Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Mona Tones
Cross Roads
Sawdust
Winter Bell
Atriark
Arc Weld
Lucky Draw
11 posters

Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED)

Sashka
    Sashka
    Level 1
    Level 1

Location : 01000011 01100001 01101110 01100001 01100100 01100001

Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Of Luck and Booze (FINISHED)

Post by Sashka Fri May 18, 2012 5:33 pm

The door of the bar swung open as some patron where leaving, they stepped back as a cloaked figure entered the bar and walked over to the counter, taking a free spot without a seat and dropping a couple caps on the counter.
    "Give me a cider and two shots of whiskey."
    She said to the bartender with a slight accent, using a hoof to push back her hood and reveal her striped face. her grey mane tied back so it was kept from her face.

It was obvious she was a stranger, and some even gave her suspicious looks, put with only a cloak and saddle bags she did not look like much of a threat.

The fact of her being new to the town was true, she had just come out of Manehatten, having made her way to Stableton after taking a boat from Hoofington, and was now in need of a stiff drink. She was uncomfortable in present company, the mix of different races had her distrustful but she hoped that succumbing to the lull of alcohol would make it fade away as she knocked back the two shots, one after the other and washed them down with cider.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 18, 2012 5:34 pm

"Darn it, such a beatiful, clear nigh and nopony to spend it with. Great conditions to stargaze, Lyra's high above the horizon... eh, lets go check on Lucky."

As Arc entered the bar again, the griffin on stage just finished his song and the band was preparing for another. The bartable seemed to be occupied by strangers, so Arc decided he migh as well go cheer for Lucky in his race against sobriety. So far, both contestants appeared to be tied, but Arc has seen many fall before Lucky's almighty liver.

"Keep it up, matey, and in a year, you'll make it hard enough to be bulletproof."
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Fri May 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Lucky heard Arc's comment and laughed.

"That's the idea, mate! Need to get me some better protection anyway, those raiders'r gettin' better at shooting me!"

He continued laughing, the large amount of alcohol in his system finally taking full effect, and his speech becoming ever harder to understand.

Cocktail had just given the newest addition to the increasing rabble the drinks she ordered, and then began muttering to himself. The only intelligible thing that could be heard from him was something about "so many zebras" as he headed to the end of the bar closest to the drinking contest and began wiping down mugs for afterward.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Fri May 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Dash blinked and looked over as Sashka entered, he had seen plenty of Zebras but it seemed as if this one was being intentionally shady about her identity. Dash personally wasn't one for racism, so he didn't let it bother him. After all, he did remember the tenants of Friendship City. After all it was 'Friendship City' not 'Adhere to our social norms, or go away and die City'. He took a few more sips of his drink and gave Sashka another glance, 'Maybe she would know where... No! That's profiling!' Dash argued with himself. He was starting to get a slight bit antsy about getting moving on his search for Leafrun, but he knew plain and simple, he was no match for the slavers in this get-up and with the weapon he had. He needed better equipment. So, as much as it pained him, he began to think that maybe he should be picking up some odd jobs around the town. He looked over to the two ponies having a drinking contest, Dash made a sort of face, here he was drinking simply because it was liquid that wouldn't make him sick, but they were getting drunk for fun, "Waste of resources..." Dash mumbled.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Fri May 18, 2012 6:59 pm

"Twilight Sparkle ? isn't that one of the ministry mares ?" Cross heard the blue mare speak, and quickly he swung about his seat and tried to give her a reply.

"Thats correct um....not sure I know your name Miss......well Twilight Sparkle was the head mare of the Ministry of Arcanic Science, she believed that if we believe in ourselves and dedicated ourselves to magic then we achieve progress, that we can build something thats even better than ourselves" Cross's eyes twinkled as he said this, grinning widely, it was rare he ever got to talk about....anything that had to do with the Twilight Society, even if he couldn't say most of it.....he would get in alot of trouble if he mentioned it

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Blazen forcefully drank down another shot, then lifted the bucket on the ground as close to his mouth as he possibly could, and he threw up. The food and disgusting sound coming out of his mouth was evident. He started lowering the bucket, but then lifted it back up to his mouth as he continued to throw up. This was most likely because of his digestion of Mint-als and beer, or just plainly the stuff he was drinking. He was tired of having Mint-als, and he already knew a good replacement (depending on whether or not it is good it doesn't matter), pre-war bubblegum. Although it sounded and tasted terrible, it was something to bite on anyways. As he finally stopped throwing up, the bucket was half-full. He slowly put it on the ground and he looked at Lucky. "Sorry....about that." He said, his throat burning.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Winter listened to Cross's explanation of the ministry mare. Instantly she could tell the buck had some kind of passion for the subject and she would be lying if she said it didn't have her curious. She wondered what could have the stallion that enamoured with a pony who had long ago died, leaving them in the horrific world of today. "Winter Bell" she said simply, "My name is Winter Bell" she said with a soft smile before she persisted to ask about the ministry mare, "So how is it you came to know so much about her ?" she asked.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri May 18, 2012 7:41 pm

"And thus, the circle is complete. Hey, don't be sorry, you managed to hit the bucket, that's why it's there, and considering the hospital's still a mess, i think this beats alcohol poisoning. Anyway, you're finished? I'll help you with the bucket."

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 10:22 pm

"Im...probably going to need it a few more times, considering." He said to him, and the guy seemed pretty nice. Probably a good friend to have in the wasteland, like some of the people in the tavern. "I threw up after a few shots, and the bucket is practically half full, so, yeah." He said, and looked at the bartender near the bar. "Hey, any chance i can get another bucket over here?"
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Fri May 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Cocktail didn't even look over as he replied. "Sorry kid, s'only bucket I got. Dump it out in the trash pile out back if you need to."

Lucky, who was giggling for some reason, picked up and downed yet another shot. He set the glass down and began cackling, a high pitched sound that disrupted all other noise in the place. He nearly fell off his seat in his drunken fervor, and managed to contain himself just long enough to reposition himself on the chair.

"I'm on fire! HaHaHAHAHAHahahahaHaHA! Quick, take a drink so's I can put m'self out! HAHAHAHAAAAA!"

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Blaze, saying nothing, and feeling bile coming up his throat, took another drink, drinking down the disgusting bile, and ran outside with the bucket in hand. He slammed open the door to the tavern, and once he found the trash pile, he dumped the bucket full of bile onto the trash pile, then threw up even more, seeing some Mint-als in the throw up. This also meant that when beer and Mint-als were in his system; things didn't work out. He slowly walked back to the tavern, walking back in side and feeling terrible. He set the bucket by his chair by the table. "...A-alright..."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Fri May 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Dash, having finally gotten over his wave of initial impressions about the glittering example of Wasteland Society, absolutely no sarcasm intended, looked to the Barkeep. He was honestly surprised that there weren't full-on brawls from some of the stories he had heard about from beyond Friendship City. He still needed to find Leafrun and get him out of whatever most assuredly bad situation he was in. Stories about Slavers were even worse, "Hey I need to know," Dash began, confident, to the barkeeper, Cocktail, was his name, he had overheard a few times, "If there are any Slavers in this area, that would maybe make it up near Manehatten and Friendship City. They took something from me..."
    Mona Tones
    Mona Tones
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Mona Tones Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Mona would have taken the drink she was served. Slowly, she lifted the glass with her telekinesis and took a sip of the green liquid inside. While Absinthe usually had a more delicate serving process for other, less herbivore-inclined races, for a pony, they didn't need any of that sugarcube stuff, the flowers and herbs in it's making alone made it palatable to their tastebuds.

After taking another drink from the glass, Mona turned her attention back towards the drinking contest, only to see the hatless earth pony go galloping out the stable doors for a moment, face a very noticable shade of green...It wasn't hard to see who had won this game, and she turned back towards the bar.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Sat May 19, 2012 5:53 am

"Umm ughh...." Cross placed his hoof behind the back of his head, but he had to come up with an answer for the mare....Winter.....Winter Bell was her name...was asking about how he carried such a wealth of knowledge about Twilight Sparkle... he wasn't sure what to say, nopony had ever bothered trying to learn more....he blushed

"Well...I guess its because grew up at Tenpony, I guess you could say she's a popular figure there, she was always the one you learn about when you started magic training.....I don't really go there too often anymore except when I just need a place to stay awhile, I pay for an apartment....." Cross wasn't sure what he should be saying next, but she just kept looking at him, actually listening.

"So umm...why are you here? whats your purpose?....what do you want out of everything? If you dont mind me asking..." Cross wasn't too good with small talk, although it was painfully apparent it took a large amount of willpower to keep himself from turning red since rarely did he ever meet ponies in social settings such as this one.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Sat May 19, 2012 8:38 am

So the Barkeep had turned out to be a dead end, because apparently, 'We fought a bunch of Slavers last month, they're probably pushing up topsoil if they hung out anywhere near here.' Dash gave a sigh spliced with a groan. He felt like leaving the town when he remembered the one small ray of hope, the possible glittering beacon of sanity in a rolling sea of stupidity. He looked at Winter Bell with a searching look and backtracked through his memories of himself and his brother playing in the walkways of Friendship City, 'Yeah... I've seen her before... Can't remember her name for the life of me... I probably never talked to her, there were a ton of other ponies there. Not so much community communication as some would probably like.'

If even she turned up negative for any useful information, he knew she would at least point him in a good direction, perhaps even help him better understand this place, she had plainly been here longer than he had. He approached to see that she was engaged in a conversation with an orangey unicorn stallion. When he saw the look on his face he wanted to roll his eyes, 'Oh jeez...' He drew in a breath, then spoke up, "Excuse me, miss, forgive me if I'm interrupting, but, you wouldn't happen to be from Friendship City, would you?"
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Sat May 19, 2012 10:02 am

Winter Bell listened intently as Cross explained how he knew so much about the ministry mare. She brought a hoof to her muzzle at one point to stifle a laugh at his face slowly turning a different colour. She wasn't entirely sure why he felt uncomfortable but it was quite humorous. She did actually find it interesting to hear about one of the ministry mares and she heard rumours that somewhere in the Canterlot ruins is a place called the Ministry Walk which is supposedly filled with knowledge about them along with all kinds of Tech. But the place was also supposedly so dangerous that you would be dead before you even pierced the outskirts. She looked thoughtful for a moment as Cross asked about her, wondering how to go about explaining. "Well I'm here because I was thirsty... and I was just passing through to wherever since I'm not entirely sure where I'm going or what I want to do. All I really know is-" she stopped as another buck asked her a question. she turned to face the buck and smiled softly, "Yes I am" she said before asking her own question, "Is there something I can help you with ?" she asked, wondering if he needed help.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 am

"Well, you see..." Dash began, he rubbed a fore hoof behind his head, once again feeling apprehensive about really even thinking about the time before his brother had been kidnapped. The happy memories seemed so long ago now, like he had been fully conscious every second of the 2 months he had been in the Friendship City Clinic and then his parent's living room, in a coma from being shot through the chest. Dash still remembered that horrified look on Leafrun's face as his view went sideways as he had fallen. The little Unicorn colt not thinking at all about himself as he was dragged away into a future of slavery. Dash once again had to recompose himself, "I'm from Friendship City too, my parents were Cirrus and Willow Whisper, Cirrus was an Enclave Deserter, maybe you heard of him... Anyways, I was hoping you could tell me how to get started around here. I've been having a little trouble, and... Well... And I'm looking for someone, my brother."
    Sawdust
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sawdust Sat May 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Sawdust had remained quiet and concentrated on Cross through both little speeches, she knew it was probably more than a bit of lying, but whatever! The point was Cross was talking about the only pony she really trusted at this point and that made her really happy. She didn't bother to stifle a wide smile, then a magic word was said, 'Slavers'. She gave Cross a smile and sort of absently said, "Oh yeah, I'm Sawdust." ... "Oh! Good to meet you. Yes." ...

She didn't leave her spot, turning in place so that cross and the one who had asked about slavers were both in sight.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sat May 19, 2012 7:15 pm

Suddenly, a soaking wet buffalo burst through the doors. Everypony in the bar stopped what they were doing and looked at the source of noise. The buffalo stood in the doorway menacingly, anger etched into his features. He looked around the bar at all the patrons, until he saw a certain red-hooded unicorn. He walked towards Cross, anyone in his way moving very quickly, and he eventually came to a stop right in front of the yellow pony.

