Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

Ponyshock: "Knight" Squad

World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Ponyshock: "Knight" Squad

Post by World Warden on Wed May 30, 2012 5:32 pm

---Pipbuck Call: Filthy Rich---

"....*static*....Ugh..are you ponies there?!? ...hello?...can you hear me?!? Ah blasted! you don't work for Dr. Roseheart or Stock I bet.....now just you listen, my name....is Filthy Rich and Harmony is my city...I need to rebuild her but for that I need help...help me and I'll get you whatever you want, ....I'll give you a moment to consider my offer and answer any questions."

Stepping outside the pod, the team could see Trash and miscellaneous items strewn about the floor. up to the left and right appeared to be two generic shops that were trashed and appeared to have been looted sometime in the past.

Forward ahead the hallway split into a 'Y' with a single art supply store separating the two hallways.

The left was covered in dried blood with a single flickering light shutting on and off. The right appeared to lead into some type of cafeteria, but the light was non-existent with the only light emitting was the ocean's glow from the far side of the room which had a long window. Overturned chairs and tables didn't seem too inviting...
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Re: Ponyshock: "Knight" Squad

Post by Happy Trails on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 am

Trails wrinkled his nose at the stench of the stale air. He didn't like drowning, but he didn't like this place either. He unholstered his repeater and walked slowly out into the strange city. He went back into his old combat training and started assessing the situation. The area was clear, or at least looked it, he had a few 'experience' ponies with him, but a couple greenhorns too. By some luck he'd managed a medic too in Bell. Not the first squad he'd pick but it'd do.

He thought for a moment on the offer, and decided quickly to reject it. He didn't know what was going on, and offers were done face to face in his books. They'd go to a good observation point first, somewhere high, get their bearings, and get out. He didn't have time to worry about the rewards offered by a voice, he needed to get moving.

"Flash, Ashen, on me." He barked, failing to shake off his feeling of unease. "Ale and Sketch in the back, everyone else fall into line. Sooner we get moving the sooner we can get out of here."

Trails shouldered his repeater and moved out slowly. At first his only thought had been Zestari, finding her, saving her. Now, though, he saw that while protecting her was his duty, he couldn't. His more immediate duty was to get these ponies back to their lives. He chuckled darkly at himself realizing that the old Sarge had come back without the slightest struggle. Somethings you never get rid of.

Last edited by Happy Trails on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 am

Lightning never got the chance to tell Winter what was going on exactly when they were floating on the surface. He must have lost consciousness because when he woke up, he saw that he was with the others, his gear scattered around. The pegasus didn't waste any time in gathering it up. His SMG, hunting rifle, his bag full of ammo and other things he generally carried around.

Looking around this new...land, if one can even call it that, Lightning had his SMG drawn and ready for action in case of anything. He had worked with these ponies before. Well, most of them. Trails, he traveled with back in the desert. Winter, he went and got that herb for Zestari. Ashen, he only worked with briefly during the battle of Stableton. The rest, he didn't know as well.

The pegasus trusted Trails and his ability to lead so when the stallion gave him orders, he followed them quickly, coming up behind Trails to cover him. He had a brief worry for the others in the boat but for now, they had to worry about this first.
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:32 am

Shutter shook his head as he looked around...he couldn't see Starry with the group anywhere, and that made him worry...but he needed to get prepared also, and he could see his suitcase over with the mysteriously scavenged items.

As he moved over to open it up, he spoke into his Pipbuck...maybe this 'Filthy Rich' guy could tell him if there were more survivors then just them...if there were, then maybe Starry would be okay!

"So, er...Mr. Filthy? I have two questions...Are we the only survivors? If you know we're here, then do you know if any other survivors around about? Also...How are we supposed to help you? We ended up here from a cruise, how do you know if we even can?"

He spoke into his Pipbuck, as he undid the clasp on his suitcase, and pulled out his Police Barding and Saddlebags, as he began to change out of the Grimy Businesswear and into the more suitable armour.

"Come to think of it...how did we even end up in that sphere thing? Last thing I remember was jumping out of that hole in the ship with Starry, and getting pulled under by the currents..."

He mumbled, before turning over to Trails, who seemed to be getting ready to move on already.

