Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+9
Blitz
Rad Boom
Shooting Spectrum
Mona Tones
Kira
Blast Cap
Petal Shard
Big Rodeo
Lightning Flash
13 posters

Lost Caravan

Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Lost Caravan Empty Lost Caravan

Post by Lightning Flash Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 am

A worried looking pegasus stood quietly in the Stableton Hospital. The pegasus, Lightning Flash, was looking over all the doctors and the patients and watched as all the doctors were forced to hold off treatment to some of the ponies due to a dwindling supply of chems and other supplies. A caravan was suppose to arrive and resupply the hospital but for some strange reason, it is late. It's already been a couple days and the caravan was still not here. This did not sit well with Lightning. He just recently spoke with some of the town officials and managed to convince them to not only accept but fund a search party of his choice.

Walking out of the hospital, Lightning quickly pulled out a flyer that he had made and stuck it to the wall of the hospital. He would take off into the air and began putting flyers around posts, walls, pretty much anything he could find. The flyer read:

Missing caravan!
    Volunteers needed for search party!
    If interested, meet in front of the town's armory.
    Caps will be provided as a reward.

Once all the flyers were posted, Lightning came to a soft landing in front of the armory. He silently prayed that ponies would come and offer assistance. Hopefully the promise of caps will attract some ponies.
    Big Rodeo
    Big Rodeo
    Level 7
    Level 7

Lost Caravan Empty Re: Lost Caravan

Post by Big Rodeo Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 am

Rodeo slowly trotted up towards the armory where the volunteers were told to meet. Rodeo didn't know why, but he felt he should help. Caps were nice, but there was something more... He just, for some reason he couldn't quite tell, liked this town. Stableton had become like a home that wasn't a home to the wandering pony with no real stakes. He was born in New Appleoosa, but that was hardly a home for him anymore. Stableton just seemed like a better place. The ponies were nice, and the booze was cheap.

That, and the fact that Rodeo was always looking for good ways to help ponies- and make money- drew him to walk straight towards the armory rather than the saloon where he had been heading.

He walked up to Lightning, a pony he didn't know who had just been standing there. He stopped, and stood for a moment, just staring at him. "You the one who put them posters up all over?" he finally asked. "Ah'm in."
    Petal Shard
    Petal Shard
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Petal Shard Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:38 am

Petal Shard looked over the flyer pinned to the post in front of her, "missing caravan, huh..." she muttered to herself. The flyer didn't give any details about possible threats or what kind of reward was on offer beyond caps but still Petal had personal reasons for taking up the job. With a slightly annoyed sigh she trotted off toward the armoury where those interested where to meet.

After a short trot she arrived at the armoury and glanced around for the pony that had put up the flyer before spotting a likely candidate, "if you're the pony that put up the flyer about the missing caravan then I'm here to volunteer" she said to the other Pegasus.
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:32 pm

Blast walks into the Stableton Weapon Stall to stock up before taking on the job that he saw on a flyer.

(enter Stableton Weapon Stall, Barter 21)
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Kria was still not sure how she had found the flyer now that she was standing at the designated location outside the town armoury. She had just been minding her normal business while she walked to road and when she kicked a old tin can the flyer feel out of it, she was so confused about what it did in there that she took it and read it.

That was how she had got news of the job even if she still have no idea what that flyer did in the tin can. She looked a the assortment of ponies that also was here because of the flyer, she walked up to Lightning Flash and gave him a quick look over before asking him: "Did you put up all these Flyers? and if so how do I get in?"
    Mona Tones
    Mona Tones
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mona Tones Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 am

It was an unwritten law of the wastes that, anypony looking for work, should hit the saloon first. Ponies trying to drown their sorrows, rumours picked up by the barkeep, and the drunken mumblings of patrons could all lead to a big payoff if one was willing to listen.

This was why it was so strange that when Mona left the 'The Rusty Cowbell', that she was no closer to a new job then when she entered. The place had been oddly quiet, and all it got Mona was a slightly calmer mind from the glass of Absinthe she had spent a few caps on while there.

Come on...there has to be something going on. Stableton usually always has some trouble or oth-wait a second, what's this?

Stepping over to the flyer she had just spotted now on the side of the Saloon walls, Mona gave it a quick look over, before turning to trot towards the town's armoury. A promise of caps was more then enough to get the Unicorn's interest, and she was no stranger to Caravan paths. This job sounded very interesting...

-----

As she approached the armoury, Mona noticed that a party had already began to form. She trotted up to the small crowd, noting they were all crowding around a blue pegasus.

"I assume you are the one to ask about the search party."
    Shooting Spectrum
    Shooting Spectrum
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Shooting Spectrum Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 am

Spec trotted up to the meeting point. Looking over one of the flyers she had picked up to double check the information. From the quickly scribbled lettering to the amount of them littering the streets while others were being claimed by the winds (having her the one she held in her hooves attack her while in mid-flight, no doubt) it wasn't hard to guess how badly the poster was looking for help in finding this caravan. Sure the caps would be nice but what was really on the for-front of her mind was just what would compel somepony to go through such an effort to recruit other for simply retrieving a missing caravan.

Stuffing the Flyer away she took one last look at the entrance of the building, letting out a sigh releasing all her fear and anxiety that she felt from ear tips to hooves. Up until now she had only really taken small Courier jobs. But something about this flyer just compelled her to break out of that role. With one last shake of her ivory mane she walked into the meeting place and with a quick once over she picked out logically just who was bringing this rag-tag team together. With her fears washes away at the doors her usual smile was softly back in place. "So I can see this is the group to find the missing caravan" this was a statement rather than a question as she quickly sized up the small mix-match of ponys and a griffon and found the odds as far as she knew to be rather well " count me in as well " With confidence in her voice she looked to the blue Pegasus that everyone else was turning too and was obviously the person responsible for the flyers
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 am

Rad floated along through the town on his wings, he was as good as walking, but to the pegasus it was the principle of the thing, he had wings, so he would use them. The notice about the caravan had interested him, caravans don't just disappear so it had probavbly been attacked. He drifted along to where they were supposed to meet, and sure enough there were a group of ponies. "Hey, i'm here to help with that caravan trouble ya mentioned. I assume I have the right place."
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 pm

There was already quite a gathering of ponies here, but there was always use for more, especially hard-heads like Blitz. Trotting up to the group, Blitz looked at the others before smirking. "Alright, I'm ready to help find this caravan, how hard could it be?" He rhetorically asked with that smirk still standing strong before he looked to the pony arranging it all.

"Where was the caravan last seen then? I'm guessing we could go from there to try and find it."
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Lightning paced impatiently for the first pony to arrive. When he did, the pegasus let out a small breath of air. So there was some ponies interested...good. He opened his mouth to speak but before he had a chance to, a flood of ponies began pouring in and all of them wanted to help with this search party. Quite a better turnout than he expected.

Lightning felt a slight twinge of stage fright but the blue stallion quickly cleared his throat. "Uhh...Ahem. Wow, didn't know so many ponies would be interested...umm...Alright, here's the situation. I'll make it brief. A supply caravan was suppose to arrive in Stableton several days ago. Obviously, it didn't. The caravan was suppose to be carrying supplies for Stableton Hospital which is desperately running low on chems and other things. I'm worried that something might have gone wrong and therefore, that's where you come in. I can't provide much in terms of supplies for you but I'll allow you all to coordinate among yourselves on what you want to grab before you leave. I will pay you all with caps when you return home here, with the supplies hopefully, and with the news of what happened. Any questions?"
    Petal Shard
    Petal Shard
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Petal Shard Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:35 am

Petal Shard listened quietly then shook her head, "no, it all seems pretty strait forward to me" she side with a weave of her hoof. She thought for a moment about what supplies she might need then remembered that since she didn't know exactly what was waiting for them when they found the caravan that she couldn't know what supplies to get. Logic dictated that stocking up on general essentials made the most sense but she didn't really have the caps to get useful amounts of everything she'd need, "guess I'll just trust my luck" she muttered as she shrugged the though off.
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Blitz listened to the explanation of what happened, nodding slightly in understanding before there was a request of sorts for any questions. "Nope, no questions here. All I hope for is some fun and for everypony to get through this in one piece." Blitz said before adding with a chuckle. "Because I sure as buck can't fix anypony."
    Shooting Spectrum
    Shooting Spectrum
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Shooting Spectrum Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Spec. remain silent and stoic, a trait many learned to do. Showing emotion was a weakness and as such either you gained a 'poker face' or you learned to run or speak well. That didn't stop the mares feathers from being ruffled as they fidgeted wanting to propel her into the sky and get the caravan found. Alas this was the blue Pegasus lead and other customarily were in need when working as a group. Her smile clean wiped off her face as she put her hoof down.
    She knew pieced of papers just didn't attack people randomly, with a slight flick of her tail she became focused on what needed to be done and what was needed of her."Nor am I a medic, Flight and Sneak are my fortay " she left out her skills with energy weapons simply for the fact she neither had one nor felt up to asking for one just in-case she damaged it in any fashion the guilt would make her feel horrible." No questions on my end" she looked around at the rest of the group, restless to go find the caravan and help the in need hospital.
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 pm

The grypohoness listened to Lightning as he talked it seemed very strait forward, caravan disappeared all the time it was just the way of the wastes it demanded sacrifices and the caravans was part of it. Still wanting to try to find one was understandable. It was probably raiders or bandits that and attacked and taken out the caravan taking it out because to the supplies. "No, no questions." She answered as she made a quick not of the others around him trying to remember their faces.
    Shopkeep
    Shopkeep
    Trader of the Wastes!

