Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Lightning Flash
Shutter
Violet Star
Bakewell Tart
Sky
Arc Weld
Starry Night
11 posters

Lord of the Foals[Closed]

Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Lord of the Foals[Closed] - Page 14 Empty Re: Lord of the Foals[Closed]

Post by Jasmine Beat Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:23 am

Venting radiation inside the stable...Even she knew that was a terrible idea... Jasmine turned to the four ponies debating about their current dilemma after finishing looking at the cooling system.

"Let'th not be too hathty ponieth! We might be able to withthtand the effectth of the radiation ourthelveth...But we have to think about any elderly or pregnant ponieth! It itn't fair to make a judgement that effectth the innothent, they didn't athk for any of thith...Athide from that, I don't even know if I would be ready to fathe the outthide world. We'd need to have thupplieth to care for all the refugeeth, and frankly I don't even know how you guyth have managed to thurvive thith whole time if I have the correct impression about what'th out there..."

Jasmine looks to the three while carefully considering their disposition. After some pondering she manages to gather the right words to express her opinion. "If we vented the thteam outthide the thtable, we'd be thafe inthide here. Thith thtable wath forged to withthtand the tetht of time, tho we'd have plenty of time to formulate a plan to thafely and efficiently ethcape if the time came. And granted I'm not exactly qualified to run the reactor, but I actually have a collection of the manualth that show how to run thith thing. We could train a team tho thith machine could get the proper care it needth and get the core up and running at full capathity again. Pluth it'th not like we don't have radiathion thuitth laying around! Thith ith a fallout thhelter afterall!"

Jasmine ainticipated their response, excited to continue helping her fellow stable dwellers.

Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:01 am

Arc listened calmly to Jasmine's arguments, them decided to add few more of his.

"Jasmine... you do realize that what you suggest is not a solution? You had a whole year to do what you suggested, those manuals were laying here, and yet this is the result? The reactor can't be fixed just by some TLC, it needs parts that are simply unobtainable."

"And before we keep on with the reactor discussion, I would like to point out that the bloatsprites got in. I don't know how, and frankly, it's irrelevant now, but as you said Jasmine, you have no experience with outside, so let me put this blunt. Getting them out of here will cost lives. Many. And every one of those will be a painful end, ugly and bloody. You have seen the foal back there, Jasmine, so you know that."

"Now, our options are obvious, no? Vent it inside and run, take a risk, yes, but a predictable one. Or vent it outside and be locked in with the bloatsprites. You know my opinion."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Starry was delighted to have someone, her sister no less, coming to her own defense. "Well, actually," Starry said, responding to Arc, "the readout on this terminal doesn't indicate that any of the parts are faulty. The fault didn't occur due to any sort of malfunction. In fact, once we cool the reactor, it can probably keep running for another... hundred years? Stable-tech is built to last! Besides, you said yourself that the wastes are dangerous, but what could be a better protection than a thick shield of radiation around the stable?"
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Shutter groaned, as he rubbed his forehead with his hoof. Darn it Starry, for someone so intelligent, she could really miss the most obvious issues at times!

"Starry, maybe Stable-tec stuff is built to last...but what about the supplies? What about the populace? This place has turned into a nightmare! We've already had psychos through here once, and now murderous foals! With two disasters at once, and after a year of constant oppression by these little demons...how many are even still alive? How many of those stabledwellers are ever going to feel safe again here after a year of oppression? Besides...with the Stable sealed off...whats to stop someone from taking advantage of the confusion here and taking over where Jack left off? One thing the wastes has taught me over this last year, is that if anything can go wrong, it will...you can't ever just hope for the best..."

Shutter stated...however, he had to admit, while he was certain he was right...the sheer fact that he was actually rooting for makeing their former home unlivable had finally sunk in, and it felt really weird. How many nights had he dreamed of nothing more then waking up in his old bed, with the horror of the wastes having been nothing but a bad nightmare? And now, here he was...and he wanted to basically destroy the place, and evacuate the remaining citizens to Stableton...

"...Ugh...look, how much time did we have again? if we have the time, maybe we should ask our parents...it has been their home far longer then us...lets ask them their opinions..."
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:10 am

Lightning and Bakewell fired a barrage of bullets into the thin swarm of bloatsprites. Flash wielded an automatic weapon, but he aimed his shots well, and managed to hit many of the bloatsprites, while avoiding hitting the foals. Bakewell was less accurate, but had less bullets, and fortunately didn't hit any of the foals, though she didn't hit many of the bloatsprites either.

Violet found it difficult to use her magic to squash the bloatsprites. Evidently, she simply lacked the power to crush living things with magic. She tried to grab the bloatsprites with her magic and splatter them against the wall, but that had mixed results. It didn't help that it was harder to toss the little creatures than it would be an inanimate object of the same size, but she did manage to crumple their fragile wings. The foals were more than happy to squash them as they became crippled.

Soon, the whole swarm in the corridor had been dealt with, with Violet finishing off the last one. Moon Beam collapsed to the floor in a pool of tears, as he tugged at the spine in his eye softly, before resigning due to the massive pain it caused him. Lemon Drop let her weapon rest by her side, and instead ran up to Bakewell and leaped toward her to give her a hug, as tears rolled down her face.

Moon Shine, on the other hand, took a few defensive steps back, as he lifted his assault rifle shakily. "T-thanks," he stuttered, his knees still wobbling from the fear of nearly being eaten alive. "Jack told us to kill you," he explained.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:00 am

Bakewell wrapped her forelegs around Lemon Drop as the foal leapt crying into the beige mare’s hooves. She was slightly aware of the other two foals, but somepony else could deal with them. Violet was much handier with medical stuff and would be able to help out Moon Beam much more than a simple cook. Moon Shine seemed almost ready to attack but Flash could deal with him. He was probably at least slightly less likely to say something stupid and cause even more bloodshed, just as long as he could keep his temper in check.

As for Bakewell, she was fully intending to focus on Lemon Drop. “It’s okay.” She whispered softly, trying to keep her voice steady and fake a conviction she didn’t really feel but suspected that Lemon Drop needed. “Everything will be okay. ”

As the older beige mare felt wet tears (probably in addition to crushed bits of bloatsprite) seeping through her coat she held the yellow and blue filly tighter. This right here was what her attention should be focused on. Nothing else mattered right now. This little filly whose mother Bakewell at one point worked with but couldn’t even really remember the name of was currently the mare's world.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Lightning sighed in relief as all the bloatflies were either shot by himself or Bakewell, crippled by Violet, or killed by the foals. He would watch as Lemon Drop ran over to Bakewell and instead of trying to kill her, gave her a hug. Giving a nod to his teammates, he would turn to glance at Moon Beam before murmuring to Violet, "Help Moon Beam. I'll talk to the other foal with the gun on me."

With his SMG still in his mouth, Lightning turned to face Moon Shine, staring straight down the barrel of an assault rifle. A low anger still burned within him from just the sight of a foal holding him at gunpoint again but he quickly forced it down, knowing that he would only end up getting himself and the others around him shot. Instead, he decided to use a different tactic. "Alright. Fine. You have your orders. I understand."

The blue pegasus would relax his body and reholstered his weapon, standing completely still in front of the foal. "But before you pull that trigger, I want you to do something for me. I want you to think about what you are doing. Do you enjoy running around, carrying guns and other dangerous weapons and scaring the ponies that were once your friends and family? Do you enjoy watching other ponies get hurt or even killed? Do you enjoy following orders and following a pony that doesn't even care about your own well-being, a pony that let you come down here just to be attacked by those things? If you say yes to any of those questions, then fine. Pull the trigger and shoot me."

He would pause for a second before slowly walking forward at Moon Shine, "But if you answer no to any of them, then I ask of you, please put down the gun. This is not the path you want to walk, trust me. Jack might have told you a lot of things about me and my friends here. But I'm telling you, whatever he told you is wrong. We are here to help you and all the other ponies in the Stable. Every stallion, mare, and yes, even foals. How long has it been since you talked to your parents? How long has it been since you even seen them? Please, make the right choice and put down the gun...We don't need to see more violence and bloodshed..." If the foal responded well, Lightning would hold his hoof out and gently push the assault rifle down away from him. If not...then he would await his fate.

(Speech 19, convince Moon Shine to put down the gun)
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Jasmine couldn't believe what Shutter and Arc were saying. She furrowed her eyebrows as she thought over their proposal before turning to Shutter.

"Thutter, none of uth feel thafe outthide." Her eyes scanned between the other members of the party before continuing her thought.

"Thith ith my home, I can't jutht abandon it at the drop of a hat like thith. And I'm thure that nopony elthe would feel thafe abandoning thhip just to try a hoof at living outthide either! What kind of life would that be when we left? Dooming everypony to roaming out in the wathtelandth for a few month until we pathh away? Thereth nothing out there, who knowth how you thurvived for a year, but how would all thethe ponieth in addition to you thurvive out there? If there'th any chanthe at thaving our thtable we thhould give it a try. Bethideth, Thtar thinkth that there wathn't any thtructural damage dealt to the core. We thould look into thith further to thhee if the reactor ith truly un-thalvageable. At the very leatht, the hollow thhell of Thtable 113 would thtill make a good thhelter for uth."

Jasmine looked between all of the ponies present, her ears laid back slightly as the reality of the situation began to dawn on her. She might be forced to leave her home, this cant be happening. She looked to Starry with a look that said she was seeking reassurance.

"We thhould have faith that thingth can get better. We're thtable dwellers after all! Thith entire thtructure wath built with the idea that we can live on dethpite the entire world going to hell! I'm thure that motht of the ponieth here would agree with me that we can deal with a problem like the foalth. Our anthethtorth thurvived the apocalypthe after all, and that thame grit runth through our veinth! We jutht want to over throw Jack and get our liveth back the way it uthed to be."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:56 am

Shutter actually seemed confused as he listened to Jasmine wonder how they survived out there for a year, and how there was supposedly 'nothing out there'...and then it hit him...

"Oh no...we never told you how we survived out there, did we?"

Shutter mumbled, as he slapped his forehead with his hoof, annoyed at himself for leaving out such an incredibly important detail...

"Jasmine, it isn't just a desolate wasteland. Sure, the wastes can be dangerous, but civilization does still exist! All of us survivors that escaped actually founded a settlement out there, Stableton! And it's still growing pretty fast! The wastes can be dangerous yes, but Stableton is well-defended, and is growing bigger by the day. And it's not even the only settlement around! There's New Appleloosa, Tenpony Tower, thought I've never been there myself...there's New Pegasus, which is pretty big...

Look, simply put, the wastes can be dangerous, but they aren't a death sentence! There are other ponies out there, and dozens of settlements which trade with each other...and hey, the Stable ponies from here could probably even help Stableton become even bigger and stronger! We could even reunite the families that were separated during the disaster!

...Look, I understand that it sounds like a bad idea, flooding the stable...but I really think it's the best option, and we should be able to get everyone out safely...but I'll understand if you still disagree..."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:09 am

"I agree with eactly what Jasmine said!" Starry exclaimed, pointing a hoof at her sister. "Except for the faith part. We have logic to dictate that things can get better here, no faith required."

"And besides, you all remember what it felt like leaving the stable! Remember how many died? How many will Jack kill when we try to escape? Have you three forgotten how terrifying and how traumatizing it was to be forced out of the stable, where you had lived your entire lives? We were happy to spend our entire lives in the stable, and we never in a million years thought of stepping outside! Death was a preferrable option. When I first left the stable, I couldn't stop wishing I had died instead. It wasn't for like, an entire year that I actually learned how to smile again!"

