Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+5
Lightning Flash
Kestrel
Sky
Ginger Ale
Happy Trails
9 posters

And All You Could Have Been (Social, Wild wasteland)

Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

And All You Could Have Been (Social, Wild wasteland) - Page 5 Empty Re: And All You Could Have Been (Social, Wild wasteland)

Post by Ginger Ale Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:34 am

Ale frowned a bit a the nickname, princess leia was...one of the nicer ones he'd heard in the past year. "Well cyborg I might be a little happier if ponies just called me ale but i guess theres nothing that can be done about that." He saw that rookie was having trouble with the fire and said, "Here let me get that." Ale closed his eyes and pointed his horn at the pile of wood and concentrated. A small ember formed on the tip of his horn and drifted towards the wood pile, soon landing deep within the kindling before rapidly expanding to engulf the whole pile. Ale opened his eyes to see the fire was now burning brightly and the tarp was a little bit blackened from the spell. "There that wasn't so- GAH." a wave of pain shot through his horn once the spell was cast and ale's reaction nearly sent his muzzle into the fire. He recovered and began to rub his forehead with his hoof. "O.k. thats the last of the magic for today." he told himself. Ale looked past the fire to the wingless pegasus and knew he was about to ask so the unicorne answered ahead of time. "Little trick I learned in filly, easy way to light the furnaces, get a head start on my work so I could get done by meal time." The pony said, a little proud of his party trick.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

And All You Could Have Been (Social, Wild wasteland) - Page 5 Empty Re: And All You Could Have Been (Social, Wild wasteland)

Post by Happy Trails Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:16 am

Trails' ears perked up and turned to the sound of Dash's bitching. His old man was weak from the sound of it, couldn't even protect his own family. It had forced the pegasus to become strong. Well, strongish...Stronger, there we go.

"Don't beat yourself up about not being here. The battle was lost the second those gates were opened." He said. "The stable ponies didn't have the discipline or desire to do anything but run when that happened, made them easy pickings. All you would've accomplished is a higher body count."
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Kestrel said nothing again for a while, still grinding away on his Bolts before finally finishing the job and setting the bolts he'd just finished sharpening back into their quiver. He reached for his Hellsing next carefully pulling the rotating barrel assembly free, pulling out the bolts it currently held before setting it aside for cleaning.

Checking the sights carefully Kestrel nodded silently then opened the valve for the air tank. It hissed like an angry Nightstalker for a moment before going quiet; empty at last.

It was then and only then that the griffon spoke, voice low and even. "Stableton fell because of a betrayal, your assistance would have only delayed the enslavement of this place. Focus instead on your victory in saving your kin." he said before reaching into his cloak and pulling out a small kit of some kind. Various tools, brushes, and pads filled it up.

With fluid grace Kestrel picked up one of the brushes and began cleaning the rifle's body and rotational parts. Scraping away the dust and debris that was ever present in the Wastes with a sort of speed and skill that only came from constant repetition.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Dash sat back and nodded when Kestrel told him that he should just focus on his personal victories. It was true, having a victory was alot better than just attempting to forestall a failure. Dash just wished that he could do better in the world.

Trying to distract himself from that particular topic he looked over at the weapon the griffon had been working on, "You said that weapon's called Hellsing?" Dash asked, "I've never seen anything like it before. It sounds like it fires using compressed air. That's alot more stealthy than a big rifle that uses a huge explosion to shoot things."
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Kestrel nodded respectfully at the question, moving on to clean the pneumatics and pump handle up a bit with his brush, speaking as he worked once again.

"Not surprising. They are exceedingly rare and it takes much to master the use of one." he started, reaching down to the barrel assembly and starting to clean it up; carefully, lovingly. "It is worth it in the end however. Its advantages far exceed its downfalls."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:53 am

Dash nodded, "Makes sense." he said. The Pegasus removed his saddlebags and began digging around in them. He pulled out some canned fruit. Although a little radiation inevitably found its way into such packaged food, it was much better than suffering through having to defy his nature and eat meat.

He looked over at Kestrel, "Want one? I got plenty."
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Having finished his cleaning, Kestrel quickly reassembled his Hellsing and checked the mechanics carefully. All was well...just as it always was. Reloading the newly sharpened bolts into the weapon. He refrained from filling the tank for now however, and simply set the rifle aside for the time being. The sharpening spike and quiver were returned to their proper places beneath the griffons body-concealing cloak.

Kestrel's reply to the pegasus' inquiry was a slow shaking of his head, then a nod towards the fire where his soup was cooking still. A hearty aroma of vegetables, herbs, and some kind of meat was growing stronger as time passed along; making the mouth water.

Dipping a talon into the thick soup Kestrel sampled it, letting the flavor flow over his pallet. It was perfect. Taking it off the fire Kestrel put his next item on to cook, a small kettle of sorts in which to boil water. It wasn't very large at all, heck it was downright miniscule, only holding enough water for what looked like a few cups to drink from.

It had its purpose however and after adding some water from a canteen he'd produced from under-cloak, the water was left to heat up and boil. His soup on the other talon, was left to cool. A thick steam rising off of it and wafting into the air as it did so.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Dash nodded as the griffon declined his offer, indicating the soup he was brewing. Dash sometimes wished he knew how to cook. Being on the road alot, Dash had found himself getting sick a few times from trying to live off of his own sub-par survival skills. He had learned to just buy what he could from vendors in town and keep things sealed up. Not quite sure what to ask next, Dash went quiet to eat the fruit he had, first taking out a combat knife he had and cut the can open. He wasn't skilled enough to use it as a weapon, but such a thing came in handy for many other tasks as well. After nibbling for a few minutes, Dash then got an idea for something to ask next, "Do you have anywhere you call home nowadays?" he asked.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:35 pm

"Define home." Kestrel said calmly, checking his water and, seeing it was boiling, pulled it off the fire and set it down, reaching under his cloak and dropping a few leaves and roots into it.

They'd be done steeping in a bit.
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Cuppa gave a thoughtful nod after Trails explained his story, taking another swig of the brandy before watching him talk to Dash about the stallion beating himself up over not being at Stableton. "Ah'll say, even the patients were tryin' t' get outta there when them gates opened." She said with a frown. "Ah guess it's cause they couldn't do nothin', or tha' they weren't prepared fer a big battle, but any stable pony who could run did."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Dash blinked for a few moments, he had been brought up with only one idea and place for what a home was. He'd do his best to define a home as he knew it, "You know... A place where you know you can always go, and feel safe. Like... For me, that place would be Friendship City. All my family and friends are there... Except for one of my friends... Winter Bell... I think she died here, in Stableton."
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Trails got tired of the lack of conversation and took a walk around the ruins. Well he actually just took the scenic route to Kestel's fire, knowing that he and Dash were having a little chit chat. His ears perked up at the mention of a familiar name.

"She was a Luna damned hero." He said as he approached the pair at the fire. "Stayed with her patients in the hospital until the end. I tried to get her out, the raiders torched the place before I could. A mercy round was the best I had. Out of all the deaths that day, hers is the one that sticks with me the most."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Dash's ears perked up when he heard that Khan pony, Trails begin speaking. His ears then flopped to the sides when the stallion revealed the grim truth of the matter, "So she's really dead?..." Dash asked, more to himself than the Khan. She used to help me get healed when I was younger... When I found my brother and got back to Friendship City her parents asked me to try to find her while I was out here, if I could... I guess I know what to tell them... Since you did the deed, do you have any words for them?" Dash seemed like he would have been greatly upset by what Trails had revealed, had he heard it a while before. He had since become accepting that what he found out wouldn't be good news.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 pm

"Tell them their daughter was a hero, that she made a difference, and she was one of the best mares I ever knew." Trails said darkly. "I only knew her briefly, just spoke to her whenever I was in the hospital. I wish I'd gotten a chance to know her better, she was one of the good ones."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Dash nodded, "I'll tell them that when I go back there." he said, "And it'll be soon." he sat back and sighed heavily. It was said that you could always expect to have things taken away from you in the wasteland than you could possibly expect to be given. It put things in perspective for Dash on just how lucky he had been to find and rescue Leafrun. He looked back at Trails, "Was she about to be captured by them, or was there something else that warranted you to put her down?" he asked.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Trails swallowed and started his answer, "She was on fire, to the point that no matter what I did she was going to die." he paused to let the memories flood his mind. "Her hide was almost entirely gone, leaving her just burning muscle and guts. Her eyes had boiled out of her skull, forming two molten trails running down her face. The only way I was able to recognize her was from the sound of her screaming while the the fire turned her into a skeleton."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:21 am

By the end of Trails' description of Winter's death, Dash's face had contorted into a look of absolute, complete horror. What Trails had just described was something that Dash could almost not comprehend happening to anypony he knew, yet here the Khan was, telling him that it had happened to one of his friends. He felt for a few seconds like he was going to vomit. There wasn't much out there that could possibly cause more physical pain than being burned alive. That pony that the griffon had mentioned betraying the town, Cross Roads, hadn't deserved the quick death he had recieved. But at the time, it all hardly mattered anymore. Both of them were dead.

