Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Marcus on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Marcus jumped slightly as Sanctity made his way next to him and started speaking. He is good at sneaking up on me, Marcus thought. He quickly shook it off and smiled at the small Unicorn. "Belief is a powerful thing, my friend. Use it well and it will carry you far." He looked over to Diesel, holding his smile. "It has been a while, Mister Diesel. I pray we are able to work as a group, this time."

That was when he noticed more of the group coming out and introducing themselves. He waited for them to finish before giving a bow to them in greeting.

"Greetings, fellow mashujaa (warriors). I am honored to be meeting each of you." He then straightend up and gave a broad smile to the group. "You may call me Marcus." As he raised his iron covered hooves to demonstrate his weapons of choice, he said, "I favor the closer side of combat, myself. Other weapons seem to not work when I use them."
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:10 pm

He nodded at Marcus' words, recognising the truth in what he said. He didn't believe in anything in particular, but he knew what he and others could do when pressed, and that was more comforting to him than anything else.

He looked around the group as everyone gave their names and general professions, which he committed to memory as best he could. Sanura was, as he had thought, a medic. Xeshir was a hoof to hoof fighter with experience in guns. Marcus was a hoof to hoof kinda guy too, which he had known before hand, but it never hurt to be sure.

"I'm Sanctity. I, uh, am good at trackin' and sneakin'. Handy with gun too." He said when everyone turned to look at him.
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Ale was in the middle of checking his gear when the talking stick seemed to make it's way over to the unicorn, everypony else had spoken their names and professions and now it was his turn. He glanced over to the others, "Ginger ale, sharpshooter." He said simply before returning to his inventory check. He was all for meeting new ponies but right now they were burning daylight, ale would take the time to get to know his companions on the hike. Ale started to trot off, "When ya'll are done with you little pow-wow, meet me at the gate."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Sanura cringed and retreated just a single step when Viktor decided that he was going to pull out that machete in such small places and start whirling it about, her eyes squinted and her head ducked like he might hit her with the thing until he stopped, "O-oh that's nice!" she laughed nervously and took one more step back, just in case he decided to do it again. She had been standing almost right next to him after all, "Just... make sure you're not pointing toward me when you get to showin' off." she teased lightly and dipped her head to Xeshir, speaking up in case she hadn't hear before, "I'm Sanura, just fix people and hopefully ponies decide not to shoot at me too." she could be quite convincing if she had to...

And then Ale started off toward the gate, "Welp, guess we better get moving." she said before trotting after him.
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Xeshir nodded each time one of the ponies, zebras or diamond dogs presented themselves. She wished they had someone skilled in repairing equipment or be able to pick a lock, but at least they had a medic. "So you´re a doctor?" She said as she trotted after Sanura. "Good to see one on this team...And especially someone as cute as you." She added with a sly grin.
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Sanctity trotted alongside Ginger Ale, keeping a respectful distance between them as they moved towards the town. "Don't worry Sanura. We'll try to make sure we catch the bullets, not you" He said, trying to sound jovial.

He pulled out one of the spare magazines for his pistol and started to carefully fill it with more rounds as they walked, the methodical clicking punctuating the steady sound of hoofsteps as the group moved. He probably should've done this earlier, but he'd forgotten to refill them since his last trip out and neglecting to do them might mean recharging a magazine in the middle of combat, which would not end well.

He slipped slightly as Xeshir flirted with Sanura slyly, the rim of the bullet crunching slightly as he inserted it a little off center. He sighed and pulled the round free before re-inserting it and silently hoping that this wouldn't be the backdrop to their journey. He always felt so out of place when stuff like this happened, especially between mares. Not that he had anything against it, he just didn't now what in the hell he was supposed to do when ponies were doing that sort of thing.

Last edited by Sanctity on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Sanura perked her ears and looked over toward Xeshir as the zebra spoke, "Yep!" she said with a grin in response to the first bit before her cheeks tinged a little red, "O-oh!" she laughed nervously, dipping her head again, "Err... thanks?" she said with another sheepish grins, trying to recover with a brief little ramble, "I think it helps ponies recover to see something cute while they're hurt." she nodded firmly, it was medical -fact-. She was positive of it, or perhaps made it up on the spot. More than a tad awkward though.
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Xeshir continued smiling slily at Sanura. Her stammering and blushing made her even more cute. "I bet, the power of your looks could heal any wound...Or the sight of your flanks." She added as she whipped Sanuras flank with her tail, laughing.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Sanura almost tripped! "Hurk!" barely catching herself before she resumed her normal pace like nothing happened, that flush in her face spreading out further as she stuttered out her response. "I-I uh... Well - I don't -" she struggled! That had to be probably one of the more blatant things said to her since she'd gotten out on her own! "Well I think I'd have to a-at least do something else!" she nodded, "It just helps... doesn't do it all." satisfied that this was the best way to word her response.
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Xeshir giggled at Sanuras spreading blush and stammering. The unicorn looked really, really cute now. "Oh I bet it does." She said, nodding with her head. "So if I get shot, do I get to see it up close? Or will it take more swooning and alcohol?" Her tone was suggestive. VERY suggestive.
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Marcus made his way after the group, smiling the whole time. Here they were, about to do a good deed, not just for the town, but for the captured caravaners and traders as well! This group also seemed to be a lot friendlier to its members than the last, a fact that pleased him greatly! There was definitely more small talk going on between the mares of the group.

Marcus gave out a small laugh and darted ahead to catch up to Ginger and Sanctity, and then pass them before he stopped at the gate. Turning around, he stood up on his hind legs and addressed the group.

"Come now! Time is valuable, fellow mashujaa (warriors)! We have slavers that need be dealt with and slaves that need to be freed!"

He then turned around and thrust one hoof into the sky, saying, "For Stableton, free will, and gumdrop candies!"
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Ginger ale rolled his eyes at the over enthusiasm of the zebra male. He looked over to sanctity, who seemed to be the one most acquainted with the buck and asked, "Is he going to be like this the whole time?" Ale was happy to have somepony...zebra who was ready to help but that attitude got in his nerves right quick.
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Congregating outside of Old Spur’s Shop and having introduced yourselves to one another, you set off in the direction that Old Spur Legs vaguely described. After some twists and turns through Stableton’s haphazard streets, you soon found yourselves heading north, having joined the main road that leads out of Stableton.

Standing in front of the ramshackle gate, Marcus having just given his enthusiastic speech, a voice called out to the group from a nearby nook near the wall.

A young, navy-coated unicorn mare with a silver, strawberry-streaked mane quickly trotted over towards the group, seeming to take particular care to keep some distance from Diesel. In a hushed tone, after scanning her eyes left and right, she spoke, “You’re heading north, to the slaver camp, right? I heard you talking through the wall in that stupid old buck’s shop.” She levitated a small, creased piece of paper and pushed it against Xeshir’s chest. “My brother is there. Can you try and bring him back?” She made a pained face. “I... I think he’s working for them, but he’s young and stupid, and never weighed up what his actions would mean. Please, please, please don’t kill him!”

Looking at the picture would reveal a smug looking custard-coloured buck, who had perhaps only just reached adulthood.

“Please! I’ll give you everything I have!” she pleaded, tears forming in the corner of her eyes.
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Marcus dropped to all fours and turned when a young mare ran over to the group, pleading to bring her brother back from the slaver camp. He opened his mouth to explain they would be helping the slaves as best they could. When she said that her brother might've been working for the Slavers though, Marcus was instantly angry. He snorted and turned away from her.

"He has made his bed in being a Slaver, one who would wish misery on others for their own gains. In my tribe, such an offense is unforgivable." He sighed, shook his head, and turned back to her. "Pray that he can be swayed to give up his ways."
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:17 am

As they walked Diesel looked around them, he hadn't been around this part if the town too much. Upon reaching the gate he heard a mare shouting at them, turning to face her he listened as she begged the group to save her brother who had chosen to be a slaver. After that he was just about to speak up when Marcus went off in a huff over him being a slaver. Frowning at the way Marcus talked he turned to the mare and smiled gently, "I promise to see if I can't persuade him to re-think his ways, I used to be like him in many ways and I'm sure that intimidation would work from a giant diamond dog too." Diesel couldn't help but feel pain for her as he remembered his past growing up on questionable methods. Stealing from stores and trying his best just to live. Shuddering from the memories he glared down at Marcus, daring him to try and defy what he said.
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 am

He turned to Ginger as he asked him about Marcus' perpetually cheerful attitude.

"Yeah, he's pretty much like this all the time. He's surprisingly competent when he needs to be though" He said calmly, before gesturing with his head towards the unicorn and zebra "Are they always like this?"

Before he could get his reply, he was startled by the appearance of a navy coated unicorn mare, who begged them not to kill someone she knew there. Sanctity empathized with the buck. If what the mare said was true, then he knew almost exactly what he was feeling.

He wrapped his magic around the picture before looking at the unicorn.

"May I?" He asked, his voice dissonantly calm compared to how much emotion was flowing through him.

Then, almost on cue, he heard bickering beside him. Marcus had said something about it being unforgivable and Diesel had defended him. He turned to the pair momentarily.

"Shut the fuck up. Both of you." He said, trying to put as much power into he could. "We decide as a group, so kindly stop trying to pick fights and pay attention!"
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:26 am

Marcus took a step back as the normally quiet unicorn shouted and swore at him. This was unusual behavior from Marcus' point of view and it unnerved him greatly.

With his ears flattened back, he bowed his head and said, "Forgive me, my friend. My intention was to express my opinion on the matter, nothing more. The group will always have the final say."

With that said, Marcus stepped back and waited for the rest of the group to finish up and make their decisions.
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 am

Xeshir was a bit startled by the mare shoving a piece of paper into her chest. She bit the paper and looked at the picture, her first thought upon seening it was, unsurprisingly, Hello handsome She left it in the middle of the group for all to see. Her attention was momentarily taken away by a small argument that broke out that was mercifully cut short. They indeed needed to decided as a group.

What to do, what to do...

"I´d need to see how he feels about what he has been doing." She said, her tone more serious than her previous one the suggestiveness. "If he feels truly sorry, then I can forgive him and let him live. We got a problem though, the flyer said we wouldn´t get paid unless we killed EVERY slaver..."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:48 am

As though the sisters had looked down upon her plight and saw fit to aid the poor unicorn, Sanura, somepony ha rushed over to rather suddenly interrupt the conversation that still had her trying to suppress that furious blushing, the comment from Sanctity didn't help either but that was okay! Because now, they could talk or argue about something else. She stepped up after Xeshir had spoken though, since that seemed the worst point to make there at the last moment.

"They don't even know for sure how many slavers there are... I'm sure letting one go assuming he's not trying to carve new holes in us the whole time is probably okay. Why don't we just try and talk to him when we get the chance? I'm sure there's more than one way we can get in close enough to at least do that before everything goes to bad places." she looked between the party, "We have to at least give him the chance to save himself, we don't know why he's a slaver, maybe it's kind of a last resort thing for him...?" she smile, satisfied with that thought.
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 am

Diesel couldn't help but laugh a little when he saw the quite unicorn yell at him. It was good to see him starting to stand up for something at least. After Xeshir brought up the point that they wont get payed unless they kill all of the slavers, Diesel came up with a fun thought. "But Xeshir all the Slavers WILL be dead, if he isn't a Slaver anymore that is." Looking down at the ponies he had an almost sense of pride at the group as they all showed promise of standing on their own.
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 am

Xeshir nodded at Viktors and Sanuras words. "Good point, but I think that the slaves will notice. Especially if he captured some of them. I bet they themselves will want to see make sure every slaver is death after they are free, especially if someone was captured by him. And if on of them tells the shopkeeper when they come to Stableton..." She bit her lower lip, there didn't seem to be an easy way to please both sides.
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 am

Thinking for a minute Diesel turned to face Xeshir, "Well if they come to town and tell him he wasn't killed, we would have collected our reward already and what would he do about it, try to take it back? If he did capture some of them then some one can hit him upside the head to knock him unconscious until we can get him to a safe spot to keep low until the slaves are all freed and gone. Does that sound good to everyone else?" Looking around the group he pondered what they were all thinking on the matter.
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 am

He looked at Xeshir thoughtfully for a moment, his mind churning as he tried to figure some way around this. They couldn't just kill him. They just... couldn't. Not when there were ponies who cared about him. It just wouldn't be right.

"He can live somewhere else. He can lie. How he deals with it afterwards is not our problem, but I want to atleast try and save him." He said quickly, stepping the tone of his voice down back to it's normal quiet level, trying to make himself seem small and harmless to the other ponies. "Doesn't everypony deserve a second chance?"
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 am

Marcus simply sat and stared at the group as they began voicing their opinions. They each seemed to care for saving this one Slaver's life, something that confused Marcus to no end. Why save the life of one who would thrive off the misery of others? Marcus held no positive thoughts toward this stallion, but he was one voice among a group that obviously thought opposite of him. He took a deep breath before speaking his thoughts.

"I make no promises, for now. His actions and decisions when we meet him will determine my final thought on the matter."

He looked at the young mare and said, "Keep your brother in your prayers. I am sure he will need them."
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Ale leaned against the side of the town gate as the group debated on the fate of the mare's brother. Both the zebra's did seem to have good points, the mare pointed out that sparing the brother could compromise their pay and the male seemed to be the only one with the guts to tell it like it is. Finally ale spoke up, "Your brother made a choice, I'm sorry he made the wrong one, but if he's a slaver then he deserves the same fate as the rest of them." He looked at the rest of his group, "You all are making plans on how to get this guy out alive but you all seem to be forgetting that for that to work he needs to be worth saving for that to happen. If he is beyond redemption then I will not hesitate to put a bullet in his head." Ale said very bluntly. "Now c'mon, we need to get moving." He turned and started to walk out of the town.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:03 am