Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+4
Whitefeather
Jasmine Beat
Ash Health
Winter Bell
8 posters

How to do Medicine

Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

How to do Medicine Empty How to do Medicine

Post by Winter Bell Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Winter was on her way towards a classroom, located in the upper levels of Stableton Hospital. She had advertised the class around town, hoping to teach ponies about how to look after themselves properly and how to save lives. With some luck maybe a few of them would actually become doctors and work here in the hospital. Goddess knows they could use the staff.

She trotted at a casual place, turning a corner as she made her way down the final hall towards the room. It was a room she'd seen before and had once sat in through lectures and orientations when she'd just started here. She never once thought that she'd rise to Chief of Medicine before she moved away to Tenpony. And now here she was, back again to teach as best she could.

She smiled as she approached the class. Her students had a busy and rather eventful day ahead of them.
    Ash Health
    Ash Health
    Level 2
    Level 2

How to do Medicine Empty Re: How to do Medicine

Post by Ash Health Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:49 pm

"Okay this cant be as bad as school in the stable," Ash muttered to himself sitting in a chair one leg slightly shorter than the others making it wobble, "well that's the same..." he looked around at the other ponies and griffin in the room. He sighed it didn't seem like there were too many medical professionals here but then again in the wasteland anypony could be a doctor under their dirt covered clothing. He checked his pipbuck's time and noticed it wasn't long before class started "Looks like it's going to be a small turnout." he groaned the boredom bothering him he laid his head down on the desk watching the door. The only thing left to do was wait.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:07 pm

Jasmine opened her notebook after taking her place in the front row and opened her note book to a fresh sheet. She lowered her nose and smelled the musty pages, sighing after taking in their aroma. Jas sensed more than years of storage on the face of the book, she sensed opportunity and couldn't wait to begin class.

Today was an event she had been looking forward to for some time, and the spirit of research was overtaking her. After leaving the stable she spent a great deal of time searching for her place in the wastes, perhaps it could be here at the hospital. Jas shifted in her chair trying to aquire the perfect position, her chair squeaked with every slight movement. She looked over to see a white unicorn make a comment and responded after making a sigh of contentment.

"I know, ithn't it wonderful! A thmaller thtudent to teacher ratio will betht compliment the learning enviornment! I jutht can't wait to thhee who'th going to inthtruct uth! OOH! What bringth you to clath today mithter?"
    Ash Health
    Ash Health
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Ash Health Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Okay this one ran at a mile a minute. Ash looked over at the orange pegasus and smiled. If eagerness accounted for anything in medicine this one would be a world class medic. "Uh...I... my name is Ash Health and I came here for the same reason as you learn more about practicing medicine." He answered almost as if he was being interviewed. "I am also trying to become a better doctor. Didn't teach much about wasteland wounds back in the stable." Ash checked his Pipbuck still a few minutes before class starts. 'It can't hurt to get into a small conversation.' He thought

"So any idea who is in charge of this class miss... uh im sorry but could i get your name?" Ash started tapping on his desk getting a bit restless in waiting for the teacher, checking his Pipbuck's clock every minute or so.
    Whitefeather
    Whitefeather
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Whitefeather Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:02 pm

Whitefeather had read the notice that had been left up all around Stableton, she didn't really care about the latter reason but as for watching out for herself, that was a whole other story. She planned to live some years out in the wastes despite her body's ever plot to have her die young as such she has been collecting every bit of medical knowledge that she could get her talons on. So the idea of getting first hand knowledge from a hospital none the less sounded wonderful to her.

So making her her way up to the designated classroom she walked in the room spotting two ponies in conversation, Looking around the room for a few seconds before swiftly taking a seat in the front, just a bit grateful that she was a smaller than average griffon as it appeared the seats were mainly focused for ponys rather than griffons.
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Cuppa slowly trailed her way up to the upper levels of the hospital, of all the buildings in Stableton, this was the biggest apparently. Regardless, Cuppa was slow in making her way up, she found herself to not be a big fan of high-places, even if there were plenty of walls between herself and the outside right now, she didn't like being in a tall building compared to a ground-floor only building.

