Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+5
Sanctity
Ginger Ale
Marcus
Viktor Diesel
World Warden
9 posters

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 25 Empty Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by World Warden Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:35 am

The wiry unicorn turned and slashed at the hooves holding his back leg. Despite the blood soaking his hooves, Spark Plug held fast, but the blood loss soon got to him; his eyes lost focus, and his head slumped. The wiry unicorn slipped free, and took one step towards Bell, who had scuffled backwards, and now had her forehooves over her head and was shaking in terror.

Before Wiry could take another step, (Mek unarmed: 52+27 = 79) Mek suddenly slammed into his side and knocked him to the ground. (Mek unarmed: 84+27 = 111, 12+27 = 39) He slammed one meaty paw into the unicorn’s face, but his quarry rolled away from his second strike.

It was difficult for Ginger to take a shot with a hulking mound of undead diamond dog standing over his target, (Ginger guns: 91+30 = 121) but during the scuffle, an opportunity presented itself, and the wiry unicorn’s head turned into a crimson mess.

Marcus ran over to Spark Plug and tried to do what he could, but the blood was rushing quickly. The buck was fading fast. His eyes turned towards Marcus, and with a laboured breath, he asked, “Bell... Is Bell... okay?”

At the sound of gunshots ringing into the sky, the olive buck sprang up in alarm. The navy unicorn he’d been beating took the opportunity to crawl away.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 25 Empty Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Mad Mek Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:31 am

Mek had his face about five inches from Wiry's when the whole world went into an all too familiar shade of red. The sheer sudden nature of it actually sent him staggering back, wiping the unicorn's vital fluids and bits of skull off of his visor and mouth. He stumbled about before falling over onto the ground, the familiar feeling of foam coming back up, and the world was twisting around. There was laughing, coming from somewhere. He didn't know where. He let out an unwilling growl, and he turned himself over. He spat some foam out onto the ground, and tried to wipe the blood away with the last vestiges of conscious thought. Thankfully, he was able to get it off before be completely lost his mind. He remained in that position, slumped over on his knees, breathing heavily.

Last edited by Mad Mek on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Ale lowered his rifle. He'd just killed one of the ponies that they had promised to protect. "Protect...BELL!" The unicorn suddenly remembered why he shot in the first place and ran to the filly. "Bell, bell are you okay?" He asked as he bent down to her level and checked her for any fresh wounds. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left you." He apologized.

(PER-7 checking bell for any wounds.)
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Marcus sadly looked down at Spark and knew that his time was over. Too much blood had been lost with no way to replace it of fix the damage. There was little hope that he could be saved, now.

He cast a glance over at Bell and noticed Ginger checking her over. He looked back at Spark and gave him a small smile, quietly replying, "She is alive and safe. You can rest easy."
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:24 am

Xeshir dropped her gun and quickly rushed to the navy unicorn´s side, standing between her and the slaves. "What the hell is wrong with you ponies!?" She asked, her eyes throwing daggers at the olive buck. "We save you, we care about you, and you start killing each other!?" The zebra said, her voice almost cracking, "I was told we were going to free slaves! Caravaneers who had been ambushed! Travelers who had been forced to surrender or die! We were never told we were going to be rescuing ponies who would kill each other at the first chance they got! What are you!? Ponies or raiders!?" The zebra stood her ground. If they tried to move past her, they were in for a rough time.

(Trying to intimidate hostile slaves. Speech 70. Using all AP to protect the unicorn from attacks, shoving, tackling or knocking down any attackers if I fail to intimidate.)
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:54 am

Spark nodded slightly at Marcus; he looked as if he was about to say something, but the glimmer of life faded from his eyes before he could speak the words, and his head lolled onto the ground.

As Ginger went to help Bell and check her for injuries, she seemed inconsolable. She hugged his leg, a mixture of crying and shock-induced shivering wracking her body, her teary eyes transfixed on her father’s lifeless form.

The olive buck backed off from the navy one, a smug look on his face when Xeshir came over. (Xeshir speech: 70+35 = 105) A few of the ponies Xeshir had censured looked more than a little upset. “Hey, I didn’t do anything! Yell at this idiot if you’re gonna yell at anypony.” The others seemed somewhat chastened to have been idly standing and watching the fight.

Suddenly, all eyes turned to the olive buck, and several of the former slaves began shouting and booing at him.

“No one likes you!” somepony shouted at him.

“Go make love to a radhog!” another one yelled.

“Savage! Brute!” shouted another.

An empty tin can flew at his head from somewhere in the crowd. He frantically cantered away, taking cover behind a fallen log. A number of ponies who’d once been turning a blind eye to the kerfuffle went to help the navy unicorn to his hooves.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Mek got himself to his feet, still a little edgy. He had no emnity for anyone here, but he signaled a thumbs up to Ginger while keeping a dour expression. The thumbs up complimented the shot, but his face suggested to never take a shot like that again. He turned his attention to the slave that had earned the ire of the others, and he flexed his arms about. Something was shrieking horribly, and the high pitched noise of the filly screaming bothered his sensitive canine ears. "Ginger, fer da love o' Luna, shut dat foal up. Can' hear meself think." He grumbled out. He directed a glare at Sanctity, and scoffed. "Ya had one job, Sanctity..." He muttered, taking off his helmet and wiping some of the blood off with a cloth.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Ale flinched when bell went for his leg. He always had a problem with others touching him but he wasn't about to try and pry the filly off. After a few seconds of thought he wrapped his own hoof around her and returned the hug. "I shouldn't have left. If I was here then I could have stopped this. It's my fault." He looked to bell and spoke in the most consoling voice he had. "Hey, hey, don't cry please. I know exactly what your going through and all crying will do is make you feel worse."

Ale looked over to the fathers body and sighed. Then he looked back to bell. "Bell. I promised your father i'd look after you. I still intend to keep that promise." If she wasn't already looking at him he'd place a hoof on her chin and turn her head to look her in the eye. "You have my word that as long as I live i'll never let anything bad happen to you."

(Foal at heart: Convince bell to stop crying.)
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 am

Sanctity felt numb as he stood there, watching the events just spiral out faster than he could think. He felt so sad, but not that burning, intense sadness that he felt some times. It was just a dull, slow, aching sadness that seemed to pervade him. He could have stopped this if he'd just let the other pony be beaten up. Oh, celestia, why had he left their side? It'd been all he'd been told to do.

There was a blank, despairing quality to his look as he traced his ees around the group of ex-slaves. They hadn't been worth saving, thought a part of him. They should have left them to die. Another part of him disagreed, reminding him that all ponies were worth something. No matter how amoral, you had to atleast try.

He sighed and looked away from them, laying down on the ground, his body feeling unusually heavy as he did so. He pulled out the hip flask Sanura had once taken from him, and quelled his problems the only way he knew how. By trying to forget them.
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Marcus bowed his head and closed his eyes when Spark died, trying to find some prayer for the moment. He hadn't known him for long, and what he did know constituted the stallion being a Slaver and a baba. In the end, he focused on how the stallion had decided to move away from being a Slaver, praying that there would be some forgiveness for that.

The sounds of a crying filly brought him to face Ginger trying to comfort Bell. His face dropped as he watched her cry. Bowing his head solemnly, he moved to try an block most of her view of the now dead stallion as he could, taking a moment to cover Spark's face with his hat. There wasn't much else for him to do now...
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Xeshir once again rushed to the side of the underdog, in this case the olive bug. She rushed next to the fallen log and blocked another can in mid-air with a swipe of her hoof. "Stop it ponies! I don´t want you harming each other right now! We´re extremely vulnerable to attacks by raiders or bandits!" Said the zebra, now rising her voice slightly. "Right now we all need to work together to make sure we survive! Once we reach Stableton you can discuss your problems, or turn to the Sheriff if someone harmed you or another! But right now, you need to SIT DOWN AND CALM DOWN!" The zebra did not shout those last words, but she put a more hostile tone to them.

If she did manage to sucessfully calm the ponies down then she would start distributing the food among groups, giving them either fruits or some of the hunted lizards, instructing them to cook it. Once that was done with she would move towards the source of the filly´s crying, not even asking why she was hugging Ginger´s leg and simply sitting next to her, patting her mane as she whispered "Ssshh." to her in a comforting tone, hoping to calm down the poor filly.

(Speech 70. Trying to make the ponies back down and stay calm for now. Also trying to make Bell calm down.)
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 am

Once Xeshir started berating them for it, the slaves lost their enthusiasm for angrily heckling the olive buck. With nothing especially interesting to occupy their attention, they shuffled off to set up camp. They accepted the offered food with gratitude, most quiet but sincere, a few begrudgingly.

When Ginger hugged Bell back, her grip on his leg tightened, as if he were her only anchor left in the world. She still cried despite his and Xeshir’s reassurances, and when he tilted her head to look at him, she was constantly blinking away tears.

