Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

2 posters

A Post-Nuclear Family

Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

A Post-Nuclear Family - Page 3 Empty Re: A Post-Nuclear Family

Post by Scrap Parts Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Scraps continued to listen, unflinchingly to Bakey as she talked, trying to offer silent comfort as she opened up to him and told him everything.

Simply put, it was quite a lot to take in, and Scraps was having a hard time holding it all together and he was having trouble keeping from crying himself, and that was before she revealed to him why she had those bruises. Why hadn't Bakey told him this before? He wouldn't have thought any less of her. But at least know he knew and could comfort her and be there for her so she'd never have to feel like she did in New Pegasus again. It hurt him to know that he had been making the pony he cared about more then anypony else scared to talk to him about something for fear of messing things up.

"I'm not gonna lie and say that all that you told me changes nothing, but nothing is changed in the fact that I love you the same as I did before. I do believe you about Cream, Bakey and I'm so sorry that that happened to you."

Scraps paused for a second to wipe away some of Bakey's tears with a hoof before continuing.

"Never think that the world would be better off without you, Bakewell, because it wouldn't. You always brighten my day, and I don't think I could live without you. You don't have to be the best most perfect mare to be perfect to me, I love you Bakey, even with every flaw or horrible thing you may have done or contemplated doing in the past. I won't admit that you're trash Bakewell because you're not. Slavers are trash, ponies who kill amd do horrible things for fun are trash, you are nice to ponies and it tore you up inside when you killed a pony, that is in no way grounds to say you are trash. You've got to believe me Bakey."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 am

Bakewell sniffed wetly as Scrap wiped away the tears. His words didn’t change how she felt about herself, but she was glad to know that Scrap didn’t shun her. That he was still there for her even with the realization that she wasn’t some angelic alicorn of peace sent to grace the wastelands with her hoofsteps. She was scared of what might have changed between the two, but a feeling deep within her chest told the mare that it would be okay.

“If you can’t live without me, I guess I’ll just have to stick around.” Bakewell chuckled. As the earth pony stared into the younger buck’s eyes she forced herself to make a decision. There would be no more stalling. No more half steps, no more bordering on the uncertain edge of affection simply for the sake of not hurting feelings. It wasn’t fair to herself, and it certainly wasn’t fair to Scrap. She was going to either love Scrap or hate him, and after all they had been through in the wastes the large mare already knew that she could never ever hate him. That even if he stabbed her and stormed out of the house never to return that she herself would be the one she truly hated and blamed. If Bakewell couldn’t hate Scrap, that left only one other option.

“Scrap Parts. If you meant everything you just said, would you marry me? Again? A real wedding, like in the pictures. Mr. Snuffles can be the flower girl and Violet Star can carry, well, I guess I would have to be a unicorn to wear a ring, if we even managed to find one. Maybe that diamond necklace would work.anyway, she could do that.” The pastry mare said, already beginning to get mentally swept up in making plans, excitement glistening in her eyes alongside her tears. “This time there’ll be no confusion. No sinking boat or impending doom. We can invite our friends, maybe even Kestrel would come, you get along with him, right? I honestly haven’t seen him miss a single social celebration in Stableton. Maybe they make him happy. We probably shouldn’t allow Cro- oh, um…I mean” She trailed off. She was trying to shove Scrap into things yet again. A habit she needed to nip. She couldn’t just assume he would say yes. The red maned best unicorn in her life could very easily say no. How many ponies in the wastelands had a single marriage, let alone two? Would it make him look bad? Would he be offended that a bit of Bakewell was suggesting that somehow the first one didn’t count fully to her. That he would catch on to the fact that, at least for a while, some of the “I love you” had been forced and fake.

“Actually…” She said, trailing off as she stared into Scrap’s deep, honest orbs as they drew her in. She leaned forwards slowly. “We don’t have to. It’s up to you.”

And then she kissed him. Not a smooch on the cheek or a peck on the forehead, a real kiss between husband and wife as her beige lips had their meeting with his for the first time.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:29 am

Scraps could start to see the excitement that was showing in Bakey's eyes as she started to talk about the possibility of a second marriage, a real one this time, not one suddenly sprung on two unsuspecting ponies by a drunken moron.

The thought of saying no never even crossed his mind, he focused relentlessly on the positives. It would make Bakey happy, and him happy too; he could start things off right this time, with him not freezing up and the threat of doom not hanging over their everyword.

Scraps was just opening his mouth to say yes when Bakey kissed him; blinking in surprise he froze for a second before realizing what was happening amd kissing back. After what seemed to be a blissful eternity (but was only a second two) the kiss broke, amd with it the already cemented decision that he would say yes was reinforced even more.

"Of course I'll marry you again, Bakewell"
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:59 am

Bakewell felt the blood rush to her cheeks as the two broke apart. She stared silently at her and Scrap’s hooves as the temperature in the small room seemed to skyrocket. It took her a while until she found her voice again, though the pony’s heart still felt as though it were trying to climb through her throat and escape through her mouth. Bakewell had never kissed a buck before, and there was a certain juvenile giddiness related to having done so. She almost felt like giggling. Almost.

“Thank you.” She breathed quietly. Her eyes seemed distant and dazed before suddenly popping back into the here and now.

“Thank you!” She repeated, this time full of energy as she charged forward and tackle hugged Scrap.

“It’ll be perfect. I don’t really know of any priests but I’m sure we can make it work.” She spoke quickly and energetically, all thoughts of their earlier Snuffles issues completely gone from her mind. “Ooh, who should we invite? What should I wear? Where should we have it? I’ll have to get you a ring, and we’ll have to find a substitute for flowers. I can probably handle any cooking by myself. Oooh, I’m so excited!
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Scraps was knocked clear off his hooves, emitting a loud oof and landing in a heap of tangled hooves. Still he was grinning through all the entire thing and hugging back. Laughing a litte and nuzzling Bakey happily he started to answer Bakey's excited quesions in an equally excited voice.

"We should invite all our friends, Sky and Ark and Kira and Rad and everypony! We'll have to find somewhere nice, just as long as it's not on a boat, maybe we could clear up the building where we first met. That would be nice. I'm so excited too!"
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 am

“Oh my goodness, yes!” Bakewell squealed, rearing up out of the hug and kicking her forehooves excitedly into the air. “Don’t forget Zestari and Blitz and Cuppa and Flash and Jasmine and… ooooh, there’s so many names! Do you think we should write invitations? I think we should write invitations! I don’t know where we’ll get the materials for it, but we should totally try. Should we let our friends bring their friends or just keep it to ponies we know, do you think? Probably just those we know, If Cross got in and tried to ruin it I would legitimately have to kill his face. Nevermind that. I’ll need another dress, I lost my old one on that boat… Maybe we could just swap those pre- speaking of boat, did you say no boat? Because I think there should be no boat. I think you said no boat anyway.

The mare stopped to breath, "Okay. I need to get you a ring somehow. Scrap! What do you know about rings. No wait, I can’t let you make your own ring! That’s wrong! I’ll find someone else to do it. We might have to measure your horn, Scrap. Is that okay? That’s not some sort of unicorn embarrassing thing, is it? Maybe I could just measure one of those gears you always get stuck onto your horn when working on stuff…”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Scraps continued to chuckle, finding Bakey's super-excited reaction amusing-not that he wasn't super excited himself. He wasn't gonna try and break through the massive stream of words the beige mare was saying so he waited, a big smile on his face. He was gonna try and talk when she paused but before he could form his words, his window of opportunity closed.

He blushed furiously when Bakey mentioned the gears that tended to get stuck on his horn. He had yet to figure out how that kept happening and it embarrassed him to no end.

"We could send the invites through their pipbucks. Most of our friends have pipbucks right? That could work. We should probably keep it to ponies we know, less could possibly go wrong. I think I'm set for my clothes, still have my suit. And no boat, definitely no boat. I think that just measuring my horn would be easiest, even if it is a bit embarrassing."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:53 am

Bakewell paused when Scrap started blushing, assuming that the blush was related to his horn, rather than the gear.

“Don’t worry about the measurements, Scrap.” She reassured, moving in for a quick nuzzle. “I probably know the size decently enough anyway, I do see it every day.” She shrugged. In actuality she just made a mental note to try and get the horn measurement while Scrap was asleep. That way she wouldn’t mess up by guessing, and wouldn’t have to embarrass Scrap, because he couldn’t be embarrassed while asleep!

“Hmmm. I know a lot of them do, but I don’t know about all. Rad doesn’t, and neither does Zestari or Blitz or Cuppa, unless you don’t want to invite them. Which is fine if you don’t, I’m not sure how well you know them. So we can do whatever you want. It’s a shame we can’t invite Winter, though…” She said, moving in for a quick nuzzle while she debated dresses. She had sworn to never wear one again after the boat, but this was her wedding, right? A dress was practically required!

“I think the only dress we own is too small for me, Scrap.” She said, looking back at her ugly mass with a self-conscious blush. “So hopefully I’ll be able to find something."
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Scraps nuzzled back happily, trying now to think of a way to get the invitation to the ponies without pipbucks since his plan now had several pony sized holes in it.

"We should definitely invite them! Especially Rad and Zestari-don't know Cuppa or Blitz to absolutely well, but if their your friends, they should definitely be invitrd too! Most of them live in Stableton, right? We could just find and give them an invitation."

Scraps gave a happy smile and gave Bakey another nuzzle when she blushed before reassuring her.

"I'm sure you'll be able to find a nice dress, Bakey."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:30 pm

“Right, so… “ Bakewell sat with her back leaning against the wall and brought her two forehooves up to that she could see and interact with her pipbuck, and spoke out loud as she tapped the buttons.

“We have to… invite Sky, Ark… who is Ark, again? Nevermind. Kira, Rad, Zestari, Violet, Flash, Flash might want to bring his marefriend, so we’ll just assume both. We can leave Cuppa and Blitz out, since you don’t know them and honestly I’ve only seen them I guess twice anyway. I don’t really know if they would even be interested. Blitz would probably be bored out of his mind. Ashen Coat would in no way care… Do you know Mona Tones? She might want to come. Is that everyone? That’s seven definite people. Maybe Kestrel would want to show up and we could use a guard against anything bad ruining our second try, so that would be eight… Violet is in charge of carrying whatever we find to use as flowers, Snuffles can carry whatever we use as rings. I have absolutely no idea who would take the place of the guy who does all the talking… I can measure your horn while you’re sle- eheh. Nothing. I need to try and find a dress somewhere that’ll fit my freakishly muscled ugly frame, and we need to figure out if we can convince whoever’s in charge of the place we first met at to let us get married there.”

The mare looked up

“Whew, that’s a lot. I don’t even know where or how to start…”
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:12 am

Scrap sat down next to Bakey and started to add everything into a little note on his pipbuck as Bakwell did, nodding as the beige mare listed off names and occasionally contributing a small comment.

"Ark's my friend, met him in Harmony. Little runty but fluffy zebra. I think he's Kira's coltfriend too, so she'd want to bring him. Though he may be with that caravan of his. So he's a maybe. I don't really know Ashen or Mona. But if Mona's your friend then I'm fine with her coming. I could probably get Kes to come too, if we wanted; I've worked with him a lot, and while I don't think that he considers me a friend, I would imagine I'm better then the average pony in his eyes."

Pausing for a quick second, he swapped topics.

"I'm not sure whether we'd go for this or not, but I could probably make flowers out of scrap metal, and make them look pretty. I could help with finding a dress, it shouldn't be ridiculously hard to find one. I don't think anyone owns rhe ruin where we first met, it's just kind a ruin, unless you meant the little inn.that we were at on the way to New Pegasus."

Somehow Scraps managed to miss the line about measuring his horn, so he talked on, oblivious to it.

"Yeah...I've got no clue where to find a pony ti marry us either...but we should probably start this whole thing off by inviting the guests."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:01 am

“Ah, so not Arc Weld.” Bakewell nodded, trying not to show her relief. “That makes more sense. He should be fine. I don’t know if Mona would really be interested, but we don’t have to invite her if you don’t want to. Really, the only three I absolutely want to be there are Violet, Zestari, and Rad. The rest are really up to you. I’m not too popular, I guess. ” The mare shrugged, not really sounding surprised that she didn’t have boatloads of friends. Ugh, ‘boatloads.’ “I really only suggested Kestrel because he’s always so silent, but he’s at every social event I can remember. I was worried that maybe he got kinda lonely, and I don’t think he would cause any problems.

“That flower idea sounds absolutely amazing, Scrap.” Bakewell smiled encouragingly.

“Oh, I meant the ruins.” She continued to answer Scrap’s questions in order as he asked. “You never know. Somebody might be using it as shelter, whether it be a down on their luck pony or a group of raiders, or even a bunch of radscorpions. So we should check ahead of time. You know, just to be sure?

“Okay. Invitations. Your pipbuck idea could work, there’s only a few ponies who wouldn’t have one, I think. Zestari isn’t an issue because we just have to wait until she comes home next. Violet and Rad will probably be the hardest to find, neither of them have pipbucks.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:23 pm

"I definitely want Sky and Kira to come too, so that makes five for sures. Maybe Flash. I'd be fine with inviting Mona, but you should probably do it, since you know her."

Scraps responded, moving in for a quick nuzzle after the beige mare said that she liked his idea for the flowers.

"You're right about the ruins. I had just assumed that they'd be empty since they were when I crashed there. As for finding Violet and Rad, that shouldn't be too absolutely hard, we could just yell in vents and probably find Violet; and didn't Rad say he just hung around Stableton at some point."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 pm

“Right.” Bakewell nodded, getting up and rummaging in one of her storage crates, carefully pulling out a pencil and an old ruined book.

“I’ve never found Violet unless she wanted to be found. But I guess she’ll pay us a visit if she hears I’ve been looking for her. Rad… I think he told me that he just sort of wondered from town to town, but you’ve spent a bit more time with him than me. We’ll search for him.” The mare spoke as she plonked the book down onto the floor, opened it to the second page, and put a hoof onto the the bound paper to hold it down. "I’ll write the invites for our pipbuckless guests, and let you handle the technology. So, what do we want to say?” She asked before craning her neck down, grabbing the page corner with her teeth, and tearing the sheet from the book with a satisfying ripping sound.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:15 pm

As Bakewell got the book from one of her storage crates, Scraps pushed a few more buttons on his pipbuck and opening up a file to write the invitation. Then of course he realized that he had no clue how to start the invitation.

"I'm not really sure...I suppose we should start with: You've been invited to attend the marriage of Bakewell Tart and Scrap Parts. But after that I'm not sure how to word it."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 pm

“Mmk…” Bakewell muttered as she gripped the pencil between her teeth and painstakingly jotted down Scrap’s narration. She didn’t get very far before she had to drop the pencil, make a disgusted face from the taste of two hundred year old dirty eraser the writing instrument left in her mouth, and try to follow up on Scrap.

“Dear, Whoever. You’ve been invited to attend the marriage of Bakewell Tart and Scrap Parts…” She repeated his suggestion, and started tapping a hoof in thought. What else was supposed to be included in invites? A time and a location, probably. But how exactly could they describe the location to somepony who had never seen it before? How could they even guess at a formal time this early on? The mare looked at Scrap and gave a shrug, followed by a slow, sad headshake. The pastry pony couldn’t think of a good way to word the invitations.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 am

"It's alright, we don't have to figure everything out now, we'll have time to plan everything out, then we can finish up the invitations once we're sure of all the details."

Scraps said, saving and closing the little file on his pipbuck before rising back up to his hooves amd flashing a happy smile.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:35 am

Bakewell shrugged.

“Oh, okay then. Just as long as you aren’t getting cold hooves.” She joked, closing the ripped paper back into the book. As the mare deposited the parchment and writing instrument back into crate she returned the unicorn’s smile with one of her own.

“What a morning, huh? I’m not sure I would have ever bothered going to bed last night if I had known it meant waking up to all this.” The mare signed as Mr. Snuffles, done with his gorging and sufficiently convinced that there was nothing of real edible value left, walked by and climbed onto the bed. Bakewell and Mr. Snuffles both knew that he wasn’t allowed upon the bed, but yet he sat resting in Bakewell’s place and giving her a look that dared his poor pony servant to attempt to remove him from his newly claimed throne.

“We need to remember to put his collar back on when you’re done with it.” The beige earth mare said. She dared not even try to remove Snuffles from his perch, and simply stared helplessly for a few moments before a loud growl roared from her empty stomach, reminding her that her sleeping area wasn’t the only thing her beloved pet had robbed her of on this day.

Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Scraps sighed and facehoofed when he noticed Mr. Snuffles new position on Bakey's side of the bed; already foreseeing what a pain it will be to remove the radhog from that spot, and the coming battle to keep him off of there. A battle that unless the shock collars worked, that they'd definitely lose.

Stifling a little giggle at Bakey's stomach growling Scraps suggested.

"Have you eaten yet, Bakey? Cause if not we could go get something."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:14 am

“Uh, no…” Bakewell admitted, sheepishly. “Mr. Snuffles ate everything. Absolutely everything.” She frowned “Maybe we need to get a secret stash or something…” The mare pondered, kicking a hoof at the ground. Bakewell wanted food, a lot. But she wasn’t sure it was worth the caps or headache. Still, Scrap was offering, and she really could use food. It was probably lunchtime by now.

“Okay.” She nodded with a soft smile.

~~~~~

Bakewell happily trotted alongside Scrap down the street, a leftover strip of dried radigator held aloft in her mouth as though it were some sort of strange prize as she thought about the rollercoaster morning Scrap and her had just been through. The unfolding events weren’t by any means what the mare had wanted to wake up to, but no matter how horrible Mr. Snuffle’s deeds had been, she couldn’t help but feel that her radhog had helped the two in some strange way. A new start was just what the mare had been hoping for after the horrible mess up that had been the boat. She had even managed to work up the courage to give the unicorn a glimpse at her past, and he had accepted it. There was a little bit of nervousness that something might change between the two, but for once Bakewell felt as though their relationship would be okay. That it would all work out. That she couldn’t mess it up on accident. The marriage would take a lot of work and a lot of planning, and due to the nature of the wasteland it probably wouldn’t be nearly as impressive as the beige pony was imagining, but she could accept that if it meant a lifetime of happiness with Scrap Parts.

Scrap was wrong, Bakewell wasn’t the nicest or most perfect pony in the wasteland, not by a hundred thousand miles. That title belonged to Scrap, and to Scrap alone. Bake wasn’t sure how her large ugly doofus self had managed to get a chance with the gray buck, or how she had been so fortunate as to gain the affections of a pony so gentle and happy and considerate enough for a second chance after the horrible and half-hearted first attempt she had given, but the beige ex-bully was determined not to waste her second opportunity. Bakewell would be the best bride she possibly could be, and Scrap would naturally be the best husband ever without even having to try, and together they would overcome anything.

Scrap Parts and his Bakey. The perfect Post-Nuclear (Whatever the hay that was) Family the wasteland would ever see.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am