Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+5
Sanctity
Ginger Ale
Marcus
Viktor Diesel
World Warden
9 posters

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 22 Empty Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Sanctity Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:37 am

He looked back at them, his lungs feeling odd as the smoke he'd inhaled lay heavy in them. "I.. I don't know" he admitted "But I'll do my upmost to keep you safe" he promised, adding a silent 'As long as you're good' to it in his head. He then turned back and looked over their options. Going through the tunnel was a bad idea, the ex slaves would just tear them apart. He didn't want to go across open ground though, it looked like there were gunners on the roofs who were picking ponies off, and he couldn't be sure they'd recognise them as slavers. He hesitated for a moment, before deciding. Tunnel it was. He led off silently, moving towards it. If anyone started, he'd try and talk them down. They were here to fight slavers not become them.
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 22 Empty Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Xeshir Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:17 am

Xeshir grunted as she began dragging the mustard buck outside. "Sorry handsome, but your sister wants you and I can´t afford having you escaping." The zebra kept dragging him until she finally reached the outside and quickly shoved him inside the tunnel. "Go! Now!" She said as she went after him, making sure to push him foward, but also making a mental note on how nice his flank was, which at least took her mind off the claustrophobic tunnel.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Ale played the middle pony as they went through the tunnel. Placing himself between the slaves fallowing marcus and the slavers sanctity had in-tow. He kept wary for any signs of trouble that might arise from the two groups, he was still expecting a fight between two of the slaves. "Almost there, we're almost there." ale thought once they where out of the tunnel then then the slaves were free to go their own ways or fallow his group back to stableton. There was still one problem though, they hadn't technically done the job. Ole spur legs might let the mustered buck slide but they where taking half of the damn slavers with them. Ale wasn't a monster, he didn't want to just shoot them but his paycheck was in jeopardy and right now ale really needed the caps.

The unicorn looked for a distraction, something to get his mind off the possible fate of the group behind him. He took out his flask and slowed his pace to let mek catch up as he drank. "So." Ale started as he let the metal container drop from his lips. "How'ed your little meeting with grace go?" Ale then looked around and noticed hopscotch wasn't in either of the two groups. "Where's slaver boy?"

(Per-7 Looking for signs of infighting.)
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Mek's ears perked up when he heard Ginger's voice. The telltale sound of Xeshir's voice ushering Mustard into the tunnel also caught his attention. For a moment, Mek was considering just telling Ginger that Scotch just ran off, but it wouldn't do the slaver justice. He looked downwards to collect his thoughts, and he noticed that Iron Hoove's blood had already dried on his pneumatic leg. It would take a flash flood conjured up by the wrath of The Princesses themselves to wash it off. Finally, he found his toungue. "Xeshir told 'im ta go upstairs an' unlock Grace's door. Next time ah saw 'im, Grace had twisted his neck da wrong way 'round. 'Least it was quick..."
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Ale's ears plastered to the side of his head at the news. Sure hopscotch was a slaver and all slavers deserved the same but still he was on a road to redemption. "Damn." was all that ale could utter. He started to thing that maybe if he stayed with the rest of the group he could have done something maybe he could have -. "No there's no point in debating what ifs, what's done is done. Well at least he's with marigold now." Ale took another swig from his flask before offering it to mek.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Mek took a moment to stare at the flask, before shaking his head at Ginger. Its not like hard liquor had any effect on him anyways, and he didn't exactly enjoy the taste either. Instead, he stared off into the tunnel. It was a long walk down a tunnel of darkness, with only the promise of revelation at the end. Much like his life. "Ginga, when you've been 'round long as Ah 'ave, yer bound ta see fings. Ah've seen fillies dragged out into da streets with dere mothers an' shot. Ah've witnessed rapes, burnings, genocides, ya name it. It still gets ta me, Ginga, but Ah know that as long as it still gets ta me, Ah'm one step above a Hellhound."
    Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:29 am

Viktor took a look at the group as they all gathered around outside the tunnel. Taking a look back inside his mind jumped back to Scotch laying inside that burning building. Cursing under his breath he dropped his head and ran back into the building, Rushing past the fire he quickly as he could grabbed hold of Scotch's limp body and strong armed his way out of the burning building. As he burst out of there he dropped Scotch's body to the ground and quickly started to roll around as much as he could to smother the flames on him. After he was sure he wasn't on fire he shoveled dirt on top of Scotch to put out any flames on him. Checking his body for any flames he flung him over his shoulder and picked up Graces head again. Walking into the tunnel at the back of the group he made sure that no one else was by the burning building.

