Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

Lord of the Foals[Closed]

Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Re: Lord of the Foals[Closed]

Post by Bakewell Tart on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Bakewell stared down at the crying filly. Something moved inside the mare’s chest, but she ignored it. It would only bring more pain.

Monster.

“There isn’t a “home” anymore, Lemon. And no amount of tears or puppy dog eyes is going to fix it. Because it’s ruined. Take a good look around you, this is the last you’re going to see of this place. They’ve taken it away. Jack and Starry and everypony else.” Bakewell snorted, turning away and beginning to stomp ahead.

“Carry her, Flash. She’s still hurt and she isn’t going to want to be anywhere near me. Get Violet to stick close to you in case she decides to backstab you, and for Celestia’s sake somepony stop that sobbing before I throw up. We’re going to go from room to room and get our ponies out of here. They’re going to be expecting us to be big heroes and try to save the buffalo, so we’re leaving them until we get everypony else oute. We’ll start with Lemon’s family, since Flash’s most likely know and are acting already and Jack won’t be expecting us to go to a random foal’s home. Somepony find out where she lives. Double check it with your memories to make sure she isn't leading us to security or something.”
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Lightning watched with silence as Bakewell interrogated Lemon Drop, seeing the anger rise up in the earth pony. He had to admit, seeing Bakewell angry did not settle well with Lightning but he was sure that his own anger had bubbled up many times from his time here and it probably worried the others as well. But from what Lemon Drop was saying, the pegasus didn't get the impression that the foal was involved in any of this. But seeing how Lemon Drop broke down, his mind was made up. Lemon was innocent.

Lightning was rather surprised to see Bakewell snap out of her depression which had plagued her since her return to the stable but now she was giving him orders. This was a shock. And something the pegasus wasn't sure if he was okay with. But with a nod, he did what he was instructed. The stallion picked up Lemon Drop and set her on his back to cry. "Lemon, where is your home?" Turning to Bakewell, he would add, "We're close to the room where my parents were. Let's check in first and...see if they are alright. And then we'll start evacuations." He couldn't help but say as a last side note, "Bakewell...are you going to be alright?"
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:04 am

Bakewell stopped on a dime and glowered back at Flash when he dared suggest a change to the plan. Her plan.

“They’re not fine. Nopony is fine, featherface. But whatever. We’ll check up on your precious darling parents, since that’s all you seem capable of thinking of. Or have you been so busy being a broken record that you’ve forgotten the fact that you’re not the only one with a family? As disgusting and worthless as the sacks of flesh may be, I don’t even know if my father survived the initial hell because we’ve spent the entire time worrying about your relatives. So you’re going to make this quick. Got it? If you start having a prolonged Celestia-damned touching moment I will come over there and drag you out kicking and screaming by your little wings. After those buffalo are slaughtered they’re going to head for our parents’ rooms and start slaughtering them.”

When Flash asked if she was going to be alright, the large mare scoffed and turned back towards their location, hiding her face so he couldn't see her leaking eyes. Never let them see the eyes.

“What? Just because I grew bored of everypony pushing me around like a damp moldy rag, something’s suddenly wrong with me?”

I’m not going to be okay.

“I’m the best I’ve been since leaving the stable. There’s nothing left to lose! Somepony has already destroyed everything I’ve ever cared about! Congratulations, you won! I’m fucking free, Flash! And now there’s going to be some major changes to how you treat me. How everypony treats me…”

I need a hug. I need my parents. I need to go home. This is a nightmare. I just want to wake up.

“…or else. Now move.”
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:59 am

Lightning simply frowned toward Bakewell's reaction to his suggestion of changing the plan. Normally, such comments about him and his family would get words of anger tossed back from the pegasus. However, the conditions here demanded that they didn't have an argument, one for the sake of time. And two, they need and depended on each other. Right now, Bakewell and himself, they had been a team up to this point. And that is what made Lightning force down his natural instinct and instead chose to go for a more, hopefully, comforting approach.

"Bakewell, I haven't forgotten about the other ponies. I haven't forgotten about your parents or Starry's or Shutter's or any of the other ponies that had lived in this Stable. They were all my friends. Just like they were to you. We had heard what Starry and Shutter had said. We need to evacuate the ponies. Any of them we can save. Now...I want to get my parents and the other injured ponies out. And I'm sure you want your mother AND your father to get out safely as well. I don't care how long I will spend with my parents right now as long as we all can get out safely. That is the only way I can guarantee that I will have more time to spend with my parents."

Lightning paused for a second, watching Bakewell turn away from him when he had asked her for her condition, "No. That doesn't make something wrong with you. But I just want to say...please don't try to push me away. Our real enemy is Jack. The fight isn't between us. It's between us and Jack. You may have lost your home. I did as well. You had lost many things. I did as well. But there is one thing that I can say for sure that you have NOT lost and that is me. I will still be your friend, Bakewell. Through the good and the bad and whether you like it or not. I know the real 'you' is still in there somewhere. But if this is your plan, let's not spend any more time than we have too here, hmm?"

With that, Lightning brought his assault carbine back up and began to move down the halls, heading for the room where his parents were first but then making a mental map in his head of where they had to go, Lemon Drop's room next, then Bakewell's parents, then all the rest. Any foals that dared get in their way, Lightning was prepared to put down.
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:27 am

Violet was silent as Starry and Shutter came over the intercom, although what they said only confirmed the worse. Radiation was being vented to stop a core meltdown, and unless everypony wanted to see first-hoof what radiation sickness was like they needed to get the heck out of town. Also buffalo are being locked into cages...Because...Jack hates buffalo? She couldn’t think of another reason, it seemed like just another one of those stupidly evil things ponies like Jack did. Just another thing to add the the list of reasons he needed to be stabbed in the face at some point.

Violet quickly started to analyze the situation, thinking up possible plans given their situation.

If Bake and Flash go and help evacuate ponies, I could go and check out this buffalo situation, should be easy enough to sneak past anypony. I’m going to need a knife tho-

“To shove Shutter and Starry back into that locker I found them in and slam the door on their faces until nothing’s left.” came a familiar voice to her side, however the words didn’t fit the voice at all.

...What?

Her head whirled around towards Bakewell, her friend suddenly...Snapping, and viciously threatening Lemon. While she couldn’t say it wasn’t something she herself wouldn’t do if she thought the filly knew something that she needed to know now, although a knife and veiled threats referencing anatomical parts would have probably been involved, she wasn’t sure if Lemon had any information like that.

The breakdown the filly had furthered that suspicion.

Bakewell didn’t let up though, it was if the mare went through a complete personality change. And for the worse.

“...Bakewell?” Violet said, poking the mare, although she didn’t seem to notice, still going on her tirade. This was bad, the shear stress of all of this must have gotten to Bakewell, there was no other explanation for this.

...Although she did have to wonder...”To shove Shutter and Starry back into that locker I found them in...”

That implied she actually did something like that once...

She would have to wonder about that later though, first she would have to try to break Bakewell out of...This.

She tried getting the mares attention again, several more times in fact as she lashed out verbally at Lightning, the buck responding with a much calmer voice, although it didn’t seem to do much to snap Bakewell out of it. Violet would have to try herself.

...And she’d have to be careful, Bakewell look likely to lash out at someone if they got her angry, physically. Getting her face broken in was not on her ‘To-do’ list for the day.

...She’d also have to remember that Bakewell wasn’t in her right mind right now, and shouldn’t be held accountable for...Anything, she said.

With that noted, Violet took a deep breath, and closed her eyes. Her expression hardened as she opened them, the lights of her eyes each a blazing pool of shining light, a completely solid glow that hid her grey irises.

Please let this work please let this work please let this work please don’t horribly backfire please let this work...

“BAKEWELL!” she shouted at the top of her lungs, finally catching the mare’s attention. “You need to CALM DOWN. You’re not thinking rationally, and you aren’t thinking like yourself! You need to stop for a second and look at what you’re doing! What you’re saying! This isn’t you!”

She looked towards Lemon. “You don’t need to scare a filly so bad she’s practically wetting herself, she clearly doesn’t know anything and she’s unarmed, she’s not strong enough to do anything to us. Backstabbing only works when you have something to backstab someone with.”

Although if she does she won’t live to regret it.

Turning back to Bakewell, she started again. “Bakewell, I know this all has been incredibly hard for you, your father, as you said, may be dead, something may have happened or happen to your mother, and right now there’s an evil brat that has turned your home into some evil dictatorship where he does stupidly evil things just because he’s stupid and he can. And we’re going to make him pay for that. Your entire life is crumbling apart around you, again. You're losing your home after just getting it back. “

She took a breath, she was somewhat reluctant to say this next part in front of Lightning and Lemon but she needed to make sure she got through to Bakewell.

“Bakewell, I know what that feels like, I lived through that. You know I can’t go back to Friendship City, at least while showing my face. The only ponies there that don’t think I’m a freak are the ones at the clinic, everypony else can’t see anything else but the eyes, even my own parents. I can’t go home again. I know how how heart wrenching it is to lose the place you’ve lived most of your life in is. True if I’m sneaky enough, and I am, I can return to the city, but it’s not the same, it’s not my home anymore, my home’s gone. It might as well have been pumped with radiation when I left.”

She shook her head, bringing those memories back was clearly...Unpleasant.

“The point is Bakewell...You need to pull yourself together. This is not you, you shouldn’t be acting like this. We need the real Bakewell back for this, not ‘I want to smash ponies into lockers’ Bakewell. And I...I...”

Her face softened, the expression going from stern to...Sad. The fire in her eyes died down, to the point you could see the dark grey iris under the glow again.

“...I need my Bakey back...”
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:30 am

Well, that thing's busted... still, not going to leave it here, might get some life out of it later.[i] Arc looked up and saw Sky finishing the search of the body. Only now Arc realized the full implications of what just happened.

