Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

2 posters

Brave Souls [Sound Wave]

Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Brave Souls [Sound Wave] Empty Brave Souls [Sound Wave]

Post by Zuberi Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:13 pm

"Hello~" called a voice. "Wake up, its time to wake up!" called the voice again, sounding friendly and soothing. Though ghostly, and far off. "Wake up, wake up, wake up, sleepy head~"

Zuberi took a wet rag with his hooves, and let it drip on the sleeping pony's face. Vision began to clear up, and the face of Zuberi came into clear view. "There we go..." he cooed.

The pegasus Sound would wake to find himself with bandages all over, laying on a bed in a room of the Stableton clinic.

"Hey, welcome back! How are you feeling? Head all fuzzy still?" Zuberi asked, putting a hoof on Sound's shoulder.
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Brave Souls [Sound Wave] Empty Re: Brave Souls [Sound Wave]

Post by Sound Wave Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Sound Wave let out a groan as the light hurt his eyes, forcing them shut immediately after cracking them open. "UUrrrrghh...." He groaned, feeling like he just died, came to Tartarus for a beer-fest and came back with the most unholy of hangovers!

Weakly lifting up a hoof to press it against his forehead, the Pegasus tried to sit up only to be held back by some invisible- oh wait, he was mummified.... right. Damn bandages and their restricting powers! "Ooh... W-what...?" He started to speak, his speech was slurred, damn he felt awful.

"Hey, welcome back! How are you feeling? Head all fuzzy still?" Slowly, but carefully opening his eyes, the Pegasus found himself staring up into an angel once more. "Oooh... Hey Zubi.." He smiled, a light blush coming across his cheeks. "Y-yeah.... head's all fuzzy.... feel like I just got the world's worst hangover..."

Turning his head this way and that, the Pony made a confused look before turning back to the Zebra. "How did I get here...?" He asked, the last thing he remembered was heading back to Stableton with the others and Tom and then after that.... nothing. "Everything's.... so... bright..." He hissed softly, his eyes being kinda sensitive right now.
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Zuberi gave a slight chuckle, then turned to grab some medicine from the desk on the other side of the room. "Well, I'm no doctor, but the doctor who treated you said that due to the lack of blood, you carrying a boulder was probably not a smart idea. You passed out, and then I and another pony carried you here."

He retrieved the medicine, and brought it over to the wounded pony. He used his teeth to remove the cork of the bottle, and then slid his hoof back behind Sound's head and lifted it, using the other hoof to hold the bottle to his lips.

"Drink this, it will help with the fuzzy head and the weak feeling. And the pain, to some extent." He watched for a moment to make sure it was all gone. "What you did for us, it was... very brave. Kind of stupid, but... brave. I really appreciate what you did," Zuberi said, giving a brief smile to Sound.
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:36 am

"Oh yeah... now I remember..." He smiled, looking almost dreamy as that last bit jogged his memory before quickly changing to one of worry. "What about Tom!? Is he okay!? Somepony had better NOT be scribbling stuff on his rocky features! How long was I out?"

The Zebra didn't say anything and instead left to go grab a bottle, uncork it with his teeth and come back to lift the bottle neck to his suddenly parched lips, urging him to drink for the sake of his health and to rid himself of the awful headache that threatened to make his brain explode. After a quick mental debate, the Pegasus relented and began to guzzle down the contents, with each gulp he could feel his aches slowly numbing to an extent that it went from near paralyzing to mild discomfort. As the last few drops went down his throat, he gave a sigh of relief as he felt MUCH better than when he had awoken. "Thanks..." He murmured, smiling up at the Zebra as he leaned back into his bed.

"What you did for us, it was... very brave. Kind of stupid, but... brave. I really appreciate what you did," Returning the brief smile, the Pegasus gave a wink. "Hey, sometimes stupid is the way to get things done. Besides, can't leave a handsome Zebra like you to be sold off as a slave and let go to waste." His expression then turned to one of mischief, his tone light with teasing intentions.
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:52 am

Besides, can't leave a handsome Zebra like you to be sold off as a slave and let go to waste. Zuberi blinked, a slight blush tinting his cheeks. He gave a bit of an awkward smile and turned away. "Yes, okay. Thank you," he said a bit wearily, then looked back to the bottle.

