Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

'Welcome To Harmony'[FINISHED]

Big Rodeo
    Level 7
    Level 7

Re: 'Welcome To Harmony'[FINISHED]

Post by Big Rodeo on Tue May 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Rodeo couldn't help but look up as the mares entered. They were dressed beautifully, and Rodeo could feel his heart begin to sink. His empty tea cup sitting in front of him, and the alcohol in his system pushing him into an ever-so-slight buzz. It was begging him to move on from what he couldn't. But he couldn't. He leaned back against his chair, and refilled his cup with tea.

There would be no mares taking his heart out for a spin today.
    Mona Tones
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mona Tones on Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Mona leaned on the railings of the upper deck, just staring at the water for a few seconds, as she pieced her thoughts together.
    A job as one of many guards on board the ship, defending it from the occasional pirate...she had to admit, out of the few places she expected to be after the...the 'incident' with her caravan, she did not expect to find a job on water, especially considering how rare a floating ship was...
    it was actually a pretty decent job too, it promised some okay pay, and she quite liked the view...the ocean waters were just so unique...they really did look like they went on forever...

Quickly, she shook her head, trying to refocus her attention as she realized what she was doing...she had spent about ten seconds just staring at the water, which was ten seconds too long in her book. She was a professional, and while it was her job, she would do her best to keep this boat safe and secure.

She resumed her patrol across the upper decks, her 9mm safe in it's holster.
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Tue May 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Kes flicked his gaze upwards towards the door when it opened his cold eyes flicking over each of the mares walking in. The gryphon was a self-proclaimed master of self control. But even he had to admit, the mares were looking beautiful. The looks and behavior of the others faces showed that he was not alone in his opinion.

He was just far better at keeping it hidden, effortlessly tucking the thoughts and feelings behind his usual mask of cold stoicism.

"Evening Ladies" Kes rumbled out, his low gravely voice reverberating eaisly off of the walls of the dining room. It might have seemed out of character for the big gryphon, but it wasn't in truth. Kes was only gruff and curt when the situation called for it, which in his eyes was often, at a party like this though he had to keep up an air of mannerism.

Lest he be thrown overboard or something.
    Twisted Vision
    Deceased
    Deceased

Post by Twisted Vision on Tue May 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Twisted continued to sit on the deck until she saw all the other mares coming up the steps. Confused she trotted over to them and gave them all her classic smile with her distant stare "Hi! Was I supposed to be with you guys when you walked up the stairs" She asked. Of course you were idiot! The voice in her head said. "Friend! It's not nice to call me an idiot!" She snapped.
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Tue May 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Winter smiled as she trotted further forward to mix with the other guests in the party. As she trotted she gave a curt nod to Kestrel as he bid them good evening, "Good evening Kestrel" she replied softly before she came to a stop in her tracks as a unicorn mare came seemingly out of nowhere. "Umm.. well yes but It's ok. You're here and that's what matters" she said softly. She did want all the mares to walk out together but there was no use complaining or worrying about it now. She then noticed the mare was talking to some pony else... except no other pony was actually beside them. "Are.. you ok ?" she asked.
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Tue May 29, 2012 11:16 pm

"Evening, would anyone like some tea? Though I might recommend brewing some more, the stuff that's here is...off." Trails' voice was suave and silky, with a laugh in it.

He broke off from the main group and went back to the tea pots. Steam was rising from their spouts, shame somepony put the effort into brewing this tripe. Trails turned and nodded to Kes. They poured the pots into the plants and returned them to their place on the tray. Thanks to Kes' expert slight of hand nopony noticed.

"We've got some empty pots to pour em in here."
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 pm

“Never again.” Bakewell muttered to herself as she stared into her reflection. She nervously tapped her fore hooves against each other as she studied her appearance and amended her statement. “Never ever again.”

The mare sighed at the sight of her dress. It wasn’t an overly colorful dress, composed mostly of smooth white fabric layered over itself with a slightly lacy pattern to it. Equally white bands of silk ran up the pony’s tan forelegs. The only sign of color on the dress was the fake red flower that she had stuck into her mane, which was tied up in some sort of stupid fancy bun. It could probably have passed for a poor-mare’s wedding dress back in the day. Bakewell hated it. It wasn’t a bad dress, at least it didn’t seem like a bad dress, but it just felt so… wrong. Dressing up like this was dumb! She couldn’t move properly and everything felt so constricting she had no idea how to walk with these shoes on and she kept tripping and she was going to make a total fool of herself and Celestia help her when somepony expected her to try drinking tea politely and her pastries probably weren’t fancy enough and she looked terrible in this dress anyway and and and hrmph.

-----

When the nervous mare finally made it to the deck, she was undoubtedly late. But it wasn’t her fault! It was this dress! And these shoe things! How was she supposed to move in them?

She slunk quietly through the door, ears splayed back and face blushing through her coat so hard that she felt as though she would out-red her flower. It was okay, she could do this. All she had to do was drop off her little box of baked goods and then quietly slip into a corner and hope nopony saw her ever ever ever and then maybe throw the dress overboard after for good measure.
    Twisted Vision
    Deceased
    Deceased

Post by Twisted Vision on Tue May 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Twisted Vision looked at Winter with an odd look "Ok? Of course I'm ok! Discords been bugging me a little but that's ok" She said jumping around excitedly "Thank you SO much for inviting me by the way! I just wish other people would talk to me..." She trailed off before noticing the worker slumped on the ground giggling "Oh my... I must have forgot about him" She said as a small pop sounded from her horn and the worker seemed to come back to reality and look around confused, before walking around looking a little disappointed.

"I tend to forget I'm doing that sometimes" She said laughing "But to be honest, I don't think he had a problem with it though" She said smiling back at winter.

Last edited by Twisted Vision on Wed May 30, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Starry smiled at Twisted's remark, and offered her a hoof. "Pleasure to meet you, miss, my name is Starry Night," she told her, in a tone that was straight out of her mother's textbook, or at least would have been, had she had the good sense to write these things down. "While I am certain that nopony in this room intends to question your questionable intelligence or presence of mind, I would like to bring light to the peculiar train of thought you seem to display. It is most fascinating."

Starry seemed completely out of character speaking and acting so formal and reserved, but in her mind, Starry was squealing with delight. 'This is so fun! Why dd I never try this earlier?! It's just like all those fantasy stories with the royals! Ooh! Can I be the countess? No, countesses are evil, I'll be a duchess! Or maybe just a noble? I wouldn't want to elevate myself to a higher station than I deserve.'
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Dash watched as all the other males started crowding over as the females arrived on deck. He sighed heavily hooved at his tea cup a little. He wished he could have enjoyed this with Meadowsong, but he knew how she was awfully afraid of the Wasteland. He knew that would probably get in the way of their relationship at some point, because Dash had things he wanted to do with his life, perhaps very well beyond the walls of Friendship City. However, he didn't really feel right enamoring himself with another mare quite yet, so he just sat by on one of the outermost tables, looking at his tea...

Post by Guest on Tue May 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Blazen seen the illusionist-mare going crazy again, at least to him. She was talking to herself, and she said she would always have one friend. He sighed, and opened up his pot. The smell of candy filled the air around him. He tried not to interfere with the crazy mare, as he really wanted to hurt her. It would ruin the party.
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts on Tue May 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Scrap was at the back of the room when the mares entered so he didn't immediately see them, however when he did he noted two things. First, they all looked absolutely stunning and second, the mare he was hoping was with them wasn't.

Dismayed he stayed for the most part where he was. He was about to go get some tea when he noticed Bakewell slip through the door.

Scrap may have been pre-biased towards Bakewell, but seeing the tan mare in her dress made his jaw drop. Momentary stunned by her beauty he stood there for a minute before working up the courage to go talk to her, and possibly tell her how he felt.

"Hi Bakewell, that's a very nice dress, makes you look absolutely stunning"
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Tue May 29, 2012 11:38 pm

As the three approached the top of the stairs, Zestari held her breath, she wasn't sure why she was nervous. They were all friends right? Did she actually care what the others thought of how she looked all dressed up? It must have been some sort of accursed magic in the clothes, she thought, slightly alarmed.

Her eyes grew wider as the top of the stairs came into view. Would they stare? Would they laugh? Did the stallions have to dress up all frou frou as well?

All her questions were answered as they reached the top. The stallions all looked rather... surprised and, well, respectable, they all seemed to wear a similar theme of clothing, shirt, jacket and neck ornament; muted, but nice. She wasn't sure if it was appropriate the way they ogled, though. Perhaps that was just expected of them.

She nodded curtly to Kestrel when he greeted the mares, and after Winter took the initiative to mingle, slowly walked over towards the awaiting stallions, not sure what to say. She was saved from social awkwardness when Trails mentioned something about tea.

Tea! She was carrying the wooden box containing her prepared mixes. Chasing after Trails and Kestrel, She cleared a space and opened the box. Three clean linen bags sat proudly, a label written in zebra on each.

"Would one of you be able to assist me? She asked, selecting one of the bags and opening it to reveal the delightful mixture of tea leaves within.
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Tue May 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Kestrels assistance with Trails'...disposal of the previous samples of tea had one negative side effect. The plant that was receiving all of the fluid was...wilting at an alarming rate. Well good thing Kestrel had moved away from the plant in time to avert any suspicion to his person.

The gryphon left his friend in the company of Zestari. Trails seemed to fancy the zebra mare, and Kes was not one for standing around when he was not needed.

He found himself a nice seat at a nearby table, and patiently waited on the tea to be finished or for somepony else to call upon him.
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sawdust on Tue May 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Sawdust was already midswing of her own party and she was not dressed for the fansy do going on mere meters from her. She was focused instead on serving 'tea' to her doll and pouring warm cola into her own cup. The 'tea' was more just some water from on deck she'd collected at some point and the floppy doll made no visible effort to try and drink from the cup.

She intentionally avoided eye contact with everypony. Many of them seemed to know ever other and while the yellow mare hard a good idea who was who, she couldn't trust her memory to sort out how much of them she'd seen was real or fake. Honestly she still felt at times lost in a dream world.

As she surveyed the group for the dozenth time, she felt a niggling itch in her head. She should go say hi, maybe try and crash their fancy soiree in her dirty old duster, but as she noticed the heavy guard, yet again, she decided against. Perhaps they'd decide to try and include her, honestly she hoped they didn't, after the last party she was involved in that involved most of these ponies, no. Nonono. Not again.

... "Oh, more tea Mrs. Sparkle? Sure thing!" The cup of seawater ran over a little bit, though the mare pouring didn't notice. She smiled at her 'guest' briefly then went back to watching the other party from a safe distance.
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 pm

"I'll help you, it'll be just like old time eh?" Trails said to Zestari. He loosened his tie a little and rolled up his sleeves. The suit was nice and all, but he didn't want to mess it up with brewing. "Reminds me of that time we were up on Coyote Tail ridge getting that mesquite. You bet me agave couldn't make as good a tea as your special blend. You won by a mile." Trails laughed. "Wasn't even close was it?"
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Tue May 29, 2012 11:52 pm

So far, so good… now all she had to do was drop off the various foods… There! Okay, now to go hide under a rock and-

“Hi Bakewell,”

Eep, Disaster! Not only was she spotted, but by somepony she knew. She would never live this down.

“O-Oh, um. Thanks. Er. I-it’s not that. Um. G-good. That is. Um. You don’t. I mean. Um. You won’t hurt my feelings or anything…” Despite being splayed back as far as possible, Bakewell’s ears still tried to pull themselves farther back as the mare nervously readjusted her gaze towards the floor, allowing an awkward silence to creep onto the deck between her and Scrap before daring to look back up. She had just gotten to the party and already it was by far the most embarrassing thing that had ever happened in her life.

“Y-you. Uh. Look really nice to. With the. You know. Shirt… Suit! It-it’s a suit. And the. Uh. Uhm.” Bakewell pushed a hoof up to her neck in a similar position to Scrap’s tie. “Thing! Y-you look. Um. Great, Real. Uh. Handsome?
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Tue May 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Shutter was currently in his room on the ship, taking a few deep breaths on front of a cracked mirror, as he tried for the ninth time to get the tie on his grimy businesswear on right. These clothes had cost a decent amount of caps, despite their condition, and they didn't even seem to fit right...he doubted he'd ever be wearing them again after this party...

A tea party...wow, did he get dragged to some weird places with Starry...and he was probably slightly late now too, which probably wouldn't have happened if he could just. get. this ACCURSED. TIE. RI-oh, there we go.
    Giving the tie a few tugs to make sure it was on straight, Shutter finally stepped out of his room into the corridor, as he rushed to the event. Hopefully he wasn't TOO late...
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Wed May 30, 2012 12:04 am

Zestari laughed, and thanked Happy for assisting her, "Those were fun times." She smiled, "What made you think agave could compete with what I had, anyway? Besides," she winked, "You think that tea was good? You should wait until you try this one!"

Despite the awkwardness of her shoes, she began pouring out a measured qauntity. "Can you heat the water again?" She asked, placing the measured quantity into one of the pots and then returning to the bag to pour out another batch.
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Wed May 30, 2012 12:04 am

Out of the corner of his eye Kes could see some mare apparently having a little party all to herself...and there was a doll involved. The big gryphon passed it off as a child at play, not judging or condemning the action in the slightest.

Why would he? Kes had his own strange if not outright disturbing hobbies.

Looking at the mare a bit closer Kes saw that he recognized the mare...what was her name? Sawmill...no...Sawdust. Yes Sawdust, that was it. Paranoid little thing, met her during that weird simulation.

"Funny how the wind blows..."
    Kes thougt to himself, turning his attentions back towards Zestari and Trails; who seemed to be conversing about something.
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts on Wed May 30, 2012 12:09 am

Scrap noticed that Bakewell seemed rather embarrassed, he couldn't imagine why-she looked fantastic.

"I really mean it about the dress, you look fantastic. Thanks for the complement, the suit was actually pretty easy to come by but this tie was a absolute evil to find, I kept getting ones with ducks or pre-war cartoon characters on them." Scrap said gesturing to his tie with a small chuckle.

Ok Scrap, you can do this...just dont freeze up or mumble...you can do it

Scrap steeled himself before continuing on, he had to take the chance while he still had the courage. "Umm...Bakewell, Ive got something I've been meaning to tell you..."
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Wed May 30, 2012 12:12 am

'Why did I com here again? Oh, it was because you could meet more ponies, hopefully make more of a name for yourself. Yeah, look how well its working!' Dash placed his chin on the table and looked out at all the other ponies and other creatures, zebras and griffons, all the like. Half of them seemed to know each other already which left Dash little room to even attempt to mingle. He sighed heavily and once again found himself dreaming about somepony that he knew from Friendship City could be here... Somepony who would know who he was and possibly cheer him up and help him introduce himself to other ponies. Dash knew no pony was here, though, who would suit that purpose. He would just have to sit here, sipping his tea until somepony else noticed. What a waste of time... Hopefully something good would become of it...
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Wed May 30, 2012 12:13 am

Lightning stood quietly on the deck as he watched, just like the rest of the stallions, the mares come out on the deck. Wow. He had to admit, they did look rather stunning in their dresses. He could spot Winter and Zestari and a few other mares that he recognized. 'This was going to be one interesting party,' he thought to himself. The pegasus smiled a little seeing the looks of some of the stallions around when the mares came out. It was a little amusing. He would stand by, watching some of the mares go converse with some of the stallions. He'll just wait for the tea and maybe go talk to some of the others in just a little bit.
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Wed May 30, 2012 12:19 am

"I thought agave was the best thing I ever tasted, I was so wrong." Trails replied walking towards the kitchen. "I've got you covered."

He walked through the double doors and nodded at the staff that yelled at him to leave. They seemed a bit annoyed that somepony was waltzing in to use their stuff. He seemed not to give a fuck. Trails started one of the burners and poured some water into a pot before setting it to boil. Just like always he let it purify before pouring it back into a kettle to boil again.

As a chef walked up at him, cleaver raised, Trails grabbed the kettle and walked out. He trotted next to Zestari and poured the water into the pots, being careful not to make it splash up over the tops. He took the now empty kettle back and set it back into its place. The chef took his cleaver up again and started after Trails again.

"Thank you kindly." was his only response as he walked out and joined Zestari. "Let's see just how good this stuff is."
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Wed May 30, 2012 12:22 am

Winter was about to respond when Starry jumped in seeming interested about the strange mares behavior. She smiled and lingered for a few moments longer before silently excusing herself from the conversation. She didn't yet know where Cross was but she knew he would turn up. Right now she had guests to talk with. She saw Flash was here which made her smile as she remembered their time searching for a flower for Zestari. She trotted over to him, hoping to have a nice conversation about well.. anything. "Hey Flash I'm so happy you came" she said with a soft smiled as she approached him, "I hope everything is ok ?" she asked noticing that he had been sitting by himself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:21 am