Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+8
Featherfall
Scrap Box
Heartbeat
Rad Boom
Sketch
Ember Hooves
Whisper Chime
Pendant
12 posters

The Drought of Stableton

Heartbeat
    Heartbeat
    Level 1
    Level 1

The Drought of Stableton - Page 3 Empty Re: The Drought of Stableton

Post by Heartbeat Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:17 am

Heartbeat stormed irritably out of the shop.
    "Not a damn grenade or mine in the whole damn town," he grumbled before coming to a stop near the fountain. He eyed the growing group irritably and took to the air.
    "God damned roving smorgousboard," he growled under his breath, moving towards the center of the group so he could better hear the leader of this little expedition. He scowled at her as he fluttered down to land by the green mare she had berrated.
    "If you can make bandages and poultices," he said in as soothing a voice he could muster, which stil sounded immensly annoyed, "We've got a use for you."
    Hex Nut
    Hex Nut
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Hex Nut Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:30 am

"Well, I've got a gun. I can learn how to make it able," Hex murmured as Pendant addressed the group, looking hardly bothered by the mare's dismissal.
    She turned to the colorful pegasus who'd addressed her. "Hm, I'm not so sure about that. I fixed up a lizard's tail stump once, but then I learned it would grow two back whether I helped it or not. I'm better with the nonliving parts of things, I guess. But I'd be happy to try my hoof at anything. And I wish I could make you some grenades, those are really fun." She scuffed her hooves on the ground. "If I had some springs and blast caps, maybe..." she muttered. "Now what are we going to do? I must have missed the introduction."
    Featherfall
    Featherfall
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Featherfall Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:45 am

Feather shrugged his wings. "I know guns inside and out, ma'am. I don't need anything else."

Last edited by Featherfall on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:59 am

Rad watched the little exchange between Hex and Pendant, and heard Heartbeats grumble about grenades, or the lack of them. "Grenades would sure be useful, I can see it now! Death from above! Steel rain! Terror from the skies!" As Rad spoke he zipped about in the air above Heartbeat, pretending to throw grenades as he went.

"Heh, the thieves wouldn't know what hit em! But no grenades huh? Ah well, nother time maybe." Rad then turned back to Hex. "I'm Rad Boom by the way, case ya weren't here when I said so earlier."
    Pendant
    Pendant
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Pendant Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Pendant sighed.

"We're heading out to the other end of Stableton Valley to recover the town's water purification chip, for the Wellworks. Without that chip, there's no clean water, and without clean water, the entire town is going to perish. You may as well follow us, mmk? Good. Now, the rest of you, quit your mumbling, grumbling, and bumbling and follow us or I'm going to start losing my patience."

[Game Warden, post...]
    Heartbeat
    Heartbeat
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Heartbeat Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Heartbeat couldnt help but smirk at Rad's enthusiasm.
    "Well, if nothing else maybe we could just have you fly over and talk them to death."
    He nodded to the green pony.
    "Hey if you can put some of the junk we're likely to find to good use then I'll be happy to have you along. Name's Heartbeat, by the way; yours?"
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Pendant led the group of wasteland ponies out of town and off towards their destination as they walked towards the unforgiving Stableton Valley. They were silent as they walked, each of them content to observe their surroundings as they moved ever closer towards their destination. The subtle wind blew the sun dry sand and dust across their path as they walked, the humid almost stale air reminding them all of the dead old world that existed beyond the small civilizations and safeties of a stable. Eventually as they moved on the group would come upon their first obstacle.

In the distance seemed to be an old shack, eroded and abandoned by time. Neglected by it's owner and assumed left to the dying wastes. However those who were more perceptive would notice something very disturbing about the scene, for you see, there were inhabitants around the shack. A small group of Radscorpions in fact... three giant, four regular. It seemed the only way to get to where they needed to go was right through the small group of creatures. Could this prove too much for the group of rag tag wastelanders ? ... we shall soon find out.
    Whisper Chime
    Whisper Chime
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Whisper Chime Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Whisper begins walking more slowly, as she can just barely see figures in the distance, she begins squinting, trying to see better, she nudges Scrap, than whispers "Hey, you see that?" she looks a little more "I think I see something moving over there"
    Scrap Box
    Scrap Box
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Scrap Box Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Scrap Box looks over towards the figures then down at her pipbuck, unfriendlies. "I'm not sure what they are Sugarcube, but what ever they are, they don't like us to much." She pulled her pistol out, wanting to be ready for the posible fight. "You might want to get yours out too, Whisper was it? You want to be ready." She looked over to Pendant, waiting to see what she should do.

Drawing 9mm Pistol: 1 AP
    Hex Nut
    Hex Nut
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Hex Nut Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Hex Nut watched Rad's aerial display, nearly falling over as she tracked his every move.
    "I'm Hex Nut," she told Rad and Heartbeat. "I really hope we find some junk." She pranced in place a bit at the thought then turned back to Pendant, oblivious to her annoyance. "Do you know how the chip works? I've never seen one. We had some filters and treatments by the river at home, but that's nowhere near enough for a town. I cant wait to find it! Let's go!"
    ~
    Hex followed the group, looking more excited about their quest than contemplative of the dead world.
    "Ooh, scorpions! I've always wanted to make a working model of their tails. Are we going there?" she whispered when she noticed the shack and its menacing inhabitants.
    Whisper Chime
    Whisper Chime
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Whisper Chime Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Whisper simply nods at Scrap as she draws her weapon too, squinting at the enemies to try and see what they are again, then looks at Pendant for confirmation

Drawing 9mm pistol 1 AP
    Ember Hooves
    Ember Hooves
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Ember Hooves Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:38 pm

As Ember followed the group he kept to himself, not wanting to get on anyones nerves. When he saw the shack, and the scorpions, Ember levitated his pistol out of his saddlebag, he kept it in there because he didn't use it often, but scorpions couldn't be reasoned with. Ember was scared, but there were a lot of ponies about, and he trusted that they wouldn't leave him behind. But he would still rather avoid having to fight the scorpions...

"Uhm... Can we not f-find a way around the s-scorpions?"

Drawing 9mm pistol: 1AP
    Featherfall
    Featherfall
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Featherfall Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Feather's pistol was out an instant after the others. "Unless one of you has an antidote or something handy, I say we do our best to avoid the armored poison dispensers."

Drawing 9mm pistol: 1 AP
    Whisper Chime
    Whisper Chime
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Whisper Chime Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Whisper notices Ember getting scared, and tries to comfort him, she pats him on the back and says "Dont worry, we should be able to take them on" she continues trying to calm him down while walking along, still eyeing the scorpions to see what she was up against, she begins thinking about what she could do to help other than shooting of course
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Upon reaching the near vicinity of the shack, Cuppa saw the scorpions, like a few of the others had. She simply looked at the others. "Ah have an idea fer getting past them critters." She said without waiting for any prompt for ideas. "It's a bit of a leap o' faith, but can any o' ya'll flyers take somepony with ya? I mean, we could just fly over them, ya know? Deal with 'em on the way back, maybe? We gots a lot o' non-flyers, so we'd have t' fly over a few times, but it might be worth savin' the ammo fer later, ya know?"
    Featherfall
    Featherfall
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Featherfall Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Featherfall thought for a moment. "...Actually, we could just have us 'flyers' take them out now, keep the risk level to a minimum. It'd be less dangerous than carrying ponies over 'em, at the least."
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Rad had followed the group out, excited to be finally doing more than talking... As the group moved Rad had floated along on his wings, keeping just off the ground, but still flying out of principle. When he spotted the shack, and more importantly the scorpions he immiediately drew his pistol.

"Wow!! Those are some big scorps! Hey, they can't fly, how abo-" Rad was interrupted by Cuppa making her own suggestion, which Rad had to admit, would make more sense... But he threw his idea out anyway.

"That's not a bad idea Cuppa! I got another one, how about ju-" Rad was interrupted again by Feather, who suggested the same idea he had... The irritation was obvious on Rads face, mostly because now it would seem like he was just copying the Gryphons idea.

"I was about to suggest that very same thing! You readin my mind Feather?"

Drawing 9mm pistol: 1AP
    Featherfall
    Featherfall
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Featherfall Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Feather gave a shrug towards Rad's question. "Same sort of conclusion someone with wings could end up with, I guess. That sound good to everyone else?"
    Whisper Chime
    Whisper Chime
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Whisper Chime Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Whisper nods at the griffon and whispers to Ember "See that, we might not even have to fight them!" though she continues comforting Ember, patting him on the back and keeping him from getting scared, mostly to keep the radscorpions from noticing them and to keep the group from going into chaos, but also for Embers sake
    Hex Nut
    Hex Nut
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Hex Nut Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:01 pm

“Sounds good to me,” Hex agreed, though she looked less excited than she had at the prospect
    of being carried into the air. “I’m not looking forward to facing them. I met
    one once before, and it really liked salmon, so I could distract it, but I don’t
    know about these. They’re huge!”
    Scrap Box
    Scrap Box
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Scrap Box Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Scrap Box jumps into the air, she wanted to be ready for what ever she was told to do. Weither it be help non-fliers over, or shoot the Scorpians. She looks over to the Gryphon and the Black and Green maned buck. "If you two think its a good idea." She then glanced at the two leaders. "How long are their stingers? Don't wanna fly to low."

Take off: 1 AP
    Heartbeat
    Heartbeat
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Heartbeat Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 am

Heatbeat eyed the creatures warily. He considered his options.
    "I'm in. I'm not the strongest pony around; no way can I carry anypony over those things without risk of dropping them, and I'm not fond of the idea of trying to treat somepony who got injured in a fall at the moment, let alone poisoned."
    He drew his pistol and leaped into the air.
    "Ready when you are."

Draw pistol; 1 ap
    Take off; 1 ap

Guns 17, Luck 7
    Featherfall
    Featherfall
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Featherfall Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:21 am

Feather felt a small surge of pride with the knowledge that he'd come up with a good idea, hurriedly following his winged fellows into the sky. "Let's just be careful, keep our distance from them, and make sure we don't all crash into each other. Sounding good to you all?"

Take off: 1 AP

Guns: 32
    Flight: 22
    Luck 7
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:42 am

Rad felt a little bit cheated, everypony seemed to be praising Feather for his idea... It was my idea too! he thought to himself, the disappointment was clear on his face, the one idea he had to try and prove he could take things seriously, and it was taken from him. "Lets get this over with." He grumbled, and joined the other flyers with distinctly less enthusiasm than before.
    Ember Hooves
    Ember Hooves
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Ember Hooves Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:48 am

reassured by Whisper, and and knowledge that he may not even have to fight the scorpions Ember calmed down a little, that was until he noticed the size of three of them, they were huge! Ember was about to let out a whimper of fear, but realised it may well attract their attention, and managed to repress it, though a little squeak still managed to escape as his eyes widened. "A-are you sure our guns c-can even hurt those big ones?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am