Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+4
Scrap Parts
Sky
Lightning Flash
Zestari
8 posters

A Herbal Remedy [Closed] [Finshed]

Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

A Herbal Remedy [Closed] [Finshed] Empty A Herbal Remedy [Closed] [Finshed]

Post by Zestari Thu May 17, 2012 7:27 am

It was early in the morning and Stableton was only just waking up to the thin light passing through the dense cloud overhead to what seemed, by wasteland standards, a lovely day.

The zebra Zestari was happily trotting her way through town humming a lazy tune, a sheaf of papers poking out from one side of her saddlebags and a broken pipbuck in her mouth. Pausing when she reached a crude wooden meeting post, she plucked one of the pieces of paper from her saddlebag and placed it against the post. Digging deeper into her bag, she pulled out a rusted and slightly bent nail. Placing it against the paper, she used the pipbuck to hammer the nail through and into the wood.

Having adhered the paper to the post, she paused to admire the handiwork before her.

HELP WANTED

I seek a band of ponies brave;
    Adventure and challenge they should crave,
    for I require assistance in acquiring
    a distant herb. Those inquiring
    should seek me out at my abode,
    where my task shall be bestowed.

Of course, I offer great reward,
    and those seeking thrills shall not be bored.

Below the message was a scribbled drawing of a map marking her house and for those equipped with such, a set pipbuck coordinates:

-214f4dd / 842d684

Pleased with her handiwork, she hummed happily then trotted off to put more of them up around town. Perhaps outside the tavern next, she pondered, before heading home to await respondents.

Last edited by Zestari on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total

A Herbal Remedy [Closed] [Finshed] Empty Re: A Herbal Remedy [Closed] [Finshed]

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 am

Blazen was just here normally, looking around town and listening to his Pipbuck's radio feature, before switching to his large amount of recorded music and looking at it. There was even some serious combat music in here, of how he got it Shield could not understand. He only bought it from the trader for about fifty caps and most of those fifty caps had been from his fathers earnings that was given to him when he died, he remarked. He resisted the urge to just head home, but it felt like something needed to be done out here. He just wanted to face-hoof at his thoughts, because most of the time he was wrong, aside from that time when that mare was in trouble. That had earned him a dozen scrapes, a small scar, a few hundred bruises, and to be sent to his room in shame. But hey, he saved a mare. While he was pondering a few other things in his mind, he was wandering off around town, and even looked at a traders stuff, before moving on. And after a small while, he found a poster. Wind made it move around a bit, but it didn't matter. He read it anyways, and he snickered at the end. He hated himself for those moments, but he couldn't help it. He copied the pipbuck coordinates and inputted it into the actual pipbuck on his arm. But the person on the note said 'I seek a band of ponies brave', so one person aint going to do it. He checked the 9mm, and everything else. He was as set as he was going to be. He decided to just...wait by the post. It was normal for him.

He stopped waiting and went away to the location.

Last edited by Blazen Shield on Thu May 17, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Thu May 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Lightning flew over the town as always, pulling off flips and dangerous stunts. He had been trying to develop new moves to use in case he ever got into combat again. Also, it was a nice way to impress some ponies and he enjoyed doing it. What more to say about that?

After he finished doing all his fancy flips and speedy tricks, the pegasus would come to a landing and begin to walk around the town instead. A sign hanging on a post eventually caught his eye and upon further examination, he began to wonder who wrote this note. "Sounds like something I could help with..." he murmured. Taking note of the coordinates in his Pipbuck, Lightning flew to his home quickly, getting his bag, canteen, and of course, his 10mm SMG and pistol. Once he had his ammo gathered and his other such supplies, he took to the skies once more and began to head to the coordinates on his map.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Thu May 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Sky was just got up in the morning, feeling rather dazed from the experienced of being up all night. These types of days Sky just felt rather lazy, She had been at her house for entire day asleep. some fresh air might do this Pegasus some good, or get shot. any day living in the wasteland was bound to get her shot. Sky quickly dawned her security uniform and left her small shack, to take a nice stroll through stableton. Something that was undoubtedly the same things she did for the rest of the week, still fresh air wouldn't do anypony no harm. Right?

Sky walked for while before coming up to a post with a poster on it(how ironic), She walked up to the poster. Sky read the what it said, "hmmm, something like doesn't normally happen on a day to day basis." Sky said as she checked her saddlebags, everything she needed was there. "looks like i got everything for short trip." She looked at the coordinates with her pipbuck, and proceeded to follow the marker on her pipbuck.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Thu May 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Scrap had wandered into Stableton once again, he was running out of caps and looking for something to do. He noticed a piece of paper stapled to a pole and read it.

Sounds interesting...I guess I'll go see what tthis is all about

Punching the coordinates into his pipbuck, a marker appeared on te screen and Scrap started to head toward it.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Thu May 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Winter was casually wondering down the street when all of a sudden a piece of paper stuck her in the face. She stopped, a little started as she peeled the paper from her face. She looked around briefly before looking down at the content that she now saw was upon it. She read it over a few times and it seemed some pony... or judging by the writing, some 'Zebra' was looking for some ponies to help retrieve some kind of herb. She thought on it for a moment, considering her options as she wondered if she had anything more important to take care of first. After a further moments thought she decided to head to the place and pick up some more details before making a decision weather she would go on this 'adventure'. She read over the map details again before making her way towards the specified location.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Thu May 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Cross had traveled around for a few days, but he was getting bored, he wanted to travel. He saw a slip that stated someone was apparently looking for some help.... the job sounded unimportant enough not to attract some heavy hitters, but dangerous enough that whoever would be taking it up might need some help.

Cross chuckled and set his course to the adobe, which surprisingly was in fact Zestari's adobe, a zebra who owed a great deal to for helping him a few weeks ago. It wouldn't hurt to do this job pro bono.....unless she had some arcanic tech to offer. But Cross still had a ways to go if he wanted to redeem himself.

As he got closer he saw a blue pegasus flying in the same direction and Cross silently chuckled, he somewhat remembered that pony, he did indeed set him on fire at some point.

Still he wasn't much of a big mouth that he might recall Cross at the battle of Stableton.....he was getting tired of having to explain himself...

And so he arrived
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Thu May 17, 2012 11:55 pm

As Lightning arrived on location, he noticed a few other ponies from the town heading to the same coordinates he was. But one little pony would catch his eye. That one pony from the battle. The pegasus would scowl as he stared down the pony. How dare that stallion return to Stableton after all he did to destroy the town! True, he did take out the leader. But that was after so many ponies had to fight and die for their town.

Lightning would pull out his pistol from it's holster and pull a backflip, landing behind Cross Roads with a loud thud. Not pointing the pistol directly at the yellow pony just yet, he would say, "You got alot of guts to come back to our town after you tried so hard to destroy it..." Lightning glared at the back of the pony's head, waiting for even the smallest reason to take a shot at Cross.
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Fri May 18, 2012 1:25 am

Atriark rubbed his mane as he looked at the ad, unsure if he should take the offer. The thing sounded easy enough, but the client wasn't stating what the reward was.

Just by reading the ad, Atriark could tell that the client was either a zebra (Which he hoped greatly for), or a pony who liked to rhyme.

"Eh, why not,' Atriark shrugged.

He took out his pipbuck from his saddle bag, and punched in the coordinates from the flyer. He almost put the pipbuck back in his saddle bag, but thought better of it. He may need it, and his barding for that matter.

A few minutes later, Atriark trotted back to the flyer. Adorning the zebra was his favorite stable 113 suit turned armor, and his pipbuck that he had all his life.

Checking to make sure he had the information correct, he headed for the waypoint that was showing on his E.F.S. Arriving at the house, a notice flashed; Bakewell Tart's house. Well that was a name he hadn't seen in a while.

Adjusting his Armored Stable 113 Barding, took a deep breath, and knocked on the door.
    Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari Fri May 18, 2012 2:40 am

The location on the 'Help Wanted' posters led the group near the business area of Stableton, where the streets were slightly wider and cleaner and some of the structures were massive.

The coordinates they received lead them to a building sandwiched between two larger and somewhat more impressive structures. The taller buildings surrounding it made the smaller building seem even smaller than it actually was. It almost appeared to be a side-part to the building to its right, and possibly even shared a wall.

Zestari was out in the back room of the house she shared with Bakewell Tart. Her head over a large pot which contained a thick aromatic liquid that was bubbling away, a self-satisfied smile on her face, when she heard the rapping noise of knocking. Quickly she turned down the heat on the current concoction and paced over to the door.

Opening it, and taking a moment for her eyes to adjust to the outside light, her eyes suddenly went wide. An unfamiliar zebra wearing stable barding looked back at her. Blinking, and with her mouth slightly ajar with surprise, she took the moment to peer over his shoulder where she spied a few other ponies looking expectantly in her direction. Some of the ponies she recognised, others were new. It appeared as though Cross and Lightning were sizing each other up, but she couldn't be sure. Were they all here to help with her task? She smiled.

"Please come in." She pushed the door further open and kicked a rock in front of it to prop it open. "This house is small and we shall be cosy, but if you want to know about the plant that I require then you'll want to come inside." She snatched another glance at the zebra before her before turning and retreating back inside, ushering them to follow her.

The interior was plain, there was a large space in the centre and two beds on opposing sides of the room. A single door was set against the back wall. And the rest of the room was simply furnished.

"I'm Zestari," she began and pointed to herself with a hoof, "And I hope you are all interested in helping me acquire a rare and elusive plant I recently learned the location of." She smiled. "But perhaps tell me who you are, so I know from whom I will receive such assistance."

She stood back and waited for the newcomers to introduce themselves to her and each other, before giving them all the details they'd hopefully need to get the plant she required.
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Fri May 18, 2012 3:09 am

Well that didn't take lo-Why hello Atriark looked at the zebra that opened the door. She had a nice frame and a nice mane. She was an attractive looking zebra mare. But the most amazing feature of this mare, was her eyes. Her The stripes on her face elegantly drew attention to her eyes by pointing directly to her astounding violet eyes. Violet, Atriark's favorite color.

Atriark bowed his head to Zestari before crossing the threshold. "Nice to meet you ma'am." Atriark said as he trotted passed. He turned and faced the zebra and looked at those amazing violet eyes. "Jina langu ni Atriark." He said, hoping to Celestia that the mare knew what he meant.

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 4:32 am

Blazen Shield walked inside, a little more away from the group just in case things got out of hand. One time, it did, involving a lot of gunshots and deaths, he remarked. "Blazen Shield, at your service." He said, smirking. He wasn't going to turn down this job anytime, because it involved adventures, some people (-some odd shady people at that) and he might be able to find a part for his old 44 revolver, Noblesse. Most people dont go around naming guns, which for him made him feel special enough. Unfortunately it still cant be fired, and its custom, so later he might want to turn down the cash for a better reward; a part for his magnificent revolver. "If i may ask; is there any way you can renegotiate whatever payment you have in mind? I'd like to get a part, for my revolver instead." He kindly said.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Fri May 18, 2012 7:16 am

Scrap made it to the location just in time to hear Zestari invite those who had answered the flyer inside. He also noticed Lightning glaring at Cross, but ignored that for now, and stepped inside Zestari's house.

"Hiya again Zestari, nice to see you again." Scrap remarked before turning towards the others, a zebra and a pony he didn't know but had heard introduce themselves, to introduce himself "Hi, I'm Scrap Parts."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 7:50 am

Winter Bell looked to be on time as she entered with some of the other ponies who had turned up for the job. She didn't know any of the other ponies here per say but then again it was hardly relevant. If she chose to go on this adventure she was sure she would get to know each of them just fine. When it was her turn to introduce herself she took a step forward, her hooves clopping against the material on the floor. "My name is Winter Bell" she said politely before continuing, "I can't offer you much in protection, but I am a doctor if that helps" she said with a smile. She felt like she needed to speak her usefulness simply because her actual looks far betrayed her in the fact that she hadn't even killed a pony before, let alone used a gun. So she thought it might be best to say what she could offer straight off. She learnt that the other two that had already introduced themselves were called 'Blazen Shield' and 'Scrap Parts' Two very different names. But she was sure they had reasons to why they has such names.
    Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 am

Her attention snapped to the zebra who'd introduced himself by using, to Zestari's pleasant surprise, the zebra tongue. She took a longer moment to look him over. Lithe of frame, he was a bit shorter than her, though he had a nice stripe pattern to him, perhaps a bit more delicate in arrangement than she liked, but nice enough. Her eyes moved to his face, where she was of course drawn to his eyes, each different, but no less interesting, and she wondered what omen that suggested for the stallion.

Tipping her head forward in greeting, she responded. "Ni vizuri kuona mwingine pundamilia hapa katika Equestria, Atriark."

She nodded at Scrap, familiar with the Unicorn from their previous adventures. She smiled at the Unicorn. "How have you been since we last adventured? I certainly don't expect this task will be quite as crazy as our previous jaunt."

She looked over to Blazen, a brown stallion with brown eyes, an unkempt tussle of a mane and a somewhat concerning lack of tail. He introduced himself a sharp grin on his face. As Blazen asked about rewards she got close, "And how exactly would you like to negotiate payment? We haven’t even discussed what the reward is, yet." She smiled with mirth in her eyes before diverting her attention back towards the group as they made their introductions.

She nodded sagely at the demure ice-blue coloured mare who introduced herself as Winter Bell, "I certainly hope that we don't require too much use of your skill in healing. And if you are a doctor, perhaps the rest should be protecting you. " She allowed herself a small chuckle, before turning to look expectantly at the others to make their introductions, before she explained exactly what it was she wanted them to retrieve for her.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Fri May 18, 2012 9:57 am

Sky was last go make it to the shack, Cross and lightning seemed to be having a stare off outside the shack. She didn't know what they were doing and Sky didn't care, just walked right through them not a fare in the world. maybe they are here for the job also?. She opened the door to the shack to reveal other ponies also came for the job, and she Reconzied three of the ponies while the other two she was clueless about. "Hey Scrap, hey Zestar. And hey...winter, right? And nice to meet you other two." Sky said to the other two ponies.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Fri May 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Cross just stared as Flash as he try to pull his gun on him and take the 'righteous' stance that so many peoples have tried to use on him ever since the Battle of Stableton, Cross let out a soft sigh

*FLASH* Cross was now looking at the back of Flash's head.

"I did no such thing, what I did was necessary, what do you believe would've happened if no one got the bomb away? I did what was best for Stableton every moment I worked for the dreg, either you understand that some things need to be done, or you don't, nonetheless It isn't your forgiveness I'm asking for" With that being said, Cross turned and took his leave into Zestari's shack.

He remembered Bakewell live here as well....he shuddered, he hoped she wasn't here, that mare was mean....and scared him...

As he went inside, he saw Zestari was already instructing others, but apparently the chem addict, Scrap, and Winter were already there.

"Well Hellooo Scrap, its been awhile, and A fine hello to you Winter."

Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Winter Bell smiled sheepishly as the Zebra mentioned that they should maybe be protecting her. She didn't like feeling helpless in a fire fight but there was something about killing that just didn't sit right in her stomach. She turned as the Pegasus walked in and remembered her to be the one she treated at the hospital some time ago. "Hello Sky" she said with a smile, confirming that the Pegasus had got her name right in the process. She wondered how her wings were doing now, and how well she was feeling in general. Her thought's however were interrupted when another familiar pony walked in from outside. She remembered him to the the stallion who stood up for her at the bar. "Hello to you too Mr Cross" she said as she tipped her head curtly and smiled.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Fri May 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Lightning blinked as Cross pulled his usual teleporting away trick. When he heard the stallion's voice behind him, he would turn around quickly, a frown still plastered to his face. He let out a scoff as the pegasus heard the explantion and watched with a little dismay as Cross walked into the zebra's home. 'Great, now I'm going to have to work with him...'

Lightning took a deep breath and tried to calm himself as he walked into Zestari's home, putting on a smile and saying, "Well, hello everypony. Scrap, Sky, Zestari, it's nice to see you." Looking toward the new ponies (and zebra) he didn't recognize, he would say, "Well, looks like we got some new friends here. It's nice to meet you ponies also."

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 2:18 pm

"I know, but still." He replied to the Zebra, sighing. What actually would be the reward if they grab this certain herb? It truly didn't matter to him, all that mattered was getting his one revolver fixed and readied up for battle. After all, it was the only thing left of his father, aside from his home in Stableton. And all the memories with this revolver's frame had all been good; which is why he wanted to fix it up so he can use it in battle. His mind drifted to a design; perhaps he can fit a battle saddle to have two revolvers, including his revolver, Noblesse, once its fixed. Then again, that would probably take a long time of testing. The only words for a name that came up for this design was 'Light Battle Saddle'. He looked at his saddle bags, and checked if his revolver was still there. And it was. There was also an engraving on it, calling it Noblesse, and the rest of it was pitch black. He smiled, and closed the saddle bag.

When a few other familiar ponies came in, including Cross and the Zebra who hit on him (faintly remembering it to be Atriark), and the light blue mare. He figured out that she was a medic(hopefully along this journey he can be cured of this damn addiction) and the 'team' appeared to be set so far. There were a few incompatible colors (no pun intended) and some seemed really combat capable, but he stopped looking around and looked at the female Zebra. She seemed to know most of the people here, aside from the new adventurers (including him unfortunately).
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Fri May 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Atriark was pleasantly surprised, not many zebras in 113 knew their native language. At least, not to the extent that Atriark was taught.

He wondered how many of the ponies here remembered him. He certainly remembered them. He hoped that they excused his actions as that of a drunken zebra who couldn't hold his tongue. Even though he only vaguely remember saying something that insulted the the mare with the baby blue coat and the unshorn fetlocks, he still felt horrible about it.

