Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

Defending Stableton

Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Re: Defending Stableton

Post by Cross Roads on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:14 am

Ponies ran around, preparing a defense, though some simply panicked, but they all stopped when a large flash filled the Town Square, tools stopped, weapons all aimed at the disturbance, many ponies beginning to fear this was to be their last day alive.

Smoke rose from the red hooded figure, turning to face the crowd with his glaring red eyes inspecting them, finding many among them extremely unremarkable, smoke huffing with every breath through his respirator. Then his mechanical growl began, and everypony's heart leaped...

"To whichever pony is in charge... would you kindly....step forward and greet me?! I have a message from the Surgeon General, and I'd advise you to hear me out...."

None said a word, but continued to aim at him, some even beginning to shake their guns in fear, 'cowards....'. He stepped forward, gazing a mare in the eye and laughed, which came out more as a mechanical screech, causing her to shudder.

He turned, swinging his chin up to look down on such ponies, then the flash swallowed him.

Many swung their heads to where he was now, on top of the town hall, gazing upon him like he was the Grim Reaper himself to take them away.

Cross glanced once more into the crowd, only flexing his brow in anger and inpatience. *STOMP* He slammed into the tin roof, shaking the whole building.

"Now I say unto once more, WHO SHALL HEAR ME OUT!!?!?!?" He roared, pressing the very vocal capabilities of the respirator to its limits
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:42 am

Starry burst headfirst through the door of her shack at the sound of Cross's voice, which boomed throughout the town square, and was very audible from Starry's home. Her rocket launcher followed her out the door, dragging across the floor while wrapped in the dark blue aura of her magic.

She lifted the launcher, and slung it over her back, holding it steady with her magic. She held Cross in the launcher's line of fire while approaching cautiously. She had murder in her eyes.

"You had better speak fast, nightmare spawn, because I don't fall for the same trick twice! And if you so much as lift a hoof, I'll send you back to the Surgeon in peices!"
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:09 am

Cross turned, furious that it took the damn ponies so long to come forward.

A blue mare was standing out from the crowd, and she had explosives,

'...why I do believe that nerdy mare is familiar? hmmm....oh yes I know!"

Cross jumped down several roofs, making small jumps to reach the ground.

He looked up, now the ponies were backing up, some of the big bucks in security barding had arrived and were now finding Cross to be a most vulnerable target 'fools...'

He slowly made his way over to the unicorn Mare, not once wincing at the missile locked onto his head,

"Don't be a fool Starry, you miss me now, you'll kill a dozen of your brethren!"
    Cross let out the mechanical laugh, amused at how much hate radiated off Starry. But deep down, he was disappointed...yet again.

*FLASH*

Now Cross was behind Starry, she looked back at him, if he didn't have his respirator, she would see his somber smile, but nonetheless his eyes carried his hopes.

"Starry, you ponies can't win, let the Surgeon General in and I can promise you your freedom, your friend's will get the best treatment and I'll guarantee all your colts and fillies safe passage to someplace else in the wasteland, I give you my word"

"Please Starry...Would you kindly....consider my offer?" He backed off, no longer amused, but serious and full of dread for the things to come, he only hope Starry could catch the message.

Last edited by Cross Roads on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:13 am

At the sight of the flash, Shutter immediatly dropped towards the ground into a stealthy stance, as he quickly slipped through the ponies, trying to 'hide' himself in the crowd untill he could get out of danger. He was panicked enough from the current events, and that flash set his body into auto-pilot, as he tried to avoid being seen by any potential threats.

Ducking out of the crowd and behind a shack, Shutter watched as a Red-robed Unicorn with some sort of metal casing over his mouth spoke, and demanded an audience with their leader.

His eyes widened a bit further though when he saw Starry, one of the ponies who he considered a friend, lift what looked like a ROCKET LAUNCHER at said scary red-robed pony!

Oh Luna's horn! This is so very, very bad! That pony looks tough, and I don't know if Starry could take them alone...could they?

Shutter continued to mentally panic for a few seconds, before shaking his head to maintain concentration...if things went bad, he probably wouldn't be able to help against this terrifying pony...but maybe he could still help out Starry is he snuck up close enough to cover Starry discreetly if that horrifying pony tried anything?

Slowly, Shutter slipped closer to Starry's shack, using whatever cover he could to try and avoid being seen, ready to help his friend should they need it.
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:37 am

Starry stepped forward, keeping as near to Cross as she possibly could. She pointed the launcher straight at the floor, there was no way she could miss him now. Only the two of them would have to die, and Starry was no stranger to sacrifice.

"My freedom means nothing to me if it comes at the expense of these ponies. These are MY ponies, this is my home, and if you think you can take my town without a fight, then you're in for one hell of a surprise... and believe me, I throw one hell of a surprise."

"So..." Starry continued, "Why don't you just leave? And take as many of your slavers as you can with you, because Stableton is not falling, and with Celestia as my witness, I'll see to it that not a single one of you slaver trash takes a step into this town ever again."
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:54 am

Cross's pupil shrank and he took a step back, he shuttered, "...slaver trash... His very bones shook at the insult, nothing could have been further from the truth....it.... was one thing to sacrifice your life as anypony, but Cross had spent his life sacrificing his soul, and he was not about to allow such an insult pass.

He glared at Starry, fury lighting his pupils a blazing red, "You don't know anything dreg..." He took another look at the launcher, he couldn't stop an explosion of that magnitude from this range, no matter how powerful he was...he simply wasn't an alicorn.

"...You....the Surgeon General was a fool to let you go, and he'll pay just as much as you will bitch!, I am the one with the power, I control who lives and who dies! this world is mine whether I have to kill you or not! It is mine to destroy....and it is mine to save!!!" The mask drew out the last syllable, sustaining it for several seconds before Cross's eyes returned to normal.

He blinked...realizing in reluctance what he said, Cross shook his head and slowly looked around, the whole town had turned to dreary silence, many guards still watching his every move, mothers hugging their crying foals and fillies, and the fearful just retracting in horror.

They saw a monster

What else could they possible see...?

Cross turned to Starry, in a low and even more life-like voice said,

"See you soon Starry,...and I'm sorry...for whats to come."

And he vanished in a bright red flash
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:15 am

Shutter let out a sigh of relief as he watched the Unicorn vanish, stepping out from his hiding spot as he ran towards Starry.

"Starry! Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Who was that guy! It sounded like you knew him! Were they even a pony? They sounded like a robot! That mask looked robotic too, didn't it? It made him look TERRIFYING! He really looked like he was going to hurt you! Did he hurt you! Are you okay?!!"

Shutter said at high speed, his panic ensuring his voice was almost going too fast to be understood.
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:49 am

Starry frowned, ignoring Shutter for the moment. She had to think about what he said. 'Surgeon General will suffer too... and he's sorry for what's to come. Where do his loyalties lie?' Starry was trying to concentrate on the question. She was smart, she could figure this out, but she grew increasingly distracted by an emotion that was steadily building up within her.

Starry looked at Shutter. She was now barely able to hold back a grin. Her composure quickly burst, giving way to uncontrollable excitement. She hopped in circles as she spoke. "Oh my goddess, did you see me? He was all big and scary and like, 'You're all nothing compared to me!' and then I was all like, 'Oh Yea? You'd better back the buck down!' and then he was all like, 'Consider yourselves lucky!' and poof! He disappeared! I TOTALLY scared him away! Wasn't that AWESOME?!"
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Shutter had been expecting quite a few possible reactions, but none of them were Starry hopping about in excitement. Well, at least this meant she was probably fine...

"Uh, yeah! That was awesome Starry! But who was that pony? It sounded like you knew each other!"

Shutter asked, starting to calm down a bit from his panic before thanks to Starry's attitude. If Starry didn't seem frightened of that pony before, then he was feeling less reason to be himself.

"Also...where in Equestria did you get a gun like THAT?! I sure don't remember you pulling that thing out when we were travelling, I tell you that!! Haha!"
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:04 pm

I picked up this thing on my first real trip out into the wastes! A few friends and I picked it off a raider, and I got to take it home." Starry beamed proudly, but slowly, the feeling waned, as she felt obligated to divulge Cross's identity, who she really didn't want to talk about.

"That unicorn was Cross Roads. He was the one who uh... 'introduced' me to the Surgeon General's slavers. He's pretty good at magic, from what I've gathered, and the second-in-command of the slavers."
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Shutter let out a whistle as he looked at the Missile Launcher.

"That's a heck of a trophy..."

However, when Starry showed hesitance in talking about Cross, Shutter's face started to turn a bit more serious again. He'd have to be a fool if he didn't see this conversation was making his friend feel uncomfortable.

Moving over next to Starry, he patted her back comfortingly. "Hey...are you okay? Did you...want to talk about it?"
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 am

“Come on guys, we need those weapons!” Bakewell urged the various ponies inside the armory. It appeared that the mare, being unable to accurately tell the conditions of the weapons and completely inept at actual repair work, had taken it upon herself to encourage the other ponies as best as she could until she had enough weapons to start distributing.

*BANG* The sound of hoof slamming on flimsy tin echoed throughout the town, followed by an intimidating mechanical voice demanding attention. The mare looked back to confirm that there still weren’t enough weapons to really hand out yet before poking her head out of the armory’s door. “There’s… a unicorn in a cloak.” She relayed to anypony in the armory who hadn’t gotten up to check on the scene themselves. “He’s got a really dumb metal mouth or something…” She continued to describe the events until Cross eventually teleported away. She then turned her attention back to the inside of the armory and audibly sighed as the pile of usable weapons failed to grow ten stories high while she was looking away. Nevermind, at least it was enough to at least pretend that she was doing something helpful.

Throughout the conversation between Starry and Shutter, Bakewell had been slowly making her way to the duo, stopping often to hand out weapons. She eventually made it over to them just as Shutter began patting Starry’s back.

“Ey ‘ere!” She greeted as she shoved her face in front of Shutter’s, a 10mm SMG held in her mouth. “eh’ons.” She explained, before realizing that he probably couldn’t understand her. She dropped the gun to the ground. “Weapons.” The earth pony clarified. “Should work; Tastes disgusting though.” She informed him before turning to Starry. “And one for your unicorn fri- erm. Actually, do you need one? You seem to have a much larger one of your own.”
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:34 am

"The hell are you doing now Red?" Kes wondered, having just witnessed the little interaction between Cross and the rocket launcher toting pony.

In all honesty Kes probably should have run over there and seen what the unicorn had been up to, maybe asked the hevily armed pony some questions. But the little argument the two had had only lasted a few moments, and Kes was not one for such talk.

He liked getting information for himself.

His attention was broken by the sight of some random tech pony who had come to finally deliver the gryphon's requested payment; a nice little stash of Rifle rounds and a refurbished Pip-buck.

Kes began to fiddle with his new toy shortly after the nervous tech pony left and the device had been secured around his left leg. It would take some getting used to, especially the EFS and SATS system. But the tactical advantages of having one of these leg-terminals would make the learning curve worth it. Sides, Kes prided himself on being a quick study.

Loaded down with a nice supply of ammo and toting his upgraded rifle on his back Kes took a slight breath and began to look around at the ponies nearby. Not seeing anyone that caught his eye, aside from some folk he had met once, Kes began to make his way towards the city walls.

Time for a little recon. If somepony wanted to tag along so be it, but they would need to catch up first.
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 pm

As soon as the red robed pony disappeared, Lucky began cackling like a madman. Tears of mirth rolled from his eyes as the manic laughter echoed across the town.

He stopped to catch his breath, and then began to speak in a clear, loud voice.

"Well wouldn't ya look at that? They've got magical CYBORGS! AhaHAA! What else've they got? A giant robot fuckin' radscorpion?!"

He ignored the terrified stares of the ponies around him as he shook his head, still chuckling, and made his way towards the armory. He needed to see if there were any worthwhile weapons he could use before the mass of townspeople got to them. Luna help him if he had to stick with a knife for the entire battle.
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Starry gave Bakewell a grateful smile. She was glad that she had interrupted in what was going to be a conversation Starry didn't feel like having.

"Thanks, but you're right, I really don't need a weapon. I've got more than enough firepower here and back in my shack, I don't want to deprive somepony else of a weapon they might desperately need."

Starry moved her face closer to Bakewell's, squinting her eyes to get a good look at her. "You're Bakewell, aren't you? I think I remember seeing you back in the stable."
    Gallant Grimwing
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Gallant Grimwing on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 pm

There was a heavy, padded thud as a lightly armoured Griffon swooped down and landed, perched on a makeshift shack.

She looked at the gathering ponies with a sly grin. "I'm not late, am I?"
    Sketch
    Level 4
    Level 4

Location : Behind you, dangerously close to your face, and a little to the left.

Post by Sketch on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Rough Sketch was looking over a 9mm submachinegun, a dinky piece of equipment given to him by Bakewell Tart. It was decent enough, but he felt it could use a little...improvement. Thus, it called for his natural skills as a mechanic!

He was just trotting over to the nearest workbench as the griffon fell from the sky and landed near him, shaking him a bit. He looked back as the griffon asked if she was late.

"Nope. Not at all, miss."

(OOC: Sorry for lack of posting, I've had a lot going on...)
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Hearing Kira call him, Scrap turned around to follow her to the wall.

"Ok...this isn't what I was hoping to be doing...I suppose my repair skills could be useful there...but if they think I'm not going to beat a tactical retreat the SECOND this wall falls-then they're a bunch of crazy ponies!" Scrap thought as his mind raced furiously.

"Hold on a sec Kira, what exactly do you want me to do up there? If you want I could use my repair abiltity to patch up weak spots, but I'm gonna need scrap pieces of metal." Scrap inquired of Kira, who seemed to have taken charge.
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:06 pm

(OOC: Hey, Rough Sketch, you realize that Ashen would of been the one to repair that SMG, right? Ashen, with his higher repair skill and access to spare parts and scrap metal....Shouldn't be much to fix up)

Ashen handed Bakewell another hunting rifle as he continued his work on arming as many ponies as possible with good guns. His supplies were beginning to steadily run low, even with him grabbing parts from the junk guns. He ran a quick calculation in his head, and he suspected that he'd only have enough parts to fix up half a dozen more guns. Hopefully that would be enough.

Set aside his worktable was a old prism rifle somepony found in the armory. Ashen claimed it for himself, and gave Bakewell his old guns to hand out in exchange. Both were in great condition, and the lever-action shotgun would be better suited for a pony who uses that sort of weapon, so it was fair. He still had some spare parts from his lost prism pistol that he could fix the weapon up with once he was done here.

About ten minutes later, he handed out the last gun as his supplies were finally exhausted. He glanced around the mostly empty armory, the only weapons left were ones pretty much beyond hope, he doubted he could get one good gun out of these even if he took them all apart. Nodding at the others, who began to file out of the armory, he holstered his new weapon and walked out himself.

"The armory is cleared out." he told the others that gathered outside in his flat, calm manner. "The entire town should be armed at this point."
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Bakewell instantly returned Starry’s smile “Oh, okay.” She replied dismissively before turning and tossing the offered gun haphazardly to a nearby civilian. “Dang, I hope these ponies know how to use these things, I know I’ll probably just end up shooting a friend on accident if I try to fire one…” the brown earth pony muttered before turning her head back towards Starry. Bakewell couldn’t help but pull her own face back slightly upon noticing that the blue mare had moved her own face closer and was now squinting at the cook.

“Uhm, yeah! I think I remember you, a bit. Aren’t you… hrmm” At this point, Bakewell realized that while she rarely forgot a stable face, she apparently was fully capable of forgetting a stable name. The only identifying words that immediately came to the cook’s mind were mean nicknames that she and Cream would have used to tease the unicorn behind her back. Few of the jeers could even possibly be this unicorn’s real name, and none of them were words Bakewell would dare use to describe a Stabletonian now that the genocide had occurred.

“It’s… uh… uh oh, do you hear that? I think Ashen’s calling me. I’d better go get more weapons! ‘Scuse me for a moment!” She put on as innocent a grin as she could manage before taking off, galloping full speed back to the armory where, luckily, Ashen had completed enough weapons for her lame excuse to hopefully hold up. She thanked him and flashed a nervous smile. Bakewell recognized Ashen, of course, but he had seemed so serious throughout the entire time spent in the armory that she found herself hesitating to start a direct conversation with him.
    Upon returning, Bakewell slid the weapons into a clumsy pile on the ground with the intent of letting the ponies help themselves. The pastry-marked mare didn’t exactly know what weapons everypony would be skilled with, anyway.

“There!” She exclaimed as she re-approached Starry, intent on pretending that she had never left the name question unfinished in the first place. The fight was a bit more important, anyway. “So you’re smart, right? Do you have a plan? I was planning on just bucking them in the face until my head explodes, but if you have an actual plan I’d love to help!”

Bakewell kept up her method of talking briefly before running to get more weapons every few minutes until the entire town was eventually armed.
    Gallant Grimwing
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Gallant Grimwing on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:19 am

Rough Sketch wrote:Rough Sketch was looking over a 9mm submachinegun, a dinky piece of equipment given to him by Bakewell Tart. It was decent enough, but he felt it could use a little...improvement. Thus, it called for his natural skills as a mechanic!

He was just trotting over to the nearest workbench as the griffon fell from the sky and landed near him, shaking him a bit. He looked back as the griffon asked if she was late.

"Nope. Not at all, miss."

(OOC: Sorry for lack of posting, I've had a lot going on...)

"Oh, good." She leapt down from her perch onto the dry, dusty ground. "In that case, anyone care to tell me what's going down?"
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:55 am

Shutter would have taken the 10mm SMG hesitantly, before Bakewell had run off...this thing was pretty big, and he wasn't really a big pony...If he thought the recoil from the pistol had been bad, then he just knew this was gonna be hard for him to use, let alone even aim.
    Slipping the weapon to his side, Shutter gave a glance over at Starry and sighed.

"You know? Just once I wish I could get something that didn't feel like it was going to break my jaw with every shot..."

He said, forcing a chuckle.

"Ah well, beggars can't be choosers, right? Do we have any actual plans for how we're going to survive this?"
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 pm

"Well, I'm not well versed in military tactics, but I would reccomend flanking the opponent. That will allow us to draw pressure away from Stableton, and we might get a shot at one of their leaders, assuming we move quietly enough."

Starry turned around and began heading back toward her shack. "If we're gonna do this, then I have to grab a few more weapons from my home, I left quite a few things behind when I rushed out here." As she opened the door the her shack, she waved for Shutter to follow.

"Come on, I might have some weapons you'd be interested in," she said, before heading inside.
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Kira was above on the wall just beside the gate looking out to the wastes as Scrap spoke to her, she could actually understand why he would not stay and fight at the wall if things got bad but she would her best to hold them off for the longest time possible. If they would think the fight at the wall would be bad then if the slavers would get in to Stableton it self it would just be horrible.

"Just try to reinforce the gates with what ever you find or can get your hooves on." She sighed this was not something she would like to say but it had to be done. "Start to use the houses nearest to the gates to reinforce them, know they will complain but just send them to me if they do. Also get some others to help you with this."

She sighed again then smiled somewhat, why was she doing this man the town will hater her for it but they just had to see the big picture. She turned to start her self the get to working on the wall and saw Kes on the same wall she was on. "Hey Kes!" She shouted, okay the griffin was actually kind of creepy but he was actually not that bad just somewhat creepy but there was something with his way to use few words that was somewhat refreshing. "So... of to do some recon, or did you just feel like to stretch your wings." She laugh but stopped quickly, gods she really missed flying.
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Lucky had gotten to the armory just in time to receive a freshly repaired hunting rifle. He had checked the weapon himself after having it thrust into his hooves, and was surprised that it seemed to be in good condition. He wasn't sure there was much else he could do to the thing to make it work any better than it already was. Lucky had also been given a small supply of bullets for the thing, about twenty rounds all in all. He loaded the rifle and then decided he'd sit on the armory's porch until he was told to do otherwise. His flask was out of his pocket and up to his lips in no time at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:41 am