Starry trotted back toward the terminal, aand put her hoof on the controls. "But... if you've all decided already, I'll go ahead and do it. Are you all sure? There's no going back once we flip the switch."

"Metaphorically speaking. It's actually a button, not a switch, but the metaphore with the switch sounded more visually appealing." Starry couldn't help but spoil the severity of their decision with her over-explanation.
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:53 am

Shutter...actually hesitated to say his choice. Starry did bring up a good point in how hard it had been to adapt at first, and Jasmine, while he may not have said so, also clearly showed what the reaction from the dwellers would clearly be.

"...Wait...wait...Starry, how long do we have before we have to vent the reactor? I know I was all for venting inside the Stable before, but...maybe we need some more opinions...like from our parents and the like...

Do we...do we have the time to get that second opinion, or does this choice have to be made now?"
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:04 am

Starry's description of their wasteland experience only helped to worsen her opinion of the outside world. Jas' eys followed her sister over to the terminal. As Star brought her hoof to the terminal she began to have a panic attack. While Starry asked for their last opinion before she flips the switch, Jasmine began to stutter in fear before she managed to blurt a response out.

"THTARRY! No, pleathe. Don't vent the radiation into the thtable, we can thtill fix thith thituation!." Jasmine was scared beyond reason. In fact she was on the verge of tears, as well as unable to use rhetoric to persuade the group. She had no idea what that switch was going to do, she just knew one of the options may lead to her doom.

"Um, Thutter hath a good idea, let'th ath mom, I'm thure that she'll agree with me..."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:19 am

Arc silently sighed in his corner of the control room. He will hate himself for this, he knew it, but this had to be drawn to the end.

"Starry, we have to do it, it's the right thing. And as much as I break your picture of this place, just because you and Jasmine had it all dandy living as scientists... just don't project this on everyone. Looking at the year behind me, it was the best damn time of my life for the past ten years."

Arc turned to Jasmine.

"What Starry and Shutter both said is true. The Wastes outside are dangerous, and for those without knowing them very easily deadly, but that is not the case here. You won't alone there, not like we were before we actually learned all the how-to's, but now Stableton is prospering. You won't be thrown out to fend for yourselves, we have a determined point where to go after that. And in the end Jasmine, you would like to spent your life locked in a cave when there is a world of a wonder and danger and life and death outside?"

Arc took a deep breath.

"My opinion remains unchanged."
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:58 am

Arc's word smithing slowly began to help her see his way. The way he described the outside world it might not be so bad. Besides, she has to admit...A change of scenery might be nice. Jasmine was about to state her change of opinion while Arc began to list all the wonderful things the outside world held. And then Arc mentioned death...

"Well uh...by death...do you mean...like...peatheful...going off thilently into the night death? Or like...painful...death...?" Jasmine's ears splayed back and legs quaked as she began to over think what the Stallion said.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:20 am

Arc felt how the question landed oh his back. It felt like someone just dropped a mental boxcar on his spine. The whole day decided to come and press on him, and how he was suddenly so bloody tired.

"Both, Jasmine, I won't try to hide it. It isn't a place where you can watch yourself slowly fade away across the years, for most it isn't. Stableton is one of the places that allow such luxury, but for most, it's the hard way out. Many have perished for Stableton to be such a place, I'm afraid, and no one asked them if they think it was worth it, but often those who are risking their lives like to say it was. The dead, of course, are silent on the matter."

Arc inhaled and exhaled.

"So yes, Jasmine, more often the painful part, to those who are not willing to live with using their head. Luckily... we seem to have those ponies around us."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 am

Starry could only sigh at the dispute raging between them. Starry didn't want to hurt her sister, but she also had no intention of leaving her behind in the musty old stable. She knew there was a wide open world out there, with far more room for her sister to spread her wings and experience freedom like never before. Still, Starry knew she couldn't make that decision for her sister, and not for any of the other stable ponies.

"Sky, you've been awful quiet. What do you think? Should we let the stable ponies continue to live peacefully within the stable, without knowing fear or freedom? Or should we make the decision for them, and force them out into the wastes for their, and our own sake?"
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am

Sky sighed as she stood at the doorway, She knew out here was something being in here was a safe way to live. Sky could only groan as she didn't know what to choose anymore, They both were right in what to do with the Stable. "I don't know, both of you are right in your own way."

"NO one is wrong here, option 1: stay here see what happens, Stable lives, no one leaves."

"Option 2: We leave, vent the radiation inside, gives us enough time to get the hell out of here with everypony from the stable, but the stable will never be used again."

Sky looked at the two, a tear in her eyes. "I just want to go home, not this place, i left this place long ago, but home to stableton. My new home, the one i built." Sky said as she walked to the two, a bit of rage in her eyes. "Just hurry up and choose, if im stuck here then im stuck but i would really love to go back home. This place is nothing but memories that need to be buried, but its better to go with Arc's plan. If that reactor does survive for another 100 years, what then. Wait for it to overload, dooming the ponies with no way out because the outside is fill with enough radiation to kill everypony as soon as they step out of the door. What then we be dead, yeah but will any pony have the resources to make another reactor? Nope, there are none. Going outside is our best bet of not dooming everypony to a death sentence, out there they have a chance of living, no one gets a free pass, but here. They are doomed to die for no reason, can we please go with Arc's idea and vent inside?"

Sky finished her rant, breathing really hard as she had tears starting to pour a bit from her eyes. She really didn't want to speak about it, she said her piece. Yet she felt pain as she said it, she never liked to say her opinion on stuff for the fear of hurting other ponies. But what was done is done and nothing can stop that, Just see what Starry had to say now.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 pm

"Actually..." Jasmine sought an opening into the conversation carefully. It seemed like this discussion was getting a little too heated, so she chose her words carefully.

"Conthidering that the thtable wath meant to be a thelter from an unlivable world...If it'th pothible to live outthide, it would make thenthe to let everypony leave if they wish...The thtable hath outlived it'th purpothe if what you ponieth thay ith true..."

Jasmine's eyes darted as she thought to herself before springing up into the air flying in place.

"And that meanth a new world full of dithcoverieth! I wonder how equethtria hath been effected by yearth of radiation. I'm guethhing that it lookth like a dump, but thereth opportunity for tonth of rethearch and adventure!"

Jas perked up to her old self again as she flew over to her sister, getting within a nose's distance. Historical photos were Jasmines's primary reference for what the world would look like.

"MAYBE... A little fresh air ith jutht what mom needth to thmile again! Thtarry, maybe I'll get to thhee wild flowerth, or the thun eminating a natural thourthe of radiathion down on uth at all timeth!"
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:06 am

Starry could only muster a weak smile at Jasmine's enthusiasm. Starry didn't want these stable ponies to witness the horrors of the wastes. Sure, they were not safe here, but once Jack was taken care of, all the ponies in the stable would be safe; Starry could stop worrying about her sister, her family, and her stable.

Starry sighed, barely suppressing a tear. "I guess nopony in this world gets to live in a bubble. Those days of blissful ignorance are over, none of us can be safe. It's not fair anyway, I suppose, that some ponies have the luxury of living comfortably in a stable, while others suffer just outside their stable walls."

Starry couldn't afford a moment to hesitate. She lifted her hoof, and in one fluid motion, pressed the button to leak radiation into the stable. There was no turning back now.

"We have no shelter now; no place to run and hide when the horrors of the waste overwhelm us. If Equestria dies again, we die with it."
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 am

"N-no," stammered Moon Shine, in response to any number of Flash's questions. He cowered a bit as Lightning began stepping forward. "B-but Jack told me to!"

Lemon Drop nuzzled her face into Bakewell's neck, trying to drown out the noises around her. Moon Beam just huddled up against the wall of the corridor, the pain in his eye was drowning out his other senses anyway.

As Flash approached, Moon Shine became visibly more nervous. Lightning's attempt at persuasion was not comforting him well, and Moon Shine pulled the trigger.

