Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+6
Galactic Dash
Safiya
Lightning Flash
Kestrel
Cross Roads
Winter Bell
10 posters

Breaking the Nightmare

Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Breaking the Nightmare Empty Breaking the Nightmare

Post by Winter Bell Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Two Days Ago

Winter set the holotape on her pillow to await Cross who slept but a hoofs touch away, the room flashing twice as the lightening from the storm outside lit the room for a moment before leaving Winter in darkness once more. She was deeply sad by what she was about to do and just watching him sleep made her chest knot up in all the wrong places. She had her Battle Dress on, her combat medic bag slung over her as she was ready to leave for Fillydelphia. She trotted around to his side and before she left, placed a small kiss on his cheek, her eyes threatening to leak tears as she took in the gravity of the choice. She sniffed and turned away as she made for the door. If she stayed any longer she knew she wouldn't be able to bring herself to leave. She reached the door and silently closed it behind her before she placed the black mask over her face, her mane flowing around it as it secured in place. She looked off down the road, through the rain and wind as she saw the dim lights of the caravan which waited for her. She took a deep breath before she cantered down to them. A few heads turned her way as they saw her emerge from the darkness accompanied by the sound of her hooves splashing in the wet mud, "Are you ready?" asked a buck named Blue Water. Winter simply nodded as thunder erupted through the night sky. Seconds latter a mare called Sunflower trotted from the front, "We better get moving before this storm floods us in" she said, the other agreeing silently as they saddled up and readied to move.

And with that they began their journey. Winter took one last glance back, stopping for a moment before disappearing into the night.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Breaking the Nightmare Empty Re: Breaking the Nightmare

Post by Cross Roads Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Holotape

>Play<

“I don’t have much time so this will be short. I also don’t really know what to say....... what can I say ?.... by now you’re probably realizing that I’m gone and you may be feeling angry, confused... or even hurt. And for that I can’t blame you and I’m truly sorry. But please understand that I have no choice... there are so many of them... alone... tired... pleading for a hoof to be extended to them through an act of kindness and.... my faith in pony kind isn’t strong enough to leave it to some pony else. So I’m returning to Fillydelphia...with a medic team, to see what I can do to help... even if it means I stay there for a while to give what I can with what I know.... I know what expect when I get there and truthfully I don’t know If I can really make a difference.... But I have to try.....I have to believe that I can help these ponies..... I will come back... but for now, this is what I have to do .. for all of you who know me well enough to be called a friend, I’m so sorry... and Cross.. I love -”

>End<

Cross brooded as he every step that he took released a breath of hot asperation. Normally, ...he'd enjoy the weather, it meant fresh water which was always a delight. But not today. Winter had left ...she didn't even trust him... he would've gone with her but no.... she thought he shouldn't even have know.... He didn't think, he didn't imagine what would happen.

His only goal was to get her back and until then, he would not focus on the pain. Business in Stableton continued as normal, merchants traveled around, citizens went about there business. Yet the air emitted an eerie calm. He knew it was a terrible idea to let her go to Fillydelphia, yet he believed the group would've been strong enough to get back...and they did. It was his fault she left, he felt fury at no one but himself, but there was somepony he had to find....

More ponies and various other races passed his gazed as he slowly walked with the hood over his eyes, only staring to search for his goal. A certain griffon merc who he'd need. The mud beneath him did not hinder him nor did the rain still sprinkling from above the foreboding sky still him. After ferverously searching, he saw the black griffon with appeared to be a companion, normally Cross would be cautious but at this point, he feared nothing but himself.

Cross called out to catch the griffon's attention, and give him everything he needed to know, they've worked each other enough to know the deal.

"...Kestrel...She went back", Cross's face never changed from its blank demeanor, his mind knew nothing us other than to save his Winter, his only goal he would ever have for awhile...

Last edited by Cross Roads on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Kestrel, after his trip to Filly, had been staying around Stableton. A recent bout of spring cleaning had allowed him the chance to clear out his veritable arsenal of gear, leaving him with only two revolvers and his Hellsing.

Normally Kestrel would have left town after that; moved on to other fields looking for that next job, but this time he had stuck around. He had done so for a few reasons. The first of which was currently sleeping in a hotel in town recovering from twenty-two years of living in Fillydelphia.

He was giving his father time to relax and recuperate while in town. A task that would no doubt take a month or two at the least.

Luckily for Kes, he had managed to run into a few familiar faces while in town. Trails, Ashen, Starry, even the rookie he had met out in the Mohoofe; Safiya. He had been spending a bit of time with the gryphoness as of late, though why he was doing so was unknown to him.

The Rookie, despite tradition, actually did not bother Kestrel all that much. He actually could put up with her company. It came as no surprise that she would be found standing with him when Cross wandered up.

The ponies words seemed to have no effect on Kestrel, he just squinted his brow and narrowed his gaze at the unicorn. It had been a long while since Kes had actually seen Cross, or Red as he called him. He could only be talking about one pony, one mare.

Winter Bell.

"She went back?" Kes asked turning his full attention towards Cross, as if to reassure what the pony before him was stating.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:20 am

Lightning was soaring in the skies over Stableton. Pulling off some flips, the pegasus was enjoying the day. The feeling of the wind flowing past him at high speeds felt good and the young stallion couldn't help but smile. Looking down at the ponies below, he noticed a familiar unicorn and griffon. Lightning ascended quickly and pulled a backflip before descending.

As he neared the ground, the pegasus picked up bits of the conversation. Apparently, somepony named 'she' went back...somewhere. By the look of it, it seemed to be a rather serious conversation. Lightning came down to a quick landing beside the two, his smile more or less faded from his face, "Hello Cross. Hello Kes. Is...everything alright?"
    Safiya
    Safiya
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Safiya Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Safiya had been spending most of today hanging around with Kestrel, talking combat, history and a few preferred strategies when facing particular wasteland critters. She actually found the giant bird to be some what interesting as he seemed to have allot of storied about his past and about experiences int he wastes. Normally she preferred to keep to herself, other then the times she might visit Winter who seemed to be the only pony in all of the Equestrian Wasteland she wanted to hate but ended up becoming her good friend... somehow. She always found humor in their friendship as it was so unlikely to happen, but there was something about the small mare that just seemed hard to dislike. They rounded a corner just in time to be confronted by a yellow buck.

Her gaze swept over him fast as she read into his physical features. He fit the description of the one Winter often gushed about during their meetings, but of course she didn't fully know yet. Her eyes narrowed when he said 'She went back'. Now it seemed all to convenient. "Who went back?" she asked, her tone smooth with a sharp edge which could make a pony feel cold inside.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Cross stared at the griffons and the pony around him, he didn't have many words to give them, he only hoped what words he could utter would be enough to say what he needed, he felt too cold and furious to bring up anything else.

"...Winter, ....she went back to Fillydelphia..." Cross cringed as he tossed the holotape to Kes, hoping that would let him know what was happening. But he had spent all morning listening to it, he breathed deeply knowing he'd have to be reminded even moreso Winter was gone, that he had fail to keep her happy...
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Kestrels narrowed gaze let up as a Holotape was chucked at him. He popped it into his Pipbuck and hit Play, being sure to leave the device on loudspeaker so that everyone could hear it.

“I don’t have much time so this will be short. I also don’t really know what to say....... what can I say ?.... by now you’re probably realizing that I’m gone and you may be feeling angry, confused... or even hurt. And for that I can’t blame you and I’m truly sorry. But please understand that I have no choice... there are so many of them... alone... tired... pleading for a hoof to be extended to them through an act of kindness and.... my faith in pony kind isn’t strong enough to leave it to some pony else. So I’m returning to Fillydelphia...with a medic team, to see what I can do to help... even if it means I stay there for a while to give what I can with what I know.... I know what expect when I get there and truthfully I don’t know If I can really make a difference.... But I have to try.....I have to believe that I can help these ponies..... I will come back... but for now, this is what I have to do .. for all of you who know me well enough to be called a friend, I’m so sorry... and Cross.. I love -”

As the Tape came to a close Kestrel felt a grimace etch its way onto his normally stoic beak. His mind lit up with thoughts, accusations, plans of rescue...all manner of thinking. But there was one thought that dominated his mind at this point in time, one voice among thousands that demanded the most attention.

This is my fault...

Kestrel, for the first time in a long time, felt guilty about something. It was a terrible, heart wrenching feeling. One that he honestly could say he did not like. The thought of being responsible for an innocent mares death left a foul taste on his tongue. Tihon had told him about this, about her foolish kindness. He had believed that the mare would see the folly in this mission.

She hadn't, and now she was going back.

He pushed that train of thought aside, no time for emotions. Not now. Not here. Right now he needed to get more details, more information about Winters foolish journey back into the hell that forged Kestrel into what he was today.

"When did she leave?" Kestrel asked his voice dropping a few octaves and coming out as more of a growl than truly spoken words; his eyes lighting up with a barely contained storm of thoughts.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Lightning watched as Cross tossed a holotape over to Kes. A feeling of dread slowly began to wash over him as the tape played. The pegasus had been around the wasteland long enough to know that Fillydelphia was a bad city to visit and hearing that Winter decided to go down there with a team of medical ponies just made him frown on the whole thing. Lightning knew that Winter had a good heart and that she always strived to help as many ponies as she could...but damn it, this could get her hurt. Or worse, killed. The young stallion turned to ask Cross a couple questions but Kes beat him to the chase.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Cross looked up from beneath his hood, his red eyes meeting the griffon's gaze, still without a hint of whatever turmoil struck his soul he replied to the griffon,

"She...left sometime in the dark morning, I didn't realize anything was wrong until I found the message, ...I went out and looked around but she's already left town....I was about to go after her, but I won't be able to get her on my own...I'll need your help" Deep down Cross didn't want to waste any time, every second he waited, was every second he couldn't protect Winter. If it wasn't so obviously a bad idea to tackle Fillydelphia on his own, he'd had went n his own. He didn't expect Kes's sympathy, there was no way in tartarus he was even capable of that.

But he he honor
    Safiya
    Safiya
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Safiya Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Safiya listened to the recording play and sighed as she heard Winter's voice speak through the speakers on Kestrel's Pipbuck. She knew Winter had a big heart but this was just foolish, she could end up getting really hurt. She didn't even need to think it over as she looked to Cross, "I'll help you. Winter is a personal friend of mine and I would like to see to it that it doesn't change" she stated rather coldly. She had a pit of worry ebbing in her stomach but it was clouded by frustration as she knew Winter had been very foolish in this mission of hers. They would need to act quickly.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Kestrel nodded silently as Cross told him the time line. The situation was not looking good, not at all. If she had left earlier she would be long gone by now.

They'd have to catch up quickly, before she hit the borderlands of Filly. If a patrol found her and her team they would be lucky if they were slaughtered. Winter was young, healthy, beautiful. The things they would do to her made brutal death into a mercy.

"I'm in." Kestrel said his voice still rumbling up from deep in his chest. His mind was already running a check list of what he would need to make this journey, as well as continuously berating him that this was his fault.

Kestrel did not need much to prepare for this journey of his. He was currently wearing everything he owned. A quick refill of his canteens, a trip to say goodbye to his father, and he would be ready to go.

"I'll meet you at the gates." he said turning to complete the tasks he had set up for himself. It would not take long five minutes at the most. Less if he was fast.

Good thing that right now Kestrel was rushing.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Lightning knew that time was of the essence and the second Cross asked for help, the pegasus was already in. The other two griffons agreed to go on this journey and there was no way he was going to get left out in finding his friend. "Cross, you probably already know the answer to this as well but I'm in. I'll help you find Winter and bring her home safely." They didn't have much time to prepare. Good thing Lightning always carried his weapons and saddlebag with him. His flight goggles was on top of his head as usual so he was all packed up and ready to move in a moment's notice.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Cross thankfully nodded at the pegasus and griffon as they committed themselves to helping him, he was glad to at least have friend like Flash along, ...as for the griffon... he heard Winter mention her griffon friend occasionally but he had never met her, ..at least until now and not on very fortunate circumstances, Cross thought and he did imagine that they'd be hard pressed with such a small group but time was short, hopefully they'd manage to find more ponies willing to help along the way... he felt little guilt not offering any more words but he knew there would be time for apologies later.

He said nothing as a an object shimmered on his face and his mask was donned, and with an metallic growl he spoke to the others.

"We better move, we'll need more", Cross and the rest of the group began to head towards the end of town. He continued to watch his surroundings, looking for anypony that could possibly be of use...
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Kestrel reached his father in roughly two minutes, he walked in and with a respectful nod spoke about his newest mission as he gathered up a few things he would need.

Tihon was lying on the bed of the hotel room, resting his recovering bones as he should have been. His son's abrupt nature told him something was wrong, the gryphon had not even said hello as per tradition. He just barged in and started gearing up.

"Why the rush Kestrel?" Tihon asked pushing himself up onto the bed a bit; so as to see his son a bit better.

"You were right, she bolted." Kes said. He did not need to explain exactly who he was speaking of in this instance. The elder gryphon on the bed knew quite well who his son was speaking of. So his guesses had been right.

How unfortunate.

"I take it you are going to get her then?" Tihon asked calmly, laying back down on the bed just as Kestrel finished packing. He, like his son, had been hit with a wave of guilt and emotion at the news that Winter had ran off. He could only hope that his son and whoever else was going along with him were swift enough to catch up to her.

"I am."

"Then be swift son. She wont last long in that place."

That was the last of the speaking between the two. With a nod Kestrel took off towards the gates, shutting the door to the hotel behind him.

As Kes ran towards where he was supposed to meet the others, Tihon found himself staring at the door; thinking. It had been a long while since Kestrel had been so...effected by something. He did not know whether to rejoice that his son was letting himself feel again, or to be worried that the wall was starting to crack.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Dash looked closely at little object which was labelled to be a Recoil Compensator. Since he had contacted his father about acquiring the 10mm SMG which had now become Dash's weapon of choice, the older military-seasoned pegasus had sent him advice about maintaining and improving the weapon, having admitted to owning one himself. He didn't have enough caps for it quite yet, but he figured if he could get some job somewhere, even if it were not really for all that much pay, he'd be able to loot himself some profit easily. He had to get his game together as well, Leafrun was still out there, and he still had no idea where to look. He felt confident and competent, however, since he had began, he had gotten rid of that good will 9mm over-glorified slingshot gun for his two more powerful weapons. He didn't bother himself all that much with thinking about getting a huge caliber rifle, he didn't really have the money for a battle saddle, either.

Dash looked across the street and noticed Cross Roads walking with a small group of other ponies, he knew by then that the yellow unicorn was good friends with Winter Bell, a mare he had known from Friendship City, specifically the Clinic. He looked quite worried, and Winter wasn't with him, he sort of hoped that he could reignite his and Winter's earlier friendship, so a good place to start with that was helping out Cross, "Hey." he said to Cross, "I think we got off on the wrong hoof when we first met... Anything wrong?"
    Safiya
    Safiya
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Safiya Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Safiya nodded as Kestrel left in a hurry and followed after Cross in silence. Her mind was caught in worry about what could happen to Winter. She knew she was a grown mare but she was still young, and foolish. This could have some serious consequences if they couldn't reach her in time. Fortunately Safiya was good at tracking ponies. She had spent allot of her youth tracking creatures just to see how spot on she was with her tracking and hunting skills. Since then she had bloomed into a well seasoned predator and that would be invaluable when tracking down Winter. She looked over as a black Pegasus wondered over, her fiery gaze searching him for a moment as she stayed silent.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Cross glared at that black stallion, fact is he didn't really remember how he knew him, all he could recall it was something stupid in a tavern, other than that he was coming up for blanks. Quite frankly he didn't really care for him either way. He'd be dead if it wasn't for Cross.

Taking a single moment to stop and glare at him, he turned back towards the gates of Stableton without a sound. If he wanted answers, they'd he better find them from somepony else.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Lightning raised his brow as a black pegasus stallion walked up to them. Glancing over at Cross and the griffon, both of them kept quiet and didn't say anything about what was going on. He would look back over at the pegasus before just turning his eyes away. The sooner Kes can get back, the sooner they could go.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Kestrel arrived at the current groups location a few moments after Dash had walked up. The gryphon having grabbed the few things he would need. Namely the extra ammo for his Hellsing and Kraken, he now had a total of twenty-four rounds for his Hellsing, and fifty for his Kraken; enough for three and ten reloads respectively.

The Kraken would most defiantly be his primary firearm unless the team needed to be sneaky about something. Kes was still getting used to the Hellsing, and it was a slow going process.

Still he'd have to be careful not to miss.

Kestrel cast his gaze on the black pegasus when he got up to the group, looking him over. It had been a while since he had seen the kid. They had met in Harmony, that damned sunken city, and he had at least proved himself to not be worthless with a gun.

The large well armed griffon greeted him with a short nod and a curt "Dash."

Looking around, Kestrel was the only one willing to speak to the kid. Weird, normally Kes was the LAST to speak to anyone. This mission must have already been hitting them hard.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Dash watched as they walked by him, "Nothing? I just wanted t-..." he sighed, but then looked when he saw Kestrel come over. The large gryphon at least honored him with a greeting, or really anything for that matter. Back in that goddesses forsaken sunken hell hole of Harmony, Dash had been forced to get over himself and converse with the gryphon on a number of occasions, it had been a little bit of time but Dash had maintained the confidence he had gained, "Kestrel." he said nodding, "You, uh... You know what's going on? I just asked if anything was wrong and was about to ask if I could help, but everypony's been giving me the cold tail-flick..."
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 pm

"Winter ran off, we are going to get her." Kestrel said calmly, though his mind began shouting 'because you took her there in the first place' the instant he said so. The way he said it one would think the gryphon were just talking about the weather or some other bland, boring thing.

Little did anyone know that Kes was waging war with himself. He hid behind cold stoicism, but the thoughts were there.
    Safiya
    Safiya
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Safiya Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Safiya gave a curt nod to Kes as he rejoined them. He had been quick to gather his gear. She remained silent as he explained what had happened, although her anger towards Winter's stupidity only worsened as it kept coming up. When she saw the mare she would give her a good piece of her mind... but first they needed to see if there was going to be a Winter to find in the first place. She looked around as she waited for Cross to announce their next move. Little did he know but she was also judging him at this point. This was the one that Winter loved, and she knew Winter was fairly intelligent. So she had to assume there must be a reason that she liked the buck. She was surprised to hear when she had finally chosen a stallion. The mare had received plenty of offers, but had turned all of them down for reasons that Safiya couldn't honestly explain. Her mind came back as she listened to the conversation between Kes and the buck who she now learned was called Dash.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 am

Dash's features went surprised, "Ran off!? Where, why!?" He had already guessed that anypony's next question would be as to why Dash would care, "I mean, I knew Winter back in Friendship City, not all that well, but she didn't seem like the type to just bolt without a good reason... Why does it look like you're all set to fight a second Great War?"
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Lightning just kept quiet when Kes returned, giving him a small bow of his head in greeting. He stared off into space as he wondered how far could the unicorn go in the period of time she went missing. Also, the pegasus couldn't help think of the things he might encounter in Filly. He had never been there but he had heard some horrible stories of what goes on there. Mainly, he knew it was a slaver city and probably one of the most dangerous places to visit.

Lightning eventually returned to reality, turning back to look at Kes and the black pegasus, Dash, as they spoke. They really should find some more ponies or get moving. One or the other. He would then turn to Cross, giving him a look that pretty much said, 'Now what?'
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:06 pm

"Because Winter ran back to Fillydelphia." Kestrel explained shifting his gear around. "She thinks she can make a difference. She can't. And now we have to go get her. You want to help? Shut up and start walking. Every second we waste is a second that she gets closer to that hellhole."

With that said Kestrel turned and locked eyes with Cross. Wondering why the heck the group was still just standing there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:32 pm