They let them in. Goddesses know how long they have followed them, but they must have slipped inside when Jack opened the airlock. [i]So not only we vented the reactor, we let... we let Red-Eye's people in. No. Not now Arc, you have to keep moving. Just a few whiles longer. To the overmare's office, finish this thing, get out, get back home... and then.
    Arc took few deep breaths to calm down.

"Alright. Sky, no idea how many of them are around here, or how many we have just alarmed of our position, we have to keep moving. Hopefully few of them found the parasprites in the maintenance tunnels."

Arc turned back and started to trot in the direction they were originally heading, the secondary access to the overmare's office. He hoped Sky would follow.

HP: 265
    DT: 23
    AP: 35
    RM: 7
    Crit Threshold: 96
    Botch Threshold: 5
    Dodge: 15
    S 4 – P 7 – E 5 – C 7 – I 10 – A 5 – L 6

Defences
    Ranged: 83
    Close: 58
    Explosives: 59
    Passive Defence: 11
    Weapons
    Arcanic blast: Frost - Hit: 16 - Damage: 26, Frost effect - AP: 12 - Range: 15 meters
    Plasma Rifle – Hit: 32(+5) – Damage: 45(+5) – Crit: ×2 – AP: 12(+1) – Cap: 12
    Firefly RCPW - Hit: 32(+5) - - Damage:(15(+5))×3 - Crit:×2.0 - AP: 8(+1) - Cap: 60
    Knife – Hit: 6 – Damage: 12 – Crit: ×1 – AP: 4

Perks/Traits
    Arcanic Blast: Frost
    Combat coordinator:
    Buck Rodgers: +5 dam with EW weapons
    Trigger discipline: +5 Hit for +1AP
    Lunar sight: +5 to rolls in low light conditions
    Leader: +1AGI(+2AP) and +2DT to everyone around
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Lemon Drop tried to wipe away the tears, as the verbal assault from Bakewell came to a close and Bakewell was consoled by her friends. She felt obligated to say something.

"Y'know, the only reason Jack beat up your dad so much is because you beat up a bunch of his favorite ponies. Maybe if you said you're sorry, and showed that you're not the mean, horrible pony that everypony thinks you are, he might be nice?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over in the Atrium, Jack had made the most hideous face when his position had been announced. He was also incredibly bitter at being outsmarted by a couple of dorks.

He had finished placing his charges, and the other pony in the room reached from underneath his hood and tossed a gas-mask toward Jack, before wearing a second one.

Jack strapped the mask to his face, before pulling out a pistol, and firing several shots at the canisters in the center of the room. From each of them poured a noxious green gas, which slowly began to fill the room.

Jack then pointed the gun toward the security camera, and fired.
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:47 pm

“Jack? Jack’s no different from me, Flash. A bunch of idiots stumbled into his world and ruined everything. There’s nothing he can do about it, the difference between me and him is that he refuses to believe that it’s too late to fix anything. The sniveling brat still thinks he can make a difference.” Bakewell scoffed, continuing to stomp towards their destination.

“And save the sap. This is th- CELESTIA’S SAKE. WHAT, VIOLET? WHAT DO YOU WANT?” She yelled, the latter half coming when the purple filly finally became too loud and distracting to ignore. To her credit, Bakewell did listen to everything Violet had to say and refrained from cutting the pony off even if it was done with a twisted scowl upon her countenance.

“Violet…” Bakewell sighed sadly once the mutated unicorn was done. “Violet, Violet, Violet… You just don’t get it at all. Neither of you do.” And then the scowl was back. The sadness replaced with anger once more.

“Flash, don’t you remember anything about the Stable before we left? Anything about me at all? You two can excrete that disgusting sugary syrupy…“ Here her voice rose in a pale imitation of Violet’s as the beige mare fluttered her eyelids “Oh, Bakey-Wakey. Snap out of it, this isn’t you…” only to quickly fall into normal angry tones once more. “…drek from your mouth-holes as much as you want. This is the real me. It always has been. Your precious little “Bakey” is a lie, Violet, and as much as I wanted it to be true I just can’t live like that anymore. What’s the point in giving when nopony gives back? What’s the point of minding your tongue when nopony cares? What’s the point of trying to be better when ponies only notice enough to take advantage of you? There isn’t one! All my so called ‘friends’ have ever done is take advantage of me for their own needs. Zestari was lost in a new land and needed a place to live. Scrap Parts was alone and needed to feel wanted. Even you!” She adjusted her gait to point an accusing forehoof at Violet. “You’re my friend because you don’t want to feel completely alone! How many other options did you have? How many friends are willing to look past your taiiiiiialant. Talent. Glowing eyes is a shit special talent unless your lifelong dream is of being a flashlight.”

“As for your home, that’s not the same thing at all. You can’t go back because nopony likes the thought of a spy watching them from the ventilation shafts. Your home still exists. All of the familiar faces are still alive and well. There’s still something left. Even if it’s not for you there’s that little bit you can look back on. In case you didn’t notice, I’m quickly about to lose that because of two of my so called “friends”. But I am thinking rationally. I have pulled myself together, and it only took a couple of years to do so. Your Bakey is gone, blame yourself, blame Jack, blame Starry. Blame whoever you want except me it’s not my fault. I tried."

It could have ended there. Maybe it would have ended there had Lemon not thrown her towel in. Upon hearing about Jack beating her father, Bakewell slowly turned her glare to the little filly.

“Jack did what? Ooh. That mother bucker is dead." She fumed. "He’s so dead. I hope the brat likes radiation, because he’s not leaving this place. Ever.” But there was something else here, something Bakewell’s mind screamed about until addressed. Any pony who thought

“Say you’re sorry and the villain will stop trying to exterminate an entire race as well as everypony you have ever known and loved” was a viable course of action was not ready for the horrors of the wasteland. The innocence was something special, and even in her maddened state, a part of Bakewell wanted to preserve it.

“Lemon. You don’t seem to want to tell us about your parents. If they’re gone or if they don’t make it out I’ll find you a home. I don’t know where, but I’ll find some place as safe as I can.”
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:48 am

Lemon paused for a moment, as the cogs went to work inside her head. Soon, the lightbulb flashed, and Lemon couldn't help but snicker, even after Bakewell had said such a sweet thing. She had tried to hold it in as best she could, but her laughter slipped out nontheless.

"No, silly! I mean your dad! He thinks you're a monster, we all do. Jack's not going to forgive you no matter what, but your dad is your dad, he has to forgive you."
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:53 am

Shutter would listen to Jasmine's idea, as he gave a nod. That actually didn't sound too bad...you didn't need door controls to be able to lock down the reactor and trap anyone in there inside...

"That's not too bad Jazz, but it's not gonna be easy to trick him in there, he's going to be on his guard now..."

However, with those words, a devilish grin suddenly crossed Shutter's face, as an idea jumped to mind. You would never believe this was the same earth pony who little more then a few minutes ago, had almost completely given up. That positive energy from Starry and Jasmine was apparently ridiculously infectious.

"...But maybe if we piss him off enough, we can get him so mad that he won't even be bothering to think that it could be a trap, if he can get the chance to kill one of us! We just need to keep announcing their movements, and pepper him with a few verbal jabs, and then finally set him up for the fall!"

HP: 215
    AP: 36
    RM: 6
    Crit Threshold: 90
    Botch Threshold: 3
    Dodge: 18
    S 3 – P 8 – E 4 – C 6 – I 6 – A 6 – L 8

Defences
    Ranged: 73
    Close: 55
    Explosive: 59
    Passive: 48

Weapons
    .45mm pistol – Hit: 14 – Damage: 29 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 8 – Cap: 7
    Harmony Reinforcer – Hit: 30 – Damage: 8 (+5) – Crit: ×2.5 – AP: 12 – Cap: 30
    Knife – Hit: 6 – Damage: 11 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4
    Unarmed – Hit: 7 – Damage: 8 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6
    (plus any other weapons you might have purchased)

Perks/Traits
    Lunar Sight: +5 to hit in dark or night.
    Foal at Heart: +3 RM with children
    Like a Bullet: +3 to Readiness rolls.
    The Professional: +10 Damage with pistol sneak crits.
    Clever Prancer: +3 Crit to enemies, -3 Crit against self.
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 am

Violet’s expression darkened as Bakewell shot back with her reply. She wouldn’t call this a backfire, but it clearly wasn’t a success.

The words hurt, they really did. But Violet ignored that, she knew this wasn’t the real Bakewell, she didn’t really mean any of it. There was no way. She didn’t care what Bakewell said, this wasn’t the real her. That’s what she told herself, at least...

There was still something there, at least. She didn’t say anything about her taint, she offered to help Lemon find a home once this was all over. Her Bakewell was still in there, and she would do whatever it took to get her out again.

Even get her face broken, although hopefully it wouldn’t come to that.

“Bakewell.” she started, the fierce blaze in her eyes returning again. “I didn’t become your friend because I was lonely, because I wanted someone to care about. I’ve lived alone for two years, alone in the waste, just fine without friends.”

It’s only partially a lie...

“I didn’t decide I wanted to be your friend because I desperately needed somepony, did I look like that when we met on that caravan? No, I wanted to be your friend because I could tell you where a good pony, that you were somepony I could trust with my secrets, that you were somepony I didn’t want to see get hurt.”

She waved a hoof at the stable surrounding them. “Where you a bad pony in here? Before? Maybe, I can only guess.” Although given what she’s heard she could give a pretty accurate guess. “But do you know what Bake? I don’t care. At all. I don’t give a damn. Do you know why? Because you weren’t that pony anymore, and you still aren’t. You could have been bad as Jack and I wouldn’t care, because that isn’t you anymore.

She took a step towards Bakewell, standing right in front of her and looking up, right into the mare’s eyes.

“I don’t care what you say. You’re still Bakewell, you’re still my Bakewell. Would Mean Bakewell offer Lemon over there a home? No, I don’t think she would, she would've just said “Shut the fuck up and don’t say anything else”. You didn’t do that. You comforted her, you promised you’d make sure she was taken care of once this was all over. Mean Bakewell would have said something about my...My...” her mind fumbled over what to say, no sufficient euphemisms coming up. So she just said it, although quietly, hopefully quiet enough that Flash or Lemon wouldn’t hear. “...Mutations. You didn’t, you deliberately hid that, and yes, I noticed. Mean Bakewell wouldn’t care if the entire world knew, she wouldn’t of cared enough about your promise to keep it. Mean Bakewell also wouldn’t of bothered with actually talking and listening to us. You’re a strong pony, if you really wanted to you could have just hurt us until we shut up, it wouldn’t be that difficult for you. But you didn’t.”

Violet breathed in and out, letting what she said sink in. “Bakewell, you are not a bad pony, not anymore. Whatever you did in here over a year ago, it doesn’t matter. As far as I’m concerned you’ve redeemed yourself enough to make up for anything you did. Whatever pony you were back then, you aren’t that pony anymore, you changed. And you need to realize that, and realize that the pony you think is a ‘lie’ is the real you. And I’m not letting up until you do, I don’t care about what you say or do to me.” Violet stood there, unblinkingly looking into Bakewell’s eyes...

...Until Lemon made her comment...

...And then that filly was subjected to a terrifying glare from Violet, her glowing eyes blazing like two white suns. It was as if she was staring into her very soul, and burning it to ash with her glare.

You...” she snarled, a very dark undertone being added to her voice. “Be. Quiet. I don’t care what you, or Jack, or anypony in the entire world think. Bakewell is not a monster, and the next pony to say that will have to answer to me. Is that clear?”
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:16 am

"I didn't say she's a monster!"Lemon Drop snapped back, "I said she was a monster. But nopony else here knows she changed, do they?"
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Lightning shook his head as Bakewell spoke, the mare continuing to put up a fight and use her anger to fuel her hate. The stallion knew that it was pointless to continue fighting but he couldn't help but feel a shot of anger rise up in him. The mare was focusing her anger in the wrong places and it was almost as she wanted to drive him and Violet away. He thought the conversation ended once Violet spoke and he continued his walk until suddenly, Lemon Drop spoke up and that made the pegasus freeze. 'Oh, come on...' he thought. Those words weren't going to help Bakewell! And it obviously didn't as she snapped back at the foal.

However, one little sign showed itself as surprisingly, or maybe not that surprisingly, Bakewell showed a sign of good will. Which meant the real Bakewell, the one that he had befriended, was still within her. Glancing back toward the earth pony, he listened half-heartedly as he was trying to keep an eye out for enemies and therefore, didn't keep his full attention on the conversation. However, he could hear the females behind him snapping at one another so, to cut the conversation, Lightning turned around and simply said, "We're here."

Lightning hesitated in opening the door though, taking the time to say, "Look into yourself, Bakewell, and see if you can tell yourself that this is indeed the real 'you', a pony that enjoys to hurt and bully others. If so, then fine. Let us finish this and then we can deal with whatever is left afterwards. If this is not, then understand that we are still YOUR friends. That we are here for YOU. You can continue to push us away but..." Lightning glanced down at Lemon Drop and added, "You still care about Lemon and we still care about you. Now let's get our heads back on track and get this job done." Only then, did Lightning open the door to the room, only to discover that his father was gone but some others and his mother were still there.
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:37 pm

“Just fine, Violet? Were you really?” Bakewell asked. “Because I did that whole friendless thing for a year, too. Except I was inside my own home town that me and the other Stable ponies worked to build. Surrounded by faces I knew but couldn’t befriend. When I finally did get a friend, do you know who it was? Not a fellow Stable pony, no, it was a random traveling zebra who chanced by. Glad to know I’m so disposable to you, though. Not that I didn’t know it already.”

Bakewell would have been content to keep moving, barely listening to Violet’s words about not caring about what the mare had done back during her life within the Stable's walls, but the mare was forced to listen once more after the purple filly became a direct obstruction to Bakewell’s path.

“Look, Vi.” Bakewell groaned “I don’t have some sort of mental disorder. Okay? I’m not sick. I’m not swapping between personalities on a whim. There isn’t a “Mean” Bakewell and a “Good” Bakewell. They’re all just me. Just me and the lies I’ve woven for you to fall into. I haven’t changed. Ponies don’t change in a day. I realize you don’t want to believe that I’ve been playing you for a fool, I understand that you want to live with the belief of a better me who gives a care about anypony but herself. Fuck, I wanted to believe it too, but it’s false. So if you would please move…”

But that didn’t happen, Lemon drop opened her mouth and pulled Violet’s attention away.

