Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+6
Kira
Athanix
Lucky Draw
Sawdust
Cross Roads
World Warden
10 posters

Ponyshock: "Guardian" Squad

Sawdust
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Ponyshock: "Guardian" Squad - Page 4 Empty Re: Ponyshock: "Guardian" Squad

Post by Sawdust Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Sawdust had them. She'd waited for everypony to forget to pick them up then scooped them up with everything else in the box. As she saw everypony relaxing from the encounter she spoke up, timidly at first, "Ummm everypony... We should." ... "Right. HEY! Everypony we should stay out of sight of the Watcher's Eyes! Whoever is behind them will send more of these," She points to the remains of the drones now piled together, "At us if we aren't careful."

With that she sat inside the Tavern and held up a potion, fresh and bright. She places it on the ground and then backs in deeper, waiting for the others to start making sense and get in cover.
    Athanix
    Athanix
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Athanix Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Athanix accepted his glasses back as the mare put them on his face. "Thanks. If somepony didn't give them to me I don't think I would ever find them..." Then with his vision slowly coming back to him he rolled over lazily on his sides and stuck a hoof into his saddlebag. Pulling out a pair of tweezers he slowly extracted the bullets out of his flanks. It pained him a bit, but he knew if he took one of his health potions now the bullets would be stuck in his flank for the rest of his life.

And that would be bad.

He then heard the request for his name and answered polietly.

"Athanix Treviant at your service good sirs and ma'am. Friends call me Nix and I wouldn't mind if you did the same. No I you'd please excuse me, I need to pull these bullets out of me before I do anything else."
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Gentle Breeze felt proud of herself for destroying a drone. She then looked around and saw ponies bleeding everywhere. She immediately took out a first-aid-kit, and began helping ponies.

(Medicine 70 on anypony who needs it /a list of who's hurt and how would be nice/)
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:31 pm

The beige mare nodded her thanks to Cross after successfully giving the zebra his eyepieces back, though she had to question the order the unicorn was healing in; Dawn was a lot worse off than she was!

“Bakewell.” She reintroduced herself to Nix before excusing herself while he removed bullets from his butt.

The group seemed to be tending to wounds quite well. The unfamiliar white pony seemed particularly prepared. Sawdust had left a health potion on the floor before saying something Bakewell didn’t understand in the slightest about watching eyes. She would have to ask later, but for now she didn’t particularly want to hang out here.

"I'm taking a peek ahead." She informed the group, moving off without waiting for an answer.

She quietly moved to the door to the gardens and pushed it open just enough to peek through.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Out in the 'gardens' Bakewell spotte a hug vast dome that seemed to stretch over about 3 miles, the entire place was filled with canopy and foliage, there was even some birds chirping....from the door was a walkway through the forest, it had what appeared to be a small restaurant but appeared to be uninteresting except for containing more alcohol...

several ponds surrounded the patio, but they appeared to have murky brown water and one had might've been a living creature at one point floating in it.

A small sign on the roadway stated the next distination,

"To the audio district, Broadcasting Central"
    Sawdust
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sawdust Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Sawdust stared at the potion for a good thirty seconds, nopony was taking it, they were also sitting apparently in view of the cameras. Maybe... Maybe those were the last of the drones? The yellow mare sighed, ... , "Yes yes I know, assumption is the mother of all screw ups." ... "See that's what I was thinking, the room here is out." ... "Well, they are sitting in front of the cameras I'd think more would be coming if there were more to come. We'd hear it, no?" ... As Sawdust finished speaking to herself, out loud, she smiled, she'd one upped Twilight!

Feeling more than a little proud to have bested her doll in Logic she stood and pranced out, fetching the potion and leaving it near the injured member of the party. She looked around and noticed that Bakewell had gotten somewhat ahead of the group! That wouldn't do at all! At a brisk trot Sawdust moved to join Bakewell at the door. There she stopped to ask, "Is it safe?"
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Bakewell gazed over the area, unsure of what to think. More plants than the mare had possibly ever seen before in her life packed the large gardens. The animals and greenery was almost inviting.

