Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+2
Sanura Heartsnug
Sub Warden
6 posters

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Post by Aquilinus Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Watching as the Unicorn headed out to get some shopping done, Aquilinus decided to join her and head off to the shop with her. "I think I could use some better armor for this, I'll head to the shop and get some." He stated as he stepped outside. "Better safe then sorry right?" He followed the Unicorn into the store, he was shocked to see the amount of things for sale there. His eyes were drawn to one thing though, a set of armor that he couldn't place. But it just seemed to fit for him.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Spectre watches as some of the others headed out to get supplies, he figured he had everything he would need on him already, so he turned back to Rookie. "Are we meeting back here, or somewhere else? I have nothing I need from the store, not that I would trust anything bought from this town anyway." Spectre stepped outside of Rookies house, he didn't like being in such a small space... At least not when he wasn't waiting for something.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Rookie followed Spectre out of the door. "Yeah. Back here. So, can you disarm mines well?" Rookie asked, curious. They needed a smart guy to lead the disarming operation. Heh, it sounded as if he was leading a huge operation involving mines, but he wasn't. He chuckled slightly at the thought.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Sanura didn't quite catch a good portion of the conversation, it was probably due to the knocking and sudden arrival of the first zebra that had sent a little start through her thin frame and the gasp that came with it, also the remainder of the magically floated apple peel which promptly tangled itself up just past her throat and send her beating lightly on her breast as she coughed and hacked in a most attractive way, turning away from the others as she made her awful noises, not quite able to pick up on Aqui's stare or really most of anything that was going on as she put her head toward a corner as if to try and hide herself.

A bit of retching gagging later she finally spun back around with tears welled in her eyes and swallowing the soreness in her throat as she spoke up, "W-what's going on now?" she said and cleared her voice once more before noticing... everyone was walking out! "Hey!" she started after them, "Where are we goin'?" behind everyone... eying the zebras... she'd never seen many of them at all. Ever.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Rookie noticed that she was choking most of the time and cringed at her gagging noises. Rook walked back into the house and opened his fridge, then pulled out a squirrel soup. He sometimes caught squirrels and brings them back home. Sometimes. He put the food on the table, obviously meant for Sanura. If she ate an apple peel then she must have been hungry. Rookie went to explain, sitting down. "They agreed to the mission, pretty much, and now they are going to head down to the Stableton store. Spectre, for one, is staying here because he's fine with the stuff he has." He finished.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Sanura coughed one last time as she halted when Rookie crossed her path, trying not to bump into him as she skittered just a tad bit before food was brought out and attention was successfully diverted, casting a glance between him and the stew with a little sniff to see just what it might be before that horn glowed and a little spoon slipped out from beneath her bags as she tucked in with a nice healthy appetite, speaking between bites as she stomached the meat and veggies, seeming to go for the vegetables first but free food? Never something to complain about it.

"Oh, more supplies?" she said as she swallowed another bite and looked up, "I'd go but I'm pretty broke -" she paused to shovel a quick bite and chew it up before swallowing, "Right now. Shouldn't need too much to dig up mines should we?" and then back into the stew.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 pm

"Yeah, yeah." Rookie replied, looking down to the floor and thinking of the things they need. The two will probably come back with some decent supplies for themselves. He looked back up to Sanura. "Hope you liked it. Its a special dish." He finished, and messed with an audio file he had. He was a little impatient, but he could wait. He wont die waiting, he hoped.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Didn't take long to eat, she ate like she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to stay and finish it and thus it was gone shortly after she started and the spoon suckled clean though she avoided doing anything of the sort to the bowl itself as she stood up, "Err... We should probably go with them huh? Then we don't have to wait and we might see something we need. Who knows, might even find something interesting." she grins, "Also... Thanks for the food, what was so special about it though?" as she trots around the table, pointing herself toward the door.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 pm

"It was made with some real spices. Homegrown, actually. Jalapeno and pepper. Very good stuff." He replied, and walked out to Spectre. The door was wide open so she and Spectre could hear what he was saying. "Yeah, so that's all the details of this job. Sorry, Sanura, I'd rather stay here and wait for them." He said.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Spectre sat outside waiting, he didn't pay much attention when Rookie went back inside, just enough to know roughly where he was, right now he was just thinking to himself. Seems like a strange request from this Cargo Run... Why send us into a minefield... What's so important about these mines? So what their custom design, a bombs a bomb.

His thoughs soon drifted onto the others who were going along. Rookie seems to have good intentions... Could be a ruse though, gonna keep an eye on him. Aquilinus? If he's got amnesia he's less likely to try mess me about, I can trust him... A little. Sanura seems quite... Innocent? No... Not quite that, but she doesn't seem dangerous. It could be a very well established act though, easy way to get everypony in close... Then cut em off one by one... Just like I did oh so long ago... Spectre smirked as he remembered how he stalked and killed those who had raised him as their 'pet Zebra.' [i]Oh how I relished slaughtering those bastards... And they didn't even realise it was me..."

He knew there was another pony who had gone with Aquilinus to the store, but he couldn't remember her name... Nor had he really seen anything of her, so he waited before he passed any kind of judgement. Spectre let his thoughts wander back to the moment he had killed the leader of that raider gang he was with... His owner, and since he taught Spectre pretty much everything, Spectre also viewed him as a father, but that didn't stop him from viewing the moment of his death as a joyous moment, and one he will never forget... His thoughts had drifted so far he didn't even register that Rookie had walked back out the house.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 pm

She blinked when he said he'd actually put things into it... it explained the mild burn in her muzzle right that moment but she didn't say anything of it. Her ear quirking some as he decided that he was gonna stay, "Oh..." she stared, and then smiled, "We can wait then." she nodded firmly and trotted back around to her side of the table, "We can wait then." and looked out for a moment toward spectre who seemed quite content to sit there and entertain his paranoia, not that she knew. Looking back to Rookie, "Thanks again though you.. .really didn't have to." she laughed softly, lifting a hoof to rub the side of her neck, "Do you really have your own garden though?" she said and leaned forward suddenly, almost bumping the table, "Where... things actually grow and... don't turn into monstrous monsters with spicy teeth?" her head canting ot the side.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:40 pm

"Mare mostly handles it. She likes raising them when she has the chance. In fact, she used most of her caps to make food for us. Most of them die due to the lack of purified water, but we manage. If you want, when we get back from the Minefield i can show you. Mare will probably be back by then and be able to explain." Rookie said, and turned around to Sanura. "Mare has the only key to the room. She insisted."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:47 pm

She snickered some, "Maybe they're not dieing and she's eating half of them before you get a chance." she nodded firmly, "Sneaky, crafty little thing she must be." she grinned a bit before going on, "I might take ya up on that though if things go well, have a lot I have to buy." she laughed softly, "Though I'd be happy with just eating and not catching a face full of dirt and metal, or someone else, cause that's just eh.." she wobbled for a moment, feigning as though she might fall over, "Just a nice run for hidden things that blow up right? Should be nice and simple yes?"
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Rookie walked a little closer when she started wobbling, but stopped himself. She ended up fine. "Should be. As i said, some mines have been brought back but most ponies get, um...get hurt. In one way or another, somebody ends up hurt." He replied in his normal dull tone. "Hey, I'll tell you a portion of my past and you tell me a portion of yours? Is that fair? We kind of have to trust each other, the whole group in fact, and we don't want to betray each other out of the blue." Although he was being serious, the curious side of him was kicked into place. "...Unless you don't want to do that either. We are kind of running out of topics to talk about."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 pm

She just kinda stared at him for a moment when he mentioned that last bit, had they really been talking that long? She didn't think she was that boring was she? She nodded though, "A-alright." as she rubbed at hone forearm, she was visibly uncomfortable with the idea but put on that almost charming smile anyways as she agreed to it, she felt a bit like she had to and for more reasons than just the food and the group, "You first though. Don't want to give away the big secret for somethin' little." she teased, playing it off as she composed herself, "After all you're supposed to save that for when you're ready to knock everyone down."
    Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Glancing at the armor he turned to the shop keep, "How much for the..." Looking at the nameplate below the armor as he read it "Legion Prime Barding and helmet?" He couldn't tell you if he wanted to but that armor just seemed right for him. He looked to see what the Unicorn was purchasing.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 pm

"Guess ill start when i was born.

I was born in Stable 113 along with most of the other Stableton inhabitants. I was the son of a beautiful pegasus mare, and a unicorn father. My father had a broken horn due to a very bad accident and thus couldn't use his magic to pick up things as effectively as a horned unicorn could.

My mother was the most beautiful mare in the Stable at the time, and when the two met...it sounded beautiful. When they finally kissed, they said it felt like everything they will be and everything they can be. It was like the whole universe greeted them. That was how they had known they were soul mates. They were together for ten more years, got married in the cutest way, and then they were expecting! They fell in love so much that they had me. When i was born, they didn't know what they were expecting other then a male. They were pleasantly surprised when i came out. I actually walked on my feet the next day. I was the adventurer.

My sister, however, may have been known as a disappointment to them. They were thinking of a unicorn, and....heck, they weren't even expecting a twin. I love Mare very much. The saddest thing is their name. The Stable was required to name their children when they were born. At least, that's what i was told. So they came up with a decent name. 'Mare'. Her real name is Marid, but that name just kind of stuck. Odd name, i know, but it was a name. Rarely, when a unicorn and a pegasus are together...the genes don't mix. She's an Earth Pony. Unique. But she had a mix of Dad and Mom that i never had. I love her with all my heart, she's the best sister i could ever have." He noticed that he was getting carried away.

"Well, that's one part of my story. You?"
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Sanura just listened, it sounded like a wonderful thing his parents had going, the kind of things her and the other young one's used to speak of... kind of enticing really but at the same time she couldn't help but feel a bit out of sorts with the whole thing, it seemed like a wonderful family that made her childhood feel almost inadequate but she listened patiently, smiled and nodded to make sure that he know she was focused on what he was saying whilst watching him with those aqua colored eyes. "Me? Right... right." she cleared her throat and opened her lips... then shut them Obviously not wanting to start there or... there or...

She furrowed her brow and realized there were a lot of places that she really didn't want to start in a lot of places and leaned back as if she might not do it but then she forced herself to speak up and put on that pleasant smile again, "Sounds like you had a great family." she nodded, "A lot of my early years were just spent taking care of the other kids but eventually I got to meet the doctor out in the wastes." Finally having to decided to pick up in the middle of things, "He was really nice... taught me lots of things and took me all over the place. Err.... well he tok me all over Manehatten for a while, even got to spend some time in Tenpony Tower when we had to go into town for supplies and books." she said and then all of the sudden just flopped forward on the table and put her hooves over her ears, "Ugh the books... so hard." she sighed and then went on, "Never got to stay in there for long but we visited a lot of the outlying villages and he let me help all the time when there were people that were sick or hurt and... Yeah." she laughed softly, "Guess there's really not a whole ton to say about that though."
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Spectre had snapped out of his reverie as he registered what seemed to be quite an in depth conversation between Rookie and Sanura. He wondered just how long he had been lost in his own memories... But pushed that all aside as he tried to catch some of what the two ponies were talking about. He couldn't properly make out the conversation, but got enough to gather they were talking about their pasts. Interesting... He thought to himself.

Content that they weren't planning any malicious acts he got up and made his way back towards Rookies house, walking quieter than most as he did naturally. He figured that with only two others in there, he could stay in the small space without worrying about somepony trying to stab him in the back. He walked through the door, not making a sound and stood inside. "Think i'll wait in here for now."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Sanura was almost thankful when Spectre came in, not because she didn't want to talk to Rookie but it gave her a chance to try and change the subject as she smiled brightly to Spectre, "Oh? Gonna come join our little party here huh?" she nodded firmly, "Don't think I caught your name earlier, but mine's Sanura." she said as she lifted her head, "Gonna be going first into the field right?" she teased the zebra. trying not to focuse too hard on him, after all there weren't many of his kind that she'd seen.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Rookie stayed quiet as the two talked for perhaps a second. "Yeah. Im just...you know, going to let you two talk it out for a moment." He said, and put his hat on his face to cover the light that's probably going to go through anyway.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Spectre found Sanuras actions strange, she was clearly trying to tease him a little, but also seemed cautious about offending him. Strange mare... He thought. "My name's Spectre, and I suppose I figured sitting outside was hardly going to help me be able to travel with this group." He looked at Sanura, almost as though he thought he might be able to spot an act, but for the most part it seemed genuine. "I'm not really the sort to lead from the front, more appear in the enemies midst... Or hunt them down one by one... But in this sort of situation, I think i'll let somepony better trained to deal with explosives to go ahead. Or if there is nopony like that... Then they can step on a mine instead of me, and be so kind as to have warned me it was there, even if that warning is their blood sprayed across my face..."

Spectre didn't put much thought into how Sanura would react to his display of just how little he cared about the lives of the rest of the group. But he wasn't about to act all nicey nicey just for their comfort.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Sanura looks briefly over toward Rookie as he suddenly just withdrew from the conversation like that, quirking an ear, "Oh... okay." she nodded, watching that hat go down, maybe he was tired? She decided not to push it, letting her own concerns eat at her as she looked back to the Zebra. Listening... staring... and staring a good deal more. Her lips even parting just a bit as he went into such detail about the part of someone else gruesomely warning him about the way he wanted ponies to warn him. "I... Well-" she stopped and then decided rather suddenly that he was joking and forced a nervous and lightly stomped the floor, oh such an unconvincing laugh it was, 'Ohahah hahaha-ha... That's a really good joke spectre." she nodded firmly. "Have stitches in my side." she said and pressed out another grin, "Maybe we should just get get a really long stick then..."
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Spectre noticed Sanura was staring at him a lot. "Yes... Joke... Why not. Oh and Sanura, your staring is painfully obvious. I take it you haven't seen many zebras, I suppose not many have... If you want to ask me questions feel free, but you may not like the answers you get. I have nothing to hide." Spectre realised that was perhaps the closest he had come to being nice to anypony in a while. Was he really beginning to relax around these ponies already? He found the notion strange, yet not impossible. "We seem to have a bit of time to kill before the other two get back anyway."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Sanura's face just about flushed with a subtle pink color from top to bottom as he mentioned her staring and even before he was done talking she quickly averted her gaze away and down into the bowl of soup or what was left of it, refusing from that point on to look right at him at all. "S-sorry." she said and then laughed just a bit, "Oh no I just... Yeah I haven't seen a whole lot of zebras, mostly in books and I think I remember one from when I was younger but-" she shook her head, "Questions? I guess I can ask some." starting to look up before she diverted off toward the wall behind him, "Do Zebras get cutie marks too?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am