She felt a bit ashamed, already a member of staff in the hospital, but still taking this class that a mare, Winter Bell, was teaching... She just felt a bit inferior with her medical know how, especially if Stalliongrad was any show for her medical skills, which the very same mare running this lesson had seen, the brown unicorn would need this class to actually do something about her apparent lack of skill.

Entering the room with the others, Cuppa gave a small smile and a nod. "Hey, everypony, Winter not here yet?"
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:10 am

Jasmine nodded and offered the white unicorn a friendly grin. "Of courthe you may get my name! And thince I'm feeling extra generouth today, you may have my firtht AND latht name!" Jasmine covered her muzzle to muffle the laugh she made at her own joke. "Anywayth, my nameth Jathmine Beat!"

It took a few moments of reflection before her head perked up at the mention of a stable. "OOH! Tho you thay you're from the thtable-AND a doctor!? That'th awethome that you want to thtay current on all the rethent medical innovationth...Ith thith courthe primarily geared toward treating wathteland woundth?! I probably should've paid better attention to the thyllabuth, I jutht want a learning experienthe that may gear me toward the medical field. I'm thinking about changing my profethion."

As the two new students walked into the room Jasmine gave each individual a friendly wave. She heard the rust colored unicorn ask a question and despite being confused about what exactly she wanted, she tried to answer just to be helpful. "Winter? Latht I checked it wath thtill autumn..."
    Ash Health
    Ash Health
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Ash Health Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:22 am

Ash smiled and nodded as Jasmine continued her endless speech. Usually he might have been annoyed with somepony as talkitive as this pony was, but her enthusiasm seemed to be sincere and seeing that in the wasteland was rare in itself. As jasmine finished her little speech Ash finally had a chance to respond.

"Yes i am a stable doctor. There isnt hasn't been too much medical innovation lately," he shruged and continued, "and i am fairly certain this course covers all medical treatment or at least begginers... I honestly need to learn more about treating gun shot wounds it seems like the most common injury here in the wasteland. Not many gun related injuries in the stable to practice on you know?"
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 am

Jasmine's ears lowered slightly when Ash mentioned that there weren't many innovations made. It was nothing she took personally, she just constantly got reminded how behind the times she was since she was new to this world. "Oh, I'm thorry Doctor! You thhee, I only emerged from a thtable a short time ago. I'm thtill learning and adjuthting to thith new life." Jasmine quirked her head as she inquired of Ash a simple question, "Do don't mind if I call you Doctor Health do you?"

Jasmine grabbed her pencil in her mouth and doodled along the top of her note book while she waited for class to start.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:03 am

While the students in the class prepared for the arrival of their teacher, another student was about to arrive...

Of course given who this student was, she would not be arriving in any normal fashion. That would be boring.

If anypony (Or Griffon) looked up, or had good ears, they may of noticed the violet magical aura enveloping the bolts that held a ventilation grating in place. The bolts were slowly twisted and slid out of their housing, one after enough, before the grating fell loose from its holding, only to be caught midair by the same magical aura, before it was slowly lifted out of the way.

Shortly afterwards a violet filly bounded out of the ventilation, landing expertly on one of the desks below. She glanced around the room while her horn continued to glow, the grating securing itself back in its place above.

"Alright, that was ea-Wait...This isn't origami class..." she said to herself, loudly enough though that everypony could here. She gave the room another look around, a concentrated look on her face, before she burst into a bright beaming smile.

"Oh well! I'm sure this will be just as interesting! Although I doubt it will have as many paper birds." she noted before turning looking around again. She gasped in surprise, as she had apparently just noticed there were others in the room. "Oh! There are other ponies here! And a griffon! Nice to meet you all, I'm Violet!" she gave a wave, still standing on the desk.

As she mentally noted all the ponies (and the one griffon) in the room, she noticed at least one in particular whom she recognized. "Oh, hey Jassy! Haven't seen you since the stable thing!" she waved at the clumsy pegasus.

Doc Trough
    Doc Trough
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Doc Trough Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:05 am

Doc Trough wandered through the hospital looking for the medical training that had been advertised. In his own opinion Doc did not need training in any form despite having once attempted to treat a bullet wound with three rubber bands and a broken door knob. Deep down Trough knew that raider would have lived if the door knob had been in better condition and the raider had not have lost three legs before being shot.

Doc Supposed the real reason he was going to the conference was to get some degree of medical reputation. He had tried treating people without them knowing who he was or who trained him before, but somehow the rubber band story just didn't assure them of his medical qualifications. With some-sort of backing from the Stableton hospital he could treat people for caps which he desperately needed.

Moseying through the hospital Doc made it a point to stop inside a random room, pick up the chart and read it. "Oh, Oh dear" he said while scanning over the information on the chart. "Oh? Oh what? Good Oh?" the pony the room was housing asked. "Oh this is horrible" Doc said before swiftly putting down the chart and walking out of the room. Trough headed to the classroom with renewed purpose; he really had to learn how to read those damn charts.

Arriving at the classroom Doc took a look around to see who his medical peers would be. Three unicorns, a pegasus, and a griffin eh? Five people who were still breathing in the same room was something that struck Through as very strange. Should Medical classes have more corpses for dissection or did this one just have a “gut what you kill” Policy? Ignoring the questions flying about in his head; Doc took a seat to the left most side of the classroom, he didn't think ghosts liked the general concept of left.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:45 am

Jasmine hardly noticed Violet's stealthy entrance as she was talking to Dr Health. Suddenly she heard the voice of the voilet filly she met back at the stable. When she turned her eyes initially widdened at the site of Violet, the horrors that the foals committed back in 113 were enough to scar even Jasmine. After a year of living under foal rule in the stable, Jas developed a borderline phobia of foals. But when she recognized the face of the filly that she strangely learned to trust, instead of leaping behind a nearby desk, her face developed an ear to ear grin.

Jasmine leaped out of her chair and fluttered her wings as she flew to Violet. When Jas arrived she gave the tiny filly a warm hug, not considering the foal's personal space. "Violie, I haven't theen you in quite thome time! Oh my goodneth, are you going to learn medical thkilth altho?!" Jasmine marched in place while giggling with excitement, "I bet you're planning to leave thith killing buthineth behind you, yeth. You're here like I am to hang up your weaponth and make the wathteth a better plath by healing everypony!" Jasmine gasped as she ran out of breath before continuing. "Ooh! You mutht thit next to me my adorable little filly!" Jasmine grasped the desk Violet stood on and dragged it toward the front row using her mouth. Her face strained from the discomfort of dragging a desk with her teeth, in combination with awkwardly using her flank to push the desks she bumped into while walking backwards out of the way. After ruining a few of the rows, she straightened violets desk next to hers, and have a nod of approval. "Perfect!"
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:17 pm

As the clock struck to the minute, Winter opened the door and cast it aside as she walked in, neatly closing the door behind her. She wore nothing but her saddlebag, seeing no need to wear her battle dress for teaching a class, though she kept her flower pin tucked behind her ear to accompany her mane. She trotted to the front of the class to where a big white board hung along with a pull down projector sheet. Around the room were various equipment including four examination tables which would serve to be apart of one of the practical tests she had planned.

She took off her bag and set it down beside her desk at the front, turning to observe the class. She gave a soft smile to them all, pleased to see there were some ponies and Gryphons with the willingness to learn. "Hello class and welcome to Medicine, my name is Winter Bell, but you may call me Winter or Bell for short. I'll be your teacher for the duration of your time here and I look forward to working with you all as we go through the world of Medicine step by step. For those of you wondering what qualifies me to teach, I've been delving into Medicine since I was a foal, I was trained in Friendship City and latter became acting Chief of Medicine here at the hospital, before I latter moved into Tenpony where I currently work" she said, her gaze soft and welcoming.

She smiled to each of them before she asked, "Now enough about me, I would like to go round and learn each of your names and a little bit about yourself, you may also include your medical knowledge if it suits you" she said before pointing to the female Gryphon, "Can you start us off?" she asked politely.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:19 am

Luckily for Jasmine, Violet was never big on personal space, and would frequently violate it herself. So she didn’t feel at all uncomfortable with the sudden hug, and in fact, returned it.

When Jasmine started talking about ‘giving up killing’, Violet merely glanced at the holstered trench knife by her flank, not saying anything as Jasmine rambled on a bit. Suddenly the pegasus started dragging Violet’s desk across the room, towards her own. The filly eeped but managed to keep her balance easily enough. She’d done it under worse conditions. When Jasmine got the desk juuust right, Violet simply smiled at the mare in approval, before flipping into her seat. The flip was, perhaps, unnecessary, but it was also fun!

Moments later, Winter Bell walked in, getting set up at the front. Vioelt had suspected Winter would be teaching the class, although she wasn’t entirely sure why. The filly was quiet as Winter started speaking, before glancing at the griffon in the room. Her glowing eyes gave the griffoness a quick once-over while she waited for her to speak.
    Whitefeather
    Whitefeather
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Whitefeather Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 am

The Griffoness watched as a unicorn filly dropped from the ventilation into the classroom and instantly started to be loud, talking about origami and other such things. Many would assume being the posh and a vain Griffon she is children would be high on her pet peeve list but that was the quite opposite, letting out a tiny smiles as the Pegasus and the Unicorn filly conversed. Although she though such a class was no place for a filly she would not question it as the wast was a place that forced the young to grow up swiftly. She remained to herself as all the ponies found it quaint to converse amongst themselves until the teacher came, which didn't take long as

Fea watched as Winterbell made her way in, orientating herself before addressing the small class and thus, like any teacher getting a bit of a social started, silently clearing her beak it softly clacked together once as she prepared to talk "Hello, My name is Whitefeather, but you may just call me Fea. I don't know much about medicine outside of caring for myself" she passed over the part of exactly why as she saw it wielding no reason to be a fact to tell to the group, only seeing it being beneficial to inform Winter herself for some special instructions maybe but she decided to save that for latter "I've just picked up bits and pieces here from my travels and I though this would be a wonderful place to learn" While coming here she had noticed the lack of staff and wondered if this was some ploy to get more staff, a quick flick of her tail at the though of this class having price passed her mind but one look at the mare and it was instantly put out "Although right now I am more concerned for my own health and those that would be of a field medic" making a stand quite clear on where she stood. But her eyes softly flickered over to the filly as well as the exuberant pegasus that had conversed with her, soft smile hid inside her but for those listening well enough they would hear more sincerity in Fea's voice "But if I was to ever work in a place like this, I would want to work with and help the children" the place she was reffering to being the hospital that they were in
    Doc Trough
    Doc Trough
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Doc Trough Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm

A little bit about yourself? The words made Doc Trough uncomfortable. He had not thought about how to introduce himself to someone without luring them onto a landmine In a very long time, he was also quite sure that high explosives would not be appropriate for this situation. Doc thought back to before his travels; back to when he was still part of a caravan. In those days Throughs' only concern was being able to sneak enough meds for recreation without them being missed. It was rather ironic Doc thought to himself; the very thing he was scolded for saved him from the same fate as the rest of them. He went through his things again; looking for something to help him relax. No dice; just a pistol, knife, and a small amount of caps. Trough briefly considered trying to trade the knife to the hospital by claiming it was a pre-war scalpel.

Listening to the Griffon put Doc at ease a bit, although he did wonder how she intended to administer medicine to a field; pediatrics was probably a better idea. Supposing it was his turn for introduction; Doc stood stood up from his desk “Hey everyone; you can call me Doc Trough. I was born into a family of traveling Doctors that stuck with a caravan. Me and the caravan....... parted ways awhile back and I haven’t really been practicing my medical skills since then. Suppose I’m mostly here to get acquainted with the field”. Sitting down Doc relaxed a bit; public speaking, despite popular opinion; had not killed him. While waiting for the next pony to do their introduction; Trough realized what the Griffon had meant by the word field and mentally face-hooved.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:27 am

Jasmine clopped her hooves after White and Doc Trough gave their introductions. Jas loved ice-breaking games such as this, and watched with anticipation for others to introduce themselves to the class. She waited patiently for the next individual to give a brief introduction. After a few seconds of silence her patience worn thin and stepped in to keep the spirit of the exercise moving. Jas raised her hoof politely and took in a deep breath before speaking.

"Hello everypony! My nameth Jathmine Beat, and I'm here to expand my knowledge of thcienthe! I am a freelanthe phythithitht(physicist) by trade, and have only been here in the wathtelandth with you all for a short time ath I only ethcaped my thtable a few month'th ago. I come from a fairly thcientific family, and wath raithed with the belief that it ith important to never thtop learning, and to have an open mind.