“I guess it looks safe?” Bakewell responded quietly, pulling back from the door. She looked unsure. “Of course, so did the trapped corpses that almost drowned us earlier. So I’d say it’s a capflip. We’ll either be fine or one of these plants will reveal itself to be a pony-eating mutant as soon as we enter.” She held the door.

“Why don’t you have a peek? I’m going to play that holodisc from earlier, since we’re both here and not being attacked. I don’t want to wait too long and have it end up broken.”
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Kira had watched as the others patched up the once that have gotten wounded during the small skirmish with the security drones. This had at least learned her not to take point in the future it was a harsh way to learn it but I could have been worse a lot worse even if this was bad.

Think then act was something she had to learn to do, and in this place was that even more important then out it the wasteland. All these traps and working security it all really tooled them of the dangers that lurked in the shadows watching them.
    Dawn Blaze
    Dawn Blaze
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Dawn Blaze Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Carefully pulling out the bullet that had managed to get buried itself into his flank, waiting for assistance from the timid white mare that had followed us, apparently she was a very efficient fighter, his train of thought was derailed as he saw the other two mares of the group walk off into the next area. Checking the wound just on the surface of his rib cage for any bleeding, he dictated that it was safe to walk.

In desperate need of a fire arm he followed them into the other area, "mind if I tag along?" he asked seeing the area dubbed the "gardens of harmony" and the sheer size of the place made his eyes grow larger than dinner plates, seeing the sign point to a broadcast station gave him something to look for other than a gun,"plus I think the last thing you want to do is go alone." his mind flashed back to the maniacle voice they had encountered even before the flood, "I have a feeling were not even close to how bad this place is......."
    Sawdust
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sawdust Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:02 am

Sawdust took a peek, unsure if the Bully was going to prank her, but deciding that she earned a chance to prove she wasn't a complete arse. Before she looked though she nodded, "Alright." As she was responding to Bakewell, one of the other party members arrived, one that had been hit fairly badly. Saw took one look at the chest wound, glanced past him at the innocent purple bottle that was near the others then with a twitch of her eye looked back at Dawn.

"Why is it that everypony just walks past or ignores the potions? HERE!" With a bit more of a rough shove than necessary a bottle of healing potion got its self shoved at Dawn Blaze. She released it, the buck would have to catch or pick the bottle up. Sawdust knew one thing above all else, healing potion bottles almost never broke. It'd take a source of extreme bad luck to cause one to.

That matter done Sawdust turned about sharply, snapping the bottom edge of her Mysterious Duster at Dawn before shuffling to the door and taking a peek.

And that peek was breath taking. Gardens and life, green and 'happy'. It was almost the fairy tale world her parents had spoken of, the world before the war. Green and verdant. Unfortunately that wonder wore off quickly. Inside seconds she saw the decaying machinery, the fouled waters and every other flaw. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, "I wonder if the grass is safe to eat." She said absently. ... "Can't I try a little?" ... She sighed and pulled her head back into the tavern hallway and sat, "Aww, well it was a nice thought."
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:38 am

Lucky walked toward the party, his head still bleeding. He looked at the potions on the ground and decided against using them. He had taken FAR worse hits before, after all. There was also the possibility of needing the potions for more pressing issues later.

The tan buck pulled a stained and torn rag from one of his bags, then stuck it directly into the bloody hole in his ear. Lucky pressed it in hard, hoping that it would stop the bleeding. He looked at the group before him and said, "Alright, no more of this shit. That's two traps we've gotten into in under twenty minutes. Pay attention to where you step, don't pick up anything suspiciously valuable, and for the love of the Goddesses, DON'T do what the gryphon just did." It suddenly occurred to Lucky that he didn't know some members of the group. "I'm Lucky Draw, for those o' you who ain't heard of me before."

