Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+5
Sanctity
Ginger Ale
Marcus
Viktor Diesel
World Warden
9 posters

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 13 Empty Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Xeshir Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Xeshir looked to Sanctity and nodded. "You´ll have a part, but I first need to see the compound for myself and have the last of my questions answered. Then I´ll tell everybody the plan, does that sound good to you all?" She asked. She could tell the plan right now, but until she could see the place with her own eyes it would only remain the main body of the plan which could easily change.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 13 Empty Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Ginger Ale Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Ale was caught off guard by viktor's condition. "OI vik, do you have a problem with me? Cuz it's starting to sound like you think think i'm one of those glory seeking ponies, news flash i'm not. As long as we get the job done and get paid I could care less who takes the credit." Ale turned to xeshir, "At least we seem to be thinking along the same lines, I was going to suggest we use the dogs to get at the slaves. But now that I think about it that might not work." Ale glanced back towards mek. "If slaver boy was taking him in then that means they might have dog proof cages, either that or they just fit him with a collar. Whatever the case we do need to see the compound before finalizing your plan."
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:14 pm

He nodded at Ginger and Xeshir. It was probably best they got the scope of the situation before drawing any major plans out, especially with the situation being rather delicate. Besides, if they hurried, they could have a little bit of time to play with before the element of surprise waned.

He then remembered that he was supposed to be scouting for the group and adjusted his pace to sidle up to Sanura. "Hey, Sanu, did you get the location of the slaver camp?" he asked cautiously. As long as they weren't planning on following any special routes, he could just move ahead and make sure they weren't ambushed.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:03 am

Hopscotch looked at Xeshir. “ I’ll explain the layout more clearly when we get there. It might help to see the scale of the building; I ain’t great at drawing.”

“I don’t mean to disappoint you, dog,” Hopscotch said, looking in Viktor’s direction, “but you shouldn’t expect much opportunity to do some digging.”

The group finished packing and set off. As they travelled, engaging in conversation, the day brightened into mid-morning. With Sanctity scouting ahead, the trip was a fairly easy walk and went by without issue; only softly undulating hills seemed to serve as an obstacle.

About an hour before lunch, Hopscotch pointed towards a nearby rise and led the group up it. When they reached the top he gestured for them to all be quiet and crouched down. As they shuffled to the top of the rise, they saw what Hopscotch was showing them.

A solid rectangular building rose from the horizon before them, two storeys in height, perhaps 60 metres broad and 30 metres deep. Between its stark, utilitarian design and the faded symbol of the Equestrian army over the front door, it was a good bet that this was once some kind of military outpost.

“There it is,” Hopscotch whispered loudly, and pointed. “There’s the door in.” There were two guards standing to either side of the double doors. He retreated back over the hill a few paces, knelt down and picked up a stick in his mouth. “Okay, so here’s the layout.”

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 13 Gaslaverbuilding

“Slave pens are on the north side,” he said with a tap of the stick, “and the guards’ barracks is on the south. You got barracks, mess area, that kind of thing there. There’s some stairs at the back of the main room, lead up to where Grace usually is. Never been up there myself, so I can’t tell you what’s up there.”

He spat the stick onto the ground. “Okay, what’s the plan?”
    Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 am

Diesel smirked as he saw the lay out of the building. Turning to face Ginger and Xeshir, he spoke to Ginger first. "Still think you can take him out from a distance with that gun of yours?" As he turned to Xeshir he smiled again, "So whats the new plan now that we can't dig the slaves free? Me and Mek could dig up to the guards and kill them quietly, would save you ammo and us from making too much noise. Sound fair?"
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:31 am

Mad Mek stared at Hopscotch after he had drawn the building. This changed things. He noticed that there was not an armory pointed out, and this struck him as odd. Did all the guards carry their weapons? Or was the armory on the second floor? He took the stick and pointed it towards the empty bit in the middle. "Oy, where do they keep da guns?" He gruffly asked as he drew a big question mark on the middle space. It was obvious that digging the slaves out of their cages was not an option. "Goin' in all sneaky like isn' an option, Vikta." He remarked as he pointed to his pneumatic leg. "If anyfing, ah could tear the doors off da cages. It'z a pre-flash buildin', so anything attached to da walls, or da walls themselves might be daintier dan a filly."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 am

Sanura would have pointed out the direction that Sanctity was supposed to scout in before they arrived. In any case, on arrival she'd look down at the layout and then look about to the other members of the party who seemed to be engaged in trying to figure out what to do. She'd plop down on her tail-end and rub her head with her hoof.

"Sneaky is plenty available... Hopscotch is still a little scuffed up, we still have Mek." she said and looked to the two, "Maybe you two could play the prisoner game again? Bring Mek in, get them to open the doors, then take out the guards in melee before they can get loud possibly? Have Viktor digging beneath in short range of you two so he can get in on the surprise too without the ominous sound of underground hydraulics and what not, hmm? Then we have a quiet entrance, and possibly a chance to get Hopscotch and Mek in without a problem and we can follow behind? Then Ginger can provide cover if something goes wrong without the entire party being in the way of something bad that might happen. Less chance of high loss right off the bat? And Hopscotch could play... what really happened to Marigold off to be convincing if... that's okay."

She then turned to Xeshir and Sanctity, "You two with your rifles could help cover too, just in case anypony appears on the roof and starts shooting down at the front line group, you'll be far enough away to shoot them without being too close to the guards and risk them getting in the way..."

Last edited by Sanura Heartsnug on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 am

Marcus frowned down at the drawing of the layout of a multi-storied structure. There would be disadvantages in this fight already: multiple levels, blind corners, and the good possibility of there being plenty of cover for the Slavers to hide behind. There was also the issue of Marcus being unfamiliar with how to approach this type of situation. The only advantage he could see was that everything was enclosed, something that played to his strengths well.

He cast a glance at Hopscotch for a brief moment before Sanura began speaking, offering a surprising amount of planning for the initial rush.

He smiled at her and said, "I am surprised at this plan you have thought up. Perhaps you have not yet realized your true calling."

Turning to Xeshir, he said, "You spoke of a plan earlier. Will it still fit with Ms. Sanura's plan as well?"
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 am

Xeshir frowned at the layout of the compound. The guard barracks where to close to the slave pens, it would be hard to be able to free the slaves without alerting the guards. She then turned to Sanura and smiled. "Not a bad plan, might be better than the one I was thinking of anyway." She then cleared her throat as Marcus asked her to detail the plan. "It needs more modification, but it would have worked like this..."

"Viktor and Mek would have build a small network of tunnels under the slave cells and waited for their mark, once they had it they would dig into the pens and direct the slaves through the tunnels to freedom. Marcus and Sanura would have gone with them, Marcus attacking any slaver along with Viktor and Mek if they tried to stop the slaves for escaping, while Sanura would have stabilized any hurt slave or encourage them to go through the tunnels..."

"Me, Sanctity and Ginger Ale would stay on this rise and prepared our weapons. Hopscotch would have made Grace trot outside, or somewhere were we could easily aim at him, and we would all fire at the Minotaur until he died. The barrage of bullets would be Viktor´s and Mek´s mark, and it would also cause distress among the slavers as you mentioned. Then we would storm into the building and finish off any that still tried to fight and refused to surrender, and if Hopscotch cover wasn´t blown by then he would be looking for the mustard buck and pinning him down until we arrived."

Xeshir shook her head. "But the plan is sorta a bust now. Unless you two can dig through whatever material the building is made of and it doesn´t look like Grace can be convinced to come out...Or can he Hopscotch?" She asked as she turned to the ex-slaver.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:39 am

Mek watched the group members to back and forth between plans. He gave Sanura a frown when she suggested that he pretended to be captured again. "Ah've got no problem wif pretendin' ta be captured again, but what if they get a colla around me neck, Sanura? Then what?" He explained, pointing a finger at his neck as he said the word "colla". Turning to hopscotch, he pointed at the ground. "Is there any spots in da floor where da ground is exposed?"
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:58 am

Sanura shook her head at Mek, "The idea is that you two ambush them at the door after they unlock or open it, not actually let them take you in." she said, "I'm not trying to get you captured, just trying to make for a quiet entry if we can't work with drawing the minotaur out like Xeshir wanted." She smiled a bit, "Unless you think the guards could take you big ole diamond dogs. "she teased them lightly. "If we have to go in through the front I think that would be the best way to reduce injuries and get the rest of the party into the building."
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:51 am

Mek gave Sanura a dirty look. She had just called his toughness into question. His hands tightened into fists and the muscles on his massive arms bulged outward a in response. "Alright, ya got me. Ah'll let Hopscotch take me ova to da door, but if ah get sum shots put inta me, you'z gonna be da one cleanin' em out from unda me skin, Sanura." He remarked with a smile. The pistol on his belt felt extremely small given that everybody else had a rifle, but the fact that he was capable of shrugging off small caliber gunfire gave him some comfort
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 am

Sanctity nodded along to Sanura's plan. The more ponies they could take out before a firefight would mean less ponies shooting at them. Xeshir's plan might work to, but if they had any diamond dogs in the compound, they'd probably feel the digging and alert the other guards, or at the very least keep a closer eye on everything. He pulled out his .22 and hovered it in front of him. If he wasn't going to be fighting at close ranges, the thing was damn near useless. He flicked the safety off and offered it to the ponies who'd be fighting on the front lines.

"'Scotch, Mad, either of you want this?" he asked as he hovered the handle in front of them before looking around, trying to see if there were any better vantage points down onto the camp for them to shoot from.

[Survival 45, Stealth 61, PER 6]

Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 am

Mad took one look at the 22. Pistol being offered to him and sneered at it with derision. It was a pea shooter compared to even his bare hands. He thought it would be more useful to just tear it apart and install the silencer on his own pistol. It wasn't a bad idea by Mad Mek standards. "Tell ya what, Sanctity. Wif yer permission, Ah'll rip apart dat honorary pea shoota of yers, take the quiet bitz, an' silence me pistol wif it. Once we'z done krumpin' da slavers, ah'll let ya keep me pistol."
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Sanctity tilted his head to the side as he translated the ghouls odd form of speech. He hadn't thought of that. Then again, he didn't have "Mek" in his name. Or "Mad" for that matter. He had seen another .22 in the store, so if the dog broke it, he could just buy a new one. "Uh, sure, give it a go" he said, his tone showing a little lack of confidence as he dropped the diminutive sidearm into the diamond dogs paws.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 13 Empty A

Post by Mad Mek Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 pm

The 22. fell into Mad Mek's hand, and he gave Sanctity a grin. It was the same grin he gave Sanctity when they were gathered around the fire pit. The 22. looked like a toothpick in his paws, and he wasted no time in dismantling the firearm. Taking a screwdriver out of a tool pouch on his belt, he started by unscrewing the outer casing from the gun and exposing the inner workings.

He quickly went to work on the built-in silencer, using a nearby piece of rebar to adjust the silencer to work with a larger caliber. He might be terminally insane, but he was a mechanic after all. He wasted no time in forcefully removing the silencer from the weapon, replacing all the important looking bits, and screwed the casing back on.

Using the last of some tape he had on him, he attached the adjusted silencer on the muzzle of his own pistol, and handed it to Sanctity. "One kustom job, just fer you. First one's on da 'ouse, future jobs'll cost ya 10 caps." He muttered, trying his best to sound reasonable and promote his business at the same time.

Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Ale crouched near the crest of the hill. Taking out his rifle he used the scope to scout out the building and the guards at the door. If there where any windows he would also try to see through them and whether or not it was viable to shoot through them at the slavers inside.

Ale glanced over his shoulder as the others discussed their plan. It was a good plan, even if it relied a bit to heavily on slaver boy but if he was going to redeem himself this was a good a chance as any. He turned back to the building to finish surveying it. Based on what he could find he might be able to make an amendment to the plan.

(Perception-7 Checking the building for windows and the likelihood of sniping through said windows)

(Perception-7 Checking the load out of the guards at the door (armor, weapons, and anything else visible on them.)
    Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:49 am

Diesel nodded as Sanura spoke, "I agree with Sanura, Mek and Scotch can walk in while I tunnel underneath. After they open the doors I can hop out and help kill them, you could give me a signal like stomping your foot on the ground a few times or something." Nodding his head he smiled as he went to go adjust his gauntlet and make sure it was on properly.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 am

Mek nodded at Diesel's suggestion. It was deceptively simple, and Mek was sure Diesel would be able to feel the powerful stomping of a pneumatic foot even if he wasn't feeling for it. "Sure, Vikta. Ah can see how dat would work out. Jus' be sure to come out o' da dirt all quite like, yeh?" He said, nodding slowly. Turning to Hopscotch, he held his arms out in front of him. "Right then, chain me up. Jus' don' use too many o' them fings." He grumbled, awaiting to be chained up. He found himself hoping that Ginger would have a silencer on his rifle as well, but he felt that was too much to ask of the brash unicorn.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:05 am

Hopscotch looked aghast at Sanura as she suggested her plan. “I used to work with these ponies; some of ‘em are decent folk. And you’re asking me to go in there and kill them? I don’t know if I can do that.” He nodded obliquely towards Mek. “Plus, I don’t trust this mongrel not to rip my head off as soon as we turn a corner. And no,” he said, turning to properly face Mek, “there’s no holes or soft floor or anything like that, or at least none that I’m aware of. Full concrete foundation, as far as I know.”

He turned to Xeshir. “I don’t know. Grace isn’t stupid. I suppose if there was something big enough happening out here, he might show himself. He’s not stuck upstairs or whatever.”

Mek went to start altering the silencer with his very crude implements. But realised as he started that using a piece of rebar to try and enlarge the barrel of the silencer would damage the fragile components that actually suppressed the noise created by the bullet.

Ginger noticed the two guards (one of which looked as though he was dozing off) seemed to be armed with simple rifles and mercenary outfits. Most of the windows were too grubby to see anything through, but he supposed if somepony was to open them, he’d be able to do something.

(Would you all like it if I posted results of rolls (e.g. speech) so you know when you’ve succeeded or failed? Would that be of interest?)
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:23 am

In hindsight, maybe jamming a piece of rebar down a silencer wasn't the best of ideas, but it's all he had to work with along with a screwdriver. All his tools were back at Stableton, and he realized that the silencer would probably suppress only two or three shots before breaking or falling off. Maybe it wouldn't work at all. Only time will tell...

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Hopscotch saying no to the plan. He couldn't believe this. Was Hopscotch wussing out? Then Hopscotch called Mek a "mongrel", and the nerves in his brain snapped. He grabbed Hopscotch by the tail and lifted him just out of bucking distance, making sure to keep their eyes level. "Next time ya call me a mongrel, ah'll chew yer fuckin eyes out. You'z a slaver, you'z got no right to call others mongrels." Giving out an annoyed groan, he dropped hopscotch back onto his hooves and returned to Sanura. "Turns out Hopscotch is a yella-bellied skink. Ah'z got no clue how we'z gonna get in, but ah do 'ave one really crazy idea. Any one of you lot care at hear me out?" He said loudly, making sure the entire group heard him.
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Marcus looked at Hopscotch incredulously as it went and claimed that some of them were "decent folk". Whatever he had to say to it, however, was said by Mek as he lifted the Slaver up and chewed him out. He cast a small glare at Hopscotch before speaking up.

"We must find a plan, and quick, if we are to be successful. A plan that must include the Slaver," he said, gesturing to the Hopscotch. "I do not pretend to be skilled in attacking such structures. I have no plans to speak of, only thoughts. We must remember that we are attacking a hard building. We must secure the entrance if we are to make our way in."

With that, he sat down and waited for the rest of the group to speak up.

(Also, I'd like to see the results of the rolls. Thanks!)
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Xeshir pondered for a moment. It seems like they would have to face Grace rather than shooting the Minotaur once he got out. Sanura's plan seemed the most reasonable right now, but needed a few changes...

"Alright, how about this?" She said. "We follow Sanura's plan and take out the slavers by the door. Silently. Once inside we rush towards Grace room and kill him, but we're going to make an awfully lot of noise. Hopscotch, you need to divert the attention of the slavers as much as you can while we fight Grace, whatever you need to accomplish that, do it. Ginger, I need you to stay out here and make sure no slavers escape. Once Grace is death the slavers ought to fall apart, and the few remaining will be more easily manageable than the whole compound. We find the mustard buck, free the slaves and go on our merry way..." She frowned as she finished. It was hardly a good plan, but there wasn't much time to think of something else. "Everypony ready? Or does someone have a better idea?" She asked/
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Ale slid down the hill back to the others when he was done surveying the slaver compound. He got back just in time for mek to pick up scotch for calling him a mongrel. Ale groaned when hopscotch declined the plan, "Damn it slaver boy you said you wanted to help, this is your chance." ale paused as xeshir threw out her own plan "Look you don't have to help us kill them, just get us in the door and to grace." He looked over to mek and viktor. "Alright whatever the plan is its going to end up in a firefight. If ya'll find yourselves pinned down try and break a nearby window and i'll give you a little sniper cover."

(I would like to see the roll results.)
    Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Diesel nodded his head as the others planed, he wasn't going to argue too much. The job was near completion and it looked like the few trouble spots have calmed down. Smiling as his gear was ready he looked over to Xeshir, "I'm ready to go with whatever you plan Xeshir. Let's go make sure Grace doesn't terrorize the wastes any more." Nodding once he stood and stretched, making sure he wouldn't mess up while digging or worse fighting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am