Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

3 posters

The Writings of Konstanin Volkov

Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

The Writings of Konstanin Volkov Empty The Writings of Konstanin Volkov

Post by Kestrel Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Greetings all, and welcome to this little thread.

Now as some of you know, I like to write in my free time. By no means am I the next big thing, but I thought 'hey, why not see what the world thinks?'. Feel free to leave a comment, or critique if you want.

Over time I will be posting various excerpts and poems that I come up with for you all to, hopefully, enjoy.

I can tell you now that my grammar is terrible. It has never been my strong suit. But hey, work with what you got right?

Now enough talk, time to post!
    The following peice is titled 'Flick'. I wrote it after I heard some opera song a few years back.

===
    I gaze out onto the battlefield carefully taking in the terrain before moving. Each step is measured and focused, my face arranged into a well practiced mask of stoicism as I move.

I am a solider, and my mission is simple. I must free a few ill taken innocents from a simple yet effective prison.

Before me a gathering of individuals sit, some relaxed others twitching nervously. The group glances and whispers amongst its self, veterans giving advice to the newcomers.

I take my place before them and their eyes focus upon me, no doubt seeking their orders, revealing at once a vast sea of emotions.

Excitement, boredom, and trepidation seem to be the dominant examples, though a few seem just as impassive as I am. In their hands they hold tight their arms. Intricate constructs of brass, steel, wood, and leather.

Gathering my strength, I too take up arms, offering naught but a silent nod to my forces; it is all they need.

At first all is silent, the air as still as death on winters morn. But then, just barely audible, a quivering sound: a beginning to the battle that is soft on the ear. Then slowly the sounds of my forces arms begin to mingle.

The high of a flute was most obvious, it's notes fluttering upon the air like a morning-bird’s cry.

Next comes the deep, rolling thunder of the percussionists; the once chaotic sound soon organizing itself into a steady pounding tattoo.

I glace downward, eyes focusing upon an assortment of well aged paper. A glorious composition of notes rest upon it, each preserved in liquid pitch upon its yellowed surface.

With but a mere flick of the wrist the notes are released. Freed from the confines of their paper prison; set loose to dance upon the open air.

Most men claim power comes with strength and finesse.

No I say! A flick, a wave, a push is all it takes and the greatest of strengths is released!!!

It is here, on this small island held adrift amongst a sea of sounds. This living painting of brass and leather, sharp dress and cultured mannerism.

Such elation do I feel when the notes are freed! Glorious is the sight of the mingle and dance!

But all that is good must eventually end, and soon it does for me.

The brass settles first, then the woodwind, and finally the percussion. My soldiers, exhausted from their mission stand proudly at the applause of those behind me. Courteously they all take a bow, then resume their positions upon the front-lines of the fight.

I know that they are weary, but our battle is almost through. Despite our success thus far, I can tell the notes are still eager to be free. They wish, beg, cry out for mercy; for the right to dance and mingle about one another, guided by the rhythm and tempo my men provide with their arms.

Who am I to deny them, these innocent, ill taken prisoners, the right of freedom and joy?

My baton is raised, my soldiers ready themselves, and with a flick of the wrist the battle starts again...
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

The Writings of Konstanin Volkov Empty Re: The Writings of Konstanin Volkov

Post by Kestrel Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Here, I managed to dredge up another little tidbit for you all to enjoy. As always comment on it if you want.

This one is titled 'Once Upon a Moonlit Path'. I think I have a better version of it around, I will try and dredge it up.

==========

I found one night upon a path, a patch of flowers in bloom.
    Supple purples and brilliant blues, all reaching for the moon.

Dancing about, upon a breeze. Soft and subtle too.
    All of this I found one night, while walking with the moon;

In the sky, raised so high. Taking tides within her grasp.
    Her long, pale, and loving arms, holding my heart in a clasp.

Tight, yet loose. Firm, yet gentle.
    Allowing time to pass.

We sat and stared, and shared ourselves. Like lovers long since lost.
    We met each night, so eagerly until the ground did frost.

The leaves now change their color, and the blooms refuse to hatch.
    And now my lover is denied to me by a roof made of thatch.

But worry not, my pale goddess, who holds me in her grasp.
    I shall return, next moonlit spring, a' dancing on the grass.

=======
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:12 pm

I wish i could write that good. Amazing man.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:50 pm

The Writings of Konstanin Volkov Tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:31 pm

You guys are too kind, but thanks for the compliments The Writings of Konstanin Volkov 707708493
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Mon May 14, 2012 9:17 pm

updated version

The Writings of Konstanin Volkov Mlfw3343-1330498067209

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:57 am