"Hey! Trails! We shouldn't rush! Let's take some time to get prepared first and ask questions...I don't really want to charge into the unknown without getting ready first..."
    Petal Shard
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Petal Shard on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:46 am

Petal Shard glanced around the area and scowled. Situation: trapped underwater with clear signs of violence in the immediate area. No means of escape evident. Assessment of subject Filthy Rich’s offer: dubious at best. Current status: under armed, zero amour, skill-to-available-weapon-ratio poor. Assessment of current group: insufficient information. Conclusion: insufficient information. Petal Shard sighed as she processed everything she knew about what was happening and concluded that her best option, her only option, was to remain with the group of ponies she was with and see how this situation unfolded.

She turned her attention to the offer made by the pony calling himself Filthy Rich. He had promised essentially any reward desired for an unspecified action with no real details or elaboration as to why he required assistance. Nothing had overtly seemed disingenuous about the offer but it was still overly vague for Petal Shard’s liking, best just to focus on survival until more information is forth coming.

Petal Shard hadn’t been giving a specific instruction as to where in the group she was to be so she positioned herself closer to the back of the group, reasoning that it was the relatively safest place in the group to be.
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:23 am

Winter woke up as the sphere made it's way into the city. She got to her hooves a little shakily as she instantly recalled what had happened. She recalled Cross's face.. those eyes. She shivered and closed her eyes as tears began to collect again. It had been her fault. If she hadn't tried to help him maybe he wouldn't have fallen in... maybe he would have been ok. She cursed herself before opening her eyes, staring out into the blue of the ocean. She didn't know what to make of it as they were taken further in. She was confused, upset and exhausted, so much so that whatever was happening wasn't enough to make her panic anymore. It seemed she was in a sphere with a few other ponies from the boat, some she recognized and some she didn't. When they stepped out a voice began to speak to them, although she was too grief stricken to hear it. When Trails made orders she silently and obediently fell into position as she followed his lead. The occasional sniff, leaving her muzzle. She wanted to cry, to let it all out... but she knew this wasn't the time.
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Ginger ale awoke with a pounding headach. Taking in his surroundings he noticed he was no longer at the ships bar and this metal pod was far too nice to have been his cabin.

Gathering his possations(as few of them as there were) ale walked out of the pod he was greeted by several other ponies being lead by the old merchant pony he met on the road once. He approched the group and simply asked "were the buck am I and does anypony have any asprine?"
    Sketch
    Level 4
    Level 4

Location : Behind you, dangerously close to your face, and a little to the left.

Post by Sketch on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:48 pm

...it's dark.

It is.

...are you sleeping?

Maybe.

...why are you sleeping?

I have no idea.

...are you going to wake up?

I don't know.

...are you alive?

Maybe. I don't know. I may be sleeping, like you said...

...what do you know?

I don't.

...well can you remember?

No.

You should wake up.

I don't want to. It's quiet here.

...but you're alone.

I am.

...wake up.

Who are you again?

-----

Rough Sketch gasped out loud, his chest heaving, frantically sucking in air as he clamped one hoof to his chest. His eyes shot wide open, glancing around and adjusting in the dim light. Even that hurt his eyes, for he could not remember how long he had been stuck in that inky blackness. He winced as he started to raise his head...it hurt. Badly. And he could still hardly breathe. Everything. Everything hurt.

He remembered that his first thought was;

I was sleeping?

Of course then he coughed and felt as if his ribs were cracking. He must have lain there for some time before he could move without wincing. By the Sisters...it had hurt so much...

All the while he could hear things moving about him. He wasn't afraid, of course. Disturbed, yes. But not afraid. He wasn't scared...no, that was a lie. He was.

He had no idea.

No. Idea. Where he was, where he had been, how he had gotten from wherever he had been to where he was now, who he was...

No. That he remembered. he was Rough Sketch. It all rushed back into his head after a moment, all the bits and details of his life.

He managed to roll onto my side after a moment, and the pain he had felt died away. He reconsidered how much my eyes had adjusted; He couldn't make out what was ahead of him. Not completely.

Though it was a pony, he was sure of that. He groaned incomprehensivly at it, hoping it would notice, and managed to moan something after a moment;

"H-hey you..."

Last edited by Rough Sketch on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Ashen got off the cold ground with a groan, memories of the last few hours flashing back into his mind.

This was supposed to be a simple job, work security on a ship so he could get enough caps to start replenishing his stock of spare parts after depleting his supply during the Battle of Stableton. It was supposed to be something he could get finished in a few days, and go home without any complications. Of course, it’s never that simple, is it? The ship crashed, his last thoughts floating under the surface despite his best efforts. And now he was in a strange room, with ponies he only knew in passing, while a pony going by the name of ‘Filthy Rich’ asked for their help before some of them had even gotten off the floor.

As Ashen regained his senses, he noticed that the familiar and comforting presence of his goggles covering his eyes was gone. His now exposed green eyes widened as the first emotion he felt in a year crossed his face: panic. He it was only there for a split second though, barely enough time for anyone to notice in their states as he quickly spotted his black goggles and lifted them off the ground with his magic. His face went back to its usual blank expression as he slid his signature black spectacles back over his eyes.

His most important item secured, he looked around and found his prism rifle and his saddle bag of spare spark batteries and prism rifle parts. He slid the rifle into its holster and secured the bags onto his flank, before checking his pockets and confirming that the spark batteries and the couple health potions he brought were still there. And of course, his pipbuck was still clamped on his left foreleg.

With all his gear in order, Ashen turned towards the other ponies. A pony he recognized, Trails, was taking charge, ordering everpony and preparing to move out. However, not everypony was eager to dismiss Filthy’s offer out of hand and were questioning the decision to just move out and ignore the stallion. Ashen too was curious as to what the stallion wanted and what he was offering, and offered only this to the buck as the others considered what to do.

“If you wish to receive our help, I suggest explain exactly what we’d be helping you with and the current situation in this...city.” he stated bluntly.
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 pm

"Quit talking to the voice in the shiny box," Trails barked, he had little patience at the moment for questions let alone fool's errands. "We're moving out. If you don't keep up you'll be left behind, no second thoughts. If i were you I'd come and start listening. I don't know if you ponies spent five years leading men into battle, but I did. And I can tell you that sitting around listening to an unverified source for every single bit of intel, is a dumbass idea. I'm gonna go get the lay of the land and let the two most reliable sources I know tell me what's going on: my eyes. Now like I said Flash and Ashen on me, Ale you take Sketch and cover the back, anypony else fall into line. We're gonna get our bearings and get out of dodge, moving fast and keeping our head on a swivel." Trails started walking, going with an old habit and keeping right, determined not to stop again until they were at a vantage point.
    Sketch
    Level 4
    Level 4

Location : Behind you, dangerously close to your face, and a little to the left.

Post by Sketch on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Rough Sketch grunted, then followed with a muffled cough. He remained on the ground for a few moments, allowing his senses to come back to him. They did, and his vision swam into view, a group of ponies ahead of him. They were armed...unlike him. One of them called his name.

He had no idea who that pony was. Best to follow them. There wasn't, in his mind, much of a choice at this point.

"I'm up, I'm up." he said, pushing himself up from the ground, feeling his strength come back to him quickly. He shook his head a bit. The pain that flared up in his eyes and chest and...most places, earlier when he awoke had dulled now. He didn't know why, nor did he question it.

What he did question was...where was he? He...he stopped, looking up.

There was water dripping from the a ceiling hatch. They were underwater.

"...hey...hey. Where are we...and more importatnly, who are you?" he asked, confused. As he took a step, his hoof stepped on something.

The flat of a knife blade.

So, he was armed. Interesting. And the ponies were gone. He ran to catch up to them.
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:04 am

"So I guess thats a no on the asprine then" ale sighed and fell into line behind trails, he remebered the last time he got on that pony's bad side and diden't want to repeat that event if he could avoid it. As he walked with the group ale kept a grip on kis knife ready to draw it at a moments notice. Taking in the sights as they walked along the path ale came to two conclusions, one he was in some sort of underwater art gallery and two he was way too hungover for this shit.

Looking to the other pony that took up the rear guard he was slightly releaved to see he wasen't the only pony laking a firearm but he was more troubled because that ment the group had less potitial firepower. In an effort to shake away these doubts he chose to strike up a conversation with the pony. "so i've never seen you around the waste before, names Ginger Ale. And your name is Sketch if i heard correctly?
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:20 am

---Radio Call: Filthy Rich---

"....*static*....ignore him...here just pick up the radio and take it with you...alright....as for your questionsss..." he hung a the last syllable...

"I don't fully understand why you're here...only that you are....as for any others ...yes I did pick up some activity from other areas but my signal is strongest in this part of Harmony....Harmony....." He sounded a bit sad repeating the city...

"Weak-willed trash, coakroaches, dregs, and refuse managed to get into my precious city...it was suppose to be a Utopia but as you see it didn't turn out that way, but I still have a plan to purge all the 'splicers' this Arcana crap have been putting out, such a highly addictive mutagen, ...potent...yes... but it can be very bad news indeed. Now near you, there is a footlocker with some supplies, I don't suggest touching the plasmid in there though... its not worth it...Now there is an old friend of mine who controls the area you are in...I don't suggest going through the cafeteria as his ponies tend to be highly aggressive with those who they aren't familiar with...my map tells me you should be safer left, althought anything could have moved there I suppose...point is, go find .....'The Agent' and explain Filthy Rich is still alive and wants to know if....'the caged bird still sings'......do this for me, I'll tell you where to find a whole untouched armory and even how to escape, so I leave you to it, so please would you kindly consider my offer? .....*static*....just tell him if you get the chance....*static*...."

Footlocker:
    -2x . 357 pistols
    -1x single shotgun
    -4x Health Potions
    -1x Doctor's Kit
    -1x Plasmid "Electroshock"
    -12x bottles of whiskey (a whole case)

Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:34 am

Trails kept right to verify the first bit of intel he got. Sure enough there was a cafeteria. "Alright, so far this pony's been honest. I'll listen to his intel for now. I'll admit when I'm wrong." Trails turned, if Rich's intel held up from there he'd go left. He knew a fight was right and he didn't trust most of these ponies in one.

"Stick in formation, we'll go left. Hopefully it'll stay smooth sailing. Help yourselves to those baubles, I don't want any. We move out in 3." Trails went ahead and peaked down the left hallway, he didn't like the look of that hall, nor did he like going in blind. Blindness was as good as dead.
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 am

Lightning took the chance to listen to the voice coming from his Pipbuck before holstering his SMG. It would be a bit better talking without the weapon sitting in his mouth. An armory, huh? Let's see what's inside. Opening the locker, he saw there was a fair assortment of medical supplies and some weapons. Nothing that he needed but hey, they could be useful to the other ponies. The pegasus would walk away, letting the others get the stuff they wanted. Lightning could see Trails scouting out ahead but the only thing in his mind was if this Filthy Rich pony could truly be trusted. He was right about one thing but he was still feeling uncertain about the whole situation. Oh well. They'll find out soon enough.
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 am

Winter Bell listened quietly and intently as the stallion spoke to them from the Pipbucks. She then looked over as the other ponies made their way towards the footlocker that the stallion had mentioned. She decided she should at least have a look for herself. As she peered inside with the others she would of course instinctively take the Doctors Kit and the left over potions. Winter knew she could make the most of them with her medical knowledge so it only seemed right and she was sure no pony would hold it against her. She then glanced at the shotgun and wondered for a moment. She had never been much of a fighter or one to go shooting at anything... but she had been caught for to many times with little ways to defend herself when she needed to. With a sigh she levitated the long barreled weapon from the locker and sat it in her saddlebag. She hoped she would not need to use it but something in the back of her mind told her she may need it sometime soon. When she was ready she moved over towards Trails, standing behind him a little to show she was ready to follow his lead. She said nothing as she still didn't feel like talking.
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:40 am

Ashen glanced over at the indicated footlocker, walking over with Lucky and looking inside at the contents as the pegasus opened it. “There’s medical supplies and weapons in here. If anypony here has medical training, I suggest they take the former. Anypony else under-equipped should grab the guns if they can use them.” he suggested to the others, in his usual flat manner.

Nothing else in the locker caught Ashen’s eye...except for the large syringe of fluid, most likely the ‘plasmid’ Filthy referred to. He said not to bother with it, but the electric blue fluid inside sparked Ashen’s curiosity. So he took the vial out of the locker and slipped it into his saddlebags, he should have a chance to examine the contents in more detail later, perhaps when they were out of here.

Leaving the others to take what they wanted from the locker, he walked up to Trails and the door to the hallway, unholstering his prism rifle and checking the sights as he waited.
    Sketch
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Sketch on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 am

Weapons. Medicine. Whisky (he hated whisky)...and this strange-looking syringe, filled with a substance he had never seen before. It glowed with a muted blue light and pulsated. He didn't touch it, and gladly let Ashen get his hooves on it.

He did, however, touch one of the .357 pistols in the case, as well as one of the small medicinal potions. Nothing more. He was no doctor, and as for whisky, he didn't like the taste. Or what it did to you.

He also clipped the radio onto his leather armor, looping one of the spare straps through the handle and tightening it so that it rested against his side as he moved around.

Hooves-free radio.
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:45 am

Ale did not hesitate to begin looting the footlocker his hoarder instincts almost got the better of him but upon realizing that he wasent the only pony who could use this gear he settled on a .357. He was temptied to take the whiskey but his current hangover was really puting a damper on his disire to drink again...ever. With the reasuring weight of a gun at his hip ale walked over to were trails was to wait for the others.
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:23 am

As the group moved down the hall it was mysterious how the blood stains smeared themselves across the walls.... still a bit more surprising was how bright it was...it appeared that the Art District had full power, it was surprisngly and spookningly empty, even some of the plants that surrounded the vast and tall hallway were still alive...

The music began playing out of speakers...the group made it out the bright hallway into what seemed to be a dark pavilon filled with workshops leading up to a giant glass window that seemed to stretch 8 stories high....a statue of a an two earth ponies holding up the sun and the moon. A large etching on the base.

"NO PRINCESSES NOR GODDESSES, ONLY PONIES!"

the majority of the workshops were destroyed and looted while some were boarded up, however one shop appeared to have a flickering candle deep inside it....As the group gets closer...they hear a small gasp and a quick rumble of random objects being moved about.

The name of the shop was "THE METALS"
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:23 am

Shutter would have been completely dressed in his Police Barding, with his .45 strapped to his side, as the group approached the pavilon. He had been dissapointed that the Locker hadn't contained a Prism Blaster or anything like it...Ever sinc he had used one during his first adventure into the wastes with Starry and their group, he had quickly developed a liking for those sorts of energy weapons...most guns you needed to adjust for recoil when you fired, but not that prism blaster...all he had to do was point and pull the trigger, and it fired straight, with no recoil that he could feel. It was just like taking a picture...only the target of said picture tended to be reduced to a pile of ashes afterwards.

As they approached the statue, Shutter gave a light gasp at the size of the thing, and the etching underneath. While Shutter wasn't the most religious pony, such a thing was still somewhat awkward for him to see...

As the group neared the shop with the candle in it, Shutter quickly stuck his hoof out in a gesture to keep quiet, as the sounds rang out.

"Stop...let me go ahead...if it's something dangerous, better I go ahead and scout it out...they're less likely to see me after all, right?"

He said, turning towards Trails. He wanted his permission first, mostly just to avoid any possible hard feelings if Shutter went ahead with his plan without waiting, when Trails seemed to be trying to act as team leader.
    Petal Shard
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Petal Shard on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:14 am

Petal Shard ignored the locker, a cursory glance indicating it was nothing but crude projectile weapons she had no skill with and medical implements she had only slightly better skill with, ultimately it was dead wait. She trotted alone with the group out of the simple expedient of safety in numbers though she questioned the tactical acumen me the lead pony’s plan to move into unfamiliar territory without exploiting the read source of information, however dubious the veracity of that information may be. Regardless, she had no interest in speaking out as she was reasonably assured that should hostilities occur there were sufficient resources to expend enemy attacks and create avenues of escape.

Petal Shard was shook from her analysis by one of the ponies volunteering to scout the area ahead. Assessment of new situation: potential early warning of hostile populace and increased survival rate. Conclusion: miner sacrifice of potential hostile deterrent for greater chance of strategic survival acceptable.
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 am

As the group looked at the statue Ashen paid it no mind, while many would call such a thing blasphemous things like that have never concerned him. He simply didn’t care either way about the long-dead princesses.

What did draw his attention was the one lit workshop and the movement inside. Wordlessly he flipped a switch on his pipbuck and brought up his EFS to scan for targets in the room. If the magical display showed any hostiles inside, he’d instantly snap up his rifle aim in the hostile’s direction, prepared to blast it as soon as it showed itself. If whatever was in there was ‘friendly’ or of the EFS showed nothing for some reason, he’d keep the rifle hovering at ready but not actually aiming.
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 pm

As the group passed the statue ale wondered to himself "did these ponies really live without the aid of the goddesses, if thats true, they were far more prepared for the end of the world than anypony else"

Turning away from the sculpture ale could hear a rustleing sound coming from a nearby shop. Almost automaticly he levitated out his revolver and trained it on the space behind the shop's counter. As shutter voulunteered to check it out ale turned his head slightly to whisper "we'll cover you." All without ever taking his eyes of the shop, he had a really bad feeling that whatever was behind that counter it wasen't just rats.
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Target is friendly....target in the boarded-workshop across the pavalon, however...is not.

No movement detected yet, wooden planks covered the windows and the door

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 am