Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

An Out of Body Experience [Closed]

Mona Tones
    Level 5
    Level 5

Re: An Out of Body Experience [Closed]

Post by Mona Tones on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:56 am

Mona would have been about to respond to the question, when...essentially, Kestrel flipped his lid at Jasmine. Things went by so quick, that it was hard for her to truly focus on everything that had happened, but Kestrel was yelling, Jasmine spoke back, Kestrel looked like he was about to cry as he tried to remain tough, then Jasmine went over and hugged him as Kestrel tried to get away.

It was a fairly strange mix, and Mona found she could do little more then stare dumbfoundedly at the events in front of her, it was strange enough seeing Jasmine in Kestrel's body beign freidnly, but seeing the aforementioned Griffon looking close to breaking down? Even in that body, it was a strange sight, and one she didn't expect. Slowly, she pulled herself to her hooves and trotted over, resting a hoof on Jasmine's large, feathery shoulder.

"...Jasmine...I think you should let go of Kes for a bit..."

She would say quietly, giving a discreet nod to the Kestrel-Griffon, for someone like Kestrel to be showing emotions? It wasn't a good idea to force them to open up...better to let them just go naturally if they were willing...
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:34 am

Zestari gave a nod to the others. “Okay, back we go.” She paused just for a moment, to glance towards Bakewell. “I still want one of those amazing devices for myself, just remember. Dangerous, or not.” She gave her head another quick, soothing rub, and then trotted off back in the direction of the camp.

Arriving back at the camp everypony looked tense, even if Kestrel was hugging Jasmine, or was it the other way round? It had to be the other, Kestrel never hugged or showed much care for anypony. Zestari sort of blinked at the scene. For once the wall of emotion actually helped her to not overreact or mis-read the situation before her.

“We’re back everypony.” She said softly.

HP: 223
    DT: 25
    AP: 40
    RM: 5
    Crit Threshold: 94
    Botch Threshold: 4
    Dodge: 24
    S 5 – P 5 – E 4 – C 5 – I 8 – A 8 – L 7

Defences
    Ranged: 60
    Close: 74
    Explosive: 55
    Passive: 48

Weapons
    10mm pistol – Hit: 12 – Damage: 22 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 5 – Cap: 12
    .45 pistol – Hit: 12 – Damage: 29 – Crit: ×2 – AP: 8 – Cap: 7
    Unarmed – Hit: 26 – Damage: ? – Crit: ×2 – AP: 6
    Knife – Hit: 7 – Damage: ? – Crit: ×2 – AP: 4

Perks/Traits
    Perk name: Iron hoof +10 unarmed damage
    Perk name: Prancing Shadow
    Perk name: Field Medic Half AP cost to bandage

Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Still locked in his old bodies grasp Kestrel continued to buck and fight and flail. The body he was in not letting him do much of anything aside from that. Even a 'gentle' hug from his old form was nigh-inescapable in its intensity.

Still he tried. Desperate to get away.

Looking around for anything that could get him free, the once griffon came to notice the new arrivals. Mona's old body, zesty, and there, trailing behind was the currently swapped Bakewell and Violet.

'No, not now. Please not now' Kestrels mind rang, his efforts to escape doubling. He had expected them to hear his shouting, but he didn't want them seeing him like this. Didn't want them to see what that damned pony was doing in HIS body.

Efforts and resolved re-doubled, the little mare began to flail, ignorant to Mona's words of suggestion.

"I said let me FUCKING go!" the mare screamed, body jerking hard with each and every word. She had to get away, had to hide, had to have some time to herself. She had too...she had too...

HP: 373
    DT: 30
    AP: 42
    DC: 21
    Botch 7
    Crit: 97
    S:8 P:8 E:7 C:2 I:8 A:7 L:4

Defenses
    Rn: 106
    Cl: 100
    Exp: 69
    Pa: 57

Loadout
    Lightning Talons
    HIT: 43 DAM: 56 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, 5 shock damage for 5 turns.

Vakara
    HC: 43 DAM: 78 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, -5 AP on crit

Hellsing
    HC: 60 DAM: 85 AP: 16 CAP: 8 CRIT: x3 SPEC: -15 DT

Casull Revolver
    HC: 60 DAM: 53 AP: 13 CRIT: x2.5 CAP: 5

Perks/Traits
    Luna Sight: +5 to hit when dark/night.
    Ghost: x2 Sneak bonus at night.
    Stonewall: Can't be knocked down in combat.
    Luna Blessed: +2 INT/PER when dark/night
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 pm

“Yeah. I keep telling myself that I’m going to find you one, but…” Bakewell responded to Zestari, reaching a point and hesitating. The mare glanced towards Violet, who would at least know some of the pain surrounding the mare’s trip back home. “…things never quite work out, I guess.”

The purple filly followed Zestari, still having issues getting used to not only how her wonky vision allowed her to see through certain objects, but also had a very definite pop in and pop out point beyond which she was completely blind. The filly wouldn’t admit it out loud, but she actually was extremely scared of falling behind and having the others disappear.

When reaching the campsite. Bakewell originally didn’t see anything particularly noteworthy. Jasmine was hugging somepony. It wasn’t exactly a rare occurrence, even if the size of Kestrel’s body made the hug look a bit awkward. She actually continued walking once the zerbra in a unicorn body had stopped, not really paying any attention to the sight until Kestrel had started screaming.

At which point she found herself unable to do anything but stop stone still midstep and stare in surprise and confusion towards the outburst. Should she do something? Try to help? Would she only make things worse?
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:17 pm

The body on loan from Kestrel hanged onto the pegasus that was miniture in comparison. Jasmine felt her preditory arms pulse with power, proving to be difficult to control. She was used to giving tight hugs that reeked of hospitality as well as love. As she embraced the pegasus, a smile began to form on her face. Soon her hug provoked a reaction from the griffin, one that was quite the opposite that she was hoping to create. Her eyes widened as she looked down to see a thrashing Kestrel.

Her heart began to race as Kestrel's screams reached her ears. Everything seemed to be lasting forever. Unsure of what to do, she held onto the pegasus afraid to let go. Mona came in from behind and placed a hoof on her shoulder. Her legs trembled as she turned over her shoulder. Jas managed to respond almost immediately when Mona offered her suggestion. "I-I want to, but I'm afraid he's going to hurt me!"

By now Jasmine hadn't a clue how to handle poor Kestrel. Perhaps he thought that she was trying to eat him? She did the one thing her insticts suggested, and that was hold on for dear life. Finally Kestrel uttered to be released one final time which was enough for Jas. Her left leg inched out behind her as she scooted away.

One...Two...Three...

The addrenaline in her system made hergreat escape a little less gracefull than Jasmine envisioned. Jasmine released Kestrel, turned backwards and bolted away as fast as possible screaming. She galloped as fast as her birdy kitty hooves could carry her as she screamed for her dear life.

"I'M SORRY KESSIE!"

She didn't bother to look over her shoulder as she tried to clear an adequate distance away from the pegasus. At least it seemed that they were making progress...
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Feeling the embrace of his old-form slacken Kestrel put his new bodies agility to damn good use, in a near-perfect mirroring of Jasmines own actions. The once-griffon running forward and stopping near a rock, his/her new body natrually curling up, shivering.

It was not the cold that drove his/her muscles to convulse, instead t'was memories. Memories of all the times he'd been dragged off to fight. Of the times he'd been dragged off to work, to break, to bend....to serve as a creature without will or way aside from that which he was given.

The physiology of the body he was in began to once more work against him, his lungs and throat growing tight, choking Kestrl...causing him to heave in great gasps as he tried to calm him/herself down. It was a slow process, that of enforcing his will on this new body but eventually he managed.

The pegasi's form quivered dangerously, her/his eyes blinking and shifting about, pupils shrinking and expanding dramatically as the memories flooded past. Yet eventually, mercifully they stopped, and Kestrel was able to reign in just enough power to tremble out one final phrase. One final, hurt, pain-filled phrase. The mare's voice was solemn, final, her tone like that of a recently beaten slave.

Like it had been that day in the rain...that day when Kestrel laid the first brick for that wall inside his head.

"Sorry won't fix this...you stupid pony."

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Jasmine settled a short distance away huffing from the adrenaline rush. The dust settled as the agile form of Kestrel came to a rest. She stared over her shoulder after she was sure she gained enough distance from Kestrel. Her sharp hearing caught Kestrel's hurtful comment. She became self concious under the cloudy sky as she stood alone. Words like stupid had been thrown at her before, and she was used to put downs. Why ponies used words like that describe her, who knew why. She simply reminded herself that genius, over and over again. Her eyes fixed on a rock at her feet as she huffed to herself.

Her eyes turned back to her previous body. Under Kestrel's control it seemed so foriegn and unfriendly. She never realized just how terrifying her own body could look. Perhaps that was something that everypony had deep down inside. Every action carried out in this world was a choice, and after years of bullying in the stable, she made hers.

"I'm NOT thtupid Kethtrel! And you're taking thith way to perthonally." Her words still caused her to shake, it was strange standing up for herself, especially to somepony who could probably kill her with little effort. "I'm thorry for what you've went through, but I'm not rethponthible for your patht."

She stood like a statue, oblivious to others around her. It was as if it was just the two of them. Then she simply turned and walked away from him. Her ears turning back listening for what he may say, but she kept walking onward.

Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:08 am

Kestrel looked over his/her shoulder. Locking his eyes right on the back of Jasmine's head. He didn't see the big, terrifying form of his old body. No, he saw right past that. Right down to the little pony inside.

The look in his eyes was a baseline of anger, mixed with pain, and dressed up in a nice suit of icy piercing cold.

"No. You're just the one threatening my future." Kestrel lisped out before going silent and turning away, pushing himself to his hooves and moving off towards a small bluff well away from the light and warmth of the fire and camp. The should-be griffon needed time to himself.

The tea from before sat unused and unpoured, the pot still steaming and warm.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:01 am

Zestari witnessed the exchange in mute silence. Once again, the wall of emotion clouded her expression from displaying more than intense interest, and certainly not the torrent of emotion she wanted to.

Kestrel had just exploded in rage at Jasmine, Jasmine was now upset and cowering and defensive. Kestrel was somewhere well beyond furious, his eyes betrayed the fact more than any words he uttered could.

A part of her wished she could find out what the whole conversation was, or what had triggered all of this. Instead she was merely a spectator. A surprised and confused one, at that. Maintaining her awkward silence, the pair finally split and went a separate direction.

Unsure about what to do, she figured following Kestrel in Jasmine’s body – just to check up on him, and ensure he was okay. Especially as Zestari had never seen him quite so furious, the fact that she generally knew Kestrel better than Jasmine convinced a small part of her, that she’d better be able to help him should he want it.

Silently she followed the Pegasus, keeping somewhat adrift of his gait, but making no secret of her presence. When he came to a rest, she followed suit a few paces behind and to the right. If he wanted to speak, she’d let him. For now, she thought just being nearby would probably be for the best.

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits

Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Violet was silenced as she watched the two walk away, eye’s wide as she kept turning her head between the two.

“...Well...That was a...Thing...” she slowly said before looking down at Bakewell. “I think we may have missed something.”

She watched as Zestari silently went to follow Kestrel. If she was going to try to console him...Well, she wished her luck. At least whatever weird disability Mona’s body has that inhibited her emotions would probably help Kestrel from scaring her in or something. And with Jasmine’s body he couldn’t do much damage, she should be fine.

Jasmine herself...Was probably going to need some help too. And hopefully she wouldn’t lash out or something and hurt Bakewell’s body, she’d rather keep her friend body as intact as when she got it.

“...I’m going to make sure Jasmine’s alright.” she told Bakewell as she turned to follow the retreating griffon. She started trotting, trying to catch up to her.

“Hey Jassy!” she called out as she neared. “Are you alright? I saw what happened there...”
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Kestrel had heard the hoof falls behind him, but did his best to ignore them; eventually coming to where he wanted to be. The stone was colder here, the breeze as still as death. Down below, the wasteland plains, pockmarked with rubble and dirt.

The pegasi seemed content to glare at the dust for a long while, content to ignore the pony that was close by. Eventually he spoke up however, though he didn't move his gaze from the dusty rot of the wastes when he did.

"You ponies make a habit of following those who want to be alone?"

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:36 pm

The air seemed still as she stared off into the horizion. Her eyes moved slightly back and fourth before she raised a birdy hoof toward her lowering head. The sun gleamed off the worn talons, which were worn and knicked from their past adventures. The happy go lucky pegasus felt stranded in this form and in this location. Her sharp hearing picked up hoofsteps from behind her. Her eyes darted back instinctively before clenching shut. This perception and strength was too much for her. She longed to be back where she belonged, or at least in her old body. She told herself once she left the stable that great change would come to her, as drastic as it would be irreversible. However her scientific spirit urged her to continue forward. Discovery and new experiences come at a great cost. She turned around, still flustered to see Violet.

"Hey Baki- I mean Violet. Sorry, this whole thing is still kind of confusing to me." Jasmine took a deep breath as she broke eye contact before looking Violet back in the eye.

"Ill be honest I'm not exactly in the greatest of moods right now. I know Ill be fine I just need to calm down a bit..." A smile crept across her face as she looked at the former filly. "I still can't get over how weird it is talking so clear. I keep having to think over what I'm saying, because it feels like I'm pronouncing everything wrong..."

Jasmine took a seat on her flank and reached out and tried to manipulate a rock with her birdy hoof. She still was trying to adapt to her new found dexterity, but it appeared that simple actions like grasping objects were comming easier to her.

"I'm sorry for what happened back there Vi... We're going to be ok I'm sure..."
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:05 am

Violet smiled back at Jasmine when a smile finally crossed her beak. “Hey, don’t worry about it. I’m sure Kestrel will be fine, Zestari’s talking to him...or her I guess...right now.” Despite herself Violet couldn’t help but note how weird it was to hear these words coming from Kestrel. True it was also weird to hear her speaking with Bakewell’s voice, but at least they were the same race and gender.

“This has been pretty weird for all of us I imagine. Although I’m pretty sure Zestari and Bakewell have it the worse. Zestari because she has to deal with whatever weird emotional disability Mona apparently has, and Bakewell because...Reasons.” she finished a bit lamely, not wanting to mention the specifics of why Bakewell would be having any issues with Violet’s own body. She may tell Jasmine about her own nature someday, but that day wasn’t going to be today. Not yet.

“Anyway,” she continued, “Yeah, I’m sure everything’s going to be fine in the end. Kestrel just needs to cool down a bit.”
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 am

Jasmine's ears perked up at the mention of Bakewell and Zestari. Earlier she was talking to Mona and sadly didn't get to hear about her experience in the switch. It was a shame because she seemed like such a nice mare. But then her interested expression began to develop a slight confused look.

"Emotional disability?! Mona seemed normal enough, and pretty nice too..." Jasmine thought to herself before a devilish grin crossed her face, her eyes bright with playfulness. "You know... At least none of them have to be a boy..." Jasmine snickered as she touched briefly on the subject in a playful manner. "I'll be honest, I used to be curious what it would be like and let me tell you- it's as creepy as it is gratifying! Everything is just...EVERYWHERE!"

Jasmine giggled at her joke in poor taste before continuing. "But anyways... I can't wait for granny bones to return us to our bodies, or at least tell us that we're stuck this way. I'm not sure if I have to adjust my adorable demeanor to match my masculine body or just enjoy my new life with sculpted muscles temporarily... How have you been holding up without your horn!? I can't imagine what that would be like, at least I can fly..."

Even in a sour mood the pegasus trapped in a griffin's body found it easy to communicate and began to chat away. Conversation usually helped Jasmine alleviate stress, especially venting about various subjects. Sadly conversing didn't help her relax as much as scientific research...
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:35 am

“Well I haven’t seen Mona that often, just a few times really along with one big time, but I have noticed that she’s usually pretty emotionally flat. The only other pony I’ve seen like that is that in Stableton one with the goggles. Zestari on the other hoof has always been a very emotional and upbeat mare. But look at the two now, Mona in Zestari’s body is exhibiting emotional behaviors, doing thing she didn’t do before, while Zestari in Mona’s body is as flat as Mona usually is. That can only mean that Mona must have some physical disability in her brain that inhibits her emotions in someway, and as long Zestari is in that body all her emotions are getting bottled up, if she’s even feeling them at all. And I’m not sure which is worse, having them all bottled up or suddenly not feeling them at all. On the other hoof though imagine actually being able to express or feel emotions again has been enjoyable for Mona.” Violet explained, going into her more technical medical side for a moment.

When Jasmine described how it felt to have her new...Male bits, Violet could only raise an eyebrow at the...Eloquentness of her description. “That’s...Interesting, I suppose.” There wasn’t much else she could say really, although she did wonder if Jasmine realized she was talking to a fourteen year old filly. Most older ponies tried to avoid sexual topics with foals her age usually, although in Violet’s case she was already quite familiar with that sort of thing, if only because of her encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy. And her tendency to castrate rapists.

When the subject of how Violet was holding up came up, the filly-turned-mare just shrugged. “Eh, I just do. I’ve lost a lot of things in this body, but I’ve gained a lot too.” she explained. “I just don’t use magic. I’ll make due until I get my old body back.” She was silent for a moment.

...Yeah, I probably can mention that. Don’t think it’ll do any harm.

“Plus, this isn’t really the first time I lost something like this. A few years ago I lost my eyesight for a several months. Was completely blind. And I handled that pretty well considering, and that I thought was permanent. With any luck this isn’t.”
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:41 am

Zestari continued to sit there nearby to Kestrel, her face impassive. Ha, mother! Finally in control of my emotions, if only you could see me now! The pair continued to sit there in silence, Zestari permitted her eyes to wander across the landscape in calmed silence, only allowing them to return to Kestrel to check he was still there and still okay. She leant her head slightly when he gruffly addressed her. Well, as gruffly as Jasmine’s body would allow, anyway.

Zestari paused to consider Kestrel’s words. How to respond without feeding his annoyance? A direct answer would be what he was seeking; either that or an apology, maybe indignation? She took a deep breath, she needed Kestrel to talk to her without giving him something to feed his anger. She was again thankful for the wall that allowed her to consider the situation before her calmly, almost analytically, instead of snap emotional decision making as she was prone to do.

“Am I bothering you, Kestrel?”

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits

Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:53 pm

"A bit. Not as much that damn kid though." Kestrel spat turning his gaze back towards the dusty wasteland. The sight of all of it was enough to calm him a bit...but still his ire boiled just beneath the surface.

And it was all because of this damn situation. Time couldn't pass fast enough until they all went down and got their bodies back. Then Kestrel could go home, he could enjoy his tea and eat whatever he wanted with out fail or comment.

He could...He could go be alone again. No ponies, no zebras, no irksome childish fools with dreams of being a hero. Just himself, his memories, and his camp. Kestrel loved it when he was alone!

Alone...without anyone...without anyone to talk to but the old worn journal in his tent...

Why didn't that thought comfort him like it used too. Why did it make him feel cold?

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 am

Jasmine tilted her head, in her bird like form her posture was comparable to a chicken. The sides of her beak stiffened into a slight frown as her eyebrows raised; allof this of course was impossible to see behind the mask. Happened before? Going blind... Jas was simply intrigued and had to learn more.

She leaned in closer and rubbed her beak with a talon as she nodded listening to the mismatched soul in a beige mare body. "I had no clue that you went blind before... What sort of procedure did you have to undergo to fix that?"

Jasmine's head was buzzing with questions. Mostly about the psycholog...psy...psychological implica- UGH what sort of effect it had on Violet's brain.

"That must have been terrifying! What happened to make you go blind? Accident? Is blindness hereditary in your family?!"

Jasmine's short attention span began to lose focus on what happened. She simply loved living in the moment,even if it wasn't exactly her choice. The tone of the griffin turned mare became more lively and relaxed as she listened intently to Violet.
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:18 am

...Questions...Ok, maybe mentioning the blindness wasn’t the best idea Violet.

Violet was a pretty clever pony though, so she should hopefully be able to skirt past Jasmine’s inquiries and avoid revealing the actual truth. Although she’ll probably quickly make a connection with her glowing eyes and not let up, she’ll deal with that if it happens though.

“Well, I didn’t. The doctor’s couldn’t do anything, so I just tried to move on. And then one day my eyesight just started to come back.” It wasn’t really a lie, she just didn’t mention the part about how everything was in silver and how she started to be able to see through stuff.

“As for how it happened...Well, I did something stupid. I did something stupid, and instead of dying like most ponies would have I just lost the use of my eyes for several months.” she explained, leaving out the part about how the taint mutations she had incurred were reformatting her eyes during those months, and the years that followed.
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

Zestari drew a long breath and blinked at Kestrel. “So why does ‘that kid’ annoy you so much, Kestrel? We all have different ways of coping, I’m sure there was no malice intended.” She went silent again, retreating into her thoughts as she considered what next to say.

Watching the back of the pegasus’ head, she wished that Mona had secret mind-reading powers. Kestrel was annoyed, that was clear, but treading around topics to avoid making him angrier was going to be difficult. A few questions flashed through her mind and she dismissed each out of hoof, either too conversational, or might stir him up further. Perhaps, then, it was a time for Kestrel to talk and for herself to listen. “Is that all that is on your mind, Kestrel?”

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits

Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Kestrel growled as best this new body would allow before answering. The rage from before coming back full force. "Have you ever made a promise, a promise so big, you had no choice to keep it. A promise that, if broken, would cost the life and saftey of someone you care about so much you would do anything, including die for you Zestari?" Kestrel asked, turning around and glaring down at the mare behind him before continuing.

"Because I have. And that stupid mare that's in my body right now, wants to go and tear apart years of work and cause me to break that promise." the pony lisped out before continuing on.

"Three years I've fought, bled, and nearly died building my reputation, making everything right, making sure every detail of my promise could be kept. Hell I crawled my way out of Fillydelphia, twice, to keep that promise. And she's about to compromise it all because what few braincells she has think its a good idea to play 'Hero' in my body. MY BODY. Do you see ME going and trying to ruin her reputation as the so called 'party mare' of this little scrap metal shanty? Do you see me thinking its a good idea to just tread all over her lifes-work like its some kind of party game? NO, because I actually have the COMMON FUCKING CURTSY and BRAINPOWER TO KNOW BETTER!" the mare screamed, getting steadily louder.

"BUT SHE DOESN'T! No, that'd be asking to much of the pony wouldn't it? Then, after I SPELL IT OUT for her, she actually has the gall to try and apologize; then continue to break the borders and TOUCH ME. I HATE being touched without permission." Kestrel was huffing angrily now, her body shivering once more with barely contained rage. He/she wanted to hurt something, to hunt, to kill....she wanted her body back and for all of this to be just some dream.

Managing to calm him/herself just enough to be presentable again Kestrel sat down, his/her tone going from angry and wild, to hard and pained. "I can't calm down because of this damn ponies hormones, I cant enjoy my tea because of its dulled senses, I can't even go and check on my father Zestari. All because something decided it was a good idea to toss me into the body of some foal from a stable that doesn't understand that the world isn't all fun and games. So yeah, I have plenty on my mind Zestari. And until my body is back I can't do a single thing about it."

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Zestari’s mind wanted to flinch, wanted to cower before Kestrel’s angry tongue. The fact that it was from Jasmine’s body seemed to do little to change the impact of the words. However, she was saved once again by the blocking and she calmly endured his sharp tongue, only enough emotion getting through to etch concern upon her face, and her ears to twitch as Jasmine’s voice rose into a scream.

“It’s not reputation that allows you to achieve and do the things you can, Kestrel, all reputation does is place expectation and pressure upon you to always meet or exceed that reputation. Do you think your father cares about your reputation? That he sits there worrying whether you’ve killed enough monsters in the wasteland?”

She drew a breath, “Twice into Fillydelphia…” even through the cloud she had to suppress a shiver, “You’ve always been braver than me, Kestrel, and it’s good to see such drive, but don’t sacrifice your life in pursuit of it.”

“I can’t comment on the hug except to say that such reassuring affection is common and it didn’t occur to her that you’d have issue with it. Ignorance may not be a good excuse, but we need to at least acknowledge those differences.” She looked askance as a memory bubbled up inside. “When I came to Stableton Bakewell gave me my first friendly hug. It was awkward for everypony concerned, I think.” She caught herself before she wandered too far down memory lane, and irritated Kestrel further.

“Yes, you can calm down. You may be in an unfamiliar body, but your mind is still your own regardless of what hormones are influencing it. As for that ‘foal’ from the stable, you make her innocence seem such a bad thing. It may be misguided, but it is nice to have ponies and friends who are not bitter shells destroyed by the wasteland. To remind us that things can and are better if we try.”

Zestari tried to give what she hoped was a sympathetic look. “My final advice is to acknowledge that you can’t change it for now and instead to make the best of it. Hiding here being angry isn’t going to solve anything, except make us worry. Granny Bones will be able to sort it all out. One day isn’t going to ruin everything.”

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits

Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Had he the means, Kestrel would have balled his talons at the words being spoken to him. He settled again for a low and steady growl. Of course she didn't understand. Ponies never did. They were too different. Too...cheery. They always had hope...drive.

Kestrel? Kestrel didn't have anything but his reputation and his father. Hope wasn't a plan, it was something fools used to try and make the pain stop. He'd met plenty who hoped. Hoped for food, hoped for water, hoped that maybe, just maybe, those twin little goddesses the ponies loved so much would actually do something to help.

When you lived a life like the ex-griffon's, Hope wasn't worth anything. It was just another word for dead.

"Should have known you wouldn't understand. My 'worthless' reputation is what kept my father fed in Filly. It gave him what he needed then, and its what gives him all he needs now. Every cap I earn, is because of that reputation. Father doesn't care about how I get caps, or how much blood I have on my talons. We are both stained red and we know it. What he cares about is that when he needs something, anything, I get it for him. If he can't walk, I carry him. If he can't eat, I help him. I don't stop, I don't hope, I don't quit, and I don't lie to myself. I just do what needs doing, then move on." Kestrel explained the look in his eyes hardening up. He looked more like him old self right at that moment than he had all day.

"I met plenty like you in my years. Those that wanted something to 'hope' for. I saw males, females, and kids of all kinds beg, fight, and die for 'hope'. And you know what happened Zestari? It never worked. Whatever happened, happened, and then that little light they thought would save them got drowned out in the blood and the sick, or got blown out by the sound of their screams."

The pony spit the last phrase as the memories that came with it slammed into him. Even without his old body, he could feel the scars and the pain. Hear the screams, and the groans, feel the blood and the mire swallowing up his body. It hurt...it physically, mentally...spiritually, hurt. But just like every time before Kestrel pushed the pain away, locked it behind his wall, and moved on.

"I didn't hope. I sacrificed, I fought. I gave everything I had, until barely anything was left, all for my Father, and because of that I earned a reputation. And because of that reputation, and the...things I went through to keep it, I survived. He survived. So you tell me which is better Zestari; Hope or Reputation?"

Kestrel let the question hang in the air for a few pregnant seconds before he finished up his half of the conversation.

"There's tea by the fire, enjoy it while its hot. Till it's time to go, I'd like to be alone. I'm used to it anyway."

With that the ex-griffon turned away and moved back to the edge of the cliff, looking down at the wastes below. Even the blind could see Kestrel was done talking for now.

The breeze that blew across the pegasus made her shake a bit, this body not as capable of keeping its heat as his old one. Kestrel awaited the usual aches and pains the chill and pressure change would bring with it...the ones in his wings, and ribs. Of course, in this new body, they were absent.

Back in camp Jasmine was going to be in for a rather nasty surprise. Few things felt like the ache of healed bone...fewer still like the remnants of a dismembered wing. One had to wonder how Jasmine was going to react to the sensation in her new bodies wings and ribs. No doubt it'd be a show to see.

Maybe then, when she felt what it honestly was like to exist as the big black Griffon, when the ache of old wounds crept up, she'd see.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 am

Zestari felt her mind bristle momentarily before it dissipated as Kestrel told her she didn’t understand the importance of reputation. She knew only too well, but this was not her time. “I didn’t say it was worthless, I said there are more important things, Kestrel, like family, friends, love, being kind and moral. Why is it that those seem less important to you than your reputation? What am I to you? Just the zebra with the healing salve?”

“Those caps you earn, are because you accept a job no matter how dark or deplorable, that you will fight and duel and work and struggle and endure. Not because your reputation somehow allows you to overcome such obstacles. At best, your reputation means others expect you to be able to take on difficult jobs that have left your body with those terrible scars. Is it really worthwhile?”

“You misunderstand Hope, Kestrel. Hope means that you believe there is something better; that what is current reality is not how things have to be or must stay. It is not a call to inaction or to passivity, it is the opposite, it is what encourages, spurs, and drives us to change the grim reality. If you abandon hope then you abandon belief that there is something better.”

Kestrel’s dismissal had a resolving effect upon Zestari, there was no way the griffon was going to so casually dismiss her. “I’m not going to leave you and go back to the camp, Kestrel. That’s not what friends do. I might not understand everything that you’ve been through, but I’m here to try and understand. The wasteland burdens us all, at least let me try and help you share yours.”

Defences

Weapons

Perks/Traits

Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:19 am

Kestrel, true to his decision, said nothing in response. He just stared down at the wastes, looking for all sake of speech, like all of Zesty's words were going in one ear and out the other.

He was listening though. Even with the dulled senses of this body that old habit was not going to die.

As he listened he wrote up and played out a counter argument. Kestrel knew damn well that it was his BODY doing the work on his jobs. His reputation however was the one that GOT those jobs in the first place. You could be the biggest, baddest, most beefed up merc around...but without a reputation there wasn't a single pony or griffon in these wastes that would hire you.

And this talk of hope. Of family, love, friends....Kes didn't have any of that. Aside from his father, he was the only surviving member of his family...his clan as the Northern Griff's would say. The continuation of his line, rested solely on his shoulders. And already they bore a burden none should ever need to carry.

Friends? Even Trails, the one that could really be called the closest thing Kestrel had to a friend, was expendable. A tolerable acquaintance that would be killed and left to rot at the first sign of betrayal or uselessness.

Kestrel also knew of love, physical and romantic. While his Mother was alive he'd seen it, experienced them both; through words and hugs, warm looks and songs. That cold, rainy, wasteland night where Kestrel did the unthinkable. The night that his innocence and hope died... shriveled up like some sun baked corpse.

After that came Filly, that damned, and all-encompassing hell. It was there that Kestrel learned the ways of this world, as they'd been presented to him. He'd fought and killed others for scraps of food, drops of water. He'd killed for the enjoyment of guards, for minor, if necessary, gain. Where he got so many scars, and learned all he knew of War and its Arts. He ate and drank things that would make any sane wastelander balk, and the weak of stomach loose their lunch.

It was where he was tortured and twisted, beaten and broken, built up, and made to serve the wills, both sadistic and lustful, of others.

But most of all, its where he learned to Obey.

Obey without question, without effort, without thought. He learned that when the situation was dire, you followed orders, and maybe, MAYBE, it'd be ok. He'd learned that if you built a wall, and hid behind it, the body was nothing more than a tool. A mindless, empty shell that did as it was told.

So while, deep down, Kestrel knew of love, friends, family...it was all behind the wall he built, buried well beneath the deeply ingrained urge to obey, to serve, and to fight.

He would be lying, if he said he never dreamt of happier things. In between the terrifying nightmares that plagued him, the griffon did often dream of other less harmful things.

Sometimes they were of family, of friends...of lovers. But whether the dream was of the heated, passionate clash of feather and fur, or the peaceful task of teaching a child to hunt, there was always one thing they shared.

At the end, when Kestrel was at his happiest, when he was finally feeling better about himself, it was always stripped away and replaced by the putrid, tainted picture of reality and consciousness. Overwritten by pain, and struggle, and suffering.

Perhaps had Kestrel explained all this, how that even in dreams he was eventually denied the right to be happy, that Zestari would understand just why the griffon had no Hope. Why he drove himself to near death constantly, and lived only to fight and serve another day.

She'd probably never know though because while he could have spilled himself open and let all of that be known, Kestrel had said nothing. He'd just sat and stared at the wastes, silent and stoic as a statue.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:50 am