After he was sure he made his way through the tunnel and made his way to the rest of the group. Looking around he walked over to Sanura and sat down while dropping his load on the ground softly. "Hey Sanura, could you check to see if anything got me in the house?" Asking for the medical attention he let out a sigh as he waited for the long walk back home.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:09 am

The group moved through the tunnel, led by Marcus, who noticed no foe at the far end. It was a blessing that the tunnel didn’t begin to collapse due to the large volume of semi-panicking traffic that was going through it.

The mustard buck complained as Xeshir dragged him outside, until she revealed that his sister had wanted him. “My sister? What the hay has she got to do with all this? She couldn’t afford a group of mercs.” He staggered into the tunnel, half trying to turn to ask further about his sister, and half trying not to get hit, tackled or hurt further by the zebra.

Ginger and Sanctity were perhaps right to be concerned about friction between the two groups of ponies. Even in the faint light of the tunnel, they could see the bristling of manes as the rear part of the slave group became aware of who the other group was, and the angry glances from the front of the slaver group, daring the slaves to make a move.

Mek ducked into the tunnel as he heard the first crashing sounds of structural failure from the building behind him. He stayed alert for danger, but it was too hard to see much of anything in the tunnel full of ponies, and the muddled sounds and hoofsteps made it nigh impossible to make out any sounds or vibrations.

Viktor ducked back inside. The building was thick with choking smoke and there was a constant oppressive heat. He could get the sense that the upper floor might collapse at any moment. Hurrying through the smoke, he sought out Hopscotch’s discarded body (Viktor luck: 50+30 = 80) and found it, still unburnt, but with the neck twisted at a grotesque angle. He threw the body over his shoulder and began to make his way out. (Viktor agility: 57+35 = 92, 31+35 = 66) He lunged forward to avoid a collapsing ceiling beam. However, as he made his way towards the door, eyes stinging from the smoke, he wandered a little too close to a burning pile of refuse, badly singeing his leg. Finally, he exited into the cleaner, cooler outside air, but it felt like the heat of the fire lingered in the numerous burns it had left on his flesh.

(Mek and Sanctity received minor injuries from the fire and smoke inhalation. Viktor, however, received more serious injuries, and is probably in need of medical attention.)
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Marcus let out a sigh of relief and stepped out, ushering the freed slaves to exit the tunnel.

"I ask that you do not wander. Stick together and we will better give you protection. Just wait for the others to finish coming."

As he said this, he continued looking outward for danger, all the while praying that the others would hurry up so they could make their way, safely, back to Stableton...
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 pm

As Mek stepped out of the tunnel, he could not fight the urge to stretch his arms, and promptly threw both of his massive appendages in either direction, relieved when muscles that had been contracted throughout the entire firefight started to relax. On the other hand, the tension between the slavers and slaves was so tense it could be tasted in the air. He prepared for any sudden voilence once the slaves were all out. For the moment, however, he maintained a warm disposition and even helped usher some of the slaves out of the tunnel.

---keeping an eye out for any fights. Using all of my AP to break up any fights if they happen, and saving AP for one unarmed punch if the fight does not get broken up by me or anyone else.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Ale crawled out of the tunnel and ducked to avoid being hit by the stretching diamond dog. The buck still diden't know what to do with the slavers, if they brought half of them back then the job would be a bust. "No rewards for a half done job! Git every last one of them dang bastards!" The poster had read.

Ale trotted up to xeshire and decided to voice his concerns to her since she seemed to play the leader role during this whole adventure. "Hey Xesh." He said in a hushed tone away from prying ears. "What are we going to do about sanctity'd group, I mean We can't just let them go but we can't kill them in cold blood...can we?"
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Xeshir let out a sight of relief as they exited the tunnel, but her nerves were still on edge, mostly about how the slaves seemed to be behaving. She looked around the group and let out a silent thanks that everyone was still alive.

When Ginger turned to her she frowned, then responded in the same hushing tone. "I´m not sure. One of the diamond dogs has Grace´s head, with that I may be able to convince that store owner we took care of the slavers...But he will probably ask for a proof of kill...But first of all, we need to set the slavers and slaves apart. Can you do that?" She said as her mind searched for a good method to fool that grumpy old earth pony, but came up with nothing.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:22 am

Ale nodded at the zebra, "I'll try and keep them segregated. Just be ready to help if things go to shit." He trotted back over to his place next to mek and stood vigilant, ready to keep the peace and secretly hoping he wouldn't need to.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 am

It was with a sense of relief that the group reached the far side of the tunnel and exited into the relative safety of the surface. They were right to be wary of each group exploding into violence; a thick air of tension seemed to exist between the two groups, and whilst nothing had happened yet, it seemed only a matter of time, unless something more significant than simply standing between the groups was done.

Especially as the larger and stronger of each group seemed to migrate closer to one another, almost egging the other on to try something.

“So, what do we do now?” one of the slavers, a grey stallion, drawled slightly. “You must be darn messed up in the ‘ead if you think we’ll go anywhere with the likes of them.” He tipped his head towards the slaves.

“Shut up, slaver scum!” a mare in the slave group yelled back, and the tension rose.

“I’m just sayin’ we need ta work something out,” the grey stallion drawled again. “We ain’t combatants, after all.”
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Sanctity turned to look at the slavers sternly. They were just looking for a free ride off the sinking ship, weren't they? They seemed like they just wanted them to help survive so they could go back to living the same way. The grey one, if he spoke for the group, was telling him all he needed to know. He felt anger begin to bubble up inside him. These ponies weren't repentant, hell, they still didn't recognize the ponies they'd trapped as ponies. His stern look turned to a glare, as he thought over his words carefully, channeling his anger until it hardened and ran cool in his veins.

"You run." he said, his voice firm, but eerily calm. "You run very far away. You run until neither we, nor anyone you've hurt can find you." He paused momentarily for affect. "And then, you start a new life, dragging the burden of what you've done behind you, and praying to Celestia nopony finds out where you came from" Another pause. "I might not want to kill you particularly, but I sure as hell don't want to help you" he said, then turned away from them.
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Marcus stared back and forth between the two groups present and furrowed his brow as they showed signs of dissent between them. This confused Marcus, since this was not the way he had envisioned those rescued would be acting. He made to step between them when he heard a mare shout:

“Shut up, slaver scum!”

Marcus stopped in his tracks there and stared between the two groups as the tension remained between them. He saw Sanctity address one of the Slavers with a cold, hard look on his face. Marcus then narrowed his eyes and looked about for the rest of the group before falling on Xeshir. She was the one who had fought to save the life of the first Slaver and had promised to save the buck from the picture. It didn't leave much of a stretch for Marcus to come to the conclusion that she was behind so many of them being saved.

Marching up to her with a glare, Marcus hissed, "Tell me, why have these Slavers been allowed to live? Was our job not to kill them all?" Leaning in to bring his face close to hers, he continued, "I hope this is not from a wapotofu misguided thought that they could change for the better."
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Mek overheard Marcus, and couldn't help but nod in agreement. "Yeh! Why'z they still alive!?" Mek said, standing beside Marcus with his arms crossed. It was the first time he agreed with the Zebra on something. He took a moment to glance at the Slaver group, a scowl on his face. He wouldn't mind killing these slavers. Hell, he was itching to try out his flamer anyways. Mek leaned in to Xeshir, and whispered so the slaver group couldn't hear. "If any of dese slavin' gits tries to start a fight or run off, ah'm gonna use lethal force, yeah?" He growled. He stepped away from Xeshir and turned away so he could keep an eye on any disputes between the two groups, except this time he had his plasma pistol drawn. "If any of you slaver suns-a-bitches is fixin' for a fight, ah'z got a zappy gun and two fists dat say othawise. Next one lf you lot who steps outta line gets a muzzle full o' plasma. On da house."

---Firing 4 plasma shots at the next slaver to act up, with lethal intent. If more than one act up, then distribute as evenly as possible. (Energy Weapons 22)
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Xeshir returned Marcus glare. "It was our job, and it was what we were paid for, but if you think I am going to kill ponies in cold blood after they surrendered, then you´re incredibly misinformed. We all fuck up sooner or later. Wouldn´t you like someone to not kill you for those fuck ups? To give you a second chance? Because that is what I am trying to do here...but if you insist." Said the zebra before turning to Mek. "You and Marcus stay here and make sure the slaves stay quiet and no fights break out. We will deal with these slavers." The zebra then returned to Sanctity and Ginger, signaling them to follow her as she turned to the slavers. "Follow us." was all she said, giving them the best glare she could muster as she trotted behind the nearest hill they could find, away from the eyes of the slaves, Mek and Marcus.

Last edited by Xeshir on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Viktor limped along in the back of the group with his bag and body. Looking around he tried to find Sanura so she could patch him up, letting out a low bellow he shouted for her. "Sanura, where are you!" coughing up some bile from the smoke he had inhaled from inside the building. Sitting down he looked at his leg shaking from the stress he had put it through just then. Laying down he let his head swim around as the others talked and bickered about slavers and slaves, this day was not going the way he thought it would have.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:17 am

A few of the more confident slavers wilted slightly as they realised they certainly didn’t have the support of the ponies and diamond dogs wielding the weapons. It hardly mattered, though; upon hearing Sanctity threaten them and tell them to run, the slaves were emboldened, and in a rush of furious bodies, threw themselves at the slavers, ignoring the presence of the peacekeeping efforts of the group, and certainly before Xeshir could get the slavers to move away.

It happened quickly and violently. Most of the slavers broke and began to run; they had no combat skill or training, and certainly no stomach for fighting. The remaining slavers that tried to stand up to the slaves were quickly set upon, and the tide of the sudden skirmish just as quickly began turning against them; two slavers were already kicked to the ground and stomped a few times, and the rest began to back up, buying a little time to act if the group wanted to intervene.

(Mek, I’m not sure if this counts as ‘acting up’ on the side of the slavers, if so, I’ll give you first move next post)
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Mek took a quick moment to glance at the Slavers being beaten to a pulp as their coworkers either watched them get beaten or ran like spineless mares. If there was anything Mek didn't like, it was a coward. He raised his plasma pistol and took aim, a twisted smile slowly creeping across his face. He pulled the trigger several times and felt the electric buzz and the kick of the magical weapon in his hands. For somebody who wasn't a fan of energy-based weaponry, he was enjoying himself.

---firing 3 plasma shots at the fleeing slavers, distributed evenly. (Energy 22)
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Sanctity looked at the ghoul DD in horror as he shot at the fleeing slavers, before looking in equal distaste to the slaves, who seemed to be taking glee in their assault on the slavers. His brething sped up and adrenaline pumped through him. 'Fight or flight. Fight or flight?' was all that was going through his head. Then, in another instant, he had his answer. Neither.

He raised his gun up, pointing it towards the skies, firing one loud shot in the hopes of drawing their attention to him. Then, he shouted, for the first time in a little while. "EVERYPONY STOP!" he bellowed, hoping to calm the crowd, before turning to Mad.

"Mad, what are you DOING? They're not a threat! You're no better than them if you kill them in cold blood." he said, before turning to the roiling crowd of slaves. "And you, what are you thinking? You're supposed to be the innocent ones! Be better than them!" He shouted, attempting to restore order to the crowd.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Ale let out a long sigh. "There was no avoiding this." he said under his breath. The unicorn was unsure what to do. a part of him wanted to join mek in shooting the slavers, while another part wanted to help sanctity break up the fighting. He was just frozen in indecision. Finally a single thing broke his 1000 yard stare, the scream of a filly. Ale looked in the direction of the yell and saw a brown stallion holding a filly in his hooves as the slaves beat on him. "No not a filly, she doesn't deserve this." His horn lit up as he yanked the two away from the fight with his magic and drew his revolver, pointing it at the offending slaves.

"What are you, animals!?" he shouted. "They surrendered, their no longer a threat to you. They'll pay for what they've done in the building but not here, not like this." The white unicorn turned his head to the slaver and filly he pulled out of the fight. "Are you two okay?" He asked generally concerned.
    Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 am

Diesel shook his head as he watched Mek try to shoot the fleeing slavers. Standing up in a flurry of movement he lunged at his side to knock him to the ground, "Get down you mad mutt!" As he tackled him he felt his legs start to shake from the exertion. Damn it, last thing he needed was that damn dog shooting helpless ponies. "Get your head on those things you call shoulders and think about what you are doing!"

(Knocking Mek down; Str 11, Unarmed 60)
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:48 am

Xeshir watched the fight between the slaves and the slavers break out, wanting to scream in frustration. Was it just so hard to save everypony? To have some semblance of a happy ending?

When Mek fired his gun though, she snapped back to reality. She wanted to tackle Mek down and kill him, but she saw Viktor already moving in his way and decided to do something different. "Break up the fight, I will handle the fleeing slavers." Was all she said before breaking full gallop after them. However, the zebra was not putting enough force to outrun them, just enough to catch up. She began to unholster her 9mm SMG as she sprinted after them, but didn´t fire...Yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm