Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+8
Sound Wave
Shopkeep
World Warden
Arc Weld
Sky
Lightning Flash
Silver Tongue
TeslaSpark
12 posters

Nothing but the Shirt on your Back.

Silver Tongue
    Silver Tongue
    Level 5
    Level 5

Nothing but the Shirt on your Back. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing but the Shirt on your Back.

Post by Silver Tongue Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:29 pm

"I'm sure it won't be that bad Arc." Silver turns to Sky. "Yes we are business partners now." He turns back to Tesla. "By the way Tesla, do you think you could reinforce my suit and hat. If we're going in a stable then I need sufficient protection. And I'm quite attached to them and I look damn good in it. Also where can I find a good rifle? I like to settle things from afar. And last but not least, even if these fine ponies join us, we all need to prepare. Get health potions, painkillers, alcohol. Especially alcohol, to disinfect wound and to drink."
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Nothing but the Shirt on your Back. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing but the Shirt on your Back.

Post by Sky Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Sky's ears perked up at the word 'scanvanging' she remembered one of them saying they were going to scanvage the place, seemed a good idea to get some more caps or scrap. If lightning went, she would go to. The two of them together would be a great pair and team, heck they were a great couple also, and she also needed a a new weapon. This might a chance to get one from these ponies, or stable.
    TeslaSpark
    TeslaSpark
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by TeslaSpark Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 pm

"Reinforce a suit and hat...well yeah I think I can. I mean the only real thing I can think of that would make it better aside from fusing metal to it, would be to put some Kevlar or heavier leather behind or in front of it, and do the same with the hat...here give me a second. " Trotting to the back room, finding the scrap box he had once used to store extra leather spilled on the ground, the olive unicorn smiled, there wasn't much but there was enough to make the duster better armored than it probably was currently. "Well I have enough material to give you a little better protection than...well...nothing, but when it comes to rifles, I have no idea this was the place to come to if you wanted a gun, and as you can see its kinda cleaned out. But alcohol and stuff like that. The general store is probably the best place to go for those. I don't know how much I can really get, I only have about 300 bits myself."
    Silver Tongue
    Silver Tongue
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Silver Tongue Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:00 pm

"Thank you Tesla." Silver magic offs his clothes and magic them over. He then turns towards Lightning and Sky. "We've yet to hear an answer from you two. Are you two going?" Silver looks at them expectantly.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm

"ill go if lightning goes, being together only seems right after all." Sky told Silver, she was right about going with lightning. If he didn't go then she won't go or she might, but still try to convice him if he didn't go.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Lightning listened to the conversation a bit before rolling his eyes a little. It was obvious Sky didn't take the "you could do better" comment very lightly. Before he had a chance to step in, Sky and Silver already...'resolved' the issue. "Well, Silver. I apologize for barging in but considering that this place was ransacked, I had to be careful that it wasn't the same ponies returning to get more stuff. As much as I would like it to be, not everypony is the most honest."

Suddenly, the talk changed to going to a Stable and perhaps finding supplies. He was immediately hesitant of the idea. Plus, looking over the ponies made him a little worried about their skills and supplies that they had. Sky, he wasn't worried. He knew that the mare could take care of herself. Plus, she had some good weapons on hoof. The others, they only had pistols. Would that be enough for a proper defense in the wastes if they got into a gun fight with some raiders or something?

Looking at Sky then back at the others, Lightning would say, "I'm not sure if we should go snooping around a stable. I wouldn't recommend it personally." He paused for a second before letting out a light sigh. The ponies would need protection if they decided to go without him. He would add, "But if you are all up to it, I'll come with you."
    Silver Tongue
    Silver Tongue
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Silver Tongue Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Silver hears Lightnings answer. That mares got him whipped. But it don't matter she's got him hogtied, we just might actually survive this trip. Better tell them the game plan.

Silver walks to the center of the room. "Al right everypony, listen up. Let's split up and get supplies. We'll meet back here in an hour. But some ground rules first. Supplies like medicine will be shared with the whole group. And since y'all are helping do this, y'all each get a cut of what we find. If you find anything, run it by me or Tesla to see if you can keep it. But things like guns and armor will probably be a no. Alright then everypony, see you in an hour."

Silver walks up to Tesla. "I'm new in town, so I need somepony to show me around. I also need you show me the merchants you had in mind of doing business with."
    TeslaSpark
    TeslaSpark
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by TeslaSpark Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:35 am

As Tesla worked on the duster, doubt began to grow in the unicorn. {Stables are not the easiest places to break into...and even then, breaking into it is hard enough...then there are the defenses, and if the other Stables were like that of our's, Stabletech probably had some form of experiment or something going on about it, also if they didn't open...it was probably because something went wrong, and adding that to the defenses...we would need more than just our pistols and all I have is my torn jumpsuit, and all Silver has is a duster...neither provide any real protection. Sure Lightning and Sky probably have more, but thats two ponies having to cover for two rather useless ponies...no as much as I wish we could go...it just doesn't sound like a good idea at least not yet.} Stitching the tougher leather to the jacket, Tesla called out to the other room, "Um Silver...about this Stable idea...it doesn't seem like that much of a good one. I mean Stables have rather high end security, trust me I've broken into some of the terminals in 113, I've seen what they can have, and what we currently have is effectively nothing in way of defense...or offense for that matter." Finishing up with the jacket, the unicorn set to work fixing up the hat. "And for that matter again we might want to focus on the caravans, you know start small, maybe from then work our way up."

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:32 pm

"That might be good." Jack said, walking in to the ransacked store. "Stables do have a lot of technology and weapons, and the reward is useful, if only just." He said, and he looked at them. He was listening to probably the whole conversation, and he did pretty good on some of these Stable jobs, if only for the scraps and other things. Normally what he did get was simple scraps, ammo, or some food as a reward, provided that everypony is fine and well. But he only did three of those jobs, and most of the ponies gotten killed, which was sad. He had stopped those jobs, instead going in and snatching whatever he could without getting his hide shot at. He smiled, looking at everypony around him. "Is this a expedition?" He asked, making a joke that probably failed.
    Silver Tongue
    Silver Tongue
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Silver Tongue Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Silver stops at Teslas suggestion and thinks for a second. He does have a point. Stables are deadly, but not all of them were. Hm.

"I see what you mean Tesla. Tell you what, let's go to those caravans and set something up. We have 600 caps between us, that'll get us a little bit. We'll head to the stable in a day or two. But we won't be able to open up the store 'til we get more supplies. Alright then, lead the way. I wonder if they play poker?"

All of a sudden a red pegasus walks in. He spoke as if he had listened to the entire conversation. Sliver turns to the pegasus and speaks crossly. "Why yes it is an expedition, since you were clearly listening out of sight. Just who the buck are you and why did you feel the need to stay hidden?"

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:24 pm

"What? Im not a ninja or something, and i didn't feel the need." He shrugged, looking at the guy. He looked like a guy from New Pegasus, why he would be here is a little odd. "Just wanted to eavesdrop because i could." He said, and looked at everypony, but stopped when he seen Arc. Jack nodded in his direction. "This seems like a pretty good idea, this group. Pegasus at your service." He said, and smiled when he seen Sky and Lightning together. He didn't comment, but he thought they were a nice couple, going on assumption anyway.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

"So that's concluded, at least somepony competent is going with us on this mission.", Arc thought. Sudden appearenace of Jack was welcome addition. If he would go with them, they would have three pegasi, quite mobile force. That made patrolling the caravans much more viable option than Stable searching, they could utilize their mobility to the fullest on the open plains. Trying to crack open a Stable without earth pony to spearhead the party appeared unwise to Arc.

Arc nodded at Jack and smirked.
    "Hello Jack. Not that i'm implying anything, but introducing youself if you enter the room is often considered polite."

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:35 pm

"You have a point there." He said, and shrugged. "Names Jack Trades, wanderer and possible ally in your adventures." Jack said, and looked through his saddlebags, finding his 9mm and ammo, then closed his saddlebags. "Okay, any chance your from Pegasus? You seem like the type." Jack said.
    Silver Tongue
    Silver Tongue
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Silver Tongue Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Silver glares at Jack. "Does it matter? But to answer your question, yes I'm from Pegasus. I've got my eye on you." Silver turns to address the room. "Everypony, change of plans. The trip to the stable will be in a day or two. I'll find Lightning and have him tell y'all. 'Til then prepare. All I know about Manehattan is that there's a stable there." Silver walks over to Tesla. "Alright then, let's go meet these merchants."

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:43 pm

What's wrong with him? All he did was eavesdrop....oh. Jack looked back at Silver, smirking, thinking that he really called it. He seemed like the type mostly, and he was at Pegasus recently. He was only reminded of the place and their people, which were mostly arrogant. This guy fits the bill. But otherwise, he had a few pegasi to help him out.
    TeslaSpark
    TeslaSpark
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by TeslaSpark Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:29 pm

As Silver entered into the back room, Tesla tossed him the hat and coat. "I did as much as I can, but reinforcing a leather jacket and hat? Just add layers really. I don't know how much real protection it can give in a fire fight. But, you wanted to go get ammo and health potions and the like, well in that case follow me, partner." Gesturing towards the door, Tesla soon walked out of the shop, but not before saying thanks to all the ponies that had been so willing to help him.

Tesla quickly made his way through the various streets of Stableton, the very thought of getting to go to another Stable pushed him to go faster so the group could prepare. Entering into a building made up of metal panels different type and color, the unicorn looked from shelf to shelf trying to find what they needed but the general store...it was almost empty, well of useful items that is. Decorating the walls were scraps of items, that could hardly be called useful to anyone, broken gas tanks, bits of metal, charred toys, but nothing useful. This wasn't right. Confused, Tesla made his way up to the counter, where an elderly earth pony sat, staring blankly out one of the building's dirty windows "Um...excuse me, but where are your health potions, med-x,...ammo?"

The earth pony lazily addressed Tesla, "Listen kid, what you see is what I have no more no less, alright? I aint had any health potions or any of what yer looking for in about a week now, and I don't know if I ever will get any more, so either buy what I got or get out."
    Silver Tongue
    Silver Tongue
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Silver Tongue Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Silver nudges Tesla out of the way. "Your telling me that you don't haven't gotten any medicine and ammo in over a week. I call horse apples. Medicine and ammo are any businesses best seller. I know you got some somewhere."
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:24 pm

The member 'Silver Tongue' has done the following action : Chance Roll

'Chance Roll' : 52
    Shopkeep
    Shopkeep
    Trader of the Wastes!

Post by Shopkeep Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Inventory-

3x Health Potions Base Price Per Unit- 75
    5x 9mm Round Base Price Per Unit 1
    2x 9mm Hollow Point Round Base Price Per Unit 3
    Silver Tongue
    Silver Tongue
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Silver Tongue Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:11 pm

"I'll buy those three health potions."
    Shopkeep
    Shopkeep
    Trader of the Wastes!

Post by Shopkeep Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Silver buys two health potions.
    Total cost- 206 caps
    Total Caps left- 84
    Silver Tongue
    Silver Tongue
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Silver Tongue Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Silver mutters obscenities as he and Tesla walk away. "I think it's about time you took me to those traders you want to do business with Tesla."
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:00 am

Closing the door shut behind his flank, Sound Wave let out a bit of air from his lungs as his wings flapped up a little breeze to cool his heated body from the unexpectedly long trek through the wastes, LAST time he ever gets close to a pile of refrigerators, damn near had a heart attack when a ghoul suddenly popped out of nowhere with a grin that was most likely to see again in his dreams. Fighting back an involuntary shudder, the Pegasus trotted up to the counter, a hefty pouch bouncing with each step against his flank.

"Delivery!" He chimed, a bright smile on his face as he quickly dug into his pouch and held a rather lumpy looking package in his teeth before carefully setting down on the counter.... only to see that no one was there. Dang.

"Awww, Feathers..." His shoulders sagged, all that trouble only to find out there person he was supposed to deliver it to wasn't there. Darn his bad luck! Whilst awaiting for the clerk to come back, his eyes began to wander, it was a quaint looking shop, although there was this strange smell that caught his nose. What was that? It smelled like something had rotten and got pissed on.

An immediate snort was his response as he settled for breathing through his mouth, at least browsing will help take his mind off the waiting... and the smell. Ooh! Was is that a fork?

"I think it's about time you took me to those traders you want to do business with Tesla."

His ears perked up as he caught a voice, looking towards the direction from where it had come from, he spotted a couple of ponies coming out from the back, he raised a brow but decided to keep quiet, not wanting to pry as he patiently waited for the shop keep to head on back and pick up this damn parcel already!
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:10 am

When Tesla and Silver walked off to find their supplies, Lightning took the opportunity to head home and gather his own stuff that he already had. Giving Sky a hug though before he left, he would fly to his shack and gather his saddle bags. His ammunition, his canteen, a simple knife that he carried around, and his armor.

Once all that was gathered, the pegasus would fly back to the store, noticing that Sky was gone, probably out to get other things too. However, there was still a pony here. A blue pegasus holding what looked like a package. "Well, hello." he said with a small smile. "I haven't seen you around here before. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Lightning Flash. May I ask who you are?"
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 am

Sky hugged Flash before he left to get some stuff, she was going to to do the same. Just some mild supplies to go on a small caravan, seems like a good deal to go and just explore the waste for a bit. That sounded nice to her, just her flash and a couple other ponies going to make some caps. She needed some things, her saddlebags, and her guns. Sky left to her small home to get the required supplies, not much considering they have to get a lot of stuff for the caravan. Sky didn't care though, she just wanted to spend most her time with Lighting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 am