Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Lightning Flash
Deus Crux
Jasmine Beat
Collateral Damage
Sanctity
Crackle
Sub Warden
11 posters

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Post by Jackpot Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:51 am

As he finished bandaging the wing of the yellow pegasus and bound it in place on her side, Jackpot looked up at the griffin menacing him with a plasma pistol. His arm started to inch towards the hatchets tucked in his belt, but then the avain turned and blasted a ghoul fighting with a unicorn. He looked back down at the ghouls victim. His old cloak was already saturated, but it should be enough to eventually stop the bleeding. Rising, he turned and attempted to find the ghoul who had caused such damage. He knew from experience that pegasi wings were damn tough. Although they may look fragile, the feathered appendages were remarkably strong. If that ghoul could do that kind of damage, there was definatley something different about it.

(attempting to locate Pegasus Ghoul, PER 4)
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Post by Jasmine Beat Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:44 pm

GreAs the mysterious figure spoke to her Jasmine closed her eyes, at first fearful that this would be the last moment of her life. Great, she thought. The last moments of my life I get to watch monsters fight over my body. She eventually relaxed and tried to fade out, accepting her fate.

She flinched as a massive paw touched her side, another one grabbed her wing. What happened next was excruciating for her as she felt extreme pain in her wing. The rest of the battle field faded out of exhistence, it was just her and her preditor on the field. Here she was, helpless to do nothing but watch as her wing was ripped off.

No new pain followed, except somthing aggitating her wound. She looked back to see the cloaked figure wrapping her wing. He's not here to eat me, he's here to save me she thought. She fought back the tears as he treated her gruesome injury. Everything happened so fast for her it was hard to process everything. She looked up to her savior, and smiled.

"Thank you..."

Jas got to her hooves as fast as possible and picked up her service rifle. She stood a short distance away from the diamond dog feeling safer in his presence. Her wounded wing hanged limp at her side as she tried to aim, grimacing from the pain. If they managed to get out without being eaten she would have to thank the mystery figure properly. Jasmine tried to locate her hungry ghoul friend while she asked her hero a question. "Wath thith your caravan? Ith anypony elthe with you?"

(5AP pick up weapon, 5AP stand up, look for ghouls (Per 2)
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:02 pm

The ghoul remained standing over Deus for a moment, and then collapsed on top of her, the flesh on its head blasted away down to the bone. However, the zombie attacking Sanctity did not give in as easily. Bullets and Plasma ravaged its body, but it still kept coming. Finally, Sanctity smashed his pistol down on the creatures head and drove the undead unicorns horn through its rotted skull, klling it. Jasmine and Jackpot both looked around, seeking more enemies. Jackpot sniffed the air a few times, but no new scents came to his canine nose.

Standing over the corpse, Sanctity began to channel, his horn glowing with an etherial light. He released the magic with a flash, granting himself the ability to percieve heartbeats for a short while. He looked around, searching for more enemies. He saw the ponies and griffin that had departed stableton with him, highlighted with a glow matching the one enveloping his horn. However, they were the only ones marked in such a way. He panned his gaze across the battlefield. He looked at Crackle and Jasmine standing by the rubble, and saw a much fainter twinkle shining through the wall of the wagon nearest them. Moments later, he also noticed the large Diamond Dog standing near them. He had been occupied dealing with his ghoul, and had missed the canines entrance. What really stood out about the new arrival, though, was that he had no magical highlight around him at all.

Combat Summary
    -Last 2 ghouls killed
    -Pegasus ghoul mysteriously vanished amomgst the rubble and wagons
    -No changes to party member status

====Combat Complete====
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 am

Sanctity wiped the rotten goop off of his pistol in the bush, once more being very glad that he didn't have to hold the thing in his mouth like earth ponies. He scanned around, seeing no more dots apart from those of his companions in the landscape, he relaxed slightly.

"I... I think that's the last of 'em." He called out from where he was hiding "Is everypony okay?"

There was a brief silence that was very worrying. Shit. Had somepony gotten really hurt? He stood up from his hiding place and spotted another, fainter heartbeat that he'd missed before. He trotted towards it, before noting something that really, really wasn't right.

That Diamond Dog didn't have a heartbeat. More to the point, there was a second one, but that was nothing. He stared at him with wide eyes, horrified by what that could mean.

"I... I think there's somepony still inside the wagon" He said, his voice shaky. As he spoke, his eyes never left the diamond dog. "And he... Doesn't have a heartbeat"
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:35 am

Jasmine searched frantically along side Jackpot looking for that last pegasus pony ghoul. Her eyes scanned to the best of their ability, but all she could see was the rubble of the barren wasteland around them littered with the carnage of battle. Not too far away one of her party members called out asking for their status. Her eyes looked back to her wing hanging limply at her side with the bloody bandages around it. What could she say? She was bucked royaly. She stared at her wound, trying to push the image of the gnashing zombie teeth to the back of her mind.

After taking control of her thoughts she shouted back to the others. "Everypony, there'th a ghoul pegathuth around hiding! Keep your eyeth open!" Jasmine took the time to reload her service rifle as she turned to Crackle. "Crackle... I'll probably never be able to fly again, but don't worry I'm here until the missionth done. I can wait to thhee a doctor until later.." Jasmine took her weak health potion and poured some over her wounded area hopeing to heal it, then downed the rest. She did her best to stay in the moment, it wouldn't help anypony to entertain the thought of having her wing amputated.

[Reload 5AP, Use weak health potion Medicine 15]
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 am

He turned towards Jasmine and saw the damage to her wing. It was... Well he didn't know much about medicine, but it looked proper fucked. He pulled the weak health potion he still had out from his pack and placed the end of it within reach of her mouth.

"The pegasus ghoul's gone Jaz. I can't feel any heartbeats but ours and whatever's in that wagon. And I don't think ghouls can teleport"

He then looked back towards the diamond dog "And you still don't have a heartbeat" he commented, sounding extremely perturbed by it.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Jasmine smiled as Sanctity placed the potion within her reach. Surprised by how generous the stallion was, especially considering how unpredictable the wastes were. Jasmine raised her hoff and shook her head, "Thankth, but you better keep that for yourthelf. I have one more potion on me."

Jasmine turned her head back, wincing as she looked at the damage that was done to her limb. Her eyes glazed over for a moment as her eyes became fixated. Life was about to become very difficult if she was unable to fly. But she made this comitment to herself, and the wastes; she would have to accept the consequences as they come. It could've been a lot worse for her.

At the mention of there being somthing in the wagon Jasmine trotted off carefully to investigate. She pointed her newly reloaded service rifle a short distance infront of her toward the ground, trying to be prepared for whatever was in that wagon. She heard Sanc mention Heartbeats to the mysterious newcomer, "Exthcuthe me gentlecoltth, but I think that he'th fine thinthe he thaved me... Let'th worry about what'th in that wagon..." Jas tried to listen for any sort of noise after she called out. "Hello, anypony there?"

(Listen, per 3)
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 pm

For one of the few times ever, Crackle did not immediatley start pillaging the dead once the shooting stopped. Instead, he approached the Diamond Dog, still crouching where he had bandaged Jasmine's wing. He looked at the wound as the pegasus spoke.

"I dont know, Jas. If we can find a rejuvenation potion you should be ok. Maybe a strong healing potion, but thats more of a toss-up." He turned to talk to the new arrival, plasma pistol held in one talon but not pointed at him. Once Sanctity mentioned his lack of a heartbeat, however, the gun snapped up to point right at the dag. "You, however, have some explaining to do. Who are you, What are you, and what are you doing here?"
    Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Jackpot Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:19 pm

Jackpot rose from his position down on one knee, where he was eye-to-eye with the griffin, to his full, quite considerable, height. Although the shadowy black hood concealed his face, there was no mistaking where his gaze was directed. He looked down at Sanctity.

"Correct, little unicorn. My heart is still, and only ash and dark magic run through my veins. Is that a problem?" He stared for a moment. It wasn't menacing, only calculating. It clearly communicated that the unicorn should think carefuly about his answer. Turning, he adressed the griffin. "Although I have been called many things, you may call me Jackpot. I am here simply because I believe this is where I am needed to be." He paused and gestured to Jasmine's injury as she passed him on her way to investigate. "As for what I am? Well, it would be easiest to show you." Adressing all the assembled ponies, he asked "Do you want me to?"
    Collateral Damage
    Collateral Damage
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Collateral Damage Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:56 am

An extremely pissed Collateral Damage suddenly appeared, as if out of nowhere. The way he saw it, his gun failed, his plan failed, he failed, and somepony almost died because of it. Almost wasn't an option. That wasn't somerhing that sat well in a perfectionist of a pegasus like himself. He wasn't angry at the gun, or the ghouls, he was angry at himself. For the first time during the entire ordeal, he spoke without consent.
    "I don't care what you are, who you are, as long as you can kill the enemy. I think we're all fine right now not knowing, let's stay focused on the task at hoof." With that, he slowly hovered towards the caravan, his rifle trained for anything that might be foolish enough to show itself. After hearing Jasmine call, he kept his ears and eyes out for any response.

(Listening, prepared for combat. PER 8)
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:31 am

Sanctity nodded calmly, looking at her with concern still etched on his face. "If you're sure" he said, quietly as he placed the potion back in his packs. "We gotta look out for each other, shout if you change your mind".

He turned back to the diamond dog, who happened to now be towering above him, and looking down at him very menacingly. His speech made clear that he wasn't being antagonistic, but he would take no shit about this. He shrunk slightly closer to the ground on instinct as he scanned the surroundings for exits.

"No, it's just..." He searched for the right words, his eyes flicking skittishly from the figure to the surroundings "Different?" he offered meekly, not having the vocabulary to be any more polite. He stayed noticeably silent with regards to his second question, not wishing to push his luck with him.
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Keeping his pistol trained on the diamond dog, it took a moment for how big the Diamond dog was to sink in. However, he refused to be intimidated, and flew up to eye level on the brute.

"I certainly want an explination. You showed up out of nowhere, and even though you patched up Jasmine, I'm not about to trust any random wastelander."
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:24 pm

After downing the potion, Jasmine felt much better. The bleeding stopped, but the torn muscle only partially regenerated. Her wing was still painful and unuseable, but it was no longer agonizing and the bruses incurred in the fall faded rapidly. There was a faint 'plink' noise as a rotten tooth that had been embedded in her flesh was ejected and fell to the ground.

She moved towards the wagons, stepping around a butchered wagon driver, and Called out. Only silence greeted her. However, as Collateral flew up, he heard a faint clattering noise from the back of one of the covered wagons. Thanks to his time spent on the streets in stableton, he recognised it as the sort of sound that might happen if somepony attempting to remain hidden had shifted slightly, perhaps as if they were preparing to jump out at the pair of pegasi...

[Jasmine is healed 85 HP thanks to the potion and unbalanced madicine system.]

[OOC note: updates in this coming week will be slow due to exams]
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:33 am

It was almost unbelievable just how much the potion relieved her pain, if only a bit. Though her wing was still in agony, it was something that she would be able to work though. The fear of ghouls making her a target kept her trying to force her pain reactions to the back of her mind. Hearing nothing, she trotted closer to the wagon, her eyes widened at the site of the former wagon driver. She covered her mouth with her hoof and averted her eyes for a moment before looking back. Protecting Stableton would come with a price, this is something that she would have to accept if she hoped making the world a better place.

"It doethn't look like anypony here ith alive!" Jas turned her head back toward her group members as she prepared to look into the wagon.
    Collateral Damage
    Collateral Damage
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Collateral Damage Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Collateral Damage's trained ears twitched towards the sound in the rubble. Something was still there, and he intended to find it. He snapped towards where the sound came from and kept his rifle in a readied position. Instead of heading straight into what could've possibly been danger, he slowly, steadily hovered away and around the caravan, circling it's side. Doing so kept him out of range of any immediate attack, and if anything hostile decided to be foolish enough to show itself he'd put a bullet through it's skull without hesitation.
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Dues skittered out from under the dead thing she'd killed. She showed no fear at her wounds, no relief at the victory, and no apprehension that there may be yet more ghouls. She looked down at the corpse and muttered something under her breath, "heart's probably rotted beyond use." She looked around, showing just as much emotion for the state of her "comrades," her saucer-eye betraying no feeling whatsoever, and her empty socket even less. She was simply watching.

Her horn was still smoking with a swirl of rainbow pollution from her magical exertion at the transgressor as she returned to the group. She looked at the newcomer. "A Dog, and a dead one at that?" She turned to the pegasus he had saved, "Well I suppose when you fail you have to rely on SOMEone, hmmm?"
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Although the wagon was covered and the insides were obscured by shadow, there was just enough light streaming in through a line of bullet holes for Collateral to make out the vauge shapes of what was inside. There were a few rectangular blobs scatterd about that the pegasus assumed to be shipping crates, but not much else...

After a moment, another faint noise reached Collateral's ears, and one of the shadows shifted. The pegasus thought he could make out the vauge shape of a pony, crouched behind one of the crates. It looked like it was peeking around the edge of the container, but collateral couldn't be sure. All he saw was a shadow that looked like a head protruding from behind one of the boxes.
    Collateral Damage
    Collateral Damage
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Collateral Damage Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:44 pm

The problem with this was that no one knew who was hiding, they were certainly alive, and, in a sense, intelligent enough to hide from the group. The young beige pegasus figured it wasn't a feral ghoul, but here in the wasteland, one must expect the unexpected.

Collateral brought up his rifle instantly and stopped moving. He made several hoof movements to the others, requesting someone go around the other way to flank the target, making the job much easier if things went south. Keeping an eye on the shadow, he adjusted his grip on his rifle and prepared himself for either a non-combatant friendly, or a vicious ghoul hostile.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:26 am

Sanctity watched with a cocked head as Collateral made some crazy hoof movements in the air. Something to do with moving round the side, or them being surrounded. He decided it was more likely to be the former. He looked around and saw a small gap in the other side of the wagon. It wasn't going to be enough for him to fit through, or at least, not without judicious use of his hatchet. But he'd be able to fit the barrel of his handgun through and still be able to see well enough.

He poked the gun through and waited silently, watching the shadows inside the wagon and trying to figure out what had grabbed Collateral's attention.
    Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Jackpot Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Turning to face away from the rest of the group, Jackpot pushed back his hood, revealing a heavily bandaged head. Still facing away, he began to unwind the long, tatterd strip of cloth, eventually winding up with a sizeablt roll of in his paw. He sighed, and then turned to face them again. The sight that greeted them was enough to rattle anypony not already accustomed to the grotesque reality of the wasteland.

All of the flesh on the left side of Jackpots face had been blasted away, leaving the white bone beneath it exposed. What litle was left was charred and blackened, and his eye was a cold, dead gray. the skin was also stripped off of that side of his muzzle, and his teeth could be seen gnashin on empty air when he spoke. On the other side of his face, the damage was not so severe. He still had most of his flesh intact, and a few patches of fur. A piercing ice-blue eye swept over the party, and landed on Deus.

"A dead dog indeed." He paused to examine her empty socket, and after a moment something clicked in his mind. "Well, well, well... I thought that your order had been wiped out..."
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Deus was in no way shocked at the appearance of this ghoul's face, and gave no reaction outward or internally, to the massive burn. When he mentioned her "Order" having been wiped out, though, the corner of her mouth curled up in what may have been a smile, if it didn't look so much like a sneer. "Order, you say? Interesting you should say that of a gathering so devoted to chaos. And they were, I am all that is left of the Starless Hand."
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Jasmine quirked her brow as she looked back and fourth between Collateral Damage and Sanctity. She noticed one of the two heading around the other side of the wagon, and the other making some sort of signal with their hooves. She didn't really think much of it, perhaps they just wanted to investigate the wagon as well. Jasmine peeked her head around the corner to inspect the inside of the wagon space. Her green eyes scanned the interior as her ears stood up on end since she was extra weary from having her wing damaged. Her eyes squinted as she tried to take in the details, trying to figure out what exactly was inside the wagon.

[Listening and observing wagon interior PER 2]
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Crackle was slightly taken aback by the ghoulified Diamond dogs appearance and, still twitchy from the combat, nearly shot him. after a moment he sighed and lowered the pistol.

"Alright... I still don't trust you, but you've helped us so far. Are you just passing through, or are you after the bounty, too?" Before the dog could respond, Crackle's attention was drawn by Collateral antics. "...Hold that thought. I'll be right back."

He recaled sanctity saying something about there being a heartbeat in the wagon, and brought his gun back up. He walked over to the wagon and stood just beside the entrance. Pistol at the ready, he called out.

"Whoever is in there better come out! We'll go in after you if we have to!"
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:30 pm

At first, nothing can be heard or seen inside the wagon. The shadowed figure ducked back behind a crate after only a moment, leaving Collateral without a target. Granted, a shot from his rifle would probably pass through the crate if it was empty, but hitting what was on the other side was a different matter. When Jasmine looks inside, all she can make out are deep shadows and a few indistinct shapes. There is nothing but silence for a few minutes until Crackle's shout rings out. Nothing more can be heard for a few beats afterwards, but then, faintly at first but growing in volume, very distinct noises begin to emit from the depths of the wagon. The sound of a filly's sobs drift out from the depths of the wagon to wash over the group.
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Deus heard the crying and turned, she calmly walked over to the pile of objects and her horn started to glow. She took general aim and fired another of her chaotic energy blasts, chopping up parts and blowing apart others. The light was nearly blinding to any nearby, and to those who would know, the magic looked almost like a limited portion of a megaspell, colors and energy bursting every which way. Anyone, pony, griffon, dog or otherwise, standing roughly in front of her was at risk of being singed or worse, as she had almost no control over the direction of the burst.

Deus didn't really care about any filly that may be crying in there, only that the group stop fixating on this thing and move on. She wanted that ghoul source, or at least to know more about its nature. Such as if she could control it. As the energy dissipated, she stood fully upright again, her wide eye staring into the wreckage, looking for anything of interest. All was now laid bare.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 am