Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Mona Tones
Cross Roads
Sawdust
Winter Bell
Atriark
Arc Weld
Lucky Draw
11 posters

Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED)

Sawdust
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED) - Page 2 Empty Re: Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED)

Post by Sawdust Wed May 16, 2012 2:15 am

"Come on, tell them where you're going already." ... "Wha, no it'll be fine. We'll keep a safe distance this time." ... Sawdust broke her stare at Lucky to look at a small doll peaking out from one of the Duster's pockets. It had the distinct appearance of Twilight Sparkle and was somehow clean even as the duster was covered in grime. ... "It'll be fine. They don't need to know."

She turns back to looking at the bar, damnit, she'd missed something, now there was laughing, the bartender seemed irritated, but amused at the same time. What had she missed?! A bad joke? ... "Shut up." ... "I don't need to be close to them, this is a good place to be. Back here." ... "Not listening."

Sawdust stares on, ignoring for the moment the new colt, there were always new patrons entering and exiting, one colt plus or minus wasn't going to matter. ... "You know I can't." ... "You know damn well why!" ... "Sunny was Scum, he got what was coming to him! Nopony threatens to collar me and gets away with it!" ... Again her eyes averted to the doll, as she paused, her ears pointed at it as if it was speaking aloud. "Stop it. Please." ...

At that moment a small Twilight Sparkle doll flew through the air, in an arc that would land it in Lucky's lap. The source, an absolutely dumbfounded yellow mare, watched as it landed far away from her. Her muscles coiled, Mrs. Sparkle was in trouble! And her guardian was at fault! Sawdust not so much charged over as she moved hurriedly, there was no telling what that moment of anger would do to her poor little doll!
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 am

Cross had traveled for many days to get back to Stableton...he wasn't ready to walk straight through the streets again just yet...but he was a new pony, the only way he could be recognized now was by his red hood, but without his respirator visible and the cape, the odds were low....'still...I better not go through the front gate' Cross tried go about the wall until he was just the right distance from the 'The Rusty Cowbell'

*FLASH* Cross tumbled and the world began to spin.

*CRASH* apparently Cross had teleported onto a table and had set it off balance enough that he and the drinks were not scattered on the floor. Cross stood up and dusted himself up, luckily he managed to not get any on his uniform, he didn't imagine their were any dry cleaners in this dirt town.

In an instant some of the patrons stood up and glared at Cross, and all he did was raise his hoof and sort of point at the table...

"That...that shouldn't be there...." Cross turned towards the bar "Cocktail you douche, you moved the tables agian didn't you?" Cross turned to the patrons once more.

"I'm really sorry fellas mind If I cover the next two rounds for you and we call it even?"

Normally Cross wouldn't care, but shocking life realizations made him try to be more....accepting, and so he figured this would be a good place to start.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 am

All of a sudden, a small purple object flew across the room and landed in Lucky's lap. He looked down at the doll that was now sitting uncomfortably close to his nethers.

"Well this was certainly unexpec-" Lucky stopped mid sentence as he saw what appeared to be an angry, charging, yellow blur, and he dived off the seat and over the bar, somehow avoiding his bottle of bourbon, and leaving the purple plush toy sitting on the stool by itself.

Just then, a loud crash was heard, and a uniformed pony got up from the floor next to the table he just flipped, and peevishly insulted Cocktail before turning around to talk to the angry buffalo and unicorn he had just spilled beer on.

The tender yelled,"No, I didn't move the tables again, you just have shitty aim!"

Cocktail waited for the pony to finish his business with the customers, and then, in a less loud tone, addressed the newcomer. "You know, I've got to admire you, Cross. Only you'd have the balls to come back in here after that fight a few months ago."

The buffalo was less lenient than the bartender, however. "Fine, you get me another drink NOW, and I won't break your horn," He said in a deep voice, and his unicorn companion cringed at the thought.
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Wed May 16, 2012 3:46 am

"Kile kwa jina Luna!" Atriark said as a yellow stallion in blue barding magically appeared in the bar.

Atriark glanced the stallion over. Blue barding with steel plates and a red hood. A green mane with orange streaks. On the clasp of the hood was a violet star burst surrounded by five other stars. He had grey saddle bags with the same star pattern. Atriark could have sworn he had seen the same star pattern somewhere before, but he couldn't place where. The unicorn looked like he could do more than hold his own in a fight.

"Unicorns..." Atriark muttered. Half of the unicorns that he had met acted like they were higher and mightier than everypony else. He really hoped this unicorn didn't think like that.

As he contemplated why the star pattern looked familiar, the unicorn began talking to the bar pony. I hope this unicorn doesn't plan on drinking a lot. He seems like a mean drunk. Atriark sipped his scotch.

"Dear Celestia! That's Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark!" Atriark said aloud, nearly choked on his drink.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 am

"Well when you put it like that..." Cross took a step back, a terrified look enveloped his face, like he was about to get his ass kicked.....

"I was trying to be courteous Dreg!!!" Cross's fear turned to a vicious grin and he stomped forward, with his eyes and horn letting out a large magenta glow.

*FLASH*

The only thing still left was the buffalo's unicorn companion, trembling there drenched in hooch and shaking out of fear of what happened to the buffalo....

"Don't worry, he's fine, I sent him somewhere to 'cool' off...." Cross drew out a decent sized amount of caps.

"Here you go, sorry to bother you...Oh and I suggest not drinking the tap water for the next few days, at least till he escapes..." and with that the unicorn grabbed the bag with his muzzle, turned, tripped, and tumbled as he tried to make it out the door as much as he considered his life depended on it

'hmmm.....who should I talk to? Lucky...I need to talk to him about the battle and catch up.....But that Zebra just yelled out something about Twilight Mark.....and theres still the brown sta-....colt? and the mare who he had never met before.....what a tough choose.... '

Cross trotted up to the little group by the bar,

"Well hello Lucky...came here to check up on you....and a hello to you" Cross said to the mare and the twitchy colt. Then he turned his head and faced the zebra

"So....what were you saying Mister...erh...zebra?"

Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 am

Atriark cursed himself for letting that slip out. Should have choked on my scotch...

He barley acknowledged the unicorn bearing Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark as he teleported a buffalo away. A buffalo! Atriark sipped his scotch. Yep, so far he's acting exactly as I feared. Well, maybe not all high and mighty, but he certainly knows how to use his magic. I really hope he doesn't piss off easily.

"So....what were you saying Mister...erh...zebra?" the hooded unicorn said.

Atriark took another sip. At least he acts civil. Let's see if that lasts.

The zebra savored his scotch before answering. "You, sir, have the mark of Twilight Sparkle on your clasp and your saddle bags. May I ask why?"
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed May 16, 2012 4:51 am

Cross taken aback, nopony ever really knew what the lapel meant, much less asked...that required a certain degree of intelligence...and knowledge of pre-war history, still...he couldn't very well mention the truth, nopony was ever suppose to know that

"I appreciate your interest, I wear it since Magic just happens to be a hobby of mine. Whats your name? Its not usual I find ponies or zebras....for that matter with at least some manners. What brings you out here?"
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Wed May 16, 2012 5:05 am

Atriark thought a bit on the unicorn's words as he took a long pull from the scotch.

"Well, my name is Atriark." He said in a low voice. "Thanks, my mother thought it was best if I knew at least a few things about the past. This, believe it or not, is more or less my home....Though I don't much like staying here," Atriark closed his eyes for a few seconds, fighting back a memory. He took a sip from the bottle before continuing. "So, now you know my name, what's your's and what brings you here?"
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed May 16, 2012 5:17 am

"Well then your mother was an intelligent woman Atriark, and as you notice we do live in those times, nothing is stable, nothing is certain, the only thing you know is true is what you choose." Cross then turned his head back to gaze at the rest of the bar.

"You may make your choices Ark, but remember, in the end, your choices will always make you..." Cross took a few seconds to continuing gazing, He turned back to the zebra and grinned.

"But to answer your question I'm here to talk to Lucky....tell him I'm sorry for something I had to do....and maybe....." Cross dropped his voice and grumbled. "..maybe make some friends..."
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Wed May 16, 2012 5:50 am

"My mother was a good doctor. Taught me everything I know now." Atriark finished off the last half the scotch left in the bottle in one long pull and wiped a tear that started to form. "She told me something like that the day before she died...." Atriark stoppered the bottle and set it aside. "Come tomorrow, I won't be here. Even though I live here, I plan on not being here for a long time...the ponies here remind me too much of the old days."

Atriark turned and opened his saddle bag. He fished around his armored stable barding and pipbuck for the scotch bottle. Upon retrieving it, he set the bottle on the counter and fastened the bag shut.

"I'm sorry, but I still don't believe I caught your name."
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed May 16, 2012 6:17 am

Cross smiled..."Hey there..." Cross said, "Don't worry about me, I could be dead tomorrow, I could be dead yesterday, ultimately I'm nothing to you so it doesn't matter...but if you must know....My name Is Cross Roads, keep it low though...lately I haven't been too popular... my hand was forced awhile ago and in order to save alot of ponies, I had to do alot of things I didn't want to do...saddest partis..., its like nopony even cared...so I'm here just here to make amends...now I'm sorry but I have to take care of something"

Cross turned over to Lucky who hadn't been sitting too far and seemed to be catching what was going on, Cross took one order from the bar before turning his attention to him.