[medicine: 27, Luck: 9, rolling to stop the bleeding in my ear with the rag]
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:50 am

Cross watched as the others put themselves together, overall he wouldn't say this group was too bad but they just hadn't had a chance to do something to stupid yet. But as soon as he took a look outside he turned and faced the others.

"We really should get over there, if the station broadcasts throughout the city then theres a good chance we could contact somepony, maybe we're not the only ones who made!" rather than wait for a response, Cross headed down the path and began the march towards the Station
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:45 am

((OOC: I've been informed that the Holotape is exactly the same as the note.)

Bakewell flashed a welcoming smile at Dawn when he approached; choosing to let the grin answer whether or not she minded him coming.

“I really hope you’re wrong about how bad this place is. But I know you’re probably right. I highly doubt that those robot-guys were capable of laying out the trap that got me and Sawdust earlier, after all.”

As Sawdust tried to give out another healing potion before apparently having (and losing) an argument with herself, Bakewell fiddled with the holotape. She frowned as she failed to get the thing to play, and eventually resorted to violently flinging her pipbuck limb around in the air in front of her. Nothing.

“I guess it’s broken.” She muttered with a disappointed sigh. Maybe water had ruined it? She would have to listen to the next one she found sooner.

When Cross took point towards the station, the mare did nothing to try and prevent him. The earth pony had intended to take the lead in order to be the target of all the monsters and traps, but if Cross wanted to do so instead then she had little to no complaints; just as long as it wasn’t somepony else like Sawdust, Dawn, or Nix taking point.

Bakewell cheerfully motioned for the other two to go behind Cross before she fell in line behind them, habit forcing her into adopting the formation Happy Trails and Kestrel had ingrained into her head throughout their travels in the Hohoofe.
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 am

Kira sighed at Lucky's remark, yeah why did he not rub it in some more she knew she had made a mistake and a mistake that could have cost them more then it did. Still there was something good that had come out of this little encounter. She quickly got to follow Cross and moved in to position on the right flank, it was good that Bakewell also used some of the things they learned back in the Mohoofe.

"Cross I think you are right. Think about it the security is working and it is very possible that the broadcasts station would work." She might not be the smartest gryphon but she could put things together when they were shoved in her face with the speed of a bullet.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 pm

The group finally organised themselves and began trudging through the forest in the direction of the audio district.

Dawn Blaze spotted it first: a grotesque, masked face leering out from behind a tree. The rest only looked over when they heard what sounded like a pony plunging a hoof into a vat of minced meat; they saw a pale red mist and a few bizarre fragments of something red and glistening float towards the ground.

Continuing on with nervous steps, they spotted the silhouette of a pony illuminated by the pallid light streaming down through the ocean. When they reached the place the figure should have been standing, there was nothing there except a crude note on a sign: “They seek him here, they seek him there, they seek him everywhere.”

Suddenly, a wild peal of laughter echoed about the gardens around them.

“Looks like something new to play with!” a voice shouted out from behind them, before another wet meaty sound was heard and lights flashed towards the sound. All that was present was another ominous cloud of red mist.

Turning back to the path, a pony stood momentarily motionless, a crude bark mask covering their face. “Let the games begin!” More laughter came from the gardens around them and three more times, the sound of the wind stamping its feet came from around them – one from behind the group, and two from the left amid the foliage.

The figure that stood on the road pointed a hoof in the direction of the group and suddenly his hoof appeared to ignite, flames curling about his foreleg.

“Your move!” he said with an ecstatic giggle.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Bakewell had moved nervously ever since the first disgusting sounding noise and pale mist. This was a trap. This whole garden was such a huge obvious trap and they had walked right into it. Maybe if they were just really careful and unobtrusive didn’t touch anything they could walk back out…

Or not. The laughter echoing around certainly wasn’t an inviting sound, and the mare’s head whipped around to face it, only to see another cloud of strange red mist. This was bad. This was really bad, they had to get out of here before whatever teleporting monster this was found some friends and the group became…

“…Surrounded” she finished her thought in a whisper as more laughter echod through the wind, combined with the rough sounds of wind that in Bakewell’s mind could only be caused by fast teleporting ten eyed ten hooved flying purple pony eaters.

She stayed quiet and crouched slightly as the road-pony did some freaky fire stuff. If somepony wanted to try and talk this obvious threat down, the more power to them. Bakewell knew she would probably only worsen the situation if she opened her big fat whiney mouth, and so stayed quiet and got ready to move and attack should the need arise.
    Dawn Blaze
    Dawn Blaze
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Dawn Blaze Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:27 am

I honestly hate being right sometimes his mind proded, causing Dawn to frown, now wasn't the time to be having those thoughts when all of this is happening. The voice reached its way into his ears, it reminded him of the crazy pony from earlier, though he couldn't remember whether it would be a match.

Reaching for his weapon......... Only to growl in frustration when he remembered he hadn't at all been succesful in that endeavor, he began to back away slowly as red mist and more of the voice continued to spout out whatever craziness it could. Finally seeing this mysteriose pony appearing, almost out of no where, a flame ignited at the end of his hoof menacimgly, almost as if he could burn us all down in the blink of an eye.

Backing up farther hoping to maybe get near some cover find a sherp stick of some sort, he was quicly reminded that they were in a forest like place........ Were there so happens to be a lot of wood, and probably the worst possible place to be in this sort of situation. "Luck is just not on my side today." He sighed, today just got a lot longer........
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 am

This was just great, just great. It looked like they could never get a single break in this place and now did they have strange crazy ponies with burning hooves what ells could this place throw at them. Still Kira could not be sure about this pony, he might look crazy and was maybe some kind of underwater raider but she could not be sure.

She did carefully instead pull out a metal apple hoping that she would not have to use it, hoping they could talk they way out of this but she liked to be prepared if things got worse. The gryphoness just hoped that her action would not be seen as provoking and spark an early conflict with this pony.
    Sawdust
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sawdust Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:41 am

Sawdust shrunk toward the center of mass of the group, her eyes skittering around the area. The sound was terrifying, the laughing was menacing and and... THERE IT WAS! She threw down her pistol and drew out the sub machine gun she'd scored a few rooms back. This thing, as nothing so horrible and monstrous could be called anything but, had to die.

Her resolve steeled thanks to the taste of the dense plastic and steel grip, three clips and four round burst fire in the shape of a 9mm Sub Machine Gun. Sawdust wasn't about to wait for the fire handed monster to strike first. It clearly wanted to kill them, everything in this hell hole seemed to, the scared yellow mare wasn't about to lay down and die. As she cleared the legs of the party Griffon, she zeroed in on the Splicer and let loose a torrent of Lead. "DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!" She yelled past her gun and over the sound of her own gun.

[Well... Yeah so lets hope he wasn't an Actual possible friendly, cause this is not gonna help! XD Gunz 47 full shots, luck is still 7]
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Cross let out a metallic growl as soon as the figured challenged them... he was NOT in the mood to deal with dregs any time soon. Not to mention Sawdust already provoked what little peace they had.

*FLASH* Cross stood behind the lone figure on the road. If he liked fire, then he would damn well get some fire. He took a deep breath and roared ...letting hellfire swim from behind the splicer before he could react.

(x3 fire attack on splicer, roll to see if he catches on fire, flamers still do automatic DAM on hits)

World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Sawdust’s sudden attack seemed to work wonderfully, her bullets tearing into the gloating hoof-ignited freak, making it shudder and dance spasmodically. This was quickly followed up by Cross teleporting behind the unsuspecting creature and unleashing a stream of fire upon it from his mask. The flames severely burnt the hide of the creature, eliciting a scream of pain, and it spun its head towards him in what Cross could only guess was surprise, flames licking the wooden mask it wore.

Despite the wounds and burns the creature had taken, it still managed to unleash two floating orbs of fire from its hoof in the direction of the group, only for one to explode several metres in front of them, coating a small section of grass with embers and the other went soaring off into in the dark above them. With a frustrated, high-pitched, pained growl, it disappeared before their eyes, dissolving in an eerily familiar wet meaty sound and leaving only mist and flakes of what they could only assume was flesh, a trailing echo of crazed and pained laughter with it.

From the left and behind them, there was the soft yet unmistakable sound of sprouting flames as a few wisps of fire appeared in the air, the dim orange light illuminating three more strange wooden masks.

“Looks like it’s game on!” The voice said, with far less joy in its voice.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:39 am

Lucky got ready for the fight. "Ya'll just HAD to shoot at 'em, didn't you? Out of all the other options, you had to attack them first."

He decided to forgo the use of his weapon; it was nearly about to fall apart at this point, and any further use would more than likely cause it to jam and malfunction. Instead, he hunkered down into a melee stance, and prepared to do a lot of dodging. The tan buck didn't know a whole lot about melee combat, and so he wasn't willing to run at them hooves flailing.

He WAS willing to try and watch his opponents, who clearly had the ability to teleport. He knew from experience with unicorn raiders that there was usually some sort of attack pattern they would use, and that to fight them effectively, he needed to learn that pattern.

'Damn my astigmatism. This'd be easier if they weren't blurry...'
    Sawdust
    Sawdust
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Sawdust Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:44 pm

"They're Evil! Nopony laughs like that and isn't Evil!" Sawdust protested past her gun, her imediate target having fled her hail of bullets. She scanned the direct surroundings, using the ponies and griffon of the group as soft cover. She couldn't see much in the way of Hard Cover, not while the enemey could appear and disappear at will.

She wished right then for a grenade, the enemy had kindly clumped themselves in a small area and that made them a prime target for one. From her spot next to Kira though she saw the little metal 'apple' shape and grinned, alright! She waited for Kira to throw it, because what else would she do, talk to the crazy fire throwing monster ponies? Surely she wouldn't do that! So, when she threw the grenade, Sawdust planned on sending a stream of lead at the Evil Mask Wearing Things.

[Shoot the ponies after the grenade goes off. Assuming Kira actually throws the thing. However many shots She can get in, same stats XP]
    Kira
    Kira
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Kira Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Well it seamed that finding a friendly way out of this was out of the question, at some point there was nothing you could do but to fight but Kira was sad to see that they now did not have any other option then to fight these strange and possibly crazy ponies. She had to point out to Sawdust that firing wildly at ponies that could be crazy but friendly was something they needed to avoid in the future, if there was some friendly crazy ponies down here firing a hail of bullets and setting them on fire was not a way to get help.

But now fighting was something the gryphoness had to do. She scanned the area after anything that could be a threat, she did not want to throw away a grenade without having clear targets. Luckily her good eagle eyes had not failed her as of yet, she spotted the strange wooden masks as soon as they where viable hoping that they where a actual treat. She pulled the stem of her grenade and threw it low over to where the mask wearing things where hoping that they would notice the grenade before it blew, with that in mind had she cocked the grenade before throwing it giving them as little time as possible to avoid it before blowing.

[Explosives 70, Luck 5, Heave, Ho!, throw frag grenade low over at the collection of evil mask wearing things, cocking it for earlier detonation]
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

"Doesn't matter if they're evil, if there's a way around them that DOESN'T get us shot at, it's probably better!"

Lucky set about watching the nearest opponent, trying to make out any kind of movement that would betray his next action. He looked directly at the maniac's chest; From there, he could see any twitch on the crazed pony's body.

The tan stallion kept stock still, preparing to exert all of the force he could muster into his next moves. Timing would play a critical part in this waiting game, the stakes were high and the slightest miss could cause an unimaginable amount of pain and cost Lucky dearly.

This would be a fun game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:40 pm