Post by Shopkeep Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Stableton Weapons Stall Inventory:

8 9mm Pistol Value: 155
    1 Single Shotgun Value: 271
    4 Varmit Rifle Value: 116
    3 Dynamite Value: 40

2 9mm Round Value: 1
    1 20 Gauge Shell Value: 1
    1 5.56mm Round Value: 1

865 caps to trade with.

*note 1 'round' is a full clip
    Mona Tones
    Mona Tones
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mona Tones Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:24 am

Mona listened to Lighning talk, as she absorbed the details into her head. Any little bit of info could be handy, and this was no exception. Once he was done talking, she spoke up.

"Do you know how many were travelling with this caravan."

She asked, the question not actually sounding anything like a question though, once it passed her monotone. Knowing how big the caravan was would be important...if it had been large, then she would have to gear up, since anything that would strike a large caravan would clearly be packing some serious strength or firepower. If it was small though, then it could have been anything...radscorpions, raiders, giant ants, crazed radhogs, the list of dangers in the wastes was practically endless. Which meant a more 'rounded' loadout would be better suited.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Lightning gave a quick nod to the ponies that didn't have questions and quickly turned his attention to the pony that did. "The caravan usually consists of about four to five ponies. They like it smaller so they aren't detected as easily in the wastes." Looking over the rag-tag group, he frowned a little at their equipment. It didn't look like they had much. "The caravan generally travels on a path north of Stableton. That is where you will be searching. The path is a little mountainous so expect some climbing. Also, I have some equipment that I'm going to loan out."

Lightning pulled out a hunting rifle, equiped with a scope, and set it down on the ground. He then took out a box of ammo for the rifle and set it down next to it. Taking out his own 10mm pistol, he set that down as well with a box of ammo to match. To top it all off, he took out two health potions and put it down on the ground in front of them. "The weapons here are for you to use. Keep in mind, I expect it back in one piece if possible. But those health potions are in case something goes wrong. I won't be coming on this journey with you ponies. There are things I have to do here in Stableton. But when you return home, deliver the supplies to the hospital if you have them then meet back here at the armory. If I'm not here, ask for Lightning Flash. I'll fly over and give you all your rewards. If there is no other questions, I'll leave you to your planning."
    Mona Tones
    Mona Tones
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mona Tones Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 am

The second the Rifle was offered, Mona set her eyes on it. She preferred a more automatic weapon, but she could easily handle a rifle, and it would go a much further way then her 9mm side-arm.

"I'll take the Rifle. I've used them before."

She simply stated, as she stepped over to the weapon and levitated it into the air, giving it a quick once-over. It was only smart to check a weapon first before using it, no matter the situation.
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Blast looked over the inventory of the shop. "i will take those three sticks of dynamite and one round of 9mm" setting down the caps he needs.
    Shooting Spectrum
    Shooting Spectrum
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Shooting Spectrum Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Spec looked at what was laid down, and then to her own stuff. Anything could be better than what she had so picking up the 10mm she quickly inspected it, getting use to the feel of it , before nodding a thank you to the blue pegasus and collecting the ammo that came with it "I'll try my best to get it back to you"
    she would much rather have an energy weapon but this was hospital supplies and no shorfalling should happen on such a mission important as this. Waiting for the others to get prepared and ready taking notes on what Lightning instruction and directions.
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Kira did not care and getting any extra equipment as she was already carrying enough explosives to take out a small building. Instead as the other geared up she went though her own gear and check making sure everything was up for well everything, one could never be sure what was out there so she had to be ready.
    Shooting Spectrum
    Shooting Spectrum
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Shooting Spectrum Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:01 am

Spectrum looked around as it seemed everyone was content or at least it appeared that way, maybe it was just her demeanor on missions but it felt like her legs and wings were on fire and this sitting around was slowing eating away at her patience. "So-" her voice came out stern and serious nothing like how she held herself when she was outside the place, nor how she introduced herself before hearing about the mission "If everyone is content and ready we should head out now" she nodded her head towards the entrance.
    Coin Flip
    Coin Flip
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Coin Flip Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:16 am

"... What kind of..?" Coin started to say as he entered the town full of.. Alive Ponies?... Are there more then just my town? I had suspected... but i had never thought so many... or so Organized! This was a sight indeed... Wait... is that a poster?.. Something about a caravan? i had better check it out... "Hey somepony do you know where the Armory is!?" he said to a passing civilian.

"Yeah shure just right that-a-way!" the earth pony said...

After some time looking around watching all the... People... Coin Flip found the Armory, he approached the small crowd and said "Hey... Do any of you speak Equetrian?" Coin asked cautiously...
    Big Rodeo
    Big Rodeo
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Big Rodeo Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:42 am

Rodeo was completely happy with all the equipment he had on his person. Nothing there seemed like it was necessary, nor did he want to spend the caps. He was there to make caps, not waste them. He checked his ammo and his weapons, sat back, and was ready to depart.
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:26 am

Blitz simply stood about, looking around at the other ponies as they got ready to go themselves. "I don't need anything, so I'm good to go anytime."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am