Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+16
Lucky Draw
Sketch
Gallant Grimwing
Kira
Athanix
Zestari
Amber Dusk
Starry Night
Ashen Coat
Techno Illuminate
Bakewell Tart
Happy Trails
Scrap Parts
Kestrel
Snowfall
Silver Hoof
20 posters

Defending Stableton

Silver Hoof
    Silver Hoof
    Level 5
    Level 5

Defending Stableton Empty Defending Stableton

Post by Silver Hoof Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Silver Hoof took a deep breath and let it out. Of course he was nervous, he had never rallied the whole town before. Silver Hoof remembered when Sparkfire had told him of his flyover. There was a new Slaver leader by the name of the Surgeon. He had spoke to Sparkfire trying to get him to turn against the town. Corruption? Bah! There was no such thing. It was lies! But since coming out of the Stable, there are some ponies here that will believe anything out here in the Wastes.

There had been several ponies and a few others, that had already left Stableton due to lies and whispers of promises of great fortune. Thankfully he had a mole in the Surgeons Army, that is back now. Starry Night. He didn't want to give out her name, but he was also surprised she came back without any harm, maybe a bit smelly, she also came back with information more importantly.

Standing tall he got up from his stool and nodded to Rodeo and then to Sparkfire as he passed them. Snowfall was next except he hugged her. He went up the steps to the top of the stage and turned to the makeshift sound system. He tapped the microphone to make sure it was working, and he began his speech.

"Fellow Brothers and Sisters, I come to you today with a major issue. There is talk of lies, corruption and even murder. Yes murder my friends. In our very our Stableton! I can tell you the truth my fellows, there is no such thing here! The Surgeon, a slaver leader just wants to capture you and sell all of you. He promises Caps, Drugs, and Treasures galore!"
    Silver Hoof stomped his hoof down and scoffed, His nervous swaying ceased as he got angrier and more concerned.
    "I can't promise you all these bullshit goods, but I can promise you that you will have a miserable life if you go join that Surgeon General. We have a nice life carved out here in the Wastes that we all built together, the Surgeon wants to destroy it because we killed ponies that deserved it! Do you agree with that? Well I don't! The Surgeon is a days trot from us. I say we gather our arms, and let him come to us. We shall destroy the general and his raping, enslaving mind! Who's with me?"
    Snowfall
    Snowfall
    Level 2
    Level 2

Defending Stableton Empty Re: Defending Stableton

Post by Snowfall Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Snowfall started shaking. She was pretty scared. She wasn't much of a fighter. But she knew for Silver Hoof she had to be there, ready to help any injured pony with the few herbs she had grown. She had to admit, Silver Hoof was a good speaker when he was riled up. She just hoped they both survived this ordeal.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Kestrel stood silently, listening to the the pony's 'rousing' speech. The matured gryphon had never been one for talk. Words are to eaisly confused, to easy to bend n' twist into lies. He would know that, having done it plenty of times himself.

No, Kes was a gryphon of action. That is why he was here after all, loaded down with ammo, and a scoped hunting rifle strapped securely to his back. As luck would have it Stableton needed protectors, folks willing to fight for its continued survival. Kes was damned good at fighting, and was experienced enough to lend a talon to the town.

For a price.

In return for his services he had asked for only two things. The first was simple enough, just some ammo for his rifle. If he was going to kill anything, he was going to need the firepower to do the job right.

The next reward however was much more valuable. Having been around the wastelands quite a while, Kestrel had come across a few ponies, and Gryphons, who all had one thing in common. A compact little bit of tech located on their forelegs; A Pipbuck.

He had heard about how useful the things were, and knew a bit about some of their features. But never had he managed to get his talons on a working model; owner-less Pipbucks tended to be rather hard to find.

Stableton was said to be home to plenty of ponies that had such devices though, and that is what originally caught Kestrel's eye; he hadn't come looking for a fight. He just wanted to see if it were possible to purchase or procure one of those little terminals and then be on his way.

Seems like life had different plans though. Ah well. Work was work, n' pay was pay. Hopefully Silver Hoof here would fork over that little piece of tech before the battle started. Kes wasn't one for sounding greedy, but that thing's SATS and EFS could come in handy.

"I'm in. Just remember our deal." Kes spoke out, his rough, gravely voice as cold as ever.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Scrap stood listening to the grey pony's speech. To him the speech wasn't really that inspiring, more of a last hurrah before marching off towards death. It seemed to work though, as the townsponies rushed off to defend their home.

Thankfully with the whole slaver threat hanging overhead the ponies of Stableton seemed to forget his earlier crime. The town was so desperate for protectors that they were willing to accept him back.

Earlier Scrap had worked out with Silver Hoof that in return for his help defending the town that Scrap's slate would be wiped clean and he would get a share of any technology that the slavers had.

Of course Scrap already had a plan in case the battle turned toward slaver victory.

He wasn't a stupid pony after all.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Trails sauntered into Stableton, whistling as he lit another smoke. He'd seen the fires on the horizon and came running. He really didn't give two shits about Stableton, but there were ponies here he...didn't want to....well die too painfully. Attachment wasn't his thing and this whole rescuing ponies idea was even more foreign. Still he was never one to run from a fight, even if it wasn't rightly his.

Trails saw Kes in the crowd as he pushed his way to the platform where Silver Hoof spoke, he gave him a grunt and a nod. Not waiting for a response he kept shoving, working his way to the front. He jumped up on the stage and smiled a crooked grin, tapping Silver on the back with a hoof.

"Didn't think I'd miss the fun did ya?"
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Not even two years old… The feeling steadily growing within Bakewell was indescribable. Not fully disgust, horror, anger, or regret. The mare knew no words that could accurately describe the feeling beyond an excruciatingly weak and unfitting “Bad”.

Not even two years old. We’ve done nothing to offend anypony. Most of our time has been spent simply trying to survive. It didn’t even matter. Why? Why would they attack us?

Bakewell felt angry droplets leak from her eyes as she realized the answer.

Because they’re me. They see something weak, and want to squash it for fun, or maybe minor profit. They’re just bigger, scarier bullies. They’re bullies that are armed to the teeth. Is this how everypony felt, back in the stable? The mare shuddered at the thought.

She had to help. Not helping shouldn’t even be an option to consider. As the smarter ponies rushed off with plans of defending their hometown, Bakewell instead opted to move to the stage and stare up at Silver, eyes still watering.

“Please, tell me what to do.”
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Techno gave a 'Hmph' as Silver finished his grand speech. Judging from what he heard, there was going to be a lot of dead ponies in a few hours, and last time he checked, Stableton's medic wasn't the best in the wasteland. He shook his head and chuckled to himself. Lost causes are always the ones I'm stuck fighting for... he thought to himself, recalling his earlier adventures. He decided to speak up and do his best to reduce the number of dead ponies to as few as possible. "I'm in!" he called. "Who knows, a medic might just come in handy!"
    Ashen Coat
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Ashen Coat sat at the edge of the crowd, staring blankly at Silver Hoof as he made his speech. His own mind was quickly going over the possibilities and options.

If what he heard was correct, The Surgeon most likely has a superior force of raiders and slavers, all armed and experienced in some manner. He couldn't say the same for the population of Stableton. If a straight fight broke out, there's a significant chance that the Stableton defenders would lose and be killed. The best course of action would be to abandon the city, take everything he could and get away before the fighting started.

But despite that being the best possible way to ensure his own survival, there was something in Ashen that just...wouldn't let him do it. He may have been growing more and more distant from them, but he still had some connection to the former residents of Stable 113, and he couldn't bring himself to abandon them just to save his own hide.

It's what Blaze would of done...

Set on his path, Ashen's mind began devising ways to increase Stableton's odds for victory. One stood out in his mind.

He walked through the crowd, quietly slipping past and going up to the stage and walking up to Silver.

"I'm willing to use my resources to repair as many weapons and equipment in the town as possible, if we're going to be fighting a small war, we're going to need several guns, and in good condition." he told the pegasus, his voice maintaining his odd calm flatness. Doing this would exhaust his supply of spare parts and scrap metal, but it should be worth it in the end.

As he told this to Silver, he saw another pony walk up to the stage, one he recognized from his days in Stable 113.

Bakewell Tart.

Instantly he could tell that this was not the same cruel, dominating mare he remembered. The mare here in tears, asking, nay, begging to be told what to do to defend the town. Ashen never forgot a face, this was definitely Bakewell, but she was changed.

'Interesting.' was all he thought.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Starry frowned. 'No more cherry bombs in toilets for a pointless laugh,' she thought to herself, 'This time, it's serious. I saw what happened in those slave cages, I won't let that happen to a single pony here.'

Starry ducked out of the crowd, before trotting back toward her shack. She wasn't normally this asocial, but she had several schematics to work on, and a lot of explosives to craft. Half her arsenal was in peices, and they weren't going to assemble themselves.

Last edited by Starry Night on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Amber Dusk
    Amber Dusk
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Amber Dusk Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:57 pm

Amity just stood in the crowd as he shifted his sharpened katana on his sides. He around at the ponies that had gathered to defend the small town and was not surprised to see that so many answered the call.

'But I guess we all aren't ponies here.' Amity thought to himself as he eyed the black griffon from underneath his mane. After brushing it aside, he sighed as he double checked his saddle bag for supplies. He had his two throwing knifes and trust switchblade as well as some extra tape for his sword. Closing his saddlebags he looked up at the pegasus who had just finished his speech and gave a polite nod to show his participation in the defense of the town.

Now all he had to do is wait for all of this to happen.
    Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:11 am

Zestari watched the grey pegasus make his speech from the shade of a doorway. It wasn't exactly inspiring or evoked a sense of defiance, but it was correct regarding slavers. She frowned. The smart thing to do would be to creep away quietly before the slaver army arrived, after all there was no point defending a town if all the ponies that lived there were dead, or worse, enslaved. She rubbed a hoof against her head irritably. She wasn't averse to involving herself in combat, but didn't they realise that as much protection as the town provided it took away in ease of escape? Crazy ponies.

From her doorway, she watched as the denizens began to scurry around, beginning preparations for the defence of the town and sighed, wincing with indecision. She was unsure on whether to adopt the maxim 'discretion is a better part of valour' and leave Stableton before the slavers arrived. Or stay and help the town in its struggle.

On the one hoof, they had all welcomed her with a greater openness than she could ever have expected. Bakewell had even provided accommodation to the zebra. They'd even tolerated her zebra... eccentricities.

On the other hoof though, she couldn't shake the feeling that staying here might be a very bad thing. Especially considering what Zestari had heard about how zebra were treated as slaves. Then there was the gross under preparedness of the town, the lack of weapons, the lack of trained fighters, the fact that someone would have to care for the children and elderly while the fighting took place.

She grit her teeth and shook her head. The agony of decisions.

Unconvinced about her resolve in staying; in the meantime, however, she supposed she could work her alchemy and make something to boost the fighting ability of those that decided to stay and fight. She nodded, that was probably a good start, and she’d work out what she was going to do about staying or leaving until later.
    Athanix
    Athanix
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Athanix Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 am

The cloaked zebra walked in halfway through the pegasus's speech just in time to give a whole hearted smile. He had been in town for a while looking for something to do and looks like today was the day for something fun to happen.

He scanned the crowd as he took a small drink from his flask, taking extra care to make sure he wasnt drinking out of the marked one. There was quite the spread of ponies here today. Not to mention the griffon standing in the crowd. He heard somepony say something about medics so he decided to put in his two bits.

"If anypony is hurt just scream MEDIC at the top of your lungs and I'll be there as quickly as my legs can take me there. I'd be happy to help as long as you are willing to accept, my rules." Athanix said as he took another swig from his flask. Something almost caused him to double check that he was drinking the right fluids when he saw a certain pegasus standing in the crowd.

"Holy shortcakes! He even has a sword!" Athanix said out loud before slapping a hoof over his mouth. This was going to be interesting to say the least.
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:26 am

It had been another all nighter for Kira were she only had been able to get a few hour of real sleep before she were awoken buy the noises from the large crowd outside. At least this night she had not just spent all hers and storms caps on alcohol or games, no she have learn for hear mistakes this time she actually got some work done trying to get a old broken varmint rifle to working contrition.

As she got out of her small shack she still heavy eyed it was not hard for hear to get over to where most of the town had gathered. She though she recognized the older black griffin but she was just to tired to care about it right now.

She most have missed the beginning of the speech but she became wide awake from the little she heard she understood the could understand the stakes if they were to fail. True that she had never really been close to most of the stableton citizens but it was still her home now.

True that she is not much of fight but at least she knew how to defend her self, but she had never killed any pony or griffin or anyone for a matter of fact still she would be willing to try just to protect her home at least.

She kept silent in agreement as more and more of the crowd rallied to the pegasus side. Kira simply stepped forward raising her good right wing. "I am with you it will take more then a bunch of bullies to destroy the home we have made for ourself."
    Gallant Grimwing
    Gallant Grimwing
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Gallant Grimwing Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 am

An hour or so away in the darkened skies, a third griffon flew to lend her aid to Stableton. If the rumours spreading were true, the fledgling town needed all the help it could get. She wasn't used to working pro bono, but if it kept another settlement on the map, it was worth the investment.
    Sketch
    Sketch
    Level 4
    Level 4

Location : Behind you, dangerously close to your face, and a little to the left.

Post by Sketch Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:42 pm

This is what I get for traveling. thought Rough Sketch as he stood amongst the others in the crowd, listening to Silver Hoof's "inspiring" speech. Not the best with words, granted, but he knew that this pony had his heart in the right place.

Rough Sketch had just come at the wrong time. Now, he wasn't afraid of a little head-butting now and again, in fact it was the way of life out here, but getting swept up in this little local matter...a militia, one might call it...

Thinking over it again, he realized it was an adept opportunity for him. Scavenging was the way of the Wastes, and what place better to scavenge than in the aftermath of a battle? Now, preferably there were more bodies to scavenge from on the other side, but it did provide something for the survivors. Salvage. Weapons. Caps. Other things...all useful. Going over this in his mind, he decided that it would be best to stay and fight for the right and just cause of keeping Stableton free from slavery and death. And caps, of course. That was the practical side of him talking.

On the other hoof...he did feel sympathy for the townsfolk. Beaten, raped, and sold? No. That was not the way for anypony to go.

Anypony.

He'd make his stand here. Besides...if he wandered off now, he'd likely get his back end shot, with the slavers so close to town.

That was a lie. What the heck...eh, something was bugging him to do this.

"...I'm in. 's not as if I had anything else to do."
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:35 pm

From the middle of the crowd came a distinctive yell.

"Well shit. Guess it's time to buck up and Gear up, 'cause I ain't dyin' over your alls' asses!"

Lucky had come when the summons to the center of town was made, and he didn't like what he was hearing. He wasn't the worst fighter, but he was trained in the use of firearms, not his shitty little knife.
    Silver Hoof
    Silver Hoof
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Silver Hoof Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Silver Hoof was pleased to see so many ponies and others come up top to him but so quickly was a bit harsh and well nerve wracking. He gathered his thoughts and sped them out of his mouth, fluttering a bit into the air out of nervousness more than anything else.

"Thats great Ashen go get to the armory and make them in as good of shape as you can. Bakewell,there are guns and explosives in the armory, Battle Saddles for those that can handle them, please hand them out. Kira, I know we need to blockade all the gates, as well as get guards up on the perimeter, Can you handle that? Ive heard that we have some serious opponents but they don't know the ponies they are messing with do they?"
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 am

Shutter watched from the sidelines, hesitant to step forwards. He wanted to help, but he didn't know if he could even help, and these days, wars didn't really require journalists anymore...

...But...he'd been with the group that headed to Old Appleloosa...how could he just stand by and watch as the people he grew up around got enslaved? Subjected to the same thing as those in that slaver town?!

He couldn't, and before he knew it, he found himself stepping forward, almost on auto-pilot.

"S-silver...Is there anything I can help with? I mean, I've...got some skill with not being seen...and I'm pretty good at seeing things from a good distance..."

He mumbled, not really too sure how best to describe his skills.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Kes, still without his 'payment' and without a job to do, stood back and let the others get their orders before he spoke again.

"Where ya need me? You get me that Pipbuck, n' I c'n scout."

The bird stated/asked in what was quite possibly the longest string of words he had used in months, if not years. He may not have been the most talkative individual, but Kes was a pretty damn good at Scouting and such.

The scope on his rifle would help him scan the perimeter, and his skills in marksmanship and stealth could keep him out of sight if he had to engage somepony. All well and good by itself, but having a Pipbuck meant he could mark the location of anything interesting, and report it back here.

The ol' gryphon had been fighting and killing longer than most of the folks round here had been alive. Needless to say, it was something he had gotten quite good at; and even now he was getting better all the time.

He knew that the slavers would play dirty, that they would not follow strict routine and tactics. If Stableton was going to stand a chance, the inhabitants were going to need all the information they could get. Avenues of attack, Terrain descriptions, possibly even details on enemy movements/forces. Every little scrap would improve the chances that the little town of Stable-dwellers would make it for more than five minutes.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Scrap listened to Silver assigning jobs to the ponies in the crowd. When he finished assigning duties without giving him one Scrap though to himself "In retrospect I should have given a actuall description of my abilites. I suppose I could go help the pony that was going to repair weapons at the armory."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Bakewell quickly nodded, pushed her way out of the small group that seemed to be gathering around Silver, and bolted for the armory, her mind too focused on the task she had been assigned to realize that somepony else was supposed to go with her and fix up the weapons up before she handed them out. Ashen would have to get moving if he wanted to reach the armory in time to tinker with everything.

Protect… her brain urged as she ceased to think about anything other than the task at hand. Never rest… The brown earth mare urged her muscles to run faster. Hurry.
    Ashen Coat
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Ashen nodded, before hopping off the platform and breaking into a brisk trot towards his shop, time was of the essence. Once inside his shop, he began working quickly yet efficiently, pulling boxes of parts and metal off the shelves with his telekinesis and placing them all in a cart he kept in his shop. Within minutes the cart was loaded with his entire inventory of parts, forming a tower of metal boxes taller then Ashen himself. He quickly harnessed himself and set off, pulling the cart behind him as he galloped towards the armory.

o-0-o-0-o
    The door of the armory opened with a telekinetic tug, Ashen trotting in with his cart of parts behind him. Inside he saw several other ponies going through the weapons, all looking up at his arrival.

"I'm here to repair our supply of weapons for the fight." He said in his typical flat manner, not even looking at the others as he cleared off a large table and began opening up the boxes of parts and placing their contents on the table in neat, orderly piles. "If you wish to assist, sort through the weapons and give me the ones that needs to be fixed. Anything beyond repair sort into a separate pile that I can strip for parts later when my own begin to run short, and hand out anything that doesn't need repairs."

After a moment of hesitation the other ponies nodded and went to work, they knew that Ashen knew what he was doing. Ashen himself began to work as well, opening the casing of the 10mm SMG that was set in front of him and replacing the rusted internals with new ones. He wasted no time, there were many guns to go through and not a lot of time.

(Ashen's player, meanwhile, prayed to Celestia for an energy weapon of some kind in the armory so he wasn't stuck with weapons his character wasn't good with.)
    Amber Dusk
    Amber Dusk
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Amber Dusk Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Amity had been around Stableton on yet another boring courier job. But upon his arrival a few nights ago he heard about the impending attack on the town. Seeing as his work as a courier was stretched far and in between, it seemed like this would be a good opportunity to gather some more caps, and quite possibly some more gear. Slowly walking up to Silver he spoke.

"I can not fly like most pegasi, but I can be just as mobile. I can scout out the area if need be." Amity said before quickly shutting his mouth. He did not wish to say anything more than he deemed worth saying. With his katana he could sneak around the flanks of the battlefield and silently take out enemies. This is what he planned on doing the entire battle. After all, his attire did not him to charge head on to opponents at the moment.
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Kira nodded to Silver when she revised her duties around her walls and the gates, well wall and wall she would not call it really that but you could at least stand on top of it at some points but of course it would offer some protection against any attacker that tried to do harm to the little town.

"Right then." she said and pointed her claw at Scrap Parts. "Scrap help me with improving the gun nests on the wall and block of the gates." Then she pointed her only good wing and the other female griffin in the group. "You griffin, what is your name?" She paused to let her answer before she continued. "Show the ponies who get Battle Saddles to good gun positions on the wall and don't forget that they have overlapping fire between each other." She stopped speaking just thinking of what she had said, what had all that come form this was not her usual self speak perhaps griffins just knew this stuff natural. She shacked her head and then smiled at the them. "Now then lets make our town presentable for out guests."
    Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sharpaw Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Spark Fire stayed out of everyponys way, preferring to observe as the ponies made their preperations, "Maybe he was wrong, I mean these ponies aren't just climbing over each other to escape, they aren't selling each other off to save their own skin!." He thought to himself with renewed vigor.

"Give it time, and watch how they structure things, watch where they place you in their scheme. When the going gets tough, they wont hesitate for a minute to throw you to the slaughter..." The Surgeon Generals voice echoed once more in Spark Fire's head.

He stretched out his numb limbs, gathering as much sun as he could. "I guess I will just have to sit and wait." he told himself as he continued to watch, watch the flurry of activity and orders grew around him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm