Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

5 posters

Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses?

Poll

Well?

[ 5 ]
    Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? I_vote_lcap38%Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? I_vote_lcap15%Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? I_vote_lcap46%Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? I_vote_rcap [46%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? Empty Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses?

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Has watching ponies and being a brony made you more empathetic towards Horses?

For Example, I was watching the Assassin's Creed 3 cinematic trailer, and it involves a scene where the protagonist Assassin, Connor, takes cover behind the horse he's riding to avoid being mowed down by British Musket fire. He emerges unscathed, but the horse, well, it was hit at most 24 times with musket shot. I found myself wincing and saying half-aloud, "That wasn't cool!"

It's a reaction I wouldn't have exactly had prior to being a brony, at least I think. What's your take on it?
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? Empty Re: Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses?

Post by Sky Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:35 pm

actually for me, i dont have a problem with horse like in games cause its a game. but i understand what you mean, but in real life i would have winced in shock. Not only to horses but to alot of different animals as well, but the show made feel more attached to them since the show. Like moot i always liked them.
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? Empty Re: Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses?

Post by Jasmine Beat Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:54 pm

I've actually noticed that in myself as well. I always had a soft spot for all animals, I've even become vegetarian in honor of my love for them. But I noticed after a while that not only my love for horses has increased after getting into MLP; but my increased love for horses was directly proportional to the amount of MLP I'd watch....

OOH! funny story- I was walking through the grocery store the other day and found myself in the meat section. I recall thinking to myself "oh god, if I was a pony this section would be so disturbing"!

Have ponies made you more empathetic toward Horses? 42599183
    Spark Gunner
    Spark Gunner
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Spark Gunner Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 pm

You'll laugh, but I had the same reaction than in your example when I played the remake of MGS: Peace walker for XBOX 360. Toward the end, Snake chase after a newly completed Metal Gear on a horse, but the Metal Gear is able to move on really difficult terrain and start climbing a mountain. Snake try to follow it but must jump off the horse when it miss a step and fall to his death. I think I wouldn't have really cared before watching MLP, but there I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor mare. (Yep, it was a mare, it was said a little earlier in the game)
    Granite Forge
    Granite Forge
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Granite Forge Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:34 am

Meh, it varies for me.
    In general, any sort of animal abuse will cause me to rage.
    MLP hasn't made me more empathetic towards horses, or ponies in general. They are like any other animal that isn't sentient.

In fact, I had the chance to ride a miniature horse a while back....
    For those who have ridden them before, you probably know what happens next. Damn colt nearly bucked me right off. Serves me right to think that horse riding would be easy. Pfft, what a laugh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 pm