“Of course he does.” She sighed in response to her father, and for a brief moment a display of sadness flashed across her face before she managed to harden it once more the moment Violet and Lemon got into an argument. The mare was slightly concerned that the two young ponies would actually get into a physical fight that Violet would surely win.

“Celestia above. Who died and made me foalsitter? Oh wait. Everypony.” She snarled before suddenly hooking a hoof around Violet and roughly hoisting the bright-eyed friend up from around the purple-coated belly with her left forelimb; carrying the small pony awkwardly. “That’s enough out of you.” The beige chef snapped, continuing to move forward with an awkward three limbed gait as she tried to keep Violet’s limbs off of the ground.

-----

“About time.” Bakewell sighed when Flash said they had arrived “Go grab your parents so we can move on. I’ll help you carry one of them, but if one of my own parents need carrying I’m prioritizing them. Sorry, that’s just how it is. Now go on. Open the door and fetch your ponies.” She instructed, rolling her eyes at his words. She had always known that she was a horrible pony who enjoyed hurting others. It wasn’t a recent revelation. It was something she had perhaps known since before even leaving the Stable. But he did have one point that she had been wanting to bring up. Turning her attention away before the door even opened, Bakewell gave the limb holding Violet a quick and violent jolt to make sure she held the unicorn’s attention.

“As for you, little missy. Do you hear that clicking? The one coming from my pip-buck? Let me just remind you. That’s the sound of you slowly dying. So, as you put it earlier. ‘Shut the fuck up and don’t say anything else.’”
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Lightning's father made his way toward the atrium, along with the rest of his band of rebels. Jack and the mystery pony, meanwhile, made their way down the corridor. Jack was shooting cameras as they went, causing screens in the overmare's office to display only static. The two, Jack and Lightning's father, were on an intercept course. Jack had just shot out a camera, the moment Lightning's father had turned the corner. What happened between the two groups was a mystery.

What was happening inside the doctor's office remained a mystery, but neither the doctor nor Sundae had left, at least not while Shutter, Starry or Jasmine had been watching. Outside the office, on the wall directly opposite of the door, were a pile of bodies, slavers.

At that moment, something came barreling out of the atrium. It was a buffalo, and it looked furious. It charged down the corridor with unbridled bloodlust in it's eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lemon Drop stuck out her tongue at Violet behind Bakewell's back, after Bakewell scolded her. She took Bakewell's response as a victory.

Just then, Flash, Bakewell, Violet and Lemon could hear metallic sound of armored hoofsteps coming from down the corridor. Whoever it was, they were galloping fast.
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:27 am

Lightning simply shook his head as he opened the door while Bakewell spoke some more. But then, once he had opened the door, he already could tell something was wrong. Some of the adults are missing. Some were here like his mother. But...looking around, he couldn't see his father anywhere! Did Jack and his foals come take them? Or did they get up and walk away? He was about to turn around and tell the group behind him when suddenly, the sound of armored hoofsteps began echoing down the hall.

Armored hoofsteps...? Who in this Stable had armor?! No time to think about that. Got to keep the group safe. Completely ignoring Bakewell's current attitude, he snapped back into his leader attitude and yelled at them, "Somepony is coming! Get in here now!" The pegasus waited for the ponies to enter the room, if they did, before taking a firing position at the door and pointing his gun down the hall where the steps were coming from. The second this pony revealed himself as a threat, he was ready to open fire. "Let's do this..." he muttered to himself.
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:51 am

Starry was stuck contemplating how they'd put Jasmine's plan into action. The seconds were ticking away, as Jack made his way through the corridors... deeper into the Stable, toward the maintenance level.

"Quick! Jazz! Lay down some of your verbal mockery!" Starry said, pointing toward the mic. "If anypony can get on that colt's nerves, it's you! OH! I need to make an announcement!"

Starry grabbed the mic, before shouting into it. "Flash! Jack just ran into your father! I have no idea what happened! Jack and some mystery pony in a robe are heading down toward maintenance, they're in corridor C-9!"

HP: 313
    DT: 4
    AP: 45
    Crit Threshold: 97
    Botch Threshold: 7
    Dodge: 30
    S 4 – P 3 – E 7 – C 7 – I 9 – A 10 – L 4

Defences
    Ranged: 64.5
    Close: 98
    Explosive: 57.5
    Passive: 50

Weapons
    Broadsword – Hit: 48 – Damage: 44 – Crit: ×2.5 – AP: 8
    9mm pistol – Hit: 14.5 – Damage: 16 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 5 – Cap: 13
    Knife – Hit: 48 – Damage: 22 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4
    Unarmed – Hit: 11.5 – Damage: 4 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6

Perks/Traits

Combat Coordinator: Members of your party who roll a lower Readiness than you may act on your Readiness instead.

Horn's Akimbo: Dual-wielding penalty is reduced by 10

Leader: Party members within moving distance get +1 agility(up to racial max) and +2 DT.
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:26 pm

IJasmine hopped alongside Starry as she spoke into the microphone. "But don't worry about Jack too much. He'th afraid of the dark and doethn't go into battle without hith thtuffed parathprite "Fluffy McThnuggleton"! Hey bed wetter, it'th me Jathmine! If you want to meet me you're going the wrong way!"

Jasmine spoke into the microphone trying to sound as annoying as possible. She suddenly bursted out into a lisp-filled song, not really thinking about how far she was going.

"Jack o Jack don't be so glum- your cutie mark is of a bum! You can't lie, cuz we all see, you think one plus one will make up three. Your little brain can bearly work, the foals all think you're a stinky jerk! In the shadows I'll hide and wait, where there's a machine that can irradiate! YEAH!"

Jasmine took a few breaths after she got done singing before adding in, "That latht part meanth in the reactor room by the way..."
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:47 am

Jack and the cloak-wearing(who was holding a large object, concealed behind a cloth) pony emerged from the battle with Soarmeister, appearing in another camera unscathed. Then, Jazz began to speak into the intercom. Jack seemed absolutely livid. He nearly charged off down the corridor, but he was grabbed on the shoulder by the mystery pony.

The exchange between them was unheard, but after their conversation, they took off running the opposite direction. Jack had a wicked smile across his face. They were headed toward the residential area, and away from maintenance.

Lightning Flash aimed his weapon at the doorway, waiting for a pony to enter. Instead, the hoofsteps galloped past, eventually becoming more distant.

Before Lightning could relax, he heard hoofsteps again from down the corridor, the same direction the first hoofsteps came from. These hooves were smaller, and there were a lot more of them!

"Ooh!" Exclaimed Lemon Drop, who had heard the hoofsteps too. "It's my friends! HEY! OVER HERE!" She called to them, with a huge, innocent smile.
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Shutter would give a chuckle, as he joined Jasmine at speaking into the microphone.

"Oh come on now Jazz, thats no way to talk about the apparant 'leader' of the stable! Oh hey...if Jack's the leader, does that make him the new overmare? ...You know, I have to say, I always did suspect...Perhaps we should start calling her Jacqueline from now on!"

However, after that line, Shutter looked away from the mic towards the cameras.

"He's heading towards the residential areas...whats he up t-"

A wave of realization suddenly struck Shutter, as he jumped up.

"Damn! I bet anything that bastard is going for our parents! Starry, is there anything we can do from here?!"

HP: 215
    AP: 36
    RM: 6
    Crit Threshold: 90
    Botch Threshold: 3
    Dodge: 18
    S 3 – P 8 – E 4 – C 6 – I 6 – A 6 – L 8

Defences
    Ranged: 73
    Close: 55
    Explosive: 59
    Passive: 48

Weapons
    .45mm pistol – Hit: 14 – Damage: 29 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 8 – Cap: 7
    Harmony Reinforcer – Hit: 30 – Damage: 8 (+5) – Crit: ×2.5 – AP: 12 – Cap: 30
    Knife – Hit: 6 – Damage: 11 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4
    Unarmed – Hit: 7 – Damage: 8 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6
    (plus any other weapons you might have purchased)

Perks/Traits
    Lunar Sight: +5 to hit in dark or night.
    Foal at Heart: +3 RM with children
    Like a Bullet: +3 to Readiness rolls.
    The Professional: +10 Damage with pistol sneak crits.
    Clever Prancer: +3 Crit to enemies, -3 Crit against self.
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:14 am

Starry froze. This was a terrible idea! "We-uh, I uh, uhm," Starry bit her lip. "Turrets? No, they're probably all destroyed by now.

"Uh..." She glanced at the secret passage. "We can warn them! Tell them to escape, before Jack gets to them! Make an announcement, Shutter, I'm going to try opening the door!"

HP: 313
    DT: 4
    AP: 45
    Crit Threshold: 97
    Botch Threshold: 7
    Dodge: 30
    S 4 – P 3 – E 7 – C 7 – I 9 – A 10 – L 4

Defences
    Ranged: 64.5
    Close: 98
    Explosive: 57.5
    Passive: 50

Weapons
    Broadsword – Hit: 48 – Damage: 44 – Crit: ×2.5 – AP: 8
    9mm pistol – Hit: 14.5 – Damage: 16 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 5 – Cap: 13
    Knife – Hit: 48 – Damage: 22 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4
    Unarmed – Hit: 11.5 – Damage: 4 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6

Perks/Traits

Combat Coordinator: Members of your party who roll a lower Readiness than you may act on your Readiness instead.

Horn's Akimbo: Dual-wielding penalty is reduced by 10

Leader: Party members within moving distance get +1 agility(up to racial max) and +2 DT.
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:17 am

Violet was silent during her ‘Ride’, her mind trying to figure out just what the heck was going on with her friend. She didn’t believe as single thing about nothing being wrong with Bakewell, somepony doesn’t go through a personality change like this without SOMETHING being wrong.