"That ain't what I meant when I told you to get my drink, asshole," the buffalo growled. Just then, Lucky sauntered up to him, and draped his foreleg with a pipbuck over the bovine's shoulder. He took one look at the buffalo's now bewildered face and said, "Hey baby, I always liked that wet mane thing."

[if need be, I'll edit this post.]

The next thing Lucky saw was a massive hoof coming straight at his face, and he jumped left to dodge the attack. The buffalo missed, and socked a particularly large earth pony directly in the jaw.

The resulting brawl managed to encompass nearly all of the people in the bar, and the place went from 'controlled chaos' to 'utter anarchy'.

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Blazen wasn't surprised, infact, he wanted to join in the chaos. He grabbed a chair and attempted to hit the zebra who hit on him. He smirked, payback was a bitch. Besides, he wasn't gay.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 pm

The member 'Blazen Shield' has done the following action : Chance Roll

'Chance Roll' : 81
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Sat May 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Cross was just staring at this newcomer with a moreso blank, content expression but deep inside, he couldn't possibly be more agitated...he hated getting ignored, getting interrupted, and worst yet it seemed Winter had dropped their conversation to talk to the new Stallion. Turning his head the other way, he let out a deep breath and thought about it. He wanted to change, he sincerely believed he could be better than he always had been, but a lack of manners.....that was too much. But before Cross could 'creatively' plan what to do, out the corner of his eye, he saw a buffalo slam the shutters on the bar door and and march over.

"That ain't what I meant when I told you to get my drink, asshole," Cross stared at the wet long-haired buffalo and was nearly about to burst out laughing until Lucky came over and tried to hit on what he thought must've been a 'bovine', and Cross was nearly dying of laughter

Then lucky took a hoof to the face.

And faster than anyone could see, Cross's baton flew out of belt and swung across the buffalo, but Winter was still here, there was no way he was going to get hurt, so he tried backing up as well, His eyes began to burn a furious red and his horn brightened up the room....bringing up his spell.

Despite perhaps falling to old habits, at least this time he was doing it for a friend, and his grin proudly saluted that fact.

(Melee 50, swinging baton at buffalo, Magic 100, Shield on Winter)
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sat May 19, 2012 7:27 pm

The member 'Cross Roads' has done the following action : Chance Roll

#1 'Chance Roll' : 54

--------------------------------

#2 'Chance Roll' : 39
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Sat May 19, 2012 7:45 pm

When the door slammed open Winter jumped, the sound startling her as she turned to see what caused the sound. When the large buffalo walked over her ears fell back as she lowered herself to the floor slightly. Unsure what to do or how to react she simply locked up her hooves, not saying a word as she was too frightened by the hulking buffalo. She watched worriedly as the buffalo squared up to Cross and she was sure this was going to get bad. She contemplated bolting for the door but it was too late. All of a sudden the bar broke out into a mass brawl and Winter instantly thought to gallop for the door. But before she could even begin to gallop a shield appeared around her, and just as a chair came flying towards her. The shield seemed to deflect the chair without any problem but she couldn't shake the fact it would have hit her head on had the buck not thrown the shield up. She didn't know what to do.. what could she do but watch from the safety of the shield. She watched the yellow Unicorn fight, hoping he'd be ok. For both their sakes.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Dash was all but completely distracted by the sudden eruption between the buffalo and some stallion who he remembered had won the drinking contest. He had no other weapon he felt comfortable with, so in a heartbeat his 9mm was in his mouth, gritting down his teeth on it so hard that he was certain that if he even thought slightly about firing it, it would go off. He blinked and looked back to Winter when he had seen an arcane glow to see that the yellow unicorn had put a shield around her, 'That... idiot!' Dash growled in his head. He looked to the rest of the bar and saw that now his own route of escape was now cut off as well, now by a ferocious melee he would stand no chance in due to his recent recovery, 'OH THAT DUMB BUCKER!!' he growled in his head once again. He took up the only position he felt was advantageous to himself, making sure no pony decided to hit Cross from behind and doom all of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:10 pm