Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

The Chapel (Vityaz)

Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

The Chapel (Vityaz) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Chapel (Vityaz)

Post by Kestrel on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:09 am

Kestrel finished sharpening his Vakara within a few minutes. Giving the weapon a few testing swings, Kestrel nodded in satisfaction. It felt good...damn good. He looked forward to testing it out later. For now though he wandered when the next mission was going to come about, it had been almost an entire day since the last one.

HP: 373
    DT: 30
    AP: 42
    DC: 21
    Botch 7
    Crit: 97
    S:8 P:8 E:7 C:2 I:8 A:7 L:4

Defenses
    Rn: 106
    Cl: 100
    Exp: 69
    Pa: 57

Loadout
    Lightning Talons
    HIT: 43 DAM: 56 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, 5 shock damage for 5 turns.

Vakara
    HC: 43 DAM: 78 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, -5 AP on crit

Hellsing
    HC: 60 DAM: 85 AP: 16 CAP: 8 CRIT: x3 SPEC: -15 DT

Casull Revolver
    HC: 60 DAM: 53 AP: 13 CRIT: x2.5 CAP: 5

Perks/Traits
    Luna Sight: +5 to hit when dark/night.
    Ghost: x2 Sneak bonus at night.
    Stonewall: Can't be knocked down in combat.
    Luna Blessed: +2 INT/PER when dark/night
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:48 am

When morning came Trails made sure that Breeze was OK and took her back to the MASH, no doubt Grace would need her. When he was finished checking up on his friends in the hospital he left and went for a quick run. The outer trench loop was used as the track for all PT, at 10 miles long the full circuit was lovingly referred to as "The Appleloosa Trail". Running it brought back more bittersweet memories to a simpler, yet altogether more dangerous, time 7 years ago when he first entered the city.

When he finally finished his loop the Enclave had started a snow storm, turned the pooled water into thick sheet of ice. Even this made the stallion remember when he first began the fight. Scraper duty was something that every rookie learned to love and cherish while they were training. As tedious as it was, at least you weren't doing PT. With old memories filling his head he returned to the chapel and trotted back to the offices Vityaz called home.

Hangfire, Mags, and Mil Dot all stood in various stages of impatience outside the bathroom. Trails smiled and joined the line for the showers. Along the way he grabbed another MRE off the table, tearing it open with his teeth and pouring some water from his canteen into it. After a few seconds some 'nice' and hot vegetable soup was ready for him.

"Bell?" He asked Mil Dot while chewing on a mouthful of veg.

"No idea." Mil answered.

"They've been in there for what seems like forever." Mags added.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Kestrel approached the line of soldiers already ready to go for the next mission. His weapons were secured in all their holsters/sheaths and his armor had been given a bit of a paint job to help it blend in better with the arctic environs of Stalliongrad.

He offered a respectful nod in their direction as he took up a position near by.

"Whats the Sitrep?"

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 am

Winter arrived to meet with the others a few minutes latter, with her Battle Dress, mask and a towel levitated next to her. She gently laid them down on a nearby table along with her medical satchel, ready for her when she was out of the shower. She smiled to the others, "Good morning" she said as she trotted over to converse with them.

HP: 235
    DT: 25
    AP: 34
    RM: 9Male/5Female
    Crit Threshold: 96+
    Botch Threshold: 6-
    Dodge: +18
    S 5 – P 5 – E 5 – C 7 – I 9 – A 6 – L 5

Defences
    Ranged: 58
    Close: 56
    Explosive: 56
    Passive: 46

Weapons
    Single Shotgun(20G) – Hit: +12 – Damage: 50 – Crit:x1 – AP: 15 – Cap: 1
    .45 Automatic Pistol(.45) - Hit: +12 - Damage: 29 - Crit:x2 - AP: 8 - Cap: 7

Perks/Traits:
    Like a Bullet: +3 to Readiness rolls.
    Field Medic: Half AP cost for applying bandages.
    Combat Medic: +5 to your Defense when healing a fallen comrade during combat.

Caps: 5228
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:52 am

"Morning." Trails and the rest of the old guard vityaz chorused.

"Wanna join in on the wait line for the shower?" Hangfire joked. "I can't imagine they'll be in there for much longer."

"Hot water'll be out soon." added Mil Dot.

This line seemed to make the junior vityaz member snap, as Mags started rapping on the door angrily with her forehooves. "DAMMIT FINISH UP!"

Trails laughed and pushed the mare back with a hoof. "I'll take care of it." With a wink to the young corporal he flung the door open on the pony who'd been hogging the bathroom.

Well pony wasn't the right word. There stood Brutus in a shower cap and with a towel draped around him. The wolf froze as he lathered shaving cream on his muzzle and looked deadfaced to Trails. For a moment they stood there paralyzed, slowly though, the dog resumed shaving. Gradually bringing Trails' razor to his whiskers without breaking eye contact with the stallion.

Trails backed out and shut the door before turning to address the line. "He'll be out in a sec."

Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Winter cocked her head to the side as she smirked, raising an eyebrow at Hangfire's joke, "Well it's not like I have anything better to do today" she said as she joined them. When Trails opened the door, Winter had no words to describe what she was seeing. Her eyes stared, unblinking and her mouth worked to make words that didn't come out. When the door closed her eye twitched. She stood there, unsure what to make of what she saw before she turned to Trails, "I'm not even going to ask..." she said finally, her brain hurting from just thinking about what she saw.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits:

Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Kira had been taking it easy ever since she had got back after the first mission, the gryphoness looked up from the place she had been sleeping when things started to happen again and the ponies started to stir thing up again. She shook her head at the ponies as she got up and stretched her self, it had not been the best place to sleep but what could she do about it.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:27 pm

Kestrel for his part, remained unfazed at the sight beyond the door, choosing not to twitch or yell or have a mental breakdown. No Kestrel just perked a brow then shrugged his massive shoulders before turning around and moving off towards the commons area. Not worth the headache to ask.

"I'll be in Commons." the gruff tone of the griffon delivered, before fading out with the wind.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 pm

After another 10 minutes of awkward waiting for Brutus to finish...what in Equestria a wolf does in the shower, he exited the bathroom with a rolled up AL paper in his mouth and allowed the team to continue getting ready for their day. By the time Trails was finished with his shower, a tight 3 minute scrub, Hangfire was on the HAM getting the next assignment for the elite squad.

The big earth pony tuned out conversation Hangfire and command were having as background noise and took the time to check over his gear. One of his brush guns had jammed on him in the last mission, a rare failure for the rugged design, one that couldn't be allowed to happen again. He DCOAed the gun along with the rest of his equipment and inspected them all with the most critical eye he could muster.

The old armor he'd gotten out of his footlocker was in the worst shape by far. 3 years of combat had worn against it before he left Grad, yet still it held against molten plasma bursts. It often glowed red from the heat, occasionally singing him as he wore it, but it never failed. He scrubbed off the scorch marks and put it on like the second skin it had become. When he was dressed and ready Hangfire came over and announced their mission.

"Echo got hit hard, hard enough they're sending everypony they can spare to reinforce it." he began. "While the rest of the AL does that we're to focus on hitting back. In a big way. Trails, go in there and make that bastard officer cough up one of their forward outposts. Soon as you get it, we're wiping it off the map."

Trails nodded and turned down the corridor to the closet that held the officer. Calling back as he went, "Bell, on me."

As Trails went off to take care of the intel Hangfire addressed the rest of his squad.

"We're all working together on this one, Trails knows your skills, but I don't. We need to fix that." He said firmly. "Also if you have any questions, any concerns, no matter how minor. I need them resolved now."
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:29 am

Kestrel was silent for a moment before turning and addressing the stallion that had spoken to the team. Trails had talked about him a bit, but not much. Kestrel knew why the buck was asking what he was however, and quickly spoke up. No point in wasting time.

"I'm better with stealth, but frontline work is acceptable. Give me a gun, a blade, my talons, and a target. I will fight."

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:55 am

Kira stood silent listening to what Hangfire said during his briefing, this time it sounded like something big very big full frontal assault big. This was something the gryphoness knew how to handle as all the sneaking around from the last mission was something that did not really fit her, but now with a full frontal assault planed she could be of more use.

"Will need a bigger gun and more grenades for my launcher so I can keep supporting the rest of my team. But just give me something that explodes and I can use it."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 am

Winter had enjoyed the hot shower, allowing the water to run through her white mane and between the fibers of pale blue that made her coat. She closed her eyes and sighed, trying to forget all that happened yesterday. The deaths of two more ponies weighed heavily on her and she seemed unable to throw it aside whenever she was quietly by herself. Sure Trails had helped, but even his counseling could only go so far towards her conscience.

She stepped out of the shower and had been drying her mane as Hangfire explained their next mission, which seemed far more dangerous then the first one. She put on her dress armor, which she had cleaned prior to the shower before putting the rest of her gear on, finally pulling her medical satchel over her neck to swing to her left side. She looked to Trails and smirked slightly as she replied, "There's nothing 'on you' Trails, apart from that spot you missed behind your ear there" she joked as she trotted over to him.

Joking was good, it distracted you from the rest of the bad, even if it was only for a moment. She took a breath before exhaling deeply, ready to push on with the day, "Ready when you are" she said finally as she waited for him to lead on.v

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits:

Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Scraps, as per his usual course, stayed quiet while the others talked and while Hangfire adressed them, listening to the briefing in silence, processing the given information. Following the examples of Kes and Kira he spoke up, giving his strengths.

"I'm probably not the best for this, my strengths are more along the technological lines."
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am

Hangfire looked down at Scrap with a worried look. "Second guessing yourself isn't something you need to be doing. Trails chose you for a reason, trust me there's plenty of tech ponies round here that he could've picked instead. Don't sell yourself short kid, we're all counting on each other."

---------------------

The closet was nearly pitch black, the only light came from a fast dying fluorescent bulb that crackled as it struggled to stay on. Trails pulled out a pair of folding chairs and sat back in one, giving the officer a searching look.

"Bravo." He said at last. "You had to have known about that stunt against Echo, and managed to keep your mouth shut. Because of you a lot of good ponies died last night. That puts you on my superiors 'shit-list'. Me? Well I can't say I'm too thrilled but I respect the strength you showed. So I'm keeping the dogs off. Figure we can have ourselves a nice little chit chat. Isn't that right Bellsy?"
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Scraps nodded to Hangfire and spoke up again, this time actually detailing his strengths without being too pessimistic.

"Alright, then my stengths would be hacking, and repairing, I'm also pretty good at picking locks. As for combat, my lightning pistol is fairly damaging, but I'm not exactly a direct assault trooper, as I can't stand more the a few hits from the enclave rifles."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Winter emerged from the darkness, the light from the center of the room showing half her face slightly before she emerged completely beside Trails, "If it stops unnecessary violence then yes, we can talk" she said as she stood, looking on at the two.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits:

Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:55 pm

"We don't know what we're doing exactly yet, and if you can open doors and turn on security systems then that's a definite advantage." Hangfire said. "Trails may come off as an 'audacity is the best strategy' buck but I've seen enough of him to know better. He'll play to all of our strengths, not just his."

--------------------------------

"Naturally we want a little payback." Trails said after a long time, cracking a little smile as he did so. "Eye for an eye and all that shit. I'm not gonna bother threatening to unleash the dogs on you or any of that played out 'mine's bigger' stuff. How's about we crack a little deal? I imagine you'd like to be a little more comfortable than just dangling like a piece of meat." Trails paused to lean back in his chair and take a sip from his canteen. "Whatcha say you give us the location of one of your Heavy ordnance forward positions, and I let you down from there? Maybe even take you to an actual cell with a bed if it all pans out."

Speech roll: 78 Requirement: 75 Pass

"Sounds close..." the officer groaned. "But maybe we can work out something closer. Let's be honest a Heavy squad's worth more than just a little comfort."

"What then?"

"A little company." The pegasus managed a grin at Bell despite his obvious pain. "And privacy."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:18 am

Winter flashed a look towards Trails for a moment. The reaction she felt was to turn her nose up in disgust and glare at the Pegasus, but, this could work for them if all they needed was information. She felt a little sick inside with what she was about to do, but it went for a good cause. The amount of lives they could save with this information would be worth a little show of flank.

Her demeanor changed as she smiled sweetly, her eyes half lidded as she made a sound as if contemplating that thought. She eyed the Pegasus and trotted a few steps closer with a slink in her gait, flicking her tail behind her as she moved. She tilted her head a little, allowing her freshly washed mane to roll off her shoulder as she flashed the best sultry look she could. "I think we could agree to that" she began, still smiling, "But I wouldn't want you to be taking advantage of little old me" she said in a soft voice.

She gently touched a hoof to his chest as she locked eye contact with her amethyst eyes, running her hoof along his chest in a smooth circular motion to tease him slightly, "How about you tell him what he needs to know so we can have a little lone time, I don't like to be kept waiting" she said a softer smoother voice as she stared on into his eyes, looking away for just a moment to appear a little shy, even if she felt sick inside.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits:

Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:30 am

The officer's smile widened as Bell teased him. Clearly the stallion was loving every second of this. "Yeah, I think we can work something out." He said with out breaking his hungry gaze at the mare. "There's a Heavy Ordnance camp about 10 blocks from what you call Echo. Northeasterly heading should get you there." After a moment of consideration he added, "I never bothered keeping up with the status of other units, no telling how many of them there are. Hell they may have relocated since i last updated my intel. But after last night there's bound to be some activity in the area."

"Thanks for the cooperation, scratch my back and all that." Trails rose from his chair and opened the door. "If it pans out we'll hold up our end of the bargain." With a curt jerk of his head to Bell the Stallion exited the closet and briskly strode to the common room where the rest of Vityaz waited. "We've got a target, intel on its status is minimal, but it's a solid lead. I don't want us all going in blind so we're gonna be splitting into mixed teams." Despite his long absence the Apostolov members of Vityaz all fell into line soon as Trails began, the weight of his words still carrying their full brunt.

"Mil Dot, Kes, Scrap, Hangfire, you four will be Bravo. Staying in a support position for alpha: Mags, Gibbs, Bell, Kira, and I. We'll knock on their door while you flank and eliminate. Pretty simple really. Expect heavy resistance though, so move slow and keep it tight. We good?"
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Scraps nodded after Trails gave him his orders and quickly moved over to where the others of his designated team were. He wasn't sure about the two Vityaz ponies, but he had worked with Kestrel, and knew they worked at least decently well together, so that was some small cold-comfort.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Kestrel nodded silently and made to double check all his gear. He at least knew one on his current team, Scrap the young tech that could hack damn near anything. Seemed odd to be giving him to support, but if the team was on flanking duty it made a bit more sense.

His gear ready and resolve reaffirmed, Kes stood and went to stand next to the other members of his team.

"Ready."

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Kira was quite though the briefing as she listened to Trails, she was quick to check her own equipment making sure to keep count the grenades she had left before she finally have a nod to show that she was ready.

"Ready as I can be." She said as she when over her roll in her head again, being the anvil for the hammer was not something she really liked but she understood why she was placed in that roll as grenades kind of drew the attention away from well most things really.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm

"If it pans out we'll hold up our end of the bargain."

Winter had to suppress the urge to mutter something along the lines of 'Never going to happen' as she followed Trails back to the others without a word. After Trails finished telling everypony who would be going with who she would wait until everypony began moving before she said quietly to Trails, "If you tell any pony what happened back there I will end you" she said with a small flat look.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits:

Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Trails whispered his answer to Bell in a tone as serious as her face. "Don't worry about anything, all of this is just a mind game between me and that bastard in the closet. I won by hitting him square in the balls with a pretty mare, he'll never see you again."

When the rest of the team was geared up the stallion began the march out to echo. The trek was a relatively short one, Echo only being a few clicks east of Bravo, but he had a feeling that their clock would be ticking the whole time. When they got to the outskirts of the base he motioned for the team to follow him out of the trenches. The base was still visibly on fire in some parts, others were completely leveled, if anything it was surprising it still stood at all. Putting the devastation in the back of his mind Trails raised a hoof, telling the team to stop, halfway to their target.

"This is where we split up." he said, keeping his voice low. "Bravo, set up in these ruins and get ready to give us cover if we get pushed back, or support if we're surrounded. Alpha, we're moving out."

He knew full well how vague his orders were, and how fucked they'd be if Bravo became anything other than an unnecessary contingency. The intel he'd gotten lacked any detail that might give his team a heads up. They might as well be running blind while poking at a luna damned ursa major. Not that this was anything new for Vityaz, most missions had been like this for them. No, it was his Stableton recruits he was nervous for. Zestari's words rang heavy in his ears, forcing doubt and guilt into his mind. Both things he couldn't afford.

All this would vanish when he got into battle, he told himself. It was just nerves after all. His team was solid, the best he could make. No, the best anypony could make. They'd be more than fine, they'd be perfect.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Kestrel took his position without question or comment, laying down and bracing himself amongst some of the rubble; checking over his shoulders to make sure his flanks were covered and he could get the hell out of dodge if need be.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content