Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+5
Sanctity
Ginger Ale
Marcus
Viktor Diesel
World Warden
9 posters

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 14 Empty Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Sanctity Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Sanctity stood back and stayed silent as they planned. He'd never been one for tactics outside of the obvious, so this was probably best left to other ponies. Instead, he glared at Hopscotch and Mad Mek as they continued to antagonize one another. After that, he checked his new rifle over again, judging the distance between their spot and the camp and adjusting the sights for it. It'd been a fairly long time since he'd had to sharp-shoot, preferring to fight at close ranges. He was sure Ginger could give him a few tips though.

He looked up as Xeshir and nodded wordlessly, hovering the rifle up into a carrying position.
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished] - Page 14 Empty Re: Slaving Away (Group A) [Closed] [Finished]

Post by Mad Mek Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Mek nodded at Xeshir's plan. He saw Ginger coming back from his survey and a smile crept across his face. "Oy, Ginger. What kinda guns're da guards packin?" He asked, tapping a finger on his armor. His armor combined with the fact that he didn't feel any pain made him surprisingly adept at shrugging off small arms fire. He just hoped that Ginger was as accurate as he made himself out to be. He swore that if he or Sanura found any Hunting Rifle bullets in his back after the battle, he'd personally shove that rifle up his ass, scope and everything.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Ale had stopped to check the load on his rifle and his reserve of .308 bullets. He looked up when mek asked him about the guards. "Looks like basic rifles, i'd imagine 5.56 caliber, small enough for your hide to shrug off most of the damage if that's what your worried about." ale paused and looked down at his leather armor. "Hey if you can try not to tear up their barding too much, I could use an upgrade."
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Mek looked at Ginger and gave him a nod. He had not put killing the slavers cleanly into his plans (if anything, he wanted to be knee deep in slaver blood and frothing at the mouth by the time the fight was over) but he gave Ginger a reassuring nod. "Don' worry about it, Ginger. Ah'll try to leave at least one git with all his limbs." He said with a hoarse cackle.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 am

Hopscotch flinched, his face scrunching up in concern as Mek picked him up and threatened him. Once he was back on the ground, he grumbled quietly, “You’re a thug,” and moved away from the ghoul.

“Well, I’m telling you about the building,” he grumbled quietly to Ginger, dusting himself off. “That’s helpful, isn’t it?”

As the group started to agree to Xeshir’s simple and direct plan of attack, Hopscotch coughed slightly to get attention. He glanced in the direction of the front door. “I might be able to help with those two out the front. If we want to get rid of them quietly – and I’m not saying we kill them – then I have an idea that might help. I guess it’ll get you that armour too, Sunshine.”

“I’ll make my way around with a couple of your best hoof-fighters–” He glanced at Marcus– “then, I’ll poke my head out and call out to them for help. They’ll come barrelling on over. When they reach the corner, bam! Lights out. But no killing, okay?”

He looked around a little sheepishly. “What do you think?”

(Sorry, no rolls this time!)
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 am

Xeshir sighted at Mek´s and Hopscotch´s verbal argument. "You two, cut it out." She ordered. "Afterwards, you can insult and hit each other all you want, but not when we´re in front of a slaver compound." These two were really getting into her nerves.

While she was examining the building Hopscotch suggested another plan of attack. She frowned, but they needed his co-operation for the next part. "Alright. Viktor and Mek will dig behind the building. Me and Marcus will follow behind in their tunnels. Ginger, Sanura and Sanctity stay here in case things go south and provide us covering fire. After they are out we all regroup in the front gate and go along with the plan." She turned to Hopscotch. "Remember, you need to make a downright ungodly amount of noise. Start a song, dance, fight, whatever. Just make sure it´s enough to disguise the noise of a minotaur in battle."

Xeshir took out her iron hooves and put them on. They really did fit nicely. She turned to the others in the group. "Ready?" She asked.

Last edited by Xeshir on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 am

Giving Hopscotch one final death-stare, Mad Mek slipped on his gauntlets and nodded at Xeshir. Now was his chance to prove himself to his rescuers. Something clicked in his mind. "Hold on fer a second. Who'z dis 'Mustard Buck'? Dat's da only question ah got. Apart from dat, Ah'm ready to start krumpin' dese slavers."

He turned to get a good look at the building, and if one were to stand close enough to him, they would be able to hear him muttering distance calculations to himself as he judged how far he would have to dig. Chuckling quietly to himself, he muttered "dis is gonna be a good wun" quietly to himself as he marked the spot where he would start digging on the ground with a giant X.
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Marcus nodded to Xeshir as she laid out her plan. He felt comfortable with Ginger and Sanctity providing covering fire, as they had proven their skill the night before. Having four close fighters combating the enemy by surprise? Even better. The only thing that bothered him was their reliance on the Slaver in the plan, though he was sure that with such a large group following it, the Slaver wouldn't try anything.

He bowed his head towards Xeshir and said, "You lead and I will follow."

His ears perked when he heard Mek ask about Mustard. He gave a snort and turned to him. "It is another Slaver we have been asked to 'rescue', wafu mbwa (dead dog). One of the others should have a picture of it ready."
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Ale nodded at the new new plan, at this point he diden't care how they did thing so long as the end result was the same, one dead minotaur and a cartload of freed slaves. He crawled back up to his sniper perch and motioned for sanctity and sanura to fallow. "Alright since i've got the biggest caliber, any slavers in armor other then leather you leave to me. Sanc you've got the light armored ones. Sanuara you spot and be ready to raise a shield if they return fire." With his order given he took out his rifle and laid it on the ground in front of him. "Don't shoot unless they shoot first."
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Mek gave his arms a good stretch and took a handful of dirt in his hand. The dry soil crumbled through his fingers, and he realized that this was going to be a very easy dig. Turning to Xeshir and Marcus, he began to speak. "Lemme lay down sum ground rules 'ere." He took a second to chuckle at his pun and continued. "Let da dogs do da diggin'. Don't touch da walls or roof o' da tunnel, an' fer da love 'a Luna, don' get in front 'o me when ah'm diggin unless ya wanna lose a leg or two. Me tunnel, me rules. Any questions?"

Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Diesel sighed with a slight chuckle as Mek talked to the group. As he checked all his things he dove into the earth making sure to be at an angle they could follow. The vibrations from the building were a pretty dead give away to where he was supposed to be digging. As he tunneled he made sure there was enough room for a pony to walk through comfortably. Upon reaching the building he continued past it towards the back where they said they would meet up. As he poked his head through the ground he looked to make sure that no windows could see his exit.

(checking for windows that may spot group; Per 5, Sneak 24)
    Sanctity
    Sanctity
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sanctity Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Sanctity nodded at the red-headed unicorn in recognition before trotting beside him into the firing position. He sunk slowly into the prone position he was most comfortable with, shuffling around as he did so. After he settled down, he raised the rifles sight aperture close to his eye and followed the movements of a more lightly armored guard. As he waited, he concentrated on his movements, trying to keep them as soft and sweeping as possible to not alert the guards to their position.

[Avoiding detection, Sneak 61]
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Mad Mek said nothing else and dived into the earth behind Viktor, following his tunnel. He noted with disdain that Viktor had left the tunnel large enough for a pony to comfortably walk through, but since the tunnel was already dug, Mek had some difficulty moving his 6 and a half foot frame through it. He stopped when he saw Viktor's headless body standing upright in the tunnel, and calmly waited for him to bring his head back down.

(Waiting for Viktor to report. Keeping a feel out for any incoming vibrations w/ tremor sense -Per 7-)
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:01 am

Marcus peaked into the newly created whole that Diesel and Mek had made their way into. It seemed large enough for one of his size to fit through comfortably. He turned to Hopscotch and began prodding him towards the hole.

"Come, Slaver. You will not be leaving my sight longer than needed."

With this said, he made his way into the hole, doing his best to feel around the dark tunnel and not make too much noise in the process.

(Moving into the hole after Deisel and Mek. Sneak 17)
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 pm

As Viktor poked his head up above the surface of the ground and looked about, he could see some more brown, covered-in-wasteland-dust windows, but they were set about midway up the wall. If the group didn’t cause too much of a ruckus, it would be a reasonable assumption that nopony would notice them here.

Hopscotch quickly followed Marcus, even if he didn’t like the idea of going through a claustrophobic tunnel that seemed to be ready to collapse at the slightest provocation.

The lookouts kept an eye on the guards posted by the gate. Neither of the guards moved much; if they suspected anything, they certainly didn’t show it. One of them looked to be using his rifle to prop himself up from falling asleep.
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:58 pm

While the others went through the tunnel, she turned to the remaining members of the group on the hill. "Remember. Only fire if things get out of control. Once the guards are knocked out regroup with us at the entrance, except for Ginger. I want you to stay here and snipe any slaver who opposes us after we kill Grace, don't shoot the ones that flee or are unarmed." After saying that she went down the hole the diamond dogs dug. Truth be told she started to feel claustrophobic halfway through and let out a sigh of relief once she saw the exit.

Once she was out of the tunnels she turned to the others. "Once again, remember we have to make them fall unconscious. No deaths." She then turned to Hopscotch. "Tell them you need help moving a crate or something, something that won't make them have their weapons ready." She then dropped into offensive position and waited for the slavers to show up.

(Attacking first slaver that shows up and try to disarm him. Then attempting to choke him till he falls unconscious. STR 5. AGI 8. Unarmed 62.)
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Sanura who, seemed to have dazed out staring at the drawing in the dirt of the complex was suitably confused when she saw what was going on but already had an idea of what she needed to do as she saw so many ponies go down the tunnels after the two diamond dogs. She stayed back though, in the general direction of Sanctity, mostly because he was the last on she could recall seeing and wasn't entirely sure where the other had gotten off to. In general though she didn't know and felt uncomfortably alone as she magically produced her shotgun which would be oh so helpful at these ranges and hunkered down behind any cover she could find and just watched...
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Mad Mek felt the clear vibrations of someone coming up behind him and turned to find Xeshir. She had taken the role of leader in this operation, and since nobody was missing their head (not yet at least), she was doing a rather good job as leader. He saw her exit the hole, mumble something to Hopscotch about a distraction, and exited the hole behind her, trying to keep his massive frame from overlapping any windows. A slight creak escaped from his leg and he winced, but it shouldn't have been loud enough for anybody farther than a foot from him to hear. He took up a position behind (and rather uncomfortably close to) Xeshir as he raised his arms in preparation.

--- Attacking the second slaver that shows up, trying to basically do the same thing Xeshir's doing, except i'll snap the slaver's neck if I can't knock him out. (STR 12,AGI 4, Unarmed 47)
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:22 am

Hopscotch nodded at Xeshir, and after brushing some loose dirt from his mane, made his way to the corner of the building. Poking his head around, he called out to the pair of guards. “Hey! You two, can you give us a hand over here? This prisoner is being difficult.” He gave a forced laugh, then ducked back around the corner. (Hopscotch speech roll: 67+10 = 77)

The two guards exchanged a bemused look, gave a shrug and trotted after him.

“Okay, they’re coming.”

“What the hay is going on, Hopscotch?” The first guard around the corner asked before Xeshir loomed out of the shadow of the building and struck. (Xeshir sneak roll: 73+12 = 85) Being unprepared, his rifle was knocked away quite easily. (Xeshir unarmed roll: 39+31 = 70) “What the buck?” he cried out as Xeshir pounced and started choking the buck, and he began to struggle back. (Xeshir unarmed rolls: 36+31 = 67, 48+31 = 79)

“What was that, Lamington?” a second guard said as he followed the first around the corner. It took a moment for his mind to register what was going on. “Oh, buck.” He turned to run to the gate, until a heavy ghoul diamond dog dove at him. (Mek sneak roll: 32+8 = 40) This guard was a bit quicker than his comrade, and the ghoul only succeeded in catching him by the hoof, which caused the slaver to stumble. as he tried to get away. (Mek unarmed roll: 36+31 = 67) The lumbering dog gave chase, reaching out one meaty paw (Mek unarmed roll: 88+23 = 111) and managing to hit the slaver in the flank; it unbalanced the guard, but it was still heading towards the door.

Guard 1:
    Nearly unconscious.
    Guard 2: Injured.

(Do the numbers break up the flow a bit too much?)
    Mad Mek
    Mad Mek
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mad Mek Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:39 am

Mad Mek's head was too clouded by the guard's surprisingly quick movements. Instead, he did what he did best. And his best was almost always insane. He took the bootleg silenced pistol from his belt, and without thinking, put the tip of the barrel onto a thinner part of his hand. He probably couldn't catch up to the slaver before he reached the door, and the pistol silencer was probably broken anyways, making this the only viable option. Making sure the barrel was pressed against his palm and aligned with the escaping guard, he pulled the trigger and hoped it would work.

---shooting through my own hand in an attempt to muffle the gunshot (not sure if my DT will block the damage or if I have to take the damage in order to do this. GW discretion I guess). Firing two shots with a 9mm pistol at escaping guard.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:32 am

Ale watched the events play out through the scope of his rifle, everything was going according to plan, scotch managed to get the guards to leave their post and xeshir was able to get the first guard. The second one proved to be a bit more spry than his companion and slipped away from mek. "Celestia damn it." Ale said under his breath As he lined up the shot. Ale held back on pulling the trigger however, knowing the thunderous boom from his rifle would alert the rest of the slavers, but so would a bleeding guard bursting through the door, and ale's way left them with one less pony gunning at them. Still ale held his fire until the last possible second, hoping the others could still save this.

(Sneak-49, Guns-60, Firing to kill the running slaver ONLY if the others fail to stop him silently.)

(No the numbers are fine)
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:30 am

Marcus let out a quiet curse as the second of the Slavers ran from Mek. Making his way out of the hole, he gave chase to the Slaver in an attempt to tackle and stop him. If he were to catch up to the Slaver, he would put all his weight into tackling and choking him to prevent him from calling out for help.

(running to tackle and choke Slaver. Unarmed 60, STR 4, AGI 5. 9 AP used. 21 remaining.)

(The numbers are fine)
    Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Diesel let out a growl as he gave chase after to last slaver, as he saw Mek fail to get him he let a curse as he put all his strength into a leap over all the ponies clambering over him. As he soared through the air he aimed his massive paws at the ponies mouth, hoping to cover it quick enough to not alert the others.

(Diving at Slaver; Unarmed 60, Str 11, Agi 7)

[Numbers are awesome]
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:41 am

(Xeshir unarmed: 58+31 = 89) Xeshir’s guard gave a final gurgle and went limp, as Hopscotch stood there nearby looking on in horror.

The guard managed to get some distance away from Mek and for a moment, thought he’d make it to the door and the others. The group had other ideas. Mek decided to shoot himself to shoot the guard, and fired twice. (Mek guns: 8+15 = 23 – BOTCH!, 72+15 = 87) Firing into his hand caused the bullet to deflect badly and fly off at an odd angle, and worse than that, his hand stopped the breech moving properly, so he had to spend precious moments ejecting the casing himself and firing again. By this stage the slaver was halfway back to the door. The bullet hit the guard’s armour, but didn’t appear to do any damage.

Passing the shooting Mek, Marcus and Viktor raced after the slaver and tried to tackle him. (Marcus unarmed: 76+30 = 106; Viktor unarmed: 17+30 = 47) The slaver managed to evade Viktor’s grasp, but Markus dove onto his back, (Marcus strength: 9+20 = 29) and although the zebra wasn’t strong enough to hold him in place, he did slow the slaver down enough for Viktor to catch up (Viktor unarmed again: 81+30 = 111; strength: 26+55 = 81) and pin him to the ground. This allowed Marcus to work his way up the guard’s body and wrap a foreleg around his neck. The guard was putting up one heck of a fight, though, and (secret guard rolls) managed to start breaking the zebra’s grip as he shuffled closer to the door; he was only a few feet from the door, now.

Ginger had held back, but a call now had to be made whether to definitely shoot at the guard or trust Marcus and Viktor to stop him before he could raise the alarm.

Mek: 221/235
    Guard A: Unconscious
    Guard B: Moderately strangulated
    Viktor Diesel
    Viktor Diesel
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Viktor Diesel Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:50 am

Smirking he looked sideways as he saw Mek shoot his own paw, diving quickly after the slaver he cursed as he missed, jumping back up he smiled as he saw Marcus slow him just enough for him to land on top. As he held onto the slaver, Diesel let out a low growl as he felt the slaver trying to escape, bringing up his paw he laid it down like a hammer on top of the struggling slavers head. As he felt the solid thump of his paw hitting him he looked down to make sure he was out cold. Holding on tightly he made sure the slaver wouldn't get out of his grasp.

(Attacking Slaver & holding him down; Unarmed 60, Str 11)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 am