Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+14
Zestari
Ember Hooves
Jasmine Beat
Dawn Blaze
Cuppa Beans
Sawdust
Sky
Spark Gunner
Pendant
Kestrel
Ashen Coat
Arc Weld
Scrap Parts
Bakewell Tart
18 posters

Institute (Interest Check)

Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Institute (Interest Check) Empty Institute (Interest Check)

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 am

I’m not entirely sure that I’m doing the process here right but someone will tell me if I'm not so away we go!

Plot:
    Far into the wastes stands a lone and towering building waging a personal war against the tests of time. Large heavy doors have remained silently shut for longer than anypony can remember in a stubborn resistance to the many scavengers and raiders who are lured to the thoughts of treasure. Many have tried, but nopony has ever successfully entered the slumbering behemoth.

Until now.

You and your caravan had just stumbled across a gold mine of tech. Prism rifles, power armor, even a possibly working water talisman littered the walls of an uninhabited underground bunker. Luck is a cruel goddess, however; even as you were praising her she was plotting your demise in the form of Steel Rangers. They saw the tech, saw you, and attacked without question. You never stood a chance.

You have awoken in a big fluffy bed without a cap to your name. Irritably cheerful music filters down from the heavens as depictions of happy pegusi fly around and beam down at you from the somehow animated cloud motif ceiling. Every bone in your body aches as you glance at your surroundings. You are lost, you are alone, you are alive.

What is this?:
    This is an interest check thread for an (Probably way too idealistic) idea that I have been playing around with; A thread with a vague end goal (Escape), but nothing forcing you along. My goal is to let the players (Who will be in teams of preferably two, but if enough people want in we’ll probably have to split it into three. Each team will probably have a separate thread so that I can keep up with who is where doing what.) have as many choices as possible while also making each and every choice matter (Even if I am the only one who will ever realize it) at least slightly in the scheme of the thread. The thread probably will not happen for a while; I would estimate a few weeks at the least. A month at the max.

So then why am I running an interest check so early? Because OOCly this thread will be very hard to do. I can have a basic layout and a “This is what I ultimately want to achieve”, but that’s it. As a GW I will have to try and roll with your punches in the exact same way that you have normally have to roll with mine. I am not going to lie. There are many ways this idea could fail, and the way it is structured and the fact that I will rarely to never attempt to usher people into progressing almost guarantees that the thread will be long. I want to make sure people are interested in helping me try out a possibly slow moving and low to no reward thread that could easily crumble at a moments notice.

Combat/Puzzles/Standing around jabbing and playing tic-tac-toe:
    There will probably be some combat, and some puzzles. I cannot say how much of each. I hope to keep combat on the low side and puzzles on the medium to high but there are many things you guys could do to increase or decrease the levels in thread even at the very starting gate. All combat will hopefully be fairly balanced even if I have to cheat to do so. (For example: If Kes joins and gets paired with a bunch of level ones I will take behind the scenes measures to try and ensure that everyone matters and that Kes isn’t soloing everything. If at any point in thread your rolls don’t seem accurate to your stats this is probably why.)

Items:
    You will enter the thread with nothing at all, but your starting inventory will be returned to you by the end of the thread. I am reserving the right to spawn items from low to godly. This does not mean they WILL spawn but even if they do let me make it perfectly clear that one of the few unchangeable rules is that you will not be keeping these items after the thread ends. Any items that you can keep will (Hopefully) be specifically handed out to you at the thread end. That said do not expect to gain much loot-wise from this thread. You’ll probably just make a varying amount of caps unless (Or possibly even if) someone wants to make unique weapons for the thread in my stead.

Risk of Death:
    Will be low. One of the hopefully few choice restrictions that I’m putting in place is that you will not be allowed to do anything so stupid that it will kill everyone and/or implode reality in a tasteful display of rainbows before asking you to buy the new “Solid WibbleSnake” character skin DLC for Cuppa Beans.

Thread Mood: Depends on you guys a bit as well, but I’m not going to go into massive grimdark or anything and if my predictions are right I think the thread will be rather lighthearted to medium.

Update Speed: Depends initially upon how many people join. After that expect one to two updates per day max. Possibly slower depending on how much I have to keep up with / what life is doing. Rolling with you will take time. I cannot emphasize the word time enough.

Overhyping the idea: Probably. Can’t blame me for trying though.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Institute (Interest Check) Empty Re: Institute (Interest Check)

Post by Scrap Parts Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 am

I would be interested in joining if possible.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 am

I'm always fond of overhyped thread ideas, count me as interested.
    Ashen Coat
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:42 am

Overhyping? It sounds a bit more like downplaying, this idea really does sound interesting.

Consider my interested in sending Ashen along for this. And consider all the Steel Rangers dead for trying to deprive Ashen from getting his hoofs on a Bolt Rifle finally...Although I may allow them to live if he found one in the institution *Hint Hint*.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:00 pm

seems interesting. might join in.
    Pendant
    Pendant
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Pendant Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 pm

This is relevant to my interests Institute (Interest Check) 42599183
    Spark Gunner
    Spark Gunner
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Spark Gunner Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Okay, here come someone else, cause I wanna try that, it sound really interesting
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:54 pm

hmmm i guess i could give this a shot, got nothing else to do. And puzzles seem have my interest.
    Sawdust
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sawdust Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:10 pm

A mental instituate this looks like... Perfect place for the Crazy Mare. XD But seriously, I'm interested. Whatever pace you manage is good enough for me ^_^
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:18 pm

"One of the hopefully few choice restrictions that I’m putting in place is that you will not be allowed to do anything so stupid that it will kill everyone and/or implode reality in a tasteful display of rainbows before asking you to buy the new “Solid WibbleSnake” character skin DLC for Cuppa Beans."

I'm interested now :3
    Dawn Blaze
    Dawn Blaze
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Dawn Blaze Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Sounds like fun, i'm interested. Institute (Interest Check) 3673084296
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I would be honored to join you! This sounds like a great idea ^^
    Ember Hooves
    Ember Hooves
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Ember Hooves Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm in sounds like something I can not get too scared in... But we'll see.
    Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 pm

My application to join is at the end of a very long list, but if there's room, I'd love to be included. Either way, good luck with the thread, Bake!
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 pm

I want to join too if I can, this sounds fun!
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:43 pm

An update. I misestimated a lot of things when I gave my initial time frame.

I overestimated the amount of stuff I could safely set a skeleton for beforehand. Things can start changing as soon as you start posting so literally all I can safely do ahead of time is the very first room and a bunch of loose end scenarios in case you wander in that direction.

I underestimated myself and my ability to start it off this early.

I SEVERELY underestimated the amount of interest. I expected it to take at least a week for there to be enough interested ponies to make the thread happen. Instead my finale expectations were surpassed before the first day even ended!

The new start date is next week at some point from Friday to Sunday. If anypony has issues with that let me know. We can move it around a bit.

Everybody who has posted so far will be in it. In addition Everybody to post between now and shortly after the thread starts will also be in it. I'm not going to turn anypony down despite the fact that it will inevitably mean more work for me and a lot more choices to keep track of, but I'm going to attempt it anyway. Theoretically this will be better the more people we have.

As of now I am going with the two teams with one in each thread, But you will all start in Topic A with the second team splitting into topic B (and C if we end up having a third group) after the first small bit because your comrades and some other stuff are all determined by your actions. I'm not randomly assigning you guys to each other, you're doing that yourselves. (Though you won't be picking each other if I do my job right.) Be warned that when you're all in one group my posts may be a bit spoiler tag heavy to make it easier for you to find information that only your character is supposed to know. I can't and won't stop you from reading other people's spoiler tagged info, but suspiciously OOC based knowledge can also effect the thread in small ways, so be smart about your omnipotence!

Also a quick clarification. Bakewell will not be in this thread. Having to handle both ends at the same time would be a pain. It would also be not in the spirit of the thread if I was there as a character making choices alongside you. This was intended from the beginning but I wanted to make sure it was obvious.

Last edited by Bakewell Tart on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ravanys Blackwill
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Ravanys Blackwill Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 pm

I'd love to join, if, uh, that's okay with you... Institute (Interest Check) 1844473618
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Kipper Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Ontological mystery with ponies? Hell yes! I'll lodge tentative interest; I'd love to be involved, but I wouldn't want to bloat the thread with my dumb self when there are already so many characters.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 pm

I optimistically lied. I'm cutting signups here unless you asked earlier and I told you that you had the before mentioned time gap. (Which would be the case with one person who I think might have already posted here anyway but am not sure) Kipper seemed on edge and I'm not sure this is what he is looking for (I don't even really know what a BigphylosophicalwordstartingwithO mystery is) so if he is okay with it I'll cut him too, though I understand if he still wants in.

My notes are beginning to bulge in places pixels were never meant to bulge and I can barely accommodate this number of people. Any more will be absolutely beyond my ability. Sorry. Maybe if this is a success I'll do one in the future and prioritize those who didn't get into this one. Or maybe another member who likes my idea can start a thread of their own. It would be interesting to see how the two differed.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:35 pm

http://www.falloutequestria.net/t441-institute-a#11423

Players:

Scrap Parts
    Arc Weld
    Ashen Coat
    Kestrel
    Pendant
    Spark Gunner
    Sky
    Sawdust
    Cuppa Beans
    Dawn Blaze
    Jasmine Beat
    Ember Hooves
    Zestari
    Rad Boom
    Ravanys Blackwill
    My Sanity (M.I.A)

Have fun, take your time. Skips won't happen unless you take a week, though if other people do things that don't directly involve you then they might get updates before you post.

Have fun, my little ponies~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content