Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Lightning Flash
Deus Crux
Jasmine Beat
Collateral Damage
Sanctity
Crackle
Sub Warden
11 posters

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED] - Page 7 Empty Re: Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Post by Sanctity Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Sanctity looked back at her, irked. He had never been a particularly private person, but... Well, he had to be now, didn't he. He moved closer to her, 'accidentally' nudging her as he did so, trying to dissuade her from getting closer. Doing this, he felt her. She was cold, like there was no blood in her veins or something. Was she a ghoul? She didn't look like one. He shuddered and moved further away, trying to keep the tracks between them now. That mare was creepy. Creepier than creepy. He saw he take a horn earlier, which was almost as creepy as this, but just... Eugh.

Atleast if she tried something, she'd be dropped by the rest of them. He was sure they wouldn't let her kill him. Collateral atleast seemed like the kind of honorable guy who'd protect him. He reached up his hoof and scratched the base of his horn, the flesh their suddenly feeling very sensitive, for no reason.
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED] - Page 7 Empty Re: Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Post by Deus Crux Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Deus felt the nudge and saw Sanctity move away, and followed all the same. She wondered how scared he was at this point, and how long it would take to break him? And most of all, she wondered what his heart would taste like. She turned to him as they walked, blank eye meeting terrified, "What's wrong?"
    Collateral Damage
    Collateral Damage
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Collateral Damage Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Collateral stopped and hovered in the air for a bit before shooting up to Crackle, who was circling the area like a vulture. Flying just beside him, he called out. "Crackle! I've spotted a dust cloud a few klicks out that way, could be another caravan, or a group of travelers, maybe more ghouls! Can't tell from here!""

He stretched out an arm towards the point of interest.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 am

Sanctity looked back at the tracks, determined not to make eye contact with her. He felt a little guilty for judging her for how she looked, but, well... No-one looked like that and stayed all there in the head. It just didn't happen. He knew what tortured ponies looked like if they survived, and she fit the bill. "Nothing. Just prefer to work on my own"
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Crackle nodded. "I see it... We have a job to do, though, and its still a good distance off. I'll keep an eye on it, but for now we keep going. Keep your eye out for trouble."
    Collateral Damage
    Collateral Damage
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Collateral Damage Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Collat nodded and dove back down closer to the ground, moving up father away from the group still in search of anything out-of-order.

[Back in recon mode. PER 9]
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Deus maintained her stare, she would not be simply leaving this one be. Give us the little bastard's head on a platter! He might make a good friend, might even help us... We'll just have to see how easy it will be to break him. Deus considered the options. And there were many. As they continued toward whatever on this colt's whim, she replied, "No you don't. Nopony wants to be alone, little unicorn."
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Sanctity quirked his head to the side. Was she implying something? He'd never said anything about wanting to be alone. Was she lonely or something? Well, when you looked like that, it wouldn't be too surprising. He then went back to studying the trails, staying quiet for a short moment, unsure exactly where they'd gone, before figuring it out and changing his heading ever so slightly.

"So, why'd you come on this little adventure?" he asked, feeling uncomfortable as the silence stretched on, with her gaze still boring into him.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:58 am

Jasmine broke her attention from the foal on her back to notice Sanctity and Deus having an exchange of words. She smiled at what she assumed was the two of them making friends. It was nice to see some positivity after the previous bleak events. Normally Jasmine would easily enter the conversation, right now she felt quite the opposite desire. Her focus at this time was mostly on Cinnamon, trying to keep her safe and in good spirits. Her head turned back to look at the filly on her back. Considering what she went through, it was surprising how well she was doing. Jasmine nuzzled Cinnamon with the side of her head before approaching Sanctity and Deus Crux. Perhaps some light conversation would help lift the mood.

Sensing a time to enter the conversation, Jasmine hopped right in almost effortlessly. "I'm guethhing that she'th here for the money, but Id be interethted to hear if there wath another thing that attracted her to thith line of work..."
    Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Jackpot Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Following along at a bit of a distance, Jackpot kept quiet. Luckily, the filly was still fairly oblivious to his true nature. She had given him a few sideways glances, but nothing had clicked yet thanks to his coat, bandages, and hood obscuring his features. Intending to keep it that way and having nothing to add to the conversation between Sanctity and Deus, Jackpot trailed behind Jasmine waiting for something to happen.
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:59 am

What? Does he know something? We should rip it straight out of his little head!! Information can be coaxed out of a fool, and this is no different. Why don't we just ask him, he seems nice... She wanted whatever was creating these ghouls, if she could get her hooves on it and control it. At best, she was hoping for some kind of necromantic device that was raising corpses, she was expecting it was most likely some source of radiation, such as a leaky balefire bomb or large magical generator. At worst, it was already under somepony's control, and their goals were at odds with her own.

Do we even have any goals? We're just wandering the wastes, sad, lonely, broken, and wishing we had friends. We just need somepony to love us... Our goal is to fuck up anypony who messes with us, that's what!! We will do as the Others command, nothing more, nothing less. We are their weapon in the wastes. Deus smirked a little, hiding it by looking at the ground, "Well, why are any of you here?"
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Jasmine brightened up as she perceived Deus' comment to be sincere in nature. Jasmine straightened her head up tall and scanned the small group that she accompanied. As Jasmine's words rolled off her tongue, her eyes seemed to glow bright with vigor and enthusiasm. Perhaps a sign of her sheltered lifestyle and idealistic ways.

"Well, I'm here becauthe I want to help make the wathte landth a better plathe. By killing thethe ghoulth, we're thlowly taking back the wathtelandth for ponieth and griffinth alike! In fact the only reathon I want the capth ith tho that I can throw a party for the good ponieth of Thtableton. But jutht look at the progrethh that we've made tho far! Although we haven't exactly went through without a thcratch..." Jasmine shot a quick glance to her injured wing, as she spoke she tried to hide just how exhausted she really was from this endeavor. Part of her wondered just how much longer she could keep up this "hero work".

"It'th worth it. There are more of uth good ponieth than there are of thothe mothterth. Maybe we can inthpire otherth to take up the fight."
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

The group steadily made their way north as they chatted. On the ground, nothing eventful happened as the group talked. In the air, things were just as quiet. The dust plume continued to rise in the distance, but was still to far off for anyone to make out any details. As they walked and talked, the ground became a bit softer and Sanctity was able to pick up on the trail, no longer having to rely on Cinnamon's directions.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Sanctity felt relieved as the orange pegasus helped light the conversation in a more friendly tone, a feeling that was only improved when the ground started to gain a little give under his hooves and the tracks became clear as day. Maybe the trek wouldn't be as bad as he'd thought. Hell, maybe that little bit of what he could see over the horizon was wood smoke and they'd be able to stop and have a cooked meal with some caravanners, maybe even find a place that their newest addition would be safe with.

"I'm not here for as noble reasons as Jazz" he then felt a little self conscious at the use of the nickname he'd ascribed to her in his head "Can I call you Jazz?" He asked, before continuing "I'm here to get these things away from the town. Can't hunt when there all scaring off the critters I kill... Caps don't hurt neither"
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:19 am

Jasmine's head perked up when he gave her the nickname. Her turned to him as they cantered toward the ploom of smoke.

"Of courthe you can call me Jazthh, oh that'th tho cute! And you're thuprithingly polite compared to everypony elthe I've met tho far! Uthually ponieth treat me like a push over! But anywayth, all of my...Um, my few friend'th uthed to call me that in addition to a few other nameth, back in the thtable that ith... Pluth my thithter uthed to call me that ever thinthe we..." Jasmine's tone grew less melodic at the mention of her sister. Her eyes grew misty and lowered toward her hooves as she pressed on to their destination. Her nelancholy gaze grew more desperate in the short silence that followed.

After a deep breath she looked up and continued on with Sanctity. "Anywayth, feeding yourthelf theemth good enough reathon to me to do thith. At leatht you want to do that in an honetht way."
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Sanctity winced at the mention of having done things the honest way, doing his best to cover it up, but the silence was noticeable for a few seconds. Then, he spoke again "Sorry for bringing up bad memories" he said softly, feeling bad that he'd broken the happy rhythm of her voice. There was another little, awkward silence.

"So... You come from Stable? I never heard of that place" he said, his voice slow and sounding inquisitive, before realizing. Oh, she meant Stableton. Celestia, he must look stupid.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:46 pm

"Oh don't be thorry at all Thanctity..." Jasmine stared at the dirt road as they trotteed along. Her green eyes rested a short distance infront of her path as she moved silently for once. The mention of her sister caused a change of attitude seemingly out of character for her. Despite her efforts to keep from being sad or worrysome, Starry was at the back of her mind constantly. Her stomach knotted as her focus dwelled momentarily on a subject that constantly dug at the backof her mind. Despite her concious efforts to try and keep a positive out look, hope was dwindling for her.

And then Sanctity's curiosity shifted her focus. Never heard of the Stable? Jasmine jumped in almost immediatly after his comment. "Oh I'm thorry I have a tendanthy not to be ath thpethific ath I should. It'th not a town, it'th a fallout shelter. Bathically a large bunker underground that could houthe a thmall community for many yearth. I wath born there, and a few month'th ago I got my firtht tathte of fresh...ish air. All of thith wathteland thtuff ith kind of new for me thtill, but don't mithunderthtand me when I thay thomething negative about it. I jutht want to try to make the wathteth a better plathe for all of uth to live, and I will if I have my way." Jasmine's step became lighter and lively as she chatted with Sanctity, still being careful not to drop Cinnamon.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 am

Sanctity tilted his head to the side, trying to imagine what that would look like. It did sound much better than the building he'd grown up in, but not being able to leave seemed.. Odd, somehow. He imagined it'd be like being stuck in a trap. Especially if you were one of the ponies who never got out. They'd just sit there and wait for time to catch up to them, he couldn't imagine anything like it. He decided not to vocalise that, wanting to keep the conversation light. He smiled a little at her as he tried to think of something to say.

"Well, I wish you luck in that!" he said, his voice sincere "If there's anything I can do to help, you can count on me"
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Deus considered being angry that her conversation had been interrupted, but decided against it. She looked at the tracks, the little bread crumbs they were following to... What? Where were they going? "We are heading to the source of these dead ones, are we not?" She wanted her little army of corpse-toys, if there was any chance.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Sanctity nodded in response to her question. "I think so. It's hard to tell, seeing as ghouls don't work the way normal animals work. There aren't any actual trails, just tracks, but as long as I follow the tracks backwards, I should be able to find where they came from" he said, trying to give the scary unicorn as much information as he could without explaining the details. There was much more he'd be able to tell if these were regular ponies, but their irregular, staggering gait made it hard to determine much apart from direction.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Jasmine squinted toward the horizon, completely looking over the plume of dust rising in the distance. Despite her straining to see any details, it was something that she couldn't pick up without the aid of her glasses.

"You're doing fine I'm thure... Tho what thort of thing do you think would create thethe zombieth anywayth? You don't think that thomepony would create thethe deliberately do you? Although that would be rather ridiculouth... What thort of purpothe could thomething tho terrible therve..."
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Deus stared at the overtly peppy pegasus mare. Was this one on to her? Or perhaps this whole persona was just an act... What if this mare was planning to take the source for herself?? Deus' mind drifted to such terrible purposes when Jasmine finished, thinking of just what she would do if she had that kind of power...

She had many things in mind, and this mare would not be getting in the way of any of them. "It doesn't matter, we will destroy it. Right?" She asked Jasmine pointedly.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 pm

Jasmine turned at the mare with the missing eye. Jasmine raised a hoof to accentuate her point as she stepped in.

"Woah woah woah... That dependth on the thircumthtanthe... If there'th thome thort of artifact we should put it in the hoove'th of thomepony who'the rethearch minded in order to learn of it'th thecret'th!" Secretly Jasmine refered to herself, not because of an alterior motive. Simply she would love to study an item of that nature for the thrill of discovery. "If there'th thome thort of pollution cauthing it... I'm probably going to thtay away from it until I learn more about it... No uthe turning into a monthter mythef... But if thomepony ith doing thith... Yeth, we will have to intervene if pothhible."
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Crackle continued to drift through the air, keeping pace with the party as he waited for something to happen. He kept a wary eye on their surroundings, but the only danger was a far-distant bloatsprite. He watched Collateral take it out with a well-placed shot as he surveyed the area, circling high above.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 am

As Jasmine trotted along chatting with Deus and Sanctity, her attention turned immediately to the filly on her back. She stretched her neck as she tried to observe her, no doubt still in shock from today's events.

"How are you doing back there thweety?"

Calming words would do little to help; unfortunately the damage was done. At this point, Jasmine thought giving her some space was probably the best thing. Still she wanted to make her caring presence known to Cinnamon and communicate that she was there for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:45 am