*click*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a dull hiss could be heard throughout all the stable, emanating from the stable's ventilation shafts, and a faint warmth could be felt as radiation very slowly began to seep throughout the stable.

The clip was empty. Moon Shine didn't really have time to run, or to panic. Lightning was already in front of him. Moon Shine fell to the ground, and covered his head with his hooves. Maybe if he ignored Flash, he'd go away.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:54 am

Arc stepped away from the control panel of the reactor. Lights started to turn green, at least those still intact, and dials returned to more sane values.

Good... and having no place to run to Starry? All the incentive we'll ever need to not fuck up again.

"Alright everyone, we have roughly three days before this place starts to get really uncomfortable, so I suggest you set a clock timer on your pip-bucks. Now, Starry, I suppose we should find others and get this done with. Will you lead the way?"
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Lightning listened to the foal's answer and as he approached, he knew that Moon Shine was slowly becoming more and more nervous. His words wasn't having as...profound of an effect as he expected and now stuck standing in front of him, there was no way to back out now. The pegasus waited for the bullet to come flying out and strike him but...nothing happened. Just an audiable click.

It was then that Lightning realized that the clip was empty and that he just dodged a bullet...literally. He perked his ears up at a hissing noise and looking down at Moon Shine, he couldn't help but feel mercy for the young foal. He would gently rub the foal's head and murmer, "It's ok...It's going to be ok. I know you don't want to disappoint Jack but Jack is not in charge of you. You are...You have the power to make your own desicions..." Looking back at Bakewell and at Lemon Drop, he knew that they couldn't just leave these foals here to just run back to Jack. Lightning quickly turned back to Moon Shine and whisper, "I know this is hard. And I know you don't really trust me. But right now, I really need you too. I'm not here to hurt you. I promise you that. I only want to help. Please, come with me and we'll get help for your friend over there..."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 am

Shutter gave a sigh, as he felt the warmth strike. There was no going back...but Jasmine and Sky were right, the entire point of the Stable, first and foremost, was to keep everyone safe untill they could rebuild.

"Okay...Now, if we're going to evacuate the stable, then first thing we need to do is find Flash and the others, and then get our parents safe...I have no doubt that Jack would go after them when we start evacuating everyone. The only place I can think of where there aren't any security cameras for Jack to find them with are the inside of the storage bays, but we'll need to make sure the cameras are on OUR side on the way there...and I think Jasmine and Starry could help me with that goal..."

With that, he turned towards the two aforementioned mares.

"You two are really good with computer and science stuff, right? Well, I've been thinking...Jack can access the communication systems from the overmare's office...but I could do something similar from my old workplace, it's how I made the news reports and sent the newsletters. If you two did some work on my computer, maybe we could get into the overmare's computer through those systems? Once we get to those cameras...the next part will have to wait until tomorrow. Jack's holding a meeting, so he'll be away from the overmare's computer, and thats when we can strike..."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:05 am

Starry nodded. "We could do that, Shutter. The loudspeaker systems might be a cinch since you've already got the system set up in your office, it'll only be a matter of reversing permissions. The cameras might be tricky, though, since I don't know that monitoring software was ever shared with your terminal. At best, we could try to interfere with Jack's signal."

Starry tried to shield herself from any regrets as she trotted over toward the door. 'Now wasn't the time for second guessing,' Starry thought. There would be time for that later, right now Starry needed to focus on the task at hand.

"Let's get going toward your room, then, Shutter. We'll want to plan out as much as possible before tomorrow."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:14 am

Bakewell continued to hold Lemon drop, not even really noticing the scene between Flash and Moon Shine beyond being aware that nopony had died.

Something was wrong, though. The cook perked her ears forwards and listened carefully as a noise drew most of her attention away from the foal she was holding. It was hissing, like some pony taking a huge breath through their teeth. She couldn’t remember the stable ever making such forboding sounds.

“Flash? Violet?” She asked nervously. “What’s that noise?”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm