Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

Lord of the Foals[Closed]

Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Re: Lord of the Foals[Closed]

Post by Sub Warden on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:11 am

The foals ran toward the door. One of them pressed the button to open it. As it slid open, the ponies inside could see the blue glow of a shield behind the doorway, emanating from the expressionless face of Moon Shine. One of his eyes had a thick bandage over it, the other gazed lifelessly toward his shield. Behind him stood Einara and Moon Beam.

"Lemon! What are you doing with this ponies? Don't you know who they are?!" Einara snapped, from behind the glowing field. "Those are the two who broke into our base, and stole Gear! that little harlot-" Einara pointed her hoof at Violet, "flung a monitor at me!"

Moon Beam took an awkward glance at the zebra filly. "Einara, these are the ones Shine and I talked about! The ones that saved us from the bloatsprites! We should take them out with us!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack and the mystery pony galloped quickly. They made their way through the corridors with incredible speed, bumping into several slavers along the way. With great haste, they pushed their way into Shutter's home, before vanishing from the camera network. Several painful moments passed, before a voice came over the intercom.

"Well, well, well," Jack sneered derisively, "I hope Shutter's father was worth the price of mocking me, Jasmine. Consider it an act of mercy that I don't do the same to your mother! Now I- what? ... well, I... grrr! Have fun rotting in this Stable, Jasmine!"

With that final word, Jack went silent. Having received what could only be interpreted as prudent advice from his mysterious friend, the two left Shutter's home, and began galloping toward maintenance again.

That wasn't the only thing of interest on the security cameras, however. throughout the Stable, Jasmine Starry and Shutter could see buffalo charging through the hallways. They looked inhuman, savage, wild. Like they were possessed by some demonic urge.

One of them had already collided with a group of slavers, and the sight was not pretty. The buffalo had emerged from the battle with blood and gore streaked across it's face. The slavers were torn apart, with chunks of gore lining the walls.
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:01 am

Well, it hadn’t instantly diverged instantly into violence, at least.

“Oh, it’s you guys.” Bakewell said, relaxing. “I was wondering if you made it wherever you were going okay.” A small smile formed on her face as she walked easily towards the foals. Einara was very clearly going to be a female dog, and if being nice was a suitable means of frustrating the little zebra by completely and pointedly ignoring her existence, then it was worth the trouble. “Is… are you okay?” She asked Moon Shine, and the concern in her voice wasn’t as much of a mask as the mare had convinced herself to believe. Another small portion of her actions were undeniably influenced by the need for the foals’ shield to fall should things still go to blows.

Mostly, however, she just wanted to get out and get to her parents. She had to see them again. Perhaps it was the remnants of a year-long fantasy constructed to keep herself sane. Perhaps she was still holding on to the lie she had wanted to live. It was even slightly possible that she genuinely felt guilty. It was her goal to feed them the lie she had fed everypony else outside of the Stable, play sweet and innocent one last time to try and make those responsible for bringing her wretched hooves into the world feel good about their daughter for one single moment in their life before their impending death by irradiated Stable.

“Lemon and I were just going to go check on some ponies." She said, nodding at Lemon and moving close, the intent being getting close enough for the pony to swap to her back. If Flash or Violet were able to get through too, great. But the priority was her own adults, and the zebra's reaction to Violet suggested that the purple filly wouldn't be given any freedom. "Could you please let us past? We’ll be back super quick, and then we can go wherever you want.”
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Shutter was completely silent as he watched the screens, his face in a state of shock. Jack...may have just killed his father.

"...I should have stayed...why didn't I stay when he begged me to?"

All of a sudden, a rush of emotions swept through him, confusion, sadness, regret...but most prominently of all, fury. The young colt's face seemed to warp with rage, an emotion that didn't seem to fit him at all, yet was clear for all to see.

"...Starry...get the door open, and then shut it behind me. We need you two up here, monitoring the cameras and using the intercom.

I'm going to go to the security armoury, find a way in...and then I'm going down to the residentials. If Jack was telling the truth...then I swear, I will make sure that he will feel every single bit of pain that my father did!"

HP: 215
    DT: 23
    AP: 36
    RM: 6
    Crit Threshold: 90
    Botch Threshold: 3
    Dodge: 18
    S 3 – P 8 – E 4 – C 6 – I 6 – A 6 – L 8

Defences
    Ranged: 73
    Close: 55
    Explosive: 59
    Passive: 48

Weapons
    .45mm pistol – Hit: 14 – Damage: 29 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 8 – Cap: 7
    Harmony Reinforcer – Hit: 30 – Damage: 8 (+5) – Crit: ×2.5 – AP: 12 – Cap: 30
    Knife – Hit: 6 – Damage: 11 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4
    Unarmed – Hit: 7 – Damage: 8 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6
    (plus any other weapons you might have purchased)

Perks/Traits
    Lunar Sight: +5 to hit in dark or night.
    Foal at Heart: +3 RM with children
    Like a Bullet: +3 to Readiness rolls.
    The Professional: +10 Damage with pistol sneak crits.
    Clever Prancer: +3 Crit to enemies, -3 Crit against self.
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:56 am

Lightning frowned as he saw the foals appear at the door. He glared toward the zebra filly and if she wasn't behind a shield and if she was alone, the pegasus would have shot her already. But because they had two foals on their side, three if they counted Lemon Drop. So, Lightning held back the urge to start threatening.

However, with everything that has happened, Lightning just couldn't handle it anymore. Bakewell wanted to split off and he wasn't going to stop her. He had to get his mother and find his father before he can leave the stable. But what about his friends...? And Jack? The reactor? Lightning slowly lowered his rifle and sighed. Simply turning around and facing his back toward the foals, he would say, "Be careful out there, Bakewell." He nodded toward Lemon to get off his back before passing his rifle to Bakewell. He then walked over to his mother.

Gently, the stallion ran his hoof over his mother's face before slowly, he began to cry. Just all that pent-up emotion coming out right now. He could care less about the ponies around him. Even if they shot him in the back. He just...he just broke down crying. The odds were against him. They were always against him. What made him think that he could fight back?

Last edited by Lightning Flash on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Jasmine's eyes watched in horror as Jack went into Shutter's home. She never even thought that something like this could have happened. As his words reached her ears she covered her mouth with her hoof and gasped, her body tensing completely.

"NO! Oh godth no!"

Jasmine began to droop as she watched the screen, soon flopping down onto her flank. It was all her fault. Her being silly got Shutter's dad killed. For the longest time it helped keep her sane in the cold cruel halls of the stable, never did she think that she would be responsible for killing someone. She turned to Shutter and trotted up to him, throwing her hooves around him.

"OH THUTTER! THUTTER I'M THO THORRY! I didn't mean to- I'm thorry! I wath jutht trying to help, I..." Jasmine trailed off. She couldn't believe this. What did she expect Shutter to say anyways. She thought to herself that even if he did say its ok, it wouldn't erase what was done. Sorry's can't erase something like this. She was over run with guilt and desperation, she needed to make up for this.

"Pleathe, let me come with you! I need to make thure they don't do thith again."
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Shutter didn't respond for a moment, and when he did, he didn't even turn to look at Jasmine, his eyes locked on the door, waiting for it to open.

"It's not your fault Jasmine, it was my idea, and even then, it probably would have worked if that slaver wasn't with him.

You need to stay here with Starry, if they attack here and blow the door open, then two ponies will have a better chance of survival then one. Besides, I can sneak down to the armory, get a weapon, and get to the residential areas. I still have all my old hiding places, I can do this..."

With tha said, Jasmine would be able to hear a slight grind of teeth, as Shutter forced out the last words he had to say.

"...And I swear, if Jack was telling the truth, then I will not hesitate to find him, and show him everything the wastes has taught me during this year of madness. He wants to be buddies with slavers? Then he can die like them too, in the exact way they all deserve..."

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 am

Violet frowned as the shield was put up. She took her hoof off the pistol and kicked it into the air, before shoving it into her bag with a quick pull of her magic. The weapon secured, she stepped towards the shield, looking directly at the zebra on the other side. Bakewell may have ignored her, but Violet decided that she wanted to have a few words with her.

