Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+8
Jasmine Beat
Shooting Spectrum
Pendant
Sky
Bakewell Tart
Scrap Parts
Kestrel
Ashen Coat
12 posters

You Wake up as your Character

Ashen Coat
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

You Wake up as your Character Empty You Wake up as your Character

Post by Ashen Coat Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Just a neat little 'What If' idea I had. One morning you wake up wherever it is you usually sleep at night, be it your bed, your computer chair, or in a tree house outside or something.

Anywho, you try to sit up out of your bed, somewhat awkwardly for some weird reason. Your body feels particularly weird that morning. Your fingers and toes feel completely numb, like they aren't even there, the way your limbs were moving felt strange and wrong, and your entire body just felt different. As you try to stand up out of bed, you fall comically flat on your face, potentially into a nearby bookcase or such if god is feeling particularly cruel. Feeling somewhat surprised that smacking your head into the ground (Or nearby furniture piece) didn't have more of an effect, you blinkingly glance around the room, which is when you finally notice something. On the end of your arms aren't a set of dexterous hands, but a pair of hard hooves....After that it doesn't take long for the rest of the changes to be noticed.

So yes, you wake up one morning not as a human, but as a pony. And as the title may imply, you're not just some random pony, but in the body of your own character, with all the physical traits that come with it. Of course for the griffons and diamond dogs among us that entire intro thing above would be completely different, for one thing someone like Kestrel is more liable to simply break said bookcase, so just imagine what that would be like in your own head.

(If you have two characters it doesn't matter which one you transform into, decide for yourself or play our both scenarios. Although do note that you would maintain your character's gender when you change, so if you're a guy and your character's a mare...Or vice versa...)

Anyway, how do you react to this surprising development? How about your family and friends? Is this the coolest thing ever or horrifying thing that will haunt your for the rest of your life? (Note that you can still speak English (Or whatever other languages you happen to speak))
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

You Wake up as your Character Empty Re: You Wake up as your Character

Post by Kestrel Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Hmm...interesting idea here. If I one day woke up as Kestrel, I would no doubt start freaking out; assuming that my mind was still my own and not over run by Kestrels own consciousness.

Getting out of bed I would most likely smash my end table and alarm clock to pieces...this would please me. After stumbling about and freaking out a bit I would try making it to the bathroom. Considering the estimated size Kes is...this would be difficult. He's taller than me IRL, so...yeah.

After that I can't really say what would happen, Mom would be flipping out no doubt. By the time the shock wore off, and we somehow managed to establish that I was me and was fine I would probably go and try getting used to the new body.

Calling a friend would be rather easy, hop on skype and use my talons to type out a message.

After that...would probably go hang with my friends and raise some hell in the woods. I figure that after the initial shock wore off being a griffon would be pretty awesome.

Would defiantly fly a lot. I'd probably have to keep low and out of sight though, because of the whole 'being a mythological creature' thing. That could get to me I guess...but in the end I know my friends would not leave me and I would make it all work out.
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Well I'd definitely panic for a while. Probably climb back into my bed and hide under the covers. Hopefully not popping it with my horn...Eventually though I'd probably calm down and climb out of bed again.

Getting out of my room might be a problem though...I don't imagine I'd suddenly be familiar with magic so I'd spend a while trying to get the door open...

My family and friends would definitely panic too, though eventually I'd imagine they'd calm down and realize it really was still me.

I'd use a ton of magic once I figured it out, which would be really convenient. Unfortunately though there would be a bunch of problems. I could possibly make it work.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:07 pm

It would be a pretty huge change, and I would certainly have an initial freak out. After my mind calmed… well, I’m not really sure what I would do. I can’t exactly leave the house. Nobody would believe who I was. Typing would be… pretty close to impossible and would take a lot of time. Maybe eventually I could handle a phone, though even that would carry complications.

I would have to be careful not to be seen; a My Little Pony character being spotted running around the real world would cause like one fourth of the internet to get interested in me. I would be pretty paranoid about the wrong kind of someone finding out about me. I feel like it would be a bit like being under house arrest, really.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:42 pm

If I suddenly woke up as Sky, it would be really awkward. probably the first thing i do is freak out and fall to the floor, which has happened to me a bunch times. Anyways, ill probably go and start to realize that i have hooves where my fingers used to be. But if i soon realized it fast enough, I would start to smile. happily trot around and would be stuck in my room, trying to figure out a way to open the door. And using my laptop is probably out of the question as i cant open it or use it with hooves.

But on the bright side the next thing i can try is to hover off the ground, probably would fall a bunch of times before i get a good stable hover going and practice for a bit. The next thing and most awkward thing would to explain to my family, as why im a female Pegasus. But if they get through the shock of it, i can probably practice hovering outside. and in night do the best thing, try to fly out and sleep on the clouds.

that would probably go my way and if i find out others have been turned like me, i would love to go and find them. Probably go find a few brony friends first then go and see if others were turned also, if it happened to one pony, why not others?
    Pendant
    Pendant
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Pendant Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 pm

I'd jolt out of bed one Saturday morning at 6:00, having forgotten to turn of my alarm on the weekend. I'd have been so startled my jolting sent me off the side of my bed.

I'd first start to feel that something was wrong when I clutched my forehead after falling out of bed and into the little swivel-stool that sits in front of my desk (which is right next to my bed). My palms would feel oddly shaped, though I'd probably just rub my sores for a minute or so as I climb back into bed and lay there, groaning a bit.

"F-fuck..." I would say, grimacing. Then I would set my hands (hooves!) down at my sides and sigh, looking for my covers. I'd try to grasp them and realize I couldn't. My room would still be dark, of course, so I'd be a tad confused. I'd then start to realize that there was something very wrong with my hands. I'd put them together and feel my arms.

At that point I'd freak out, get up again and look for the light switch at the end of my room...and fall on my face again as I tried to stand. I'd grumble, and pull myself up and hit the lightswitch.

I'd flip at the sight of having hooves. I'd look down and see that...my god, I had hooves for feet too! And a pony's torso! I'd drop back down and feel my face, over the muzzle and the bridge of my nose, my large eyes, and then over the thick, wavy mane that reminded me of my normal hair. Then my new ears. I'd turn around, still freaking out, and see that I have a tail.

I would laugh nervously...and sit down on my butt suddenly, thinking hard.

What are my parents going to say? Sketch? Schoolmates? Teachers? Will I be able to do anything?

Then I'd feel to see if I had a horn. I would, so my thoughts would change somewhat, interested at the idea of using magic. So I'd take a few minutes to acquaint myself with levitating, and I'd get my laptop from my other desk. I'd use magic to turn it on and would be impatient as I waited for Skype and the chatbox and chatzy to come up...

...and I would scream my head off in a mix of excitement and nervous tension at you all. I'd convince you all that I really was a pony, somehow. I'd think I was having a hallucination or a dream, but it'd be true.

I'd be breathing very heavily and laugh, and be so weirded out but very happy that I'd get to try my hand (ohhh...no, my hoof!) at being a pony!

Later I'd call my mom or my dad or my sister, Jenny (my fraternal twin) down to my room and talk to them through the door...trying to explain things...and then open it, smiling nervously, trying not to freak them out. They would anyway. I'd have to talk to them for some time. They'd want me to go see a priest. I wouldn't. I'd spend the day in my room and on chat, talking to you all and learning to play L4D2 with magic.

Then I'd find a way to alter my clothes to fit a pony of my size...and go out in public. Actually, I'd go find Sketch first. Then I'd go out in public. Quiet places, not to heavily trafficed. I'd get my closest friends and talk to them.

From then on, I'd live a happy if awkward life, worshipped by bronies around the world and become an instant YouTube celebrity and voice actor for the MLP show.
    Shooting Spectrum
    Shooting Spectrum
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Shooting Spectrum Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 am

Waking up was always a slow thing,first I woke up with my eyes closed for a few minutes, listening to the world around me pretending to be asleep to see just what was happening around the apartment before I alerted them I was awake, having been assigned the living room as my "room" had made me paranoid not much liking the same sex. After a few minutes I would stretch and sit up looking to see if my mess was still my mess rather to the alternative of a mess being picked through.

And that's when I would see it, at the opposite wall facing my bed head on would be a full sized mirror where when my gaze passed over it my overly sensitive eyes would be blinded due to the sliding glass door letting the sun in and shine off my new albino hide and mane. I would flinch to the left hitting a small outing in the wall head butting it and roll into fetal position in my bed as I giggle at just how stupid I must have looked (I giggle when I get hurt it's quite creepy). After subsiding and calming own all that was left now to stew in the realization of what I had just seen. Looking once again with squinted eyes I would see a pair of redish pink ones looking back at me, I would start to giggle again and wave around in the mirror being overfilled with joy.

That is until my heart would drop and turn cold, not for the fact I couldn't get out, oh no, my lifestyle had given me dog choke chains and ties and other "Lasso's" to work with to open doors and being an artist there were several pencils and pens lying around to use objects that needed my now lost fingers, being messy had saved my flank (lol) as everything was opened and out and ready for me to use and humanity's own ways had made anything else easy for me to maneuver (as all doors were either push/pull to open or had sideways handles in her apartment building) It wasn't the fact of my parents knowing either, I had shown my dad artork of my 'ponysona' and he had even watched a couple of shows with me he was always open and loving and always expected the unexpected (not to mention I could woo him with flight and use cloud/weather manipulation to harass his horrid next door neighbor from h3ll.) No the fact that sent my heart plummeting was the fact of where I lived, not only that but just who also lived in her apartment.

She lived in Seattle, home to everfree northwest conv. as well as the Art Institute student housing, a breeding ground for brony people her friends that lived above her, and all around her for that matter, all being major bronys her mind failed to compromise what would go down if any of her friends should see her like this, heck people could already see her from her fourth floor apartment that had no blind she was sure some were already freaking out.

At the same time though it made her excited to show off to her friends, so the rest of the morning she would practice flying so she could go out her sliding glass door and fly up a story and over a few windows to fly around her brony friends deck, making faces and making them think they were on some sort of drug or had been watching to much pony related stuff in anticipation of Season 3

From then on there it was time to play with Seattle, using her friends to play along either playing the prank that she was the latest technology from japan and play the 'rouge AI' for a bit until announcing I was a living,breathing and thinking creatures. (and maybe break out into her unused talent of singing to get her and all the bronys that would collect to sing a couple of songs)

From then on there her hooves would barly touch the ground flying at any given situation, she would part the clouds of Seattle to let sun shine through on events as well as appear at brony events and make appearances on behalf of MLP from cons to commercials. As well as help with animations/facial expressions and anything she could brony wise
    Letting others bronys use her 'blank' body to color there own pegasus style to capture pictures of there own OC' and any other MLP stuff

hoping that she still wasn't legally bound to pay off her college courses or anything as she no longer could attend in any field a bit saddened she no longer wanted to get tattoos nor unable to do any herself

But trading in her art to become a poster pony for MLP wasn't a bad trade her book

(lol at change of perspective xD)
    (another note that would be awsome is if only us on FoE had this change so we could interact with one another xD )
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:21 pm

I woke up to the blare of my oh so wonderful morning alarm. I swung my hoof to hit the snooze button, breaking the plastic with my- wait a min...HOOF?! I sat up in bed to see the orange body of a pegasus in my bed. Near by in the corner my cat sat, eyes wide open emitting a small growl. It took some time to realize this wasn't a dream, but after the reality set it I spent the entire morning checking out my new body. I didn't bother calling work- there's not really a way to explain that I turned into a pegasus. And looking at my house there's nothing Ill really miss since I was a pony now, except my many musical instruments. Wait a min...NOOOO how can I play them now?! Well I suppose that's a sacrifice I'll have to make to be a pony... come to think of it I wouldn't be able to draw as well either, somehow drawing with my mouth doesn't have the same appeal. After sorting out my affairs, like getting rid of the few possesions I owned as I am a minimalist pony, I would gave a hoof at bucking almond trees (its shaking time in my orchard) aaand after I humored that I left to look for other ponies.

Ill assume that I'm not the only ont this happened to, so I flew to Starry first. Inside her room she got used to being a blue unicorn. She laid in the fetal position on the floor when suddenly her window gets bucked out and outside on the lawn stood Jasmine. Upon contacting Star, I would immediately fly to Rodeo, which would take a while. However my charracter sheet says I'm pretty fast so I'd probably try a rainboom or two along the way. When I got there I'd be like Rooodeoooo, I lovee youuuuu. Lol.

After I acomplished this is would use my pega-powers to interfere with the weather as much as possible trying to get the attention of other ponies that may be out there. I could see myself trying to make a pony community with others and yes we would live happily ever after! Muahahaha! (I just noticed that this started out nice but quickly diminished in awesomeness over time because I wrote this on my phone at work lol.)

Insight time, I would be happy as a horse for this to happen ^^. It would be a huge sacrifice to not be able to play music anymore, however Octavia seemed to get by so I'll explore that and let you all know how that goes. My would still love me obviously, my mom would just be like...well...I always thought somthing wierder would happen to you lol. I would still go to college, for I must live up to my physics cutie mark. I don't forsee any hardship with my friends, if anything my new body would only serve to compliment my sunny hyper attitude lol.

For the record I wanted to do a more epic post so I shall return to edit this on my laptop later...when I'm not at wor lol.
    A
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:20 pm

I wake to the sound of my phone doing its thing, waking me up for another day. I fumble around with it, trying vainly to get my hooves to activate the finger senso-... HOOVES!? I fall off my ridiculously raised bed to the floor of my dorm, it hurts but not nearly as much as it SHOULD have. I scramble around on the floor and try unsuccessfully to stand up. Desperate to see just what is wrong with me, I look at my agape closet with its built in mirror and see that I've been turned into Galactic Dash. I sit there, shakily looking at my hooves and moving them over my every feature.

No classes today... obviously... Simply getting access to food is my #1 concern for the day. I'm too scared to venture out of my dorm because what would happen if a non-brony suddenly saw a pony trot out of a dorm room? I know I can't live on snacks forever, so I wait until the middle of a class period when as many of my neighbors are out to make my move. I would try to get basic mouth manipulation down as well, so I can lock my door, get a backpack on and fill it with some important stuff that might come in handy should I figure out how to use it all. I just go right through the alarmed fire exits and dash my way to the nearest foresty area, which isn't too far away, provided I gave myself walking practice to gallop.

Once in the forest with an idea for food, be it leaves or something else, I start pracicing the one thing I find undeniably exciting for my new form, flying. I get frustrated as I'm at first unsuccessful, but hey, we didn't go from Kitty Hawk to the Moon in a day. The first night is frikken miserable, as I wonder if ponies ever had to deal with mosquitoes. Second day is nothing but flying practice. I DO NOT want to travel flying close to the ground. I'm horrendously worried about getting shot at. After however long it takes, but as soon as I can, I begin flying up to the clouds to sleep. Then, I'll begin traveling when I have ideas for how and when I'd be able to get food. I call my family beforehand when setting up a meeting. If I get the feeling that they don't believe me and start contacting people, I depressedly book it, towards the west.

My options in the desert where my brony cousin lives would be limited en-route, but if I could convince them and show up without causing them to panic, I stay with her, and probably get my first taste of risk-free real food for once. Speaking of which I would instantly give up meat in fear of how my new metabolism would handle it. I keep that up as long as I can then pack up to fly around and see the world. I'd likely be in good shape. If this happened to others here, I'd only know by getting my cousin to check the site for me, provided I don't learn how to manipulate a computer with my hooves, nose, mouth, wings whatever.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:28 am

I wake up and before I can even move I get the overwhelming urge to light up a cig. I tell the urge it can wait, I haven't smoked in months and don't rightly need one, no need to get out of bed over it. However, the craving tells me it's the boss round here today and it'll be damned if I ignore it. Begrudgingly, I crawl out of bed and walk to my door. I see that black dog's already knocked my door open and gone into the living room, I call for her and make a mental note to bring her outside with me when I grab the pack.

I bump open the door to the sewing room, grumbling to myself about the light switches that still don't work. Inside is the rack of my step mom's scrubs, her computer, and on the table the pack of marlboro reds I told her to throw out to curtail my rage smoking. She of course hadn't so here I was, grabbing a couple and going out on the patio to smoke. Or at least, that was my plan. My hand seems to have other ideas, and transforms itself into a hoof. Asshole.

...Hang on a tick...hand...hoof...dafuq. Putting two and two together to make four, my sleep drunk brain slowly pieces together just how wrong this image is. This is ridiculous, you can't have hooves, hooves are for ponies. I tap the offending limb against the floor, it ring out solidly against the hard wood, it's definitely there. Ok, maybe it's just the one leg then, wait a second...[i] I a quick jump, that was definitely four points of contact. [i] Oh dear god what's happened to me?! Did I mutate in my sleep?! I'm doomed, doomed to a sad and solitary existence as a four legged freak with hooves. I fall back into the chair, which I promptly fall out of, and feel hair whip across my back. This isn't right, I keep my hair short, I should not feel it there. I stand up and walk to the bathroom, finally looking in a mirror, which would've been the rational response to be four legged and hooved.

"OK I'm calling bullshit on this whole thing." I tell the mirror soon as I enter. "No fucking way am I Happy mother fucking Trails. So you can just stop this right now brain, you might have thought i'd like this illusion, but it doesn't exactly work if I'm in the real world, let's just cut this out and never speak of it again."

Black dog pokes her head in the doorway curiously looking up at me, I give her a scratch behind the ears, something that hooves don't simplify. She rolls over on her back, telling me to pet her, our usual routine. I find a strange comfort in the familiarity of this little ritual. Black Dog wants attention, I give her some, she wants more. I bend down and scratch her belly, feeling the anger at my own brain quickly fade away. There's no use in being pissed about this, might as well make the best of it.

I trot back to the sewing room and spend the next few minutes struggling to open the pack and grab a smoke without crushing them. After struggling I rapidly grow tired of it all and decide the only rational thing to do is to end the cigarettes, violently. I knock the pack off the table, sending a few of the smokes skittering across the floor, and stomp on it. When I raise my hoof to admire the damage a see the MLP physics also seem to apply, as I've accidentally picked the damn thing up. The next few minutes are spent experimenting with just how picking things up with hooves works, needless to say, it's a little tricky. Luckily I pick up quickly, spurred on by my overwhelming need for nicotine.

My adventures as a pony begin with Blackie and I standing out on the patio. The cigarette helps take away some of the fog of sleep, start my day properly. I decide I'll need to go and find a vest of some sort, then see if I'm an isolated case. There had to be a few others with this gift, curse, thing. Who knows, maybe I'd even bump into a certain Zebra.
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 am

It would certainly be and interesting experience... I would wake up, and no doubt fall out of my bed, probably breaking many things as my room is horrendously cluttered. One I figure out that my hand and feet are now hooves I would probably stop trying to stand on two legs... Probably...

The first place I would go, after spending some time getting my balance, would be my bathroom, so I can look in the mirror, lucky for me I don't actually have a door to my bedroom, so that won't be a problem, and I rarely close other doors unless I have to. Upon looking in a mirror and seeing that I was Rad Boom one of two things would happen, I would either freak out, or think this is just awesome, I really can't say for certain.

Anyway after some time freaking out, are just looking at my pegasus self, I would have to negotiate the stairs... Which I would like to say I would manage slowly but fine, but it is a hell of a lot more likely I will fall down the stairs, and into a bookshelf... After that, with myself now in yet more pain, I would probably head into the living room, and try and use my wings, which would no doubt lead to yet more destruction and pain, but i'll figure it out eventually.

The next thought would be who the hell do I go to... And how the hell do I get out the house? I would probably buck the back door open/off it's hinges, since both doors are kept locked and no way in hell could I use a key. I would choose the back door, because at least then people passing on the street wont just walk into my house and take stuff, and I can fly out of the back garden, leaving any potential thieves with a tall fence to get through if they want my stuff.

Once outside I would probably get some proper flying in, and eventually start trying to pull stunts, not caring about the people below seeing a pegasus flying about, let alone a My Little Pony. After a while of flying about I would head to my friends house, him being a brony too, is probably least likely to freak out... In a bad way at least. As to what would happen after then... Shenanigans, as I would take full advantage of my ability to fly, there will probably be many things dropped from high buildings...
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 am

Waking up as a blue unicorn mare would be quite a shock. I would, of course, panic a bit, though I probably wouldn't break anything. I would freeze in my bed, slowly weeping in my mind while my brain tries to process the fact that I am a pony. I would be extra careful to keep quiet, knowing well that if my family were to hear a commotion and step into my room, they would see a female unicorn, and not much of what I could say would convince them that I was a male human part of their family.

I'd probably feel my horn for quite a while. I now have a rod sticking out of my head, and my natural curiosity would compel me to feel it(innuendos brazenly ignored). I'd know that Jasmine, if she were a pegasus right now, would be flying my way the moment she had gotten her bearings.

To appease my curiosity, and to learn whether or not I could expect a visit from Jasmine, or show my face in public any time in the next sixty years, I would turn on my computer and try to access the internet. I'd have to learn how to use magic, which, assuming it was too difficult to learn in one computer session, I would probably resort to moving the mouse with my mouth and tapping the keys with my nose.

I would, of course, look at the news, and see if there were any stories on a huge portion of the population having been transformed into pastel-colored ponies. Assuming they had, I would probably wonder why Jasmine hadn't shown up yet, and start worrying about her safety. Assuming they hadn't, I would go back to my bed and weep endlessly until someone discovered me, not knowing if I would end up as some experiment in a lab, a massive celebrity, a carnival act, or just somepony who is forced to hide in the basements of her friends and family, shunned from the world as her mane slowly grays.

Personally, I'd bank on celebrity. After the tests, I'd get my own documentaries, a kids' television show, go on book tours, perform real magic shows, and I could be the Hub's official mascot!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:00 pm