Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Violet Star
Sky
Lightning Flash
Scrap Parts
Kira
Kestrel
Happy Trails
11 posters

Turn the Page [Finished]

Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Turn the Page [Finished] - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn the Page [Finished]

Post by Kestrel Mon May 07, 2012 11:21 pm

Kes gave a nod in response to Trails' question. So his guess was right, the stallion had stuck around after the battle after all. Trails himself was right on the money with his little guess as well. After checking out the market Kes was headed to the Tavern, then...well he didn't have much beyond that planned.

Still packing the heat he was Kes was prettty confidant in his ability to handle himself out threr in the wasteland. Place was more comforting to the gryphon than any city or town. It was quieter out there., world was easy to predict and follow.

"You?" Kestrel asked after a seconds pause. It was a short question, simple as could be to the foolish ear. But it was far more complex than most could see at face value. With that one word Kes asked trails both what he was doing, and whther or not he had anything else he needed; all at once.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Mon May 07, 2012 11:47 pm

"Going to New Pegasus, finding some things out." Trails gave Kes a piercing look. He liked the gryphon, reminded him of one of the Stalliongrad bucks Trails used to know. Damn reliable, damn efficient, damn honest. There was a short supply of good folk like Kes in the Wasteland.

"Why don't you come along for the ride?" a loaded question if there's ever been one.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 am

Ah so that was it then. A bit of soul searching in the Mohoofe. A land of death, danger, sunbaked sand, and red rock canyons; all complemented by the city of sin and vice itself New Pegasus.

And here Kes thought he was just going to have to wander for a bit before the wind lead him into something intresting.

The bird pondered what to do only for a few moment. Trails had proven himself to be reliable and respectful enough that Kes would offer his services for this little quest of his.

"Meet ya at the Tavern in 10."
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 am

“Hi, Sky! Long time no see, indeed! I was getting a bit worried that you somehow ended up catching something nasty, like a slaver’s bullet or something.” Bakewell returned Sky’s greeting, and nodded her head in intent of accepting the pegasus mare’s offer, but failed to give a verbal answer as another unknown pony successfully shifted Bakewell’s attention by talking to the three. Her smile grew larger as Flash introduced himself.

“Bakewell Tart, at your service.” She cheerfully chirped as she offered her hoof for a shake. The mare continued to offer Lightning the shake as she turned her head in an attempt to look at Scrap “Hey! Same to you. Definitely glad to see you’ve healed enough to be up and about.”

Having to shift her attention constantly between three ponies talking to her was bad enough, and Bakewell failed to notice Trails’ conversation with Kestrel.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Tue May 08, 2012 12:23 am

"See ya there." He replied, nodding curtly.

Trails looked at the rest of Kes' party dubiously. He recognized the Blue pegasus from the battle. He was a good flyer, but shared the same flaw as everyone from the Stables: greenness. Other than that he recognized a few faces from Starry's party, especially that of the silver eyed filly. He remembered her as a giggling foal with a love for the chaotic. He liked her.

"How about you folks? In for a trip into the desert?" He called out loudly enough to be heard over the chit chat that the newly 'hardened' Stable ponies always did whenever they got together now.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 am

Lightning would bow his head both at Scrap and at Bakewell before extending his hoof to shake with the beige female and saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you both." He would look around his surroundings and say, "I'm glad to see some ponies still breathing after that huge battle. It was almost like a ghost town once the main defenses fell."

The pegasus didn't take much attention to Kes' and Trails' conversation with each other. It seemed to be a little private and plus, he was a little busy himself. Lightning hoped the ponies he met just now didn't mind too much about his 10mm SMG and pistol hanging on his sides. However, when Trails spoke up loud enough for them to hear, he would look back at the pony, suddenly curious about this "trip". "A trip, you say? Sounds interesting enough. What's the occasion?"
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 am

If Violet was disappointed by Kestrel's dismissiveness, she didn't show it. She simply smiled as she quickly spotted Trails as Kestrel walked into the market.

"Oooh! Hi Mr. Trails!" said the filly as she trotted over, wide grin on her face. "How're you doing? I heard there was a big fight here, lots of hurt ponies in the Clinic!"

She then heard his offer to go out to New Pegasus with him, which prompted her to widen her eyes to the size of dinner plates.

"OOOOOH!!! I've always wanted to visit New Pegasus! But my parents always said I was too young but I don't live with them anymore so it really doesn't matter what they say so YES! I'd love to go!" The unicorn paused for a moment as she put a hoof on her chin. "Oooh, I heard there were a lot of mean ponies in New Pegasus. Those crazy Fiends, Caesar's meanies, and those other raiders like The Jackals!" She clasped her hooves together, an evil look falling onto her face. "So much potential..." she said with a vicious grin.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 am

Scrap couldn't really hear most of Kes and Trails conversation but did hear Trails offer to go exploring with him.

"A trip? I'll go. Where would we be headed exactly?" Scrap inquired of Trails. "Before we head out could we hit the bar though?"
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 am

His business with the stallion concluded Kes continued on towards the markets. He had a time limit to beat now, he had to resupply and get to the Tavern ASAP.

When he arrived there the Markets were crawling with ponies, some selling, others buying, all busy as bees in a hive. Lucky for him most of the bustling townsfolk felt it was a good idea to move out of the big, heavily armed, gryphons path.

Most supplies that Kes piked up were simple things for the road ahead. An extra canteen, bringing his total to 3, a nice little shoulder holster for his revolver, a toughened leather pack for holding his rifle magazines and other ammo, again for the shoulder: He already had holsters for his rifles and shotgun.

Traveling the desert would mean Kes needed to travel light, but he did not want to sacrifice his overall damage output to do so. He was going to need to sell some ammo, maybe even that shotgun of his. He would most definitely be selling or trading off the extra armor he had acquired over his past travels.

But first he had to find the right...well what have we here? Kes had been looking around the market for an appropriate place to sell of his weapons, the Armory in town had not wanted them at the moment for some reason, and he had just found it at the end of the street.

It was a decently sized booth. One that was currently packed with random bits of armor and weapons. The owner, an older looking earth pony, was grinding away at something sending sparks showering onto the street before him. Checking his Pipbuck's clock Kes found he had 8 minutes left.

Plenty of time to browse.

(Typed at school, may edit when I get home.)
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Tue May 08, 2012 10:30 am

“Uhm… right. After the defenses fell…” Bakewell muttered. When Trails called out to the group the mare quickly grasped the chance to change the conversation topic.

“A trip to the desert? Could be fun. How far away?” She called back to Trails before turning to glance at the tavern. Her voice quieted as she began planning to herself. “I’ll need to get some food and water. Definitely water. Tavern should have both. Probably’ll want to travel light for a better pace, or so that I can help carry other ponies stuff...”
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 am

"I'm heading to New Pegasus, the trip'll take about two weeks all told if we travel light and fast. Limit your packs to about 75 pounds if you're coming. We leave in 8." Trails looked over the stable ponies a second time, and again he groaned internally. This trip would probably end up being a much slower and more aggrivating one now.
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Tue May 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Kira looked as the ponies seemed to gathering around them with like moth to a flame except with the mush less burning but who knew that could happen at any time, she recognized some the ponies from the battle but the two younger once were new to her but still something about these ponies still reminded her of the battle and all the death that was during that time. She quickly shock her head to not go back to that day.

She looked over as Trail asked about asked them about his trip to New Pegasus, this could be what she were looking for a new fresh place to wander something to take her mind of things. "Yeah I am with you, I was planing to leave anyway."

She thought about it for a while but she would probably need to but some supply not only for the trip but also for when they were in the desert. She got over to the market to try to get her the supplies, water was a priority but also other things some basic food and and extra canteens. Luckily she had already planed on leaving making so she only needed some extra supplies for the longer trip.

When done she made sure her supply were secure in her bag along with her ammo and the extra explosives she had bought earlier that day. She were heading back to the Tavern hoping she could get one more drink before they were to head out.

Last edited by Kira on Tue May 08, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 pm

The discussion at the travellers table was being overheard by an down-on-the-luck feeling unicorn by the bar, slowly working his way through a bottle of scotch.

Arc's history with Happy Trails and Kestrel wasn't a long one, but they, along with Cross Roads, were first three living beings he met in the Wastes that didn't considered him a food, and he still felt that he owned them.

After the events that took place in Trail's factory, Stableton decided to give him a promotion, witch came with a rusty desk and playing Jenga with ever rising stacks of paper. Few days before the battle, he decided that he had enough with this and tagged along with another scavenger to nearby, newly discovered stash of pre-war scrap, recently unearthed by the rain. After spending some time there, and realizing that the place was unfortunately not worthy of any additional attention, they found themselves on the other side of Surgeon's forces laying siege on Stableton.Completely under equipped for the situation, they layed low until the shootout ended.
    After Surgeon's loud demise, Arc and the other one finnaly found situation calm enough to return home. There, Arc found his home once again torn apart, once again he found himself with nothing, all his earthly possesions lost in the mayhem. With these emotions rampaging through his head, he found himself sitting at the tavern, trying to find out whether there is oblivion at the bottom of bottle.

"Well... so here we are again, arriving late to the party only to find myself sitting amongst the ruins...
    Celestiadamit, i have to get out of here before i go nuts, this time for real."

"... i'm heading to New Pegasus..."

"Wait... is that Trail's voice? So he plans to leave..."
    "Well, what do i have to lose anyway?", and with that he trotted towards their table.

"Hello Happy Trails. I'm Arc Weld, we met some time back, i assisted you with scouting of you factory. I overheard that you plan to head towards New Pegasus, do you still have some place left for additional crewmember?"

edit:typo
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Tue May 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Lightning listened closely to the details and he would nod toward Trails. "I see. I'm up for an adventure so I'll come." He began to think about the things he would need for the little trip. Food and water was a must. Especially for the desert. Ammunition is also important for defense.

He had been planning to travel for some time now and luckly already, his little "house" didn't get burned too badly during the battle so Lightning would look towards the others and say, "I already have most of my supplies ready. It'll just take a second for me to go get them."

Leaping up into the air, Lightning gave a quick wave the the ponies below before flying off back to his shack. As he stepped inside, he peered around the empty room. The only things around were the occasional scattered ammunition and food. Propped up against the wall was his bag. Walking up to it, he opened it and checked the materials inside. A canteen for water and some spare rations. Lightning had gotten lucky and managed to get one healing potion but that was all he had. "This is probably less than 75 pounds..." he murmured before closing the bag and throwing it on his back, securing it tightly with the strap. He adjusted his SMG on his right and pistol on his left. 3 clips of ammo for the SMG and 2 clips for the pistol, he noted mentally. It should be enough for this journey.

Walking out of the shack, he shut the door behind him before checking his Pipbuck for the time. He would take off into the air and begin to fly back where the pegasus had left the others.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Tue May 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Scrap listened attentivly to Trails's explanation of where they were going. Nodding quickly he gave his response. "We'll I'm in. Was planning on leaving again after I said hi to a few ponies anyway. I'm all just about all packed, one of the few benefits of bouncing between settlements." Scrap said with a small chuckle. "Still gonna go grab a couple things though."

With that he excused himself to go buy some more water and food. He had enough spark batteries to keep his weapons fed so he didn't worry much about that. Fortunately all that he needed could be found at the local tavern, along with the drink he'd been waiting for.

So that's where Scrap went and after buying his supplies he sat down to wait.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Tue May 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Kes walked up to the little 'shop' and began browsing over the selection, the predators gaze admiring a few peices of hardware that were hanging on racks, or lying on the table itself. Whoever this gunsmith was, he knew what he was doing. It had been a while since Kes had seen weapons in this fine a quality.

Clearing his throat Kes got the shop owner attention. What happened next was quite possibly the most interesting interaction between customer and store owner that Kes had ever been apart of. Kes sold his lever action shotgun and all its ammo, his old set of combat armor, and a few things he had picked up from the raiders in the Battle; and then he purchased a healthy supply of ammo, as much as he dared to carry. His buying spree ended with the purchase of a simple magazine upgrade for his Sniper rifle. It was a bit pricey, but for 5 extra rounds of long-range death it was worth every cap.

And all of this happened without a single spoken word between Kes and the shopkeeper.

His caps rather depleted now, and stocked for the road Kes made his way to the Tavern, finding Trails and coming to stand beside him with six minutes to spare. In a bout of what most would foolishly call kindness, Kes passed an extra box of his. 357 ammo to Trails, last the gryphon heard he still used that customized Cowpony Repeater that he had found in those ruins outside Filly.

Kes had shown up with an extra weapon though, his signature Hunting rifle to be exact. For this first day he would keep it and watch the others. When he found one responsible enough he would pass it along for them to hold, maybe even use.

Last edited by Kestrel on Tue May 08, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nerfed the shopkeeper and sold some more stuff.)
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Tue May 08, 2012 6:42 pm

"im in, nothing really much to do." Sky said, as she listened to trails explanation. "and same with scrap already what i own on my back, just need to do some stuff." Sky said as she turned and headed to a repair smith, to get her armor and guns fixed.

Arriving at the market, She looked for the right booth. At the end of the market was the one she was looking for, She walked towards to it. Holding her security barbing in her saddle bags, she had the smith, repair her armor and ten millimeter pistol. which took hoof load of caps, for not repairing them regularly. but back in her hands and her armor back on she headed out for the tavern, for a last drink before she left.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Tue May 08, 2012 7:35 pm

New Pegasus was only two weeks away? Bakewell had never been that far out, the distant city had always seemed so unreachable and distant. Two weeks wasn’t exactly a quick trip, but it was far less than the mare would have expected. She had been wanting a vacation, and traveling with such a large group was probably both safer and more enjoyable than trying to brave the wastes alone. “Roger, chief. Be back in a flash, I just need to buy some stuff.” She told Trails before turning and galloping towards the tavern.

The actual process of buying went decently well, though Bakewell was slightly shaken by the price. She normally avoided buying and selling goods at the tavern and now she certainly remembered why. By the time the earth pony made her way back to Trails she was short almost all of her meager amount of caps, with only a smaller-than-she-would-have-liked amount of water and pre-war food to show for it. Oh well, at least her load would be pretty light.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Tue May 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Violet clapped her hooves together in glee, before dashing away down the street, leaving a cloud of dust in her wake, heading for the clinic. A few minutes later, she left, wearing a suit of light leather barding and saddlebags full of medical supplies, some of her own she brought with her to Stableton, and some the clinic donated after all the help she gave. Which meant she had a set of medical tools, and a decent supply of painkillers and health potions. She also had the cleaver Starry gave her hanging off her bag, as well as a bonesaw...for some reason. Did she expect to have to hack off somepony’s limbs at some point? No matter.

Point being, she was once again standing by Trails, all her gear on and characteristic grin on her face.

“Alright! All ready!”
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Tue May 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Trails grinned down at the little filly. He decided he liked her instantly, the cheeriness was refreshing despite its underlying morbidity. She'd no doubt make the trip go by faster, even if her age might be a bit low on the scale. He wasn't too concerned, after all he was her age when he had started shooting to kill. Not much older when he first went to Stalliongrad either.

"Good, c'mon we've got to pick up Kes and everypony at the tavern." He gave the filly a wink and led her to the Tavern.

The posse had all gathered there and ready to depart. Most of them had made the rookie mistake of worrying about food. The Wasteland provided more than enough of that to ponies who knew how to respect it and look. Purified water was another top priority for them, a less amateur mistake and an understandable one, but a mistake nonetheless. Again the Wasteland gave water to those who were willing to put a little time and energy into it. Kes seemed to have the right idea wit his bulging ammo packs though.

"Alright we're heading out now, before the sun gets too high." He began. "There'll be one pace : mine. We make camp at sun down and get up at sun rise. Once the caravan reaches the NLR outpost at the Bottom of the Mohoofe you'll all have to begin observing a few simple rules. 1. Don't pick sides, NLR and Caesar have been making a point to co-opt anypony in the desert into their little war from what I hear. I don't aim to join in on some flag's land grab if I can help it. 2. Don't go off on your own unless you fancy being eaten by a creature you can't describe. 3. Don't go into New Pegasus and lose all of your caps." He paused a minute t let his words sink in. "Let's go then."
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Tue May 08, 2012 10:01 pm

The party left Stableton and entered the high desert. The trip quickly became the quagmire Trails feared it would become. Two full weeks behind schedule the group arrived at the edge of the Mohoofe, a days trot from the NLR outpost and their official entrance into a whole new kind of Wasteland.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Tue May 08, 2012 10:16 pm

The trip thus far had him nice and sore in a few places, and a bit dustier than was normal for the bird. Not that he complained about it at all. If there was anything to honestly complain about it would have had to be that whole incident with the Cowpony town and that damned wild Brahmin herd. It had put them two weeks behind schedule.

Again, not a peep from Kes.

Looking up and around at the local surroundings Kestrel could see they were coming up on the beginnings of the hellish land known as the Mohoofe.

He ran a quick check of his inventory again, this time with his Pipbuck and his talons. Everything was accounted for and in the end Kes came out toting a little over 55 pounds of gear. Good, he would need to keep light if he was to keep living on this trip. Especially now that they were about to enter the Mohoofe proper.

A quick swig from a canteen and Kes was once again ready to move. As always he kept towards the back of the group, and never let his gaze settle on something for more than a few seconds. He wanted to be ready for action in case anything were to attack...
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Tue May 08, 2012 10:25 pm

They were finally there, despite all the problems, namely crazy Brahmin, that had waylaid their band, the Mohoofe desert's wide expanse spread across Scrap's entire field of vision. Somewhere within the sunbleached wastes lay the glittering jewel that was New Pegasus.

Unfortunately they weren't there yet and the visions of New Pegasus were still within Scrap's mind. Absentmindedly he checked his pipbuck screen to see his inventory. Everything was still there minus the food and water he had consumed during the trek sofar.

Then it was time to move again, so Scrap fell in line with the others.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Tue May 08, 2012 10:48 pm

As Bakewell stared at the surrounded landscape she decided that the trip hadn’t been nearly as unpleasant as it could have been. The group was still alive and in relatively good condition; a definite plus in the wastelands. There had even been a neat side-trek with a cool town and some mad Brahmin.

Bakewell herself had spent most of the trip surprisingly silent, speaking for the most part only when spoken to and following any instructions as best as she was able. She was always eager to help, but was even more eager to learn. This was the one of the only times Bakewell had travelled so far from Stableton, and she felt like not attempting to take advantage of any lessons she could observe and understand from the more skilled members would be a terrible sin. She would need to know most of this anyway should she ever hope to travel similar distances with a smaller party.

When the group started moving again Bakewell quickly fell in line. She couldn't wait to see the Mohoofe.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Tue May 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Sky looked on to see they had finally made it, to the mohoofe wasteland. She just stretched her wings, after those days of flying and being at that town left her sore in the morning. well nowhere they are, just about another days trot to the NLR post.

Sky did a quick of her inventory, using her pipbuck. The two weeks at the town left her nearly dry on food, but she was good on ammo and water. Ok water not so much, she had enough saved up for about another day or two. But she digressed as her contents all weighed around 40 pounds, 43 to be exact.

Now all that was left is to follow the others, and get something out of this place called the mohoofe wasteland.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:45 am