“Harlot?” she questioned while raising an eyebrow. “You use that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means. Pluuusss I’m sure it’s more appropriate for you." she added with a small smile. "As for that Gear pony, what exactly where you trying to accomplish there anyway? If you were trying to get information out of him you went about it in the worst way, normal cold-blooded torture usually doesn’t work if you want to get something, he’d probably just tell you want you want to hear rather than the truth. And if you were doing it just for kicks? Well, I stand by my decision to help get him out and throw a monitor at your face, because I doubt he deserved that. Plus I did decide to leave you alive afterwards, you should be thankful for that.”

Violet ear’s pricked as she heard…Something. Turning around she saw Lightning in the corner, having just broken down into tears. Her frown deepened. Everypony was breaking down around her, first Bakewell, although she seemed to at least be improving somewhat, and now Lightning. They needed to deal with Jack and get out of here with as many others as they could, fast.

“Look, we both did some things we may regret. Kind of. I threw a monitor at you, you called me a whore. What we have to remember that is important though, is that your Stable is currently getting pumped with deadly radiation, and who knows how long it’ll take until you’re puking your guts out. Also, your Stable has ALSO apparently been invaded by Red Eye’s Slavers, considering one of them just ran down the hall. I can only guess that somepony left the front door open and now they’re all over the place, tell me if I’m wrong.”

She was silent for a moment, before glancing at Moon Beam. “By the way, where are you ponies going anyway?”
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:49 am

Einara grinned widely. She was willing to let Violet's previous remarks stand, if it meant she got the chance to make an immediate and snarky reply to her question.

"The back door," she said mockingly. "Don't tell me you haven't figured it out; Ralph was the only one who knew the passcode to open the Stable door, and it's only been open once since you left, and that was when Ralph-"

Einara was interrupted by the sound of heavy hoofsteps coming down the corridor. They were approaching fast, getting louder quicker than some ponies would have time to react.

Moon Beam screamed, as he spotted a massive buffalo charging down the corridor. It was 'Little' Bighorn, who the stable ponies would recognize as the largest buffalo in the Stable since it's creation. It was something genetic, but he was almost literally the size of the entire corridor, with long, sharp horns.

Moon Beam dashed forward, grabbing Einara and Moon Shine in his arms. Moon Shine's shield evaporated instantly as he lost focus, and the three tumbled into the room. The buffalo charged forward, bashing his head into the doorway. Even though it wouldn't fit through the narrow corridor, the strength of the beast was great enough to bend the metal of the doorway. It was tearing through the wall!

Lemon Drop screamed, before pulling out her assault rifle, before firing at the beast through the doorway. The other three foals scrambled to get up to their hooves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack, in the meantime, had managed to trot his way to the border of the maintenance level. He descended the stairs, journeying past the watchful gaze of the ponies in the Overmare's office.

The ponies in the office could see Gear leaving the safety of Sky's home. He was injured, but he managed to procure a shotgun from within Sky's home. He began trotting his way toward the upper Stable.
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:13 pm

“Slavers?” Bakewell muttered. As if the situation needed to be any worse. Now she really needed to go find her- oh wait. The path was blocked again. Great.

“You have to be kidding me.” The mare groaned in frustration as the buffalo rammed the doorway, before noticing that the enraged animal was actually breaking through. She joined Lemon Drop in firing at the raging buffalo, but she was never good at aiming or shooting even a 10mm. The recoil of the rifle wasn’t something she knew how to account for. They needed somepony who could actually handle a gun like this.

“Flash!” She screamed. “Stop being a pathetic crybaby and help before this guy gets in and gives you something to really cry about! Your mother won’t even have a face to caress in a disgusting sappy moment if he breaks through.”
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Violet took a step back as the foals (and pup) tumbled in, drawing the pistol out of her bags as she too spotted the charging buffalo through the walls. She calmly watched as the buffalo started trying to smash its way in, Lemon already firing and the other foals clumsily trying to raise their guns. Lightning was still...Indisposed, although hopefully he’ll get up soon to help shoot at the thing. She didn’t approve of Bakewell’s method of ‘encouraging’ him though.

She took a few steps forward so that she was only a few feet away from the buffalo, she didn’t want to miss and she was sure she could dodge out of the way if he broke through. Closing one eye she aimed the pistol at the buffalo’s head, staring down the sights. She proceeded to unload every bullet into the buffalo’s head until the gun was dry.

[Guns 30, unload entire 10mm Pistol clip into the Buffalo’s head]

[Agility 10, dodge out of the way if the buffalo breaks through]
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Arc was about to start trotting towards their next stop, a heat exchanger unit deeper in the bowels of the Stable, but a stray though hit him. Gear. Arc turned to Sky with expression of utter fear, his eyes wide and his ears flapped back. "Sky... Gear. What if he got attacked by these cloaked slavers? What if he heard the gunshots and went looking for you?"

Arc started to rub his forehead, closing his eyes, trying to think. "Okay, okay... Sky, you still have working security clearance. You can easily run past the turrets. We'll... you know where is the spare spark plug cabinet?"

Sky nodded.

"Then there, now let's go." Arc cantered off in one direction, Sky in the opposite.

Right then. Now for the heat exchanging station.
    Right.
    Second door on the left, through the hall with power condensers.
    Down the hatch, don't get burned on the plasma conductor that has part of the isolation missing... we never got around to fixing that. Too late now, I guess.
    Third door...

(Trying to join Violet, Flash and the rest of that group.)

HP: 265
    AP: 35
    RM: 7
    Crit Threshold: 96
    Botch Threshold: 5
    Dodge: 15
    S 4 – P 7 – E 5 – C 7 – I 10 – A 5 – L 6

Defences
    Ranged: 83
    Close: 58
    Explosives: 59
    Passive Defence: 11
    Weapons
    Arcanic blast: Frost - Hit: 16 - Damage: 26, Frost effect - AP: 12 - Range: 15 meters
    Plasma Rifle – Hit: 32(+5) – Damage: 45(+5) – Crit: ×2 – AP: 12(+1) – Cap: 12
    Firefly RCPW - Hit: 32(+5) - - Damage:(15(+5))×3 - Crit:×2.0 - AP: 8(+1) - Cap: 60
    Knife – Hit: 6 – Damage: 12 – Crit: ×1 – AP: 4

Perks/Traits
    Arcanic Blast: Frost
    Combat coordinator:
    Buck Rodgers: +5 dam with EW weapons
    Trigger discipline: +5 Hit for +1AP
    Lunar sight: +5 to rolls in low light conditions
    Leader: +1AGI(+2AP) and +2DT to everyone around
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Lightning didn't register what was happening behind him. He didn't care anymore. The least he could do is spend the last moments of his life with his mother. He didn't even listen to Violet when she asked her questions. However, his attention was then summoned once more as one, a angry buffalo came crashing into the room. And two, Bakewell called him a crybaby, despite the fact that he didn't really blame her for that anyways. Doesn't matter now. His friends needed him and for the sake of his mother, Lightning's sadness has been let out through his crying. But his anger hasn't.

Lightning slowly rose to his hooves as he turned around with fire in his eyes. He reached over to his holster and drew his 10mm SMG in one motion before he leapt forward and yelled, "Concentrate your fire! Aim for his eyes and throat!" Narrowing his eyes, the pegasus let loose a volley of bullets, sure that he was going to hit his targets.

(Drawing 10mm SMG, 4 AP)

(Firing 10mm SMG x4, Little Bighorn, Roll Bonus: 50, 36 AP)

(Total AP Used: 40/45)
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:11 pm

"Alright, get going Shutter! I'll guide you using the security camera network, or at least what's left of it. But don't go looking for a fight! Jack and his friend took on Soarmeister and all his friends, without gaining so much as a scratch! We don't know what they're capable of!"

Starry turned to Jazz, to address her as well. "Jazz, can you follow Shutter to the armory and grab some weapons for us as well? Hopefully they have my sword in there, and some kind of weapon for you to use. I'm going to work on getting the Stable door open!"

