Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

2 posters

Chapter Xero

Xero
    Xero
    Level 2
    Level 2

Chapter Xero Empty Chapter Xero

Post by Xero Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:33 am

Hello Wastelanders. This is Xero- taking a moment to say hello, introduce myself and ask a few questions with obvious answers I probably looked over in the numerous rule sheets that I've perused. *Cracks Knuckles*

First order of business, hello (you just said that)!

Now that that is out of the way- a short introduction. I'm new to the site and RPing; but I love the Fallout series and MLP. I also fancy myself an Author, Tuba Deity and Avid Minecrafter (which is silly because I typically play Xbox 360 edition). I've also been told I'm a humorous person- I don't see it.
    Similar to Xero the Zebra, I'm very claustrophobic, especially around people. That being said, I did not derive Xero's qualities from myself. If I am RPing correctly you may notice I act differently in the Wastes compared to in the Chatbox.

And now, painfully obvious questions:
    1. What is the site policy regarding how often a player is required (or desired) to post? Are threads turn based, or will I be hopelessly left behind on a topic if I'm AFK for a day or two.
    2. How can I expect combat to work in a real life (thread) situation? How will engage entities in combat properly and how will I know if I've been attacked?
    3. What is the site policy for multiple characters? Am I allotted multiple character slots or am I encouraged to stick with one (or Xero)?
    4. How long should I expect to wait for my Character Sheet to be approved or denied? I'm very anxious to begin; and it can be difficult to remember that people require sleep. I'm still pending, though I've only been waiting for about a day and a half...

And that's all of my questions! I also appreciate topics, threads or articles that I can view to answer my questions. Thank you!

Goodbye everypony- I hope to see you all in the Wasteland real soon!
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Chapter Xero Empty Re: Chapter Xero

Post by Cuppa Beans Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:37 am

Allo, Xero.

I'mma be nice (and not lazy) and answer these questions for you, looks like I'm the only one awake right now anyway :3

1. The policy is basically post as and when the threads you are in required you to post. So long as you let others know you'll be away for a day or two, they'll be able to at least keep track of what's happened to get you up to date when you return.

2. Combat works simply, when the GM says you've been attacked and they put you into the combat, then you know you're being attacked. But combat normally takes place by using AP, as every gun and weapon has a set AP cost, meaning you can use say.... a 9mm pistol about 7 or 8 times if you did nothing but fire the 9mm pistol.
    You can do more than attack, such as moving and sneaking and such, but those have different AP costs.
    (http://www.falloutequestria.net/t659-60-system-revised-now-with-more-ap - that should tell you something more at least.)

3. You can have multiple characters, but it's generally recommended you get your other characters to an acceptable level before you decide to do this. And really, unless you can handle it, I'd say about two or three characters in total is enough. (It's not like I have four characters or anything Chapter Xero 3816407098 )

4. This depends on if you've done everything right. If you have, it should be accepted next time a mod who checks the sheets is on. Otherwise it can take a while.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm