Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+5
Athanix
Shutter
Lucky Draw
Sky
Starry Night
9 posters

Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED]

Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED] - Page 19 Empty Re: Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED]

Post by Shutter Fri May 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Shutter quickly dropped his 10mm...that was NOT supposed to happen.
    Instead of risking another shot, he decided on another course of action, as he ran around to the other side of the desk, trying to keep as far away from the struggle as he could without abandoning his goal.

Quickly, he used the chaos as a distraction as he started rifling through the desk, and Grape Vine's pockets while he was unconcious. It wasn't hard to figure out that Starry was probably already captured, and so Shutter searched for a key, or anything else that could be useful that the slaver might have had on him...

Besides, more guards could come bursting through that door at any second. Who knew if they would have a chance to search for something useful again?
    Athanix
    Athanix
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Athanix Sat May 12, 2012 1:45 am

Athanix soured his face as he was hit by the bullets of both the guard and Shutter. His shoulder had started bleeding a bit after that stupid guard made a cut in his arm with the bullet he shot. It was nothing he couldn't patch up later though, he had other things to deal with. While the guard was reeling back from his upper cut he channeled his momentum down through his hooves into his hindleg as he spun on his other hoof for a roundhouse kick to the guard while he was disorientated. He didn't know how he pulled the spinning motion off;

but it was good enough.

"Hey Lucky, could use some help here..!" Athanix said mid-attack once again.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 am

"On it!"

Lucky quickly put the buckshot shells in the weapon, and by the time Athanix's attack was over, he aimed the shotgun and fired one barrel at the second guard. Then he fired the second barrel, just to be sure.

While he was doing this, a thought ran through Lucky's head. 'We need a hostage...' He saw Grape Vine laying on the table.

'He'll do.'

Last edited by Lucky Draw on Sat May 12, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a word)
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Athanix's kick landed before Chain Gang had the chance to fire. The kick sent him stumbling backwards, after which Lucky fired his shotgun and ended it. Chain Gang fell to the floor, dead.

Shutter found some interesting things in Grape Vine's pockets. First was a keychain, which Shutter took for himself, and second was a letter, addressed from the mayor of Stableton. Now wasn't the time for reading, though, as Shutter could hear running and shouting in the hallway, then silence.
    Athanix
    Athanix
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Athanix Sat May 12, 2012 4:12 pm

"Nice one Lucky! Now let's get the buck outta here!" Athanix said as he dropped down and took some gauze from his bags to haphazardly place on his wounds. Tying them tightly Athanix hopped over to Chain Gang to see what crap he had in his pockets. This hayseed gave him his first wound in a while and he intended to look this pony for all he was worth.

Maybe he could finnaly find some weapon for his kind of combat. If not he could always sell the rest.

"Get going guys and some pony please pick Sky up..."
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sat May 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Techno nodded as he lowered his shield. He gently picked Sky up with levitation and held her idly above and behind his head. "Y'all should prepare for more. I doubt there'll be many friendlies left in the town after this." he said, warning the group of the impending firefights. "We should get moving to find Starry."
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sat May 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Lucky slapped another pair of rounds in his gun, and then turned about to face the door. The sound of slaver guards shouting and running to the aid of their boss was emanating from the hallway, and was steadily growing louder. The likelihood of them escaping was quickly dropping, and there was only one thing Lucky could think of to do.

Swiftly, he turned around, and hoisted the unconscious Vine onto his back.

His tone of voice had changed from pleasant to deadly serious. "This mean son of bitch is coming with us if we want to get out of this hellhole alive. Shutter, walk beside me, and keep your pistol directly aimed at his head."

Lucky then turned to the traitorous orange buck.

"Where are they keeping our friend? I know you know, and if you help us, there'll be something in it for you."
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sat May 12, 2012 8:52 pm

The orange buck looked up at Lucky, his body trembling with fear. "D-don't kill me! I can help you! I know where they're keeping your friend, I could show you the way! Th-the keys to the cages are in his p-p-pockets, we can grab those and escape on the t-train!"

Orange got up onto his hooves, and wobbled his way toward the large window behind the desk. Pulling back the curtains revealed the slave cages behind the building. There were at least half a dozen slaves in the cages, and more than one of them was wearing a stable uniform.
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sat May 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Shutter listened for the noises out fron his eyes widening when he heard them disappear into silence. Quickly, he started whispering.

"No! We can't use the door! They're all waiting for us on the other side!"

Then he saw Orange open up the curtains...revealing a massive amount of cages...well, that wasn't expected, but it WAS a welcome surprise, as an idea formed in his head.

"Wait...I think I know what we should do...use the desk to barricade the doors, and we'll escape through the window. Now, Orange...can you think fo any way we can get out of here quick, while possibly carrying a large load? This is gonna be crucial to the plan..."

World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun May 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Beads of sweat were dripping down Orange's face. It wasn't hard to see that he was almost overwhelmed with fear and confusion. "I-uh, th-the train?" He thought Shutter might have meant how to escape the office, but with so many horrible thoughts running through his head, it was difficult to focus on the moment.

"It-its got a coal car attached, Th-they found it scavenging the trainyard, it for New Appleloosa for being c-c-complacent with this t-transaction."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sun May 13, 2012 10:23 pm

"A coal car...that's perfect! We'll be able to fuel the train for this journey back to New Appleloosa, and they can have the car once we get there! That train should be able to easily carry this load!"

He said happily, as he prepared to recite his plan.

"Okay...we're going to need to get out through this window, and then immediatly split up into two groups! Some of us are going to need to prep the train...while the rest of us are going to be hitting the slave cages and letting them go. We need to find Starry, but I'm not about to abandon these ponies now that we have a chance to save them...and I don't think we need to worry about playing nice anymore, since they tried to drug us and add us to their collection out there...
    What do you guys think?"
    Athanix
    Athanix
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Athanix Sun May 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Athanix just tightened his bandages as he walked away from the guard. He had picked up his 10mm pistol and some rounds from his pockets as well as a hoof full of caps. Nothing much, but he really didn't care.

"I don't want to stay real long Shutter... If I have to get SHOT again I won't have enough band-aids to stick onto myself. I say we look for Starry and haul flank to the carts before the slavers throw us into the cages ourselves." Athanix said turning to the others. He adjusted his bags as he took a quick inventory making sure he didn't loose anything.

"And I know I'd like to set a lot of these ponies free, I think we should set some priorities considering Sky is passed out and Starry is somewhere out there. And if these slavers have half a brain, which I highly doubt, then they might already be at Starry's cage."
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun May 13, 2012 11:19 pm

"Uh, can I come?" Orange asked. "I don't mean to be a burden or anything, but uh, I think they're gonna think me..." Orange began reflecting again on how much trouble he was in, and it sent a whole new wave of jitters through him. "And uh, Mr. Zebra sir? The ponies here don't even have half a brain. Mr. Vine there was the entire brains of the operation. Regardless, though, shouldn't we get moving out the window?"

Orange didn't want to stay in the office for another second. The slavers outside knew that something had erupted in there, and it was a wonder they hadn't broken down the door already. All they would need to do is roll a single grenade into the room, and the damage would be devastating.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun May 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Lucky propped the desk against the door, a feat made no easier by the fact he was also carrying the slaver leader on his back. He turned to Shutter, and gave him a look full of pity.

In a slightly more sad voice, he said, "Shutter, there's no way in hell we can free them all. As much as I'd love to, we can't transport that many ponies to safety, we have nowhere safe for them to go if we did. We need to just find Starry, and get the fuck out of here."

Returning to a more serious tone, he looked back at the door.

"We need to get out quick too, because that's gonna last all of about two minutes, at best. And you," He looked at Orange. "If we don't die by the time we get to the slave pens, and you don't kill us, I'll see what I can do to free your wife. Sound good?"
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sun May 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Shutter gave a nod to Orange, as he moved to try and shove the window open, ignoring the 'shot' jab.

"Athanix, Lucky, we don't really have much of a choice in this...do you REALLY think Starry is going to leave here unless every single one of these ponies is free? I say we take the chance we've been given, and play hero today!

If you want to be able to get out of here quick, then go prep the train...But I have a keyring, and a stealthbuck, and I am going to be freeing as many ponies as I can with them! NOPONY deserves to live their life as a slave!"
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sun May 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Techno nodded at Shutter's idea. "I agree with Shutter. Besides, if we can get the train, we can transport as many slaves home as we can free. I've got my experience with that train, so I'll go prep it to go. Whoever wants to go with Shutter, be my guest. I'll have that train ready to move the instant you need it to." he said, telling the group his heading. "As for the slave leader, I can take him back to the train."

(will edit later)
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun May 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Orange nodded toward Lucky. He appreciated the offer more than words could speak.

"Uh, mister doctor pony?" Orange asked, trying to get Techno's attention. He assumed Techno was a doctor, based on the MoP boxes he wore. "Some of those ponies are in pretty bad shape, maybe you should go with him toward the slave cages?" Orange pointed at Shutter. "I'll go with the cowboy here to the train. I was part of the party that uncovered it, and I think I can get it running.

With that said, Orange invited himself to be the first to step out the window.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Mon May 14, 2012 12:04 am

Lucky moved to the rest of the group, hefting the unconscious Vine to a more comfortable position on his back.

"That isn't what I meant. Where can we take them that they'll be safe? New Appleloosa trades with these fucks, and it's not like the slavers don't know where we live, so we can't take them back to Stableton. I agree that nopony deserves to live like this, but think about it: Would they be better off just wandering the wastes aimlessly?"

Lucky stopped talking for a moment, closed his eyes, and shuttered. He reopened them, and then continued in a darker tone.

"I've been there, mate. It ain't a good thing for anypony, and I don't want it hangin' on my mind that we freed them only to sentence them to a gruesome death out there."

He stopped talking, and hung his head for a moment, trembling again as he remembered dark times.

Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon May 14, 2012 2:17 am

Shutter gave a not towards Orange and Techno.

"That sounds like a good idea...Do you think you can stay hidden for the most part, Techno, just in case any Slavers decide to check on their cargo?
    Also, we probably should try and free Starry first...We're not leaving without her under any circumstances, but if we free her first, at least she'll be ready to help us out if we're attacked."

