Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+3
Kestrel
Eagleheart
Night-Shade
7 posters

Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING]

Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING] Empty Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING]

Post by Night-Shade Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 am

Hello everpony! I'm Night Shade, I'm pretty new to this site. To any admins reading this, I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this topic. I don't think I am but in case I am feel free to take down the topic, not that you need my permission. Well anyways truth be told, when i joined this site about a week ago, I was only on chapter 39 on the fancic this site is based off of, Fallout Equestria. Now last night I finished the rest of the story and i just have this to say..... WHAT?! 0_0

I was so heartbroken by the ending, I really am. There seemed to be so much info left out in the Epilogue and 10 years later thing. If somepony could PLEASE elaborate on what happened at the end of Fallout;Equestria please do so below.
    Eagleheart
    Eagleheart
    Level 1
    Level 1

Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING] Empty Re: Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING]

Post by Eagleheart Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 am

I personally loved the ending.

It was without a doubt in my mind THE BEST ENDING TO THIS STORY! I mean think about it. Our Heroin had been through literal hell and back. Learned, discovered, loved, hated, lost and most importantly - saved many. What she is doing is a final sacrifice for the whole world. A Messiah journey and her end. Sacrificing her soul, her whole life for many.

It could have been a HAPPY ending but this ending would destroy a well crafted story.

Also i am happy for the ten year time skip since Fluttershy got back to normal and she still has spike.

But.

The one thing that really gets on my nerves is RAINBOW DASH! Her fate has still been unconfirmed, leaving her the only member Mane Six whose ultimate fate remains unknown. Which ticks me off since not only is she my favorite pony but that she shown true loyalty while THE [Uses every curse known to pony kind] ENCLAVE stabbed her in the back and left the surface to rot and die while they go hide in the clouds.Im just happy that littlepip manage to get rid of the massive cloud cover.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING] Empty Re: Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING]

Post by Kestrel Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Eagle hit it right on the head, some stories don't end happily; especially messiah stories. Through all the pain and suffering that she had gone through the best thing that could have happened to Pip is to go out the way she did.

And I semi-understand the Enclaves reasoning for what they did. they were down on numbers and they just lost their capital. In a situation like that people are going to withdraw and try and save what they can.

Does it make it right? No, far from it. But in terms of tactics its a logical step to take. Shame it happened like that though, real shame indeed.
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:05 pm

it's not that i wanted a "and happily ever after" ending. It's just i wasn't absorbing what exactly happened. I read it at 1 am with no sleep i couldn't think right.

I do like the ending but I'm just saddened and lost. It was a good ending, crushing, but good. Just what ever happened to the Steel Rangers? What about Lifebloom?! Then theres Rainbow Dash's fate still undetermined.
    Iron Strider
    Iron Strider
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Iron Strider Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:52 am

Through the whole story I was trying to make up some way that ended up with Rainbow Dash alive. but alas even if she survived Gilda, old age would eventually kill her. Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING] 3203297022 unless she was in that pod in the ministry of Awesome bubble sheilded area but it was empty. maybe she is a ghoul?
    I liked the story as a whole. even though this is a fan fic I felt like I was reading a professionally made book. Of course there were a few errors but they were minor. Fallout Equestria's ending [SPOILER WARNING] 2605897966
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:38 am

SPOILER ALERT!

I liked the ending, a lot. At first, I was unsatisfied with it, it seemed like it left a few loose ends, but later that's what I actually came to like about the story.

Sure, we never found out about RD's fate, but the fact is we didn't need to. We know that RD pretty much failed at everything she had planned. She failed to keep the pegasi from rebelling, she had the SPP constructed which allowed them to irrigate on the cloud level(hence allowing them to shun the surface) and she insisted that the SPP not be a computer-controlled system, which prevented Celestia from cleaning up the mess that was left over. We don't need to know what happened to RD in the end, because it really doesn't matter, her death was assuredly less spectacular than her incredible failures.

Other than that, it was very open-ended, which I liked. All the major villains had been defeated, the Enclave is heading toward collapse, and new factions are sprouting up all across the wasteland. It was less of an ending as it was a turning of the page, to another undefined chapter, which is something I was happy with.
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:56 pm

I loved the story as a whole, but i did have a few problems with it. My biggest problem is Steelhooves needed a more heroic/noble death. something more epic than a suprise hellhound decapitation. maybe disintigrated by Autumn Leaf while single-hoofedly taking on the entire crew of a Thunderhead while littlepip rigged up a way to destroy it.

Secondly, unless i missed something important, i fail to see why littlepip needs to spend all her time in the SPP. I get the whole keeping celestia company and guarding the wasteland thing, but with celestia already in there watching and the pod rigged for external communication, you would think that littlepip would only need to be there for a few hours of the day or when celestia spotted an emergency, instead of constantly except for homage's visits

Finally, Lion & Mouse should have been introduced sooner.
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Kipper Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 pm

But the whole point of Steel Hooves' death is that it was tragic and pointless. If he'd died a heroic death, laying down his life to save countless others, Littlepip wouldn't have felt anywhere near as guilty about it.

About the SPP: way I see it, controlling the weather is a full-time job.
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 am

Valid point about steelhooves, but i still feel that he should have gotten a better death. Personally, i would have made it heroic, encouraging littlepip to be even more of a hero so that his death wouldn't be in vain. i can't halp but think that so much more could have come from a situation like that.

As for the weather, i was given the impression from the epilogue that it was not something that needed constant maintenece. Littlepip was able to take a day off to celebrate Homge's birthday, and the worst that was expected was a few rogue winds. Also, after having equipped the SPP for external communications, it probably wouldnt be much of a stretch to add external input.

All in all, it was a great story, but im rather unsatisfied with the reasons littlepip has to stay in the SPP. Granted, i was tired as all hell when i read thee end, so i may have missed things. Steelhooves death i can deal with. I think it could have been done better, but it wasn't done badly either. I just don't think that the reasons littlepip has to stay in the SPP permanently add up.
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Honestly after thinking about it for so long, i came to a conclusion. Really Littlepip had ended it the best way she could. There couldn't be a truly happy ending, it wouldn't work. It would be to predictable, not to mention killing the message and moral of the story. Littlepip was a true Messiah, and would go to any lengths to help others, especially those she cared for; even at her own expense. Truly selfless, she gave up life for the wasteland. She fought for the many rather than for the few. Her actions at the end of the story not only hurt her, but all her friends, and would change everything for them. But she was willing to give up that chance at happyness to save Equestria from itself. IT really was a perfect ending.
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:09 pm

I agree that it is a good ending in concept, i just somewhat disagree with a few of the reasons. It was probably the best ending that could have been written, but i wish that the kKat had expanded on it more. I could be mistaken, as i was rather overtired when i was reading it, but based on what i recall i feel that littlepip's self-imposed exile/guardinship should have been developed more/better

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:36 am