Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+8
Sky
Galactic Dash
Blast Cap
Winter Bell
Pendant
Rad Boom
Aquilinus
Night-Shade
12 posters

A site music group

Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

A site music group Empty A site music group

Post by Night-Shade Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:53 pm

A site music group 1604723334 HEY! So Blast Cap and I, and a few others, have been watching some cool Brony music videos on youtube. It seemed really cool and looked really cool, and it gave us the idea to make an IC music group for the site. We are not 100% sure how many members we'll need or what type of music the band will play, but we like the idea so we are going with it. Eventually we will get threads and such for the band. A site music group 3134058265

A site music group 2474844649 Well anyways if you have any suggestions or you want in on the group post below. We'll need only about 5 or 6 ponies in the group and Blast and I count as two so... eyup

Last edited by Night-Shade on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

A site music group Empty Re: A site music group

Post by Aquilinus Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:45 pm

I'd love to see Aqui on drums, Though I can't really do any actual video stuffs :( So if somepony who can wants in they can have my place :).
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:42 am

Ermm maybe I should have said that differently. We are looking for 4-5 ponies who would like their character to be in an IC music group, probably a band. It would probably eventually get its own threads and such. I was just saying if there was anypony on this site who had the animation skills, and generosity, to make a video of our ponies singing and such that would be fantastic. I'm not saying we are ONLY excepting ponies who know how to animate. We would love to have you as our drummer if you want in Aquilinus! Sorry for the confusion and such!
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:23 pm

If this band needs a pony that plays piano/keyboard i'll put Rad in... Again no animation skill or anything lol
    Pendant
    Pendant
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Pendant Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:37 pm

This forum is becoming less gritty and more whimsical.

DON'T DO IT MAN

DON'T DO IT!
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Well Winter can sing, so she could make a vocal part of the group. But it would depend on what kind of music.
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:28 pm

I can play anty brass instruments if nessecary or string bass
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:06 pm

I stated in Did you know facts that Dash can sing as well, maybe if Winter is the female lead vocal, Dash could be the male?
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 pm

A site music group 2222139670 I'm glad to see my band idea was become so popular and or interesting! So yes Winter we would love to have you as our lead mare vocalist and apparently Dash can be our lead colt vocalist. Blast Cap and Rad Boom can be our whatever they wanted to be. I don't really understand what Penny was getting at? Also Winter, we aren't 100% sure what music we will be playing, I'm taking suggestions. I was thinking like classical or maybe like techno i really don't know yet. We'll take a vote on it when we get a full cast. Thanks everypony!
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 pm

A mix of classical, techno and swing music. its good not to be stuck to one genre. Dash you better learn how to scat if you already don already know how.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Classical could work nicely actually. I could imagine New Pegasus style music if we were looking for something more Jazz / Rat Pack in regards to classical. I mean we're not exactly going to have access to electric guitars and stuff so it would have to consist of mainly violin, cello and acoustic guitar. But I think with those instrumentals we would have a broad scope of music to play. Techno... I'm not really sure how you would do that, and by that I mean justify the equipment you would need for it.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Acoustic instruments, i can play guitar. and techno yeah....im for that too, as they are both awesome. ever need any of the both just ask, Sky would probably play both. techno like vinyl and acoustic like...mando pony? lol
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 pm

I think the whole Classical/Jazz thing would be the right way to go, it would fit with the theme of fallout better. The equipment for things like Techno would be very hard to find intact, or find at all, though if you've got that thought out already I can see it working.
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:12 am

Alright so our current cast is:
    -Blast Cap
    -Rad Boom
    -Winter Bell
    -Galactic Dash
    -Sky
    -Aquilinus

That's actually a decent size cast. I think we'll consider one more member maybe. Then I'll post a pole on what music you would like to play, unless you all have come to an agreement already. I think this will do well, thank you all for joining!
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:45 am

Rad techno wouldnt be hard. wed just need a high science and repair and use plenty of robot speakers and parts. So at least 1 more space for a Dj if somebody wants to be one.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:50 am

It's not just about that though, I think people would prefer that we maintain the Fallout theme of Classical style, Jazz etc.
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 am

I was jusr throwing out ideas. its the vote that wil determine.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:59 am

I had always wondered where all the 'modern' music had vanished to in the Fallout Universe. Turns out there was a reason for it, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's necessarily still a 'ban' on those genres of music. Anything but at this point.
    Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am

If it means anything, I'm all for the Classic/Jazz scene. Always been a fan of the Big Band drummers.
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:57 am

I think we should maintain a broad 50's 60's music scene. Also in MLP equestria wasn't too technologically advanced. If techno is something you all want to do so badly then we will accomidate for it. I like the idea, but it is far-fetched, maybe we can combine then in some way. Imagine Vinyl Scratch and Octavia playing in unison, a beautiful mix of classical music and DJ beats, techno for instance. When I get home I will make a pole and you can all vote for what you want. Then I will post a list of band members along with your positions.
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:23 pm

To answer the question about the missing modern music in Fallout, put simply there is none, the Fallout universe is actually an alternate timeline that split off just after WW2, and the civilisation stuck in the style of the 50's. At least, that's what it says in the intro in the Fo3 game manual.
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Haven't you all noticed that Fallout is 50's to 60's theme and style based? Not to mention humour, i mean just look at the alien blaster that thing is laughable; until you shoot something with it that is. If you all did a little history check on Fallout, you'd find out the it deprives from an old computer game called 'Wasteland.' Wasteland took place in an alternate world were the USA and Russia nuked eachother during the cold war rather than having a 'Cold War.' Well Wasteland wasn't too popular and the producers at Black Isle and Interplay thought they could do it better. But the makers of Wasteland wouldn't give up rights to the game. So to avoid copyright laws Black Isle changed the name of the game, changed the year it happened, and changed who the USA went to war with. Thus Fallout was born and became an instant hit. But they decided to keep the 50's and 60's style and culture as was a part of the game. So no music beyond I'd say 1965 exists in the Fallout world canon. So we will attempt to stick to that sense of music, while also staying true to the MLP sense of music, which includes DJ related beats. I will be posting the Cast list along with your roles in just a minute please check the Pony Discussions later and thank you!

Last edited by Night-Shade on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:36 pm

I'll go ahead and say this now, if you need someone to play the sax, I can play. It's been awhile though so Im not sure how I'll do.
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:38 pm

We do need sax for swing. we only have brass
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 am

We would love to have you Cross. Also we do need a sax player. So I posted the cast list, if you want to check it out. It isn't the final one, for I may edit it later, but for now that's that. If you didn't like your role or didn't want to be in the band, just PM me and i'll pull you out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 am