Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

2 posters

A Post-Nuclear Family

Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

A Post-Nuclear Family Empty A Post-Nuclear Family

Post by Scrap Parts Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 pm

Inside a small house, in a small town in a very large wasted world, a light grey unicorn stirred back to consciousness after a good nights sleep, yawning quietly and flopping out of bed and onto the floor in a motion that seemed to show he was used to this routine. Getting up slowly and yawning again, Scraps scratched by one of his ears with a hoof before moving onward with the rest of his routine. Something seemed off though, like something was missing.

Ignoring that, he continued about his business, levitating a slightly irradiated box of cereal out of a cabinet and a small bowl out of another one before sitting down at a small table and munching on his breakfast, still unable to shake that feeling that something wasn't as normal. Ignoring that feeling still he put his bowl away after a quick rinse.

Then he finally realized what was wrong, he nearly facehoofed over how simple it was, the little whine of Kiwi's servomotors that was normally a constant presence was absent. Figuring that his little robot buddy's battery had run down and she had gone into sleep mode to conserve power, he grabbed a spare spark battery from a drawer and looked around for where Kiwi had hidden.

At first he wasn't able to locate Kiwi, and even more interestingly he couldn't find Mr. Snuffles, who normally would've tackled him already, then a sudden horrible thought hit him. Acting on that hunch he trotted over to where he knew Mr. Snuffles liked to hang out and to his horror, found Mr. Snuffles chewing unapologeticly on the internal components of his robot. Unable to help himself he emitted a large yell before getting his voice back under control and muttering a quiet.

"........................why............."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

A Post-Nuclear Family Empty Re: A Post-Nuclear Family

Post by Bakewell Tart Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 pm

Bakewell awoke to the noise of hard hooves thumping onto her shack’s wooden floor. The beige mare rolled over and watched through her drowsy half-lidded eyes as Scrap scratched his ear. The thought of fixing breakfast for her husband, as she sometimes did when they had the luxury of sharing a moment together at home, reached the mare’s mind as she watched his red tail move out of sight, but that required getting up. Getting up was just soooo much effort and her ears were already twitching to the familiar sound of pre-war foods being poured into one of the bowls the duo had collected over time.

With this thought in mind, Bakewell was more than happy to nip the corner of her pillow and wrap herself around it, snuggling the soft if somewhat old material momentarily in a comfortable bliss. Maybe if she stayed asleep long enough, Scrap would bring her breakfast! That would be great…

-----

The sleeping mare jumped into full wakeness as a loud familiar voice breached through her nice dreams. The earth pony’s beige muzzle crinkled as her brain worked to make sense of what she had just heard.

“…that didn’t sound like breakfast.” The finally decided in a murmur. The house was small, it wasn’t at all hard to find the grey buck within it.

“…Muh..?” she asked the world blearily as she saw her husband, but not quite managing to make out the rest of her surroundings.

“ Were you screaming, Scraps? You look fine… is something wrong?”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 pm

Scraps slowly turned away from the scene of robotic slaughter, but not before picking up one chewed gear and staring at it a look of horror on his face as he turned and faced his wife.

The horrified expression still plastered across his face he pointed at the mangled gear as if it would explain everything. Of course it wouldn't and he relized this after about a minute of standing in his previous positon. At that point when his brain started functioning again he managed to choke out in a pained voice.

"Mr. Snuffles...ate...Kiwi..."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Bakewell blinked dully at the gear. What did this mean? Had Scrap messed up something he was working on somehow? Frowning, She brought her eyes from the gear to her other half’s light green eyes, seeking the delayed explanation.

’ Mr. Snuffles...ate...Kiwi...’

The cook’s mouth noiselessly opened and closed a few times as she shifted her gaze between her pet and the mangled gear.

“No.” She finally said. “No, you have to be mistaken. There’s no way Mr. Snuffles would… no way Mr. Snuffles could." She denied, despite the fully evident wires that her porky pet was chewing lazily, staring at the two unapologetically. If anything, the pig’s expression could be called smug.

“What should we do? Is she okay?” Bakewell asked. She had never really considered the little robot alive. It was certainly handy, but it didn’t have a voice or a personality. She wasn’t emotionally attached to it, but knew that Scrap enjoyed the little machine’s company.

“Maybe… maybe we can get a new one?” She asked hopefully. Robots were everywhere in the wasteland, right? All it took was a little reprogramming...

Last edited by Bakewell Tart on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Scraps expression turned to one of disbelief when Bakewell started to deny that Mr. Snuffles had eaten Kiwi; the smug little mutant was sitting there eating wiring out of the carcass of his little robot, drooling all over her mangled innards. Disbelief written across his every feature he gestured towards the radhog, right as he stuck his snout into Kiwi, ripping out wires amd chewing on them witha supremely unconcerned look on his face.

"Well he is. First we should get him to stop tearing out my robot's internal components; then maybe I can tell if I can fix her..."

Scrap said, with a barely detectable note of sadness mixed into his voice-the damage looks like it was pretty bad...then Bakewell asked if they could just get a new one and a flash of anger ran across his face before he could control it.

"It would be impossible to get a new one, for several reasons, actually. The least of which is that I've never seen another one like it, and I doubt we'll ever find another one. I found her in Harmony and even there, she was the only one I saw."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:10 am

“Okay, so maybe Snuffley looks a little guilty…” She began, still intending to defend her beloved pet, but even Bakewell saw how pointless an endeavor that would be once her Snuffykins had buried his snout back into the remains of the robot.

To make things worse, Scrap had obviously disliked something she had voiced. This thought alone caused her to seize up momentarily and re-evaluate her current strategy for dealing with this situation.

“R-right. Of course, forget I mentioned it.” She said hastily, trying to avoid any further Scrap wrath before crouching down and wiggling her way towards the feasting Mr. Snuffles.

“No, Bad Mister Snuffles.” She scolded, earning only a momentary pause and uninterested glance for her troubles before the mutated pig went back to his gruesome robot feast.

“Snuffles, I said no!” She tried again, pushing against the radhog in an attempt to move him by force. Bakewell was a strong mare, but radhogs were pretty strong naturally, and Snuffles was perhaps better at being immovable than any other hog in the wastelands. Her shoves made small initial headway, but once the initial push was through, her hammy horror managed to shove back the lost area with barely a snort. The white-maned wife gave Scrap a hopeless and exasperated glance before returning her attention to the giant mass of snuffling flesh before her.

“…Come on, Snuffle-wuffles. Eating Kiwi’s not nice.” The beige mare swapped tactics, adopting a tone one would use while talking to a particularly cute dog or newborn foal. “Is my Snuffle-pie hungwy? Is he? Wants Breakfast?” She coo’d. The promise of food got the radhogs attention, and he began to follow his tart-marked pony slave. “Whose a good little waghog?” She continued, backing out towards the makeshift cabinets that served to store their food. “You are! Yes you are…”

Mr. Snuffles paused as he passed by Scrap, shorting into the small unicorn’s face before strutting off proudly, fully aware of whose victory this was.

A few moments later Bakewell returned. “That should keep him for a few seconds… I hope. If he doesn’t eat too fast… I hope he didn't ingest too many kiwi-bits, that would be horrible on his stomach...”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:02 am

Scraps nearly facehoofed when Bakey started to defend Mr. Snuffles again, gut thankfully he was saved from that by his most favorite pony realizing that she held and indefensible position, especially when the accused she was trying to defend, continued to preform the act he was accused of, right in front of both of them.

Quickly the best pony reversed her position, a bit too quickly, a little fact that escaped Scraps grasp the first time he played through their exchange, and started to attempt to get her mutant pet to stop gorging himself on the delicate electronics amd metal that made up Kiwi. Unfortunately her efforts were futile at best, not persuading the radhog to stop its feast any more then reason persuades a raider to stop his vile activities. As he watched his wife try and move thier pet he reflected on the conversation, Bakey seemed a little jumpy and nervous in her last response to him. Hed have to apologize, he must've let the little.bit of anger he felt show through...

Scraps shot back a sheepish smile when Bakey gave him a look of exasperation, hoping to convey his understanding. He went back to pondering until.Bakey's second tactic succeeded and the promise of real food proved too tantalizing to the gluttonous pig-mutant amd he trotted off after his wife, snorting at the red maned unicorn as he walked by.

Let it never be said that animals weren't intellegent. Cause that radhog surely was and he knew how to hold a grudge.

Pouncing immediately after Mr. Snuffles left him an opening he retrieved the mangled corpse of Kiwi, who was in surprisingly good condition, none of the vital bits had been damaged been repair amd what was could be replaced. Placing thr remains in a safe spot he responded.

"Got what's left of Kiwi. Good idea on offering him better food.by the way. Worked great!"
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:35 pm

“Thanks. I think maybe he was just hungry, maybe I forgot to feed him last night…” Bakewell murmured hopelessly as she looked down, relieved that the various kiwi-pieces were apparently picked up and safe.

“I gave him the entirety of our pre-war cereal. I’ll be making breakfast until we find more, I guess.” She informed her favorite unicorn as her eyes continued searching for any remaining electronics that might be left behind. It was entirely too early in the morning for this, not to mention her stomach was demanding the food she had just dumped into her little angel’s bowl in a hasty attempt to help Scrap. “…That means we probably have about two minutes to get anything we want need to do done before he comes back and wants to know why daddy removed his new toy.” The mare clarified, her eyes settling on Kiwi’s body. She was tempted to peer inside it, but Scrap’s magic had lifted the bot out of Mr. Snuffle’s reach and by relation her own.

“How bad is it, doctor? Will she ever walk again?”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:02 pm

"I wish it was that simple. I know that's not the reason; I remember seeing you feeding him last night." Scraps replied, shooting an angry glance in the direction of Mr. Snuffles. "There's no justifiable reason why he ate Kiwi, other then he just felt like it which isn't really a justifiable reason in the first place."

Scraps sighed when Bakey told him that she had to give up their entire supply if pre-war cereal and that it would only buy them a few minutes, not because he didn't like Bakey's cooking-which he thought was great- but because it seemed more and more clear to him that the freaking radhog ran this house and not them.
    Deciding against saying anything at this particular moment he instead answered Bakey's question.

"I may be able to fix her, but I haven't been able ti get am accurate judgement of the damage yet."

Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 pm

“Are you sure? Maybe I didn’t give him enough… He had to have a reason.” Bakewell insisted. “He wouldn’t just do it for no cause! That’s cruel.” The mare's mind didn't seem to comprehend that her beloved baby could even consider doing something out of any malicious reason. She would have continued her attempt to find justification before shaking her head and letting the subject drop.

“I don’t know if we have a lot of time to look, Scrap.” She said nervously, she looking back towards Mr. Snuffles when Scrap mentioned not being able to gain an accurate judgement of the damage. A loud munching noise from the pig signified that he was still occupied eating the two ponies out of house and home.

“What should we do?”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Scraps figured he should probably voice his opinions on Mr. Snuffles now, cause if he didn't the radhog was just gonna keep getting worse-should that even be possible. If they didn't stop him now then what was stopping him from eating something more important next time, like his beloved Lightning pistol or the electric hooves he got Bakey as a gift.

"We need to show Mr. Snuffles that this isn't okay, that he can't just eat our possession whenever he feels like it, we need to remind him that he's the pet here. Not the one in charge."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 am

“What do you mean?” Bakewell asked, reaching a hoof up carefully to push a particularly annoying spurt of bedmane out of the way.

“He’s not just a pet, Scrap. He’s our little baby. Well, I mean, not really our baby. We’re not related by blood or anything like that, of course. That family tree would be a bit… odd…” the beige cook trailed off and violently shook her head back and forth a few times in a visual representation of trying to hurl her thoughts back onto the desired track.

“What did you have in mind?” The question came out slowly and carefully as the mare began seeking eye contact and trying to read the smaller unicorn’s face for any hint of what he might have planned. “I’m not going to let you hurt him or put him in danger.”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Bakey did have a point, Scrap figured. He babied Kiwi enough so it was only fair that she thought they should treat Mr.Snuffles like that too. Still it was hard for him to think of the radhog like that, especially after he attempted to eat his face several times a week.

"I'm not sure what we should do. And I would never think of doing if something that could hurt Mr. Snuffles. I was thinking maybe a squirt bottle. Nothing likes being squirtexd wirh water."

Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:59 pm

“Squirting him with water?” Bakewell asked carefully. Her mind pulling back to the dreaded war that occurred every time somepony told her that Mr. Snuffles needed a bath. The radhog did certainly enjoy his baths, particularly the parts where he dragged Bakewell into the metal tub and kept her under the water with his girth until she started to have trouble breathing, released him from her weakening grasp, and let him roll around in the mud outside until it almost seemed as though he was messier than before the bathing in the first place. The mare knew her Snuffles meant well, that he thought he was just playing a harmless game, because there’s no way her snuffley wuffley pie would ever ever try to intentionally hurt his mommy. The knowledge didn’t help ease the fact that being trapped under water wasn’t a good feeling and, to make the matters even worse, Bakewell had been slightly scared of being under the liquid’s surface ever since the city of Harmony.

“…I don’t know, Scrap. I’m not sure Mister Snuffles would mind being sprayed with water. If he did mind he might panic and hurt you in his confu-“ She stopped as the sound of loud munching ceased, and froze up guiltily as Mr. Snuffles came waddling back between the two. The pig glanced at the position his former chew toy had rested only moments before turning his gaze to Scrap. His eyes clearly said that revenge was going to happen for the unicorn and Bakewell’s heinous crime.

Bakewell looked at Scrap from behind her Radhog. Unsure of whether she should try to get a bottle of water or not.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 am

Scraps glared back at Mr. Snuffles, his eyes conveying that he wasn't afraid of the radhog, despite the fact that the mutant pig could squish him without so much as a second thought then feast on his innards.

Okay bad thought. Moving on now.

"Well we've gotta do something. But in the mean time when I fix Kiwi I'll reinforce her shell." Scraps replied to Bakey, glancing over and mouthing for her to get the water bottle.

One will never know if the solution works if you never try, he guessed.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 am

Bakewell nodded, carefully snuffling to the side. She wasn’t a particularly stealthy pony, but luckily Snuffles seemed more interested on proving glare-supremacy over Scrap than what the easily-taken controlled mare snuffling around behind him. After a few minutes that seemed like decades, Bakewell finally managed to grab a half empty bottle of water that she had been using the night before.

Upon making her way back, The water-wielding mare looked to her husband, blinked three times, and turned the bottle upside down, sending a small stream of water down onto the unsuspecting radhog.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Scraps watched in anticipation to see what Mr. Snuffles reaction to the water squirts would be. He was really hoping that it would work out in their favor and that they may have finally found a way to control the radhog.

Unfortunately, the reaction wasn't quite what Scraps was hoping for; Mr. Snuffles simply turned around for a second and shot Bakewell a glare that asked Really? before turning around and resumed glaring at the grey unicorn, willing him to continue denying him his favorite toy.

"What now, Bakey..."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Bakewell backed up and grinned sheepishly when Mr. Snuffles turned to her. Mr. Snuffles was clearly not impressed. The mare honestly couldn’t think of much that would deter him. Anything like a rolled up newspaper would likely have the same effect.

“Mister Snuffles, Honey, look at mommy.” She began carefully, nudging the radhog with a hoof to try and grasp his attention. “…You’ve been very bad. You shoudn’t horribly murder your sister while mommy and daddy are sleeping, and you definitely should not eat her insides, even if her insides are tasty copper wires. I know you didn’t mean it and that you would never ever intentionally harm her, but what you did was wrong. Mommy needs you to go to your beddy-pie and take a napsy, okay? Go lay down and think about what you’ve done. Stay until you’re ready to show daddy how sorry you are. And...” Bakewell drew her breath in, this last part caused her some severe heartache. She had no idea how the radhog will react

“No food until Daddy says it’s okay. ”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Mr. Snuffles remained impassive throughout Bakey's adress of him, ignoring the mare's words and staring at her with eyes glazed over from lack of interest. When she was nearly finished speaking the indignant mutant showed no signs of movement. That is until she said that he wasn't going to be getting any food uless the grey unicorn said so-at which point the radhog got up and started to advance menacingly toward Scrap, growling angrily.

At first Scraps backed up a little, before a little flashbulb went off in his head, and he realized something and stopped, starting ti adress the advancing radhog.

"That's not gonna do you any good, Mr. Snuffles. You can advance all you want, but that won't change the fact that I control the food. And your behavior isn't helping your case right now mister."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:39 pm

“Mister Snuffles, no!” Bakewell gasped as the radhog began approaching. “That’s not how you say you’re sorry!” She gasped as her pet approached her husband. There was no mistaking his intention, Bakewell had gone too far, and now he intended to injure Scrap.

“Scrap, what are you doing? He’s angry! Run!” She gasped. She couldn’t let the angry pig get to Scrap. The spur of moment decision forced her to act rashly and do the unthinkable.

Bakewell rushed forwards and leapt onto Mr. Snuffles’ back in an attempt to wrestle him to the ground. She had to stop the pig, pin him somehow before he let his desire to not starve to death push him into wrecking Scrap.

“Down! Heel!”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Mr. Snuffles seemed quite unswayed by the application of logic that Scraps was so sure was a foolproof shield. The mutant's snarls grew more angry and Scraps started to back up, not quite as sure he once was, slowly he started to reach for his Harmony Reinforcer, just in case things got worse.

Then to Scraps utter horror, Bakey lept onto Mr. Snuffles back and tried to wrestle with the radhog. He stood in stunned shock, unable to do anything.

The radhog on the otherhoof was most definitely capable of doing something and he thrashed under the pastry mare's grip, bucking and trying to remove her. Fortunately before things got much worse, a realization sparked deep within the mutant's tiny mind-that this was the only creature in the wastes that cared about him and much more like important, the pony who fed him, and Mr. Snuffles stopped struggling.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 am

Bakewell squeezed her eyes shut, gritted her teeth, and held on with all of her earth pony might as Mr. Snuffles bucked and writhed beneath her. She couldn’t let him knock her off and get to Scrap, so she focused entirely on holding on, not even letting go when her back collided rather painfully with a hard object in her house. By the time the pig had ceased his struggling, Bakewell was completely out of breath and could do little aside from grip the radhog and pant for air.

“Snuffles. No. Bad.” The exhausted mare croaked between gasps for precious oxygen. She opened her teal eyes long enough to get a quick and weary look at Scrap, making sure he was okay and un-munched. His safety ensured, Bakewell let off a heavy sigh and loosened her grip, shifting a hoof up to massage Mr. Snuffles between his ears as her eyelids lowered once more.

“It can’t be past nine in the morning, and already I feel like I need to go to sleep.” she sighed. “I don’t think this is was the best idea, Scrap. Maybe we should just give up. At least he never tried to hurt you when we let him have his way.”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Scraps froze up, watching in horror as Bakey tackled the radhog, not sure that he had thought his plan entirely through, especially with how it seemed to be going. He was gonna make a move to help, but Mr.Snuffles stopped struggling and started to purr in a most odd-and slightly disturbing-fashion after Bakey pacified him.

Scraps quickly hurried over and helped Bakey up, if she wanted to get up before responding a bit sadly.

"I suppose you're right. I'll just reinforce Kiwi and hope for the best."

Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Bakewell opened her eye and lifted her head slightly when Scrap offered to help her up, but she just couldn’t find the willpower to stand, and slumped back into her position atop Mr. Snuffles with an audible “phumph” of air. For a moment she simply laid there, trying and failing to will herself into a standing, or at least sitting, position as she felt her beloved pet’s odd purring reverberate slightly through his frame. It never occurred to the earth pony that pigs probably shouldn’t be making these noises.

“You’re guilt trippin’ me, Scrap.” The mare wearily concluded, though her eyes still didn’t open. “…do we have anything cold? For my back? I think Mr. Snuffles hurt me when he was thrashing about. We’ll try again, you shouldn’t have to worry about Kiwi and this isn’t how brothers and sisters should act anyway.” She grunted, trying to shift herself slightly before continuing.

“Besides, as much as I hate to admit it, I think Snuffles was going to attack you, there. Not like his usual ‘give daddy snuffykissies’ attack, but really really attack. What if he tries to do it again when I’m out and not here to calm him down? I don’t think I could take coming home to find that you had killed my Snuffy-pie. Or that…” She gulped. “He had killed you.”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Scraps plopped down next to Bakey and Mr. Snuffles and went to nuzzle her but got back up near instantaneously when she asked for something cold to put in her back, which she must've clonked on something while she was holding the mutated radhog down. "I'll be right back!"

About a minute of rummaging later he returned with an ancient ice pack victoriously held in his magic's grip, which he promptly applied ti Bakey's back. "Better?"

The most important thing taken care of he plopped down next to Bakey and started ti respond. "Unfortunately I think you're right, I guess that we should probably not try that again. And you don't have to worry about that, I'll never hurt Mr. Snuffles, I know how much he means to you, and I can defend myself without hurting him if he ever pulls something like this again, so you don't have to worry about me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 pm