Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Lightning Flash
Deus Crux
Jasmine Beat
Collateral Damage
Sanctity
Crackle
Sub Warden
11 posters

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Post by Jasmine Beat Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Jas' eyes widened at the sound of the filly's sobs. Her mind was brought back to the horrors of Stable 113 and the murderous foals that tried killing her. She trembled as she started to step back but brought herself back to the present. This creature wasn't laughing or pointing its weapons, it was crying. The need to help it over took Jasmine's flashback, and the mare found herself entering the wagon.

"Crackle, it'th ok. It'th jutht a filly! It'th ok, I'm here to help! Are you hurt?"

Jasmine looked around the inside of the wagon, trying to find any sign of struggle or blood in the wreckage. Suddenly a bright flash erupted in the cargo area. The light took her completely by surprise, she tried to cover her eyes and stumble backwards unsure of what was happening. She first suspected that perhaps that she detonated a bomb of some sort.

Last edited by Jasmine Beat on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Of Hatchets and Zombies [CLOSED]

Post by Sanctity Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Sanctity was pushed backwards by the blast, it having landed fairly close to him. He squealed a little as he dropped his .22 as he fell onto his rump. He could swear he'd heard a little filly crying beforehand, but his senses were so screwed up he couldn't tell. Everything was still white and dotted, like an untuned television was being pushed into both of his eyes. The ringing in his ears was unbearable.

"Oh, Celestia" he groaned as he picked himself up from the ground. "The fuck was that?"
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:07 am

Crackle flinched backwards from the blast, and shot deus a glare. He wasnt as close to the small explosion as Sanctity, so he wasn't affected as badly. however, a few splinters of wood shrapnel still embedded themselves in him. "Careful! watch where you point that horn!" He scowled at deus for a moment, and looked back at the wagon.
    Collateral Damage
    Collateral Damage
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Collateral Damage Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Collateral covered his face from the flash, blind and deaf. All he could see was a bright afterimage for several seconds before it subsided to painful ringing in his ears. He stumbled back in the air but was back in a readied combat position in no time. Grimacing at the unicorns daft actions, Collateral glanced at Sanctity and nodded back to the caravan. "I'm going in, keep me covered alright?" With that, he started to hover closer to the caravan, trying to get a view of whatever was casting the shadow.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:16 am

Deus's blast hit the wagon right beside Sanctity, blasting a hole in the side of it and blowing apart several crates. Splinters flew everywhere, dealing some superficial wounds to those nearby. The fillies quiet sobs turn to shrieks of terror. However, thanks to the huge hole in the side of it, the inside of the wagon is now visiblie, and she can be seen.

huddled in the back of the wagon is a light brow earth pony filly, staring at the party with big, fearful tear-filled eyes.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:36 am

Sanctity nodded at Collateral and pulled his .22 from the dust. He looked at it's condition and grimaced, smacking it against a nearby bit of a wood a few times to knock the dirt out of it. He then leveled it in front of him, aiming it into the darkness warily as Collateral came in. Then, the wails of terror reached him. He blinked a few times and lowered his gun slightly. A filly, that was what he'd heard, a filly. They'd been scared of a filly. If the whole thing wasn't so dour, he'd have laughed at that. Instead, he just holstered his gun and walked forwards slowly, making his movements as obvious as he could so that he wouldn't scare the little thing.

He then turned to the orange pegasus who was still looking stunned from the explosion "Hey, Jasmine, come and help her" he said softly, realising that he was probably not the best option as far as not scaring children went.
    Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Jackpot Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 am

After wrapping the bandages around his head again to cover the worst of the damage, Jackpot pulled his hood up. He immediatley felt more comfortable as his face was cast into shadow. When deus blasted the wagon, he jumped back in suprise but was far enough away that he was unharmed. Jogging up to the wagon, he growled at deus on the way past. The noise was unlike any other growl the group had heard, his decayed throat warping it into something distinctly unsettling. He poked his head in to the wagon, and saw that the filly was mostly unharmed, aside from a few painful-looking splinters. Withdrawing his head, he spoke up.

"Someone go comfort her. She's already traumatized, and after this ordeal another ghoul would just make it worse. Try and find out what happened if you get her calmed down." He paused for a moment, then turned to deus. "You and I are going to have some problems if this is how you treat every last wastelander you come across..."
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Deus was only mildly surprised at what she found, though she didn't show it. It decieves us. No filly could live in this place, I want to know its true nature. We should kill the bitch! Rip it to pieces, show them all just how strong we really are! That poor filly... She seems so much like us- Dues closed her eye, something that didn't happen often. She had to shut down that line of thought, quiet that voice before it hurt her.

She turned, not caring in the slightest for the singed and blinded party of whom she had half-blasted around half of their number. Her eye landed on the griffon, and she spoke, as much emotion in her voice as there was in her expression, "I got her out of hiding, didn't I?"
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Jasmine placed a hoof on her chest as she tried too calm herself after making shure she wasn't blasted to pieces. What was that anyways, she never seen a bomb like that before, where did it even come from? She noticed that many splinters had found a new home in her skin. She stared down in disbelief that she didn't feel any of these going in. We'll see how much they hurt when they're pulled out. Jasmine looked down to see a rather large one sticking into her hoof.

"Thcienthe, why?!" Jas lowered her head and yanked it out with her teeth. This was turning out to be her most painful day in the wastes yet. Probability really wasn't on her side today. Jas' ears perked up as she heard the shreiks of terror. She looked around and noticed the filly in the wagon crying. Most of her team mates all urged her to calm the child while she still tried to process what exactly happened.

Jasmine's heart sank as she watched the filly cry. Without a moment of hesitation she placed her service rifle on the ground and trotted over to the filly, slowing down as she approached it both not to scare her and to avoid stepping on anything sharp.

"Shhh shh it'th alright. Are you ok little one?" Jasmines pitch raised as her face and voice softened. She reached a hoof out and gentilly placed it on the filly's shoulder. "I'm here to help you, are you hurt?"
    Collateral Damage
    Collateral Damage
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Collateral Damage Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Collateral Damage kept his rifle trained on the filly regardless. He kept a keen eye on the white unicorn as well, something was strange about her. She needed to be watched, closely. That, and the filly. How could she have been here all this time without being torn limb from limb from those things?
    Something was wrong. Very wrong.
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 pm

While Crackle couldn't faut deus' logic, he still didn't like her callous disregard for the rest of the party. Rather than confront her about it, he merely scowled for a few minutes, then turned to Jackpot. He could tell something was off in the unicorn, and arguing with her would get hom nowhere. Rather than push her, he decided to try and get some answeres.

"Now then, you never did answer me. Why are you here? are you after the bounty too?"

although he kept his pistol holstered, he was ready to draw it again at a moments notice. The sudden appearance of the ghoul seemed to be a bit too convenient for his taste.
    Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Jackpot Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Stepping away from the wagon and allowing Jasmine to do her thing, Jacpot turned to face the griffin. He couldn't blame him for being suspicious. You don't live long by being trusting in the wasteland.

"I know of no bounty, I was merely passing through when I noticed the commotion your group was cauing and decided to investigate. I saw some of my fallen bretheren needing to be put down, and stepped in to do so. If there was a price on their heads, I'll gladly accept payment, but they will die all the same. I mean neither you nor your companions harm. In fact, I wouldn't mind joining your group. Ferals are crawling all over the lands north of here, too many for me to handle alone. If you and your party are heading that way, joining forces would be wise."
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Thinking over the ghouls respone for a few minutes, crackle gradually backed down.

"Alright, if you say so. I don't trust you yet, but I have no objections to you traveling with us." He glanced at the pair of decapitated ghouls. "You've shown you can handle yourself in combat, and patched up Jasmine when none of us could get to her. Check with everyone else, first. However, I'm going to keep an eye on you. don't try anything stupid, alright?" he directed another scowl at Deus. "That goes for you too. A few inched to the side and Sanc would be missing half his face! Watch where you point that horn."

With that, crackle turned away and flew to the nearest corpse and began looting, working his way towards the two other abandonded wagons.

Last edited by Crackle on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:09 pm

The Filly in the wagon cured up, pulling away from Jasmine. as she drew back, Jasmine saw several splinters embedded in her side. Her light brown coat was already stained red around the worst of them, and a small pool of blood was starting to form, smearing along the bottom of the wagon as she edged away. The filly continued to sob, crying out in pain as she moved, and Jasmine could see why. The largest splinter had caught her in the side, right between the ribs. There were several other bits of wood embedded in her, but that was by far the worst. The chunk of wagon was about an inch across and stuck out about 6 inches. How deep it was was anypony's guess, though.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:32 pm

The orange pegasus gasped as she covered her mouth with a hoof. All other noises and creatures faded to the background, to her only these two exhisted in this moment. She slowly approached the filly, her stomach knotted up as she saw the injuries the blast inflicted.

"It'th ok, I'm here to help you. I'm thertain that you're going to be fine little one..." Jasmine withdrew her medium health potion and approached the filly with the bottle in her teeth. She set the container down gentilly and placed a hoof on the filly's head "Jutht drink thith ok? We're going to make you better!"

The agony that this foal was in was too much for Jas to watch. She silently reminded herself that she had to stay calm for the filly though if she could save her. "THOMEPONY HELP ME, THITH FOALTH HURT BAD!" Jasmine waved a hoof toward the others before turning back to help the patient.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Sanctity grimaced and nodded in agreement to Crackle's words. He damn near lost his gun as well, which would have been a complete disaster, seeing as how his prowess with close ranged fighting was, well, non existent. He then looked at the filly, who was mewling pathetically in a corner, blood trickling from her wounds. He looked over at Jasmine, who was doing her damnedest to help the poor thing and felt terrible that he didn't know the slightest thing about medicine beyond "Inject here" and "Drink potion".

He reached out with his magic and held her in place softly with it, trying not to startle her. He figured that he exerting herself any more would only do damage and make it harder for anypony who knew what they were doing to help her.
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Crackle looked over from his looting to see how the rest of the group was doing. He absentmindedly dumpd out the saddlebags of a mangled earth pony, having done this often enough that he barely needed to spare it a thought.

"Hows it coming over there? You guys know what you're doing, right?"
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:46 am

Jasmine attempted to orally administer her health potion to the foal. She steadily tried to pour it into the foals mouth as the young one was held in place by Sanctity's magic. She looked back to Crackle as his voice sounded over the commotion.

"I'm not really that good at medithine... Mithter Diamond Dog, pleathe help me! Thith foalth hurt bad..."

(Uses medium potion on Foal) Medicine 15.
    Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Jackpot Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Jackpot shook his head at Jasmine, his face concealed once more. "It has been decades since I worked on a pony. I had little skill to begin, and it has only faded with time. Plus, her entire caravan was just slaughtered by others of my kind. Do you really think she would welcome the sight of a ghoul? I'm afraid her life rests in your hooves." He looked at the gathered ponies, and then at the griffin who was busy going through the posessions of the recently deceased. He noticed the scratched-out emblem on his armour, and had an idea. "Griffin! Judging by that armour, you were once a Talon, right? That makes you the best trained of us. Come over here and help!"
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:58 am

Taking everything useful he had collected, Crackle flapped his way back over to the group and entered the wagon. He looked down at the filly and sighed, setting his loot to the side.

"Jasmine, hold off in the healing potion for now. We have to get the splinters out first for the best effects. Try and keep her calm. Sanctity, Keep holding her in place. The less wiggling, the less chace of me slipping up. Deus, if you can send some light in here without blowing us up, it would be appreciated. The rest of you, keep an eye out for more ghouls." He sat down beside the filly, looking over hew wound. His medical training was essentialy first aid and field dressing, courtesy of his time as a Talon, and he wasn't sure what all he could do for the filly. It was worth a shot, though...

"Alright, kid, this is going to hurt. I need you to be a big pony for a few minutes, ok? I'm going to have to take this splinter out before we can fix you, so I need you to stay calm, alright? Your safe now, all the ghouls are gone. We're gonna get you out of here." He sighed again. Crackle never was very good with hatchlings of his own race, let alone young ponies. He was well outside his comfort zone here, but was probably the best hope they had.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Jasmine gently placed her hooves on the filly's face as she attempted to make eye contact with her. She tried to soften her voice and keep positive for the sake of the filly.

"You hear that? You're going to be a-ok! Crackle ith really nithe and he'th going to make thure you're ok." Jasmine tried to show the filly her bandaged wing, and looked back to her. "Thhee? They helped me too when I got hurt, now look at me!" It was a lie by omission. Sure Crackle wasn't the one who bandaged her wing, but it was what she needed to hear right now.

"Focuth on me thweety, you're a brave one! My nameth Jathmine, what'th your name?" Jasmine tried to direct the filly's focus on herself so she would reflect less on the pain of removing the splinters. Jas did realize that their chances of calming her were slim. Everypony she knew were dead, and she was surrounded by strange individuals holding her in place pulling giant pieces of wood out of her.
    Collateral Damage
    Collateral Damage
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Collateral Damage Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Collateral Damage had been clearing the rubble the entire time, sweeping every crevice, checking every corner and uncovering every possible hiding spot, all with his gun ready to blast anything's face to bloody chunks. After convincing himself the area was clear, he made his way back to the group, his gun lowered for the first time.

He looked at Crackle, who was about to yank the shard out of the filly. All Collateral could do was shrug. The only one he had ever really cared for medically was himself, then he knew how deep, how critical and how risky it would be.
    This was not the case.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Sanctity nodded grimly and tightened his magical grip on the filly. At least his skill with holding people down with his magic turned out to be useful in a way that beneficial to the pony in question. He looked away from the filly as Jasmine started talking to her, knowing what would likely come next. It wasn't that he was squeamish, far from it, but he really didn't need to see that. Not here, not now and especially whilst he was holding her down. He tensed slightly and swallowed a lump in his throat as he waited for the inevitable.
    Deus Crux
    Deus Crux
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Deus Crux Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Deus stared at the griffon for a moment, then decided she would do as he asked. She had no qualms with the request, and this one hadn't tried to kill or harm her yet, so she would try. She had, in fact, never cast Light in her life. She leveled her horn at the wound and tried to imagine light. Her mind had no concept of the creation, so she tried revelation. The educating of those in the dark, showing the truth. She focused on the truth. The dark, twisted truth that had plagued her and educated her her entire life.

Her horn started to hum, a low, ominous note. Motes of black liquid started to perspire from it, and began trickling along it's length, finally dripping down to the ground. This continued as long as she concentrated on her magic. Her mind simply could not produce the light necessary. After a few moments, she opened her eye again and stopped, "I don't seem to be able to..."

Last edited by Deus Crux on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Magical failure)
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 am

The filly started to calm down thanks to Jasmine. She stopped screaming, and gave a shaky nod to Jasmine and Crackle, and relaxed a bit as Sanctity's magic seized her. She continued to sob, closing her eyes in a fearful wince as Crackle's talon curled around the piece of wood, preparing to pull it out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 am