The reathon I'm joining thith clathh ith to empower mythelf to help make a differenthe in the world. With hard work, perhapth I can try to provide aid to individualth who are in need. I wath lucky enough to grow up pretty sheltered from all the horrorth that motht have had to deal with, and feel that I need to repay the world for giving me a comfortable life... Minuth the latht year in the thtable, ... -But that'th a thtory for another day."

Jasmine smiled as she looked around the room, and offered one last sincere statement. "It'th a pleathure meeting you all, and let'th get ready for thome thcienthe!"
    Ash Health
    Ash Health
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Ash Health Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 am

Well that's a few introductions down Ash took the opportunity to make his own introduction. After Jasmine finished her little speech Ash spoke up. He was nervous about this first impressions were not really his thing. "My name is Ash health I have been studying medicine since I was a young colt. I lived in a vault until about a year ago. After my parents passed away I became a doctor and studied various forms of medicine...Uh I am taking this class to improve my knowledge on all things medicine and to learn about the various afflictions that plague all wasteland wanderers... Specifically bullet wounds back in the vault those were not as common as they are out here. Other than that I guess I am looking to help as many ponies as possible and be able to care for myself in this dangerous place. If possible I also wish to seek employment at this hospital. Well I mean if they even are looking for employees."
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Seeing her own chance to introduce herself, Violet spoke up.

“Heya everypony! My name’s Violet Star, or Violet, or crazy-filly-with-the-glowing-eyes...Although I think the last pony to call me that got his tendons cut after going after me with a cleaver...Anyway, I’m from Friendship City too, just like Winter! Although I haven’t been back for awhile, bad things happened there. Anyway, I’m here to sharpen up my medical skills so I can help lots of nice ponies with things like bullet wounds, gaping holes in their chest, and severed limbs!” ‘While also learning how to cause some of those to mean ponies easier, with any luck.' she mentally added.

“So, nice to meet you all!”
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:18 pm

After everypony else was done, it was Cuppa's turn to introduce herself, so she gave a sheepish smile before she started. "Ah'm Cuppa Beans, ah help out here in the hospital anyways, but... Ah could always do wi' learnin' more 'bout medicine." She said as she gave a nod to everypony in the room and took her seat, introductions must've been over now, seeing as she was the last one to talk.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Winter smiled and made mental notes of names and experience as they all introduced themselves. When every pony was finished she swept her gaze over them before speaking. "Well it's lovely to meet you all, now let's get started, shall we" she said as she turned towards the board, taking up a piece of chalk in her magic as she wrote on it with surprisingly neat hoofwritting. When she finished she set the chalk down revealing the words she left on the board for all to see.

An Introduction to Medicine: Chems

Winter turned and cleared her throat before beginning. "Through out the wasteland Chems are often used as substitute medications and even supplements to replace various elements that the equine body needs to survive. Although Chems are useful and carry plenty of potential, they've gained a bad name from being misused by certain kinds of drug addicted ponies. But don't let this dissuade you from considering them in your medical practices" she said before she walked from beyond her desk.

She levitated papers and set one down on each students desk. It seemed to be some kind of test. "Fill this out to the best of your ability and see if you can assign the Chem to the appropriate treatment" she said as she once again returned to her desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fill this out and wait for your lecturer to pick it up once the time has reached it's limit, you have thirty minutes.

Test Paper

Radiation Poisoning:

Severe lacerations:

Broken bones:

Internal and external pain:

Blurred vision:

Poisoned:

Strength deprivation:

Sleep deprivation:

Dehydration:

Hyperventilation:

Taint:

Doc Trough
    Doc Trough
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Doc Trough Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:10 am

Doc relaxed a bit; if the class was over treating drug addicts than he was well within his element. Thinking back to the last time he had treated an addict made Trough snicker a bit; the poor sod had overdosed on Fixer of all things. The idiot had been trying to treat an addiction to Rampage with Fixer thinking that if he took enough of the stuff it would just outright cure him. In the end; Doc decided that he would just have to flush the stuff out of the morons system; unfortunately the only water available he could use for the flushing was out from a long abandoned toilet. Needless to say; the junkie had either perished during the treatment from the overdose or simply the lack of will to live; Doc had always suspected it was the latter.

While filling out the paper; Trough thought about the others taking this class with him. Ash Health had seemed quite the medical professional, or at least the closest you could get to it in the wasteland. The crazy filly with the glowing eyes disturbed Doc Trough; did everyone get this excited about bullet wounds, or had this unicorn just do metric tons of Dash in her free time? Cuppa and Whitefeather both seemed rather reserved to Trough; at least someponies here were sane. Docs though slowly turned to the teacher of the class; she was nothing like his last one. Back when Trough was still being taught the trade by his family; most of the lessons involved dodging incoming projectiles and balancing scalpels for long periods of time; he really hated those lessons.

Having finished his paper; Doc Trough gave it a quick look over.

Radiation Poisoning:
    Treatment: Hydra.
    Prevention: Rad-X

Severe lacerations:
    Treatment: Healing Potion.
    Prevention: Don’t get mauled.

Broken bones:
    Treatment: Magical Bandages
    Prevention: Stop jumping off buildings.

Internal and external pain:
    Treatment: Healing Potion (usually)
    Prevention: Just.... just don’t get mauled.

Blurred vision:
    Treatment: Pop some Steady, or get some glasses; your call.
    Prevention: Protective eye wear.

Poisoned:
    Treatment: Drink some Potions and flush out your system with water. (just don’t use toilet water). Fixer might help as well.
    Prevention: Drinking poison is a bad idea mmmmmmkay?

Strength deprivation:
    Treatment: Take some Stampede if you need strength now, otherwise just sleep it off.
    Prevention: Weight Lifting.

Sleep deprivation:
    Treatment: Dash should work, or just go to Sleep. No Really; it works.
    Prevention: Avoid becoming an insomniac, or get good at knocking yourself out.

Dehydration:
    Treatment: Water.
    Prevention: Still Water.

Hyperventilation:
    Treatment: Party-Time Mintals.
    Prevention: Just Chill.

Taint:
    Treatment: Find a Unicorn that can do it.

Did people in Stableton really treat all these things with Chems? Drug dealers must make a fortune in this town.

Last edited by Doc Trough on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:47 am

Violet Star mentally raised an eyebrow at the test they were given, it was certainly an...Interesting one. Although it was pretty much just going out of your way to justify using addictive chems in a helpful manner. She wasn’t even sure what the definition of chems was in this case, was it just the addictive stuff, or was it any chemical-based medicine? Violet decided to go with the latter, as she wasn’t sure some of these could be solved otherwise.

When she read the last question, she grimaced for a moment. Taint...She was not a fan of taint. Sure it made her who she was today, but she knew she was extremely lucky that it didn’t do something horrible to her. Not only that, her experiences inside that pool of taint, as well as the following months that took her to recover when she was completely blind, were not anywhere near pleasant.

Shoving those thoughts aside for now, the filly began writing, although she forced herself to once again go back to those thoughts when she reached Taint, and that may have colored her writing a tad.

Radiation Poisoning: Rad-Away, either ingested or, in severe cases, delivered intravenously. It’s pretty much made for this purpose, so should be obvious.

Severe lacerations: A health potion, which is technically a chem, applied directly to the wound site if possible, otherwise via ingestion. Preferably a strong on at minimum especially if ingested, and afterwards I would follow up with bandages although that is technically not a chem.

Broken bones: A careful application of Hydra to mend the bones, followed up by a weak health potion if it seems necessary, although it’s usually not. Hydra is of course pretty much designed to do this, so its use here is obvious.

Internal and external pain: Med-X delivered directly to the wound site(s). As a painkiller this is an obvious choice.

Blurred vision: Small amounts of Steady until the blurring is gone. The vision-strengthening properties of the chem should ensure that the patient’s vision is mostly cleared up, while only making sure just enough is used would reduce the chances of addiction. Although I’d probably only use this as a last resort just because of how addictive the stuff is.

Poisoned: Apply an antivenom or antidote of some sort. Those should technically be considered chems, even though they typically aren’t abused like the others.

Strength deprivation: Buck, ingested of course. It’s a steroid, so using it to take care of any limb weakness is rather obvious.

Sleep deprivation: Dash, applied in small amounts until the sleep deprivation is dealt with. The energy-boosting high Dash provides would combat most of the effects of sleep deprivation, and like Steady using only just enough reduces the chance of addiction.

Dehydration: ...Water? I mean, while I don’t think anypony would consider it a chem, it is technically a chemical, and I can’t think of anything better to combat dehydration besides some specialized chems that you can barely find in the wasteland. Just need to make sure you don’t give them too much too fast.

Hyperventilation: There aren’t really any chems that can treat this. If it’s caused by lack of oxygen then unless you have an oxygen tank around there’s not much you can do, and if it’s a panic attack or anxiety there’s even less you can do, besides trying to calm the pony down. A dose of steady might calm their nerves, but considering the drug’s addictiveness that’d be very extreme for a panicking pony.

Taint: Depends on the severity, although with just chems there’s not much you can do either way. If the patient only has minor taint infections then apply Med-X to the areas if they hurt and try to get to a hospital with better facilities. If it’s a severe case, and there isn’t anywhere like that around, all you can do is kill them quickly and painlessly before they suffer more, there’s nothing more you can do and there’s no chem to fix it, prolonging it in anyway would just be obscenely cruel.

Violet set her pen down when she was completed, her TK-writing rather neat. She cupped her hooves together as she waited for the time to finish and for Winter to take their tests.
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Cuppa looked at the paper that was placed before her and furrowed her brow, was such a thing really needed for this? She could just tell them the rights and wrongs of it all. Regardless, she levitated up a pencil to write it down.

Radiation Poisoning: Radiation poisoning can be treated and dealt with using a dose of Rad-Away, though more would be required for larger amounts of radiation poisoning. Rads can be prevented with usage of Rad-X to build up the body's resistances to radiation.

Severe lacerations: Clean the wound with medical alcohol, remove detritus from wound and stitch it up, wrap in medical bandages to ensure the healing process starts.

Broken bones: Splint or brace the broken bone after setting it in place if it's a limb, use Med-X to dull the pain and re-break the bone if needed, but wrap the damaged area with medical bandages to let the bone mend. If a more internal bone, surgery is required to set the bone.

Internal and external pain: Apply Med-X to the patient, then locate and treat the source of the pain accordingly, cleaning wounds and such.

Blurred vision: Don't know how to treat.

Poisoned: Treating a poisoned patient is rather simple, removing the cause and removing the toxins from the body and blood stream.

Strength deprivation: Not sure how to treat strength deprivation, perhaps plenty of food and rest?

Sleep deprivation: Bed rest and relaxation. Sleep regularly to prevent.

Dehydration: Locate a safe source of water and rehydrate patient. Have a good supply of water at all times.

Hyperventilation: The treatment is determined by the cause, normally supplemental oxygen helps treat it.

Taint: Treating taint is difficult, as nothing really stops taint from affecting a patient, but with the usage of magic taint can be removed.

Having finished the paper to the best she could, Cuppa set her paper in place and waited, granted, she hadn't put the usage of chems into the immediate fixing of medical problems.
    Ash Health
    Ash Health
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Ash Health Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:43 pm

now that the introductions were finished the teacher gave out a test. oh man did Ash hate tests. He hoped he was actually prepared for this. he lifted his pencil in a magical field and got started.

Radiation Poisoning: Best choice is to take enough Radaway to reduce your radiation levels to a normal level.

Severe lacerations: Depending on the severity of the laceration your options remain a dose of hydra. although not recommended unless the laceration is bad enough and there is no way to get a better treatment.

Broken bones: stampede

Internal and external pain: Med-x is a great pain killer apply though injection around affected area.

Blurred vision: Take a dose of steady

Poisoned: A dose Anti venom

Strength deprivation: Take a tablet of Buck

Sleep deprivation: get sleep or take some dash

Dehydration: Dash is your best bet.

Hyperventilation: I am not sure but i think mintals would help.

Taint: I dont think there is a chem for taint your best bet is finding somepony with the equipment to purge taint.

Ash set down his pencil as he finished his test his writing even with the assistance of magic was still sloppy and hard to read.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content