Quickly, he began to step out the window, but he stopped halfway when Lucky began to speak, letting him finish before he chimed in.

"...Maybe you're right...I don't know where they can go after this, or if they'll survive...but ihow is that different to any day out here? How many did Stableton lose during this first year of adapting to the wastes? ...As much as I hate to say it...Death is a common part of our lives now, and chances are some of them will die out there...but tell me this...would you rather die a slave? Or die a free pony?"

With that little speech out of the way, Shutter slipped the rest of the way out of the window, hooves touching the soil outside the town hall.
    Athanix
    Athanix
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Athanix Mon May 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Athanix just hopped out of the window as he spoke.

"I don't know about you ponies, but I'd like to find Starry before we delve into philosophy." Athanix said as he turned around and leaned on the windowsill. "Not ripping on philosophy though. I just want to get our group together before I have to start using more of these bandages." He then turned to trot after Lucky.

"Hey wait up there mister 'cowpony'! Don't want to miss the opportunity to actually laugh at something serious." Athanix said as he walked over to Lucky.

"Besides, I think we make a good tag team. Now let's go. My zebra senses are tingling. They are telling me that somepony is gonna get their flanks handed to them on a silver platter. Let's not make that pony you or me."
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Mon May 14, 2012 6:30 pm

"Whatever, somepony just keep a bead on this asshole's head, will yah? I don't need him waking up and breaking my neck, and it might keep the rest of the slavers off of us long enough to escape."

Lucky walked next to Shutter, but kept his mouth shut.

'If they think they can save all the slaves, fine. I won't try to dissuade them. I actually hope they can. But one thing's for certain...' He shifted Vine around again, and kept moving. 'HE'S going to pay for this treacherous crap, and I swear to the Goddesses if this was a full round setup...'
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Mon May 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Orange led Lucky Draw and Athanix down the road back toward the train station. He led them down the alleyways, occasionally waving a hoof at them to stop before they continued. Stealth was evidently not a new concept to Orange. Eventually, they found themselves across the street from the train station. The coal car was already hooked up to the train, but there were several slavers gathered around the train.

"Great, what do we do now?" Orange whispered to Lucky and Athanix. The only way to get to the train was through the slavers. There were at least three of them outside of the train, but there was no telling how many were inside.

Shutter and Techno, meanwhile, sneaked their way toward the slave cages. They were not too far from the town hall. There weren't any slavers nearby, they had all rushed toward the town hall when the commotion started, and hadn't seen the group escaping through the back window. Still, time was of the essence, as the cages were fairly out in the open.

There was one large cage with seven ponies inside of it. The other cages were empty, the slaves must have already been sold. All of the seven ponies were wearing stable uniforms. They were stable 113 uniforms! Many of the ponies were leaning against the cage walls, resting. Those who were awake were surprised to see Shutter and Techno approaching, their eyes went wide. Two of the ponies were lying in the center, they both appeared dead. One of them was Starry!

The lock on the cage wouldn't be hard to pick, Shutter could probably do it in his sleep.
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon May 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Shutter felt a sigh of relief come out as he saw the lack of Slavers...he might not even need that Stealthbuck if he was lucky...
    Quickly, he approacked the cage, lifting a hoof to his mouth towards the slaves, as he made a 'Ssshhh...' sound, before slipping out the screwdriver and bobby pins that Ditzy had given to him. While Shutter was no expert lock-cracker, he had had his share of experiences, and had learned a bit whenever one of the scavenger groups had come across a lockbox, or something similar.

Clutching the screwdriver between his hooves, and the bobby pin in his moth, Shutter got to work, as he probed at the lock carefully, eventually hearing the telltale click, as the lock fell from it's place.

Slowly, Shutter pulled the gate open, motioning for the Stable ponies to stay quiet, as he slowly walked over to where Starry and the other pony were...not liking the look of this...

...Oh no...come on, Starry...you can't be...

Slowly, he moved down, about to try and check for a pulse on the blue unicorn.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Mon May 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Starry opened her eyes, and in one quick motion, struck Shutter across the face with her hoof. "HAH! Take that you Luna-damned slav-Shutter?! You're working with the slavers?!!" Starry glared at him, shocked, before coming to her senses. "Oh! Shutter! You're here to rescue us! You're the greatest!"

Starry gave Shutter a quick hug, before trotting quickly toward the cage door. "We can't all escape in this condition, a lot of these ponies have been beaten until they couldn't stand, we have to find a way to help them!"
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon May 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Shutter let out a squeak when he suddenly got smacked in the face with a hoof, falling back on the ground. However, before he could really think of anything to say to respond with, he found himself pulled back up for a hug.

"Ack...Er...you're welcome, Starry..." He mumbled, once she had let go. "...Now...er...are there enough ponies that CAN walk that we can help the injured ones along? All we have to do is get them to the train, and hope Lucky, Athanix and Orange have it prepped for us by the time we get there..."

Shutter said, as he moved to check the other body for a pulse...he was almost hoping this one would jump up at him too with some sort of attack, since the other possibility was not a pleasant one...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am