The outside world can never hurt you

Mansion on Haunted Hill [Closed]

Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Mansion on Haunted Hill [Closed]

Post by Galactic Dash on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 pm

The Day after Nightmare Night...

A middle-aged unicorn pony laid regally on a well-maintained couch, reading a fairly good-condition book, in a large study lined with likewise almost mint-condition books. Such a collection of pristine books that likely even a member of the Twilight Society would be impressed by it. He smoked on a pipe as he looked from the book he was reading to a .454 Casull revolver laying on one of the arms of the couch closest to his head. He then moved his gaze to the doors of the study as they opened, he had left them unlocked just this once so everything could move steadily in the upcoming event he had planned.

The unicorn pony mare who entered was his wife, Bane Silver, whom he had been as officially married as he could be for around 20 years now. His name was Sooth Sight, and he was the 10th heir to the mansion of Crystal Hill. He looked to the mare and smiled lightly, "Ah, if isn't my dear wife... I trust your errand in Stableton was successful?" The other unicorn mare approached him and laid down on the couch beside him, "Yes, I spread all the invitations to the ponies you said to... Most of them should have noticed them by now... I'm still not sure why you're doing this, though... Inviting all those dirty wastelanders into our lovely mansion..." Sooth shook his head, "In the prewar times, the owners of mansions such as these wouldn throw parties all the time. Besides, the engraved nature of this place makes such an event a lovely time." Bane Silver pouted, but nodded and picked herself up off the couch, "I guess I'll get all the boxes ready, then..." Sooth nodded, "Yes, indeed, get all the boxes ready."

When Bane Silver left, Sooth picked himself up as well and went over to the nearest window, looked out over the trees to the barrens below the hill. As he stood he heard the door creak once again, "Something else, dear?" he asked. He recieved no answer. He turned around and looked to the door and saw that it was quite firmly shut, as it almost always was. Sooth furrowed his brow and then looked back to the window. He predicted that it would be about an hour until his guests arrived.

--

In Stableton, around 2pm...

Dash looked over the invitation he had found in an envelope with his name on it. He had at first thought it was from his parents, but the envelope had been sealed with some sort of fancy seal. One about Crystal Hill Mansion. He had heard some rumors about that place, mostly about that the place actually had living trees around, and something about it being haunted and the owner never leaving it. Some of the caravan merchants who frequented the area said that the place was so secure, that once and entire Raider tribe had marched out to take it, but then simply vanished. 2000 caps for spending a night in a creepy mansion seemed like easy money, but from the sound of things, it was perhaps a sort of party as well, and one prize he offered greatly attracted his attention.

--

Dear Galactic Dash,

My name is Sooth Sight. My wife and I reside in Crystal Hill mansion about 5 miles to the northeast. I am not sure where that is according to Stabletec's Pipibucks' grid system, but surely such a thing must contain a compass of a sort, and you would not be able to miss it once you are on the right road. But look at me, rambling with a pen. I have chosen you and others, mostly at random, to come to my mansion and participate in a sort of post-Nightmare Night celebration. The date here has been chosen because I would not have wanted to interrupt your own Nightmare Night celebration.

Now, I'm sure you all have heard the rumors and stories about my mansion. Now for those of you who aren't supersitious, I must admit that even in my 40 years of life living in this house, I have not truly discovered all of this house's history, nor explained all of the oddities the house seems to have. Which is why I extend this challenge to you all... If you can spend one night and one night only within this mansion without the security of your own weapons and armor, and not arrive into a state of desperately trying to leave, I shall pay you a sum of 2000 caps.

Now the catch to this, is that at 10 o'clock the mansion's defense system will activate and it will be impossible to leave. As everything is risk vs. reward in the Wasteland, I offer you this as well... One who proves themselves worthy shall recieve a revelation from me, by means of a Clairvoyance spell I invented, to locate the one thing that individual desires the most.

If this offer suits you, then arrive at Crystal Hill Mansion tonight before 10pm tonight, and the challenge shall begin.

Sincerely,

Sooth Sight
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Re: Mansion on Haunted Hill [Closed]

Post by Happy Trails on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Where the hell am I, who the hell is this, and why am I wearing a pink feather boa? Thusfar Trails' morning was, flavorful. He spent a few minutes surveying the mare, who he mentally nicknamed Flanks McGhee, trying to remember just how he got to this particular point in his life. The light shining through the slit in his tent stabbed at his eyes and spurred on his second guessing at every question he ever made.

"I should've stayed in bed that day when I was 7, that's where it went wrong. Eeyup. Douchebags 7 year old me." He thought aloud.

With a start the mare woke up, took one look at her bed partner, and ran out of the tent. Apparently he'd left an impression. Shrugging the stallion exited and started breaking down his makeshift tent down. He guessed last night was one of his sad drunk ones, based solely on how he woke up and the two dozen whiskey bottles strewn around his campfire. When he finished cleaning his shit up he noticed the mare had left a bag behind one of the empty kerosene canisters he'd been using as seating.

After a few seconds of internal debate he decided to charge her rent by going through it and taking any booze he found. Inside were an interesting collection of shiny things, a 9mm, and a letter. With a shrug he read the letter only half interested until he saw it was actually addressed to him. That filled in one of the gaps in his memory, she must've been a courier or something. The 2000 caps wasn't all that grand, but the thing he most desired, that was interesting. Well he'd just have to see what that was when he got there.
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Kestrel looked up at the mansion before him, admiring some of its features; and its entry points, or more specifically the lack there of. Someone had made this building to be nigh impenetrable, and even after circling it a few times and scanning all he could see Kes had yet to find an extra entrance aside from the main door. Blast shutters covered almost all the windows, and the only balcony Kes had seen, was sheared in barbed wire.

He had received the letter of inventory unexpectedly after leaving the tavern earlier in the evening; a visit of his father having come to its conclusion. The old griffon had not been doing well when Kes had gone to see him...time was running out. Looking back down at the invitation Kestrel gave it another read.

Dear Kestrel,

My name is Sooth Sight. My wife and I reside in Crystal Hill mansion about 5 miles to the northeast. I am not sure where that is according to Stabletec's Pipibucks' grid system, but surely such a thing must contain a compass of a sort, and you would not be able to miss it once you are on the right road. But look at me, rambling with a pen. I have chosen you and others, mostly at random, to come to my mansion and participate in a sort of post-Nightmare Night celebration. The date here has been chosen because I would not have wanted to interrupt your own Nightmare Night celebration.

Now, I'm sure you all have heard the rumors and stories about my mansion. Now for those of you who aren't superstitious, I must admit that even in my 40 years of life living in this house, I have not truly discovered all of this house's history, nor explained all of the oddities the house seems to have. Which is why I extend this challenge to you all... If you can spend one night and one night only within this mansion without the security of your own weapons and armor, and not arrive into a state of desperately trying to leave, I shall pay you a sum of 2000 caps.

Now the catch to this, is that at 10 o'clock the mansion's defense system will activate and it will be impossible to leave. As everything is risk vs. reward in the Wasteland, I offer you this as well... One who proves themselves worthy shall receive a revelation from me, by means of a Clairvoyance spell I invented, to locate the one thing that individual desires the most.

If this offer suits you, then arrive at Crystal Hill Mansion before 10pm tonight, and the challenge shall begin.

Sincerely,

Sooth Sight

Kestrel had to admit, the letter was well written. Far better than some of the contracts he's been bound to in the past. That alone had caught his attention; followed quickly by the challenge within. Normally Kes was not one to answer such things positively. But someone had taken the time to ask for him specifically, what for he did not know.

He planned to find out before the night was through however.

Tucking the letter away carefully, Kestrel flexed his neck and walked forward towards the massive double doors. No doorbell of anykind was there to use. The only form of attention grabbing came in the form of a massive iron knocker located in the center of the doors frame. It was a unique peice for sure, a large slightly rusted out Dragons head biting deep into the flesh of a solid metal ring.

It loosed a sound not unlike a thunders crash when used.

Three times Kestrel knocked before relaxing and waiting for a response. His face pressed into its usual frigid mask of stoicism, expressionless and calm.

HP: 373
    DT: 30
    AP: 42
    DC: 21
    Botch 7
    Crit: 97
    S:8 P:8 E:7 C:2 I:8 A:7 L:4

Defenses
    Rn: 106
    Cl: 100
    Exp: 69
    Pa: 57

Loadout
    Lightning Talons
    HIT: 43 DAM: 56 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, 5 shock damage for 5 turns.

Vakara
    HC: 43 DAM: 78 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, -5 AP on crit

Hellsing
    HC: 60 DAM: 85 AP: 16 CAP: 8 CRIT: x3 SPEC: -15 DT

Casull Revolver
    HC: 60 DAM: 53 AP: 13 CRIT: x2.5 CAP: 5

Perks/Traits
    Luna Sight: +5 to hit when dark/night.
    Ghost: x2 Sneak bonus at night.
    Stonewall: Can't be knocked down in combat.
    Luna Blessed: +2 INT/PER when dark/night
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:27 am

Ale trotted up the road leading to the mansion. The building stood ominously on the tallest hill outside stableton, all it needed was dark clouds and a flash of lightning and it would have been downright terrifying. He stopped at the foot of the hill and fished out the letter he had been handed in the local tavern. Giving it a second and then third read ale decided that 2000 caps might not be worth it, but the chance to locate whatever his heart desired, that is what put him over the edge. Ale didn't really know what he desired most but if the letter was true then he'd have all night to think of it.

As ale reached the top of the hill he saw that one of the other guest had already arrived. A massive griffin with feathers as black as night and a mask. As he got closer he started to recognize the other features of the bird, "Hey, your kestrel right? The griff who had a yard sale a while back." Ale asked already knowing the answer, its hard to forget one that stands out so well. "I'm guessing you're here for the sleepover then."
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Kestrels eyes flickered over towards the young unicorn beside him. His cold predatory eyes scanning him over quickly before the griffon responded to the pony's inquiry.

"I am." Kestrel said, nodding his head respectfully.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Rad was on his way to the mansion, he flew throgh the air, not having had the chance to feel the wind under his wings in a while, he was taking it slow, still having loads of time. He had found it odd at first to recieve the letter, but the mention of 2000 caps and the one thing he desired most was enough to convince him. "Spend a night in a 'haunted' mansion for caps and maybe somethin else? Damn right I will..." Rad smirked to himself, this would be a piece of cake, there was no such thing as ghosts... Right?

As Rad arrived at the mansion he glided above for a bit, reluctant to land after so long without a proper flight. He spotted two figures at the door to the mansion, a Griffon and Pony. Looks like i'm not the first Rad thought as he drifted down to earth and landed softly close the the pair. "Hi there! Are ya here for this gatherin too? Uhm... That's a stupid question ain't it? Well i'm Rad Boom, or just Rad." Rad trotted up to the pair as he spoke, though as he got closer to the Griffon and saw him clearer something just told him to be careful not to upset him... Though Rad hid his intimidation behind a grin and a spring in his step, the thought of caps and something else helped.
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Blast made his way to the mansion, he ran there because he had to interrupt his nornal workout schedule to visit this "haunted mansion". He made his way to the door and finds ponies and a griffon already here. He makes his way up and recognizes the pegasus "wel if it isnt the buck who gets captured in his sleep," Blast smiles and rubs a bald spot on his nose "did any of you wake up with a letter glued to your face, if not im gonna be pissed at whoever did it." Blast had woken up as he normally does, hungover in a bar but this time he had a letter glued to his mussle and it was no easy task in getting it off.
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:35 am

Ale looked at the griffin, not sure which question his answer was for, most likely both. Ale turned back to the door expecting it to open any moment now only to be distracted by the sound of flapping wings. He turned to see a pegasus land just behind him. Ale felt a little worried, for some reason he'd seen more pegasus on ground level in a month then he's seen in all of his life. Call him paranoid but he suspected the enclave might be trying some kind of infiltration tactic. Before ale had a chance to acknowledge the buck an earth pony trotted up the hill and approached the trio.

He looked at the pony with a bald nose and decided to answer his question. "Nah, I was handed my letter by a courier, even bought him a drink for his efforts." Ale then remembered seeing this pony passed out at that bar and added. "He tried to wake you up but you were out cold, paid me a couple of caps for my bottle of wonder glue." Ale took a closer look at the bald spot on blast's muzzle, "Did you try hot water? That tends to dissolve this stuff pretty well."
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 am

Dash flapped his wings back as he approached the front door of Crystal Hill Mansion. The weather so far was beginning to look a bit threatening, more-so than the usual cloud cover. But thus far, it had been holding up. Even from a ways away the hill the mansion was on as well as the mansion itself seemed like a surreal place. There were trees there, actual living trees, though the leaves looked grey and unhealthy, and the onset of fall was taking its toll on them as well. The mansion itself was amazing, if not foreboding, although light splashed out through some of the windows. It was clear that at a moment's notice the metal blast shutters could close and lock the entire house up tight. Zebras probably would have had to assault it directly to cause as much damage to it as had been done to many of the other buildings across the wastelands. The only building he could think of off the top of his head that was in such fine condition was Tenpony Tower.

He landed and looked around at the others who had gathered outside the manison's front door, "Well, I guess he would have called it off if no pony else had arrived." He nodded to Kestrel respectfully, "It's uh. It's good to see you, Kestrel." Dash said, he was still a little intimidated by the griffon, probably for the best.
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Blast levitates out his invitation and looks at the patch of hair stuck to it. "Well i didnt have access to any hot water," he pauses to see another pegasus fly in "im just counting my lucky stars it only stuck to the hair and not my skin." He frowns at the thought of almost having to cut his skin off to get the invitation intact. Blast glances up at the mansion "im suprised this thing is in such a good condition," he reaches in his pocket and pulls out a cigarillo and lights it "i wonder who kept this place going" Blast lets out a puff of smoke and watches the wind take it away.
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm

As Aqui was just getting to his house as Nocona flew down and greeted him like she always does. But tonight was odd, she had a note attached to her leg. Pulling the note off Aqui looked it over, "Let's see what this says then shall we?"

--------

Dear Aquilinus,

Now, I'm sure you all have heard the rumors and stories about my mansion. Now for those of you who aren't supersitious, I must admit that even in my 40 years of life living in this house, I have not truly discovered all of this house's history, nor explained all of the oddities the house seems to have. Which is why I extend this challenge to you all... If you can spend one night and one night only within this mansion without the security of your own weapons and armor, and not arrive into a state of desperately trying to leave, I shall pay you a sum of 2000 caps.

Now the catch to this, is that at 10 o'clock the mansion's defense system will activate and it will be impossible to leave. As everything is risk vs. reward in the Wasteland, I offer you this as well... One who proves themselves worthy shall recieve a revelation from me, by means of a Clairvoyance spell I invented, to locate the one thing that individual desires the most.

If this offer suits you, then arrive at Crystal Hill Mansion tonight before 10pm tonight, and the challenge shall begin.

Sincerely,

Sooth Sight

---------

Looking it over again Aqui couldn't believe his eyes, "2000 caps just for staying in a house for a night? Who gave this to you girl?" Looking at his bird he smiled as he started to laugh, "Guess that wouldn't mater much would it? I have the note and a house to find to go earn myself some caps for us." Turning around he started to hoof it over to the house as fast as he could. As he ran Nocona took off back to go hunt for the night.

------

As he got to the mansion 5 ponies and a griffon had already showed up ahead of him. Just how rich is this fellow to pay all these ponies so much? Aqui thought to himself as he walked closer. "So everyone here get the same note?" Holding up his piece of paper Aqui made sure everyone could see it.
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Night-Shade had been following Blast, but was a little behind. He had just caught up to Blast Cap, and the rest of the ponies in front of the mansion. He recognized most all of them, but he only really knew Rad Boom and obviously Blast Cap. He remembered back to the rescue mission where he saved Rad Boom. Funny stallion, lets see how he holds up to this.

Shade just trotted up to Blast Cap and gave him a nod. "alright we're here."
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Cuppa had received a letter, having been casually brewing herself a cup of tea, which was a rare occurrence really, tea in the wasteland. It was something about spending a night in a house, supposedly haunted... Now, Cuppa was never one to believe somepony when they said a mansion was suspicious and potentially haunted, so not to mention the Nightmare Night celebrations, Cuppa was also going to go to see just how mysterious and haunted this place was.

Upon her arrival the mare saw several others arrive and she raised a brow, more ponies (and griffons) were up to going to this as well. "Ah see ah'm not the only one who wants t' see wha's goin' on in this house?"
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Kestrel, as always, took the time to analyze each of the newcomers as they arrived. Offering each a curt nod and a grunt of greeting. Dash was lucky enough to actually get a spoken phrase though.

"Dash."

After that Kes went back to waiting for the door to open. The massive griffon flexing his neck a bit, causing his gear to shift soundlessly. The handle of his Vakara being the piece to move most. He'd brought along his usual arsenal, his Hellsing and Casull for heavy hitting and his Vakara and lightning talons for if things got close. It was more out of habit than anything.

The letter stated he'd be relinquishing it all anyway when the time came to begin the challenge anyway.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:33 am

Trails tabbed out the last cigarette in his pack and lit it in one fluid motion. He'd have to remember and break open another carton when he got back home. There was only enough to get him through the trip back on conservation mode. Waiting for him at the mansion was a cluster of ponies. If they'd all been sent the same letter he couldn't imagine the 'what you most desire' bit was anything more than a load of bullshit. Still, there was all the caps, and there wasn't much else he had to do.

"Howdy everypony."
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 am

Rad watched as more and more ponies turned up, and couldn't help but snicker at the sight of Blast Cap. "That some new style ya gone for there? Don't think it's gonna catch on though sorry to say." He saw Shade behind Blast as well and smiled. "Where there's one there's the other eh? Only ever seen you two together, then again... I've only ever seen you two... Once... So... Uhh... Anyway! How are ya both?"
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:05 am

Just when it appeared as if there was going to be some conversation starting on the outside, it seemed as though those inside the mansion had taken note of Kestrel's knocks on the metal knocker. That much was apparent because the door then started making noises. Metal clanking against metal mechanically, hydraulic systems moving large gears and blocks of metal behind the ornate wooden door.

[Perception 8]
    The hydraulics were alot smoother-sounding than those of Stables. Both because the these were smaller, and because the machines were still all well-oiled and maintained. The sounds of the braces of the door through thickness of the door suggested that anything short of a direct hit with planted high explosives would not cause all that much, if any, damage to the door, other than ruin the nice finish and maybe crack and splinter the wood parts of it.
    [/Perception 8]

After a few moments of the hydraulic systems moving aside the braces and extra unseen armor plating, the door opened, but not by any living being, but instead instead by an electronic hinge attachment. And pointing straight at the open threshold was one of the biggest security turrets anypony there had likely ever seen...

30mm Autocannon TurretCondition: Operational

Aside from sporting a chain of shells, leading from a large box of ammunition connected to the actual gun, that could kill any of the beings before it with a single hit... The turret was of a type which could be deployed from a false floor tile. The room the turret was in was a fairly featureless entryway, behind it was another door which obviously lead into the actually livable parts of the mansion. More pressing, however, was the turret, it had been deployed and was pretty much ready to fire as soon as the door was opened, but it didn't do anything other than make a pinging noise which signified that it had located a potential target, a laser dot finder located on the turret's body pointing at Trails' forehead.

The door on the opposite side of the entryway from the main door opened, there stood a white-coated unicorn mare, "Oh?" she said, "Deactivate..." she said. The turret then made a second pinging noise and then the floor tile it was on rolled, storing the massive gun back in its hidden compartment, revealing an unsuspecting carpet where it had been, "Please, come in. I apologize for the scare. Consider it the first of the haunted night." she said in a teasing tone, "The boxes are over there in the corner of this room. If you'll deposite your weapons and armor in those we can move on into the mansion."

Dash blinked as everything then registered all at once, having been absolutely mortified by the appearance of the massive gun.
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:32 am

Aqui stood there as the doors began to open, it was really quite an amazing workmanship from what he could hear. Though when the turret appeared behind the door his body tensed ready to jump out of the way the minute it laid a sight on him. With a horrified interest he watched as the turret aimed at one of the other ponies. All Aqui could think was, Is one of us going to die simply because the defence system had a slip?. Though not long after the appearance of the turret did a mare show up and deactivate it. With a sigh of relief Aqui walked into the house depositing what little weapons he had into one of the boxes. Walking past the second set of doors he couldn't help but admire the condition of the house, it was clearly cleaner then his ever could be. Smiling he followed the mare further into the house.
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:54 am

The sudden arrival of a 30mm autocannon turret had Kestrel tensed up and ready for battle his talons automatically reaching for his Hellsing which was currently holstered on his side. His sharp eyes focusing on the turret, scanning it for weaknesses.

Luckily for him, and Trails, the weapon was quickly returned to its hidden home by one of the hosts for the evening. A mare with a rather strange sense of humor; Kes kept that thought to himself however and offered instead a polite nod and calmly spoken "Ma'am"
    before he moved to enter. He was sure to wipe his feet first however.

He'd worked for high-tier ponies like this before, he knew the drills.

Walking over to the largest box he could find, Kestrel began taking off his gear slowly. He took the time to start studying the room that the group was now in, perceptive eyes looking over all the things in the room. He masked his tactical appraisal as quick glances caused by the removal of holsters and armor.

Piece by piece Kestrel set his belongings into the chest. Armor to one side, weapons to the other. The Vakara first, then his Hellsing, he only had two weapons to relinquish now. And honestly...he didn't feel exactly comfortable relinquishing them. Not only was he still unaware WHY he'd been invited here to this place, but apparently the security was rather...extreme.

The armor piercing rounds that the Casull Revolver fired could prove useful, and the lightning enchanted talons on his...talons packed one hell of a punch.

That's why instead of removing the revolver or the talons Kestrel just...shifted the holster a bit and hid it beneath a massive wing. The straps blended in seamlessly with his dark coloration, and were a matte finish. He'd only have two reloads for it on that holster...but hopefully he wouldn't be needing the extra fire power.

Hopefully it would be enough.

Standing there with all but his mask and his, hopefully hidden, weapons removed from his person the griffon would truly be a sight to see. If scars denoted experience, the griffon seemed to have more in one shoulder than most other wastelanders did in their whole body.

Thick, thin, red, white, old, new, jagged, and smooth; over three decades of hellish life had left Kes a walking tapestry of scar tissue and steely, well defined muscle.

A few of the big birds scars stood out though, a large series of what looked like claw marks along his neck and chest denoted what should have been a fatal wound. No doubt it had nearly put the bird down when it happened. The worst of all of them however was located along his back. Starting as three thick canyon like scars on his front right shoulder, the jagged valleys of tissue shifted backwards; cutting into his body shape like rivers through stone.

At his wings the three marks became five, and a thick band of scar tissue around the base of each of his wings showed where they had been completely removed. The mark continued on until finally reaching his left flank where it came to an abrupt end.

How the hell Kestrel had survived something like that was unknown; moreso whatever caused it must have been massively powerful. The scars were truly the griffons ultimate testament to his endurance and will to live. On any other creature it would have been fatal, as for all intents and purposes Kes seemed to have been nearly rendered in half by the wounds. But somehow, someway he'd pushed through and made it till today.

And he was just as strong as he'd ever been.

(Sneak skill 75, Ghost perk for x2 sneak roll since its nighttime. Trying to sneak in Casull revolver, and Lighting Talons.)

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:59 am

Blast glances behind him and spots Night-Shade "well looky here, you get the invitation to, small world isnt it" he said with a smile. the smile quickly faded as Rad made a comment about the patch "yeah yeah laugh it up, just wait keep it up and karmas going to come back and get you" he said blowing smoke into Rads face,

Out of the corner of his eye he could see the doors open, he turns his head to look and spots a griffon, pony and zebra walk inside "Hey guys, doors open" he walks to the doorway and is suprised by its pristine condition "been a while since ive seen something that looks as nice as this, Blast was almost rendered speechless by the building.

Blast glanced to see everyone removing all their weapons so he sighed and waited for the others to clear out so he could drop of his, Blast was actually glad he could give up his weapons, he didnt have a home so he was forced to constantly carry them and it got very annoying.
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:25 pm

The sound of the door opening easily drew ale's attention the sound of hydraulics and gears grinding seeming to echo throughout the wasteland. Ale started to walk over to the door as it still opened but found himself stoping in his tracks at the sight of the biggest gun he's ever seen. "oh thats not good." Luckily a mare was able to deactivate the security system before any of the guest got turned into swiss cheese. Ale let out a sigh of relief and trotted into the entrance hall.

The interior of the mansion was beautiful. The prestine condition was awe inspiring and now that ale had seen the mechanism needed to open the door and the turret, ale was just plain impressed. "Mr. sooth sight really knows how to live it up in the wasteland" Ale thought aloud. This mansion was a fortress, with the security, position of the house, and the one heavily guarded entrance, well ale was a bit jealous, his house in applelosa looked like an outhouse in comparison.

Ale approached the boxes in the corner and began to remove his weapons and armor. He wasn't too sure about going into this place unarmed. one one hoof, what could go wrong with a beefy security system like that watching over us, on the other hoof, everything if it got hacked. Safe to say as ale removed his armor he started to think of ways to sneak in a weapon. He was still wearing his vest, he never liked to strip down completely something about always wearing clothing over his white coat appealed to ale and he was sure the hosts would not mind, after all his vest wasn't even close to qualifying as armor. The other reason ale liked this vest was because of the deep pockets, they were great for carrying things that ale could loose in a saddlebag. Things like caps, bobby pins, loose bullets, a 9mm pistol. It wasn't much but it was way better than nothing. He slipped the gun into the inner breast pocket of his vest and hoped that nopony would notice. If ale was lucky he'd get it through and if he was even more lucky then he wouldn't even need it.

(Sneak:39, luck 6. Trying to sneak 9mm pistol in.)
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Dash looked about to the other ponies and creatures at first, it seemed like everything was going to be alright, so Dash went forward into the entryway room. Just as seemingly everyone made it into the entryway room, there was a crackle of thunder in the distance. It was nice that the weather had held up through Nightmare Night so that the town could celebrate it, however now that this Sooth Sight was hosting a Nightmare Night themed party in his mansion, the coming storm seemed cool, since it would probably add to the ambience... Or maybey just keep them awake. Dash didn't really think to attempt to sneak any weapons in, since it seemed like aside from Tenpony Tower, this was probably the most secure place for miles around.
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Rad smiled. "Karma can get in line eh?" Before Rad could say more the door to the mansion opened... And there was a large gun... Pointing in their direction... Rad just froze on the spot, as though by not moving it might not blow him to pieces. Though before anymore could happen the turret was deactivated. Rad followed the others into the building, looking around in wonder at the marvelously intact interior. He had only seen buildings this intact in old pictures.

He made his own way over the the boxes and stowed his weapons and armour, the thought of concealing something not really appealing to him, since all he had that wasn't rifle sized was a knife, and if he needed one of those he was sure the kitchen would have plenty. As he put his second carbine in the box, the one he believed was cursed, he hesitated, holding it for a moment... "I'm not ditchin ya, once this is over with i'll be back, just try not to get ya'self jammed... Somehow."
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Winter had been rather late, and nearly missed the entrance as she walked in through the large door. Seeing every pony else pack away their belongings she took initiative and began taking her own belongings and stripping them from herself. She began with her Medical Satchel, setting it down before shedding her battle dress, along with the mask and the hoof shoes, folding it neatly and laying it on top. Her weapons, namely her shotgun and her 45 lay on top before she gently sealed the contain with her stuff inside.

HP: 235
    DT: 25
    AP: 34
    RM: 9Male/5Female
    Crit Threshold: 96+
    Botch Threshold: 6-
    Dodge: +18
    S 5 – P 5 – E 5 – C 7 – I 9 – A 6 – L 5

Defences
    Ranged: 58
    Close: 56
    Explosive: 56
    Passive: 46

Weapons
    Single Shotgun(20G) – Hit: +12 – Damage: 50 – Crit:x1 – AP: 15 – Cap: 1
    .45 Automatic Pistol(.45) - Hit: +12 - Damage: 29 - Crit:x2 - AP: 8 - Cap: 7

Perks/Traits:
    Like a Bullet: +3 to Readiness rolls.
    Field Medic: Half AP cost for applying bandages.
    Combat Medic: +5 to your Defense when healing a fallen comrade during combat.

Caps: 5228
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Trails froze when the autocannon popped out of the floor. He knew plenty that if that thing roared to life, well, he'd be a very messed up pony to say the least. If somepony looked at him they might have thought the big earth pony was staring the gun down, almost daring it. In reality he was just doing his best not to trip any motion sensors it might have. If its iff was intelligent enough to figure out he was a primary target motion sensors were more likely than not part of the package. For this reason he stayed tense until the thing was well out of sight.

He didn't like the idea of going unarmed into a place where the ponies were so heavily armed. But there wasn't much he could do other than play to the beat of their drum so he obediently dropped his gear into a box. Hopefully if anything got too dicey his shattered hoof would be enough to handle it. If not there was always harsh language.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:28 am