HP: 313
    DT: 4
    AP: 45
    Crit Threshold: 97
    Botch Threshold: 7
    Dodge: 30
    S 4 – P 3 – E 7 – C 7 – I 9 – A 10 – L 4

Defences
    Ranged: 64.5
    Close: 98
    Explosive: 57.5
    Passive: 50

Weapons
    Broadsword – Hit: 48 – Damage: 44 – Crit: ×2.5 – AP: 8
    9mm pistol – Hit: 14.5 – Damage: 16 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 5 – Cap: 13
    Knife – Hit: 48 – Damage: 22 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4
    Unarmed – Hit: 11.5 – Damage: 4 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6

Perks/Traits

Combat Coordinator: Members of your party who roll a lower Readiness than you may act on your Readiness instead.

Horn's Akimbo: Dual-wielding penalty is reduced by 10

Leader: Party members within moving distance get +1 agility(up to racial max) and +2 DT.
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:33 am

Jasmine stared rather annoyed at Shutter as he told her to stay in the Overmare's office. Her gaze was locked on Shutter's eyes as her flat expression refused to budge to so much as crack a partial smile.

"Shutter, I'm coming with you. I don't need to be cooped up thith offithe- I've dealt with thethe foalth for the latht year of my life. And I'm thure Thtar can handle any creepieth that break in here. It doethn't take a geniouth to protect yourthelf againtht thethe monthterth. And thinthe she'th a geniouth her chantheth of thurviving mutht be like..." Jasmine trailed off for a moment before adding in, "...alot more!"

At the sound of Starry dismissing Shutter, her ears drooped slightly in disappointment as Shutter began to leave. As Starry mentioned her name her ears perked right back up as she turned to her sister to get a directive.

"You got it thith. I'll be thure to get your gun- AND perhapth a nithe gun or thomething!" The first firearm that came to Jasmine's mind was a 9mm pistol, Starry would need that high caliber weapon to protect herself. Jasmine made a note to herself to try and procure one for herself as well.
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:17 am

Starry shifted her gaze to Shutter. "Go on, Shutter, I'll look after things here, and help in whatever way I can. And don't worry about Jasmine. She may not be sneaky, but she's quick."

With that said, Starry turned and looked toward the screens on the wall, where she could see hordes of buffalo rampaging like wild beasts. On one of the screens, a buffalo was goring a slaver, and on another two buffalo were battering each other into bloody messes. "Uh oh," she said, before reaching for the PA system and speaking into it.

"Bad news, everypony! Hordes of rampaging buffalo are charging through the Stable corridors! Try not to die!"

HP: 313
    DT: 4
    AP: 45
    Crit Threshold: 97
    Botch Threshold: 7
    Dodge: 30
    S 4 – P 3 – E 7 – C 7 – I 9 – A 10 – L 4

Defences
    Ranged: 64.5
    Close: 98
    Explosive: 57.5
    Passive: 50

Weapons
    Broadsword – Hit: 48 – Damage: 44 – Crit: ×2.5 – AP: 8
    9mm pistol – Hit: 14.5 – Damage: 16 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 5 – Cap: 13
    Knife – Hit: 48 – Damage: 22 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4
    Unarmed – Hit: 11.5 – Damage: 4 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6

Perks/Traits

Combat Coordinator: Members of your party who roll a lower Readiness than you may act on your Readiness instead.

Horn's Akimbo: Dual-wielding penalty is reduced by 10

Leader: Party members within moving distance get +1 agility(up to racial max) and +2 DT.
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:26 am

The massive buffalo retracted it's head as bullets rained down upon him. Several shots glanced the sides of his skull. One blew off his ear, and another chipped one of his horns. After the buffalo drew it's head out of the doorway, the continued barrage of bullets rained down upon it's tough hide.

The diamond dog pup was still out in the corridor, Moon Beam hadn't been in the position to push him into the room. The pup had been firing upon the buffalo, and as the buffalo turned to face him, the beast found a new target.

The buffalo charged forward, battering the pup's chest with the blunt force of the beast's skull, and impaling the pup with it's one good horn, straight through the chest. The beast took off, charging down the corridor toward it's next target, leaving a long red streak across the corridor where the poor pup was being dragged across the wall.

The foals stared at the doorway, shocked, as the pup was carried away, his screams drowned out to mere gurgles by the blood that was flooding his lungs.

After a drawn out silence, Einara let out a snicker. Met with the puzzled glances of the foals in the room, she spoke in her own defense.

"What? Did you hear him screaming?"

Sky immediately bolted off to look for Gear, leaving Arc on his own in the maintenance corridor.

Arc began making his way toward the room where Soarmeister's group met with him and Flash, but along the way, he began to hear the sound of thundering hooves. They were loud, and whatever it came from, it was big.

The beast turned the corner; it was lil' Bighorn, and he looked furious. He was riddled with bullets, and there was a dying pup affixed upon one of his horns.

Jasmine and Shutter made their way through the Security Office, down the corridor toward the armory. Shutter tried his hoof at sneaking, but they didn't encounter any foals along the way. They were elsewhere in the Stable.

When they arrived at the armory, they found it unlocked, and found all of their equipment inside; every last bit of it. Starry's missile launcher was there too, and Shutter even managed to find a stealth buck.
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 am

Shutter would look through the armour, quickly coming across his and Starry's equipment, including Starry's missile launcher, and his Harmony Reinforcer.

"Well, at least I have a non-violent alternative for some of the foals..."

He would mutter, as he continued to search for anything that could be of use, but only came up with a solitary stealth-buck chip.

Once he was done, he would look around a bit more, but this time wasn't for himself. Jasmine's Stable jumpsuit was certaintly not suitable for bullet protection, and he wanted to try and find the mare some better armour, and a decent weapon.

----

After a quick search through the armoury, he would pass the pegasus some security barding, and a 10mm Pistol.

"Jazz, you should put those on. They'll keep you a lot safer then your stable jumpsuit. Now, do you think you can carry Starry's equipment back to her? That missile launcher is pretty heavy..."

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Lightning watched as the buffalo was hit by hundreds of bullets from the combined firepower of the foals and himself. However, the pegasus had to watch in horror as the diamond dog pup got impaled on the buffalo's horn and hearing the pup scream as he was dragged down the hallway, no doubt to his death. A moment of silence ensued afterwards, broken only by Einara when she snickered.

Lightning glared at Einara and replied back darkly, "That's because he was dying and most likely, he's dead now." He turned around and quickly dumped most of the assault carbines out of his bag along with dropping a few clips of ammunition as well. He kept one carbine though and he didn't drop all of his ammo. But right now, he needed to drop some weight if he was going to pick up and move his mother. "We are leaving this room. We are going to go find Bakewell's and Lemon Drop's parents. I'll simply pick up my mother and we'll take her with us as we move. If you foals want to come and help us, fine. If you don't, good luck. I don't believe that this is the only buffalo running around and you better remain hidden if you want to survive. Violet, if you have any meds, keep my mother comfortable before I try and pick her up. We move in five minutes." No more. No more crap. It was time to get down to business and they had to do it NOW.
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:50 pm

“Yeah.” Bakewell said flatly in response to Einara. “Hilarious.”

And that was all there was to it. No grieving. No sorrow. None of the standard wondering what the pup would have been had his life not been tragically cut short. Just, nothing.

“Five minutes. That’s it.” Bakewell groaned, casting an angry glance towards Flash as she neared the door once again, making no move to help him with his own mother. “Nothing more. You and the universe have been ‘But Bake; five more minutes!’ing me the entire time. I’m sick of it. This is the last time you’re getting away with it. Don’t think I can’t see what you’re trying to do, Lightning Flash. If you attempt to keep me from my family even one. more. time. I’m just going to leave you. If you continue to get in my way after that. I’ll do worse. If all of your stupid little distractions have gotten one of my parents killed, you’d better start living in the clouds where I can’t reach you, or else. If it gets both of them killed, Celestia as my witness there will be nowhere safe for you to hide. Understand? Good.”

And then there was Starry. Still blathering about the obvious on the intercom instead of doing something productive. Bakewell would have to deal with the blue unicorn later, as well...
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 pm

The corridor rumbled. Or at least seemed to. Arc stopped, to listen better. Stable, here in the maintenance, was prone to doing such sounds. Especially the notoriously faulty reactor occasionally made the whole crew shit themselves when it decided to create yet another creaking sound. But this was different. More paced, and the sound just... was not reactor, or any hydraulics.

The buffalo came from around the corner like a gory tornado, or, considering how linear the corridor was, like a bloodied freight train. And it was clear the thing was not about to stop. Split second after spotting it, Arc was frantically trying to open a door that were on the side of the corridor, but they refused to let him in.

Oh fuck my life.

Arc bolted down back from where he came from, sending one freezing blast towards the buffalo in hope of at least prolonging the time Arc had left on this worldly plane.

(
    Casting Arcanic Blast:Frost at the buffalo, Bonus to hit 16

Very hasty retreat
    )

Defences
    Weapons
    Arcanic blast: Frost - Hit: 16 - Damage: 26, Frost effect - AP: 12 - Range: 15 meters
    Firefly RCPW - Hit: 32(+5) - - Damage:(15(+5))×3 - Crit:×2.0 - AP: 8(+1) - Cap: 60

Perks/Traits
    Combat coordinator:
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Violet watched as the pup was carried off, Bakewell’s pistol smoking in her magical grip as the buffalo ran off. Her expression was unreadable, the filly briefly considering going after the buffalo to save the pup.

This was interrupted by Einara’s snickering, the zebra quickly ‘defending’ herself and her actions. Violet slowly turning around, the filly saying nothing as she stared at Einara, her glowing eyes burning into her.

Violet glanced at Lightning. “Sorry Light, all I have is Rad-Away, and I’m saving that for if radiation sickness starts setting in.”

As for the five minutes, that was fine. That was all she needed.

She turned towards the surviving foals, besides Einara, glancing at all of them. She wasn’t the best at convincing ponies, but considering what Einara just did this shouldn’t be too hard.

“So, are any of you going to be sticking with Einara over there after what she did? I wouldn’t, I mean she clearly doesn’t care about any of you, she just proved that. If any of you got hurt she wouldn’t lift a hoof to help, she’d just laugh, take your stuff, and go on her way. I mean, you did just see how she reacted to your friend getting killed, right? She wasn’t sad, she wasn’t upset, she wasn’t even shocked. She was amused, she laughed, all because that pup made a noise when he died.” she glanced over at Einara. “I don’t know about you guys, but that’s not someone I’d want to stick with. Or do anything with really.” she turned back to the other foals. “If you come with us though, we’d make sure you’d get out of here safely, and we could use the help. Either that or you can stick with the sociopathic zebra who probably finds the thought of the rest of you dying in a gruesome manner amusing.”

[Get ready to dodge if Einara tries something stupid, like shooting me. Agility 10]

[If Einara attacks, Counterattack with 10mm Pistol, aiming for the kneecaps]
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Einara just rolled her eyes as Violet spoke. Clearly, she wasn't too fond of Violet's preaching, but she didn't think anything of it. Moon Shine spoke to her defense, after he and his twin brother shared a nervous exchange of glances with Lemon Drop from across the room.

"I'm not sure you've looked around the Stable, Miss, but laughing at the death of a friend wouldn't be the worst thing Einara's done. We all have blood on our hooves, a lot of it."

"You're the only ponies in the Stable who don't want to kill us," Lemon Drop chimed in.

"Besides," Moon Beam started, "Everypony know's that the real leader is-"

"It's Einara," Lemon Drop interrupted, flatly. "Don't kid yourself."

"Actually," Einara corrected, in a snarky tone. "In a roundabout way, your father is the leader," she pointed her hoof at Lightning Flash. "It's his escape tunnel we're using."

Arc Weld tossed a frozen bolt toward the oncoming behemoth. Not surprisingly, the behemoth's charge was unimpeded, though the shards of ice dug into the buffalo's hide.

Arc Weld turned, to make a hasty retreat, but the beast was gaining on him, and fast. He sharply turned a corner, following the lone corridor where he found himself located. The buffalo had much less grace in turning the corner, and impacted the wall of the stable, leaving a pony-sized dent in the wall.

Dizzy, but unfaltering, the beast continued it's charge. Arc spotted a wide pony-sized grate leading to a maintenance tunnel on the wall directly in front of him where the corridor ended. It was a short entrance into a small tunnel, placed at floor-level.

Arc Weld focused his magic as the rushed toward the end of the tunnel, unfastening the bolts on the grate as hastily as he could. He was quickly approaching the end of the corridor, and the buffalo was right on his heels.

He has pulled out three of the four screws holding the grate shut, and he could feel the beast's breath on his neck. The sharp scraping of his horn, bloodied with the impaled corpse of the unfortunate pup, felt like sandpaper being rubbed across his eardrums.

Panic started to set in, as Arc realized he wasn't going to pull the last screw out in time. He focused as much of his magical potential as he could spare into grasping the grate, and in one final, desperate attempt, ripped it off of the wall, and sent it flying straight over his head.

With a quick, last-second dive, Arc Weld slid directly into the maintenance tunnel, his hooves scraping the sides of the crawl-space as he entered. The sound of the buffalo colliding with the wall could be heard, The crunch of metal and bone could be heard, as the Stable wall was heavily bruised, and the buffalo's skull finally collapsed inward upon itself. The beast fell at the entrance of the tunnel, sealing the exit.
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 am

Arc dived into the vent, and kept going, just going deeper into the wall, wanting to be simply as far as possible from the buffalo that was about to make a unicorn purée. The crash was amplified by the constrained environment of the vent, booming into Arc's ears, deafeningly loud.

Arc up, over his body, to the far end of the shaft. The head was blocking most of it, leaving only a thin sliver of light to come inside. He was dead, clearly, the hit breaking something inside him. Apparently thick metal wall was too much for his skull.

Arc wasn't sure how long he stared at him. He was even afraid to light up the pip-buck on his left hoof, even to check time. Eventually, he simply found himself slowly crawling through the ventilation shaft, darkness being the only companion for him.

Left hoof.
    Right hoof.
    Left hoof.
    Right hoof.
    Left hoof...

Arc was, at this point, forcing himself to even move. Everything that happened that day mixed together, the reactor, foals, shooting, the buffalo and slavers. Just... keep on going Arc. Just for a while. Then we'll get out of the Stable, and then back home to Stableton. It will be all right, just keep it together for an hour or two more...

Defences
    Weapons

Perks/Traits
    Combat coordinator:
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:06 am

"I can carry that jutht fine..."

Jasmine returned a flat stare at Shutter when he inquired if she could carry Starry's rocket launcher. Her eyelids drooped slightly, as well as her lips which made a near frown. She began to slip into her new armor and stowed her 10mm pistol into it's proper holster. Jasmine had some experience handling guns, but never had to use one out of necessity. She tried not to show it, but it felt strange fitting into this gear.

Jasmine felt that she could handle herself in any situation, but mostly defined herself as an idealist and not a fighter. It looked like her self image would have to evolve, and quick. The times of comfort that she experienced as a filly had long left. Her eyes were glued to the pistol handle protruding from the holster. After a few thoughts she trotted right past Shutter over to the rocket launcher and hoisted it onto her back. She struggled momentarily, trying not to show too much difficulty handling this bulky and awkward weapon.

"I can carry more, let'th try to get every latht piethe of equipment we can get our hooveth on. The more we can carry ith the leth gunth that the foalth can turn againtht uth.
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am

...Yeah, I’m not sure I’m going to stay one of those ponies much longer. No remorse or regret for what they did...

Violet’s glowing gaze bore into the foals, she was silent, judging them.

They’re just foals though.’ she internally sighed. ‘They may have done some bad things, bad enough that I really should be killing them if I’m right, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be redeemed in someway. Punished and made to pay without killing them. I’ll have to watch them if we get out of here, maybe they can atone themselves for what they’ve done. Maybe.

She turned away, internally chuckling at calling them ‘Just Foals’, considering technically that applied to her as well. Although she certainly wasn’t a normal foal by any stretch of the imagination. ‘Besides, if I killed them now we’d lose their help. No reason to throw that away.

Although regardless she still had an urge to relieve Einara of her kneecaps. Of the foals here she was certainly the worse, and Violet wouldn’t regret killing the zebra if it came to it.

“If that’s the case...” she said as she checked the pistol in her magical grip, the glow of her eyes shifting as she examined the internal mechanisms of the gun. Everything seemed to check out from what her basic knowledge of guns told her. Still had some bullets in the magazine as well. “...Then Flash should take the lead. Well, keep the lead really, he was leading before all of you came running in. Regardless we need to get moving.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 am