Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+3
Kipper
Spark Gunner
Arc Weld
7 posters

Rust Blues[Closed]

Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Rust Blues[Closed] - Page 12 Empty Re: Rust Blues[Closed]

Post by Kipper Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Kipper chided himself for taking so long to get into the system - it had been quite a while since he'd last put hand to keyboard - but when he finally locked down that elusive password, the irony made him chuckle, lifting his spirits a little.

He opened the email and gave it a quick read. "Hum. We might having some problem, ponies. I don't perfectly knowing what; seeming like some contamination in the waters." He turned around and offered a weak grin. "Hopefully the talisman still is cleaned."

He tapped a key to back out to the menu again and eyed the last field. Open storage facility door. That's where they wanted to look next, right? His finger circled over the enter key, but his mind couldn't help but go back to the ant that had ambushed the ponies from behind the door to this very office. If they could get into enclosed rooms like this, there was no reason there wouldn't be more of them in the storage room, especially on the off chance there was still some preserved food in there.

But if they'd kept the water talisman in there, it might be more secure... right?

"Ponies," he said, putting on his serious thinking face even though he was still staring at the terminal screen. "Some ants hiding maybe in storage, I guessing. What we should do?"
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Arc lowered his rifle, seeing that the room was empty of any ants in sizes larger than pony. Looking around the small office, the first thing that sparked his interest was the map, slowly rotting away through the centuries, on the wall.

He trotted in from of it to get a good look at what could still be possible to see. The map had a thick blue line running across it, indicating what Arc assumed was the "Emerald stream" underground river, as the name in the corner of the map suggested. The blue line had several red dots on it. There was one on the left end of it, labelled "surface drain", and right next to it was another dot named "bottling plant". The rest of the points were hardly readable, except the one at the point where the blue line began, the "Arbor Valley spring", likely the source of this water body.

Interesting... perhaps the stream is clear at the source, could perhaps be tapped... the map could be valuable, even for selling for profit... lets see if I could removed the frame?

A dark green tinted outline formed around Arc's horn and same effect engulfed nails holding the frame of the map. The centuries were not kind to them, several of them turned to rust immediately after the magic started pulling them off, the rest giving little resistance. In moment, the frame fell off and the map partially detached from the wall, held there only by the moisture. Arc slowly removed it from the wall and folded it to neat square, just like a blueprint.

Kipper on the opposite side of the room meanwhile finished his work on the computer and reported his find.

Arc trotted over to him, giving a glance at the email on the screen.

"Alright... nice work on the computer Kipper, I think I'll take this mail for later analysis, seems like it could answer some questions..."

Arc telekinetically tapped few keys and his pipbuck made a beep.

"Now... we should check the rest of the office for information, then I think we could check out the storage, the talisman should, well, must be there."
    TeslaSpark
    TeslaSpark
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by TeslaSpark Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Tesla entered into the small office still shacking every part of him trying to get the coating of quickly drying ichor off of him. The smell was horrible, and the last thing he wanted to do was return to Stableton sickly yellow green, and smelling of death and decay.

While Ark looked at the hanging map in the room, and the diamond dog made quick work with the terminal that rested on the desk, the gunsmith decided to be of some use, as he began searching the small cabinet that hung behind the Kipper. "Kipper we'll do what we always do when we see giant bugs, exterminate them, hopefully more of a distance this time, and I don't know about you guys but I'd like to do it quick, I need to wash this crap off."
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Kipper Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:04 am

There was a rummaging from behind him, and then Tesla's voice. “Kipper we'll do what we always do when we see giant bugs, exterminate them, hopefully more of a distance this time, and I don't know about you guys but I'd like to do it quick, I need to wash this crap off.”

Kipper nodded. “I supposing not many things we can do otherwise,” he muttered, and hit the enter key. “You thinking smell is bad?” he added with a chuckle. “Diamond dog smell sense more sharply than ponies; is smelling like inside of some monster belly in here!” He stroked his chin bemusedly and added, “But also it smelling like would make good meal if we cook.”

“Alright... nice work on the computer Kipper,” Arc said as he approached the terminal. “I think I'll take this mail for later analysis, seems like it could answer some questions...”

“Yes,” he added, copying the email to his own PipBuck. He wasn’t really sure how he’d forgotten about that feature. “We musting investigate before install water talisman; email gave bad feeling to me.”

“Now... we should check the rest of the office for information, then I think we could check out the storage, the talisman should, well, must be there.”

“Okay, boss,” Kipper said with a nod. Well, might as well check this cabinet above the terminal, he thought. He reached up and tried the cabinet door; hopefully it wasn’t locked, but he could always try the hard way if necessary.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 pm

The cabinet Kipper and Tesla looked at proved easy to open. The moment Kipper tried to pull the handle on the cover of it, the hinges of it gave away, the door now held by Kipper.

---Contents of the cabinet---
    3x Bandages
    2x Bottle of medical alcohol
    2x Healing potion
    6x Signal Flare
    TeslaSpark
    TeslaSpark
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by TeslaSpark Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:03 pm

"Well well well," Tesla said looking over equipment he and Kipper found in the cabinet, "I don't know about you guys but it seems like there are a lot of medical things here, the workers here must've been rather accident prone before the war." the unicorn chuckled at his little observation, "Oh well their loss is certainly our gain aint it."

Looking at the signal flares, as well as the alcohol, the gunsmith began thinking up what they could be used for, if things got iffy. "Hey Arc, Kip, and Sound, lets keep at least one of these bottles of alcohol, just in case. If we're outnumbered, it'll be good just to have a worst case scenario that can burn these bugs to nothing."
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Kipper Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Kipper gave the disembodied cabinet door a bemused look and gingery set it aside.

"Hey Arc, Kip, and Sound, lets keep at least one of these bottles of alcohol, just in case. If we're outnumbered, it'll be good just to have a worst case scenario that can burn these bugs to nothing."

"Burn to nothing?" he responded, looking askance at the unicorn with the partially butchered leg. "Alcohol not to burn so hot for that, I thinking." The leg seemed to stare back at him. This place and all its monster ants must've been getting to him. "Perhaps you wanting fix injured leg?"
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

"Hey Arc, Kip, and Sound, lets keep at least one of these bottles of alcohol, just in case. If we're outnumbered, it'll be good just to have a worst case scenario that can burn these bugs to nothing."

"Uhmm, Tesla?" The Pegasus spoke up as he turned to the Unicorn with a somewhat concerned look. "We could barely dent those chitin of theirs with ordinary bullets. Are you SURE that burning them would even have any effect besides making them scarier looking?"
    TeslaSpark
    TeslaSpark
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by TeslaSpark Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:11 am

Tesla turned to Sound, "Who says we're trying to break their armor?" he said with a smile. "Sound one thing I know about armor and fire, is this: It won't necessarily hurt the protection, but it will certainly hurt the soft insides. Like cooking them from the inside out. But thats the hardest armor. Besides you forget fire likes to get everywhere. You light them ablaze I promise you they will go down."
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Kipper Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:50 pm

“Not quick, I thinking. Chitin not being metallic; is not so good for transmit heat,” Kipper said, scooping the medical supplies out of the cabinet. “But maybe burn eyes? We could considering, anyways.”

Kipper scratched behind his ear, more a nervous tic than an actual itch. They'd spent way too long in this room, and Kipper unexpectedly found himself growing impatient. He turned and walked back to the door. “We should moving and get talisman before ants are coming,” he mused out loud, turning to the others, and he caught another glimpse of Tesla Spark's unprettily injured leg. “But perhaps fixing injuries first? I not being so good doctor, but could try, I supposing.”

He retrieved a bottle of alcohol and a bandage from his bag and went over the procedure in his head. Pretty much everyone else had done it; how hard could it be?

((Standard basic medical procedure – alcohol and bandage – on Tesla's leg. Medicine 25.))
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 am

(Tesla is at full HP after the treatment.)

"Kipper's right, we should get moving again." said Arc and moved to the computer again. "Not like there's much else to do, I'll see if the storage could be opened."

Arc used the remaining command on the computer and the third door on the crossroad in front of the generator room clicked open as something moved from them, allowing them to be opened.

Arc started trotting back to the hub "Well... guess that works. Let's go."

TeslaSpark
    TeslaSpark
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by TeslaSpark Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 am

Tesla flinched as the alcohol soaked bandages were wrapped around his injured leg. It was for the better, sure he understood that, but could it at least sting just a little less?

As the diamond dog finished up, Tesla tested putting weight on his leg. Immediately retreating and trying again, as his leg shot with more pain, growing more accustomed to it with each test. After a few more trials, the gunsmith was once again able to walk efficiently with the others. "Hey, thanks Kipper, thats another one I owe you." the unicorn said with a smile.

"Well... guess that works. Let's go."

"Right behind you," Tesla trotted behind Arc, hoping that the talisman they had been fighting for would finally be found soon.
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Kipper Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:52 pm

“Hey, thanks Kipper, thats another one I owe you.”

Kipper scratched his head bashfully. He hoped this wouldn’t turn into some weird pony blood debt thing; that was just about the last thing he wanted out of all this. “Hum, not worry about,” he offered as lip service to placate the perfidious gratitude.

“Well... guess that works,” said Arc Weld as he began trotting back out the door. “Let's go.”

And it was about time, too! “Hold on, I following!” Kipper checked his weapons were all present on his now rather busy belt before jogging after them.
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:24 am

"Sound one thing I know about armor and fire, is this: It won't necessarily hurt the protection, but it will certainly hurt the soft insides. Like cooking them from the inside out. But thats the hardest armor. Besides you forget fire likes to get everywhere. You light them ablaze I promise you they will go down."

Sound couldn't help but make a face as the mental image of an Ant's roasted insides with fire ablaze all around it made his belly churn and gurgle and eye twitch in disgust. There was an image that he hoped he would NEVER see in his life... or dreams.... EVER.

Rust Blues[Closed] - Page 12 Th_DisgustedSound "Thanks for the Mental Image, Arc. I think I just tasted breakfast."

The Pegasus shuddered but not before shooting a glare at the Unicorn before following the others out the door, shotgun at the ready and fully loaded as everypony else went through first.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:34 am

The group collected in front of the now opened door, gazing into a room that seemed to be filled with darkness, the light coming from the lamp above them casting a rectangle of small visible area through the door frame. It was impossible to determine the size of the room from this point.

Arc stepped into the frame and looked around. He was feeling tired, and decided to not tax himself more than necessary. He could hear water rushing through pipes and splashing in the room somewhere, but the echo made it impossible to accurately determine. Seemed that the rain was still strong outside. Still... no signs of flooding here, so it should be ok.

Arc motioned the rest of the group inside, and took one of the flares into his magical grasp. "Tesla, I think we could use this instead of magically conjured light... probably better to save strength, we don't know what is ahead."

Arc lit the flare and the stick started to burn in bright green, flickery fire. He threw it with as much force as he could, or as much his telekinetic abilities allowed, and watched it fly. It bounced and something round shimmered. When it landed second time, the light revealed a busted large storage tank, and several other next to it.

What was much more interesting was the object that glittered from the light. As it turned out, it was an ant head the size of a pony... attached to a body filling half of the storage tank it lounged, equipped with a pair of insect wings, the carapace of it distinctively tinted in blue. An ant queen.

The monstrous insect was pissed from the four intruders interrupting her slumber. The way she made way from the tank made the whole structure shake, and suddenly, the old generator running in the room back gave in, exploded and left everything dark. The doors, being help by magneto-electric locks, lost the electric part and locked behind the party, leaving it in darkness, the queen lumbering towards them.

TeslaSpark
    TeslaSpark
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by TeslaSpark Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:11 pm

"Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck!" Tesla stumbled back as the large blue ant approached. With a large crash the door behind the group slammed shut, sealing the group in darkness save for the small area the flare lit up. {SERIOUSLY! COULD THINGS GET WO....} No, he didn't want to know!

Drawing his prism blaster from his saddlebag, the gunsmith raised the weapon toward the beast, bathed in the flare's red glow, making it shine purple. {For all that is holy in this messed up world, please let me hit this thing!}

Pulling the trigger red beams of charged particles erupted from the gun lighting up the room a little with each blast. With each pull the unicorn could only hope that he hit the creature where it counted.

AP: 7 (drawing(1) and Firing Prism Blaster at SparkleQueen 3x with +10 modifier)
    Trait: (Trigger Discipline)
    Energy Weapon: (50)
    Luck (5)
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:20 pm

(Guys, just for info, I'll use the old system and old charheets, since the new ones aren't approved yet and likely will take some to to be so.

Ok, here's the battleplan:

Rust Blues[Closed] - Page 12 Rustbl10

The green area is the flare, the rest is covered in darkness and cant be seen, yet.
    )
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 am

The look on Sound's face when they found the Queen was the most suitable for the current situation that everyone's thoughts had unanimously agreed to describe in two simple words. With only the four of them, with barely any light, ammo mostly recycled, Health Potions at an all time low; the Pegasus decided to voice out everyone's thoughts with a tiny,

Rust Blues[Closed] - Page 12 Th_OhShitSound "Oh....... shit...."

And the Domino Effect took place.

"Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck!" Tesla stumbled backwards in a panic and at that moment, Sound's head whirled around at the sound of a loud 'Slam!' as the doors shut closed Sealing them in total Darkness with the Ant Queen save for the Flare and Lamp as their only Sources of light but the Pegasus knew that they wouldn't be able to last long unless they've an infinite source of Flares and a way to make the lamp shine brighter.

Flaring out his wings in alarm, the Pegasus quickly aimed his shotgun at the Ant Queen, screaming at the top of his lungs.

Rust Blues[Closed] - Page 12 Th_ScaredSound "SWEET LAUREN FAUST!!! KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!!!"

The Couple of blasts that exploded from his shotgun emphasized his point as he unloaded two shells into the Ant Queen's Carapace.

[[AP: 35 Draw (1) Firing Sawed-off at Ant Queen 2x (16x2=32) with +5 Modifier]]
    Trait: Trigger Discipline
    Guns: 42
    Luck: 3
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Arc watched the flare bump off, trying to see anything in the darkness that would look like the device they were looking for. The echoes suggested a large room, or more likely a cavern that the Sparkle-Cola company found and used for their purposes.

The fact that it instead revealed a cargo carriage sized insect was, for the lack of a more proper term to describe the rapid mixture of emotions that flowed over him, disappointing.

Well, fuck.

Then the queen ran across the flare and showed it's true size, and especially the pair of mandibles that could snap pony, say, a brown stallion with black mane and a gear for a cutie mark, in two smaller ones, tragically incompatible with life.
    FUCK!

"EVERYONE SCATTER!"

Arc dove to the right, not caring he was going into absolute darkness, floated the weapon over his back and gave the insect a solid peppering with the Prism Rifle.

(
    -placeholder-
    )

(Guys... this won't work. I would like all of you to PM me whether you want me to wait for the characters to be approved, which, considering the magic is getting redone AGAIN and unicorns are therefore not yet able to be approved at all, may take any random amount of time, or we can use the OLD stats and finish it with them.)

(Or you know what? Fuck the stats, this thread is bastardized as it is, we're doing this live. Just post actions and I'll do it without rolls.)
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Kipper Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:01 pm

“Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck!”

“SWEET LAUREN FAUST!!! KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!!!”

“EVERYONE SCATTER!”

Kipper stood transfixed as the ponies bustled and swore in panic, and the beyond monstrous ant, eerily highlighted by the flickering flare flame, let out a beyond monstrous chittering imitation of a blood-curdling roar.

That was one hell of a big ant.

At a loss for options, Kipper shakily drew his revolver, aimed wide-eyed down the sight at the ant’s enormous head, and fired until it went click.

Then he readied his hatchet and waited.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:30 pm

As the simple physics behind such situation would tell, turning around a tone of an insect on a dime, when said bugger is moving at an significant speed, is simply impossible. Therefore, when the unicorn that threw the offending flare to wake the queen from her slumber jumped to the side, it powered through and hit the door behind him.

The others, who stood more to the side of Arc, managed to pull out a few quick shots, Tesla managing to even set one of her wings on fire, and causing the less protected tissue on her arse to start forming blisters and Kipper managed to even blast apart one of her eyes, though the rest of the revolver rounds missed as he wildly flayed the gun in front of him. Sound was the only one to have Lady Luck piss on him this time, the shotgun managed to only scrape the frontal carapace, not managing to penetrate it. Still, everyone was close enough to her to get a proper kick with her legs, and got thrown away.

Battleplan:

Rust Blues[Closed] - Page 12 Rustbl10
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Kipper Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 pm

His hatchet was at the ready, but nonetheless, Kipper was too slow to respond as a flurry of great, chitinous legs scuttled into him, bowling his legs out from under him and pitching him to the floor.

Wheezing stale air, Kipper quickly recollected his bearings and clambered back to his feet. The bug’s back... er, abdomen... was turned, its legs clattering against the concrete as it prepared to turn for another attack. Hmm. That’d do.

((AP: 8))
    ((Standing up [2 AP], then hacking at one of the ant’s leg 3 times with hatchet [6 AP].))
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:25 am

Arc managed to jump away just in time to not be squished by the giant insect, jumping in the dark and landing on a pile of scrap. He could feel several of the jagged parts of the metal sheets cut him, tearing his coat on several places, but he more important matters at hoof now.

He switched on his pipbuck light to see at least where he was standing, collected himself from the scrap pile and picked his prism rifle, which managed to fall of his back and land on the side of the scrap pile, aiming it at the ant queen. The insect seemed to still be stuck with its head in the metal door and wasn't moving, making it an easy target.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:31 am

Several lighbeams soared through the darkness to bring Celestia's gift to the insect, still clad in the door with its head stuck in it. The light licked on the cerulean wings and even managed to set one on fire. The pain it brought to the ant made it finally find the strength to free itself from the doorway. turning around and knocking into Sound and Tesla, sending them flying. Sound crashed into the wall behind him, and Tesla found a support beam, made of concrete, in his sail through the darkness. Kipper took the opportunity as the lumbering creature turned, and quickly jumped next to it, hacking at it's legs. The first one missed, but in the end landed on the body and opened a gash in the chitin carapace and caused another injury to the ant, the second missed completely and the last connected and hacked away it's front left leg, making it limp it's way to Arc.

Rust Blues[Closed] - Page 12 Rustbl11
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:40 am

"DUHNF!!!" Every last bit of wind was sent rushing out of his lungs as the Ant sent him flying, his Cyan form tumbling in the air before slamming into the wall with a dull 'thud' and a yelp of pain before falling to the ground with the same onomatopoeia, hundreds of years worth of dust and dirt creating a puffy sort of cloud that spread out around the Pegasi. With a groan, the Pegasus slowly got back up, his wings twitching as he adjusted them and rolled them about, hoping the impact didn't break them or something.

Relieved as the worst he got was a bruise and ache, the Pony once again took to the skies, collecting his shotgun beforehoof and loading it with shells once again. "You guys better have a plan coming up, cause I don't think we'll last against this thing without one!"

Taking aim once the shells were popped in, Sound Wave flew in to have a better shot and promptly emptied a shell at the Ant Queen's leg joint. Hopefully, a wounded leg might slow it down some?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:11 am