"Anyway... The doctor said to give this to you when you woke up. You feel better? She said I could stay in here and watch over you for a while. OH, and Tom is fine. Don't worry about Tom, he's right where you left him when you passed out," Zubi said with a bit of a chuckle.
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:58 am

"Anyway... The doctor said to give this to you when you woke up. You feel better?" The Pegasus nodded as he gave a slight smile. "Yeah, much better thanks... What's in there anyway...?" He peered into the now empty bottle, as if trying to will the bottle to refill itself with the stuff and tell him it's secrets. "Didn't taste like any health potions I've had..."[/i] He murmured mostly to himself. First time he's ever heard of a health potion that helps with hangovers.

"She said I could stay in here and watch over you for a while.

"You don't have to do that you." He raised a brow at the Zebra, an appreciative smile on his face as he slowly got up into a sitting position on the bed. [/i]"OH, and Tom is fine. Don't worry about Tom, he's right where you left him when you passed out,"[/i]

He let out a sigh of relief, a hoof rising to his chest to give it a little pat. "Oh thank goodness.... wait. Where DID I left him..?" He wondered aloud, now looking confused as he tilted his head.
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:10 am

"I'm actually unsure of what's in it..." Zubi said, looking at the bottle again. There was no label, just a plain glass bottle formerly filled with a bright blue, glowing liquid. "The doctor said it was some kind of revitalizing potion. Cool magic, ain't it?" Zubi asked, tossing the bottle back onto the desk.

"Whoa whoa!" Zubi suddenly cried when Sound started to sit up. Zuberi put his hooves on Sound's shoulders and helped him. "Take it slow, okay? She told me not to let you do a lot of moving around," he said with a chuckle.

Sound acted relieved to find Tom was okay, though he could tell he was still joking. Zubi chuckled some more. "Hah, well, Tom is fine for sure. I'm not really sure where we were when you passed out, we were more concerned with getting you to safety."

Zuberi turned around and sat on the edge of the bed, leaning over towards Sound. He looked onto Sound's face for a moment. "I... I can't cant quite stop thinking about what you did. You started the shooting with what you did, and... You had to have realized the imminent dangers of it, even if you didn't think you'd get hurt..."

Zuberi shook his head. "I'm just... I'm so grateful you did that for us. For me." Zuberi looked down and watched his hoof shuffle the sheets on the bed nervously. He didn't know why he felt nervous, but he did. Like there was something more about this pony. Zuberi looked back up to Sound, and waited for a response.
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:49 am

"The doctor said it was some kind of revitalizing potion. Cool magic, ain't it?"

"Since when magic isn't cool?" He rhetorically asked as he gave the Zebra a bit of a grin. It was kinda true though, Magic was AWESOME in SOOOOO many ways! Plus, a revitalizing potion? Imagine all the hang-overs it could cure! "Gonna get me some of those potions the next time I'm out drinking." He chuckled.

He jumped however, when Zuberi-Zubi His mind reminded him. He said to call him Zubi if you preferred it. Which I do, he mentally agreed -when Zuberi suddenly cried out. "Whoa whoa!" Looking up to the Zebra in alarm, he was somewhat taken aback by his yelling. He was just about to ask if something was wrong when the Zebra put his hooves on him and helped him to sit up. He couldn't help but blush. [/i]"Take it slow, okay? She told me not to let you do a lot of moving around."[/i]

Nodding his head, the Pegasus waved a hoof at the Zebra in a jesting gesture of dismissal. "Yeah, yeah. But I'm a Pegasus, we have to move around or we'll be nervous wrecks from the overwhelming boredom!" He whined, although the playful look was still in his eyes.

The Zebra then mentioned something about not knowing where they were when he finally collapsed. Sound Wave let out a dramatic and very playful wail. "Noooo, Tom! What if somepony rocknaps him!? " Damn, it's getting hard to keep a straight face. "He's probably pining for me to rescue him! Let me go! Let me go!" He started to flail his limbs only to have the sheets entangle him and wrap around him and tie him up like a mummy! Curse thee, bed sheets! Why hath though forsaken him so!? Struggling with his back-stabbing bed sheets for a bit, he then turned to the Zebra and flashed him the puppy eyes. "Help~" He squeaked, his eyes BEGGING for Zubi to rescue him from the ebil, ebil bed sheets!

As soon as he was out, the Pegasus raised his fore hooves into the air in a gesture of triumph!. "Freedom!" He fell back in his bed with a gentle plop, not seeing the Zebra take a seat at the edge of the bed until he spoke up. "I... I can't cant quite stop thinking about what you did." Perking his ears in attention, the Pegasus looked down to the Zebra and tilted his head, all sorts of playfulness and mischief gone as he now had a serious look on his face. "You started the shooting with what you did, and... You had to have realized the imminent dangers of it, even if you didn't think you'd get hurt... I'm just... I'm so grateful you did that for us. For me."

Bracing his hooves against the bed mattress, Sound Wave winced as he pushed himself back up into a sitting position, damn his muscles still sorta ached. With a grunt, he rested his back against the headboard and shuffled his wings to a more comfortable position.

Looking at the Zebra with his head turned down, the Pegasus gave a bit of a smile, reached out with a hoof and gently lifted up his chin to look him in the eye with that gentle smile of his. "Hey." His voice was uncharacteristically soft as he spoke to the Zebra. "It was no trouble at all. Really." His smile grew as he went on. "Those slavers. They had no right to do what they did to you. NOPONY has that right no matter their reason and who they are. I just did what was right."

Then his smile turned into a playful grin. "Besides, I got to meet a totally new and awesome Zebra right?" He nudged him in the side, trying to lift up the Zebra's spirits. This was unlike him in some manner. Usually he makes a little joke, crack wise or a hug to cheer somepony up. But this Zebra.... Seeing him like this, nervous and all, made him uncomfortable and immediately thought his usual tricks wouldn't be appropriate. He wanted him to be comfortable around him.
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Zuberi was at a little bit of a loss for words at the witnessing of the sheets taking Sound hostage. This pony is crazy! he thought, but this kind of crazy was far from the bad kind. He chuckled a little, and helped release him from the sheets evil hold.

"It was no trouble at all. Really." His smile grew as he went on. "Those slavers. They had no right to do what they did to you. NOPONY has that right no matter their reason and who they are. I just did what was right."

Zuberi smiled. His eyes wandered back down to the floor, however. "Yeah, I guess..." was all he could mutter.

"Besides, I got to meet a totally new and awesome Zebra right?"
    Zuberi laughed. He looked up to the pegasus and smirked. "Well, I guess I am pretty awesome. I'm just kidding, I'm not awesome at all. All I do is walk around looking at ruins and drawing maps of them."
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:35 am

THERE we go! He finally got him to laugh! Sound Wave laughed along with him as he did but couldn't help but blush at how his laugh sounded it was.... Melodic in a way. "Well, I guess I am pretty awesome. I'm just kidding, I'm not awesome at all. All I do is walk around looking at ruins and drawing maps of them." Wait, ruins? Maps? With a gasp, the Pegasus grabbed the Zebra by the shoulders and gripped him hard. "You're like the map-making Zebra version of Daring Do!" His eyes lit up in a,'ohmigoshyourelikeatotallycoolarcheologistthingiethatgoesontotallycooladventurestakemewithyou' kind of way. Daring Do was, and STILL is, his most favorite book series ever since he was a little Colt! His family always took extra care of the old books and treasured them almost like family heirlooms. One of his many regrets, before he 'left' the Enclave was that he was unable to bring the books along.

"Well, no wonder you got yourself captured by Slavers!" He then huffed and folded his hooves. "You didn't have anypony with you when you were out there, did you?" His Stern frown turned into a grin as he then relaxed into his bed.

"And since I'm stuck in here for who knows how long, mind telling me of some of the adventures you've had in said ruins?" He grinned. "I could certainly use some reference points too. The wastes are getting more and more dangerous everyday for a Courier like me!"
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Zuberi was shaken like a dog while Sound had a fangasm moment. When the earthquake seized, Zuberi let his mouth drop open a little. "Daring Do!... I don't know who that is." It was true, Zubi never had time to read much, nor did he ever come across books that weren't destroyed or illegible.

"Well, no wonder you got yourself captured by Slavers!" He then huffed and folded his hooves. "You didn't have anypony with you when you were out there, did you?" Zuberi frowned. "Yeah... I was all alone. I was just sitting up against some rubble, eating an apple and writing in my journal, when out of nowhere, this slaver reached over the rubble behind me, and snapped that collar on me. I never saw it coming... Kinda lame, ain't that?"

"And since I'm stuck in here for who knows how long, mind telling me of some of the adventures you've had in said ruins?" He grinned. "I could certainly use some reference points too. The wastes are getting more and more dangerous everyday for a Courier like me!"
    Zuberi put his hoof to his chin and thought for a moment. "Pointers, okay... Don't eat weird plants. As for stories, well... I have some, but, they're not that interesting."
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:29 pm

"Daring Do!... I don't know who that is."

"What!?" Sound Wave's jay dropped, eyes wide and brows furrowed in disbelief as he gawked/glared at the Zebra before him. Never heard of Daring Do!? That's.. that's.. That's like saying you never heard of Princess Celestia or... or... who the daleks were! Stammering and babbling incoherently for the first few seconds at the Zebra, the Pegasuz finally managed to gather himself before once again gripping the Zebra's shoulder's by the hooves.

"Zubi, my friend." He looked deeply into the Zebra's eyes, his own eyes of violet peering into his very core as he held a most serious expression. "We must find you a Daring Do book before it is too late!" Seriously this Zebra NEEDS to read a Daring Doo book! Who knows what horrors there are of not knowing!?

Then he went on about how he got captures, apparently he was just munching on an apple when a Slaver came up behind and snapped the collar right on him! Those sneaky slavers! Sneaking around and slapping collars on people! They're like ninjas. SLAVER NINJAS! Oh noes! The wastes are in trouble now! "Kinda lame, ain't that?"

"Nooo~" Sound Wave waved a hoof at him in return. "Not lame! Slavers cheated!" He then proceeded to pout by puffing out his cheeks before resuming his usual, 'on the verge of grinning' face. "Pointers, okay... Don't eat weird plants. As for stories, well... I have some, but, they're not that interesting."

"Awwww.." He pouted once again, his cheek puffing out as his lower lip stuck out in that childish way as he folded his hooves once again. "PWeeeeaaaaaassseee?" he begged, putting up the puppy eyes as he tilted his head towards the Zebra's way. "I'm interesteeeed~"
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Zuberi looked around for a moment, then turned back to Sound. "Um... If you find me a book I can try reading some of it on my trips. I don't get much time to read, mostly have to write. As for stories, well..." Zubi put a hoof to his chin and tried to think of a good one.

"Well, one time my parents and I-... um, step, parents and I, helped this whole town not die by finding random little plants in the wasteland. Wanna hear that one?"

Zuberi waited for a response, and began. "Well, this was about when I was just six years old, I think... I was just a little colt, and my par- step parents and I were out on one of our caravan trips. We found a patch of these plants we had never seen before, and picked the fruit off of them. We didn't know if it was edible or not, but we took some anyway."

Zuberi wasn't too thrilled about telling stories, but since he started, he began to get into it, using his hooves to speak as well, and changing his tone or volume when necessary. "Apparently, there was this herd of big horns that always came to eat the fruit. And they showed up as we were leaving. We might have given it back to them if they had asked, but they didn't. They just started shouting and charged at us when they saw us near their plants.

"There was a big fight! I didn't have a gun, but my parents started-- I mean my step parents started to shoot at them, and had to dodge out of their ways. I climbed on my step mom's back, and we started to run, my dad was shooting back at them as they chased us up this hill. We got to the top, and dad shot them all as they climbed up after us. I mean, my step dad did; and they eventually gave up.

"So, after we got away, we went to this little town that was having a hard time getting food. So we went to trade the fruit with them, and they freaked out. They knew exactly what it was, and went and planted it. They made a huge garden of this fruit, and had plenty of food from then on."

Zuberi let out a sigh, and let his head droop a little. "I miss my parents... I mean, my step parents..." He glanced back to Sound, then returned his gaze to the floor. "I miss my parents parents, too... But I lost them when I was way small. I barely remember them. All I remember, is that they were great zebras... And that they died to save me."
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 pm

"Um... If you find me a book I can try reading some of it on my trips. I don't get much time to read, mostly have to write."

"Sure thing!" The Pegasus beamed at the Zebra as he nodded his head, making mental notes to keep an eye out for books that were still in some readable condition.

"As for stories, well..." Zubi put a hoof to his chin and tried to think of a good one. Well, one time my parents and I-... um, step, parents and I, helped this whole town not die by finding random little plants in the wasteland. Wanna hear that one?"

OOh! THAT sounded REALLY interesting! Tucking his wings close to his sides, Sound Wave gave a most happy nod and snuggled into his pillow and covers, this was going to be good!

"Well, this was about when I was just six years old, I think...

Okay this was going to be EVEN BETTER! His thoughts mentally corrected his last mental statement, his a huge grin on his face as he paid rapt attention to the Zebra, who at first looked uncomfortable but then started to get more and more into the story and soon was waving his hooves around as if trying to get the actual scene to appear in thin air as well as changing his tone of voice as his recounted his amazing adventure! It was so darn good, Sound Wave was starting to make 'Ooohs' and 'Aaaahs' at the most appropriate moments!

The Story eventually escalated as a herd of big horns came by, apparently they've bee eating off the plant and seeing some strange ponies helping themselves to their food didn't make them happy which then led to a huge fight between them and Zubi and his parents. Oh my! Sound Wave's eyes went wide at this, and they managed to get through it all alive! Amazing! As the story ended with the nearest town living happily ever after with a brand new garden from the Plant's seeds. Sound Wave couldn't help but blurt out. "Your Parents are AWESOME!" He beamed, his wings flaring out at his sides as he leaned towards the Zebra.

His amazed and joyous nature slowly faded away as he saw his companion's face. His wings slowly folded as his shoulders went down, his head tilting to one side in concern. "I miss my parents... I mean, my step parents..." They shared a glance before Zubi went back to staring at the floor. "I miss my parents parents, too... But I lost them when I was way small. I barely remember them. All I remember, is that they were great zebras... And that they died to save me."

With a sympathetic smile, he reached out with a hoof and grasped the Zebra by the shoulder. Giving it a comforting squeeze, the Pegasus softly said to him. "If it helps.. I miss my parents too.." It wasn't a lie, he's been missing his parents ever since Day 1 in the wastes, often times he would find himself looking up at the sky wondering what they were doing right now. Were they missing him just as much as he missed them? "But if I know one thing, I know that they'd be VERY proud of you, both your parents AND your step parents."
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Zuberi smiled, and looked up to the pegasus as he placed a hoof on his shoulder and squeezed. "I know... thank you... My parents were just wanderers. I was born on the trail, and followed along with them. Something happened... I can't remember it very well, but I do remember running away into the wasteland, and them staying behind so I could get away. My step parents found me, and took me in. They were a couple of earth ponies who had a caravan. They raised me, and we wandered the wasteland too... They died trying to protect me too..."

He turned away from sound, and wiped a tear away. He looked back to Sound and smiled, though. "Well... what happened to your parents? Where are they?"
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:28 pm

His hoof gave Zubi's shoulder another comforting squeeze as he talked about his parents and step parents. It was so sad, loosing both of them to the wastes like that, especially his actual parents as he couldn't even remember what had happened to them. Without even thinking, Sound Wave leaned forward and gently nuzzled the Zebra's cheek and gave him a soft, if somewhat awkward, smile. Though he was kinda disappointed to see him turn away, he brightened up almost immediately when the Zebra faced him and smiled again.

"Well... what happened to your parents? Where are they?"

His smile fell from his face as fast as a radroach scrambling to it's little hole in the wall. Oh buck, what was he going to tell him? He knew from his first few experiences of being in the wastes that Enclave were NOT a likeable sort around here. Looking away for a moment t give it a thought over, he pretty much figured that he couldn't NOT tell him about his parents after his opening up like that. But what if he starts hating him because of his past? Wait, why did he care if somepony, especially THIS pony, or zebra in his case, would hate him? His thoughts conflicted as his conscience was urging him to NOT tell the Zebra and yet tell him at the same time before finally coming to a conclusion.

With a little sigh, Sound Wave bit his lower lip and slowly looked up to the ceiling, as if he could see the sky right through the make-shift roof that sheltered the clinic from the sun and rain. "Up there..." He replied, his voice low as his eyes stung a little. "I don't really know what they're doing right now to be honest, ever since Day One, I've been wondering, were they missing me?" Spying the look on the zebra's face, The Pegasus gave a little bit of sad chuckle. "Oh that's right... I haven't told anyone about where I'm from, huh? You see..." He sighed again. "I'm a Dashite.... A Pegasus who has forsaken the Enclave to live on the earth beneath the Cloud Cover." Shifting his weight atop of the suddenly comfortable bed, Sound Wave could only give Zubi a sad smile as he lifted his wing a little bit and pulled down his blankets to reveal the brand that forever marked his flank and destroying the true cutie mark that lay beneath.

"No, it doesn't hurt anymore..." He suddenly said as the sad but still very soft smile never left his lips. "It did at first though, hurt like a bitch." He chuckled bitterly. "But after while it.... just stopped hurting."

Damn, he never went on and on like this when talking about his past, the few and very rare times he had though were always quick, short, cryptic, a change of subject and that was it, but somehow, he found that he was comfortable to talk about almost anything with this Zebra....
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Zuberi grimaced a bit, thinking he had hit a wrong nerve or crossed some line when he asked about Sound's parents and then watched his smile turn into a frown. But he started telling Zubi about them, which meant he may not have necessarily ruined the conversation. He couldn't smile as Sound told his story, and then he showed Zubi the bran. Zubi looked, and grimaced a bit again as he took in the sight of the scarred skin in the shape of a cloud and lightning bolt.

He looked up slowly, a bewildered and frightened look on his face. "Well..." he started slowly. "You're not with the Enclave anymore, right?" he asked. He lowered his head, and looked back up. "We cant help where we're from, or what family we're born into. But you realized something, and left- so clearly you made a decision to leave the things that hurt you and others behind."

Zuberi scooted closer, and put his hoof on Sound's shoulder now. "You are no Enclave... You don't dive in on a group of slavers to rescue total strangers when you're with the Enclave."
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:03 pm

"Well..." The Zebra slowly started. "You're not with the Enclave anymore, right? We cant help where we're from, or what family we're born into. But you realized something, and left- so clearly you made a decision to leave the things that hurt you and others behind."

Sound Wave wordlessly nodded his head as he listened to the Zebra's word. They rang true and they made a lot of sense but.. that's the thing, Sound Wave already knew all this, heck he's even accepted it... but he still missed his parents all the same, his friends too.. even if they did turn his backs on them. Buck, why was he getting all sappy and sentimental anyway? He never really dwelled on thoughts and feelings like this for long!

The Pegasus felt the weight on his bed shift, and something slowly wrap around his shoulder, looking up, he found himself staring into Zubi's eyes and blushed. Quickly looking away to hide the rose tinted cheeks of his face, Sound Wave froze when he heard what else the Zebra had to say.

"You are no Enclave... You don't dive in on a group of slavers to rescue total strangers when you're with the Enclave."

A moment of silence befell the Pegasus and after awhile it seemed like he wasn't going to speak at all but as he gave a bitter but somewhat lighthearted laugh, his sad smile turned a little more jolly as he nodded his head. "Yeah,.. I guess you're right. Guess they were lucky to get rid of a nutcase like me, huh?"

Once again the ever familiar crazy, lighthearted grin came onto his face once again, his eyes a little brighter as turned to face the Zebra.
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:45 am

Zuberi laughed some as well, and smiled at Sound. Clearly what he had said cheered him up, it made him feel good. "Yeah,.. I guess you're right. Guess they were lucky to get rid of a nutcase like me, huh?"

Zubi let out a snicker. "No no, you're not a nutcase... You're just too bold for those tin can, toy soldiers." Zuberi smiled some, and stared into Sound's eyes for a moment or so. He had no idea why, but he liked this pony. More than he usually liked ponies he just met. Yet, even more strange... Zuberi had the strange urge to kiss him. Like he'd have with a mare he really liked, but Sound wasn't a mare. He had no idea why he had that feeling, but there it was.

The only thing he did was look away and make a face as he pushed the weird thought out of his mind. He soon turned back and smiled at Sound again, however, letting out a chuckle. He disregarded the thought as some random nonsense his brain made sporadically, and therefore did not blush.

"So... what is it you do now? Here on the surface?" he asked.

Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 am

"So... what is it you do now? Here on the surface?"

"I'm an adventurer!" He almost immediately answered, looking quite proud of himself as he gave a rather fierce looking grin. "I scour the wastes fighting insane ghouls, mutated roaches and Celestia knows what else! I travel form one end to the other and take zigzags in between, I give ponies special deliveries at times of two or three~" His words were starting to sound more and more like some rehearsed advertising jingle. His hooves began to make dramatic gestures in the air and with himself as he went on, a look of determination, adventure-hungry and great excitement on his face.

"Whether it rains, or snows or hails, the Couriers shall deliver your mails!" He finished, looking quite proud of himself. "Yep! I travel GREAT distances just to give ponies what they need and I'll be too happy to oblige!"
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Zubi's eyes went wide, and he scooted back some to allow Sound his gestures. His smile went wide as well. He listened, and watched as the pony before him described everything he did, and it made Zuberi quiteexcited! When he was done, Zuberi stared with his excited look still.

"So you're a courier?" He grinned. "That's awesome! That's my kind of job! I'm a traveler of the wastes too, I just wander around making maps and stuff, though. I've been a trader, a caravaner, a courier, but what I've always loved is just exploring, discovering, and documenting where nopony has gone before."
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 pm

"So you're a courier?"

"That's right!" Sound Wave nodded his head in a prideful manner. "I deliver mail from one point in the wastes to the other! Got it's fare share of excitement and a great view of the wastes when I travel!"

"That's awesome! That's my kind of job! I'm a traveler of the wastes too, I just wander around making maps and stuff, though. I've been a trader, a caravaner, a courier, but what I've always loved is just exploring, discovering, and documenting where nopony has gone before."

Suddenly an idea popped into his head! With a loud gasp, he grasped the Zebra by the shoulders and gave him a most excited grin. "I have an Idea!! Since we're BOTH traveling anyways... why don't we travel together!?" He asked, his eyes wide as they twinkled with some sort of excitement. "You'll still manage to map out the wastes and I'll still be delivering mail but we'll be seeing TONS of things on the way! Plus we can keep an eye out for each other and not get captured." He teased the zebra a little at that last part, gently poking him in the ribs and he giggled.
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:05 am

Zuberi's eyes went a bit wide. "Yes! I think that could be a good idea, actually! I have the maps, you have the packages to deliver- yes! It could be a mutually beneficial decision," he said with great excitement. "Also, two ponies together are much more equipped to fight if necessary... You have no idea how many times I've gone into a fight wishing I had backup... Or, maybe you do, as a fellow adventurer of the wastes. We should do this, oh yes. Its a fantastic idea!"
    Sound Wave
    Sound Wave
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sound Wave Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:00 am

"Yes! I think that could be a good idea, actually! I have the maps, you have the packages to deliver- yes! It could be a mutually beneficial decision,"

"Exactly!" Sound Wave made an expression of pure excitement as he vigorously nodded his head. "Together, we'll be unstoppable!" He cheered, flaring his wings wide as he waved his hooves in emphasis. "You could help me get to my destinations faster AND find the places where I need to deliver my mail and I could help you get to those hard to reach spots to add more things to your maps!"

"Also, two ponies together are much more equipped to fight if necessary... You have no idea how many times I've gone into a fight wishing I had backup... Or, maybe you do, as a fellow adventurer of the wastes. We should do this, oh yes. Its a fantastic idea!"

"I know! We should!" He laughed, "Would you believe, I've been chased down by a horde of ghouls more than once!? Luna be damned, I thought I had to save my last bullet to shoot myself in the head in case they ever caught up with me! But yeah, we SERIOUSLY need to join up, it'll be safer, it'll be productive and fun!"
    Zuberi
    Zuberi
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Zuberi Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Zuberi rubbed at his chin. It would be an excellent idea! But then, he'd have to split his loot. That's okay, though, because Zubi would love the company, and the extra gun if things got dicey. But what said he could trust this pony he had just met. Sure, he was nice, but Zuberi knew nothing about him other than he was crazy, a dashite, and liked rocks. Being a dashite said a lot, but it still didn't quite sing the same tune Zubi was looking for.

He turned back to the Pegasus. "Yes, it would be a great idea! I'd love to do it, but for now, you need to lay back and take it easy," Zuberi said, using a hoof to ease Sound back onto his pillow. "Are you hungry? Or thirsty or anything? Hot or cold?" he asked sweetly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm