Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Zuberi
Shrapnel
Bomb Bay
Sanura Heartsnug
Silent Echo
Harmor
Spectre
11 posters

The Long Road [Closed]

Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

The Long Road [Closed] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Long Road [Closed]

Post by Spectre Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Spectre picked up on the slight agitation in Sanuras voice, mostly because he'd never actually heard it before. "If i'm missing something then it'll probably be easier if you say it, my mind works in a very blunt manner and I can usually only really see what is right infront of me." He nodded at her next comment. "Normally yes, if you know what your looking at, it's easy to tell. But when it gets truely dark out here, a rock silhouetted on the horizon may not actually be a rock, without light, it's harder to see things for what they really are."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Sanura didn't respond to what he said first as she looked out toward the dark and thought about it, "Suppose you're right, don't really think about it much but it makes sense." she said and chuckled softly, "Kinda like when you're a filly and you think you're seeing things in the dark?" she asked and glanced over again breifly before looking back out into the night. "So how do you really tell what's what if you can't truely see it then?"
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:41 pm

"Exactly." Spectre said, Sanuras example had been pretty spot on. "Exept instead of telling yourself it's not there, you need to make sure." He looked out over the wastes, searching for something he could use, when he spotted a rock in the distance that looked a bit like a Radscorpion with no tail due to the way the small amount of light played across it, he pointed it out to Sanura with a hoof. "Over there, at first glance, what does your mind tell you that is? Then look again, and see if you still think the same." He knew there was every chance she'd just pick it out as a rock first time, but that would just mean she was good at picking out the details.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:51 pm

She leaned forward, squinting some to try and make out the rock, he was right, it did look like... something, she wasn't sure, it didn't look just the right shape for a rock but she wasn't sure it had the whole shape of a radscorpion either, "I'm... not entirely sure. Can't see it that clearly but I would guess that it's a rock or a log or something, cause it's not moving at all." she canted her head to the other side now, "But bugs don't really always move much either... still... it's sitting in the open too." she shrugged, rather than seeing what it was she was trying indeed to mark off things that it more than likely was not.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Spectre couldn't help but smile a bit as Sanura started listing off things it might or might not be, as well as what was wrong with it. Most ponies would just jump to a conclusion. "You see what I mean then? I can tell you with a ninety nine percent certainty that that is infact a rock, but you can see how easy it can be to mistake it for something else. I'll admit i'm impressed, I was expecting you to just make the one choice on what it might be." Spectre shuffled a bit as he felt his muscles stiffening up. He wasn't even on proper watch yet. "The way you picked it apart like that, that's good enough that it should keep you alive while your out in the wastes, but if your going to sit and watch while others sleep, you need to be able to do that sort of thing, and come to a final decision in seconds."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Sanura grinned some, "Thanks, can't really see much better than most people but I think I can do a decent job of it, still missing the point of what I'm trying to do here." she said, "Supposed to divide up the watch with the other ponies so no one gets all stiff and tired and passes out by mistake or walks all wobbly the next day." she said, "Worried about ya, Spectre." she said and laid her head down again, "S'why I keep pestering you every time you try to pull this whole night watch thing, you're gonna get yourself hurt tryin' to make sure everyone's safe cause you're not lookin' out for yourself too." she shrugged.

"So. I'll stay here and try and make my eyes better, that way when I sneak a sedative in on ya I can try and take over and get some other ponies to help too so we can both get some sleep." she quirked an ear. "Until then... is it just experience that helps you pick out what's what?" she asked, "Or are your eyes just that good?"
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Spectre chuckled. "Your that determined that i'm not going to stay up here all night huh? Well if it really means that much to you i'll let somepony else take over in a few hours." Inside he knew she was right, although he could manage fine if he stayed up all night, he would manage better if he got some rest. "Having good eyes helps, it helps a lot, but experience can make all the difference no matter how good your eyes are, and it's not all in the eyes either, sound helps a lot too... And after a while you can even just start to get the feeling somethings not right, then it's just a case of using it all together to make sure you never miss anything. So in fact I would say it's majorativly experience."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Sanura noddles, "Then maybe one day I'll be good enough at it that ya won't mind if I make you get some sleep." she grinned and then sighed softly, "It does mean that much to me, haven't got many friends yet, gotta make sure the ones I have don't go squish for being silly." she looked over, "Yanno? I can fix you up but only as long as you've still got the parts." she teased, looking again toward the darkness, twisting her lips. "So what do you think is goin' on down there?" she said and pointed down toward the others, Silent writing his board and Shrapnel gathering the other two.
    Talib
    Talib
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Talib Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:58 am

Talib hears his name, distracted from his search as he instead looked for the one who called. He smiled sheepishly and nodded to the buck, more than happy to help where he could.

"Sure thing. Be right there." Talib then began to make his way back inside the building, careful not to put unneeded pressure on the structure. "Where is it?"
    Night Spark
    Night Spark
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Night Spark Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 am

night went and grabbed a few old cushions and layed on them with a thud. He observed everything that was going on around him and sighed. "Gah....I'm bored...." he looked over and saw the few about and walked over to harmor "I saw you fall down from there... good thing im staying down here I'd probly bring the whole place down heheheh... are you ok?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:05 am