Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+16
Happy Trails
Ginger Ale
Bone Head
Scrap Parts
Big Rodeo
Atriark
Cross Roads
Shopkeep
Lightning Flash
Blitz
Bakewell Tart
Night-Shade
Blast Cap
Galactic Dash
Sky
World Warden
20 posters

The Milk Run (soldiers)

Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

The Milk Run (soldiers) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Milk Run (soldiers)

Post by Lightning Flash Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Lightning simply rolled his eyes toward Bone Head. While he wasn't really one to try and judge behind one's back, he had to admit, this griffon wasn't the smartest he has met. Seriously, leaping on the back of a griffon to face against the aces of the sky? Only would end up getting himself killed. No, that wouldn't do. Lightning had a job to do. And his job was to survive and go home with Spectrum as soon as this stupid war was over. It did irk him though that this griffon had the nerve to call him an inferior race. Did he not forget the injuries he had sustained from the last battle from Enclave pegasi? No, of course not.

Simply shrugging it off, Lightning didn't pay any attention to their comments about pegasus mares. He didn't need too. He did, however, had to talk to Dash. The blue stallion would turn to his friend and say, "Hey, Dash. I have to thank you for telling Spectrum what happened to me last night. I didn't want her to find out in a bad way from some other pony. And thanks for trying to help me yesterday."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Dash was distracted from Blitz, Blast and Bone by Lightning, who thanked him for telling Spectrum what had happened to him and for trying to help him in their previous mission. He smiled in a friendly way, "It was no problem, Lightning. I felt like I owed it to you anyways..." he sighed heavily, however, "I wasn't able to get you out of the line of fire... I just can't help but think what if it had been someone who wasn't as tough? Like my brother or my marefriend. One of whom I've already failed once..."
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

While Lightning didn't feel any real harsh feelings against Dash for his failed attempt to save him, he felt like messing around with the pegasus a little. Frowning like he was really angry and upset, he would say, "Dash. You failure." Looking away, the stallion continued to feign anger but not for much longer. He began to chuckle and turning back to Dash, he would give him a light smile, "I'm kidding. I'm not angry at you."

A serious look would come over Lightning's face as he would say, "I know you tried your best. And let's be honest, war isn't planned. It's not clean. It's not pretty. There will always be things that happen we can't predict. Whatever mistakes we made in the past, you can't hold that forever. We just have to learn to move on, learn from it, and do our best to plan for the future. Whoever you failed in the past, you still have a chance to fix it. As long as you're still living and breathing, you can always still fix it. Alright?"
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Dash looked shocked at first when Lightning presented his joke. Dash then found subtle hints in the way Lightning had said it, that stalled his immediate reaction, then finally came the confirmation that he was kidding. Dash smirked and then feigned extreme dejection, "I failure..." Dash said in shot-down tone. He then perked back up.

Dash then nodded when Light gave him an encouraging speech. He nodded, "Thanks, Lightning. I just... I just hope I'm able to fix it. Thanks, though."
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Lightning smiled toward Dash and despite the pain in his body, he patted Dash on the shoulder, "You will. You're a good shot and a good pony. Don't let the wasteland beat that out of you. Believe in yourself and trust your instincts and skills. You will fix whatever has happened. Don't ever tell yourself otherwise." The blue stallion gave a bow of his head towards Dash and another smile before turning back to concentrate on the mission at hoof.
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Blitz casually shrugged and grinned at the griffin that gave his opinion on a pegasi's wings. "Does that mean your wings are weak? Cause I was under the impression that wings could take damage and all that to keep the flyers flying."

It was a shame that Flash had lost his ability to fly for now, whilst this flying douche-bike could still flutter around like he owned the place. At least Blitz still had his vodka from the night before.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Dash nodded to Lightning, "Thanks again." he said. He then looked to his equipment. He knew that the Marksmare Carbine's 5.56mm rounds wouldn't do all that much against the Enclave. He slung the rifle back on his back and brought his Sniper Rifle forward and ready. He had also been practicing with this weapon as well. He also knew that the .308 rounds could penetrate the Enclave's armor, so he felt confident for the upcoming mission. He then returned his attention to the surrounding battlefield. Keeping his eyes open for any and all threats.

(Perception 6, once again scanning for enemies)
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:55 pm

PERCEPTION ROLL FAIL_

The group's mild chit chatting was interrupted by one of the Apostolov calling out 'CONTACT LEFT' and roaring their LMG to life. The soldier seemed to be firing at nothing, the snow picking up so rapidly that it was a near instant white out. Before anypony could react they were swallowed by a blizzard so ferocious the only point of reference the soldiers had for each other was the clink of the gear colliding as they moved. Even that was soon drowned out by the roaring winds whipping by them.
    The soldier who called out stopped firing suddenly, leaving the team in forced silence.

"Fucking hell, everyone sync up on my flare." Brass' voice crackled over the radio. "Stay in tight formation and keep your triggers tight."
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:52 am

Lightning's ears perked up when one of the soldiers from AL calling out trouble on their left. Drawing his .45 pistol, a blizzard just came out of nowhere and blinding him, cutting him off from all the ponies around him. The sound of the wind roared in his ears and in some distant lands, the pegasus somehow caught the sound of Brass in broken phrases. But enough to know what to do. Shouting, he would try and link up with all the soldiers, "DASH! PONIES!" He scanned the area and tried to locate the flare.

(Perception 5, locating flare)
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:51 am

The sound of a machine gun coming to life immediately drew ale's attention and out of the corner of his eye he thought he saw something but a wall of wind an snow cut of his line of sight. "Shit were the buck did this blizzard come from?!" Ale started to trot off in the direction he last saw brass but the only thing he could see was white. Suddenly the sound of the LMG was cut off, "Aw crap there's only one explanation as to why he would stop shooting." The unicorn checked the load in his rifle and counted the amount spare clips he had available. As the wind violently flung snow at ale's face he could just barely make out brass's voice over the howling. "Ok, flare, find the flare." The pony's mind screamed as he looked for the distinct red glow of a emergency flare. If he found it he would try to lead the other to their squad leader.

(Perception 7-Looking for flare, if roll success then will try to help others whose rolls failed)
    Bone Head
    Bone Head
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Bone Head Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:40 am

Bone head looked down at the unicorn with the blue and red mane as he gave his response, "Well a pair of wings can take a bit of punishment before they loose their ability to carry their host, but that bone supports the whole structure and if it is severed then the "flyers" will fall." he said scoffing at the name blitz gave to his classification. "and before you you ask no my bones aren't as fragile as a pegasus, we would be pretty shit hunters if we could be crippled that easily." Blitz wouldn't git a chance to ask as a huge blizzard seemed to appear out of nowhere and envelop the group. Bone looked around for his squad but he couldn't see a thing beyond the white, hell the unicorn that was just a foot or two away was no gone. "WELL THIS IS JUST LOVELY NOW I CANT SEE ANYTHING!" Bone head yelled over the wind mostly to let his presence be known to the others of his group. He held his wing up in an effort to stop the snow from pelting his face. "OI, DASHIE, YOUR A PEGASUS, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SHIT WEATHER!" He yelled again, this time in the direction he last saw the black pony. As the storm ragged, bone was unable to here brass's command but he still scanned the area for any sign of a friendly.

(perception-3, looking for anypony in his squad.)
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Being right next to Bonehead and listening to the griffon's response, he would've said something if not for the blizzard suddenly kicking up and the LMG blaring away. Brass was barking the order to move up on his flare through a radio and Blitz heard the griffon complaining about how he couldn't see. Whipping his tail back at Bonehead, Blitz spoke. "Grab my tail and just follow me." He said before shuffling in with the others.

"You heard him, watch out for the flare and lead the way, everypony." Blitz said as he readied his new plasma rifle and stuck as close to the group. "You keep hold of my tail, griffon, we don't need you getting lost."

(Perception 4, keeping a lookout for anything around the group whilst others, locate the flare.)
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 am

Dash squinted to keep the snow out of his eyes. He moved over toward the side of the trench that he knew had been the side facing the enemy. If any enemy fire were to come out of the near-blinding snow, it would likely come from that direction, so it was best to get into cover. He spotted the flare and moved over toward it, keeping his side to the wall, 'Maybe I should make a huge snowball and shove it up your ass...' Dash growled in his mind. He squinted through the snow again and tried to regain his bearings on the rest of the squad.

[Perception 6, looking for the squad]
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Blast was surprised when the machine gun opened up on the group and immediately hit the ground to escape the arcs of gunfire, to make matters better and worse at the same time a blizzard blew across the fields. He looked for anything that could orient himself with the group "Dont worry guys the snows blinding that machine gun nest to!" Blast called out as a flare light up, he scrambled to it and looked for the others

(Perception-7 Locate Squadmates)
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Brass popped his flair and dropped it into the snow. Waiting for his squad to form up he began to scan the snow for any sign of movement. It was a solid no go, didn't matter how good your eyes were. He pricked his ears instead, finding that too to be a dead end, wind drowning out everything. All he had was the hope that his men would see the flair.

Sure enough everyone could see the flair's glow, as faint as it was. That didn't much matter though. The Enclave were circling them like windigos, maintaining the white out. A pair of troopers, both clad in strange bulky armor that made them look more tank than pony, dove into the miniature storm, their stings glowing a strange purple. The plasma boiled more fiercely than normal.

One split off, seeing the outline bright of the large gryphon in their thermals. The trooper arced and spun, grinning at the sound their sting made as it crackled with movement. These were the moments he lived for, the moments of absolute power. With a mighty swoop of his wings the pegasus sent his sting arcing across Bone head's side, splitting it wide open. Before he could so much as think of screaming the gryphon was silenced by another swipe against his chest.

The other trooper found a target of his own, Blitz. The unicorn had been on their way to the flair, no doubt thinking they'd be safe enough soon. Well, a slash along the length of their back told them they could just stop with that train of thought right away. Again before the prey could do anything other than feel the sudden sensation of agony he was struck again by the horrifyingly powerful sting.

------------------------
    Blitz and Bonehead are both critically wounded and unconscious, the others are at Brass.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 am

Ale finally spotted the red glow upon the white backdrop that was the snowstorm. "Thank celestia." he muttered as he trotted to the flair. When he reached it he saw the outline of brass bathed in the light of the flair, and that's all he could see. "Sir we need to get out of this!" ale yelled over the wind. "I don't know about you but i doubt most of use could fight in these conditions!" Ale then looked around, seeing nothing but snow. Until he noticed a gleam of purple light come from the direction of brass and bone's last know position. "Shit, WE'VE GOT COMPANY!" He announced to the rest of the ponies as he readied his hunting rifle.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Dash bucked himself into action, getting his Hunting Rifle. Once again Brass' nice leadership was proving to be a shining example of getting the snot beaten out of your soldiers, "Everypony, concentrate your fire on one target!" Dash yelled, "We won't be able to take any of them down if we scatter our fire! Now, hold them down for me! Get them dodging!" Dash then jumped up into the air. He looked in the direction of the wind and began flying against it, gritting his teeth as he attempted to use his own natural Pegasus weather manipulation talents against the Enclave's attempts.

(Agility 9, Dodge 32, Attempting to clear up the Enclave's wind storm as much as he can.)
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:04 am

Brass silently recited every prayer he knew while struggling to find some way out of the sea of fucked they were in. Zero visibility made his gun just a fancy stick, the wind made communication all but impossible, and his hangover made all this even harder to take. Still, there was a way out there was always a way out. He'd been in tough jams before, just as tough as this one, and here he stood.

One of his men seemed to get an idea, fight the enclave storm. The pegasus was good at thinking out of the box, he had to give him that. Sadly all he managed to do was make the white out quieter for a second. Wait... that was all they needed. Brass grabbed his radio and flicked it to the channel he'd kept in his back pocket for years.

"I'm calling in that favor, my position is four queen foxtrot juliet one five. I repeat..."

While Brass frantically barked into his radio the Enclave troopers resumed their assault. Naturally their first target was the pegasus who'd given the sergeant the window he needed. The troopers coordinated into a sweeping loop, their stings slashing against Dash in the same moment. The charcoal pegasus was spun by the force of the razors, sending his newly spilled blood flying in a macabre display before he fell to the ground with a soft thud.

Done with the obvious threat the troopers did a few acrobatics to pass the time while they decided which mouse to swoop on next. One pointed to the sergeant, the other seemed to say 'let's not end the fun just yet'. After a few seconds deliberation they decided to let fate decide, tossing a coin and catching it when it came back round in the gale. It was heads, whatever that meant.

They nodded to each other and dived at the group, forming a corkscrew of steel and plasma. The poor son of a bitch at the other end of the dive turned out to be Blast Cap. In seconds they found themselves on the ground, sides split wide open.

"Hold on boys, help's on the way." Brass called out, firing after one of the troopers, his rounds just plinking off. "If any of you have healing potions, give them to your fallen brothers, they need em more than you."
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm

With the wind dying down ale was finally able to hear himself think, "Shit this is bad, this is real bad." he heard brass's orders about the healing pots and remembered the one he looted in the previous encounter. "If i'm lucky then i can get somepony back into the fight." he thought as he looked around. Noticing the blood soaked snow at the edge of his vision and began to run over to the fallen pony that colored the ground. As he grew closer he saw that the pony was blitz

As he ran he kept himself ready to dodge out of the way of the flying tanks should they attempt to strike him down. If he got to blitz he would use his one heath potion to attempt reviving the buck.

(Agility:7 dodging enclave tank ponys, Medicine:27 Attempting to revive blitz)
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Kestrel was one of the first to arrive the after the call of duty, and what he saw was rather...unique. From where he was Kestrel could see a group of pegasi flying in circles creating what looked like a miniature blizzard. The tell-tale howl was unmistakeable, but what was all this for?

Kestrel didn't waste time with questions like that. Not right now.

Taking aim and checking the pressure gauge for his weapon Kestrel took cover in some ruins and dropped to his stomach; stabilizing himself and his minimizing the target should these bolts miss. He had to time this just right, and hit in the perfect place. For these too Kestrel had to compensate for quite a lot, and his bolt launcher, for all its terrible power, was not the best tool for the job.

It was the most damaging however, and stood the best chance of punching through the armor.

Slowing his breathing Kestrel focused, eyes tracking the pegasi as they flew round and round, counting the times they passed. Then, when finally Kestrel assumed he had their timing down he fired twice; aiming at the chest.

Pfft.....Pfft

(Guns 100, 32 AP spent. Firing two bolts at the chests of the pegasi holding up the snow storm. Shots do 85 DM, have a x2.5 crit, negate 15 DT)
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Scraps arrived shortly after Kes did, awestruck and abjectly horrified by the sight of what the enclave pegasi were doing, Bakewell was down there somewhere, she was with the rest of the soldiers.

Adding to his horror, he was just about a useless shot at this range and getting close enough so he could hit was near suicidal, so he just followed Kes into the ruins for now, figuring he may be able to provide some meager help, in case the pegasi decided to turn their attention towards the gryphon who was sniping their ranks.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:58 am

With a bolt from Kestrel's hellsing flying through the air towards its prey, Mil Dot began to set up his massive rifle. The amount of windsheer the Enclave blizzard was creating made any shot from this distance as much luck as skill, so the stallion held off for now. He didn't have to wait long, though. The hellsing bolt was blown a little off course, enough to turn what might have been a killing blow into nothing more than a nasty wound. Still, as one of the Troopers maintaining the gale found, it wasn't nice to have a three foot spike in your side.

With that the blizzard fast became sloppy, uncontrollable. The remaining troopers fought to keep it going, but it was a fast losing battle. The storm finally died when the hit trooper, now at the mercy of the very winds he created, knocked one of his squad mates out of the sky. Seeing his chance, Mil Dot entered the fray. The standard trooper remaining in the sky found himself headless as the unholy roar of the AMR echoed in the rubble.

"Well, I think they know we're here now." Hangfire snarked. "Let's get to introductions then. I'll hold off, what with friendly fire and all." He gestured at his grenade machine gun with a hoof. "Don't want to go killing the wrong ponies."

"Everypony, find a target and shoot." Roared Brass, levering his brush gun as he fired twin shots at the wounded trooper. A round punching cleanly through their visor and finishing them. "Those bastards with the weird stings are top priority."

As if on queue the two tank pegasi swooped back into the fray. This time they held back, however, letting their battle saddles rain hell on the soldiers. They strafed the position of the newly arrived vityaz, their novasurge rifles letting out jets of bright plasma as they flew towards their targets. Two splashed off Kes's armor, causing the steel plate to glow bright red and burn the gryphon. A third shot hit Hangfire squarely in the side, staggering the big earth pony.

------------------------------------
    Kestrel's HP: 163
    Hangfire: 216

Enclave Trooper 1: KIA
    Enclave Trooper 2: KIA
    Enclave Trooper 3: 250

Enclave Heavy Trooper 1: 300
    Enclave Heavy Trooper 2: 300
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Everything was in complete chaos. Not only was Lightning grounded and unable to stop the storm, the Enclave were picking them off one by one. But then, out of nowhere, help came in the form of Kestrel and Scrap Parts. Because of them, they managed to stop the heavy winds which was plaguing the group.

Lightning knew that his pistol wouldn't do enough damage to stop the officers so he quickly holstered it. However, now, the pegasus would draw out his sniper rifle, aiming it towards one of the troopers and firing.

(Drawing Sniper Rifle, 8 AP)

(Shooting Sniper Rifle, Enclave Trooper 3, Roll Bonus: 65, 17 AP)

(Dodging if necessary, 12 AP)

(Total AP Used: 37/45)
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:03 am

Ale slid to a stop beside blitz. He quickly levitated out the health potion from the last encounter and bit the cork off. "Damn it don't you go dying on me, your the only one I can talk to." he said as he lifted the unicorns head and poured the healing liquid down his throat. The potion quickly went to work and the massive slashes on his side slowly began to knit. Once he had finished tending to blitz he stood up and took aim with his hunting rifle. Thankfully the snow storm had stopped and he could see the enclave bastards now. He saw the massive tank like pegasi and knew that there was no way his rifle could punch through that armor, plus it was probably a good idea not to draw their attention. Instead he aimed for the regular enclave solider hoping he could at least do some damage. Crouching down so to better stabilize his rifle and to better blind into the snow around, he took aim and squeezed the trigger.

(revived blitz using heath potion, Blitz is now at 120 HP. Sneaking:49-Sneak -10 AP. Firing hunting rifle at enclave trooper:60-Guns -15 AP)
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Kestrel had been about to fire his rifle again when two plasma bursts from the Heavy Troopers slammed into him turning his armor into an oven. The griffon grunted loudly and staggered back, armor glowing red.

Luckily his talons were sharp, and his armor straps easy to locate.

Dropping down Kestrel cut the straps to his armor, revealing the almighty scarring of his torso and wings. The glowing steel landed in the snow with a wicked hiss; still hot. Already, in the cold air of the frozen city, Kestrel could feel the burns upon him.

That didn't matter for now though. Pain was pain, and it could be ignored.

Pulling up his Hellsing, Kestrel targeted one of the troopers that had shot him and squeezed the trigger, bolt flying fast and hard right for the bucks head.

(Guns 100, Firing Hellsing once. AP spent 16, AP left 26; all to be used to DODGE incoming fire when the time comes.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am