But, it seemed she would have to worry about figuring that out later, as they were soon piling into a room to avoid the armored hoofsteps of...Something. She didn’t get a chance to actually turn her head to see what it was that was coming.

As Bakewell asked her question, Violet just raised an eyebrow at the mare, before twisting her body and getting out of the mare’s tenuous grip, leaping away and landing on her hooves a few feet away.

“Slowly is one way to put it. I saw the radiation gauge on your pipbuck, the radiation is being pumped into here so slowly that we’d need to be in here for hours before it actually starts making us sick. Unless anypony has plans to take a nice long nap we should be fine.”

The digital monitors on the pipbucks may be impossible for her to read, but she could read that little analog gauge just fine.

She turned towards the door and the wall surrounding it, eye’s glowing. The first thing she saw was a armored pony running past, a armored pony wearing armor with a very familiar insignia.

...One of Red Eye’s Slavers? What the...What are slavers doing here?!?

Following him were several of Jack’s minions, most of them recognizable. Mean Zebra Filly, the other ponies that were with Lemon, and a diamond dog pup.

At first, it looked like they were going to run past...Until Lemon shouted and caught their attention, their heads turning in unison. She shot the filly a sideways glare but said nothing, whether it was just stupidity or backstabbing she’d deal with it in a moment.

“...We’re about to have trouble. Bakewell, I’ll deal with you later, but right now I need your pistol. If it comes to fighting you can punch something, but I’m not as good at that.”

If Bakewell gave her the pistol, the filly would shove it behind her, putting a rear hoof on it, keeping it out of sight from the foals that were about to enter the room. If fighting broke out, she’d be able to kick it forward, lift it into the air, and start firing off shots. Guns weren’t her preferred weapon, but she didn’t see any good knifes in sight and she at least knew enough about them to use a small and simple one like the pistol easily enough.
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 am

Bakewell had hastily rushed into the room after Flash. It had been an idea the mare was fully intent on executing even before the blue pegasus gave any order, and she might have changed her mind solely to be contrary if such an option had presented itself. It was probably fortunate that options at the time were extremely limited.

Bakewell scowled when Violet proved the beige mare’s point irrelevant with her stupid smarts. After the danger passed the little unicorn was going to have to learn her place. Intelligence was all well and good, but it didn’t matter how strong your brain was or how fancy your freak mutations were when you were being shoved head-first into a toilet. At least this current encounter would be easy. The ponies outside didn’t seem overly interested in this room, so they would be fine unless something unpredicted shifted the passerby’s attention.

Something like Lemon Drop.

Bakewell’s eyes assaulted Lemon with a mixture of surprise, anger, and genuine hurt as the filly gave away their positions and doomed them all. They could have gotten everypony out. They could have gotten to Bake’s parents. But now they were going to be slowed at the luckiest, and dead at the least lucky. Bake’s ears splayed back involuntarily as the betrayal ran through her mind. She had promised so much for this foal. Promises like safety, comfort, trust, even a home. The disgusting whelp had repaid the gracious kindness with betrayal and charged the generosity with deceit.

Violet’s word choice didn’t make things any easier for the oldest pony in the group, either.

’I’ll deal with you later’

’I’ll deal with you…’

Bakewell gulped and kicked the gun to Violet, crouching down cautiously. She wasn’t going to rush and attack the moment a foal entered the room, but she wanted to be ready in case they entered shooting. The group of foals they had met Lemon in hadn’t been too interested in killing them, right? Maybe they would get fortunate again. Maybe Lemon would redeem herself and talk her friends down.
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Jasmine watched along with Shutter and Starry as they began to head to the residantial area. Jasmine stomped her hind hoof as she stared at the screen in disgust. "Aww COME ON! Jack'th thuppothed to head to the reactor!!!"

Jasmine placed her forehooves on her cheeks as her eyes began to widen. She looked toward the screen where Jack used to be. She hopped up and looked to them both.

"Thutter, Thtarry- I can try to warn them! I'm thuper fatht and can reach them quicker. It'th my fault I need to try to fix thith..."

Jasmine thought to herself about the foals, her knees became weak as her ears began to droop. In the back of her mind she still tried to figure out what went wrong. Singing never let her down before...
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Lightning was trying hard to keep his patience but with all the drama in his group, it was making it very hard not to yell at his friends. Especially that he was doing his best to keep the group alive and then Lemon Drop shouted out to her friends. Without a doubt in his mind, the pegasus was sure their position was revealed. His head would snap backwards to look at Lemon as he yelled, "Lemon Drop! Shut up!" Lightning turned his head back toward the hallway and narrowed his eyes. He was mentally preparing himself for anything right now.

(If foals appear and shoot, firing Assault Carbine x3, first target that appears, Roll Bonus: 50, 39 AP)

(Total AP Used: 39/45 AP)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:49 am