Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Mona Tones
Cross Roads
Sawdust
Winter Bell
Atriark
Arc Weld
Lucky Draw
11 posters

Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED)

Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED) - Page 10 Empty Re: Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED)

Post by Gentle Breeze Wed May 23, 2012 10:14 pm

"I believe it'll take me a while to finish this round," Gently smiled. "I'm good, thanks. Is Cocktail the barkeeper? If he has an extra room, that would be wondrous for tonight. I actually haven't slept in a day or two."

She looked down again, still smiling, hoping nopony would say anything about that.
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Wed May 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Atriark looked at his empty glass and then to Gentle, who still hadn't finished her round. "No I'm good. I've had way too much already. If it wasn't for the shock to my system commonly called a chair to the head, I would be passed out over by the stage." The zebra turned to the soft white mare, "And you ma'am, when you finish it off to bed for you, even it I have to pick you up and carry you."
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Wed May 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Gently looked at the zebra and blinked in surprise. "I-I'm just fine!" she complained to her friend. She blushed, and looked back down at the table. "I can stay up as long as I need to. As long as I want to. I'm not about to fall over from exhaustion."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Thu May 24, 2012 10:02 am

"Nopony's trying to question your endurance Gentle, but the cider can creep on you if you're not used to it. And calling it a day early is probably a good idea anyway, tommorow's going to be a long day for us, so i suggest we go ask Cocktail if he has any empty rooms."
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Thu May 24, 2012 1:01 pm

"As long as you need to is about five minutes longer. Everypony needs there sleep." Atriark began nudging the mare with his muzzle. "Come on ma'am, let's go see Cocktail and see how many rooms he has open and for how much."
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Thu May 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Gentle relaxed some, but the redness of her blush remained. "A-alright," she sighed. She smiled at the nuzzling she was given by the zebra. "Yes, sir," she smiled softly. Breeze stood, and began walking over to Cocktail.
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Fri May 25, 2012 4:49 am

Atriark wrapped an arm around Gentle. "Oops, let's hold up a second ma'am. I didn't see that you still had your drink. Drink it up." Atriark smiled warmly to the mare. "So, Arc, do you have a place to stay?"
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 25, 2012 4:55 am

Turning his attention the the bar, Arc realized that Coctail might not have time to do hotel business right now. The bar looked like it took part in discussion with pile of Rage, twenty-kilogram demolition hammer and a stack of glass panes. Neight, we should give some time for Coctail to clean his business up.

"A place to stay? Well, yes, i guess that could also be a solution to our problem, and since our friend is used to Wasteland, a nigh in a sleeping bag wouldn't be a problem. I mean, in one of our places."

Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 25, 2012 5:05 am

"I'm nowhere near finished with this, Atriark, and I won't be anytime soon," Gently smiled. "I'm only taking a sip at a time."

She smiled to Arc. "If we could stay at your place, that'd be wonderful. I wouldn't mind a sleeping bag; I've been working at the nearby hospital and have been sleeping in one for quite some time."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 25, 2012 5:33 am

"A'right, why the heck not, at least i won't have breakfast alone.", smiled Arc.

"By the way, what do you think of Luckys' performance? The guy could really be a country singer, don't you think?"
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 25, 2012 5:36 am

Gently giggled. "Well, he certainly isn't a bad singer," she smiled. "But the song seems a little off. His name is Lucky? I'd love to meet him; I have a lot of ponies to meet around these parts, I'm sure."
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 am

"Yeah, but you may have met Lucky once or twice before. He's from our stable as well." Atriark said, pointing to the singing stallion's blue stable suit. "So Arc, where do you live?"
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 25, 2012 7:36 am

Gentle was surprised. "He is?" she said, her smile faded. She wasn't really sure how she felt about Stable 113 anymore. "I don't remember seeing you there.... then again, I did sort of keep to myself that whole time, save when being taught by my parents..."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 25, 2012 9:29 am

"Well, i know how that feels, Breeze. I was kept from most of the Stables' society too, partly because of my job, partly because of my nature to keep myself to myself, and everypony i knew back there are gone. But hey, such is the existence in Wasteland."

"Anyway, my humble abode in near the office of material aquisition, bit small, but we'll manage."
    Mona Tones
    Mona Tones
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mona Tones Fri May 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Mona barely spared Dash a second glance, as she turned back to the bar, the potion having pretty much done it's work, with only a slight tender feeling to the injury.

"I've said what you can do to pay me back, and you've done it. If you want work, perhaps you should try asking the bartender if there's anything you can do to try and make up for almost turning the bar into a warzone."

Admittedly, she had really just shoved off any repayment he might have felt as being nessecary onto the bartender, rather then let him pay her back directly...but Mona was fine with this, she had no use for the Pagasus anyway. She didn't have a job for him to do as repayment, and she sure wasn't taking anything of his as payment for the injury...that wasn't her style.

...Then again, she could say something at least...

"...Although, if you really want to make this up to me...then go and get a few lessons in explosives, so you can tell what's a deadly weapons and what isn't. I don't think anypony needs your itchy triggertoungue going off because you couldn't tell the difference between someone throwing a frag, or possibly a can of peas."

She said, without even a hint of sarcasm to her voice, despite it being almost requred for what she had just said. She just kept on in that weird monotone of hers...
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 pm

"Explosives training?" Dash repeated, "I guess I could do that..." It was probably yet another thing he would have to pay for himself, but true to his word, he wanted to keep a good name in for himself.

He once again had to force himself to keep in a rebuttal about using flashbangs in a barfight as well. If it had gone off, it would have been everyone's suffering, instead of just him. He wondered for a moment how it would have gone if it had gone off. But he figured he must have fired before the timer would have gone off.
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Gently wasn't sure what to say to the brown unicorn. She stood silently for a moment, watching his face with a curious, but otherwise blank expression. She cleared her throat, and then took another sip of her hard cider, savoring its sweetness on her tongue.

Figuring she had to say something, she spoke up. "I suppose finding others from the stable is nice. It's always good to find friends from there, even if you became friends after the fact."

A glint of her smile returned, but it was more of a kind smirk.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Arc looked at her with a look of sad nostalgia on his face."Yeah, it's alway good to meet old friends, i suppose you two are very lucky in that."

"You know, sometimes i wonder whether the whole incident was actually an incident. Sometimes, when i'm sad and feel lonely, the whole thing looks more as intention, to force us to leave the safety of the undeground stillnes and actually live, whatever this life may be."
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Breeze thought about that for a moment. "I don't know about that," she said. "But if it was intentional, then I'm frightened by it. But it's always better to look up instead of down. Things'll be better than this, eventually. If we have to live in the wastelands, then so be it."
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Fri May 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Cross let out a huge ear-splitting great and meekily said

"Thats great, I'll do my best to make sure you have fun." Cross stepped forward and placed one hoof on Winter's back, he blushed but this was necessary so she didn't lose balance since it was too likely she never experienced teleportation before.

"Alright....here we go..........don't blink...."

*FLASH*

(assume a couple of hours pass before DotC)
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 25, 2012 4:54 pm

"And if we have to live in the Wasteland, then the Wasteland has no idea what it let loose on itself.", said Arc with a grin.

And with that, Arc realized that he's just starting to wallow is self hate stemming from being lone survivor again. He had to change the topic, and fast.

"Anyhow, you said you had interest in science, beside medicine itself. Anything specific or just started reading on the basics?"
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 25, 2012 5:01 pm

"Oh, chemistry and technology. I'm to the point where if I was given a small broken device, I could probably fix it if I knew what it was for. But that's it at the moment," Breeze explained. "I plan on improving on that with time. I'm also learning some herbs and things, as well."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 25, 2012 5:11 pm

"Thats's quite useful, though you'd be suprised how much heave machinery managed tu survive with only minor fault in its controll matrix. And if there's anything i ever learned about machines, it is that good smack with wrench can fix most issues, quite often even non mechanical ones."

"Beside that, knowing you way around computers can also be life saving."
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Gentle giggled. "Well," she smiled. "I'll just have to improve on my hacking skills, then, too."

She took another sip of her hard cider, wondering how much it would take of the drink for her to become at all drunk. Pondering this, she began pondering also what being drunk would do to her. She knew it was slightly different for everypony.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 25, 2012 6:07 pm

"I'll see if i can get you some reading to educate on the subject, or maybe somepony to do so."

Arc yawned.

"Goddesess, the whiskey starting to get upper hoof on me. Breeze, if you woudn't mind, can we slowly wrap it up here and get you accomodated?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm