Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

Mobile Apostolov Surgical Hospital (Medical Chaplains)

World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Mobile Apostolov Surgical Hospital (Medical Chaplains)

Post by World Warden on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:05 pm

The MASH Tent was only a short trot away from the main tent, five minutes at most. Grace filled the time chatting up the ponies of her squad. Most of it was just small talk, saying how good it was to have some new faces around, the usual. The MASH was immaculate, unlike one might expect from a frontline hospital. The bed sheets were crisp, cleaned and folded with care each day by the large staff the hospital boasted.

Along the farthest canvas lay the intensive cases. Ponies covered in bandages lie in a drug induced vegetative state while doctors read their charts, thinking hard about what to do. One of the doctors waved Grace over. After a quick glance at the chart she let out a sigh, taking up a marker in her magic, and drew an x on the stallion's chest. The doctor nodded grimly, and started slowly pulling tubes out of the buck, a look of distaste on his face.

"Make yourselves at home," she said cheerily, "you'll be spending a lot of time here. There's labcoats over in that locker, be sure to grab one. Other than that, feel free to go say hello to your friends in the trenches." After a few minutes of flipping through charts she turned to Zestari, saying, "Sorry, but I can't help but ask, you and Trails?"

Loot:

Chaplain Lab Coat:
    DT- 5 Effects- +10 Med Rolls +10 Science Rolls

The lab coat all Chaplains wear while on the job. It wont stop a bullet, but it suits their purposes just fine.
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Re: Mobile Apostolov Surgical Hospital (Medical Chaplains)

Post by Zestari on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 am

As the group made their way to… wherever Grace was leading them, (Zestari had been distracted at the time by the purple unicorn adolescent’s unusual and disconcerting eyes) Zestari made cheery small talk with Grace, a lovely pony in Zestari’s opinion, even if she wasn’t entirely pleased with being separated from the ponies she had come out here to protect. But then, what did she know about war and who stuck with who.

Zestari took a glance at the other ponies that had arrived along with her and tagged along with Grace as they headed towards the MASH, a word Zestari realised she didn’t know the meaning of. Scanning her eyes over the group, Zestari realised she hadn’t had much to do with any of the other ponies she was with, apart from glances around the streets of Stableton.

Arriving at the MASH, Zestari looked around interestedly, the place gave off the impression that it was similar to any hospital she’d been in. Plenty of beds, and plenty of patients. There were more staff than she generally expected, and the place was impressively tidy and well kept. As they went further towards the Intensive care section, Zestari was struck with pangs of sorrow at each injured pony she saw laying trussed up or swathed in bandages. As she saw the doctors begin to deal with the stallion that Grace had drawn an ‘X’ on, she knew what was going on, and she sighed a little miserably.

“Make ourselves at home?” Zestari tilted her head, “We sleep in these beds too?” Still puzzled she went over and collected one of the coats that Grace pointed to, before returning to the group.

She relaxed a bit when Grace told them that they could visit their friends in the trenches at any time, well at least she wasn’t separated from them too much. She tugged idly on the straps of her saddlebags while Grace looked at a few more charts. They were full of all manner of herbs flowers, and plants for any alchemy she’d need to perform and were generally uncomfortable.

"Sorry, but I can't help but ask, you and Trails?"

Zestari turned towards Grace like a rabbit caught in a spotlight, surprised at the odd question.

“Uh, yes. We were together briefly, until he broke my heart.” She sighed wistfully, “I suppose it’s of little surprise that he would be drawn to a place like this – the last place in Equestria he should be…” She trailed off before looking at Grace. “Why do you ask? You know Happy?”

HP: 223
    DT: 25
    AP: 40
    RM: 5
    Crit Threshold: 94
    Botch Threshold: 4
    Dodge: 24
    S 5 – P 5 – E 4 – C 5 – I 8 – A 8 – L 7

Defences
    Ranged: 60
    Close: 74
    Explosive: 55
    Passive: 48

Weapons
    10mm pistol – Hit: 12 – Damage: 22 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 5 – Cap: 12
    .45 pistol – Hit: 12 – Damage: 29 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 8 – Cap: 7
    Unarmed – Hit: 26 – Damage: ? – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6
    Knife – Hit: 7 – Damage: ? – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4

Perks/Traits
    Perk name: Iron hoof +10 unarmed damage
    Perk name: Prancing Shadow
    Perk name: Field Medic Half AP cost to bandage

Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:05 am

Cuppa followed to the MASH, expecting something horrifying in terms of cleanliness and the state of those bed-ridden here, but she was surprised to see that the place was one of the cleanest things she'd ever seen in her time. "Oh wow, ah'm impressed ya'll keep this place so clean."

As Cuppa retrieved a labcoat and put it on, moving about to ensure it was comfortable, she overheard Grace and Zestari talking. And it didn't really sound like anything important to Cuppa, but it was something she didn't want to know, just in case she heard something she didn't want to know, so she simply stepped started looking around the MASH itself, trying to get herself acquainted with the place.
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Grace set down the clipboard she'd been holding in her magic and looked at Zesty, her smile a little weaker than before. "You could say that, considering for three years we had our own little tryst. He tends to forget about the partnership part of relationships when something happens. We fell apart when the Second Incursion started, 24/7 missions meant I only got to see him when I was stitching him up, not exactly the most romantic of dates."

Her smile kicked back into full strength, "You're right though, his favorite hang outs seem to all fit the description of 'hell hole.'"
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:13 am

Violet trotted into the tent, her lizard companion in tow. The filly looked around the tent with her glowing silver eyes, taking in the sight.

"Ooooh...There are a LOT of injured ponies here Liz! There's more here then in Friendship City's clinic when that building collapsed! And there was a lot then!" She glanced at the Gecko. "I should take you there sometime. The ponies in the clinic are nice, the other ponies in the city not-so-much though."

The two followed the rest of the group as they were led through the tent, with Violet occasionally veering off towards the beds as she made note of the afflictions of some of the injured.

'Broken femur...Punctured Lung...Twisted Neck...Ruptured Kidney...Cramps...'

She glanced at the stallion Grace marked with an X, the smile one her face faltering slightly. 'Looks like that one didn't make it...Shame...'

Her ears perked when Grace mentioned Lab Coats. Her eyes literally lit up as she turned her head towards the indicated lockers. "LAB COATS?!?" Faster then it probably should be possible for a pony she darted over, ripping open the door with her magic. "Ooooh...Mine!" she said as she pulled out one of the smaller coats, glowing eye's quickly going over the coat. "Hmm...Looks pretty thick...Probably couldn't wear this with my barding without restricting my movement...Oh well!"

She quickly started undoing the buckles of her barding, shrugging off the leather coat. If anypony were to time her, they would find that she switched out of the barding and into the coat in exactly ten seconds on the dot. She slid her saddle bags over the coat and folded the barding into them, before looking at herself and seeing how the coat fit.

"Ooooh...This is nice! I feel all medically! Like I could inexplicably do medical stuff better! And science too for some reason...Hmm...Needs glasses."

'Not that those would do anything' she noted mentally.
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:02 am

Zestari smiled at Grace softly. “Ahhh, I see. Three years was it? Much longer than he and I lasted.” She sighed. “And he has a habit of searching out danger, or placing it upon others. He shot a dear friend of mine, and that was the end of our relationship.”

There was a brief moment of silence before Zestari spoke up again, in a cheery voice, “Anyway, we’re not here to talk about the stallions in our lives, is there anything we can do to help?” She noticed Violet had already gotten her white coat on. “We’re ready to do what we can!”

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits

Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:29 am

Cuppa, having heard the conversation finish, trotted up and smiled, nodding. "Yup, we're all ready t' get straight t' business. May as well help right away, right?"
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Before Grace could get to divvying up the charts to here newest helpers, none other than Trails swaggered in with Bell in tow. He nodded to a few of the Chaplains, asking one about his foals, on his way to Grace. He smiled at Graace, not that she could see behind the face mask and gave her a weak, and a little awkward, hug.

"Grace, this here is Bell, she's cut from the same cloth as you." The large stallion said, pushing Bell forward gently with a hoof. "I figured you two would enjoy a little chit chat before the usual shit storm rolled through."

Last edited by Happy Trails on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Kestrel had followed Trails though Milk Run and had noticed a few things at the QM that caught his eyes. He needed a medium though, and right now Trails looked busy.

Kestrel would need to find a...temporary replacement.

Looking around the MASH floor Kestrel attempted to locate somepony worth asking. The familiar form of a slightly known pony caught his eye.

Cuppa Coffee? Cuppa Tea? Cuppa...something like that.

Walking over to her Kestrel let out a quick whistle to get the mares attention before presenting his offer.

"Want to make a 1000 caps?"

HP: 373
    DT: 30
    AP: 42
    DC: 21
    Botch 7
    Crit: 97
    S:8 P:8 E:7 C:2 I:8 A:7 L:4

Defenses
    Rn: 106
    Cl: 100
    Exp: 69
    Pa: 57

Loadout
    Lightning Talons
    HIT: 43 DAM: 56 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, 5 shock damage for 5 turns.

Vakara
    HC: 43 DAM: 78 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, -5 AP on crit

Hellsing
    HC: 60 DAM: 85 AP: 16 CAP: 8 CRIT: x3 SPEC: -15 DT

Casull Revolver
    HC: 60 DAM: 53 AP: 13 CRIT: x2.5 CAP: 5

Perks/Traits
    Luna Sight: +5 to hit when dark/night.
    Ghost: x2 Sneak bonus at night.
    Stonewall: Can't be knocked down in combat.
    Luna Blessed: +2 INT/PER when dark/night
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Cuppa had been minding herself, just getting acquainted with the MASH in general before Trails arrived, bringing some others that Cuppa recognised, though one in particular seemed to be walking right up to her.

Of all the ponies and griffons that could walk up to her, it had to be the one that looked the most intimidating, covered in armour with a mask hiding his face... And what he said didn't help, she remembered his name, Kestrel, but she'd never really spoken to him.

The moment he asked if she wanted to make 1000 caps, she was stunned, her brain racing for a brief moment as it took a brief trip down to the gutter before dragging itself back up. Kestrel wasn't like that, right? Yeah, he wasn't like that..........

"Uh... Ah guess so. Ah hope ya dun mind me askin'.. But what exactly do ya need me ta do?"
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 pm

"Selling a few things, need someone to do the talking for me." Kestrel explained calmly; motioning to the way to Milk Run, and the QM there.

"You help me sell my extra gear, I give you 1000 caps for the job. Quick, clean, simple. Follow me if you accept, otherwise, I'll find another."

Waiting naught for a reply Kestrel turned and began to walk away. Cuppa had best be on his heels, otherwise she was going to miss out on a good haul.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:13 pm

A wave of relief washed over the unicorn as Kestrel's answer was heard, causing her to give a slight nod. "Alright, ah can manage that." She idly said before trotting after Kestrel to catch up with him.

"Jus' how much stuff do ya have ta sell?" She would ask whilst catching up to him, 1000 caps or not, she got the impression from this griffon that if he wanted you to do something, it was best that you do it if he asks, few opportunities like this come up anyway.
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:18 pm

"A lot." Was all Kestrel said, moving forward with a hastened pace seeing that his deal had worked. Time to get this done, the griffon had a feeling it was going to be the last time he talked to a supplier for a bit. All this extra weight was not going to help him.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Winter smiles sheepishly as she was nudged forward by Trails. It was all a bit fast and rough as far as introductions are concerned, but then what would you expect from Trails. "Hello, it's lovely to meet you" she said politely with a pleasant smile. She had been told that Grace was also a medical pony, so Winter could already see a subject of conversation, should this mare even be interested in talking with her.

HP: 235
    AP: 34
    RM: 9Male/5Female
    Crit Threshold: 96+
    Botch Threshold: 6-
    Dodge: +18
    S 5 – P 5 – E 5 – C 7 – I 9 – A 6 – L 5

Defences
    Ranged: 58
    Close: 56
    Explosive: 56
    Passive: 46

Weapons
    Single Shotgun(20G) – Hit: +12 – Damage: 50 – Crit:x1 – AP: 15 – Cap: 1
    .45 Automatic Pistol(.45) - Hit: +12 - Damage: 29 - Crit:x2 - AP: 8 - Cap: 7

Perks/Traits:
    Like a Bullet: +3 to Readiness rolls.
    Field Medic: Half AP cost for applying bandages.
    Combat Medic: +5 to your Defense when healing a fallen comrade during combat.

Caps: 5228
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:03 am

During the entire time he was introducing Bell to Grace, Trails was fighting to keep his eyes trained squarely ahead. There she was again, only feet from him. His heart beat against his chest like a drum urging him forward and on, towards her. The chill of sweat ran down his back, his breath became harder to keep level.

How the hell did one mare make him this nervous? How did she cut through all of the bullshit he'd so carefully crafted into a macho persona over his life and stab straight into his heart? His eyes darted across the room, trying desperately to skip over her. They failed miserably. He saw her kind face, her almost constant smile, her gemstones of eyes. He struggled to find something to say, some random topic to focus on. Her mane? No, that was stupid.

He saw her gear, the white labcoat of a chaplain and mentally shook his head. He couldn't let her go around in something that weak, no way in hell would he let her.

"Ame-Zesty," He began by correcting himself from using his pet name for her, a rocky start to be sure. "please take these." He pulled out his old set of combat armor and undid the holster on his .45, setting both on the bed next to, and nudging them towards, her. "I can't...just please, take them with you if you ever leave the tent."
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:57 am

When Happy and his specially selected team arrived in the MASH, Zestari made it a point to try and generally avoid Happy. She felt she had said her part when they arrived and any feeling or love she had for the stallion had to be tempered by her sense of annoyance and outrage at his previous actions and opinions. Even if her heart did ache at the sight of him.

So instead she tried to focus on Winter and Grace, happy to see Winter seemed to be in good spirits despite being separated from Cross, so that was hopefully a good sign. She did wonder why Happy was bringing them in here. And why Kestrel was leading Cuppa off with him.

To try and keep her mind off Happy, she tried to distract herself with any discarded charts, diagrams or medical utensils she could find, stealing occasional glances at Happy, to see what he was doing.

When he began to talk to her, her head spun towards him, ears twitching about nervously. She looked at him wide-eyed as he said her name and then offered her some of his equipment. She stood there quietly, and nodded at Happy, not sure what sort of response was ideal for this situation, and looked about the room looking for help on what was appropriate.

Quietly she took a few steps over towards Happy and the bed where he had placed the firearm and armour, and looked down at them, biting her lip.

“Thanks Happy, this is a wonderful gesture…” she trailed off, not really sure what else to say to the stallion that didn’t churn through her mind or her heart. However something did come to her and she turned and rummaged through her yet-to-be set-aside saddlebag and pulled out a small lidded tin and like he had, placed in on the bed and nudged it with a hoof towards Happy.

“It’s healing salve; I made it before I came here. Use it on yourself or the others if you’re injured. A… and please take care, Happy.”

She frowned, she wasn’t very good at maintaining her anger at the stallion, and tried to break eye-contact by reaching for the pieces of equipment offered to her by the stallion.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits

Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 pm

“Lovely to meet you, Bell.” Grace said extending a hoof. “You must be quite the doctor if Trails snapped you up for Vityaz, he was always stealing my best surgeons to go on his little missions. We lost more doctors that way than I care to remember.” she joke, playfully jabbing Trails in the ribs. “Hopefully you'll be able to drop by over here when he's not hogging your abilities, we could certainly use the help. And a lab coat would look much better than some garish suit of combat armor.”
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Trails' mind ran on a delay around Zesty, making him stare at the salve like an idiot for a second. When it did catch up enough for him to grab the gift and stuff it in his saddlebags, it the speech part behind. So there he stood, silently looking at the mare with everything to say, but no way to say it. The urge came bubbling up to kiss her, just like it had everytime he saw her since that night in Bitter Springs. Yet again, it took everything he had to ignore it. The pair were saved from more awkward looks, and clumsily worded thank yous by a crackle on the radio patched into his helmet.

"Trails," came Hangfire's voice. "we've got a job. Grab your friends and get back to the chapel ASAP."

The big earth pony nodded, he could work now. He knew what he was doing when it came to war. It was simple, familiar. He tapped on Bell's shoulder, hoping she'd found a kindred spirit in the city.

"We need to go." His voice was low again, almost silenced by the muffling mask.

He cleared his throat and tuned his radio to the two way he'd given Scrap before leaving the Milk Run. He stole one final look at Zesty before exiting the MASH. His mind drew the parallel between the sight and one he remembered from years past, that of Grace pretending she wasn't looking as the buck walked off into the warzone for what must've been the thousandth time. Both times, his heart had ached for what he was looking at, both times he knew they didn't feel the same.

Last edited by Happy Trails on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:00 am

Winter Bell smiled and took the hoof as she shook it politely. She felt a nerve build in the pit of her stomach as Grace explained how many doctors Trails had apparently lost during his missions, she hoped she wasn't going to be apart of that list. "Thank you, and if there is any way I can help sooner, I'll be sure to make my way here as soon as I can" she said before smiling and shaking her head. "Fortunately this is more then just clothes, this is a dress armor. I've had it for a while now and it's saved my life more times then I can remember. I'll be using this" she said before noticing Zestari. She waved to her Zebra friend, a little surprised to see her here and also a little worried for her. She waved her over, hoping to at least speak with her before heading out again.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits:

Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Having finished trading with the Quartermaster for Kestrel's financial gain, Cuppa was amazed at the amount gained before giving a small nod to Kestrel in thanks for giving her the money she was due for the services rendered, causing her to trot back to the MASH 1000 caps richer and ready for helping patch up wounded ponies.

"Ah'm ready now, jus' had ta help Kestrel."
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:45 pm

"Dress armor, eh, wish the quartermaster's here were that fashion forward. Though my luck they wouldn't have it in my size." Grace joked. "This lab coat doesn't really work after labor day, but it does help me blend in with all the snow rather nicely."
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Winter smiled again, "It is quite nice, and it moves nicely, instead of weighing you down and making you feel uncomfortable" she replied. "I bet those lab coats give you allot of moving room too" she said, about to get into the conversation of fashion, clothes and fabrics before she heard Trails call to move out. She said her goodbyes and followed the others as they left. Before they left however she gave a quick look around for a sign of Cross, before leaving the tent entirely.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits:

Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:32 am

(Whoops I joined in late... I didn't even notice the separate threads had started already... stupid me)

Breeze was surprised to find that the place was pretty clean. She glanced over all of the injured ponies, and noticed the stallion marked dead. She had learned at this point for the most part how to surpress her feelings and hide them from even herself, but she was almost sure that she was getting a negative feeling different than anger. It was hard to remember what anything but anger and regret felt like.
    That violet pony made more comments to her lizard, which just made the filly seem crazy and creepy. As if those glowing eyes weren't enough.
    She pretended not to listen to Zesty's conversation with Grace. So, the zebra and Happy Trails were together for a while, huh? It sounded like none of his relationships went over too well.
    Labcoats. They were nice, Breeze guessed, but she preferred her Kahn vest. She had it tucked away in her saddlebags for the time being, but she still preferred it. Putting on the white labcoat just made her fur look even dirtier than it was. She was fairly clean, though. Cleaner than usual.
    Breeze saw Kestrel, and watched him go over to Cuppa Beans. She gave him a bit of a glare, feeling those pangs of anger, regret, and self-hatred. Those feelings rose up even further in seeing Winter Bell. Avoiding letting Winter see her, and avoiding looking at the mare, Breeze felt an emotion that had become fairly unfamiliar since her initiation into the Kahns. Nervousness, and anxiety. Winter, the last time Breeze had checked, was a friend. A friend who she hadn't seen since she left Stableton. What would Bell think of her now?
    Unfortunately, Breeze thought to herself, I'm not the greatest at hiding alone.
    She gave a close-mouthed sigh of relief when she and Happy left.
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:21 am

Slowly, and pointedly keeping her eyes away from Happy, Zestari put the pistol away and started folding the armour up – it would need some adjustment before she would fit into it. Zestari was saved from further awkwardness when Happy announced that it was time to go. Zestari was still confused as to why they had come here in the first place

As he turned to leave, she finally looked up. Watching as he slowly trotted out of the MASH. As he turned his head, she tried to divert her eyes, not wanting him to see her looking towards him. She felt a pang of sorrow, wondering when she’d next see the brown stallion. She turned away slightly to see Winter waving at her, and Zestari was about to wave back before realising Winter was trying to actually wave her over. Zestari nodded.

“Wait, before you go!” Zestari trotted after Winter, reaching her ice-blue coated friend, she pulled her aside, “We’ll be just one moment,” she said over her shoulder as she tugged Winter away from the group a little.

“Hey, you wanted to talk to me?”

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits

Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Winter looked back as she felt Zestari's hoof pull her aside. She smiled to her and nodded when she asked why she had waved her over, "Well I was hoping we could catch up a little, but it looks like we're heading out now" she said with a slightly sad expression that she couldn't catch up with her before going out on this dangerous mission. "Anyway I guess all I can say now is, stay safe" she said and gave her a hug, "Even if we win it wont be a victory if I don't have my friend here to share it with" she said with a small smile.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:36 am