"At least that bastard who got her killed, is dead..." Dash said, wiping a few tears from his eyes.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Kestrel had remained silent the whole time Trails told his story, finishing up preparing his meal by pouring some of the drink he'd made into what looked like a hand made earthen mug. it was a dark color with a rather interesting aroma. Like smoke and spice, with a low hint of sweetness. Pulling out a spoon and small bowl Kestrel served himself some soup, taking a large sample into his maw and savoring the hearty mix of meat, herbs, and vegetables.

Delicious. As always.

Washing it down with a slow sip of hot tea, Kestrel exhaled slowly, letting the air leave his lungs completely before he inhaled and spoke again.

"Many died in such a way. Others were torn apart and left to bleed out. One pony I saw had her chest ripped open by a few drug crazed griffons. Her screams only stopped when they began eating her lungs and she bled out. Others were subjected to worse before they were allowed to leave this world and enter the next." Another sip of tea passed down Kestrels throat before he finished.

"I am not normally a creature of vengeance, but such an act had to be repaid. It is why I hunted down and killed all of those responsible for the slaughter, not just Cross."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Dash scrunched up his mouth as Kestrel added another chilling example of a pony dying a horrible death during the battle that had happened here. Both stories had involved mares, so it all served to make Dash glad that his marefriend was safe and sound back in Friendship City, "Man..." Dash said simply, "Tomorrow... I'm just gonna go home. The best thing I can do is just not be another loved one that died."
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 am

Kestrel offered a respectful nod and then went back to eating his dinner. Whatever it was it smelled wonderful, and with the speed and grace the griffon was taking it down it must have tasted just as good as it smelled.

A few more sips of tea and Kestrel gave another slow exhale, savoring his food and offering thanks to the spirits and forces responsible for bringing it to him.

A weight on the air ghosted across Kestrels neck and he offered a small, almost imperceptible smile.

"Soon. For now allow me a moments rest." the masked predator thought. The weight shifted then disappeared.

Looking back up at the young stallion beside him Kestrel decided to get the conversation back on track and answer the question Dash had asked him.

"To answer your question Pegasus, I do not have a home as you have described; All that I call my own, is on my person. The path I walk is one of wandering. As such most nights my safety is provided by Nature herself, and I thank her for it, other-times I am offered lodging with others. No matter where I am I give my respects, then move along."

Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 am

Dash looked at Kestrel as he explained that he had no true home. And that it sounded like the griffon had some sort of relationship with nature. Something that Dash couldn't say that he understood. He nodded, "That sounds better than just fearing your surroundings constantly. My name is Galactic Dash by the way." Dash said, "And not that I ever eat meat, but what your cooking smells alright, what is it?"
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:28 am

"Most in this world call me Kestrel. The soup is an Old family recipe." Kestrel answered casually, keeping the more...disturbing details of the soups contents a secret for now. He knew what such volatile information would bring about...undesirable reactions no doubt.

Another sample of the soup passed down his throat followed by the last of his first mug of tea. Pouring himself another mug-full Kestrel nodded to the still mostly-full tea pot.

"Would you like some tea?"
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Ale had finished of his can of peaches and rookie was still cooking. The unicorn didn't really want to just sit around and wait so he opted to go for a walk while the wingless pegasus finished. As he walked he could hear voices coming from a short distance away, and although his hearing had improved to compensate for his sense of sight being reduced by half, he could only make out part of what they were saying. At least he recognized the voices as the ponies he'd met earlier and knew that if he was to walk up to them he wouldn't get shot...well, he was partly sure.

Rounding the corner he saw the khan that he had decided to call smokey, the scarface griffin that seemed to meld with shadows, and the chicken shit pegasus that still looked nervous. That wasn't the only thing, as ale closed the distance he could smell what the bird was cooking and on top of it smelling delicious, it also smelled familiar, but he couldn't quite put his hoof on where he'd smelled it before. As he drew closer ale made his presence know by giving a friendly "howdy" to the group. Next he pointed to a small chunk of rubble next to kes's fire and asked, "this seat taken?"
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Kestrel cast his cold predatory gaze over towards the newcomer. He'd gone and removed himself from the primary group on purpose, yet here was all the others slowly trickling in towards his fire.

How strange it was, the tides of fate, no?

"It is not Unicorn." the griffon responded still awaiting a response to his earlier offer of tea to Dash.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Dash heard the griffon's answer, "Ah..." Dash replied simply, "I guess it's like an ancient secret or something?" he asked. He looked over as the white unicorn arrived, "Sounds like it's open." he said. Dash then looked back to the griffon as he offered him some tea, "Oh, don't mind if I do. I was getting sick of dirty water, too, literally." he said, "I haven't had good tea since back home in Friendship City."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:52 am