Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

5 posters

In-character Romance & Romantic Rivalry

Pendant
    Pendant
    Level 5
    Level 5

In-character Romance & Romantic Rivalry Empty In-character Romance & Romantic Rivalry

Post by Pendant Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

Shipping.

Here.

Is.

Bull.

Love, infatuation, arousal, jealousy, and the dating/growing on somepony process have been thrown out the window so we can all fit in and be shipped. It goes from being complete strangers, to flirting for a few posts, to nuzzling and kissing and BAM SHIPPING.

There is no competition for the love of one mare/stallion, as often happens in real life.

There is so little depth. And it's not always believable, either.

We need to change that.
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

In-character Romance & Romantic Rivalry Empty Re: In-character Romance & Romantic Rivalry

Post by Blast Cap Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 pm

I agree with you fully.
    Eagleheart
    Eagleheart
    Level 1
    Level 1

In-character Romance & Romantic Rivalry Empty Re: In-character Romance & Romantic Rivalry

Post by Eagleheart Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Love is an complex emotion, we all feel it in body,mind and soul. So i ask the question, what is true and pure love. Is it a bodily need or harmony that fills the soul.There is so many ways that describes "love" since it can come from places you least expect it.

So for the claim of shipping here being bland, i can tell that it may have no depth and story line that it seem to be simply lust. Pure love build over time when a mare and a stallion go through hardship together and build loyalty, honest to each other and generousty such as a colt jumping in a line of sigh that was meant for the mare.

But since i am really new here i can not say that all the shipping's are bad, since i have not seen most of them but i do support your claim.

Last edited by Eagleheart on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pendant
    Pendant
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Pendant Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 pm

I don't mean that shipping is bad, not at all! I mean that it seems to me that sometimes we ship badly and fail to capture even the quick emotions, the first ones, of lust and desire.
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 pm

So do you want shipping banned or something? Are the existing ones really THAT bad? Love and Lust are two very different things :3 like Eagleheart said.
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 pm

She is trying to get the point across that we should make ahipping more realistic instead of what it is now.
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh well that makes more sense. I haven't seen any shipping on this sight really other than a little on Party of the Thentury. It takes a special pony to stay to true to a love roll
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Night-Shade wrote:Oh well that makes more sense. I haven't seen any shipping on this sight really other than a little on Party of the Thentury. It takes a special pony to stay to true to a love roll

Me and spark been shipping for months now, you got nothing on me. In-character Romance & Romantic Rivalry 3203297022

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm