Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+16
Lucky Draw
Sketch
Gallant Grimwing
Kira
Athanix
Zestari
Amber Dusk
Starry Night
Ashen Coat
Techno Illuminate
Bakewell Tart
Happy Trails
Scrap Parts
Kestrel
Snowfall
Silver Hoof
20 posters

Defending Stableton

Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Defending Stableton - Page 3 Empty Re: Defending Stableton

Post by Kestrel Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Kestrel was just about to fly over the gates when Kira's voice stopped. His cold gaze locked on the much smaller gryphon, giving her a once over before turning back to the lands out in front of the Gates.

Lands that would soon be soaked in the blood of raiders, slavers, and townsfolk alike.

"Recon." Kes said after a short pause, voice just as gritty and cold as ever. He probably could of said more, but most of his words remained as silent thoughts.

'I wish to know my hunting grounds.'

Staring out at the landscape Kes could see the cliffs would be a good area to survey the battle, but the distance would put him at a distinct disadvantage if he planned on really lowering the numbers of the invading force; which he did. The only other option that Kes could see as viable would be taking up a position either along the city walls, or in the small rolling hillocks of rubble and rock off to his right outside the gates.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Lightning happened to be in Stableton when it was suddenly threatened to be attacked. By who, he didn't know yet. All he did know was that he had to help defend the town and the ponies he grew up with back in the stable. Quickly flying over to the armory, Lightning could easily see the bustle of activity as the town armed themselves from the pile of guns just laying around.

Walking over, he scanned his eyes over the pile before picking out his choice. A .45 caliber pistol in a decent condition. "Not bad..." he murmured to himself before sliding it into a holster. Lightning was curious to see where the enemy was so he would take off and quickly fly upward, scanning around the terrain around him.
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Shutter would follow after Starry, interested in any form of weapon that he could actually wield without hurting himself.

"Flanking? That's pretty risky...But I think you're right, It wouldn't surprise me if we outnumber them, so if we could take them from the sides, or better yet, strike from behind where they least suspect..."

Shutter mumbled, nodding his head as the idea began to sound more and more appealing.

"Yeah, I think that could work Starry! We should try and find some really stealthy ponies, or see if any traders have any stealthbucks on them that we could buy! A small group coming from behind might be just what the doctor ordered!"
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:15 am

"Not to worry, Shutter! I managed to procure a stealth buck quite recently! It was for one of my birthday pranks, but it never got used. Good thing, too, because as much fun as the prank would have been, that stealth buck can actually go toward saving lives."

Starry peered inside one of her lockers, rummaging through her things, speaking to herself as she browsed her possessions. "Uhh, let's see.... I've got several missles, I'll have to use them sparingly but they should come in handy. Some more firebombs, been working hard to make those. Mines.... I gave those away for ponies to place under their doorstep, in case any slavers break in. Ooh! There it is!"

Starry reached into the locker, pulled out the stealth buck, and tossed it to Shutter. She spoke to him as she strapped on her utility belt. "I've only got one of them, and you can't go in there alone, so you wear it and lead the way. I'll follow from behind and you can signal me if the way is clear."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:51 am

Shutter gave a nod, as he took the Stealthbuck.

"Okay...but that's just the two of us, and that's not going to be much of a flank. I think we might need some more fighters with us if we really want to have a chance of taking these Slavers by surprise."

Shutter said, as he slipped the chip onto one of the pockets of his Stable suit, ready for easy access when he needed it.

"Do you know anyone else here who's good at sneaking? Or is skilled enough that they could be invaluable for our little squad?"
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:58 am

Starry paused, and stared blankly at Shutter. It was a brilliant question, but Starry was utterly stumped. After several blinks, she opened her mouth to speak. "Maybe we should bring a doctor? Or another pony who's a good shot. Why don't we step outside and just ask some ponies if they want to help?"
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:07 am

Shutter nodded, agreeing with Starry.
    "That sounds like an excellent idea, we're going to need a decent-sized squad if we want to pull this off, but not too big that we're easily spotted...maybe about...us two, and three more? Maybe four?"

Shutter suggested, as he exited the shack, moving to hold the door open for his friend as he kept talking.

"I really hope this works...if we lose Stableton...then...I just don't know what we could do..."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:23 am

"Let's try not to plan that far ahead, Shutter. I don't want to think about losing Stableton." Starry stepped out of the shack. "Thanks," she said to Shutter, who held it open. She was now fully armed and ready for the assault.

"Hey everypony!" Starry shouted at the top of her lungs, "Does anypony wanna kill some raiders with us?!" Starry took a look around the town, waiting for somepony to volunteer themselves.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:31 am

A few minutes had passed since Kes had talked to Kira, he had finished his quick overview of the area. Hell there was not much the folks of this town could do aside from fortify and overlap fire when the slavers came.

Unless they had mines.

Until some pony gave him a proper job Kestrel would wander the town in silence. Not like folk would actually bother him for doing so, his large size and cold nature tended to make folk uneasy around him.

He had just rounded the corner of a House when the familiar from of Starry cried out for volunteers; Volunteers for some sort of mission involving the killing of raiders.

That's Better
    Kes thought to himself, walking over towards the two without a word. A grunt was all he offered to signal his agreement to this little mission. Ain't like he had anything else to do.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:13 am

A familiar and distinct yell came from across town, asking who wanted to kill raiders.

'Gee, I wonder who that could be?' Lucky thought sarcastically.

'It couldn't POSSIBLY be the town demolitions expert, could it?'

He removed himself from the spot in front of the armory, and went to find the source of the call. He was itching to use his new toy, and what better way than on the bastards trying to kill the town?
    Gallant Grimwing
    Gallant Grimwing
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Gallant Grimwing Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:47 am

Starry Night wrote:"Let's try not to plan that far ahead, Shutter. I don't want to think about losing Stableton." Starry stepped out of the shack. "Thanks," she said to Shutter, who held it open. She was now fully armed and ready for the assault.

"Hey everypony!" Starry shouted at the top of her lungs, "Does anypony wanna kill some raiders with us?!" Starry took a look around the town, waiting for somepony to volunteer themselves.

The griffon stood to the side sighed heavily. "I didn't fly here to pick flowers, pony."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

"Awesome!" Starry exclaimed, taking a look at the crowd which had gathered around her and Shutter. That makes two griffons and three ponies. Okay, here's the plan. We're all gonna travel there by foot, letting Shutter lead the way with his stealthbuck. We're gonna have to try to be sneaky. If we get caught, it's up to our griffons to provide aerial support to draw fire away from Lucky and I. Does that sound like a plan?"
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Techno walked up to the group of ponies surrounding Starry and Shutter. "If you intend to go and shoot up some slavers, you better be prepared to be shot at back. I'd say it's safe to assume that at least one of you is going to be severely injured in this, and I hate dying ponies as much as the next one. That and a shield can be very valuable in a pinch, so I'll come with." he said to Starry and Shutter, confirming his attendance. "Not the best at sneaking, but I can make due."
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Lightning noticed a shout and looking down, he saw a group of ponies and griffins, armed and obviously ready for battle. Not seeing anything from his quick look around, he knew that he probably need a larger weapon than just a pistol so Lightning went back to the armory, taking out a 9mm SMG this time. Slipping it in the opposite side of his pistol, he overheard the sound of what the group of ponies wanted to do.

Looking over, he noticed a couple of them that looked familar back from the party. Starry and...Shutter. Sneaking was one of his best skills so he walked over and said, "Hey, I know you already have a large squad. But I overheard what you guys were planning and let me tell you, I know how to move stealthly. I want to tag along."
    Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sharpaw Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:18 pm

SparkFire stretched and yawn'd awoken once more from his nap. He lazily looked around and saw Starry with a some arm'd ponies around her... "hmph, seems like trouble." he grumble'd to himself.

He got up, and flew his scaling self over to the roof of a house. The sheet metal was warm to the touch of his thick hide. Perfect for another nap. He figured that if anyone needed him, he would be awoken again, that or Silver would find him. That or the sound of gunfire would be his revelry.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Starry glanced around at the recent additions to the party. "Alright, we definately need a doctor, and I trust your stealthiness, and you can assist our griffons in the air if battle breaks out." Starry stomped her hoof on the ground assertively, "But no more ponies! Our group is large enough as it is, it'll be difficult enough to sneak around to flank with how many of us there are."

"Now, could somepony please let Silver know what we're up to? He seems to have taken charge of the defense, and I want him to know that several of his defenders aren't gonna be behind the walls."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Shutters eyes opened wide in surprise as the group grew in a flash.

"Wow, I didn't realize we had so many eager fighters! Defending Stableton is going to be easy! Those Slavers don't stand a chance!"

He laughed, almost jumping up and down, but stopped when the SMG at his side flew up from the jump and hit him hard in the flank, letting out a wince of pain. Thank Luna it hadn't gone off!

"Agh...uh, any of you know where I could get a pistol? I seriously doubt I could even aim this thing under fire, let alone fire it without dropping it."

He sheepishly said, as he undid the strap that had tried to keep it secure, and pulled it off, offering it to any of the group that could use the weapon.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:16 am

Lightning would grin as Starry agreed to let him come, "Great. You won't regret it. Trust me." When he saw Shutter hop up and down and his gun coming loose, Lightning couldn't help but sigh a little. "Need a little help there?" He looked back at the armory and say, "I'm sure there could be a pistol or two left. But because I'm feeling generous, I have a .45 right here for you." Pulling it out of his holster, he set it down in front of Shutter. "You should be able to handle that, right?"
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:48 am

Reaching out with his right 'hand' Kestrel took Shutter's offered weapon. SMG's were not really Kestrels thing, but he would take what he can get.

Besides it was better than his current sidearm.

Speaking of that sidearm, Kes would no longer need it with the acquisition of the 10mm SMG. Reaching back into his saddlebag the gryphon pulled out the presented a well cared for 10mm Pistol.

"Who wants it?" The gryphon asked sitting back and securing his newer, much better, sidearm with his free arm; being sure to put it where it could be eaisly reached if needed.

He had quite the arsenal now, and he would be sure to make the guns and ammo he had serve him well.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:03 am

As the mercenary griffon took the 10mm SMG from Shutter, Lightning was a little surprised to see that he was going to part with a 10mm pistol. Looking over at Kes, he figured that that the fact that he was parting with a .45 that he could use a new sidearm if the griffin really wanted to get rid of it. "Alright, if you're going to get rid of that, I'll take it off your...talons. I'm sure to put it into good use."
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:24 am

Kestrel wrote:Reaching out with his right 'hand' Kestrel took Shutter's offered weapon. SMG's were not really Kestrels thing, but he would take what he can get.

Besides it was better than his current sidearm.

Speaking of that sidearm, Kes would no longer need it with the acquisition of the 10mm SMG. Reaching back into his saddlebag the gryphon pulled out the presented a well cared for 10mm Pistol.

"Who wants it?" The gryphon asked sitting back and securing his newer, much better, sidearm with his free arm; being sure to put it where it could be eaisly reached if needed.

He had quite the arsenal now, and he would be sure to make the guns and ammo he had serve him well.

Lucky eyed the pistol, then looked at his new rifle.

"I think I'm good. Otherwise, that gun appears to be in pretty decent shape, fix it yourself?"

The buck loaded his gun and cocked the bolt action. He had jury rigged a kind of battle saddle using a lawnmower handle, duct tape, and wire.

"Damn I wish there'd been a spare saddle in the armory. It'd be a lot easier than this piece of shit."
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:31 am

The only response Flash would receive was a curt nod followed by Kes tossing the weapon at him. With all his gear locked down Kes was ready to go.

He took this time now to give a once over of the group, silently studying each one carefully. At the end of it all the big gryphon had only one real curiosity; one that he kept to himself.

Why the heck did Starry think it was a good idea to bring a missile launcher on a stealth op?
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:46 am

Techno looked around at the weapon exchanging coolly. He hadn't ever shot a gun to kill, and he didn't intend to start today. However, he did warm up his magic a bit by charging up a shield spell, then letting it down, getting used to the feel of the spell again. "So, if we're all done trading guns, I vote to head out." he said, expressing his want to go.
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:37 am

Shutter took the .45 off of Lightning, the gun feeling alot lighter then the SMG had been, and alot easier for the pony to fire. He quickly strapped it to his side before turning to look at the rest of the group.

"Yeah, that should do perfectly. Thanks! Now, as for moving out...Well, that's gonna be up to Starry as to when we go...but we're going to want to move into position quick. We're going to need to take them by surprise, and I think the best moment to do that would be right when they charge, they'll be expecting an attack from the barricades, but if we start firing on the slavers from the side as well, they'll be completely unguarded!"

Shutter said, feeling confident in this flanking attack.

"It would probably work even better if we could get a small group for the other side as well, but that would be a bit more risky...so for now, let's stay with the one side, right?"
    Gallant Grimwing
    Gallant Grimwing
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Gallant Grimwing Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:07 pm

"I'm ready when you lot are, said the griffon curtly, tightening up the straps holding her armour on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm