Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

Slaving Away (Group 1) [Closed] [Finished]

Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Re: Slaving Away (Group 1) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Galactic Dash on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 am

Dash nodded to Lightning. At last it looked like something was getting back on track. He looked over at the slave who had spoken to him, "I know it seems like we're all in a really bad place, but Lightning and I are members of the Stableton Security force. Those slavers... They really took alot out of us. But we're here for you, to get you all to safety and make sure nothing like this ever happens again. It would be a lot better if we could get you all back to Stableton and to safety as quickly as possible." He looked over to see if Bakewell was still around. She was gone. Dash sighed heavily. He did the same when Lightning began to wave over Kestrel and Cuppa. He wasn't so sure that the ponies they had rescued would be particularly comfortable with the one who had killed the stallion, whoever and whatever he had done.

Dash leaned over to Lightning to whisper to him, "You know... No offense, but are you sure the ponies will be able handle Kestrel being around. We'll at least have to convince them that he won't randomly kill them."
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:45 am

“Uh, you know I’m standing right here,” Green said eyes shifting between Dash, Flash and Kira, an odd look on her face.

A beige stallion peered out the doorway behind her. “I’m here, too.”

“Hush,” said Green.

“Yes, ma’am,” said Beige, and went back inside.

Green shook her head, and turned back to the pegasi and griffon. “Whilst I can’t speak for everypony, I don’t think we’d like travelling with a griffon that just shoot ponies for no reason. We’ll get some stuff together and make our own way to safety. All we need to know is where the nearest safe town is.”

Her eyes went wide as Kestrel and Cuppa approached, and she ducked back into the building.
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 am

Cuppa glanced over towards where the green mare hid when she and Kes showed up. "...Dun worry 'bout travellin' wi' Kes. Ah think he's got too much t' think 'bout to consider killin' anypony that doesn't try an' kill 'im first." She bluntly explain before continuing past Flash and Dash. "Ah gonna run on ahead, ah wanna catch up wi' Bake. Need t' apologize fer all o' the trouble ah've caused her."

But her gaze quickly swept back to the ponies hiding in the building, tired and long-past caring much anymore. "And that buck Kes shot? Ah can only assume that he was such a bad husband an' father that even his own wife wanted 'im dead." She then turned and took off in a gallop which began rather sluggishly, heading in the direction of Stableton and hopefully be able to catch up with Bakewell, it would be a lie if Cuppa said she didn't feel sorry over everything that has happened today.
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Lightning simply nodded a little to Cuppa and watched her run off before turning back to the new slaves, "I hate to break it to you. But there isn't any other town closer that is safe. Stableton is the closest town from this location and Dash, Kestrel, the griffon, and myself, can get you back there safely. I am the Sheriff and I will make sure you get in." The pegasus took a glance at Kes before adding, "Kes won't hurt anymore ponies. I had been working with the griffon for quite a few missions now and I can assure you, he won't hurt anypony."

Lightning took a look at Kes which if the griffon looked would translate into, 'Right?' Turning back to the slaves, he would add, "Besides, it is nearly nightfall. You don't want to get caught out here at night. If anything, just come and stay one night at Stableton, get yourself some weapons, then you are free to go wherever you please. Alright?"
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Kestrel didn't even blink as the other ponies scattered away from him, trying to hide. We're they truly so afraid? Stupid question. Of course they were afraid.

Ponies almost always were.

As Lightning looked at him Kestrel gave a nod in return. He wouldn't be attacking any of the slaves anytime soon. Not unless they tried to strike him first, just like Cuppa had said.

He did have a lot to think about after all.

HP: 373
    DT: 30
    AP: 42
    DC: 21
    Botch 7
    Crit: 97
    S:8 P:8 E:7 C:2 I:8 A:7 L:4

Defenses
    Rn: 106
    Cl: 100
    Exp: 69
    Pa: 57

Loadout
    Lightning Talons
    HIT: 43 DAM: 56 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, 5 shock damage for 5 turns.

Vakara
    HC: 43 DAM: 78 AP: 8 CRIT: x2.5 SPEC: -15 DT, -5 AP on crit

Hellsing
    HC: 60 DAM: 85 AP: 16 CAP: 8 CRIT: x3 SPEC: -15 DT

Casull Revolver
    HC: 60 DAM: 53 AP: 13 CRIT: x2.5 CAP: 5

Perks/Traits
    Luna Sight: +5 to hit when dark/night.
    Ghost: x2 Sneak bonus at night.
    Stonewall: Can't be knocked down in combat.
    Luna Blessed: +2 INT/PER when dark/night
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Dash felt his temper flare up again and he was about to go off on a rant about how he was trying to be nice and was doing his very, very, very best. Either that, or throw a hissy fit and fly away. But then, Lightning spoke up, preventing Dash from further alienating himself. Dash used the time Lightning was talking to take more deep breaths, calming himself. He nodded when Lightning was done, "All we can probably hope for, now, is that we can get you all to safety." Dash said, "So I promise you... I promise Celestia and Luna, that we'll all do our best to keep you all safe."
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am

The green mare reappeared from the doorway as Cuppa spoke to her. She was about to say something, but she looked at the griffon beside her, and stopped.

"...Dun worry 'bout travellin' wi' Kes. Ah think he's got too much t' think 'bout to consider killin' anypony that doesn't try an' kill 'im first."

The beige pony’s head poked out the door again, and he gave Cuppa an unamused glare. “Yes, I’m sure he’ll be very busy thinking about how his dark and troubled past forced him to murder our caravan guard.”

The green pony looked around at him. “Quiet! He’s right there, you know!”

“What?” His eyes moved to the griffon, and he swallowed a halted breath. Then, his eyes hardened. “No, you know what? I don’t care! If he shoots me, it’ll just prove my point!”

"And that buck Kes shot? Ah can only assume that he was such a bad husband an' father that even his own wife wanted 'im dead."

“You assume? So if somepony with a grudge told you I was a raider, he’d shoot me too? Good system.”

“Sand Bank!”

"Kes won't hurt anymore ponies. I had been working with the griffon for quite a few missions now and I can assure you, he won't hurt anypony."

“I saw him shoot Ink Blot with my own two eyes, Sheriff, so you’ll have to excuse me if I don’t take your word for it.”

"All we can probably hope for, now, is that we can get you all to safety. So I promise you... I promise Celestia and Luna, that we'll all do our best to keep you all safe."

“And you’ve been doing a bang up job of just the opposite so far.”

Cuppa started to run out of the gate in the direction that Bakewell had run in but soon slowed. Bakewell had a huge head-start, seeing as the beige mare had left whilst Cuppa went to remove bullets from Kestrel and was generally fit and was a robust earth pony.

(So, good reaction rolls all around, here :/)
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Cuppa had started running, but she'd only just overheard Sand Bank's own outburst at everyone from the group. This somepony was so fucking oblivious to what had happened that he thought he had any right to criticize anypony else, it was very fucking annoying.

So she stopped, she was worried that doing this would cause Bake to get further away and jeopardize her friendship with the beige mare, but this buck needed to know what was what.

With a slow turn, Cuppa focused her gaze on the buck and walked back through the gate. "Yer name's Sand Bank, right?" She began, not even waiting for confirmation before she continued. "Lemme set the story straight fer ya, cause right now, ah'm puttin' the relationship wi' one o' muh only friends in the wastes at risk t' educate ya in what ya've missed today, would ya kindly come over here an' allow me t' do that?" She asked, pointing a hoof at the spot right in front of her.

"First off, ya'll were enslaved by an abomination o' nature that didn't even want ya'll as slaves, she wanted ya more as cattle, mindless thralls that would sit down, eat and be the most complacent lil' things in the wasteland so she could feed offa the love ya'll felt fer her.. An' don't even gimmie the "I dun remember bein' enslaved." line, please, we saw ya'll in that cage over there, an' Kira unlocked yer collars.

"Second, we busted in here, havin' been asked by Spur Legs t' save yer sorry flanks from whatever happened t' have stopped ya'll from gettin' home.

"Third, to mah knowledge, Ink Blot's own wife wanted 'im dead, when yer spouse wants ya six feet under, ya know ya've fucked up. An' yes, Kestrel killed 'im. An' Kes fucked up in doin' so. Ah can only hope that our esteemed sheriff will punish Kes severely fer killing 'im." Cuppa said before glaring over at Flash, more or less hoping the message got across that her saying she hoped meant he really, really should if he wanted to maintain face in front of these ponies.

"Lastly, Sand Bank." Cuppa's glare swept back to the beige buck. "Ya'll need t' learn when t' shut yer mouth, b'fore ya insult somepony more violent than ah am, cause ah've half a mind t' smack ya fer bein' so damn disrespectful towards a group who have put up wi' so much shit t'day, what we're all tired and really don't need any whiny cunts like you tellin' us how badly we fucked up. Cause we know we fucked up. Ah most definitely fucked up a lot t'day."

If Sand Bank had moved over to Cuppa, she'd step right up to him and raise her voice as loud as her worn throat could manage.

"BUT WHO THE HELL D' YA THINK Y'ARE, TELLIN' US THIS SHIT, WHEN AH'M BETTIN' YA COULDN'T DO ANY FUCKIN' BETTER THAN WE DID? GIVEN WHAT WE'VE HAD T' DEAL WITH, AH BET YA'D BE FUCKIN' DEAD AT THEM GATES WI' ALL THE SLAVERS DANCIN' A LIL' FUCKIN' JIG OVER YER CORPSE.

"SO SHUT YER FUCKIN' TRAP AN' THINK TWICE B'FORE YA START TALKIN' SHIT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO JUS' SAVED YER FUCKIN' LIFE, YA UNGRATEFUL WRETCH!" She would all but roar in his face, keeping her eyes locked onto his as she bristled with anger.

"Ah hope ya feel good 'bout yerself, bein' a big, brave colt an' takin' the piss outta ponies jus' tryin' t' help ya. Cause ah most certainly don't." She added, her voice lowering to normal levels as she promptly headed for the gate again. "This time, ah'm gone, ah dun' give a fuck if ya have more shit t' say t' me, Sand Bank. Ah need t' catch up wi' muh friend."

This time Cuppa would leave and keep running to catch Bake, she wouldn't stop for anything this time, no matter the situation of Bake being a physically fit mare, she would end up having to walk some time, so Cuppa was determined to catch up, even if the physical exertion made her pass out upon reaching her friend.

(Bitching at Sand Bank, then running off to catch Bake fo realz this time :| )
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Throughout Sand Bag's and Cuppa's Rant off, Kestrel had stood there silent and statuesque. He'd let his mind wander off to that lovely grey area known as deep thought. He'd heard the words of both parties and even Cuppa's order to Flash.

His thoughts momentarily wandered over to think about that detail. Just what could Flash do to him? Kick him out of town? He already kept a fair distance from them, and any threat against his father would end in blood and death at this point in time.

Imprison him perhaps? No, not yet at least. Kestrel wanted, NEEDED, to get too and see his father. Discuss things...think this deal with Cuppa over first. Not to mention there were not many places in this little shanty town that could hold the griffon back for more than a few minutes.

Then there's the fact that Dash looked terrified of him, and Flash respected his scarred up flesh to much to actually go and try and arrest him. Add to that that if they did try before Kestrel saw his father...

Maybe Bakewell was right. Even now, when he had the options for peace, he was thinking of violence. Pushing the thoughts away, Kestrel went back to contemplating the offer Cuppa had made. He would deal with his punishments later, when they were to be applied.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Dash listened to the stupid, ignorant pony infront of him just simply brush off a swear he made to Goddesses. Dash's faith was something that he kept to himself for the most part. But nopony, NOPONY would just brush him off like that when he said something like that! It struck right to his heart, to one of the few things Dash felt like he could still believe in. He prepared himself to absolutely go off at this pony. But once again, he was beaten to the punch. For the better, or worse, that was up for the mind of interpretation.

Dash had to mentally applaud Cuppa for setting the record straight for them. Whether or not they understood that would probably determine whether or not they were smart enough to live or not. After Cuppa was done and had run off once again, he wanted to say something along the lines of, 'Last fucking offer.' But he instead said something a bit calmer. Perhaps Cuppa had somehow taken some of his pent up rage for that litany, "Look, my name is Deputy Galactic Dash, just let Lightning and I handle the griffon... Lightning and I, at least, trying to be nice right now."
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:59 am

Lightning watched as Cuppa whirled back to yell very loudly at the slaves causing a sigh to escape his lips. To be quite honest, he was getting irritated at this as well. But what could he do? Cuppa already went off but in her rant, left one part which was going to force his hoof dramatically. 'Luna damnnit...' he thought.

The pegasus took a look at Kestrel as a frown came across his face. Damn it...he thought again. He knew Cuppa was right. And he had the law to uphold. But why in the damned wasteland did it have to be Kestrel of all griffons? His own Mentor and one of his Deputies. In the book, he knew what he had to do. Jail time plus a loss of his title. Then maybe even a ban of weaponry in the town. But why? How did this mission go so wrong? Now the only question remains...would Kestrel come quietly or will he fight back...? He will only find out when it happens.

Turning back to Sand Bank, Lightning stepped forward and removed his hat, "Listen, Mr. Bank. Night is nearly upon us and traveling without weapons at night in the wasteland is not the best idea, especially the fact that the nearest town is miles away and Stableton is right there. If you pass up this offer, I can't promise you will survive your travel. As for the griffon, Deputy Dash is right. Let us deal with him...He will face his actions but only once we return to the town..." The stallion could say he honestly hated saying that last sentence but he didn't have a choice...hopefully, Kes wouldn't get angry and shoot him in the back of the head.
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:24 am

Kestrel looked up slowly as Dash and Flash laid things on the line. Well...that was how it was to be then? Certainly interesting seeing the both of them actually grow some backbone.

"I'll pay for my sins when the time comes. I always do." Kes growled, tone serious and final. This waiting around was getting them nowhere, and like the other two ponies had said night was falling soon.

"For now we move."

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Dash sighed heavily and nodded to Lightning. He then had an idea that would make the trip bearable for everypony. At least, he hoped, "This is probably as good as it's going to get." Dash began, "First Lightning, then Kestrel, then me, then you all." he explained, "If worse comes to worse, you have me infront of you. I'll also offer this Battle Rifle for your best markspony to use until we reach Stableton. Does that sound like a good offer?"
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:24 am

Sand Bank hesitated before coming over to Cuppa, recalling that the mare had pointed a revolver at the dead buck on the ground only a few moments earlier, but he steeled his resolve and trotted over to stand before her.

To his credit, he only flinched slightly when Cuppa screamed at him, shifting his head away slightly and folding his ears against his head.

“Okay, there’s our best markspony over there.” He pointed to the messily demised form of the blue pony with a large hole in his head. “Just leave it next to him; I’m sure he’ll sort it out himself.”

The green mare gave him a sour look and pushed him aside. She looked apologetically at Dash. “Give me the rifle, thank you. I’ll see about giving it to our next best.” She extended a hoof. “Name’s Grape Vine. You have my thanks for helping us, as well as those of the rest of us, I’m sure.” She shot Sand Bank another harsh stare. “Even if they don’t show it.”

“Fine,” Sand Bank grumbled. “But I expect you to do something about that griffon, Sheriff.” He turned to the still hiding ponies. “Okay, everypony, let’s roll!”

(It’s up to Bakewell if you catch her, Cuppa. I can’t tell for sure how much or long she’s going to be running for.)
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Lightning sighed mentally as if there was one that he hated, it was his hoof being forced. And right now, it was being forced to arrest Kestrel. Which he dreaded so much right now. He frowned a little at the sarcasm which Sand Bank continued to put out at them and was literally ready to just turn around and walk away himself. Thankkfully though, the green mare, who was named Grape Vine, was a lot nicer. Putting his hat back on and extending his own hoof, he gave the mare a quick shake, "Anything we can do to help, Ms. Vine. It's been a long day for all of us."

To Sank Bank, Lightning only gave him a unamused look and said flatly, "I will deal with it. Now let's move." He gave a quick look at Dash and Kes who he simply gave a nod to before starting to walk off back to Stableton, the pegasus wanting to put this damned day behind them.
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Kestrel began walking just after being given the nod. He followed Dash's presented pattern, and kept his beak shut for the time being. It was going to be a long walk back to Stableton...at least this Grape Vine pony had the common courtesy to keep her sarcasm to herself.

As they moved Kestrel kept no weapons out, leaving all of them holstered and sheathed, his only offering of defense being his sharp senses. He'd call out anything he saw, and pull out a weapon only if necessary.

Till then he wouldn't be saying much of anything until he got back, got paid, and went to see his father.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:41 am

The group, now with the addition of the freed slaves, made their way back to Stableton. The journey went by with little interruption. They arrived back in Stableton late evening, just as most of the townsponies were headed for homes and beds. There was still a light on in Old Spur Legs’ shop, casting an eerie glow across the group as they stepped up to the door and knocked.

“Who’s there?” a grumpy voice called out. After a moment, the door opened, revealing the wrinkled old head of Old Spur Legs. “We’re closed! Oh, you’re the lot what went after the slavers” He looked over the mass of slaves. “And with hangers-on, I see. Come on in; should be room for all ya. But make it quick.” He turned and went back behind his counter, leaving the door open behind him. “And no funny business.”
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 am

Trouble had ignored them all as they'd walked, and the entire time Kestrel hadn't so much as grunted. Just like all those years in Filly, he kept his beak shut, and his head on a swivel.

As the old buck waved them in Kestrel moved forward, and took a place next to the counter. He didn't say anything as the slaves, and the rest of the 'team' wandered in.

Well, time to get paid.

"Jobs done. Slavers are dead, and the missing caravaners are free." Kestrel said suddenly, reaching back and pulling out the small sack of ears he'd collected and tossing it up on the counter. The sound they made was strange as they landed.

"There's your proof."

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:57 am

Once the group had congregated inside, making Spur Legs’ shop a little cramped, he grunted irritably. He sneered down at the pile of ears on his counter, and swept them into a wastebasket. “Right, I’m going to assume that the problem is sorted, seeing as you’ve brought some o’ these folks back here.”

He turned and walked to the end of the counter, where a safe had been installed. He unlocked it, briefly rummaged around inside, and then closed it again, setting a hefty brown bag down on the counter with a soft, metallic rumble.

“Caps, as promised.” He looked past Kestrel at a few of the freed slaves behind him. “You lot stay here a minute,” he rumbled with a frown. “Me an’ the Merchant’s Alliance wanna talk to you lot about yer choice of trade routes.”

“Now, that’s sorted,” he said, looking back at the mercs, “so if’n yer not buyin’ or sellin’ anything, scat!”

––––––––––––––

When the group stepped outside to work out the division of the caps, they found a mysterious leather satchel propped up against a post, with a slightly discoloured letter sitting on top. The letter was short, and written in slightly wonky cursive:

Thank you for not bringing him back. I understand that gratitude only goes so far in the wasteland, so I have provided something more in the satchel.

A relieved citizen.

Upon investigation, the satchel had a few large gems of varying colour, quality and size, perhaps totalling 1000 caps in value.
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 am

Cuppa had returned without a Bakewell by her side, having failed to catch up to the mare, mostly due to her lack of endurance when sprinting. Having not wanted to associate herself with the pony who'd asked them to go, Cuppa waited around the town for the return of the rest of the group.

Upon hearing their arrival, which entailed them going into the store for a few minutes and then coming back out, Cuppa would turn a corner to see them walking out, she paid no mind to the bag on the ground, whatever it was, instead she paid her attention to the others. "How'd it go in there?" The mare quietly asked, awaiting a response from any of them.
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Lightning simply stood quietly as Kestrel got their caps for them and then they went outside. Before he did step out though, he would say to them, "When you're done, please meet me outside. I would like to speak to you as well."

It was nearly time to arrest the griffon. A strange satchel soon caught his attention though and he quickly picked up the note, reading it to himself. The pegasus frowned at this and took a look inside the satchel, noticing the gems that were inside it. "Some gems here..." he murmured to the others, turning back to look at them. Cuppa Beans came up to them and asked them a question, just shaking his head, "Well enough, I suppose."
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Dash remained outside with the others when Lightning and Kestrel went in to speak to Spur Legs. Retreiving his Battle Rifle from the caravaners as quickly as he could, to not let off the pressure. Dash doubted he'd be able to handle the buck's ungrateful quips without appearing unprofessional. He had his Marksmare Carbine drawn but not at a readied position, his mouth not on the trigger. That wasn't to say that he couldn't be ready to fire within a moment. There were going to be no more murders tonight.
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Cuppa curiously looked at the satchel after Flash stopped looking inside, she didn't hear what he'd said about it, but his answer to her question reached her ears.

"Fair nuff. What's in the bag?" Whilst asking the question, Cuppa was picking the bag up with her magic to take a look inside, as well as looking at the letter at the same time. This was from the pony who wanted... Ink Blot, if Cuppa remembered rightly, dead. Well, she knew where this bag had to go.

A glance inside the bag told her that the reward inside was a small fortune of gems, where-in she slipped the satchel on around her neck. "Ah'm gon' take this t' Bake. Let 'er know somepony appreciates the work done. Don't need any o' the caps tha 'trader was payin' us."

Really, only Bake deserved these gems, perhaps Cuppa did too at a stretch, but she figured Bake had to put up with more, especially considering how she had left everyone after that display at the slaver camp. Bake had been treated worse than anypony else back there.

So she really deserved to know about this little glimmer of gratitude from somepony who doesn't even know the mare.

Whether or not there were objections, Cuppa would start moving off, heading towards Bake's home. Satchel around her neck.

(Taking the gems after reading the note and walking away, maybe stopping if Kes has an answer to the offer earlier.)
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 am

Kestrel took his caps without comment and began to move just after that. He'd have moved on but Flash stopped him to tell him he wanted to speak with him.

This was going to be interesting.

Tucking the caps he'd earned away Kestrel obeyed the will of the little pegasus and waited outside. He glanced over at Dash, the old habit of 'assess and plan' kicked it. With how the pegasus was holding the weapon Kestrel would have been able to at least get within melee range before he was able to fire. After that the battle would be short, brutal, and bloody.

But Kes had killed enough today. He only wanted to move on and finish this day. He wanted to sleep...he wanted to see his father.

Speaking of his father, Kestrel had thought long and hard about Cuppa's offer. locating the mare Kestrel noticed she was on her way out; off to give Bakewell whatever was in that satchel.

"Cuppa." Kestrel grunted out, waiting for the mare to turn or at least show she'd heard him. "Three days. Rusty Cowbell. Room 3." After that Kestrel went silent, his attention turned directly on Flash and Dash once more.

Botch 7

Defenses

Loadout
    Lightning Talons

Vakara

Hellsing

Casull Revolver

Perks/Traits
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Lightning watched as Cuppa decided to take the gems and go give Bakewell's caps to her whenever she found her. That was fine for the pegasus. He felt a nagging urge to go find out who left this note but he let the feeling pass. He had enough work to deal with already. Kestrel called out to Cuppa and gave her the room to his father which he easily could pick out. After all, he was paying for the griffon's room.

Taking in a deep breath, Lightning soon turned to face Kestrel. "Kes, I don't know what happened today. And I don't know why. But I do know that you did kill a Stableton civilian. And because of that...I'm going to have to strip you of your title and arrest you. However, I don't want this to evolve into bloodshed..." Not that the blue stallion could face against Kes anyways... "Would you come along quietly?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:51 pm