“What happened to Daddy? Is he gonna be okay? Don’t let the doggie light him on fire.”
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Mek finished wiping off his helmet and returned to his given task. He put his helmet back on and gave his head a firm shake to make sure it was strapped on tight. He tried to ignore Bell's requests and picked up the sticks he had dropped, depositing them in an organized pile inside the fire pit. He was waiting for the right time to light the fire, since he had his doubts for how long it would last. He overheard Bell mention him and her father, and he couldn't help but to stare at the ground. He considered just giving it to her straight, without the sugarcoating that the others would give her. It was sugarcoating that would make her weak. He stood up, and walked over to where the group was gathered around Bell, making sure to growl at Sanctity as he passed.

He stood next to Spark's body and started to dig out a hole, talking as he dug. "Yer pop'z wif Da Sistas now, in a betta place." He said as he climbed out of the hole, patted the dirt out of his paws. He turned his attention to Ginger. "Oi, Ginger. Reckon Ah can borrow yer rifle fer da night?"
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Xeshir stopped patting Bell´s mane as she turned to Ginger and gave him a small nod, letting him know she was letting him control the situation. Hopefully he could manage it. When Mek spoke she was actually surprised of his tone and grateful that he had talked to the filly well. As she trotted next to Marcus she whispered in his ear. "Help the others bury the slaver...Please." She added with a tired tone before once again going her way.

The zebra sat down next to Sanctity and rested her head on his chest, not even caring if they looked like a couple. Xeshir let out the fatigue that she had been holding out and relaxed. "How are you holding up?" She asked Sanctity with a tired tone, her eyes looking up at him.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:58 pm

Ale looked down at the little filly in his hooves. His heart was aching for her. "Your dad...Your dad gave everything to keep you safe." He nodded at mek's words before adding. "I'm sure your father's in the embrace of celestia and luna right now." Ale's horn flared up as he picked his hunting rifle up off the ground from where he laid it and hovered it over to mek. He mouth a "thank you" as he glanced over to the freshly dug grave.

"C'mon bell, let's go get something to eat and set up camp." He said as he stood up and waited for the filly to let go of his leg before walking with her over to the soon to be fire pit.
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:07 pm

Marcus sat by and watched Mek dig the hole. He wasn't sure how much help he would be in helping dig, since Diamond Dogs were built for the task and Zebras were not. Marcus would be more of a hinderance than anything else. No, he would wait for the hole to be finished before acting. For now, though, he would just watch the digging.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 am

Bell looked at Mek, and then Ginger. It was unclear if she actually understood what was being said, but after a few moments of stifled sobbing, she relinquished her grip of his leg and allowed him to take her to get food and set up the camp. Every now and again, she looked back at the body until it was out of sight.

“Can I go back in the bag?” she asked while Ginger busied himself. “I don’t feel like eating.”

The slaves quickly helped to get a good fire going, and seemed to be in good spirits, exchanging stories about what horrors they’d experienced and what they’d do now they’d been freed.

With Bell out of the way, the body of the slaver was discretely buried, untroubled by the slaves as they did.

The evening slowly wore in, and as darkness descended, ponies began turning in for the night.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Ale was heating up a skewer of gecko when bell asked to return to the security of the bag. "That's fine bell, but if you get hungry just ask. Ale's watched the filly retreat into the burlap womb before returning his attention to the meal he was cooking. As he watched the flames dance and occasionally lick at the meat, his mind began to wonder.

"what am I going to do? She needs a father, am I really father material. I mean i was stupid enough to leave her alone with sanctity. No, no that's not fair he did his best. I shouldn't have left her alone. Hell she shouldn't be alone now." Ale finished his gecko and then trotted over to where his supplies and bell was. He saw the filly tossing and turning in her sleep and at that point instinct kicked in. He remembered a song his mother sang to him at one point in time, the words just came to ale.

"Hush now, Quiet now
    It's time to lay your sleepy head
    Hush now, Quiet now
    It's time to go to bed

Hush now, Quiet now
    It's time to lay your sleepy head
    Said hush now, Quiet now
    It's time to go to bed."

As ale sang bell seemed to calm and eventually drift off into sleep. "Shhhh, Everything will be okay." He said as he took the gecko skin tarp out of his other saddlebag and laid down on it next to bell. "Everything really is going to be okay." He said again more to himself then the filly as he closed his eyes and fallowed her into dreamland.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Mek rested Ginger's rifle on his shoulder, his free hand tapping on the ground he was seated on. He stood up, and started to walk a circle around the fire pit, rifle held at the ready. He overheard Ginger singing Bell to sleep, and promptly took the metal guide rod out of his pneumatic leg, effectively deactivating it. It toom him a little more effort to walk, but it wasn' making any noise that could wake up Bell. He stowed the pin in his outer coat pocket, and started humming a tune of his own. It was one of those pre-bomb tunes that somehow managed to stick in his head, even after nuclear explosions and centuries of solitude. It was a deep, almost jazzy tune, well replicated with his damaged chords. He lowered the rifle into a two-handed grip, continuing to circle the fire.

---Beginning my watch once everyone's dozed off.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am

Sanctity felt the soft warmth as Xeshir lay her head down on him. It was a comforting feeling, that of having someone who knew you nearby. He hovered the flask near her so that she could drink a little if she liked.

He looked down at her as she asked him if he was okay. There was split second of indecision before he forced a little smile to his lips as he looked down at her. She'd dealt with enough shit today, and done a damn better job of it than him. She didn't need any more rocks in her ruck. "I'm fine, just looking forwards to getting back." he said, before pausing. "You okay?" he asked quietly, as he moved a foreleg around her to pull her into a light hug.
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Xeshir let out a small "Thank you" as Sanctity offered the flask to her. She grabbed it and took a swing, feeling the taste of alcohol burn her throat slightly, but that was exactly what she needed right now.

She listened to Sanctity talk as she took another swing, but she could detect that he wasn´t exactly alright...But she would play along. "Yeah...Me too." Said the zebra, returning the flask those two swigs. She noticed the foreleg around her with a bit of surprise until she got the message. Her own foreleg moved around Sanctity and returned the hug, saying nothing.
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 am

Mek’s vigilant watch overnight was pleasantly uneventful. A couple of splinterdogs wandered by; they looked his way as they went, but they didn’t really do anything.

Morning soon came around. After consuming most of the remaining food for breakfast, the group set off on the final leg to Stableton.

It was lunchtime when they arrived; the small town was abuzz with activity as residents went about daily tasks. A few stopped to rubberneck at the newcomers the group had in tow as they arrived at Old Spur Legs’ store.

Through the shop’s grimy windows, it was clear he was inside, and after pushing the stiff door open, they saw the disgruntled buck standing on the other side.

He moved his eyes across the group, like he was doing a quick head count, though it looked like he’d skimmed a bit. “I was expecting more of ‘em. Ah, shoot. We’re not payin’ you lot to keep these dang idiots safe; it’s their own dang fault for pickin’ such a dangerous route.” He ducked under the counter and held up a jingling burlap sack in his teeth, which he dropped onto the counter with the requisite sound of hard-earned caps. “Yer pay. Take it and skedaddle, already.”
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:05 pm

The trip back to stableton was thankfully unmolested by slavers, or raiders, or infighting. It didn't take long for the group to find themselves back within the walls of the settlement. Bell shrank into the saddlebag when so many of the residents looked to the group. "Shy as always." ale thought.

When they reached spur leg's shop, ale noted what the big earth pony said about the groups size. Yeah they where two members down, but they weren't dead. The just up and left. Still it would make the cap distribution easier. He picked up the sack of caps in his magic and began counting out the rewards. "Lets see, 1500 caps, divided amongst 4 remaining members... no mek did enough to be considered on contract, so 5 remaining members. 300 caps a pop. Not really worth it." The unicorn split the sum of caps into 5 piles and levitated four of them to the others, and one to himself.

"Well, I think that's everything." Ale said as he stepped outside the shop with bell. He stopped in the street however to wait for the others. There was still the matter of the mustered buck's sister to deal with.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Mek tried to ignore the sets of eyes turned towards the group. They were probably all aimed at him. He hated this town, but it was his home. Home sweet home. When they came up on Spur's shop, Mek opted to stay outside and jus peek his head in through the doorway. He didn't feel like squeezing into structures made for citizens almost half his size. He was dissapointed that Sanura and Viktor didn't see this to the end. He assumed Viktor just scurried away when he put the dog in his place, but Sanura just dissappeared. The thought of her out there by herself was the only thing that plagued his mind. He was caught off guard by the stack of caps that was floated towards him. He took it into a single fistful and sat outside to count them. He smiled to himself. 300 caps. Caps that would all go towards a brand new set of smashing gloves.

He nodded at Ginger as he walked out, and stood up. Mek had a feeling there was some unfinished business.
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:08 am

Sanctity nodded in thanks at the caps, but remained ailent as the air of discontent hung around them. It hadn't been worth it. Nothing was worth that. He couldn't quite put his finger on what made the job feel so wrong, he only knew that it did.

As he walked out, he looked at Ginger. He closed his eyes for a second. How could he have let it happen? If he'd just... He sighed and opened his eyes. He pulled out a hundred of his caps and put them into one of Gingers pouches. "Keep her safe" he said quietly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am