Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Xeshir on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:20 am

Xeshit took her caps without saying a word or breaking a smile, not even a smirk. This job had gone down the toilet so many times...The slaves were at least safe and she had given the slavers she ran into a second chance, yet there was a nagging feeling that this could have gone differently, better...

Xeshir focused back on the group and quickly knew what they were waiting for. "I will go talk to her." She said as she began trotting towards the gates, remembering she had told her to stay outside Stableton. She did see Sanctity sparing some caps to Ginger for the filly, and did make her smile a little and give the unicorn an appreciative nod before moving out.

(Looking for the mustard buck´s sister.)
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 am

Standing out the front of Spur Legs’ store, a mare quickly trotted towards the group. It was the mare that had asked them to bring her brother back to Stableton. She looked distraught.

“Where is he? I didn’t see him come into town with the rest of you. Is he okay?”
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:23 am

Marcus begrudgingly accepted the caps from Ginger and stepped out from the building. Three hundred caps for a job that seemed to be met with more controversy and headaches than it was worth. Sighing, he stepped out fully from the building and stepped back in surprise as the mare that had originally greeted them near the gates of Stableton approached them, asking for her brother. Marcus looked left and right at the others from the group and lowered his head as they appeared hesitant to answer. He let out another sigh and stepped forward to speak to her.

"Miss... I can not say what has happened to your brother. He left the building of Slavers with us, alive. There were... problems on the way here, though. He fled before we could fix those problems. I am sorry. I don't know what will come of him, or what has come of him, now."
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Mek nodded when Marcus spoke. He now understood why the mustard buck was so important. He couldn't help but to add to Marcus's explanation. "Yeh, da spineless git ran off when da rescued slaves got rowdy. Didn' even take a gun wif 'im, da poor sod. Prolly Gecko food by now." He grumbled out. He firmly believed there was no hope for Mustard, and the indifference in his voice was painfully sharp.
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:09 am

The navy blue mare looked at Mek, a surprised smile crossing her face. “Custard Apple!” She trotted forward to embrace him, her eyes wet with joyful tears. “I’m so glad you’re safe!”

“Thank you,” she said to the others, too distracted by relief and happiness to direct it at anyone in particular. “I must not have seen him earlier, but this is definitely my brother. I can’t–”

“Hey!” a voice exploded through the scene. At its source, the mustard buck they’d thought had fled from the enraged slaves the night before, dirt and dried blood covering his face and sides, fury in his eyes. “What do you think you’re doing?” he shouted, glaring death at Mek. His eyes darted to the navy blue mare with the disconcerting intensity of a record scratch. “What the hay are you doing? This dog isn’t me! I’m not a bucking zombie dog!”

The navy mare stared blankly at him for a moment, then smiled awkwardly. “Um... I’m sorry, I don’t think we’ve been introduced.”

Silence stank up the air as the mustard buck, nonplussed, tried to take in what was happening. “What... But... I...” He gritted his teeth. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes.

The navy mare took a step back. “Are... Are you alright?”

The intensity in the mustard buck’s eyes flagged, but was no less fierce. He lashed his gaze back to Mek, and seethed in a breath. “This isn’t over, dog!” He turned tail and galloped down the street. “I will have–”

His body crumpled to the ground mid-gallop in a chorus of shocked gasps. There was a large metal bolt protruding from the side of his head.

Above, a dark, winged figure was perched on the roof of Dang Fine Guns ‘n’ Tools, wielding a heavy rifle. It was a griffon, scarred and statuesque, a mask concealing his face. He noticed the faces below looking up at him, and he swept his gaze over them like a watering can over a flower bed. “He let things go to his head.” He paused a moment, distracted by his thoughts. “Wait, hang on. He got ahead of himself.”

The bewildered faces of several ponies stared up at him.

“Shut up,” he rumbled. “You don’t know what it’s like.”

As he said that last word, his mask suddenly tipped sideways and fell away. Underneath was...

… the face of a silver-grey pegasus. She raised a hoof and patted her face, and after a few moments of delayed realisation, she screamed in alarm. “Curse you ponies!” she shouted as her wings carried her into the air. “I will return! And when I do, you’ll all be sorry!”

The navy mare wrested her attention from the debacle above and looked over at the crumpled form of the mustard buck. She turned to any of the group who hadn’t yet wandered off in disgust. “So... who is he, anyway?”

(April Foals’. Real post tomorrow.)
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:02 am

As the navy blue mare listened to what Marcus had to say, her anxiety gradually turned to hopeless dejection. She was about to say something when Mek spoke, and what he said just made her look even more pathetic and miserable than any single pony should. She fell to her knees, choking on tears of inarticulate grief.

She didn’t respond to any further questions. After a while, she managed a half-hearted thank-you before wandering away.

Most of the freed slaves soon found work. Some slipped into petty crime, having few skills and no caps with which to support themselves. Some left town with a trading caravan, presumably going back to their old lives as traders.

Having dealt with Grace Under Fire’s brutal slaving operation, there was an almost imperceptible sense of relief around the town. The townsponies overall seemed a little less morose, a little more hearty and carefree.

But only a little. It was ultimately only a small shadow over their little pony heads, and it was still the wasteland, after all; they had plenty of other things to keep them up at night.

With nopony else to look after her, Bell Crank decided to stay with Ginger. Not like she had any choice. What little bustle the town had still made her nervous. After a few days, though, she began to inch out of her shell, taking a shine to a few of the friendlier townsfolk and showing a keen interest in machinery, but it was pretty clear (if Ginger was paying attention) that she was still suffering some emotional trauma.

Hopscotch and Marigold are still dead. You murderers.

Thanks for slaving away in Slaving Away. Hope to see you all on the new board!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 pm