He could recall saying some complimentary thing to the brown buck that he wasn't sure if he caught the name of. And he was certain that he had hit on the yellow unicorn, Cross was his name. He really should stop drinking.

He allowed the other ponies in the room introduce themselves before he spoke to the zebra mare. Ni pia," Atriark said. "Mimi ni radhi kwa kuwa na uwezo wa kuzungumza lugha yetu kwa moja kama vile wewe mwenyewe."
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Fri May 18, 2012 3:24 pm

"I've been pretty good, things coukd have been better but I'm not dead so thats a good thing in my book."Scrap replied with a small chuckle "I would hope this doesn't turn out to he that crazy, though I highly doubt much could beat time travel for sheer level of crazy."

Several of the other ponies, mainly ones he knew, started to say hello at tbis point so Scrap turned around to say hello. "Hi again Sky and Lightning, nice to meet you Winter. And hi Cross" he said with a small stutter when saying Cross's name, he knew Cross was friendly but the trauma of being launched above the cloud layer was still there.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Fri May 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Lightning would look around at all the ponies, gauging them of their visible equipment and their overall posture and attitude. He recognized the light blue mare from the hospital after the huge battle so he knew obviously that she was going to have to be their medic. Looking at the zebra, he assumed that this zebra was going to be one of their expects on herbs since most zebras seem to trained in that. The last pony, a brown one, carried only a bag. He'll pick up their names later, he decided.

Looking toward Zestari, he would smile and say, "So, I apologize for being a little late. Was caught up with...something. What is the mission at hoof again?"

Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari Fri May 18, 2012 8:59 pm

"Hi Sky." She smiled at her pegasus friend. "Like what we've done with the place? Bakewell is out at the moment but I'll let her know you stopped by."

She nodded at Cross, they'd had a few previous rendezvous before, and she remembered his impressive magical proficiency.

The final guest came inside, the pegasus Lightning. Another pony Zestari knew from around Stableton, and she greeted him as such.

Having greeted all of her guests, and after winking at Atriark after his zebra words. She made a mental note to prepare some tea for when they returned then went back to the front of the room and from the front left corner, behind a couple of stacked crates, pulled over two stands. On one there was a map that on first glance appeared to show a piece of the wasteland near Stableton, and on the other was a large hoof drawn picture of a shrub with distinctive sickle shaped seed pods of an almost purple colour, decorated with golden flecks.

She pointed at the map with her hoof, first.

"This map will guide you to the place I am told the plant is growing.” She grabbed a slightly dented marker from the base of the stand and drew a red circle on a darkened area to the north east of a grey blob that represented Stableton. “You may also mark the coordinates on a pipbuck if you are fortunate enough to have one.”

Putting the marker down she turned back to her audience. “The plant is a fair day's journey from here, so you will probably spend one night in the wasteland. Prepare accordingly.”

“The first part of the journey will take you across this dry and barren plain before you arrive at a swamp.” She moved her hoof across the map, tracing the path she expected them to take. “The plant is apparently found near the centre of this swamp.” And she tapped the map where she'd drawn the red circle. “From what I have been told there are no raiders out this way, but there may be some dangerous creatures who will not take kindly to you trespassing on their territory. So remain vigilant.”

She turned to the drawing of the plant.

"All I require from the Waxing Crescent plant are the seed pods, as many as you can gather. I can use them to make the Breath of Night, a magnificent brew. The plant is not toxic, nor dangerous to you in any way." She paused, considering her next words carefully. "But don't eat the seeds.” She tapped her chin with a hoof. “They actually are harmful."

She paused, remembering another thing she had prepared for the ponies who would retrieve the Waxing Crescent. She walked over to a crate and dug around for a moment before producing two healing potions and three bandages, and pushed them towards Winter.

“For the journey. I hope you won’t require it.” She smiled at the rest. "Any other questions?"

Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Winter listened to the plan carefully and was silently making notes in her mind of locations where she could treat ponies if she had to. Safe locations like clearings and places out of the way were what she was looking for. Hopefully she wouldn't have to heal any pony and she couldn't agree more with the Zebra as she pretty much spoke her thoughts. She took the Medical equipment and put them in her saddlebag, ready in case any pony needed them. She had a few medical supplies of her own too, so she would have enough... unless every pony in the group got hurt badly. She stood silently, looking to the others as she wondered what they thought about the job. It seemed simple enough. Well as simple as retrieving a plant out here in the Equestrian Wasteland can be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 am