"Cocktail, you stupid bastard, HOW are you doing my friend!?!? can you get me a Sparkle-Cola?" Once Cross got his order he sat next to Lucky

"So Draw, are you still mad about what happened? Have they told you why I had to?...."

Last edited by Cross Roads on Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 7:51 am

Blazen felt a little off the way things were going. A stallion (a unicorn) had teleported into the tavern, and a conversation had happened that escalated when a buffalo was teleported into the tap water source, though he really wasn't sure. That's all that he speculated anyways. He had managed through listening, that the stallion in the really magician-looking barding was Cross-Roads, and the zebra was Atriark. The Mint-als started wearing off, sending him into a state of depression, and now he was slowly starting to see why it was so important to purge this...thing out of his system. Cross, the stallion, had also said 'Your choices always make you'. He couldn't believe he was taking this more then it meant, that now he'd probably have to pay about...what? The remainder of his caps? He had already lost about ten caps, which left him only with ninety. He needed to stop wasting it, and start using it for survival when hes out of Stableton.

But he had to get rid of this addiction (find something to fill the candies place) and everything. He drank down a large gulp of the beginners beer, which was slowly getting better. It didn't help that the addiction was making him a little tired. Or was that the drink. He shrugged it off, and looked at the two's conversation. This conversation was probably very much private, or at least close to it. He slowly turned his seat to the mare who said that Mint-als was bad. "Im beginning to see what you mean." He said to her, and drank a little more only to find that he had reached the total bottom of the drink. The surprise was evident, but it didn't last for more then a second. Shield felt like he was half-assing it at the bar. "Hey, uh, Atriark was it? Why dont you come over here?" He said with a kind voice. He was a little more sympathetic to Zebra's since most ponies basically shunned them. Almost everyone knew Zebra's let off the megaspells, of which the casualties are what Blazen could not comprehend. He tried not to think of raiders, that would lead to more bad things.
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 am

Atriark turned and faced the drab earth pony stallion. He could feel the Scotch starting to affect him. Hopefully, he wouldn't be drunk for long and instead be unconscious. But, while he was conscious, he might as well talk.

"Yeah, you wanted me?" he said, taking a few hesitant steps toward the pony calling for him.

"Has anypony ever told you that you have wonderful yellow eyes?" Atriark asked. Come now Atri, you don't swing that way.

He blinked and addressed the lovely baby blue unicorn mare. "And you, what is a beautiful mare like yourself doing in a dirt end town like this in an even dirtier bar such as this fine establishment? I'm certain that a mare like you could easily find herself in places like Tenpony." Atriark bowed slightly to her then addressed the brown stallion. "I am not one for attention, but why do you want mine?"

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Blazen blinked, a little stunned by the guy telling him he had 'wonderful yellow eyes'. A stallion (or zebra) never told another stallion that unless...he mentally shuddered. He also complimented the mare that was by him. He smirked, but his smirk was not really a smirk. It was more forced then it was natural. He stood silent, but he definitely looked a little disturbed. Was he just hit on by a Zebra? "I, uh, just wanted to say hi."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Winter visibly winced and had been startled a few times as ponies came and began to flock to the area around them. The 'breaking horn' comment made her grit her teeth as she could hardly imagine how painful that would be, although she'd treated it before on a few occasions. Minutes latter a new pony had arrived through teleportation magic which she found quite interesting, from the fact she'd never seen a Unicorn actually use it before without setting something on fire by accident. Even if this one did land on some tables, the fact he pulled it off was quite impressive anyway. When he introduced himself and said 'hi', she gave a curt nod before bringing her glass to her lips, taking a sip before placing it back down once more.

She still remained standing, unsure of what to do but in all honesty didn't really mind. At this point she was kinda easing into the situation and the ponies around her didn't seem like the violent type so she was beginning to settle down on the inside. Well that was until a zebra approached, the same one she saw from the bar earlier. He made a comment at the brown buck which led her to believe his barn door swung the other way.. but that completely changed when he began to address her. She was a little taken back by the comments he made and even more so when he did a small bow. No pony, or zebra had ever bowed to her and truthfully she'd never considered herself to be 'beautiful'. She smiled before speaking, a little unsure how to react to the sudden compliment, "T...Thank you. But I'm really just an average mare" she said with a sheepish smile. She was definitely flattered, maybe she should ask his name. It would be polite after all, "Excuse me.. sir. What is your name ?" she asked softly.

Last edited by Winter Bell on Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Way to go Atri, ya unnerved him. 'Remember your manners Atri,' came the voice of his mother in Atriark's mind. Hopefully you didn't break him.

"Well hello, it is nice to meet you." Atriark said, tilting his head forward. Atriark addressed the mare. "My name is Atriark, you can call me Atri or Ark if you wish. And ma'am, you are more than just an average mare. You are one of the most stunning mares I have had the pleasure of meeting."
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Wed May 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Cocktail replied to Cross's question as he wiped down a glass. "I've been better, Cross. I'd be ding even better if you hadn't just sent one of my heavier drinkers to the water tower. So long as he doesn't drown in there, I guess I- HEY!"

Just at that moment, Lucky vaulted back over the bar, and landed on all four hooves. He had a bottle clenched in his teeth, this one filled with a clear liquid that had the semblance of water. He set the bottle down on the counter, and popped a cork out of the top.

"Dammit Lucky, What'd I tell you about doin' that?"

Lucky grinned. "It's not like I'm not gonna pay for it," he said as he poured himself a glass. "And I KNOW you love when I put the moonshine on my tab. Want some Cross? I'm buying tonight."
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed May 16, 2012 1:19 pm

"Sorry Lucky....I don't drink, not going to reprimand you though and yea.. and I sent the dreg into there, I'll probably get him out within an hour or so, or he'll escape, either way hopefully he won't be so rude next time. ...by the way, don't drink the tap water for a few days...." Cross lowered his head and lifted his Sparkle-Cola, he hated addiction but Sparkle-Cola was just too delicious to resist. Once he settled the bottle on the bar once more he turned again to Lucky.

"So Lucky, 'bout my question...."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Wed May 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Winter Bell smiled. She was very slightly red in the cheeks but it was purely from embarrassment since she wasn't used to these kinds of pleasantries and therefore wasn't entirely sure how to respond to them. "Thank you... Ark" she said before raising the glass to her mouth once more, finishing the cool liquid before placing the empty glass on the bar to be collected. In an effort to make conversation she thought she may as well ask where the Zebra came from, "So I don't suppose you're from Glyphmark ?" she asked.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Lucky downed the shot of grain alcohol without a hitch. He smacked his lips and belched, then looked back at Cross and said, "What was it again? I was a bit busy grabbing my drink." He then looked at the glass, then at the bottle, then back to the glass. "Why the hell am I even using this thing?" He tossed the glass behind the counter, much to Cocktail's disapproval, and slipped his hoof around the moonshine bottle.

"Lucky, if you ain't dead in a year 'cause your liver's rotted out, I'll be amazed," said Cocktail in his usual gruff voice.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed May 16, 2012 1:31 pm

"Alright so as I was saying..Draw, are you still mad about what happened? Have they told you why I had to?...." Cross silently cursed, he forgot that Lucky's attention span was incredibly low, and his former addiction thanks to the town "doctor" didn't really help much.

Cross let out a visible sigh, If he wanted to talk to Lucky, he would be here awhile....
    Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Atriark Wed May 16, 2012 1:35 pm

"No ma'am, I do not come from Glyphmark. I," Atriark scratched his mane, unsure how much he should tell her.

One of the things he finds the most uncomfortable, aside from a lot of attention, was talking about his past. It's not like it was a terrible past, it was actually the opposite. It was a happy time for him, but that happy time came crashing down in a horrific and bloody event. Most of his memories usually ended with that.

"am from a stable actually." Atriark admitted, taking note of the redness. Hopefully that meant Atriark wasn't making a fool of himself. Honestly, he didn't much care, he had Scotch in his belly.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Wed May 16, 2012 1:41 pm

"See, I don't know about the others, but I don't really hold much of a grudge against you. All I know is, you didn't shoot me during the whole battle, and that's good enough for me. Atleast I don't THINK you shot me..." With that, Lucky put the bottle to his lips and drank deeply, a full third of the contents slipping down his throat in one go. He set the bottle back down on the counter, belched again, and reached into one of his suit's pockets.

From his pocket he produced a dirty set of playing cards, and held them out in front of Cross. "Care fer a game?" He was beginning to slur his words.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Wed May 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Winter was quite surprised by this considering she hadn't actually been inside of a Stable before. She heard some pretty nasty things about them though, such as the tests they supposedly ran and the traps they apparently contained. She recalled hearing about one that used sound to drive the inhabitants mad. She personally couldn't imagine anything worse. To live with constant static in your ears day after day. "Oh" was her simple response. Truthfully for the first time in a very long time... she wasn't actually sure what to say. And that was something strange for Winter who usually found it so easy to speak to just about any pony.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 pm

"Alright then....I hear you're a bit Lucky,....but you could also say I'm a bit lucky myself, Hey Atriak and Winter Bell, want to play a game as well? Don't worry bout Lucky, the funeral bells are ringing cause he's dead drunk." Cross trotted over to a Blackjack table and waited for the others, along with getting dealt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am